PDA

View Full Version : Where's the D?

ATX
10-14-2007, 03:26 PM
This defense is pathetic......and we'll never be a good team until the D can play some ball. Fred Taylor 76 yards? MJD on the last run?

bah007
10-14-2007, 03:27 PM
What about scoring TDs?

You cant win if you see the redzone 5 times & get 1 TD out of it.

ATX
10-14-2007, 03:40 PM
that too, but the defense has looked horrible the past few games and we don't have any major injuries to blame it on either. I don't know if it's the schemes, play calling, or whatever, but we can't even tackle.....that's the 1st thing you learn in football.

brakos82
10-14-2007, 03:43 PM
What about scoring TDs?

You cant win if you see the redzone 5 times & get 1 TD and a couple bad calls out of it.

:shades:

the wonger need food
10-14-2007, 03:53 PM
Where's the defense? Probably scrambling to get away from the media like a bunch of cowards, scared they might get hit.

Brandon420tx
10-14-2007, 04:03 PM
Our D and STeams needs to watch the tape of the Bears from last year and the Tampa Bay Superbowl year. When the offense falters they need to go out there and make TDs. Yeah, I know its hard to get Touchdowns on defense, but Jon Grudens superbowl year at Tampa he challenged their defense to make at least 9 touchdowns, and they played well inspite of their offense.

Yes, our offense SHOULD be getting touchdowns, but it seems like our WRs have GREAT catching ability but just can't get those yards after catch for TDs, and untill our O-line can generate a consistant (key word there) push in the redzone for our running game it will be hard to punch it in.

/end rant

The Pencil Neck
10-14-2007, 04:12 PM
This defense is pathetic......and we'll never be a good team until the D can play some ball. Fred Taylor 76 yards? MJD on the last run?

Fred Taylor ran for 76 yards, but they didn't get any points on that drive.

PapaL
10-14-2007, 04:32 PM
Where's the D? On the field. TOP won't show that now but they sure did seem to be on the field a lot.

SteelBlueToro
10-14-2007, 11:18 PM
It's time to relieve Richard Smith of his duties...

rollinstone18
10-15-2007, 12:03 AM
I thought Bennett had a good game.

Leahmic223
10-15-2007, 12:56 AM
Where's the D? On the field. TOP won't show that now but they sure did seem to be on the field a lot.

Man they did all they could for us, they gave our offense a chance to go into the 2nd qtr with a 20 point lead and the offense left with 6. 2nd qtr they kept us in it. Our offense didn't capitalize on the oppurtunities the defense gave them, if they did you are looking at a large lead and possibly a win.

Back to Andre Johnson, because remember when we would force a turnover...than score? He needs to come back. If he doesn't than we just need to hope for the best against Tenn.

SheTexan
10-15-2007, 08:53 AM
What's wrong with out D????? Rick Smith and Gary Kubiak come to mind!!

Double Barrel
10-15-2007, 11:07 AM
We are a .500 team, and this is what .500 ball looks like.

When you watch elite teams, all units are clicking like well-oiled machines.

.500 teams, on the other hand, have moments where individual units might step up in a game, but rarely can they keep the pace or make it consistent week in/week out.

We came out gangbusters to a 2-0 start, and everyone wanted to bathe in the koolaide. Now we've lost 3 out of the last 4 and reality sets in that we are going to get our wins through sheer determination and never quitting, but doubtful that we dominate anyone this season.

Our D is looking bad, but what can we expect when our offense leaves them on the field for so long? We lack balance on this team, and Kubiak is constantly mentioning the importance of establishing a running game. This keeps our offense moving the chains while our defense is resting on the bench.

BigBull17
10-15-2007, 11:31 AM
We have no playmakers in the secondary. Its hard to score points on D with out them. Our hard hitting safty cant hit, our coverage safty cant cover. We almost never blitz, and after way\tching us try I understand why. Our nds kept getting blocked by WIDE RECIEVERS. Gut renching game all around, except for Kevin Walter. He is the only bright spot.

Thorn
10-15-2007, 11:43 AM
We are a .500 team, and this is what .500 ball looks like.

When you watch elite teams, all units are clicking like well-oiled machines.

.500 teams, on the other hand, have moments where individual units might step up in a game, but rarely can they keep the pace or make it consistent week in/week out.

We came out gangbusters to a 2-0 start, and everyone wanted to bathe in the koolaide. Now we've lost 3 out of the last 4 and reality sets in that we are going to get our wins through sheer determination and never quitting, but doubtful that we dominate anyone this season.

Our D is looking bad, but what can we expect when our offense leaves them on the field for so long? We lack balance on this team, and Kubiak is constantly mentioning the importance of establishing a running game. This keeps our offense moving the chains while our defense is resting on the bench.

I agree.

Weve got a coach who is only starting his second year of ever having been a head coach, (not to mention the regime change that always goes along with that) and a lot of player turnover in the last few years. Throw in a lot of young players and what amount to a 1st year QB.

Im still hoping for 8-8. Playoff thinking for this year is unrealistic. Nobody makes it very far into the playoffs if they can't run the ball, and we can't run the ball so until that's fixed, forget it.

Goldensilence
10-15-2007, 11:44 AM
Our D and STeams needs to watch the tape of the Bears from last year and the Tampa Bay Superbowl year. When the offense falters they need to go out there and make TDs. Yeah, I know its hard to get Touchdowns on defense, but Jon Grudens superbowl year at Tampa he challenged their defense to make at least 9 touchdowns, and they played well inspite of their offense.

Yes, our offense SHOULD be getting touchdowns, but it seems like our WRs have GREAT catching ability but just can't get those yards after catch for TDs, and untill our O-line can generate a consistant (key word there) push in the redzone for our running game it will be hard to punch it in.

/end rant

Yeah the Bears D was great last year but even they could do so much with Rex at the helm. Not saying our QB is the problem by far.It's our lack of a consistent run game like you said.

That SB team was not Jon's. He might've challenged them but the pieces were in place already. Brad Johnson wasn't spectacular but didn't hurt them either and that team could run the ball well. The defense did carry them but it wasn't anything like Chicago last year.

Just think DB post sums it up very well...fact is this team is about a year away but with the back end of our schedule I think it's still possible to make a playoff run.

Texans Horror
10-15-2007, 01:51 PM
It's all about the run game, offensively and defensively, and the Jags game was a great example. Both teams had three turn-overs, which I mention only because it's a great litmus test, but in the case of the Texans this year, I think the run-game is a better gauge.

The Texans could not stop the run. I know Mario and Okoye were brought in here to disrupt quarterbacks, but if the defensive line cannot stop the run, they will not win ballgames. When the Panthers' great run game went South, the Texans won. When LJ was a non-factor (although injured), the Texans were able to run. When they have struggled to hold the run (e.g., the Dolphins of all teams), they have had a hard time winning at best.

The good news for the Texans is that some of the teams they will face throughout the rest of the schedule are not the capable running offenses they were last year (e.g., San Diego and New Orleans).

markn
10-15-2007, 02:55 PM
Richard Smith Press Conference

http://img87.imageshack.us/img87/1444/smithsz3.jpg

real
10-15-2007, 02:56 PM
Is he resigning ?