PDA

View Full Version : Schaub MRI

Silver Oak
10-22-2007, 09:48 AM
In his postgame press conference, Coach Kubiak sai Matt was pretty beat up after the first 7 games and would be getting an MRI after the game to check his right hip that fat Albert Haynesworth hurt when he fell on him.

Anyone hear the results yet or will we wait until the presser today?

brickman
10-22-2007, 11:57 AM
Last night, Jay Glazer said that the MRI's came back with no breaks or tears.

ChildressTitanMan
10-22-2007, 12:01 PM

That's good to hear.

Texan_Bill
10-22-2007, 12:25 PM

Isn't that what they said after AJ's MRI?? :gun:

nunusguy
10-22-2007, 12:33 PM
I dunno, but that might have been the MRI for his ankle. I'm thinking they
were going to do a second, different one for his hip or lower back ?

austintexanite
10-22-2007, 12:48 PM
Hopefully he's alright.

ChildressTitanMan
10-22-2007, 01:51 PM
Most game injuries are typically reported on Tuesdays when teams get back to work.

DiehardChris
10-22-2007, 01:56 PM
I think Glazer was taking about x-rays. I don't think they do MRI's at the stadium... those come on Mondays. MRIs can tell you much more and reveal injuries that x-rays can't.

NitroGSXR
10-22-2007, 01:58 PM
I could care less what anyone diagnoses this week. I'll just believe it on Sunday when I see who our starting QB is. Whoever is starting would be the public's version of the results of Schaub's MRI.

Texans_Chick
10-22-2007, 01:59 PM
Xray happened during the game of his ankle after the first bad sack.

The hip injury was the FatAlbert sack. They are doing the MRI today. Notably, though the Texans said hip, Schaub mentioned that his hip and back hurt.

Given how well Schaub had been playing, despite his inexperience and no running game, I dearly hope for his sake and the Texans that what he has isn't awful.

Hervoyel
10-22-2007, 02:06 PM

Isn't that what they said after AJ's MRI?? :gun:

Isn't that what they have said after every MRI and X-ray since day one? I don't think they even write a new press release. I think they just change the name at the top.

Texan_Bill
10-22-2007, 02:10 PM
Isn't that what they have said after every MRI and X-ray since day one? I don't think they even write a new press release. I think they just change the name at the top.

Thank God for "Form Letters"....

Ole Miss Texan
10-22-2007, 02:37 PM

Thank God for "Form Letters"....

LMAO

SheTexan
10-22-2007, 02:47 PM
Matt has been walking around "gingerly" for a couple of weeks. Maybe it's time for a rest. Hell, we rest everyone else for an eternity, why not someone who is the backbone of the offense?! I would rather see him sit the pine until we come back after the break, and then take on NO with a vengence!! I also think Sage is perfectly capable of taking on the Chargers and the Raiders. BOTH need time to do their thang!! Matt needs rest, and Sage needs reps!! Again, JMO!!

Honoring Earl 34
10-22-2007, 03:24 PM
Matt has been walking around "gingerly" for a couple of weeks. Maybe it's time for a rest. Hell, we rest everyone else for an eternity, why not someone who is the backbone of the offense?! I would rather see him sit the pine until we come back after the break, and then take on NO with a vengence!! I also think Sage is perfectly capable of taking on the Chargers and the Raiders. BOTH need time to do their thang!! Matt needs rest, and Sage needs reps!! Again, JMO!!

I say sit Schaub until the OL can see Barry Bond's strength coach .

Leahmic223
10-22-2007, 03:26 PM

Our bye week is long overdue, I think all of our guys need a rest, but two more games until our guys get a bye week.

gjmac2
10-22-2007, 04:49 PM

I agree 100%.

Sideline
10-22-2007, 05:03 PM

Good to hear, as previously stated our bye week cannot come soon enough.

PapaL
10-22-2007, 06:19 PM

Sincerely,

Jerome Mathis and Crew

Goldensilence
10-23-2007, 11:37 AM

I don't see why Sage NEEDS reps. He's good in spot duty...reminds me of Commander Cody 2.0. I had this discussion last night with a co-worker. If you can't out play Patrick Ramsey or Jay Fieldler you got no business being a starting QB.

As for Matt.....If he feels he can go Sunday then I'm ok with what his and Kubiak's decision is regaurding that. Honestly I'd rather the FA be open and upfront about injuries and what to expect. I highly doubt we'll get that though.

At this point we really need a spark in the running game to help out everything. Light a fire under Dayne again, go out and Sign Corey Dillion, anything!

the wonger need food
10-23-2007, 11:44 AM
Given how well Schaub had been playing, despite his inexperience and no running game, I dearly hope for his sake and the Texans that what he has isn't awful.

Did you forget the smiley here or just forget to watch the last 3 games. I hope you don't consider 0 TD's, 2 INT's and 3 fumbles over the past half of the season "playing well".

HOU-TEX
10-23-2007, 01:05 PM
i don't think schaub plays until oakland...my opinion, but i think they're telling rosenfels to put on a little extra padding and probably throwing in a "sorry" here and there to make him feel better.

we aren't going to beat san diego anyway...

Sadly, I was thinking the same thing. Odds are, whoever's behind center is going to be lit up. We'd still have to have Schaub as an emergency backup. :gun:

dtran04
10-23-2007, 01:09 PM
Maybe we can see Owen Daniels attempt to throw one to himself...that would be fun.

The Pencil Neck
10-23-2007, 01:37 PM
Maybe we can see Owen Daniels attempt to throw one to himself...that would be fun.

We know that play is in the playbook because we saw Bradllee Van Pelt run it in the pre-season.

Leahmic223
10-23-2007, 02:17 PM
Not afraid of Sage starting at all. Its good to have a QB as good as Sage availiable if Schaub goes down. Even though he threw 3 INTs and fumbled a snap(which usually happens whena new QB comes in) I feel with extended practice he can cut down on some of the mistakes.

Texan_Bill
10-23-2007, 02:20 PM
for emergency purposes wasn't qb jared zabransky signed? i thought i remembered hearing that on the radio...

i'd like to see the OD one man show, for what it's worth...

Yeah KJ, I heard that too...

"Owen Daniels drops back to pass, finds a man across the middle. What a strike to Owen Daniels, a pick up of twelve yards on the play...."

gtexan02
10-23-2007, 02:28 PM
I say bring back Bradlee van Pelt and instruct him to throw it directly at the defender every time. Surefire way to protect against possible INTs

the wonger need food
10-23-2007, 02:44 PM
Either way, Rosenfels should be the starter if the coaches are going to base the job on performance. Schaub has flat-out stunk over the past 3 games and deserves to be benched. But as we learned under Capers, the best man doesn't always get the job.