PDA

View Full Version : Afc South

Andrew6
10-20-2007, 12:47 AM
Indianapolis 5 0 0 1.000
Jacksonville 4 1 0 .800
Tennessee 3 2 0 .600
Houston 3 3 0 .500

A win this weekend will put us at 4 and 3 would that put us over the Titans and the Titans drop to the bottom of the divison?

WesmanTexanfan
10-20-2007, 01:00 AM
Indianapolis 5 0 0 1.000
Jacksonville 4 1 0 .800
Tennessee 3 2 0 .600
Houston 3 3 0 .500

A win this weekend will put us at 4 and 3 would that put us over the Titans and the Titans drop to the bottom of the divison?

would be sweet, but i have a question.... do we want jacksonville to win and bring the colts down for everyone to take a run at the top, or do we want to assume the colts get 1st and we want them to win and make it easier for us to catch jacksonville....??????

Andrew6
10-20-2007, 01:02 AM
If Texans D doesn't step up doesn't look like they'll stop Jacksonville.

WesmanTexanfan
10-20-2007, 01:07 AM
If Texans D doesn't step up doesn't look like they'll stop Jacksonville.

what??

Andrew6
10-20-2007, 01:08 AM
If the Defense doesn't step up we won't have a chance at stopping Jacksonville this year. To go a whole game and not have them punt is pretty bad.

Carr Bombed
10-20-2007, 02:42 AM
The defense has been the biggest disappointment this season.......they have been relatively healthy and were supposed to be a strength and signature of this team.........so far they have been nothing, but crap. Don't know whether it's coaching, don't know whether it's personnel (I'll say a little of both), and frankly don't care, it just needs to change.

rockabilly
10-20-2007, 09:30 AM
The defense is not that bad. Our bad defensive play is a direct result of the Texans not having a running game. The longer the defense stays out there, the more worn down and frustrated they become.

nunusguy
10-20-2007, 10:10 AM
The defense is not that bad. Our bad defensive play is a direct result of the Texans not having a running game. The longer the defense stays out there, the more worn down and frustrated they become.

My thoughts exactly.
The D didn't play that bad against the Jags - for 3 quarters. And they even came up with a couple turnovers, but the offense failed to convert for more than a couple FGs. By the last Q our D was spent, both in physical resilience
& morale.

nero THE zero
10-20-2007, 10:42 AM

I understand this line of thinking and agree to a certain extent, but our running game wasn't the problem when our defense couldn't make a stop on third down last week. Our running game wasn't at fault when Jones-Drew ran for over 200 yards last week.

I know our running game is crucial to giving our defense time to rest on the sideline, but at some point our defense is going to have to step it up on third down.

Vinny
10-20-2007, 10:49 AM
The defense is not that bad. Our bad defensive play is a direct result of the Texans not having a running game. The longer the defense stays out there, the more worn down and frustrated they become.The Texans had the ball for 30:40. The Jags had the ball for 29:20, so it wasn't time of possession. The Jags converted 50% of their 3rd downs, and averaged 7.6 yards per play and 9.4 yards per rushing attempt, but we had the ball longer than they did and had more offensive plays than they did. We ran 69 offensive plays and they ran 61.

rickyb
10-20-2007, 11:28 AM

Yup. I really think the onside kick against the Jags is what broke our defense. That's an awful long time to be on the field.

Yankee_In_TX
10-20-2007, 11:32 AM
AFC South is 11-2 outside the division. Still haven't decided who I am rooting for Monday night. Can both lose?

The Pencil Neck
10-20-2007, 01:07 PM
Yup. I really think the onside kick against the Jags is what broke our defense. That's an awful long time to be on the field.

But even after that, we were only down 10-6. We weren't finished at that point at all. We were doing OK until the 4th quarter. I mean, it was just 16-9 going into the 4th quarter.

Tourist
10-21-2007, 04:50 AM
Texans' D opened strong against the Chiefs, but has allowed almost 27 points per game since, and has allowed a 100-yard rusher in each of their past two games.

Interestingly enough, the Titans' offense has fared no better. After racking up nearly 300 yards rushing in the season opener, their running game has gotten progressively worse, and has averaged less than 3 yards per carry in recent weeks. It's also worth noting that the Titans' offense has scored more than 20 points only once this season, and has scored only one TD in three of their five games.

Remember the old clichè, "What happens when an unstoppable force runs into an unmovable object?"

This is like that, but completely opposite.....an impotent force running into an object of zero resistance. This could end up being The Battle of Who Stinks Less.