PDA

View Full Version : We did not play prevent on that last drive

ensign_lee
10-22-2007, 01:45 AM
I don't know why everyone keeps saying we did. If we did, that one receiver wouldn't have been anywhere near single coverage with Dunta.

SO STOP SAYING THAT WE PLAYED 'PREVENT'. 'CAUSE WE DIDN'T.

Heck, playing prevent on 3rd and 10 might actually have been a good idea. Who knows...but we didn't play it and therefore that can't be the reason we lost on that last drive.

I'm as disappointed (if not moreso) as everyone else. It sucks. But let's not make things up.

TexansLucky13
10-22-2007, 01:52 AM
That was just a great play on Collins part. There was a small chance of success against Dunta on that one. They just executed perfectly.

I am not disappointed in this team. How can you be disappointed in a team that makes what is the greatest comeback attempt in Texans history? These guys wanted to win. They gave their 110% in the 4th. Given, I am not proud of their performance in the first three quarters, but they didn't give up.

Spike
10-22-2007, 10:37 AM
That was just a great play on Collins part. There was a small chance of success against Dunta on that one. They just executed perfectly.

I am not disappointed in this team. How can you be disappointed in a team that makes what is the greatest comeback attempt in Texans history? These guys wanted to win. They gave their 110% in the 4th. Given, I am not proud of their performance in the first three quarters, but they didn't give up.

Is it inconsistent to say that I am proud of the 4th quarter effort, but still extremely disappointed in this team? The first three quarters of this game (with the exception of the sack returned for a TD), were the worst I have seen any Texans team play ever...which we al know is saying A LOT. Just because this team continued to play hard in the fourth quarter (WHICH IS WHAT THEY GET PAID TO DO FOR FOUR QUARTERS) doesn't make this loss any easier to swallow. The Texans took advantage, but make no mistake - the come back was more because of mistake by the Titans to take their foot off of the accelerator than because our coaching staff "figured it out."