PDA

View Full Version : We will win against San Diego...

Shaft75
10-22-2007, 02:29 AM
I guarantee it...

Andrew6
10-22-2007, 02:34 AM
lord I hope so I made a bet that Texans will win atleast 6 of the next 9

Ckw
10-22-2007, 02:42 AM
Today is the beginning of a winning streak I can feel it. Or maybe I just need to go sit on the toilet...

Leahmic223
10-22-2007, 05:23 AM
For some odd reason I have a good feeling about this game...don't know why I just do.

Maddict5
10-22-2007, 05:54 AM
For some odd reason I have a good feeling about this game...don't know why I just do.

yeah i think its because we should love the salaam-merriman matchup :)

Leahmic223
10-22-2007, 06:09 AM
yeah i think its because we should love the salaam-merriman matchup :)

Merriman's going to come from a lot of places.

Its just that its one of those games, we are supposed to lose, its one of those deals where the team is coming off two horrible losses. I don't know man I just have a feeling in my gut that we'll win this game. It won't mean it would save our season because our season is out of our hands now (Colts, Titans, and Jags have to lose a few games to do that with us going on a win streak) I think it'll just make last weeks lost a little easier to swallow.

We are 0-3 in the division though, that sucks.

Vinny
10-22-2007, 09:28 AM
we are not a very good football team and if the Titans didn't fall asleep in the 4th quarter and get some TD's instead of FG's we lose 50 something to not much....we are looking at 3-5 next week and a 7-9 or 6-10 season at this point. I'm not sure we are a .500 NFL club. I've seen lots of NFL action over the years and we just don't look like we are even a .500 team to me.

Texan_Bill
10-22-2007, 09:30 AM
I guarantee it...

I hope you're right!!

By the way, whats up with your end of the stadium...... we could here crickets churping down there... :shades:

Leahmic223
10-22-2007, 09:51 AM
we are not a very good football team and if the Titans didn't fall asleep in the 4th quarter and get some TD's instead of FG's we lose 50 something to not much....we are looking at 3-5 next week and a 7-9 or 6-10 season at this point. I'm not sure we are a .500 NFL club. I've seen lots of NFL action over the years and we just don't look like we are even a .500 team to me.

Titans falling asleep is their problem though and is a part of their team and it makes them less of a team than they are, their problem. Fisher should have had his team hyped to finish the game off, once we got within 10 points they should have woke up if they were ever asleep yet we got the lead. I think the 4th qtr was about us attacking their secondary more, something that is their weakness we had to attack it aggressively.

Also give our D some credit, the Titans only scored two TDs against our defense despite camping in the redzone(thanks to 6 turnovers) our defense is what kept this team in the game, not the Titans falling alseep and getting FGs instead of TDs.

Vinny
10-22-2007, 10:07 AM

Titans falling asleep is their problem though and is a part of their team and it makes them less of a team than they are, their problem. Fisher should have had his team hyped to finish the game off, once we got within 10 points they should have woke up if they were ever asleep yet we got the lead. I think the 4th qtr was about us attacking their secondary more, something that is their weakness we had to attack it aggressively.

Also give our D some credit, the Titans only scored two TDs against our defense despite camping in the redzone(thanks to 6 turnovers) our defense is what kept this team in the game, not the Titans falling alseep and getting FGs instead of TDs.I wish we had "their problem" instead of "our problem". The Texans gave up 6 scores in the first half and it was some of the worst game planning on offense I've ever seen in my life...Jeff Fisher totally outcoached Kubiak yesterday on top of us being manhandled in the trenches.

nunusguy
10-22-2007, 10:10 AM
After Sundays roller-coaster ending in a heart-breaking loss, IMO the Texans will face a mountain in terms of getting up for the road trip out to SD this coming weekend. We would have been better off if we hadn't had the near miracle in the 4th quarter, in terms of the team bouncing back next week.
A flat out horrible performance tends to inspire a team to bounce back easier the next week than losing a cliff-hanger in the last few seconds of the game.

Nza
10-22-2007, 10:12 AM
FWIW, the Saints made our red zone offense look bad. Not trying to take anything away from you but the Titans red zone offense is terrible this year against anyone, no exception. Every game it has been the same.

Vinny
10-22-2007, 10:13 AM
After Sundays roller-coaster ending in a heart-breaking loss, IMO the Texans will face a mountain in terms of getting up for the road trip out to SD this coming weekend. We would have been better off if we hadn't had the near miracle in the 4th quarter, in terms of the team bouncing back next week.
A flat out horrible performance tends to inspire a team to bounce back easier the next week than losing a cliff-hanger in the last few seconds of the game.When you have the lead and are kicking off with less than a min to go...I'd assume most teams beat offenses with a back up QB in who is a lifetime 55% passer. As bad as the game was early, the defense has massive issues since the offense eventually put them in a position to do their jobs and secure the victory. This team is awful right now and opposing defenses have no pass rusher to fear unless we are blitzing.

houstonhurricane
10-22-2007, 10:17 AM
If you are going to come out and publicly guarantee a victory - back it up with something...:wild:

Spike
10-22-2007, 10:25 AM
A win will be a pleasant surprise. If we play the way we have played the last five weeks, we don't have a chance.

Marcus
10-22-2007, 10:36 AM

I wish we had "their problem" instead of "our problem". The Texans gave up 6 scores in the first half and it was some of the worst game planning on offense I've ever seen in my life...Jeff Fisher totally outcoached Kubiak yesterday on top of us being manhandled in the trenches.

I think Vinny's assessment is pretty much spot on, unfortunately. I got faked out of my jock with their performance during the preseason. Better coaching could come as soon as the next game.

But getting manhandled in the trenches . . . totally different story. That is something that WILL NOT be fixed by next week.

nunusguy
10-22-2007, 10:42 AM
But getting manhandled in the trenches . . . totally different story. That is something that WILL NOT be fixed by next week.
Actually it's really kinda scary, because yesterday I thought I saw David Carr
on the field and not Matt Schaub. Because of the incredibly inept play of the
OLine, Schaub for the first time looked tentative & uncertain, unlike his previous games this year. That kind of deja Vu, all over again I don't need.
But when a QB starts to get beat up physically like MS did yesterday, well it can breed bad, bad memories.

awtysst
10-22-2007, 10:43 AM

But Vinny, we are not playing with AJ right now. I am optimistic he can come back, and help us win a couple of games. That might be just enough to hit .500.

Vinny
10-22-2007, 10:45 AM
But Vinny, we are not playing with AJ right now. I am optimistic he can come back, and help us win a couple of games. That might be just enough to hit .500.The Titans had a back up RB, didn't have their top WR, and didn't play their starting QB too....enough with the excuses....at least me, but I'm not going to be an apologist for the team.

Vinny
10-22-2007, 10:48 AM
Actually it's really kinda scary, because yesterday I thought I saw David Carr
on the field and not Matt Schaub. Because of the incredibly inept play of the
OLine, Schaub for the first time looked tentative & uncertain, unlike his previous games this year. That kind of deja Vu, all over again I don't need.
But when a QB starts to get beat up physically like MS did yesterday, well it can breed bad, bad memories.

Shaub was in for 3 drives early and almost got killed he was hit so much (and how hard)...Shaub as produced when given even a little bit of time and you guys comparing him to Carr is mindboggling...the only thing they have in common is that when the line really sucks, neither player can turn invisible.

Khari
10-22-2007, 10:53 AM
no :joker:

nunusguy
10-22-2007, 11:18 AM
Shaub was in for 3 drives early and almost got killed he was hit so much (and how hard)...Shaub as produced when given even a little bit of time and you guys comparing him to Carr is mindboggling...the only thing they have in common is that when the line really sucks, neither player can turn invisible.
I'm not saying Schaub is Carr, but I'm saying in your words "when the line
really sucks" and then the QB starts getting beat-up, most QBs start to look like Carr when he was getting beat-up here in his early days.

gtexan02
10-22-2007, 11:39 AM
You feel godo about this game because we're supposed to lose. If we do, you'll say "I thought we would" If we win, it will be a miracle. Therefore you have nothing to lose.

We always feel bad about the games we're "supposed" to win, and great about games we're supposed to lose. Thats what this team does, its bred loser mentalities

HoustonFrog
10-22-2007, 11:42 AM
Maybe we will play better on the road. Maybe Kubes can get them to concentrate and he, himself, can game plan a little better. They need to show in that game that they know what they are doing...or at least trying to do.

HOU-TEX
10-22-2007, 11:49 AM
I've seen nothing that would give me a reason to think we can win this game. Poor offensive and defensive play calling. I think we're leading the league in turnovers too.

IMO, we'll be lucky to get to .500 this year. There aren't any games that we could easily win. Teams like the Browns and Raiders are even playing better than we are at this point.:gun:

Leahmic223
10-22-2007, 11:51 AM
You feel godo about this game because we're supposed to lose. If we do, you'll say "I thought we would" If we win, it will be a miracle. Therefore you have nothing to lose.

We always feel bad about the games we're "supposed" to win, and great about games we're supposed to lose. Thats what this team does, its bred loser mentalities

Man you hit the nail on the head. We felt bad about the Falcons game and the Fins game(barely won that one) and we feel good about games like this where we seem on paper like we are going to get destroyed.

I feel good about the game, but I am sure once kickoff hits i'll change.

dtran04
10-22-2007, 02:43 PM
I sure hope they try something different this week. Start with a quick hurry upish tempo to get a groove going. Try not to let the Chargers get into their crazy blitz schemes.

powerfuldragon
10-22-2007, 09:03 PM
I guarantee it...

you're George Zimmer, and i claim my $5.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v15/TheKingOfBums/140x140-GeorgeZimmer_0.jpg

If you don't know who this guy is, he's responsible for the speaking part of this. (http://ytmndclothing.ytmnd.com/)

alphajoker
10-22-2007, 09:49 PM
When you have the lead and are kicking off with less than a min to go...I'd assume most teams beat offenses with a back up QB in who is a lifetime 55% passer. As bad as the game was early, the defense has massive issues since the offense eventually put them in a position to do their jobs and secure the victory. This team is awful right now and opposing defenses have no pass rusher to fear unless we are blitzing.

Agreed. The pass rush is a joke right now. I'm beginning to think Okoye has hit the rookie wall and Williams to me, looks just plain lost out there. Or maybe its the playcalling on defense? Either way, this continuing trend of not having a pass rush is getting old.

Busa_Bill
10-22-2007, 10:04 PM
I sure hope they try something different this week. Start with a quick hurry upish tempo to get a groove going. Try not to let the Chargers get into their crazy blitz schemes.
In case you missed Kubes on 610 this afternoon: Fagan's deserves to play - there is no plan to bring up a RB from the PS - we will continue to try and establish the run - the guy's played a heck of a game - we threw the heck out of the ball in the 4th.

I heard nothing new from this show. Same mentality that we have been seeing for the past 4 weeks. I want this team to win like everybody else, but its getting old.

kiwitexansfan
10-22-2007, 11:19 PM
With the firestorms and all in California, won't this provide motivation emotional lift for the Chargers, that is the last thing we need if we are going to be competitive.

Shaft75
10-23-2007, 12:14 AM
you're George Zimmer, and i claim my $5.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v15/TheKingOfBums/140x140-GeorgeZimmer_0.jpg

If you don't know who this guy is, he's responsible for the speaking part of this. (http://ytmndclothing.ytmnd.com/)

Hey dude's made a lot of money off of that guarantee. Opened up several stores and cleaners... Maybe me should find him and demand a guarantee too.

Power Surge
10-23-2007, 05:17 PM
I guarantee it...

you lost your damn mind...

TEXANS84
10-23-2007, 05:44 PM
I tend to agree. I don't see us pulling out a victory against SD wherever it is.

Heck, if Joey Harrington and Kerry Collins can look like all-pro quarterbacks against us, Lendale white rushing for 100 yards, what do you think LaDanian and Rivers will do to us.

Texan_Bill
10-23-2007, 05:45 PM

We've known that about Shaft, but some of us appreciate him anyway!!!

real
10-23-2007, 05:48 PM
What?

We are going to kick some Charger ASS!

HOU-TEX
10-23-2007, 05:58 PM

No worries Bro, he's guaranteed a win in every loss we've had this year. LOL! :whip:

Power Surge
10-23-2007, 06:04 PM
I tend to agree. I don't see us pulling out a victory against SD wherever it is.

Heck, if Joey Harrington and Kerry Collins can look like all-pro quarterbacks against us, Lendale white rushing for 100 yards, what do you think LaDanian and Rivers will do to us.

Since Vince Young was injured.. Kerry Collins was @ QB? sucks...

SD vs Titans w/ Kerry Collins & V. Young @ QB.....>>>>
40-7 win

Power Surge
10-23-2007, 06:05 PM

your cheerleaders are hott.... lets trade :heart:

Shaft75
10-23-2007, 06:28 PM

Thanks Bill. I am a little crazy, but I still have faith in my team. Especially a team with Andre Johnson on the field.

I think we will show the Chargers what we can do to under-achievers...

michaelm
10-23-2007, 08:14 PM
I think we will show the Chargers what we can do to under-achievers...

What, get them on the Pro Bowl ballot???

Bipolar The Titan
10-24-2007, 06:40 AM
Considering that it looks as if the game is going to be played at possibly Sun Devil Stadium... or maybe the Cards new home... I am unsure at this point which location... however... the State of California is literally on fire. The Chargers aren't really having their very best start anyways... but we're talking about a football team that is not focused. The Texans are very fortunate to have this game on this week. It's an away game for both teams. San Diego is prime pickens to get knocked off.

Good luck.

WWJD
10-24-2007, 08:13 AM
I think the Chargers win this game.

dskillz
10-24-2007, 11:01 AM
A win will be a pleasant surprise. If we play the way we have played the last five weeks, we don't have a chance.

Pretty much. If we continue to play as bad as we have played, this could get really ugly. Chargers are on the upswing and we are heading downhill fast.

tulexan
10-24-2007, 11:42 AM
I think the Texans actually have a chance. Chargers players are going to have other things on their minds.

Shaft75
10-24-2007, 12:26 PM
What, get them on the Pro Bowl ballot???

I was talking about the Panthers game, man!

powerfuldragon
10-24-2007, 12:27 PM
we can't beat the chargers.

Shaft75
10-24-2007, 12:44 PM
we can't beat the chargers.

???????????????

powerfuldragon
10-24-2007, 12:57 PM
???????????????
we won't.

Bipolar The Titan
10-24-2007, 02:10 PM
wow. you guys are a negative bunch. :heart:

threetoedpete
10-24-2007, 02:43 PM

So may we now conclude from our present circumstaces Vinny...that it was not the QB and was not the RB ? I'm just waiting for someone to admit it. And even if you had Peterson on this squad it would prety much be the same story closer score ? Well the main difference for me so far is that DC absorbed 149 sacks and MS couldn't make ten. And thrity something RBs are what they are, an injury waiting to happen. Or is it just that we drafted the workout warrior in '06 and it' s all Mario's fault ? Da 'nile is not just a river in Egypt.

HWY95
10-24-2007, 06:16 PM
I guarantee it...

Alright, I am going to gaurantee this bottle of clorox is actually water!:pirate:

brakos82
10-24-2007, 06:20 PM
Alright, I am going to gaurantee this bottle of clorox is actually water!:pirate:

Don't worry... I switched them out for you. :shades:

HWY95
10-24-2007, 06:22 PM
Don't worry... I switched them out for you. :shades:

HAHA:respect:

SheTexan
10-24-2007, 06:30 PM
... but we're talking about a football team that is not focused. The Texans are very fortunate to have this game on this week. It's an away game for both teams. San Diego is prime pickens to get knocked off.

Good luck.

Spoken like a true tennhead fan!! Anyone who thinks the Chargers are "prime pickens to get knocked off," is certainly BIPOLAR!! They are PROS, not that the meatball fans from Tenn would know much about that, BUT, never the less, they will represent their city and State well, esp during this time of crisis. I think the stress of what's going on in Calif will only bring out the fight in the Chargers!! JMO!!

Texan_Bill
10-24-2007, 06:44 PM
I think the Texans win...

Not because the Chargers heads are all screwed up, not because the game may be played at a neutral site, none of that crap. I just think that the Texans are better prepared to play and I also have a feeling they won't come out flat...

Double Barrel
10-24-2007, 07:31 PM
I'm not sure what I think and don't really care to form any expectations.

Our D is ranked 20th against the run and we are facing one of the premier RBs in the league.

Our offense is one dimensional, and though I like Sage, I think he's not a starter for a reason. SD has a great D, so it's an uphill battle no matter how I slice and dice it.

I just hope we look competitive and don't get our asses handed to us like the game against the Jags. That kind of display just crushes the fanatic's spirit.

Marcus
10-24-2007, 11:05 PM
I'm not sure what I think and don't really care to form any expectations.

Our D is ranked 20th against the run and we are facing one of the premier RBs in the league.

Our offense is one dimensional, and though I like Sage, I think he's not a starter for a reason. SD has a great D, so it's an uphill battle no matter how I slice and dice it.

I just hope we look competitive and don't get our asses handed to us like the game against the Jags. That kind of display just crushes the fanatic's spirit.

I pretty much agree with you on that one. I don't expect to win this one. If we did, I'd chalk it to up to a "they were flat" fluke. But I wouldn't be surprised if they beat us handily even if they did come out flat. The Chargers are just a more talented football team.

And speaking of talent, for the :stirpot: department . . . on this message board, coaching is highly overrated.

Giant Tiger
10-25-2007, 02:19 AM

So do I. It's one of those games we're not supposed to win, but then we get a couple of bounces going our way & that ends up being the difference in the game.:wow:

threetoedpete
10-25-2007, 04:40 AM
I'm just hoping they can save most of the equipment.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z1TxiVhrkZA

may not be acurate but it's apt.

SheTitan
10-25-2007, 01:43 PM
I know most of you think King is a fool ....but he picks the Texans to win this one Texans 17, Chargers 13

http://www.fannation.com/peter_king_challenge/pickoff

It's interesting to note that 90% of the fans picked the Chargers :cool:

powerfuldragon
10-25-2007, 01:54 PM
I know most of you think King is a fool ....but he picks the Texans to win this one Texans 17, Chargers 13

http://www.fannation.com/peter_king_challenge/pickoff

It's interesting to note that 90% of the fans picked the Chargers :cool:

peter king is a complete genius and I've never doubted his abilities ever.

hitman37
10-25-2007, 05:44 PM
Hey Guys, first post here. I have to say, this is probably the most realistic fan base I have ever seen. You're gonna have your homers and optimists, but when you're at the bottom year after year things get put into perspective quickly and easily. Trust me, I know. I've been a bolt fan since 1980 and we were the doormat to the NFL for most of my fandom years.

Do I think the Chargers will win? Sure. But I also thought we'd win against KC and GB easily and we know how that went. Here's to a good game with no injuries.

dalonestartitan
10-25-2007, 08:54 PM
I guarantee it...

And I'm co-signing:texflag:

The Pencil Neck
10-26-2007, 11:52 AM
Do I think the Chargers will win? Sure. But I also thought we'd win against KC and GB easily and we know how that went. Here's to a good game with no injuries.

Good luck!

But not enough to beat us.

:texflag:

spurstexanstros
10-26-2007, 12:37 PM
I think the only way the Texans can beat the Chargers is if they can consistantly stop them on third down. This has been their problem all year. They can not make stops on third down and it has cost them in all of their losses but it really hurt them in the close losses against the Colts, Falcons, Titans. In the Jaguar game the Defense got tired because they could not get off the field on third down. The bottom line is Third down has been the reason for our teams losses and they will continue to loose if they can't make plays on third down. It is not the coaching, the players need to make plays. Ask D-Rob if he could have made a better play on third down last week.

I hate to sound like a broken record but...............

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD PLEASE MAKE A STOP ON THIRD DOWN.

Chance_C
10-26-2007, 03:57 PM
I hate to sound like a broken record but...............

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD PLEASE MAKE A STOP ON THIRD DOWN.

I don't know about you, but I sure hope we can make some key stops on third down Sunday...:d:

Texan_Bill
10-26-2007, 03:59 PM
I don't know about you, but I sure hope we can make some key stops on third down Sunday...:d:

Just as long as we can force a punt, by stopping them on 3rd down... :splits:

hitman37
10-29-2007, 11:37 AM
Just came back to say, keep your heads up, we were in your position not too long ago. And yes, almost everyone in San Diego is ashamed of Drayton Florence's hit, and can't wait till he's off the team next year. Uncalled for....

powerfuldragon
10-29-2007, 11:53 AM
i don't want to say i told you so, but....

Vinny
10-29-2007, 11:55 AM
i don't want to say i told you so, but....
It's not like you were in the minority...I think only the real hard core homers picked us.

powerfuldragon
10-29-2007, 11:59 AM
It's not like you were in the minority...I think only the real hard core homers picked us.

true.

HOU-TEX
10-29-2007, 12:24 PM

I knew we wouldn't come out with a W from this game, but by George I thought we'd have a better performance than that. :gun:

I basically quit watching when Schaub went down. I went outside, grabbed my chainsaw and went at my Oleanders like an amateur Leatherface. I didn't want a typical crappy Texans game to ruin a beautiful day outside.:cool:

mridge01
10-29-2007, 12:52 PM
You guys almost had that predicted right. 35-10, that was close. :user: