PDA

View Full Version : The Bottom Line

prostock101
10-14-2007, 04:34 PM
(1) Poor officiating......we really got stuck with some bad calls.

But that didn't lose us this game.

(2) Davis's endzone fumble hurt bad but I think the real game turner was when we let MJD take that swing pass on 3 and 18 for a first down. After that, we just couldn't stop them. Our defense was just on the field too long and I don't think we made them punt one time. They pretty much did to us what we wanted to do to them. Put together long drives and keep the offense off the field. If we could have at least stopped them a couple of times, I think the offense could have gotten some momemtum and kept this game close.

Our defense lost this game plus the poor ref calls is the bottom line......:gun:

I would like to add that this is still a very young team with a first year starting QB. We're 3-3 and I think still on track for an 8-8 season.

Buffi2
10-14-2007, 04:42 PM
Our defense lost this game plus the poor ref calls is the bottom line......:gun:

Our offense didn't help matters a whole lot either.

All in all, we could have won in spite of the refs - but we couldn't score in the red zone, we couldn't capitalize on the recovered fumbles the defense gave us, the onside kick killed us - we played pretty poorly, actually. We started fairly well, but the Jags just wore us down and the refs were just the icing on the cake.

gjmac2
10-14-2007, 04:42 PM
(1) Poor officiating......we really got stuck with some bad calls.

But that didn't lose us this game.

(2) Davis's endzone fumble hurt bad but I think the real game turner was when we let MJD take that swing pass on 3 and 18 for a first down. After that, we just couldn't stop them. Our defense was just on the field too long and I don't think we made them punt one time. They pretty much did to us what we wanted to do to them. Put together long drives and keep the offense off the field. If we could have at least stopped them a couple of times, I think the offense could have gotten some momemtum and kept this game close.

The swing pass has killed us all year. Our outside linebackers are terrible.

bah007
10-14-2007, 04:43 PM

Dan Connor.

gjmac2
10-14-2007, 04:56 PM
Dan Connor.

Dan Connor??? I missed that, who are you referring to?

Errant Hothy
10-14-2007, 04:58 PM

And yet you'll find plenty of people who do not think that LB is a need position on this team.

Dan Conner is an OLD at Penn State.

Brandon420tx
10-14-2007, 04:59 PM

You know, now that I think about it, the person(s) who usually ends up making a play for our defense on the swing pass are Dunta and Demeco.

Leahmic223
10-14-2007, 05:02 PM
Our offense didn't help matters a whole lot either.

All in all, we could have won in spite of the refs - but we couldn't score in the red zone, we couldn't capitalize on the recovered fumbles the defense gave us, the onside kick killed us - we played pretty poorly, actually. We started fairly well, but the Jags just wore us down and the refs were just the icing on the cake.

Meh I am sure even if we would have gotten close to winning, the BS calls would have popped up again. They were there as long as the game was in reach, once out of it they just stopped happening. We need hometown refs like the ones we faced today, we would have beat the Colts if we had those refs on our side.

:texflag:

edo783
10-14-2007, 06:10 PM
Offense = C+ (had their moments, but not consistant)

Defense = C (Could be lower, but gave them a break due to how long they were on the field)

Play calling = D

Refs = F------

brakos82
10-14-2007, 06:14 PM
Offense = C+ (had their moments, but not consistant)

Defense = C (Could be lower, but gave them a break due to how long they were on the field)

Play calling = D

Refs = Z------

edited for your conveinence

threetoedpete
10-14-2007, 06:25 PM
From my prospective....for two weeks we've had a chance to put TDs on the board and couldn't do it. Last week it was accedtited to MS thigh bruise. What ever it is you can not over throw two wide open guys for scores. The difference was they got the TD and got us down 7-6, they could paly down hill.

Thought Faggins had a great series in the end zone with the two passes defended. The cannot run the football with Flanagan. I can't think it could be any worse giving White a start. But they may think that it is. The defense wasn't good enough to over come the inept offense. Props to Walter he had a great game and propably was directly responsible for us holding the score under fifty.

Told you guys marking two wins against the Jags was a bit of a push this preseason. If they don't improve the rushing attack next week , we're now in the McFaddin zone. They may not win another game. At least Salaam didn't go down. It could of been worse.

Honoring Earl 34
10-14-2007, 06:31 PM
We're about to find out about this teams character .

Thorn
10-14-2007, 07:31 PM
The Bottom Line: Until the Texans can run the ball, expect more of the same.