PDA

View Full Version : Time to dust off the brown bags

J-Russ
10-21-2007, 01:54 PM
Are we ever going to have a winning season?

TexanRevolution
10-21-2007, 02:01 PM
Are we ever going to have a winning season?

No, God hates us.

Thorn
10-21-2007, 02:10 PM
Damn. I knew there was a reason....

Carr Bombed
10-21-2007, 02:12 PM
I'm so glad I'm a huge Rockets fan, they are the only thing that's going to salvage my sanity

Porky
10-21-2007, 02:22 PM
Brown bags? Heck, we aren't good enough for brown bags. We can only aspire to such heights. I think we are more suited for brown gunney sacks. :devilpig:

J-Russ
10-21-2007, 03:27 PM
nm...

nunusguy
10-21-2007, 03:46 PM
BAN ME! For I am a dumbass, This team is nothing but heart!
You got that right man !
For all you guys that want to whine and cry like little girls, get lost, go find another team to root for.
This team never quit. Never ! We're all sick with this kinda of loss, but the difference is huge between a team that doesns't try, rolls over and quits, and one that fights all the way to end. And these guys never quit today !

TexanRevolution
10-21-2007, 05:25 PM
This team took advantage of a prevent defense. Nothing more, nothing less. If they had as much 'heart' as you suggest, they would have not played the first 3 quarters like they were sleepwalking.

Is it a learning/growth opportunity? Yes, but, we have a long, long way to go.

wicked_wayz
10-21-2007, 05:30 PM
brown bags??????????????..............NEVER!!!!!!!!!!!!! !:wild:

sakebomb
10-21-2007, 07:00 PM
I'll take plastic please.

Texans Horror
10-21-2007, 07:38 PM
The team lost on a last minute field goal, people. Get over yourselves. That's pretty damn good, especially when you take into consideration how young they are. As I said before the season started, this will be a frustrating year. They will lose a lot of close games. Don't worry about it. The team was actually in the game. I can remember a time when that never happened unless the Texans were playing some catfish bottom-feeder team. \\:texflag:

retxaB
10-21-2007, 07:42 PM
The team lost on a last minute field goal, people. Get over yourselves. That's pretty damn good, especially when you take into consideration how young they are. As I said before the season started, this will be a frustrating year. They will lose a lot of close games. Don't worry about it. The team was actually in the game. I can remember a time when that never happened unless the Texans were playing some catfish bottom-feeder team. \\:texflag:

Seriosly?! More exceptions? Okay let's lower the bar even more...:wild:

Texans Horror
10-21-2007, 07:45 PM
I seem to have had the bar lowered further than most, but I'm optimistic for the upcoming season.

But let's not all freak out with the brown bags. There was some effort by the Texans. I think if but for one last field goal, many people would be cheering in the streets and declaring the Texans SuperBowl-bound.

Leahmic223
10-21-2007, 08:17 PM

This is the way I see it man.

We lost, we suck, the end.

I know we are not as bad as we were in the past...but we are still bad.

MEGA SWATT
10-21-2007, 11:28 PM
I'm so glad I'm a huge Rockets fan, they are the only thing that's going to salvage my sanity

I agree, but they MUST stay healthy. Remember what happened right before christmas last season(eve of xmas eve).
http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl//4424017.html

stay healthy and the rockets could help me forget about the 'stros and now it seems the Texan's underachieving.

michaelm
10-21-2007, 11:29 PM
If the brown bags come out at Reliant, you'll see me on the news... I'll be the dude punching every brown bag in the face.

TexansLucky13
10-22-2007, 12:04 AM
Since you don't seem to be enjoying your trips to Reliant, I will gladly take them for you.

PM me and I will give you my address so that you can send your tickets to someone who will never stoop so low as to brown bag.

:texflag:

Texanmike02
10-22-2007, 12:51 AM
For years the Saints were the laughing stock of the league. In fact the only thing funnier than the Saints was their fans. Nobody respected the team... and noone respected the fans. I don't want to be known like that.

How stupid is it to buy a ticket to wear a bag over your head? That's the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard. I've never had the pleasure of being to a game but if I ever get one.. I don't care if we're 0-15 and almost guaranteed to lose the game, I'm not putting a bag over my head. You know what you do if you're ashamed? Stop buying merchandise. Don't go to the games. Don't watch the games. Ratings fall, add revenue falls, merchandising falls. Send a message in a way that makes sense.

But whatever you do.. don't ruin the city of Houston's fan's good name (by the way most people outside of Houston have a high opinion of our fans) by going and putting a bag over your head.

If you feel the need to do that though, please go to Kroger's and exchange your paper for plastic and don't cut holes.

Mike

ubecool454
10-24-2007, 12:03 PM
You got that right man !
For all you guys that want to whine and cry like little girls, get lost, go find another team to root for.
This team never quit. Never ! We're all sick with this kinda of loss, but the difference is huge between a team that doesns't try, rolls over and quits, and one that fights all the way to end. And these guys never quit today !

Totally agree, I am a football fan first and a big texans fan. I don't like to lose any game but I can appreciate the fact that those guys fought back. I think overall we have fans that just plain suck. When we came in this league I kind of thought that if we made any mistakes early on it could take awhile to be considered winners. Remember that we didn't get the same deal Carolina and Jax got coming in. I am not making excuses but the way I see it is the first 4 years don't even count. The way I see it, we are in year 2.

Double Barrel
10-24-2007, 12:06 PM
brown bags??????????????..............NEVER!!!!!!!!!!!!! !:wild:

I agree completely!! NEVER!!!!! :texflag:

If the brown bags come out at Reliant, you'll see me on the news... I'll be the dude punching every brown bag in the face.

heh, can I watch? :popcorn:

trust me, y'all do not want to be on the receiving end of michaelm's punches. :boxing:

IlliniJen
10-24-2007, 12:32 PM
What exactly are brown bags supposed to signify? That you're ashamed to be a fan of the team?

If you're ashamed to be a fan of a team just because its losing, then you never were a fan to begin with. You don't see Cubs fans wearing bags on their heads, and I never thought any self-respecting Texan would ever think of wearing a bag on their head. Leave such ridiculous behavior for lesser fans.

:texflag: :texflag: :texflag: :texflag: :texflag:

Texanfan4ever
10-24-2007, 12:32 PM
To anyone that would wear a brown bag - Save your money, sell/give your tickets to someone who could appreciate them. Find yourself another team that wins all the time so you are never depressed.(sarcasm) Oh yea, and maybe seek some therapy.

Why in the world at this stage of the game would you give up on this team. You are obviously a glass half empty kind of guy. Very sad. :gun: Makes me sick.

DBCooper
10-24-2007, 12:47 PM
For years the Saints were the laughing stock of the league. In fact the only thing funnier than the Saints was their fans. Nobody respected the team... and noone respected the fans. I don't want to be known like that.

How stupid is it to buy a ticket to wear a bag over your head? That's the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard. I've never had the pleasure of being to a game but if I ever get one.. I don't care if we're 0-15 and almost guaranteed to lose the game, I'm not putting a bag over my head. You know what you do if you're ashamed? Stop buying merchandise. Don't go to the games. Don't watch the games. Ratings fall, add revenue falls, merchandising falls. Send a message in a way that makes sense.

But whatever you do.. don't ruin the city of Houston's fan's good name (by the way most people outside of Houston have a high opinion of our fans) by going and putting a bag over your head.

If you feel the need to do that though, please go to Kroger's and exchange your paper for plastic and don't cut holes.
Mike

That's funny, Mike.

Totally agree.

threetoedpete
10-24-2007, 01:02 PM
Well we knew that it might get dicey this summer. Whip ourelves up to the point of histeria, then the team come crashing down around our ears... So they aren't as good as we thought they were. They still have holes at OLT, center, Rb, CB2 FS and OLB. They've fixed the wide reciever and QB spots. FB is no longer a problem. They get J.J. back on track, when A.J. gets back he no longer has to carry the team by himself on his shoulders. We are still holding our breath on the d-line. But they made the transition from 3-4 to 4-3 in two yaer. That's a prety good job considering the difference in skill sets between the two defenses. They were a train wreck the first four years. Couldn't find o-lineman. And when we did hit a decent prospect he gets hurt by a patch work RB. Oilers were worse. They've at least been in most games. Had their chance to beat everyone they faced. After febuary we've got cap room and six draft picks. The more they lose the better the help they will recieve in the draft. So wear the bag if you must. But we're getting close. We don't have to slot fifty three players anymore. Just a couple of spots. You could argue that it's taking too long. The guys responsible for that are the other thirty one owners. For the record, our expnsion compenation package sucked.

DBCooper
10-24-2007, 01:06 PM
Well we knew that it might get dicey this summer. Whip ourelves up to the point of histeria, then the team come crashing down around our ears... So they aren't as good as we thought they were. They still have holes at OLT, center, Rb, CB2 FS and OLB. They've fixed the wide reciever and QB spots. Fb is no longer a problem. They get J.J. back on ttrack, when A.J. gets back he no longer has to carry the team by himself on his shoulders. We are still holding our breath on the d-line. They were a train wreck from the first four years. Couldn't find o-lineman. And when we did hit a decent prospect he gets hurt by a patch work RB. Oilers were worse. They've at least been in most games. Had their chance to beat everyone they faced. After febuary we've got cap room and six draft picks. The more they lose the better the help they will recieve in the draft. So wear the bag if you must. But we're getting close. We don't have to slot fifty three players anymore. Just a couple of spots.

??????

7 year playoff streak? (1987 - 1993)

I wish the Texans were that bad.

threetoedpete
10-24-2007, 01:08 PM
??????

7 year playoff streak? (1987 - 1993)

I wish the Texans were that bad.

It was a long ways from 1967 to 1983.

Hervoyel
10-24-2007, 01:12 PM
It's way too soon for this kind of stuff guys. If the Texans catch a Chargers team without their focus and with too much "real life" on their minds and beat them then we'll enter the halfway point of the season at .500 and everyone will be looking forward to beating Oakland. Throw two wins together and the past 6 weeks will feel like a nightmare that's thankfully ended.

Are we going to the playoffs this year? Doesn't look like it to me. Could we have a .500 season or end up a game over .500? Sure, that's entirely possible.

DBCooper
10-24-2007, 01:13 PM
It was a long ways from 1967 to 1983.

AFC Championship games in 1967, 1978 and 1979?

Thats some bad years, let me tell you.......

threetoedpete
10-24-2007, 01:32 PM
It's way too soon for this kind of stuff guys. If the Texans catch a Chargers team without their focus and with too much "real life" on their minds and beat them then we'll enter the halfway point of the season at .500 and everyone will be looking forward to beating Oakland. Throw two wins together and the past 6 weeks will feel like a nightmare that's thankfully ended.

Are we going to the playoffs this year? Doesn't look like it to me. Could we have a .500 season or end up a game over .500? Sure, that's entirely possible.

Nope you hooked me in June got me to post they could make a five hundred season. Not going to do it again. SD is going to massacre them and they may not win a game again untill December if then. Next big thingy will be when Salaam goes down. You think Tennese destroyed this o-line, Oakland's d-line has got to be licking the drool off of their lips. It' going to be like feeding time at bad Newz Kennels. We'll be lucky to have a QB standing after the WC road swing.

Txn_in_Oki
10-24-2007, 02:14 PM

I have some zip-ties you can use to get a nice, tight seal.

:splits:

Texans_Chick
10-24-2007, 02:35 PM

People. Please take this as a serious threat. michaelm is non small so you don't want to be wandering around in a brown bag.

Personally, I am rather handy at accidentally throwing a football such that it bonks a paper bag wearing moron in the head.

Remember, paper bags limit your vision, so you never know what will happen. This has been a public service announcement.

Double Barrel
10-24-2007, 02:38 PM
We were close to covering our hardhats with brown paper during the 2-13 season as a joke. Never got around to it, though, so I guess if not then, when?

We need to keep in mind that we are a better team than 2-14 season, so it's not getting worse. It just takes time to develop a winning team and overcome the obstacles left by the previous regime. Patience is the key and make sure you KEEP HAVING FUN!

Texans_Chick
10-24-2007, 02:42 PM
This team took advantage of a prevent defense. Nothing more, nothing less. If they had as much 'heart' as you suggest, they would have not played the first 3 quarters like they were sleepwalking.

Is it a learning/growth opportunity? Yes, but, we have a long, long way to go.

Just to put things in perspective, Sage Rosenfels tied an NFL record by throwing 4 TDs in the 4th quarter. The number of throwing yards he put up is the second most ever thrown by a team in the 4th quarter. Yeah, people can do stuff on prevent defenses, but what the Texans did, despite the mistakes (2 onside kicks, the David Anderson muff, etc), was outrageous.

There is such a thing in this world as momentum. The Titans grabbed it all early on with the Jacoby thing, and the crap ref calls, and no Texans running game, and everything going bad until....the 4th quarter. The Texans were one play away from stealing a win in spectacular fashion. It was amazing seeing this in person even if it turned out the wrong way.

It's funny how we don't want our team to be quitters and accepting losing, but some think that paper bags doesn't equal being a quitter and a loser.

HOU-TEX
10-24-2007, 02:45 PM
Just to put things in perspective, Sage Rosenfels tied an NFL record by throwing 4 TDs in the 4th quarter. The number of throwing yards he put up is the second most ever thrown by a team in the 4th quarter. Yeah, people can do stuff on prevent defenses, but what the Texans did, despite the mistakes (2 onside kicks, the David Anderson muff, etc), was outrageous.

There is such a thing in this world as momentum. The Titans grabbed it all early on with the Jacoby thing, and the crap ref calls, and no Texans running game, and everything going bad until....the 4th quarter. The Texans were one play away from stealing a win in spectacular fashion. It was amazing seeing this in person even if it turned out the wrong way.

It's funny how we don't want our team to be quitters and accepting losing, but some think that paper bags doesn't equal being a quitter and a loser.

I don't think it could be stated any better than that. :texflag:

GlassHalfFull
10-24-2007, 02:46 PM

I'm pretty sure I met MichaelM this weekend at the tailgate, and TC is right. He is NOT small. So take her advice.

Mike

Perfect.

I didn't even read this thread until today because of the title. Fans need to support their teams through the good times and the bad. The good times will come.

TxDavid
10-24-2007, 02:52 PM
Morons. All of you brown-bag supporters. Why would you want to copy another team's fan's idiocy? Here's an thought - why don't you make a sign instead or a t-shirt. I can at least respect the originality.

Me, I'll never have a bag over my head. I might cry, scream, yell, or even tear out what's left of my hair. But hell will freeze over before I'll ever be ashamed to call myself a Texan Fan.

Texan_Bill
10-24-2007, 04:07 PM
I sometimes put two bags over my head, but that discussion has NOTHING to do with my Texans.. :hides:

And I have met Michaelm (out at the party David threw at the park in Katy)... He is NOT a small dude.

SheTexan
10-24-2007, 04:59 PM

I have a whole slew of them to GIVE out to some members of this board!! Twist ties and all!! I'll even go to their house and help make sure they have them on tight and snug!!!:)

Grams
10-24-2007, 06:41 PM
Anyone who wants to put a brown bag over their head just needs to get off the bandwagon and go away.

Don't let the door hit you on your way out.

Thorn
10-24-2007, 06:43 PM
I think itís OK to be pissed off, but not embarrassed. There are worse teams in the NFL right now. Really.

Specnatz
10-24-2007, 07:21 PM
I sometimes put two bags over my head, but that discussion has NOTHING to do with my Texans.. :hides:

And I have met Michaelm (out at the party David threw at the park in Katy)... He is NOT a small dude.

Bill when did you steal my mason jar.

Bipolar The Titan
10-25-2007, 08:12 AM
http://blogs.timesunion.com/tablehopping/wp-content/uploads/2007/06/bag-over-head.jpg

everybody chin up, cheer up, and put on a shiny face! :specnatz:

michaelm
10-25-2007, 04:50 PM
http://blogs.timesunion.com/tablehopping/wp-content/uploads/2007/06/bag-over-head.jpg

everybody chin up, cheer up, and put on a shiny face! :specnatz:

good one... I guess...

I suppose you do have scoreboard, so have fun taking shots at us...
Off topic, did you catch that segment on the NFL Network that suggested that the Titans would be better off if they ran a QB by committee??? That's not a joke, either... but it was priceless.

bigfan77801
10-25-2007, 07:14 PM
I think it’s OK to be pissed off, but not embarrassed. There are worse teams in the NFL right now. Really.

Think about it, we could be St Louis or Miami fans
Which one is going to have the 1st pick next year?

m5kwatts
09-13-2009, 01:29 PM
Give em the second half before we flip. They had all offseason to prepare for this one and they couldnt look more unprepared. We looked bad vs. the Bears week 16 last year to start and finished well, I'll give them the benefit of the doubt.

powerfuldragon
09-13-2009, 01:33 PM
Rofl.

PapaL
09-13-2009, 01:35 PM
Some of you should skip the brown bags and go straight to plastic.

PockyAF
11-01-2010, 11:52 PM
Oh my, look at what I've found!!

This thread might be more appropriate at the end of November. I'll jut get it warmed up til then.

Prove me wrong you lousy turds.