PDA

View Full Version : Starting to realize how important AJ is :(

TheRealJoker
10-14-2007, 11:36 PM
Has anyone else noticed how important AJ is to this football team? Our redzone offense is nonexistant without his presence, our team doesn't operate as efficiently without him lined up at WR, we just dont look as inspired without our quiet gamebreaker on the field.

I hate to say it, but this team isn't talented enough to win consistently when they lose someone as talented as AJ. We aren't like the Colts or Patriots who basically have plug n play rosters, we need all of our top players healthy in order to compete with the tough teams and beat the teams we should consistently.

I miss AJ!!! :(

tulexan
10-14-2007, 11:49 PM
Looks like your vow of celibacy is going to last a long time because they aren't going to playoffs this year.

Pantherstang84
10-15-2007, 12:02 AM
I'm starting to realize this empty feeling in my gut is not caused by hunger.

Ole Miss Texan
10-15-2007, 12:19 AM
Agreed but Schaub has still really impressed me. The red zone continues to be a problem, but at least he didn't throw an int.

Leahmic223
10-15-2007, 01:51 AM
Like I said he changes everything because he can't be single covered and even when they give him tons of attention he still produces.

We were really lucky to win the Miami game withouth him.

TheRealJoker
10-16-2007, 07:43 AM
Bottomline is with Andre Johnson we're in the playoff race down to the final weeks and stand a good chance of getting a wildcard.

Without him we're in the race for 8-8 all the way down to the final weeks and stand a good chance of breaking our franchise win record.

:(

Leahmic223
10-16-2007, 08:11 AM
Bottomline is with Andre Johnson we're in the playoff race down to the final weeks and stand a good chance of getting a wildcard.

Without him we're in the race for 8-8 all the way down to the final weeks and stand a good chance of breaking our franchise win record.

:(

That's how I feel for the year, he's our best player on offense.

I think Demeco has the same impact on defense right now, I don't think we would win many games without him just like Andre.

joedinkle
10-16-2007, 11:13 AM
I watched the game this past Sunday, and several times Matt stood tall in the pocket...waiting...for someone to get open. Of course he would get flushed out of the pocket eventually and have to throw the ball away. This team needs Andre.

Double Barrel
10-16-2007, 11:43 AM
Our depth at WR is one of our few good points this season. Not to diminish the importance of AJ to our offense, but we've had a pretty good passing game with exception of scoring TDs. KW had a career game last week, and Andre Davis has been reborn the past few weeks.

AJ cannot help our running game, which is weak without McKinney. And AJ cannot give our D a heart to stop teams on 3rd and long.

Obviously we are a much, much better team with AJ on the field, but even his greatness cannot make up for some obvious problems on our team. Schaub is doing his best to carry the load, so maybe we'll just become a passing team when AJ returns, like Tampa Bay or Green Bay. Kubiak is probably too stubborn to give up on establishing the run, though.