PDA

View Full Version : bright spots?

Silver Oak
10-21-2007, 07:04 PM
how about DeMeco Ryans running that fumble in for a touchdown. SWEET!!!

Bennett played well in the time I watched him today.

Vinny
10-21-2007, 07:05 PM
The fans got out alive and the stadium didn't burn to the ground. That's the first one that comes to mind. We all made it out safe....cept for the bar-fight/sucker punch in the platinum lot....probably alive, but incarcerated I assume.

Maddict5
10-21-2007, 07:13 PM
TJ was good

Silver Oak
10-21-2007, 07:16 PM
I also don't think they rushed the ball on us as well as I thought they would. 161 yards, but frankly, I was thinking it could have been worse.

Sucker punch in Platinum Lot you say? Hopefully a titans teeth are scattered somewhere in that Lot.

drewmar74
10-21-2007, 07:16 PM
How about Kevin Walter? That's two good games back to back.

nunusguy
10-21-2007, 07:19 PM
TJ was good

He was great ! What an effort by the big guy.

kiwitexansfan
10-21-2007, 07:21 PM
All those fantasy owners starting Sage Rosenfels got some production...

Runner
10-21-2007, 07:24 PM
Sucker punch in Platinum Lot you say? Hopefully a titans teeth are scattered somewhere in that Lot.

So I guess you won't be complaining about the cheap shot on Schaub?

Vinny
10-21-2007, 07:27 PM
So I guess you won't be complaining about the cheap shot on Schaub?The Haynesworth hit? I thought that was a bad call on the Refs part...you can't stop that much human in one step. I don't know what they expect the linemen to do.

False Start
10-21-2007, 07:27 PM
When the sun was shining at the right angle there was a bright spot on the field ................ thats all I can come up with .

Actually , Kevin Walter's performance today was the only thing that really stuck out to me .

houstonhurricane
10-21-2007, 07:28 PM
Bennett played with passion and was extremely physical - I think he is a future star.

Runner
10-21-2007, 07:31 PM
The Haynesworth hit? I thought that was a bad call on the Refs part...you can't stop that much human in one step. I don't know what they expect the linemen to do.

I didn't think it was head to head, which I think is what they called on the field. Maybe he drove him into the ground. I gave the benefit of the doubt to cheap shot since it was Haynesworth. :)

I do think it is ironic that is exactly what many people hoped Mario would do Young the past three Titans games.

PapaL
10-21-2007, 07:32 PM
Bennett played with passion and was extremely physical - I think he is a future star.

I'll settle for solid #2CB. Right with ya though.

beerlover
10-21-2007, 07:44 PM
the Texans never quit even after being down 32 to 7 :cool:

Fox
10-21-2007, 07:45 PM
I didn't think it was head to head, which I think is what they called on the field. Maybe he drove him into the ground. I gave the benefit of the doubt to cheap shot since it was Haynesworth. :)

I do think it is ironic that is exactly what many people hoped Mario would do Young the past three Titans games.

The hit looked clean to me, but from the replay on the TV it did look like the side of Haynesworth's helmet hit Schaub's helmet (not head on) although it was more incidental than anything. That was a pretty devastating sack for Schaub, getting smacked full force by a 300+ pound man and have him drive you down into the turf with all his weight on top of you. The refs kinda gave us a break with the roughing call.

Texans Horror
10-21-2007, 07:46 PM
I think the fourth quarter was pretty good. More touchdowns than the Texans have made in a while.

kiwitexansfan
10-21-2007, 07:55 PM

I couldn't care less how physical my corners are, Deion Sanders was a ***** cat and shut down entire passing games by himself.

I want cover skills, has Bennett shown us many of those??

Honoring Earl 34
10-21-2007, 08:02 PM
I couldn't care less how physical my corners are, Deion Sanders was a ***** cat and shut down entire passing games by himself.

Bennett had the hit of the game on special teams .

houstonhurricane
10-21-2007, 08:07 PM

Uh, yes he did. And if you don't think Robinson's physical play isn't a huge benefit to the team, you are missing something. Having Bennett also bring physical play to the other side of the field is a major plus...

Buffi2
10-21-2007, 08:08 PM
Zac Diles did a good job recovering the on side kick.

NitroGSXR
10-21-2007, 08:08 PM

He just rejoined our team a couple of weeks ago so se hasn't been given very many opportunities to show us that he has made many of them but I will say that he has proved that he can cover everytime he gets the opportunity and those opportunities have jumped in number over the last two games.

The Titans were throwing to Dunta's side of the field. When a team spreads it out, I'd think that it means that the defenders are more balanced and he can't pick on a player such as Faggins (I'm not really on the 'down with Faggins' train. I don't think he's as bad as some of you guys think). I believe I saw Bennett on the other side quite often when they threw to Dunta's side.

I really think Bennett is the real deal. I think he's just what we need. Now we need to start the search for Bennett's back up. Plug the holes and fill the depth.

New_Texans
10-21-2007, 08:10 PM
well i think my dad has decided to not watch texans games since whenever he watches they start screwing up.

Winston had a nice game...

also this game has probably prompted some changes to come!!! yay!!!!

kiwitexansfan
10-21-2007, 08:26 PM
Uh, yes he did. And if you don't think Robinson's physical play isn't a huge benefit to the team, you are missing something. Having Bennett also bring physical play to the other side of the field is a major plus...

Robinson physical play is a huge bonus on a team that lacks physicality but thats all it is in my mind a bonus. I know as a cover 2 corner you need to do the run support thing, but surely with a pass defense as terrible as ours has been for many years, covers skills should be prized over physicality?

You have a front 7 plus safeties (in theory) to lay the wood, I just want someone to shut down a receiver.

In saying that I am glad everyone is so high on Bennets cover skills hopefully we have the corner spots locked down long term once he gets some experience.

One question though, a lot of fans talks up Dunta's cover skills too, but what happened to those today when it counted?

Leahmic223
10-21-2007, 08:37 PM
Travis Johnson.

Did any one see this guy play today? Now only if we can get those other two linemen to play like he did for the remainder of the season.

This is the problem with the Dline...one guy shows up each week. They say consistency comes with experience so hopefully we will start seeing the true potential of the Dline.

DeMeco Ryans as usual. Matt Schaub up and walking since Salaam is trying to get him killed. Might be safe to sit Matt out for the year and save his career.

The Comeback was a bright spot.

Mr teX
10-21-2007, 08:39 PM
Bennett looks like he's ready to go. We should just go ahead & start him, Put fletcher as our nickel & put Faggins out to pasture.

Wolf
10-21-2007, 08:46 PM
I am liking Andre Davis, I really didn't think the guy would even play this season and he has made some nice plays (and not so nice plays) for us

Defensively I think they ran out of juice, Last time I saw that much pressure on a defense to keep the offense out of the endzone time and time again .. was very 2002ish .. Defense did very well to just keep the Titans out of the endzone, Titan fans need to be be bittersweet about their kicker and their team.. Sweet is he set the NFL record, but bitter about the offense as a whole ...you don't win in this league very often by just getting field goals.

kiwitexansfan
10-21-2007, 08:49 PM
Bennett looks like he's ready to go. We should just go ahead & start him, Put fletcher as our nickel & put Faggins out to pasture.

Fletcher is out to pasture, not suiting up the last couple of weeks.

We can draft pretty good but our FA record is not that flash.

hookinreds
10-21-2007, 09:08 PM
I thought the D did a hellova job concidering having to be out there 3 minutes after every Titan field goal.

Texans Horror
10-21-2007, 10:04 PM
I am liking Andre Davis, I really didn't think the guy would even play this season and he has made some nice plays (and not so nice plays) for us

Defensively I think they ran out of juice, Last time I saw that much pressure on a defense to keep the offense out of the endzone time and time again .. was very 2002ish .. Defense did very well to just keep the Titans out of the endzone, Titan fans need to be be bittersweet about their kicker and their team.. Sweet is he set the NFL record, but bitter about the offense as a whole ...you don't win in this league very often by just getting field goals.

Good points. One of the bright spots for not just this game, but the last few, is Davis. He is really looking like an answer that Eric Moulds could not be.

On the one hand, I don't think so much pressure should be put on the defense. On the other hand, most of the high-end draft picks are locked up in the defense. They should be the Texans highlight reel by virtue of that alone.

michaelm
10-21-2007, 10:56 PM
Well, I got to come down from the 600s and watch most of the third quarter, and all of the fourth quarter, four rows from the field in the Bull Pen. Then I got to see myself on the ESPiN highlights of the game winning field goal...
Whoever said that the camera adds ten pounds was exponentially wrong in my case...

Napa Auto Parts
10-21-2007, 11:30 PM
Sage was a good bright spot.