PDA

View Full Version : Bush's Debut

StarStruck
10-14-2007, 09:28 PM
It appears that Bush isn't satisfied with his latest press. At the rate that he's racking up yards now, AD isn't the only one who will have a highlights rushing day.

bah007
10-14-2007, 09:32 PM
He might be fun to watch if Al Michaels would take RB's balls out of his mouth & just call the game.

RazorOye
10-14-2007, 10:54 PM
Same song as last week - really strong first half... comes out flat in the second.

He's got to put together two halves.

And he got pulled before he fumbled - Stecker saw a lot of playing time on that drive. I don't know why he wasn't on the field more. Was he gassed? Hurt? Sore?

And that fumble on a long drive when we were already in scoring position (of course, the 1-yd line isn't a sure thing for Mare this year) - really hurt.

TheRealJoker
10-14-2007, 11:00 PM
I could've sworn they didn't mention Reggie's name the standard 100 times a quarter during the 3rd... more like 87 ;)

Ole Miss Texan
10-14-2007, 11:21 PM
He's got the yards but I still say...If all the haters are going to judge Mario by his sack #'s....judge Reggie by his TD #'s and Reggie had 0.

StarStruck
10-14-2007, 11:37 PM
Bush's performance did seem to fizzle. He came out so strong only to end up with 97 rushing yards. Not much happened after my initial post when it seemed that Reggie was going to have a breakout game.

TheRealJoker
10-14-2007, 11:42 PM
How many times was Al Michaels going to stress the fact that Reggie was at one point over 100 yards? He ended the game with less than that, therefore he didn't have a triple digit game no matter how bad you wanted him to!!!

powerfuldragon
10-15-2007, 01:02 PM
lets all just hope he doesn't have his comign out party against the texans.

The1ApplePie
10-15-2007, 01:16 PM
Reggie looked good last night.

Even my friend, who is a huge Reggie hater said "Holy **** Reggie looks good!"

Leahmic223
10-15-2007, 01:21 PM
I was kind of pulling for him to have a good game. Under the helmet he just looks really focused and pissed off quite frankly.

I mean the guy has been trashed. Think about it, at first people were talking about how we were smart for skipping on him. Than if that weren't enough guys in his draft class Addai and MJD a lot of people felt they should have got more press than he did...than add to that Adrian Peterson basically coming into the league showing who was the real phenom all along. To top it all off once Deuce went out people began to say he could never handle the load.

I saw him in this game and he just came out focused almost like he was on a mission. I was rooting for him to break 100 yards on the ground. Fell asleep on the game though and heard he came up short.

The1ApplePie
10-15-2007, 01:29 PM
I was kind of pulling for him to have a good game. Under the helmet he just looks really focused and pissed off quite frankly.

I mean the guy has been trashed. Think about it, at first people were talking about how we were smart for skipping on him. Than if that weren't enough guys in his draft class Addai and MJD a lot of people felt they should have got more press than he did...than add to that Adrian Peterson basically coming into the league showing who was the real phenom all along. To top it all off once Deuce went out people began to say he could never handle the load.

I saw him in this game and he just came out focused almost like he was on a mission. I was rooting for him to break 100 yards on the ground. Fell asleep on the game though and heard he came up short.

Reggie seems to have his fire back. When the man get's pissed, he gets dangerous (look at the 49ers game last year where he trucked a defender and dragged 3 more 10 yards).

Payton actually gave Reggie real carries up the middle, instead of draws.

real
10-15-2007, 01:34 PM
lets all just hope he doesn't have his comign out party against the texans.

We seem to have trouble with screens, dump-offs and passes in general so that's definitely a possibility.

Leahmic223
10-15-2007, 01:43 PM
Reggie seems to have his fire back. When the man get's pissed, he gets dangerous (look at the 49ers game last year where he trucked a defender and dragged 3 more 10 yards).

Payton actually gave Reggie real carries up the middle, instead of draws.

Yeah, if he's going to prove his doubters wrong, now is the time with Deuce out. He had a really good game, it was just shadowed by what Peterson did and L.T did and even sadly MJD.

Double Barrel
10-15-2007, 02:13 PM
We seem to have trouble with screens, dump-offs and passes in general so that's definitely a possibility.

Basically you mean we seem to have trouble with opposing offenses. :shades:

real
10-15-2007, 02:39 PM
Basically you mean we seem to have trouble with opposing offenses. :shades:

Pretty much...

:texflag: :d:

Brando
10-15-2007, 03:45 PM

If we have problems with Webster(MJD)we might have problems with Bush.

TexansLucky13
10-15-2007, 04:09 PM
I like watching him fumble. Many times.

Napa Auto Parts
10-15-2007, 04:32 PM
As much as i hate to say it we could use a reggie bush on this team.

TexansLucky13
10-15-2007, 04:41 PM
As much as i hate to say it we could use a reggie bush on this team.

You're right. He could probably run block better than a few O-lineman on this team. Other than that he would be a 60 million dollar waste.

bah007
10-15-2007, 05:24 PM
You're right. He could probably run block better than a few O-lineman on this team. Other than that he would be a 60 million dollar waste.

Did you watch the game last night?

To me, Bush's lack of blocking ability is his biggest flaw. He looks pathetic out there when he stays in the backfield on passing plays.

run-david-run
10-15-2007, 05:53 PM
Did you watch the game last night?

To me, Bush's lack of blocking ability is his biggest flaw. He looks pathetic out there when he stays in the backfield on passing plays.

Turn on the sarcasm detector