PDA

View Full Version : Harrington a bust or just a dissapointment?

drewmar74
10-18-2007, 10:06 AM
I prefer "disappointment" since he did light us up pretty badly. I'd hate to think we got carved up by a bust.

"Whether Leftwich can energize Atlanta's struggling offense remains to be seen. First-year coach Bobby Petrino said Wednesday that Leftwich would take over the Falcons (1-5) from Joey Harrington for the rest of the season."

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/7345548

I'm thinking that may be the end of the piano man.... Then again, I'm sure someone else will give him a chance somewhere.

[Yes, I realize I misspelled disappointment in the title.]

jlam
10-18-2007, 10:21 AM
Considering his draft status, I say bust.

But don't feel bad about it, we just lost to David Carr two weeks ago. :mad:

Double Barrel
10-18-2007, 10:21 AM
Bust, but not as big of a bust as the first overall pick that same draft. JMO

kastofsna
10-18-2007, 10:28 AM
he's a Jeff George type bust. sucks, but still manages to get opprotunities with several teams. will probably start somewhere else next year.

drewmar74
10-18-2007, 10:29 AM
Interesting stat. I'm not a big stat guy, but this one shows just how bad the teams that the piano man has been on were. He may be a bust, but I don't know if he ever really had a chance.

"Falcons QB Joey Harrington is only 23-48 (.377) as a starter. But in the 14 games he hasn't started over five-plus seasons his lousy teams have gone just 2-12 (.142)"

http://coldhardfootballfacts.com/Articles/10_235_Power_Rankings%3A_More_flip-flops_than_a_beach_party.html

Dude is streaky, though. Really streaky. I guess when he's hot he's not a bad QB. But when he's bad.....

Just as long as I never have to see him in a Texans' uni.....

HOU-TEX
10-18-2007, 10:54 AM
IMO, Harrington should remain the Falcons QB. I think he's had a decent year so far. After watching the MNF game I was amazed how many of his WR dropped the ball. Crumpler even dropped a couple.

By no means do I think he's among the better QB's, but he seems to aways land in bad situations/bad teams.

He's a better QB than YKW.:cool:

Texan_Bill
10-18-2007, 10:58 AM
Not to mention Joe Horn dropped two...

Goldensilence
10-18-2007, 10:59 AM
he's a Jeff George type bust. sucks, but still manages to get opprotunities with several teams. will probably start somewhere else next year.

You know I think that's a great comparison. Doesn't have the arm George did but yeah i see that a lot in him.

infantrycak
10-18-2007, 11:03 AM
Just a disappointment.

Signed,

Vinny Testeverde's back-up.

dtran04
10-18-2007, 11:16 AM
Harrington's pocket presence in that MNF game resembled someone familiar....

HoustonFrog
10-18-2007, 11:23 AM
Maybe it was the water they served at the 2002 Draft. Maybe it was laced with "IhavethephysicalskillsyetImaydeveloptheabilitytone verseetherushandtostaredownreceiversandIreallydon' thavepocketpresence" Dangerous chemical.

bah007
10-18-2007, 12:37 PM
IMO, Harrington should remain the Falcons QB. I think he's had a decent year so far. After watching the MNF game I was amazed how many of his WR dropped the ball. Crumpler even dropped a couple.

By no means do I think he's among the better QB's, but he seems to aways land in bad situations/bad teams.

WRs dropped 6 & Crumpler dropped 2 more.

Harrington's no Brady or Manning but its hard to put up numbers with that kind of help.

jlam
10-18-2007, 12:39 PM

Even though he's a hell of a tight end, that's more or less the norm for him. It's seemed that just about every game we've played against him he's dropped a pass where he was wide open and it hit him dead in the hands. Last season in the big home opener, he dropped one in the endzone early on that could have changed the complexion of the game substantially.

Of course, then he makes a bunch of catches a lot of TEs would have no business making as well, but a few easy drops seems to be fairly common for Crump.

jlam
10-18-2007, 12:41 PM
Maybe it was the water they served at the 2002 Draft. Maybe it was laced with "IhavethephysicalskillsyetImaydeveloptheabilitytone verseetherushandtostaredownreceiversandIreallydon' thavepocketpresence" Dangerous chemical.

David Garrard - Cream of the crop

:covri:

bah007
10-18-2007, 12:48 PM
The funny thing is that Harrington got 4 years in Detroit to prove himself, but now he is having the best season of his career (really) & he gets pulled because Leftwich is (apparently) better.

My question is: what was so special about Leftwich's only appearance that is getting him the starting nod? (2/8 for 28 yds, 1 INT, 1 sack, & 1 fumble)

4Texans
10-18-2007, 04:14 PM
I would say a big disappointment. He hasn't been in the best of situations team wise with going to Detroit, Miami, and Atlanta.

Anyone gone back and seen just how weak the 2002 Draft was for QB's? No QB from that draft has ever proven they were a starter, and led their team to the Playoffs I believe.

Spled
10-21-2007, 06:16 PM
Jeff George wasn't as big a bust as he's made out to be. He had 154 td's against 113 interceptions. I think the real busts are the guys who don't make it in the league at all. ESPN know it all Sean Salisbury had 19 td's and 19 interceptions for his career.