PDA

View Full Version : Maurice Jones-Drew and the Jags beat us

Marcus
10-14-2007, 04:13 PM
I think blaming the officiating is as lame as blaming playcalling.

Give the Jags their props. We got our asses kicked by a better football team, who made their own share of mistakes.

The defense had no answer for Maurice Jones-Drew.

gg no re
10-14-2007, 04:15 PM
We'll prop them for scoring drives unaided by BS officiating.

I mean seriously, Jacksonville is 2 seconds past the playclock and they are not flagged.

bah007
I agree.

I've been saying it in the other thread.

We were physically manhandled today.

TheIronDuke
Was he the one wearing the black-and-white jersey?

Honestly, he had a great game but the zebras really impacted the game more than any player could.

Does Richard Smith know what a screen pass is? I know we can't execute one ourselves but there has to be someway to know how to defend one.

infantrycak
10-14-2007, 04:17 PM

Give the Jags their props. We got our asses kicked by a better football team, who made their own share of mistakes.

Call it lame if you want, but games are changed by 2-4 plays. These refs took it out of the players' hands and into their own. W\I would never claim we would have won but for the refs, but we have no idea what this game would have been like without these calls. As Kubiak said--F*&king BS.

TexSon
10-14-2007, 04:18 PM
Does Richard Smith know what a screen pass is?

I'm honestly beginning to hate the SOB as much as I hated Fangio.
And that is quite a feat for the amount of time he has held the job.

Marcus
10-14-2007, 04:27 PM
Call it lame if you want, but games are changed by 2-4 plays. These refs took it out of the players' hands and into their own. W\I would never claim we would have won but for the refs, but we have no idea what this game would have been like without these calls. As Kubiak said--F*&king BS.

You're making excuses, Cak. C'mon man, you're better than that. The Jags had their own share of things that went wrong with them.

Ain't no way in hell you're gonna convince me that we would have won if the 'officiating' had been better. Maurice Jones-Drew made the entire Texans defence his *****. They had no answer for him.

Htownsportsfan
10-14-2007, 04:29 PM

Kudos for for telling it like it is even when people dont want to hear it!

Fox
10-14-2007, 04:32 PM
The jags set us up with long drives and ball control and knocked us out in the 4th. They beat the crap out of us and were way better in every phase of the game. Here's hoping we find a way to be competitive next week.

The refs were all around bad, made calls that went our way and that went their way but we did get the short end of the stick more often, not that it would have mattered.

GuerillaBlack
10-14-2007, 04:34 PM
The jags set us up with long drives and ball control and knocked us out in the 4th. They beat the crap out of us and were way better in every phase of the game. Here's hoping we find a way to be competitive next week.

The refs were all around bad, made calls that went our way and that went their way but we did get the short end of the stick more often, not that it would have mattered.

Yeah it would have.

infantrycak
10-14-2007, 04:34 PM
You're making excuses, Cak. C'mon man, you're better than that. The Jags had their own share of things that went wring with them.

Ain't no way in hell you're gonna convince me that we would have won if the 'officiating' had been better. Maurice Jones-Drew made the entire Texans defence his *****. They had no answer for him.

Don't tell me I am making excuses or I am better than something. I didn't say we would have won but for the officiating. I said the officiating sucked and it did. The game would have been far different with fair officiating--that is freakin reality. Maybe we still would have lost--we will never know.

For the Jags, the only bad call I saw was the spot of the Matt Jones catch inside the redzone--should have been a 1st down. That isn't even close to all the bad calls the Texans received.

Hardcore Texan
10-14-2007, 04:35 PM
Does it even reall ******** matter at this point. The refs sucked, the jags kicked our ass on top of it, and I am so pissed I can't see straight. But what does it really matter.

They better get their head out of their asses quick and start preparing for Tenn., I didn't shell out $300 bucks to go to next week's game to lose another division game. **&^&(Y(^(Y(&(******&^(&(&(*******&(&(&(*********

Ole Miss Texan
10-14-2007, 04:36 PM
We physically dominated the first few drives.

Our offense looked awesome, Schaub had a lot of time to throw, etc.

Our defense was getting really good penetration and forcing turnovers..

The Davis fumble really hurt us and then JAX held onto the ball for FOREVER...then got their surprise onside kick...

Our team just didn't come back after halftime and they did dominate us. This game stunk.

Hardcore Texan
10-14-2007, 04:37 PM
And Kubes should submit some kind of protest to the league office over the stupid ass BS bad calls by the refs. Those guys suck!

Bungster
10-14-2007, 05:33 PM
Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhh, quit your whining, you all sound like a bunch of little brats.

Your team kicked our butt twice last year, get over it.

houstonhurricane
10-14-2007, 05:38 PM
Solid game, Jags. We were simply outplayed and out-schemed today. We HAVE to win next week or we are in a deep hole.

Leahmic223
10-14-2007, 05:38 PM
Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhh, quit your whining, you all sound like a bunch of little brats.

So you saw NO bad calls, or no horribly bad calls?

J-Russ
10-14-2007, 05:40 PM

Yea, without the help of the ref. It was a fair game, unlike today's. You jags fans really are idiots if you think this game wasn't rigged. It was good for the first 12 minutes before the ref got scared of us sticking it to you guys.

Hervoyel
10-14-2007, 05:40 PM
Beat us like a drum today. Used us like a paper towel and threw us away when they were done.

I did think the refs were a busy bunch today but I thought they were fair for the most part. When they weren't fair the calls were equally bad on both sides.

I notice that it's hard to find a "What are we going to name our defense?" thread on the front page these days. Wonder why that is?

J-Russ
10-14-2007, 05:41 PM
So you saw NO bad calls, or no horribly bad calls?

The dude is probably the village ***** over at the jags board, just ignore him.

houstonhurricane
10-14-2007, 05:45 PM
Yea, without the help of the ref. It was a fair game, unlike today's. You jags fans really are idiots if you think this game wasn't rigged. It was good for the first 12 minutes before the ref got scared of us sticking it to you guys.

Come on, you make us look like fools when you use terms such as "rigged." It is one thing to say the officiating stunk - quite another to say/think that the game was fixed. We got rolled - let's get over it and hope for a better game against the Titans.

Marcus
10-14-2007, 06:21 PM
I notice that it's hard to find a "What are we going to name our defense?" thread on the front page these days. Wonder why that is?

Well, I know one thing you can't call it, the "no name" defense. :rofl:

Marcus
10-14-2007, 06:26 PM

Rigged??

Oh yeah, another conspiracy theory. They got the refs from the grassy knoll.

lol:

Bungster
10-14-2007, 06:27 PM
Rigged??

Oh yeah, another conspiracy theory. They got the refs from the grassy knoll.

LMAO, good one!!!

tulexan
10-14-2007, 06:30 PM

I forgot we had a defense

Evilzorac
10-14-2007, 06:51 PM
To those of you who accept you were beaten by the better team today I salute and respect you. To those of you whining about the refs you are weak and an embarrsement to your team. When I first read your post I thought I was reading a Colts board. Go find your nuts, quit whinning and go back and get ready for next week. Here is to both teams putting the f-ing colts out of the playoffs.

TexSon
10-14-2007, 06:56 PM
To those of you who accept you were beaten by the better team today I salute and respect you. To those of you whining about the refs you are weak and an embarrsement to your team. When I first read your post I thought I was reading a Colts board. Go find your nuts, quit whinning and go back and get ready for next week. Here is to both teams putting the f-ing colts out of the playoffs.

The jags kicked our azz.

The refs were atrocious.

These two statements are not mutually exclusive.

Evilzorac
10-14-2007, 07:04 PM
The jags kicked our azz.

The refs were atrocious.

But make your fans look like twink fans. When you start complaining about refs in a game where you were beat by 20 points it just makes them look like complete wusses. Believe me the tin horns aren't the only ones with this problem. I will smack Jag fans for the same thing. It just bothers me because for the most part tinhorns are classy fans who know what time it is. So please nut up and walk away from twinkopolis.

GP
10-14-2007, 07:06 PM

You're kidding, right?

Go home and fix dinner for your wife, the one who was reffing the game today and gave you the game.

That was an awful game. This wasn't about plays or turnovers. This was about TWO of your TDs coming as a result of two bad ref no-calls: The no-call against Reggie Williams who was blatantly separating from our player, and the blatant no-call when the play clock ran out...whicvh would have pushed you back 5 yards and possibly altered the next play.

Our guys on defense just got tired of getting mugged and hijacked all game long. At some point, you just end up giving up. I would. You would, too.

It was absolutely futile to try and even compete today due to the embarassing ref job. It was awful.

I don't complain about ref jobs...it usually is 50-50 throughout a game...but this was flat out wrong, IMO.

For you to sit there and act like your team really won the game, it's equally as foolish as the job done by the refs today.

All I have to say is that our guys will be so mad during our home game vs. Jags...there'll be a reckoning for this garabage that happened today. Our guys will take it out on them next time. Well, unless we take it out on the Titans first--Which can happen, I can see us taking out our frustrations on the Titans and spending all this emotional capital on the Titans first and foremost.

What a sham of a game.

Please stop acting as if you accomplished something today. You had the gift of all gifts today.

Leahmic223
10-14-2007, 07:07 PM
But make your fans look like twink fans. When you start complaining about refs in a game where you were beat by 20 points it just makes them look like complete wusses. Believe me the tin horns aren't the only ones with this problem. I will smack Jag fans for the same thing. It just bothers me because for the most part tinhorns are classy fans who know what time it is. So please nut up and walk away from twinkopolis.

Posting like that you are not going to find much sympathy especially with 5 posts it kinda looks like you are here to stir trouble...

A lot of those calls were inexcusable, no matter how you cut it. Texanmike wrote a good review on it that I finished reading, he mentioned how much those calls hurt.

Evilzorac
10-14-2007, 07:12 PM
You're kidding, right?

Go home and fix dinner for your wife, the one who was reffing the game today and gave you the game.

That was an awful game. This wasn't about plays or turnovers. This was about TWO of your TDs coming as a result of two bad ref no-calls: The no-call against Reggie Williams who was blatantly separating from our player, and the blatant no-call when the play clock ran out...whicvh would have pushed you back 5 yards and possibly altered the next play.

Our guys on defense just got tired of getting mugged and hijacked all game long. At some point, you just end up giving up. I would. You would, too.

It was absolutely futile to try and even compete today due to the embarassing ref job. It was awful.

I don't complain about ref jobs...it usually is 50-50 throughout a game...but this was flat out wrong, IMO.

For you to sit there and act like your team really won the game, it's equally as foolish as the job done by the refs today.

All I have to say is that our guys will be so mad during our home game vs. Jags...there'll be a reckoning for this garabage that happened today. Our guys will take it out on them next time. Well, unless we take it out on the Titans first--Which can happen, I can see us taking out our frustrations on the Titans and spending all this emotional capital on the Titans first and foremost.

What a sham of a game.

Please stop acting as if you accomplished something today. You had the gift of all gifts today.

Thanks for making my point twink wannabe. As to a wife I am sure if you keep wearing this skirt someone will make you a honest receptacle soon. But please keep crying I am sure if you keep it up the twinks will recruit you soon.

As to the game in Houston can't wait to hear your girly squeak come up with a new excuse.

Spled
10-14-2007, 07:13 PM
The only call that really made me mad was the ridiculous upholding of the interception. What's the point of having replay? Other than that, our lousy red zone play and inability to get the ball back on 3rd down are the same problems we have week after week.

GP
10-14-2007, 07:33 PM
Thanks for making my point twink wannabe. As to a wife I am sure if you keep wearing this skirt someone will make you a honest receptacle soon. But please keep crying I am sure if you keep it up the twinks will recruit you soon.

As to the game in Houston can't wait to hear your girly squeak come up with a new excuse.

What you have to say is inconsequential...fact is this: You got two scores the cheap way.

Blown calls by the refs do not matter when it does not affect the game in major ways. But you guys were STOPPED on 3rd down until the ref said our guy held, when it was the other way around. Without that call, you punt and have one less TD. AND...we possibly score, which closes the gap even more.

And then the mega-obvious playclock no-call...you have to be KIDDING me. How is it that a ref misses it by 3 seconds? I can see a bang-bang situation, but 3 seconds? Even Houston Hater, Steve Tasker, was forced to admit that it was a severely blown call.

You go ahead and gloat. Go ahead and act as if we're crying.

We're not crying, but we're not going to let you stroll through here and act as if you truly 100% dominated us today. Without the bad calls, this game goes down to the end with anybody being able to win it.

No such luck, though, as we saw the refs make two very important no-calls when anybody with two working eyes could see Williams pushing off and could see the play clock dead for 3 seconds.

Had those plays come in moments where Jacksonville eventually punts or kicks a field goal, then I could see where you would say we "cry," but it was deflating to our defense to sit there and watch you guys get handed everything on a silver platter all game long.

LOL. Now we're at the point of this dialogue where you should know that everything comes full circle at some point--So enjoy your gift. Ride it around the block a few times and smile at all the kids on your block.

And watch your gift get its tires slashed and the handlebars tied in a knot when you come to Houston.

mootini
10-14-2007, 07:37 PM
What you have to say is inconsequential...fact is this: You got two scores the cheap way.

Blown calls by the refs do not matter when it does not affect the game in major ways. But you guys were STOPPED on 3rd down until the ref said our guy held, when it was the other way around. Without that call, you punt and have one less TD. AND...we possibly score, which closes the gap even more.

And then the mega-obvious playclock no-call...you have to be KIDDING me. How is it that a ref misses it by 3 seconds? I can see a bang-bang situation, but 3 seconds? Even Houston Hater, Steve Tasker, was forced to admit that it was a severely blown call.

We're not crying, but we're not going to let you stroll through here and act as if you truly 100% dominated us today. Without the bad calls, this game goes down to the end with anybody being able to win it.

No such luck, though, as we saw the refs make two very important no-calls when anybody with two working eyes could see Williams pushing off and could see the play clock dead for 3 seconds.

Had those plays come in moments where Jacksonville eventually punts or kicks a field goal, then I could see where you would say we "cry," but it was deflating to our defense to sit there and watch you guys get handed everything on a silver platter all game long.

LOL. Now we're at the point of this dialogue where you should know that everything comes full circle at some point--So enjoy your gift. Ride it around the block a few times and smile at all the kids on your block.

And watch your gift get its tires slashed and the handlebars tied in a knot when you come to Houston.

WOW, Just a little bitter...face the facts, Your defense could NOT stop the Jags..end of story...Other Texan fans are embarassed for this post. VERY TWINKIE LIKE!!!

TheIronDuke
10-14-2007, 07:40 PM
Now I see why every AFC South team's boards hates Jags fans. They're not only classless but clueless as well.

Hardcore Texan
10-14-2007, 08:14 PM

Oh, we didn't show up today, at least not for 4 quarters and we got outplayed.

the jags cry every time we spank them that "we were playing dirty" (that's from the jax's players and coaches) and blah blah blah.....happens everytime, they and their fans cry like babies. But nice of you to swoop in and correct all of the pissed off fans; at least we have legitimate case against BS referees, just take your W for what it was and leave it at that.

Jagrams
10-14-2007, 08:27 PM
Sorry you guys lost but after the way the game started I thought the Texans might be on their way to handing it to the Jags again. Fortunately for us it didn't end up that way. It may be a little different when you face the Jags again in your battle red.....or not.

Good luck the rest of the season, except against the Jags of course. The AFC South is a division to be reckoned with. When you get all your guys back you will be rockin' once again.

bah007
10-14-2007, 08:52 PM
You're kidding, right?

What a sham of a game.

They really did win the game. They won by 4 TDs. 4!

They did accomplish something today. They beat our ass. Bad. MJD killed us & now the league knows he is for real, not just some rookie wonderboy.

In the second half, they did. They beat us in all aspects of the game (including BS calls by the refs), but to sit there & say that they didnt beat us fair & square is ridiculous.

I'm pissed off too. The refs were terrible. But we lost this game because the Jags strolled into that stadium & hit us in the mouth and we took it.

FILO_girl
10-14-2007, 09:25 PM

No one here calls Colts fans 'twinks'. That is the name FBT gave 'em over at Litterbox Central. They are Colt fans here, leave the local lingo on your homey board.

FILO_girl
10-14-2007, 09:27 PM
Sorry you guys lost but after the way the game started I thought the Texans might be on their way to handing it to the Jags again. Fortunately for us it didn't end up that way. It may be a little different when you face the Jags again in your battle red.....or not.

Good luck the rest of the season, except against the Jags of course. The AFC South is a division to be reckoned with. When you get all your guys back you will be rockin' once again.

Thanks Jagrams! Been awhile since I saw a post from you, on either board. :)

Thorn
10-14-2007, 09:33 PM
I think too many folks got too pumped up after our 2-0 start, I know I did. The fact remains that the Texans are not yet a playoff team. There are just too many glaring holes to patch up before we can expect much more than an 8-8 season from this team.

We got a damn good quarterback, receivers and TE. Now we need a real running back and a few more good O linemen if we expect to compete for a play off spot.

The Titans lost today, if we beat them next week, well be out of the cellar. Hey, its progress.

Andrew6
10-14-2007, 09:38 PM
Texans looked like Pins and MJD looked like a bowling ball.

jaxfan21
10-15-2007, 08:40 AM
To call the Jacksonville fans classless is just classless. Of course you have your one or two idiots but believe me Houston has the same. Maybe there is some bad calls (I haven't watched the game on TV only live) but you cannot blame a loss on the refs that is just childish. I bet there has been games that calls went your way. The Jaguars are a physical team plain and simple and it showned as the game went on. What you need to do is look back at the messages before the game started and see all the BS your fans talked. You cannot sit there one day and talk all the smack in the world then come back after you look like the jerks and then look more like an @$$ blaming the refs. Maybe we can finally put to the rest the Houston Texans have the Jags number quote. I cannot say we will win the next game against the Texans but I won't mind losing if we have our starters resting for the playoffs. To all the Texan fans that took the loss yesterday like a man congrats and I hope to keep up good conversation with you. And to the excuse makers, good luck with that.

GuerillaBlack
10-15-2007, 09:16 AM
Yeah it would have.

I love how Wonger gave me neg. rep for this.

MojoMan
10-15-2007, 09:55 AM
To those of you whining about the refs you are weak and an embarrsement to your team. When I first read your post I thought I was reading a Colts board. Go find your nuts, quit whinning and go back and get ready for next week. Here is to both teams putting the f-ing colts out of the playoffs.

The jags kicked our azz.

The refs were atrocious.

Both Evilzorac and TexSon are correct. The Jags beat us like a drum. This is first and formost. The refs were bad, but considering the score and the big plays we permitted them to have, we should not complain about that too loudly. This kind of whining is juvenile and irresponsible. If we had beaten the Jags under the exact same circumstances and they were over on their board crying about the referees and what not, we would be laughing at them and deriding them about there childish antics on both our board and theirs, and otherwise having a field day. Let's take some responsibility here and be as graceful when we loose as when we win. That is called class, for those who do not know.

We must be a laughingstock over on the Jaguars board because of this. I am sincerely ashamed.

The Texans have largely owned the Jags over the last few seasons. The victory towards the end of last season had to be particularly bitter and emabarassing for them. If I remember right, they were making a bee-line for the playoffs last year, until we upset them in Jacksonville. That was after trouncing them here in Houston earlier in the year.

At that time, getting beat by the Texans was almost as embarassing as getting beat up in front of the girls locker room in junior high - by one of the girls!

We play in a tough division and Jacksonville is a good team. This matchup is turning into our first legitimate heart-felt rivalry. The Jags were out for blood against us yestersday. They were looking for revenge, for payback, and to get even. They achieved their objective.

We will have the chance to return the favor on the last game of the season here in Houston. That is going to be fun, and I believe that we will have a good chance to do it.

Congratulations Jags. Impressive victory yesterday. We will look forward to see you here in Houston on December 30, 2007.

dskillz
10-15-2007, 10:18 AM

As questionable as some of the calls were today, if the team comes out and plays that poorly it wouldn't make a difference. The Texans could have gotten the benefit of all those calls, but when you can't stop the run or hold on to the ball at the one yard line to score a TD, then you don't deserve to win.

To come on this board and see all these threads talking about the refs is embarrassing. The Texans got man-handled and exposed big time today, but all everyone can do is talk about the damned refs? Let's talk about the fact that after the first quarter, the Texans looked like they had no idea what they were doing on either side of the ball. Let's talk about how the "much improved" o-line looked just like 2 years ago. Let's ask the question if the Texans got a dose of reality yesterday and we are really that bad?

All the ref talk is bs. We had a few bad calls go against us, so what. It happens, the team couldn't get in the end zone last week either and that was without bad ref calls.

TexansSeminole
10-15-2007, 03:23 PM
I can say, being in ALLTELL stadium, we got our asses kicked. And badly.

I didn't see many officiating errors, in fact I can't even remember one. Of course, I am AT the game...I don't see many replays.

The Jags kicked our ass. That's all their is to it.

the village idiot
10-16-2007, 11:20 AM
The dude is probably the village ***** over at the jags board, just ignore him.

I don't mind being called out but I'd at least like to get called out for what I post. Was this just a matter of you deciding "this screen name will fit my tirade" and then POOF it's on the board? I didn't even post on the Jags board prior to the game. Good call Kreskin.