PDA

View Full Version : Pats win suit vs StubHub

SheTexan
10-19-2007, 10:53 AM
Maybe this is what the Texans need to do!

Patriots win suit vs. StubHub
Friday, October 19, 2007

BOSTON (AP) The New England Patriots have won a bid to get the names of all the fans who bought or sold -- or tried to buy or sell -- tickets to home games through online ticket reseller StubHub Inc., a move one technology group sees as an invasion of privacy.

In a lawsuit against San Francisco-based StubHub, a subsidiary of eBay Inc., claiming that the Web site encourages fans to break state law and violate team policies, the Patriots said they could seek to revoke season tickets of people who use StubHub.

A lawyer for the Patriots wouldn't say what the team plans to do with the 13,000 names, which StubHub gave it last week after losing its appeal of a Massachusetts state court ruling.

Team rules bar reselling game tickets for a profit. State law, though rarely enforced, restricts ticket markups to $2 above face value plus some service charges.

Patriots tickets have been offered on StubHub at prices many times higher, including two 50-yard line seats for New England's Dec. 16 game against the AFC East rival New York Jets listed Thursday for $1,300.05 each. Their face value is $125.

http://www.theredzone.org/absolutenm/templates/template.asp?articleid=244&zone=1

StarStruck
10-19-2007, 11:21 AM
They need to build a reputation for winning first, otherwise the stadium could end up looking like Christmas Eve of the last year that the Oilers were in town.

Vinny
10-19-2007, 12:03 PM

http://www.theredzone.org/absolutenm/templates/template.asp?articleid=244&zone=1

The Patriots, one of the most successful teams in the NFL sues stub hub...the Texans link to them from their home page. :gun:

In a lawsuit against San Francisco-based StubHub, a subsidiary of eBay Inc., claiming that the Web site encourages fans to break state law and violate team policies, the Patriots said they could seek to revoke season tickets of people who use StubHub.

A lawyer for the Patriots wouldn't say what the team plans to do with the 13,000 names, which StubHub gave it last week after losing its appeal of a Massachusetts state court ruling.

Team rules bar reselling game tickets for a profit. State law, though rarely enforced, restricts ticket markups to $2 above face value plus some service charges.

stingray
10-19-2007, 12:09 PM

Why should the Texans do the same? I lose alot of my money on pre-season games. I make up the difference on some of the regular season games that I don't attend. This is the United States not Russia. If I buy a house for $100,000 and somebody buys it for $150,000 a year later, every one will congratulate me. I don't see a problem, it's just supply and demand.

Specnatz
10-19-2007, 01:34 PM
Why should the Texans do the same? I lose alot of my money on pre-season games. I make up the difference on some of the regular season games that I don't attend. This is the United States not Russia. If I buy a house for $100,000 and somebody buys it for $150,000 a year later, every one will congratulate me. I don't see a problem, it's just supply and demand.

You are talking apples and moon rocks, as far as differance goes. I honestly do not think it is about you selling some of your seats to a few games. This is about brokers who own PSLs and season tickets and selling them. Owning seats for the sole purpose of guaging the fans. Boston is a middle class city for the most part and this makes it so their true fan base cannot go to see the games, ya know the ones who were going to games when they sucked.

This trying to stick it to corporate companies that are in business for the sole purpose of ticket guaging.

stingray
10-19-2007, 01:41 PM
You are talking apples and moon rocks, as far as differance goes. I honestly do not think it is about you selling some of your seats to a few games. This is about brokers who own PSLs and season tickets and selling them. Owning seats for the sole purpose of guaging the fans. Boston is a middle class city for the most part and this makes it so their true fan base cannot go to see the games, ya know the ones who were going to games when they sucked.

This trying to stick it to corporate companies that are in business for the sole purpose of ticket guaging.

But are they noticing the difference? Are they noticing Joe Blow who's selling an $80 ticket for $120 compared to ticket brockers who are selling massive amounts?

hollywood_texan
10-19-2007, 01:49 PM

What is stupid about this whole thing is, once the season ticketholder sells his tickets for face value, then that buyer will sell at a higher price through some market that isn't monitored.

Bottom line is, the Patriots are screwing their season ticketholders. Tickets are still going to be sold at the market price, that isn't going to stop. Probably after this works through, tickets will be sold even higher due to this issue! They are going to make it worse!

Also, I don't think the Patriots are differentiating between ticket brokers or season ticketholders selling a few games.

Besides, this whole idea that everyone should be able to go to a football game regardless of income, is ridiculous. It smells of communism to me.

Patriot season ticket holders can't resell their tickets, but Kraft can charge $8 beers, $5 hot dogs, pay players millions of dollars, and season ticketholders can't sell tickets they paid for at a profit?

I understand the issue of ticket brokers and maintaining a home crowd, but this is a America!

Vinny
10-19-2007, 01:52 PM
What is stupid about this whole thing is, once the season ticketholder sells his tickets for face value, then that buyer will sell at a higher price through some market that isn't monitored.

Bottom line is, the Patriots are screwing their season ticketholders.

If you read the article, State law forbids re-selling tickets more than $2 dollars over face value plus a service fee. Seems the voters didn't like gougers anymore than the Patriots do.

State law, though rarely enforced, restricts ticket markups to $2 above face value plus some service charges.

Yankee_In_TX
10-19-2007, 01:55 PM

Unless you're under a contract that says you can only sell your house for $100k. Which IS in your PSL/Season ticket contract.

For once Hollywood and I agree on THIS issue. The Patriots will probably make examples without regard for Joe Blow fan who has to miss a few games and John Doe broker who owns 50 PSL's. It would be nice if they said ok - anyone on the list selling more than 10 (arbitrary number) seats is going to get nailed. But that probably won't happen.

stingray
10-19-2007, 02:06 PM
Unless you're under a contract that says you can only sell your house for $100k. Which IS in your PSL/Season ticket contract.

For once Hollywood and I agree on THIS issue. The Patriots will probably make examples without regard for Joe Blow fan who has to miss a few games and John Doe broker who owns 50 PSL's. It would be nice if they said ok - anyone on the list selling more than 10 (arbitrary number) seats is going to get nailed. But that probably won't happen.

So why do the Texans have a contract with Stubhub? This is hypocritical. I Hardly see any tickets sold for face value on stubhub.
This is just another example of another corporation hiding behind their lawyers and covering their ass.

I think another issue related to ticket prices is how ridicoulus the NFl charges the same price for pre-season tickets. These tickets should be sold for about half the price of regular season games. Like I said before, it's supply and demand.

Yankee_In_TX
10-19-2007, 02:12 PM
So why do the Texans have a contract with Stubhub? This is hypocritical. I Hardly see any tickets sold for face value on stubhub.
This is just another example of another corporation hiding behind their lawyers and covering their ass.

Regardless of the practice, you don't actually have the "right" to sell the tickets as you please because of the contract you're under was the only point I was making (not what is right/wrong or fair/unfair).

hollywood_texan
10-19-2007, 02:15 PM
If you read the article, State law forbids re-selling tickets more than $2 dollars over face value plus a service fee. Seems the voters didn't like gougers anymore than the Patriots do.

I know about the law, and it's old and antiqated. It's impractical and has lived out it's useful purpose, whatever was, if it really had a useful purpose. They need to just get rid of it and the Pats need to get with the times.

In the long run, it's probably going to work out against the Pats. Win the battle, but lose the PR war.

It's very expensive to have season tickets, it's very expensive to go to the games, the players make millions, and season ticketholder get their tickets pulled for selling tickets at a profit?

And how is doing that going to stop the resell of Pats tickets? It isn't, and it will probably drive the price up even more in some secondary untrackable market.

I think another issue related to ticket prices is how ridicoulus the NFl charges the same price for pre-season tickets. These tickets should be sold for about half the price of regular season games. Like I said before, it's supply and demand.

It's only the Pats doing this. The Texans encourage the resell of tickets on their own website saying something like, "sell your tickets on stubhub to get a return on your Texans investment". It's something like that.

stingray
10-19-2007, 02:27 PM
Regardless of the practice, you don't actually have the "right" to sell the tickets as you please because of the contract you're under was the only point I was making (not what is right/wrong or fair/unfair).

I know that you are just stating the "facts", I'm trying to use common sense and not sound like a "lawyer". If the Texans really wanted to forbid the selling of tickets over face value than they wouldn't have an affiliation with stubhub. I gurantee you that they don't care.

Joe Texan
10-19-2007, 02:56 PM
I hope stub hub burns to the ground

hollywood_texan
10-19-2007, 03:04 PM
I hope stub hub burns to the ground

It's on the Internet.

I don't think that is possible.

But, we get your point.

See you in Oakland.

Specnatz
10-19-2007, 03:33 PM
I know about the law, and it's old and antiqated. It's impractical and has lived out it's useful purpose, whatever was, if it really had a useful purpose. They need to just get rid of it and the Pats need to get with the times.

In the long run, it's probably going to work out against the Pats. Win the battle, but lose the PR war.

It's very expensive to have season tickets, it's very expensive to go to the games, the players make millions, and season ticketholder get their tickets pulled for selling tickets at a profit?

And how is doing that going to stop the resell of Pats tickets? It isn't, and it will probably drive the price up even more in some secondary untrackable market.

It's only the Pats doing this. The Texans encourage the resell of tickets on their own website saying something like, "sell your tickets on stubhub to get a return on your Texans investment". It's something like that.

Or doing it as a business and not caring about the fans. If the media would actually talk about this then the PR battle would be against this type of thing.

SheTexan
10-19-2007, 04:57 PM
Personally, I wish ALL ticket brokers would go BROKE!! These are tickets to an entertainment event, not the purchase of a home. I would be able to go to more out of town games if the cost of the ticket wasn't so much. I would have LOVED to take my granddaughters to see Hanna Montana, BUT, no way in hell could I afford the jacked up price of the tickets from the brokers, nor would I pay that amount even if I could afford it.

I also think it's sad the TEXANS acknowledge StubHub!! If more NFL franchises would do as the Pats have done, more middle class, lower income fans would be able to attend games. Unfortunately, the NFL is a money making machine FIRST and foremost!! I wonder how much of a kickback the TEXANS, and other franchises, get from StubHub!!

I applaud the Patriots for sticking to their policy!! I just wish more NFL franchises had the guts to do the same.

hollywood_texan
10-19-2007, 05:28 PM
Personally, I wish ALL ticket brokers would go BROKE!! These are tickets to an entertainment event, not the purchase of a home. I would be able to go to more out of town games if the cost of the ticket wasn't so much. I would have LOVED to take my granddaughters to see Hanna Montana, BUT, no way in hell could I afford the jacked up price of the tickets from the brokers, nor would I pay that amount even if I could afford it.

I also think it's sad the TEXANS acknowledge StubHub!! If more NFL franchises would do as the Pats have done, more middle class, lower income fans would be able to attend games. Unfortunately, the NFL is a money making machine FIRST and foremost!! I wonder how much of a kickback the TEXANS, and other franchises, get from StubHub!!

I applaud the Patriots for sticking to their policy!! I just wish more NFL franchises had the guts to do the same.

Regardless of ticket brokers, the price is what it is and value has been established by a secondary market. Since that value is there, the ticket brokers exist because of the business profit available. Taking away ticket brokers isn't going to change the secondary market, except to probably make things more expensive.

Also, no one is guaranteed anything in life, especially a ticket to an NFL game or to see Hannah Montana. There are so many other things in life to pursue or worry about than that.

Just get over it, this is how a free market and society works.

Specnatz
10-19-2007, 05:53 PM
Regardless of ticket brokers, the price is what it is and value has been established by a secondary market. Since that value is there, the ticket brokers exist because of the business profit available. Taking away ticket brokers isn't going to change the secondary market, except to probably make things more expensive.
Also, no one is guaranteed anything in life, especially a ticket to an NFL game or to see Hannah Montana. There are so many other things in life to pursue or worry about than that.

Just get over it, this is how a free market and society works.

If you eliminate ticket brokers how does the price of tickets go up? If they can only charge a certain amount above original ticket prices, then the price would come down.

You say nothing is guaranteed in life, that also applies to ticket brokers. that are not guaranteed a right to sell tickets at inflated prices. You are right there is so many things more to worry about in the grand scheme of life, so then why is it that you have a problem with people fighting ticket brokers? You seem to take up there side of the fight versus the side of fans or people who wish that brokers did not exsist.

I just hate the fact they own PSLs and or season tickets for the sole purpose of selling those seats. they should be forced to stand in line and be limited to the number of tickets they can get. Just like a concert you can only by 8 tickets at a time. That would not eliminate brokers but it sure would but a huge crimp in how they go about doing business.

hollywood_texan
10-19-2007, 06:19 PM
If you eliminate ticket brokers how does the price of tickets go up? If they can only charge a certain amount above original ticket prices, then the price would come down.

You say nothing is guaranteed in life, that also applies to ticket brokers. that are not guaranteed a right to sell tickets at inflated prices. You are right there is so many things more to worry about in the grand scheme of life, so then why is it that you have a problem with people fighting ticket brokers? You seem to take up there side of the fight versus the side of fans or people who wish that brokers did not exsist.

I just hate the fact they own PSLs and or season tickets for the sole purpose of selling those seats. they should be forced to stand in line and be limited to the number of tickets they can get. Just like a concert you can only by 8 tickets at a time. That would not eliminate brokers but it sure would but a huge crimp in how they go about doing business.

There is a supply side and a demand side.

Getting rid of ticket brokers doesn't change the demand side. Theoritcally, you are lowering the supply by getting rid of ticket brokers.

Getting rid of ticket brokers means less supply, with demand staying the same, you will have higher prices.

Actually, you guys want more brokers or for stadiums to have a higher seating capacity. The more people selling tickets would mean lower prices. The fewer people selling tickets in the secondary market, means higher prices.

Or maybe supply is too high, meaning too many people want to go to football games? You could impact the pricing side from the demand side as well.

We live in a free society (for lack of a better term) that is predicated capitalism.

Like I said, get over it is my best advice. This is how we live in this country and what makes it so great. Opporunity is what is important, not an entitlement. Human civilization is based on scarce resources and how we deal with that in a capitalist society is the best way to go. It isn't perfect, but neither are human beings (we are emotional and illogical most of the time, if not all of the time).

Personally, I don't like the ticket broker concept either in the NFL. But, that is how life works in our society, you gotta take the minuses with pluses.

TexansLucky13
10-19-2007, 06:37 PM

Getting rid of ticket brokers doesn't change the demand side. Theoritcally, you are lowering the supply by getting rid of ticket brokers.

Getting rid of ticket brokers means less supply, with demand staying the same, you will have higher prices.

Actually, you guys want more brokers or for stadiums to have a higher seating capacity. The more people selling tickets would mean lower prices. The fewer people selling tickets in the secondary market, means higher prices.

This is not the theoretical economic view.... this view is practical. You are assuming that there will always be a secondary market. In a perfect world, the Texans organization could retain exclusive control over its tickets. If that were the case, the supply would be fixed, and the price would respond directly to the demand, with limitations. But we know that may not be plausible.

In a practical situation, there is a fluid secondary market which works against the primary market. Brokers will try to become the primary source since they buy so many tickets that they drive the supply down. When that happens, the brokers can do relatively whatever they want with the price, depending on the demand index, which will be high due to the dwindling supply.

Technically, there is a tertiary market in action here, involving the small scale exchange of supply from person to person. This includes scalpers and message board sellers. The price they set is extremely fluid considering the convenience that is involved.

The total supply remains the same.... Reliant can only hold 69,500 fans. The real question is who gets control over the supply.

Specnatz
10-19-2007, 06:40 PM

Or maybe supply is too high, meaning too many people want to go to football games? You could impact the pricing side from the demand side as well.

We live in a free society (for lack of a better term) that is predicated capitalism.

Like I said, get over it is my best advice. This is how we live in this country and what makes it so great. Opporunity is what is important, not an entitlement. Human civilization is based on scarce resources and how we deal with that in a capitalist society is the best way to go. It isn't perfect, but neither are human beings (we are emotional and illogical most of the time, if not all of the time).

Personally, I don't like the ticket broker concept either in the NFL. But, that is how life works in our society, you gotta take the minuses with pluses.

It does not change the supply at all there is only so many tickets, no matter what. If ticket brokers did not exsist, meaning they would not own PSL or season tickets so there would be more tickets available to individuals and they would not have to goto a broker to get the tickets that they wanted.

I have no problem with someone selling tickets they can't use but when a comapny owns multiple season tickets and PSLs for multiple teams it lessons the amount of tickets available for individuals to buy for a game unless they goto a broker who is selling them at a huge mark-up.

The law of supply and demand was for people buying a product from the original place not secondary places that want to capitalized on a loop hole.

This is why I said eliminate brokers ability to own season tickets and purchase PSLs. Also, if teams would make it so that 1000 tickets are available the monday prior to a game of course spread out throughout the stadium that way scalpers have to sccramble to get these tickets before the casual fan can get them. So those who only goto select games cause of whatever reason has a chance to go see a game that they did not know they would be able to attend.

StarStruck
10-19-2007, 06:40 PM
I do have to chuckle about some of the debate when recalling an incident that happened to me a few years ago. One of my tickets was available and I offered to sell it on the old web page. Someone was interested, I made arrangements to meet him before the game, and sold the ticket at face value. A few minutes into the game the guy shows up, but not to sit down, rather to tell me that he and his buddy wanted to sit together and if I would mind trading seats. He really acted surprised that I said no. I probably wouldn't have cared if I had made a hundred bucks off the thing.

I believe if the Pats rule went into effect, that tickets would in effect be at a similar premium as Hanna Montana. I know that Ticketmaster sometimes have limits on the amount of tickets one person can purchase when they go on sale and I heard that brokers hire a staff of people to stand in line to buy the tickets for their resale. In football the broker is just willing to purchase the tickets by lot (season tickets), whereas if they have to go the route of putting together a staff to stand in line the day the tickets go on sale, the end result is still going to be a large profit for them.

Double Barrel
10-19-2007, 06:54 PM
The New England Patriots have won a bid to get the names of all the fans who bought or sold -- or tried to buy or sell -- tickets to home games through online ticket reseller StubHub Inc., a move one technology group sees as an invasion of privacy.

Am I reading this right that they will revoke a season ticket holder if they buy a ticket from StubHub?

For instance, I bought tickets (from StubHub) to the Titans game for my mom's birthday (she's never been to Reliant). I paid a LOT for them, but it is a special occasion, once-in-a-lifetime, yada yada yada.

Where else would I find those tickets to a sold-out game? idonno:

People on Ebay were asking just as much, if not more. It's supply and demand in a capitalistic society. Nobody forced me to buy the overpriced tickets. It was purely a freewill decision on my part.

If this were the Texans, would they be threatening to revoke my season ticket because I bought from StubHub?

This is about brokers who own PSLs and season tickets and selling them.

All 13,000 at Pats games are owned by brokers?

TexansLucky13
10-19-2007, 07:02 PM

People on Ebay were asking just as much, if not more. It's supply and demand in a capitalistic society. Nobody forced me to buy the overpriced tickets. It was purely a freewill decision on my part.

Exactly. Brokers and scalpers make money on convenience mostly. If all the tickets were run through the Texans FO, and the only seats left were PSL only.... you would have to buy the PSLs and the season tickets just to see the game.

Brokers are a necessary evil.... a product of a very human economic system.

Specnatz
10-19-2007, 07:03 PM
Am I reading this right that they will revoke a season ticket holder if they buy a ticket from StubHub?
For instance, I bought tickets (from StubHub) to the Titans game for my mom's birthday (she's never been to Reliant). I paid a LOT for them, but it is a special occasion, once-in-a-lifetime, yada yada yada.

If this were the Texans, would they be threatening to revoke my season ticket because I bought from StubHub?

All 13,000 at Pats games are owned by brokers?

Maybe I misread it, I thought they were going after the sellers.

I do not know, but they have yet to say what they are going to do in regards to this situation. They have now just won the court battle just to get the names.

I hope they are not going after the average fan who can not attend a game.

If brokers did not buy up all the tickets then you could have gotten mom tickets at normal price.

Specnatz
10-19-2007, 07:09 PM
"One of our claims against StubHub is that knowing we have rules against resale on the Internet, they are out there soliciting people to violate our rules," said Daniel Goldberg, a lawyer for the team. "In order to pursue that claim, we need to understand who has been persuaded by that inducement to list their tickets (on StubHub)."

Sounds to me they want to go after the seller not the buyer but they had to request all names from stubhub in the lawsuit in order to make sure they get the names that they want.

hollywood_texan
10-19-2007, 07:12 PM
This is not the theoretical economic view.... this view is practical. You are assuming that there will always be a secondary market. In a perfect world, the Texans organization could retain exclusive control over its tickets. If that were the case, the supply would be fixed, and the price would respond directly to the demand, with limitations. But we know that may not be plausible.

In a practical situation, there is a fluid secondary market which works against the primary market. Brokers will try to become the primary source since they buy so many tickets that they drive the supply down. When that happens, the brokers can do relatively whatever they want with the price, depending on the demand index, which will be high due to the dwindling supply.

Technically, there is a tertiary market in action here, involving the small scale exchange of supply from person to person. This includes scalpers and message board sellers. The price they set is extremely fluid considering the convenience that is involved.

The total supply remains the same.... Reliant can only hold 69,500 fans. The real question is who gets control over the supply.

I was referring to the secondary market. If you get rid of brokers, there will be less tickets available in the secondary market. Which is what we are discussing. The original purchase from the team is irrelevant, not to mention the pricing is completely different and requirements from the purchaser.

Bottom line is, tickets are going to be resold regardless of any law or language put on the back of the ticket. Which means, at one form or another, there will be ticket brokers if the pricing is there in the secondary market to justify the risk in the business.

Also, I don't see how you can differentiate between a casual seller and a broker. Seems like some form of discrimination. What is the definition, how do you apply it? It just sound very complicated.

Everyone had an opporunity to buy seats at Reliant. Some bought and some didn't. If you take the risk you are entitled to the reward.

Without ticket brokers, Reliant may not have sold out all games since 2002?

Just let it go...

It's a regular economic activity in our society...

It's how we live...

Specnatz
10-19-2007, 07:36 PM
I was referring to the secondary market. If you get rid of brokers, there will be less tickets available in the secondary market. Which is what we are discussing. The original purchase from the team is irrelevant, not to mention the pricing is completely different and requirements from the purchaser.

Bottom line is, tickets are going to be resold regardless of any law or language put on the back of the ticket. Which means, at one form or another, there will be ticket brokers if the pricing is there in the secondary market to justify the risk in the business.

Also, I don't see how you can differentiate between a casual seller and a broker. Seems like some form of discrimination. What is the definition, how do you apply it? It just sound very complicated.

Everyone had an opporunity to buy seats at Reliant. Some bought and some didn't. If you take the risk you are entitled to the reward.

Without ticket brokers, Reliant may not have sold out all games since 2002?

Just let it go...

It's a regular economic activity in our society...

It's how we live...

Why let it go? Isn't this how things change in our society, since you want to bring up activity in our society.

Price gauging was part of society and an activity after a natural disaster in Texas, now it is illegeal I guess we should have just said let it go It's how we live?

This maybe how you want to live but I would rather voice my displeasure of it and hope to change it.

hollywood_texan
10-19-2007, 07:44 PM
Why let it go? Isn't this how things change in our society, since you want to bring up activity in our society.

Price gauging was part of society and an activity after a natural disaster in Texas, now it is illegeal I guess we should have just said let it go It's how we live?

This maybe how you want to live but I would rather voice my displeasure of it and hope to change it.

Are you comparing attending an NFL football game to the necessities of life after a natural disaster?

Attending an NFL game or any other type of entertainment event is a luxury. We are lucky to have it. If it wasn't for all this money flowing into this activity, we wouldn't have it in the first place.

Come on...

Let it go...

It's a free country, voice your displeasure all you want.

ubecool454
10-26-2007, 08:27 AM

They did not say in the article that they were going after brokers specifically. They said customers which could mean me or any other seasons ticket holders that may sell for a profit. I may have sold my tickets at a profit before but I have also bought inflated tickets for other teams that I wanted to see in another city. I would guess that state law would determine if someone was out of line or not. They made no mention of Ebay, they only mentioned stubhub if I remember right. The texans are partners with stubhub as they do advertise them on their website. If I remember correctly, you stated in previous threads that you don't own seasons tickets, therefore, I can't understand why you would speak on this subject at all. I personally can not blame any seasons ticket holders that may sell their extra tickets at a higher price to offset the costs of having to pay full price for preseason tickets. What I think has happened with a lot of mooching Texans fans is that the team has been so bad from inception that many people were just giving away tickets to their friends or selling them for much less than they paid. With the losing seasons I think some of you may be looking for the same cheap seats that were available in the past. Well as the team starts to win more, the demand will be higher and those same ticket owners that took a beating in the past will not be willing to do it any longer. I paid good money for my psl seats and I would hate for anyone to tell me what I can do with my tickets if I choose not to attend a game for whatever reason. I don't know all the states laws pertaining to this matter, but I would hope that any Patriots fans that may have violated a state or team law by reselling their tickets for a huge profit would not lose their tickets. They should only be warned not to continue doing this or face the possibiltiy of losing their rights to their tickets.