PDA

View Full Version : Terrible Officiating!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Shaft75
10-14-2007, 02:40 PM
How worse can it get? They better not see me in a dark alley...

Ole Miss Texan
10-14-2007, 02:49 PM
It has been pretty bad.

I really disagreed with that penalty against Bennet...I thought the Jags' wr was more in the wrong.

Even more-so was the delay of game when JAx had it insid our 10! how could they not call that? There was so much time that elapsed from that play to the next (TD run) i don't see how the booth didn't call down or anything.

However, I will say i think salaam has gotten away with a few holds/illegal blocks.

Leahmic223
10-14-2007, 02:50 PM
We have guys getting headlocked and they call holding on our DB?

BS Officiating is what this was.

imatexan
10-14-2007, 02:56 PM
Well it just continues to get worse. Is this a joke i mean honeslty?

Shaft75
10-14-2007, 02:57 PM
And then they call that an interception. I am so f'ing fuming right now!!!!!! I am gonna have to go find these guys after the game.

TexSon
10-14-2007, 03:07 PM
Terrible officiating. Of course it doesn't help when your team is atrocious. Defense forces zero punts? This is the 3rd time in a row the defense has been abysmal. Maybe that dumbsh*t Richard Smith should try to change things up because, frankly, he is entering Fangio territory.

the wonger need food
10-14-2007, 03:08 PM
Did it really matter? It may have resulted in a few more points, but when you play like cowards you get beat every time. Houston got whooped... period.

GP
10-14-2007, 03:10 PM
The game was over before it started.

For some reason, you can just sense that this officiating crew somehow, for some reason, was decidedly giving Jags the benefit of the doubt.

Today was a situation of our D getting shafted by bad ref calls...and then having absolutely no energy left after the refs giving the Jags 1st down after 1st down after 1st down on the 3rd down situations where we would hold, but they get a flag that bailed them out.

The Reggie Williams no-call, and the no-call on the delay of game are perhaps the two EASIEST calls to make. How the NFL Officiating Committee is going to be able to gloss those over is beyond me.

It was blatant negligence by the refs, and it cost us TWO TOUCHDOWNS. And it essentially drained the life out of our team. You cannot ask those guys to play that hard all game and then make them stay out there on D because the refs want to get cute on stuff. Throw in Richard Smith, who might possibly be catching onto this new fad called "The Screen Pass," and we had a recipe for disaster like this.

What an awful day. That ref crew should get absolutely creamed over this when they get their evaluations.

And any serious-minded Jags fan cannot sit there and say they really earned this victory. It was not fairly called.

awtysst
10-14-2007, 03:10 PM
Terrible officiating. Of course it doesn't help when your team is atrocious. Defense forces zero punts? This is the 3rd time in a row the defense has been abysmal. Maybe that dumbsh*t Richard Smith should try to change things up because, frankly, he is entering Fangio territory.

Well think about this. On the phantom call on Bennet, it was 3rd and long. If the officials call it right, its a punt. In another situation again 3rd and long and a phantom penalty gives them the first down.

awtysst
10-14-2007, 03:11 PM

For some reason, you can just sense that this officiating crew somehow, for some reason, was decidedly giving Jags the benefit of the doubt.

Today was a situation of our D getting shafted by bad ref calls...and then having absolutely no energy left after the refs giving the Jags 1st down after 1st down after 1st down on the 3rd down situations where we would hold, but they get a flag that bailed them out.

The Reggie Williams no-call, and the no-call on the delay of game are perhaps the two EASIEST calls to make. How the NFL Officiating Committee is going to be able to gloss those over is beyond me.

It was blatant negligence by the refs, and it cost us TWO TOUCHDOWNS. And it essentially drained the life out of our team. You cannot ask those guys to play that hard all game and then make them stay out there on D because the refs want to get cute on stuff. Throw in Richard Smith, who might possibly be catching onto this new fad called "The Screen Pass," and we had a recipe for disaster like this.

What an awful day. That ref crew should get absolutely creamed over this when they get their evaluations.

And any serious-minded Jags fan cannot sit there and say they really earned this victory. It was not fairly called.

Well said. Rep your way.

TexSon
10-14-2007, 03:15 PM
Well think about this. On the phantom call on Bennet, it was 3rd and long. If the officials call it right, its a punt. In another situation again 3rd and long and a phantom penalty gives them the first down.

Well, sure... to have forced two punts doesn't look as bad as forcing zero, but it doesn't change the fact that the defense was horrible in all phases. Missed tackles, lots of big plays, inability to stop the screen and dump off, ZERO pressure, unimaginative blitz packages, busted coverages, etc.

The Falcons, Dolphins, and Jags are NOT elite offensive teams, but all three have dominated this POS defense.

infantrycak
10-14-2007, 03:15 PM

Absolutely the worst job of officiating in I don't know how long. A headlocked DB for pass interference. 3 seconds after the play clock is at zero. A WR on his back and the ball gets taken out of his hands--and it is upheld on review. Absolutely horrendous.

Oh and Steve Tasker is the worst commentator EVER.

jaayteetx
10-14-2007, 03:21 PM
I agree 100%, but this team must start scoring in the red zone! This game should have been over by the first half, why Andre Davis stuck the ball out like he did I have no idea. 0-2 in the division, looking like an 8-8 team. Hopefully things will change when AJ comes back!

drewmar74
10-14-2007, 03:21 PM

If I had to listen to that *$%king "body punches" analogy one more time I was going to vomit.

prostock101
10-14-2007, 03:25 PM
This was a very poorly called game by refs. We really got stuck with some poor calls................:bat:

Honoring Earl 34
10-14-2007, 03:25 PM
Maybe their trying to build the Jaguars portfolio to sell to Mexico City .

Jags vs Colts monday night football ... the winner is in 1st .

NFL meets the NBA .

Brando
10-14-2007, 03:26 PM
How much did the Jags pay the officials? Terrible job by the officials......

I can't wait until December 30th.......

awtysst
10-14-2007, 03:28 PM
The worst call is when our player has his head held down and HE is called for holding. Total BS. The NFL should do something about this crap.

Dread-Head
10-14-2007, 03:29 PM
I would love to be an NFL official. You don't have to actually WATCH the game you're officiating. You can call pass interference when the ball has clearly already passed the receiver and he couldn't have caught it anyway. You can ignore play clock violations and call interceptions in plays where the receiver made the catch and was CLEARLY down. Must be nice.

GuerillaBlack
10-14-2007, 03:30 PM
Absolutely the worst job of officiating in I don't know how long. A headlocked DB for pass interference. 3 seconds after the play clock is at zero. A WR on his back and the ball gets taken out of his hands--and it is upheld on review. Absolutely horrendous.

Yeah, Bennett was ****ing headlocked and it was a defensive pass interference call. Regardless though, it hadn't even been five yards. The refs sucked today and are definitely part of the reason why we lost today.

Leahmic223
10-14-2007, 03:34 PM
Maybe their trying to build the Jaguars portfolio to sell to Mexico City .

Jags vs Colts monday night football ... the winner is in 1st .

NFL meets the NBA .

Funny thing about it, before the NBA ref was caught a lot of people started seeing these phantom calls. NBA ignored it as a conspiracy theory and it really wasn't.

gjmac2
10-14-2007, 03:36 PM
The refs didn't cost us the game, but they didn't help either....

We lost the game when we failed to score touchdowns on our first two drives, and the onside kick really hurt us as well. The onside kick, and Jacksonville playing smash-mouth football, wore the defense out.

GuerillaBlack
10-14-2007, 03:50 PM

We lost the game when we failed to score touchdowns on our first two drives, and the onside kick really hurt us as well. The onside kick, and Jacksonville playing smash-mouth football, wore the defense out.

As well as the refs giving us bad calls, keeping the defense on the field longer.

Rex King
10-14-2007, 03:50 PM
If I had to listen to that *$%king "body punches" analogy one more time I was going to vomit.

I'd like to body punch him and the officials.

The Pencil Neck
10-14-2007, 03:55 PM

I disagree. There were several times when we had them stopped on 3rd downs when they got 1st downs and were allowed to continue drives because of bad calls. They also stopped some of our drives with bad calls.

A few bad calls here and there are OK because normally they even out.

This time, they didn't even out.

Leahmic223
10-14-2007, 03:57 PM
I disagree. There were several times when we had them stopped on 3rd downs when they got 1st downs and were allowed to continue drives because of bad calls. They also stopped some of our drives with bad calls.

A few bad calls here and there are OK because normally they even out.

This time, they didn't even out.

What is the difference? The penalty difference any one has that stat?

The Pencil Neck
10-14-2007, 04:01 PM
What is the difference? The penalty difference any one has that stat?

8-58 vs. 3-28.

Leahmic223
10-14-2007, 04:03 PM
8-58 vs. 3-28.

Not as bad as expected. But just besides the penalty.

We went Out of bounds a few times, and they didn't stop the clock. The ignored the delay of game...you know what I seriously get tired of typing all the refs miscues. They played a big part in this game today.

The Pencil Neck
10-14-2007, 04:09 PM
8-58 vs. 3-28.

And really the problem isn't that penalties are called it's that a judgment is made incorrectly.

Just off the top of my head:

1. The pass interference call on Bennett that gave them a first down when it was obviously on the offense. That was a 3rd down play where they got the first and shouldn't have.
2. The illegal contact flag that was picked up on their TD.
3. The call on Schaub's "interception". Which should have been a reception and down by contact.
4. The 3rd down play where Faggins knocked the ball down but Mario was called offsides. Mario had gotten back. He wasn't in the neutral zone when that ball was snapped. That doesn't mean they don't go for it on 4th and get the TD, but I think it was a bad call.
5. On a first and ten, Demeco was called for an interference call that was bogus.

The Pencil Neck
10-14-2007, 04:10 PM

We went Out of bounds a few times, and they didn't stop the clock. The ignored the delay of game...you know what I seriously get tired of typing all the refs miscues. They played a big part in this game today.

I forgot about that delay of game they didn't call.

Errant Hothy
10-14-2007, 04:12 PM

I gotta agree with this.

Our inability to stop Jones-Drew is why we lost. Our inability to run the football, again, is why we lost. Andre Davis fumble is why we lost.

The refs are not why we lost, even with the bad calls. Good teams overcome bad calls.

Leahmic223
10-14-2007, 04:14 PM
And really the problem isn't that penalties are called it's that a judgment is made incorrectly.

Just off the top of my head:

1. The pass interference call on Bennett that gave them a first down when it was obviously on the offense. That was a 3rd down play where they got the first and shouldn't have.
3. The call on Schaub's "interception". Which should have been a reception and down by contact.
4. The 3rd down play where Faggins knocked the ball down but Mario was called offsides. Mario had gotten back. He wasn't in the neutral zone when that ball was snapped. That doesn't mean they don't go for it on 4th and get the TD, but I think it was a bad call.
5. On a first and ten, Demeco was called for an interference call that was bogus.

6. Bennett was litterally headlocked on a play by Williams, yet he got the holding call.

7. Mathis held Walters on a incomplete pass, even the commentator mentioned "Mathis got away with that hold." yet no call.

It just amazes me how much went in their favor. Someone else mentioned how late the flags were, also it just BUGS and IRKS the hell outta me when they take away the Jags first TD...15 mintues later decide they were wrong and give it back. Late flags just bug me, I think either the refs see it or they don't otherwise its like saying "Well it kinda looked like a hold...(5 seconds later flag comes out)" it just bugs me.

brakos82
10-14-2007, 04:26 PM

Copy and paste.

And paste.

And paste.

And paste.

Twitch-Houston
10-14-2007, 04:35 PM
Just have to post so I can vent before my head explodes. I'm sure Jag fans will think we're just making excuses, but I'm not posting it as an excuse, we did a lot to lose the game ourselves as well. The refs were unbelievably bad. I want to see some of their medical records because I'm convinced the NFL hired some that are legally blind.

The one where Bennett was in a headlock and got flagged was ridiculous. I almost had a coronary. I'm about to have another thinking about it again.

Bungster
10-14-2007, 04:39 PM
Waaaahhhhhhhhh, more crying about the refs, you people are losers, just like your team today!

TheIronDuke
10-14-2007, 04:41 PM
Waaaahhhhhhhhh, more crying about the refs, you people are losers, just like your team today!

Wow, big man to decide to post for the first time AFTER your team wins.

Leahmic223
10-14-2007, 04:42 PM

We are losers...says the guy that came here to troll.

Fargin
10-14-2007, 04:43 PM
I know some of you are looking for excuses but bad calls are part of the game. We've had them too. Remember Carr's game winning "TD" where he failed to get even close to the goal line. You lost, deal with it as we had to in that case.

Twitch-Houston
10-14-2007, 04:43 PM

We'll see you in our house soon enough. I don't think anyone is saying the refs are the reason we lost, but if you think the refs did a good job you're as blind as they were.

Bungster
10-14-2007, 04:45 PM
We'll see you in our house soon enough. I don't think anyone is saying the refs are the reason we lost, but if you think the refs did a good job you're as blind as they were.

I can't wait until the Jags get to houston and cram another loss down your throats.

And yes, as a matter of fact I think they did a GREAT job officiating today!!!

PapaL
10-14-2007, 04:45 PM
We are losers...says the guy that came here to troll.

+1 Rep

Leahmic223
10-14-2007, 04:47 PM
I know some of you are looking for excuses but bad calls are part of the game. We've had them too. Remember Carr's game winning "TD" where he failed to get even close to the goal line. You lost, deal with it as we had to in that case.

We have to deal with it, but we have every right to complain when the Refs just completely ignored calls.

Deal with it...I guess, David Stern told Cuban that and later found out his refs were gambling. Not saying this is the same, but there were too many FLAT OUT HORRIBLE calls for some of us to deal with it this time. Sorry if you think it takes away some of the credit for your win. I'm serious not sarcastic on that. I am not trying to take away credit from your win, but I find it hard to ignore when the refs just ignore a delay of game, fail to stop the clock when we go out of bounds, and all the various other miscues.

Twitch-Houston
10-14-2007, 04:48 PM
Thanks for proving my point. Your last answer let me know what you are and that I no longer need posts wasted on you.

Where is the one Jag fan that actually has football knowledge. If 1stdown still around?

*I tried to quote the troll but it didn't stick. Now I don't see him. Was he deleted?*

TexSon
10-14-2007, 04:48 PM

You all whooped our azz. No debate there.
But seriously, this was the worst job by the officials I have ever seen. It wasn't just 1 or 2 bad calls, it was literally 7 or 8 WTF type calls.

Leahmic223
10-14-2007, 04:55 PM
+1 Rep

Thanks for that.

I don't mean to take away credit for the Jags. I think most of them know the better team won and they probably would have won without all the BS calls, but we are not going to ignore them on OUR board.

On OUR board we can say things like "Do you think we would have won this game with Andre in?" we are not going to your boards whining about the refs or injuries. We are here just discussing how horrible they were(the refs). Seriously, they were bad beyond bad and if it was one or two bad calls I could just ignore it.

Yet it was 7-8 WTF moments in the game.

mootini
10-14-2007, 05:07 PM
Yes, Bad calls on both sides of the ball...take away the TD the Jags got...Jag still would have won.

brakos82
10-14-2007, 05:13 PM
See my sig.

GuerillaBlack
10-14-2007, 05:16 PM
Yes, Bad calls on both sides of the ball...take away the TD the Jags got...Jag still would have won.

How about that "interception"?

Ryan
10-14-2007, 05:21 PM
No doubt the refs didn't help one bit, but the jags took it to us today. We had many opportunities to seal the deal on the jags in the first half, but we just couldn't. A fumble by davis at the one yard line, an overthrown pass to KW in the endzone, fumbles by the jags in their own territory. We didn't execute and Jacksonville finally took advantage of it. In my opinion, Kubiak was completely outcoached today on all cylinders. Good ST play on the surprise onside kick, taking chances on 4th down and converting them, and taking advantage of the Texan's defensive weaknesses. I was as mad at the refs as the next guy, but it didn't affect the outcome.

Bungster
10-14-2007, 05:25 PM
Funny thing, I just read the recaps of the game, watched the highlights on NFL network and ESPN. I don't see or hear anyone saying anything about the officiating except you guys.

It's tough to lose isn't it? Gotta blame someone don't ya'???

Specnatz
10-14-2007, 05:45 PM

Well I know of 14 points the jags got by bad calls and 7 taken away from houston, yes bad call on both sides of the ball. Houston Offense and Houston Defense, both sides of the ball.

I am not saying that the refs were the sole reason for the game but holy crap how about calling it down the freakin middle.

Evilzorac
10-14-2007, 05:56 PM
Real tinhorn fans must be totally ashamed by the skirts making these post. I hvae always respected the Tinhorns even when they ripped our hearts out. Please stop trying to be the colts.

Bungster
10-14-2007, 06:05 PM
I take it back, someone is writing about the "questionable calls"....

Jack Del Rio credited his teamís ability to overcome adversity. In contrast, one controversial officialís call seemed to cause the Houston Texans to fall apart.

http://www.jaguars.com/news/article.aspx?id=6396

Basically he's saying that one call caused your team to fall apart. How funny is that???

Twitch-Houston
10-14-2007, 06:08 PM
Real tinhorn fans must be totally ashamed by the skirts making these post. I hvae always respected the Tinhorns even when they ripped our hearts out. Please stop trying to be the colts.

You're right, we're babies for complaining about our CB getting called for a penalty when your receiver has him in a headlock, when our receiver catches a pass and is down yet the CB who takes the ball from him once he's down gets an "interception", when they DON'T call delay of game after the play clock was at 0 for several seconds, when we go out of bounds and the clock keeps running........you're right not one thing we should be complaining about.

If we were here saying that the reason we lost was because of those calls it would be different. We aren't whining we're stating blatant missed calls. Which part of that does not compute?

Specnatz
10-14-2007, 06:14 PM
If we were here saying that the reason we lost was because of those calls it would be different. We aren't whining we're stating blatant missed calls. Which part of that does not compute?

Probably all of it because his sorry butt is a jags fan pretending to be a tarp.

Errant Hothy
10-14-2007, 06:15 PM
You're right, we're babies for complaining about our CB getting called for a penalty when your receiver has him in a headlock, when our receiver catches a pass and is down yet the CB who takes the ball from him once he's down gets an "interception", when they DON'T call delay of game after the play clock was at 0 for several seconds, when we go out of bounds and the clock keeps running........you're right not one thing we should be complaining about.

And yet do you really think it would have made a difference today? Cause I don't.

As much as I hate to say it, we got out played today...bad. Jackosnville came out and was just much more physical, executed much better, and generally wanted the game more then we did.

But I could have used less crowd shots...I'm not saying anything, I'm just saying.

TheIronDuke
10-14-2007, 06:20 PM

You're forgetting the first JAX TD that the ref originally called holding on the WR correctly but was for some retarded reason decided to be a TD for JAX.

People can say what they want that we sucked and whatever. We did. But if we held the Jaguars to just a FG on that play who knows what would've happened. The refs really sucked big time today there's no doubt about it. If it was an even playing field I don't think we lose today, honestly. Idiotic calls constantly favoring JAX on 3rd and whatever would've turned to punts had they been called correctly, putting the ball in JJ's hands and our offense.

BigTimeTexanFan
10-14-2007, 06:24 PM
Don't bother Twitch, they can't possible know what we're talking about considering they couldn't watch the game.

Twitch-Houston
10-14-2007, 06:33 PM
And yet do you really think it would have made a difference today? Cause I don't.

As much as I hate to say it, we got out played today...bad. Jackosnville came out and was just much more physical, executed much better, and generally wanted the game more then we did.

But I could have used less crowd shots...I'm not saying anything, I'm just saying.

I'm just pointing out blown calls, not saying we would have won had they been called correctly. Everyone complains about refs when the call is against them, I usually let it go after a game. This case was different because of how bad it was. The argument could be made for momentum however. A lot of blown calls kept the Jags alive. Who knows what happens when JJ gets his hands on it. :shades:

One more thing, I believe they scored on a running play on the play that should have been delay of game.

Thorn
10-14-2007, 06:34 PM
I honestly canít remember the last time I saw a game so horribly officiated. Yeah, it cost us. But so did not being able to run the ball or stop the Jags from running on us.

Not to mention our performance in the red zone.

Twitch-Houston
10-14-2007, 06:34 PM
Don't bother Twitch, they can't possible know what we're talking about considering they couldn't watch the game.

lol: true.

Now their posts make more sense. They WERE blind. Blacked out as a matter of fact.

copycat781
10-14-2007, 06:52 PM

I was at the game, and this is news to me. I can say, that the bad calls went both ways in this game. I sat in my seat convinced that the refs were pulling for Houston in the first half. Come the second half it was like they were trying to make up for the first half. This crew left a lot to be desired for both sides.

Bungster
10-14-2007, 06:54 PM
Still grasping for answers I see....

TheIronDuke
10-14-2007, 06:56 PM
I was at the game, and this is news to me. I can say, that the bad calls went both ways in this game. I sat in my seat convinced that the refs were pulling for Houston in the first half. Come the second half it was like they were trying to make up for the first half. This crew left a lot to be desired for both sides.

What calls went against JAX in the first half besides the FG where JAX did face mask the Texans?

Didn't JAX only have like 3 penalties the entire game?

Bungster
10-14-2007, 06:59 PM
Here ya' go boys...Answers to your questions.

http://www.jaguars.com/news/article.aspx?id=6398

Leahmic223
10-14-2007, 06:59 PM
What calls went against JAX in the first half besides the FG where JAX did face mask the Texans?

It wasn't many, and if they did try to make up for it they overdid it.

brickman
10-14-2007, 07:10 PM
The officiating was bad, but it's not the reason we lost. We got schooled on both sides of the ball..... in the trenches.

GP
10-14-2007, 07:16 PM

Not trying to be mean to you, but when you say "..this is news to me.." it's exactly right--The replay shows our player getting his head shoved down and then into Reggie's chest, a result of a huge swinging motion by Reggie with both arms, with one of Reggie's arms slapping the defender away and then a huge shove-off to cap it off.

It was not "nifty" hand work where Reggie might have outplayed and did a swim move to avoid getting jammed by the defender. It was a flagrant grab and shove by Reggie that gave him separation.

It was perhaps the biggest blown call I have ever seen. What makes it really awful is that the DEFENDER was flagged for it! His hands were DOWN by his legs because he was being pulled off-balance by Reggie, he had to use his arms to get his balance and to keep from falling to the ground.

The thing that MIGHT have saved it: Had the defender fallen to the ground instead of trying to stand and make the play. Had he fallen, it would have exposed Reggie.

Even the announcers were like "What? Wow. All I saw was Reggie Williams doing the shoving..."

I am sorry to be like this. I really do not rag the reffing much, I feel that it's usually equal in a game. But Reggie Williams DID do a lot of shoving, and was being overly aggressive in the first half. I think the ref was afraid of the hometown boos.

There's not much to argue once you see the replay.

And the play clock no-call was very unprofessional. I can see if it was a bang-bang situation where the clock is at zero and the snap occurs. I won't gripe about those. But when it's at zero for 3 seconds, and not a single ref is watching...there is something seriously BOGUS going on.

That's not something you just skip over every now and then--It's assigned to a guy and he watches it to enforce it. But how they missed it, I'll never know.

If I were a Texans fan, I would not exactly be happy that we won this way.

In fact, I about halfway expect Kubiak to pull the refs over and admit we got an unfair call. But that's Jack Del Rio for you: He's the sort of guy that takes whatever he can get. Could care less how it appears.

Things like this come full circle, though. Make no mistake about it. It always comes back around at some point, and I expect to see a few unfortunate situations where the Jags somehow cannot get over the top even though they should have.

Wow. I have never seen a reffing job that did to my emotions what was done today. This was Bills-Oilers all over again, except we didn't have a lead to help us out.

copycat781
10-14-2007, 07:22 PM
You're forgetting the first JAX TD that the ref originally called holding on the WR correctly but was for some retarded reason decided to be a TD for JAX.

People can say what they want that we sucked and whatever. We did. But if we held the Jaguars to just a FG on that play who knows what would've happened. The refs really sucked big time today there's no doubt about it. If it was an even playing field I don't think we lose today, honestly. Idiotic calls constantly favoring JAX on 3rd and whatever would've turned to punts had they been called correctly, putting the ball in JJ's hands and our offense.

I'm throwing a flag on this post. The interference call was bogus to begin with. What official throws a flag on a tight end for blocking? Especially when the "crime" occurred within three yards? Remember we were at the three yard line, so any contact prior to the end zone in well with in the 5 yard "chuck rule".

GP
10-14-2007, 07:26 PM
The officiating was bad, but it's not the reason we lost. We got schooled on both sides of the ball..... in the trenches.

I disagree.

Why don't YOU go out there and hustle on defense, shut them down, and then watch the refs GIVE them the first down time after time?

At some point, you develop a very real sense of "We're screwed."

And at some point, you lose the focus you would normally have when it came time to make the big play.

You would normally shake off a bad play that you had made earlier which caused the drive to be extended. But when you make the good play, and the ref says "Hold on a second!" And then he moves the chains for the offense on ticky tack calls and no-calls, well...you get more tired and less focused by the second.

Without the charity work from the refs, I think this game goes down to the wire on either side. And I can stand losing THAT sort of game, even with a few bad calls.

But the bad calls were at pivotal points in the game where the result was a TD shortly after the blown call.

A defense is only going to be able to do so much before they are too tired to do any more. And that's how MJD made those late runs: We were not tired from MJD, we were tired from running all game long on the fumes of high hopes that the refs would stop making bad calls that extended drives for the Jags.

The Bills got several gifts in the Oilers playoff game, and it came back on them by way of The Music City Miracle and the recent loss to the Cowboys.

I hate Dallas, badly, but I was happy they smacked one on Buffalo on Monday Night and left those fans feeling empty and shocked.

It all comes around, sooner or later.

I fully expect to see a very emotional Texans team next Sunday. Kubiak will use this as fuel somehow.

infantrycak
10-14-2007, 07:27 PM

Didn't JAX only have like 3 penalties the entire game?

One I saw was the spot on Matt Jones' reception on 3rd down. He clearly made it and was laying on the ground a yard in front of where they marked it as 6 inches short.

Jag fans need to shut their pieholes on excuses, whining, whatever. I have no idea whether the Texans would have won without the bad officiating and am not claiming they would have. The Jags played a good game today. But the officiating was an abomination and an embarrassment to the NFL--that is the point, whether it changed the outcome or not we will never know but that was horrid.

Htownsportsfan
10-14-2007, 07:28 PM
The refs sucked!

So did Schaubs ability to sell the pass on the QB draw in the red zone.

Andre Davis's ability to cross the goal line without fumbling.

Pass protection, Schaub took way to many hits after delivering the ball.

D-Line, No pass rush and could not stop the run, maybe we need a #1 pick on the line, oh yeah we have 4!

The running game, Holes, what holes?

The clock in Schaub's head, he was under pressure all day BUT the ball on the fumble should have been gone before he took that hit.

Play calling? Did I miss where the forbid teams to use the TE in the red zone?

Personal managemt: Why active Jacony Jones if you cant get him on the field. If he is healthy enough to field punts why cant he play receiver?

and on top of all this the refs sucked.

We sure as hell better get it figure dout by next week! Bad refs or not a loss to TN at home will be crushing to the Texans fan base.

infantrycak
10-14-2007, 07:32 PM
The clock in Schaub's head, he was under pressure all day BUT the ball on the fumble should have been gone before he took that hit.

You have got to be kidding. Schaub time and time again today bought time. That play the D won by a half step or he is out and tossing it down field again like he did 5 times before.

GP
10-14-2007, 07:34 PM
Not trying to be mean to you, but when you say "..this is news to me.." it's exactly right--The replay shows our player getting his head shoved down and then into Reggie's chest, a result of a huge swinging motion by Reggie with both arms, with one of Reggie's arms slapping the defender away and then a huge shove-off to cap it off.

It was not "nifty" hand work where Reggie might have outplayed and did a swim move to avoid getting jammed by the defender. It was a flagrant grab and shove by Reggie that gave him separation.

It was perhaps the biggest blown call I have ever seen. What makes it really awful is that the DEFENDER was flagged for it! His hands were DOWN by his legs because he was being pulled off-balance by Reggie, he had to use his arms to get his balance and to keep from falling to the ground.

The thing that MIGHT have saved it: Had the defender fallen to the ground instead of trying to stand and make the play. Had he fallen, it would have exposed Reggie.

Even the announcers were like "What? Wow. All I saw was Reggie Williams doing the shoving..."

I am sorry to be like this. I really do not rag the reffing much, I feel that it's usually equal in a game. But Reggie Williams DID do a lot of shoving, and was being overly aggressive in the first half. I think the ref was afraid of the hometown boos.

And the play clock no-call was very unprofessional. I can see if it was a bang-bang situation where the clock is at zero and the snap occurs. I won't gripe about those. But when it's at zero for 3 seconds, and not a single ref is watching...there is something seriously BOGUS going on.

That's not something you just skip over every now and then--It's assigned to a guy and he watches it to enforce it. But how they missed it, I'll never know.

In fact, I about halfway expect Kubiak to pull the refs over and admit we got an unfair call. But that's Jack Del Rio for you: He's the sort of guy that takes whatever he can get. Could care less how it appears.

Things like this come full circle, though. Make no mistake about it. It always comes back around at some point, and I expect to see a few unfortunate situations where the Jags somehow cannot get over the top even though they should have.

Wow. I have never seen a reffing job that did to my emotions what was done today. This was Bills-Oilers all over again, except we didn't have a lead to help us out.

CopyCat:

Waiting for your response to my post (above).

The blocking call on #83 was a bad call that got corrected. I sat here on my couch and very willingly understood and supported that call. I think 90% of Texans fans agree--It should not have been a penalty.

Heck, even before it was fully explained by the announcers...I saw the first replay and I could easily tell that it was a legal block. No big deal, to me. You earned that particular TD.

But the overall day was a day of errant officiating, and your team got the biggest boost of either team. Period.

Now, hopefully you can watch the film on the Reggie Williams no-call. You'll see a flagrant push-off that gave Reggie separation, and you'll see the defender and his arms/hands nowhere NEAR Reggie's upper body.

Add the play clock no-call to it, and you have two TDs that were illegitimate, IMO.

I'm just ready for the next game between us. I think it's going to be a different story next time around. We're a good enough team to overcome our own mistakes, we did it against Carolina and Miami.

But the ref job today was bogus. Congrats on the win, I guess.

I'd like to be able to say it with a true heart...but this particular game was a hack job of gigantic proportions.

GP
10-14-2007, 07:37 PM
You have got to be kidding. Schaub time and time again today bought time. That play the D won by a half step or he is out and tossing it down field again like he did 5 times before.

I'm with cak on this one.

Schaub was 100% blindsided--Good job by the defender to stay completely behind Schaub and out of his peripheral vision. Schaub did not see him coming up behind him--Schaub escaped and thought he was farther ahead of the rush than that.

And cak is right--Schaub made plays under pressure that David Carr can only complete on XBox.

I am 100% satisfied with Schaub. 100%.

It's the left tackle and the Defensive Coordinator that I am upset with.

copycat781
10-14-2007, 07:40 PM

Since so many of you guys posted concerning the offensive PI non-call against Reggie Williams, and the delay of game non call, I will take your word for it. Obviously when at a game these things are not shown on the Jumbotrons. I never saw them personally. I can however comment on several holds by one Effriam Salam against one Paul Spicer that occurred right in front of officials that were ignored. I can also comment on a Head Linesmen that called a TD on a play that clearly had the ball come our about 18 inches before the player, or ball came close to the goal line. It was rightfully overturned, but that the play should have ever been in question is an atrocity to me. The clowns calling this game need to fired period. They had to huddle on nearly every decision.

infantrycak
10-14-2007, 07:46 PM
The clowns calling this game need to fired period. They had to huddle on nearly every decision.

Thanks to an honest Jags fan. That is all I am saying. The ultimate W v. L may or may not have been different, but the game would have been very different if well officiated. Horrible is an understatement.

Bungster
10-14-2007, 07:46 PM
One I saw was the spot on Matt Jones' reception on 3rd down. He clearly made it and was laying on the ground a yard in front of where they marked it as 6 inches short.

Jag fans need to shut their pieholes on excuses, whining, whatever. I have no idea whether the Texans would have won without the bad officiating and am not claiming they would have. The Jags played a good game today. But the officiating was an abomination and an embarrassment to the NFL--that is the point, whether it changed the outcome or not we will never know but that was horrid.

Losing SUCKS, doesn't it?

Blaming it external influences sucks even more. How sad.....

Htownsportsfan
10-14-2007, 07:56 PM

Maybe I did not explain well enough. Schaub does a great job rolling out and buying time. Hell some of his best passes have been rolling out and finding a receiver open or directing them to a position. But as todays game wore on and the protection got worse he needed to adjust for the added pressure. Lets face it were down big and had to pass so the pressure increased. I will go back and watch that series again but it seemed to me he held that ball waaaay to long. I think thats part of why Sage always looks so good when he comes in late, he knows at that point the protection is failing and gets rid of the ball asap. Schaub had some good time early I am just not sure he adjusted to the weak protection late in the game when we were forced to pass. However you guys are usually pretty accurate so I will go back and watch that series again.

bah007
10-14-2007, 08:01 PM
I disagree.

Why don't YOU go out there and hustle on defense, shut them down, and then watch the refs GIVE them the first down time after time?
At some point, you develop a very real sense of "We're screwed."

And at some point, you lose the focus you would normally have when it came time to make the big play.

You would normally shake off a bad play that you had made earlier which caused the drive to be extended. But when you make the good play, and the ref says "Hold on a second!" And then he moves the chains for the offense on ticky tack calls and no-calls, well...you get more tired and less focused by the second.

Without the charity work from the refs, I think this game goes down to the wire on either side. And I can stand losing THAT sort of game, even with a few bad calls.

But the bad calls were at pivotal points in the game where the result was a TD shortly after the blown call.

A defense is only going to be able to do so much before they are too tired to do any more. And that's how MJD made those late runs: We were not tired from MJD, we were tired from running all game long on the fumes of high hopes that the refs would stop making bad calls that extended drives for the Jags.

The Bills got several gifts in the Oilers playoff game, and it came back on them by way of The Music City Miracle and the recent loss to the Cowboys.

I hate Dallas, badly, but I was happy they smacked one on Buffalo on Monday Night and left those fans feeling empty and shocked.

It all comes around, sooner or later.

I fully expect to see a very emotional Texans team next Sunday. Kubiak will use this as fuel somehow.

The Jags only got 3 first downs by penalty.

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/boxscore?game_id=29275&displayPage=tab_box_score&season=2007&week=REG6

It's at the top of the box score.

I agree. The refs were terrible.

It might not be to other fans on this board, but to me, its a little bit embarrassing to see everybody making excuses for why we lost.

Congrats to the Jags. They played a good game.

We have plenty of things that we need to work on to get ready for next week.

Yankee_In_TX
10-14-2007, 08:08 PM
I don't think too many are saying we lost because of the penalties. We're all angry because so many crappin' things went wrong out there, and Jax kicked our butts enough for the next 10 years.

But it helps to be able to vent, including some of the worst officiating we've seen this year - and after the Miami game, I didn't think it could get worse.

Twitch-Houston
10-14-2007, 08:34 PM
I can however comment on several holds by one Effriam Salam against one Paul Spicer that occurred right in front of officials that were ignored.

I can believe Salaam holding. He is known to false start fairly often cause he's getting beat. I really like the guy he's awesome when he meets the fans, but he does get beat and it causes penalties.

Twitch-Houston
10-14-2007, 08:38 PM
I don't think too many are saying we lost because of the penalties. We're all angry because so many crappin' things went wrong out there, and Jax kicked our butts enough for the next 10 years.

But it helps to be able to vent, including some of the worst officiating we've seen this year - and after the Miami game, I didn't think it could get worse.

Exactly the title of the thread is "Terrible Officiating" not "Terrible Officiating costs Texans the game" or more like "Terrible Officiating causes Jones-Drew to run through Texans D like they are water vapor."
:ouch:

AnthonyE
10-14-2007, 08:41 PM

Yep, we never get that many crowd shots at our games no matter the score.

If we had that many, I'd be on TV every game. :/

But yeah, refs were ridiculous this game. I hope that gets pointed out in the future.

run-david-run
10-14-2007, 09:07 PM

Guarantee you the Jags would not have gone for the onside kick had the offensive PI call not been taken back, giving the Jags their first TD. Our inability to score in the red zone really hurt us, especialy Davis' play, but that call right there completely changed the game.

run-david-run
10-14-2007, 09:13 PM
I gotta agree with this.

Our inability to stop Jones-Drew is why we lost. Our inability to run the football, again, is why we lost. Andre Davis fumble is why we lost.

The refs are not why we lost, even with the bad calls. Good teams overcome bad calls.

I was thinking the same thing until the delay of game one, and then the interception completely threw me over the top, turned the TV off for the first time during a Texans game because I knew we would not win that game no matter what. Incompetence and bad luck can only excuse so much, and you can not convice me that some of those calls were not premeditated. There is a large clock that ticks down, when it reachs zero, you throw a flag... you have an unlimited amount of time to watch the plethora of angles that show a player's knee, shoulder AND back are on the ground, yet you still call an interception and give no explanation... we did our part in losing this game, but were not give a fair shake by any strech. Playing a good team on the road is tough enough, but when you are playing 14 vs 11, its impossible.

Runner
10-14-2007, 09:25 PM
Exactly the title of the thread is "Terrible Officiating" not "Terrible Officiating costs Texans the game" or more like "Terrible Officiating causes Jones-Drew to run through Texans D like they are water vapor."

I disagree with your characterization. It can be hard to run on very humid days.

stingray
10-14-2007, 09:32 PM
I haven't even read one post from this thread, But please,please!!! Do not blame this loss on the Zebras.. We got outrushed 244 yrds to 61.. That's freaking pathetic. You are not going to win any game when being outrushed 244 to 61... I wanna contentrate on how bad our rushing offense was instead of blaming the Zebras.

copycat781
10-14-2007, 09:34 PM
Yep, we never get that many crowd shots at our games no matter the score.

If we had that many, I'd be on TV every game. :/

But yeah, refs were ridiculous this game. I hope that gets pointed out in the future.

Come now, the crowd shots were a direct response to what you Texans have spent all week revelling in. The black-out. For a blacked out game, the house sure was packed. Had Wayne Weaver held the fan base hostage with PSL's then we would have sold out every game since our inception too. He chose not to, and it comes back to bite him every so often.

disaacks3
10-14-2007, 09:43 PM
Come now, the crowd shots were a direct response to what you Texans have spent all week revelling in. The black-out. For a blacked out game, the house sure was packed. Had Wayne Weaver held the fan base hostage with PSL's then we would have sold out every game since our inception too. He chose not to, and it comes back to bite him every so often.
Ummm...we had a HUGE section of OUR stadium that wasn't PSLs until THIS year (see - Gridiron, Texas). Please don't blame Houston for J-Ville fan apathy.

Specnatz
10-14-2007, 09:43 PM
I haven't even read one post from this thread, But please,please!!! Do not blame this loss on the Zebras.. We got outrushed 244 yrds to 61.. That's freaking pathetic. You are not going to win any game when being outrushed 244 to 61... I wanna contentrate on how bad our rushing offense was instead of blaming the Zebras.

If you have not read one single post in this thread then why are you commenting? I am not even going to say what is in this thread because of laziness to read. Seriously why the hell comment when you have no clue what you are commenting on?

Twitch-Houston
10-14-2007, 09:50 PM
I haven't even read one post from this thread, But please,please!!! Do not blame this loss on the Zebras..

I suggest reading the threads then. Most of us are simply venting about really bad calls, not saying those calls costs us the game. I think we're just in shock at how bad some of them were. It's almost like fans aren't allowed to complain about the refs without it being called an excuse. If we had won that game my feelings about the refs would be exactly the same. We were still in it after the bad calls, the fumble return for the touchdown is where the nail in the coffin came from.

stingray
10-14-2007, 09:59 PM
If you have not read one single post in this thread then why are you commenting? I am not even going to say what is in this thread because of laziness to read. Seriously why the hell comment when you have no clue what you are commenting on?

Well, Mr. Smarty pants, I don't read every thread like you do, NOT BECAUSE I"M TOO LAZY, but beacause I have a life, I have kids to spend time with and watch football games with, I don't have time to read every thread. But Obviously you get bothered that I mentioned the fact that I didn't read a post in this thread. you're probably one of the geeks that reads everyrything typed on this board and has no life outside this board.. Pathetic, if you ask me...

And I am responding to you because you sure like to dish it out but can't take it.. You're still pissed off cause I called you Rudy?

I can generally assume that some people would be pissed about the Referees because of the TITLE OF THE THREAD. The last thing I want is Anyone mentioning the referees because the Texans got their asses kicked and had nothing to do with the the Zebras.

Andrew6
10-14-2007, 09:59 PM
Last 3 games we've had I think we've had some piss poor Reffing. Houston will get called on everything they do and then some of what the other team does. In the meanwhile the other team gets called for something only when its totally blatent and sometimes not even then.

stingray
10-14-2007, 10:00 PM
I suggest reading the threads then. Most of us are simply venting about really bad calls, not saying those calls costs us the game. I think we're just in shock at how bad some of them were. It's almost like fans aren't allowed to complain about the refs without it being called an excuse. If we had won that game my feelings about the refs would be exactly the same. We were still in it after the bad calls, the fumble return for the touchdown is where the nail in the coffin came from.

What did the refs have to do with this loss? Absolutely nothing...

Andrew6
10-14-2007, 10:00 PM
Well, Mr. Smarty pants, I don't read every thread like you do, NOT BECAUSE I"M TOO LAZY, but beacause I have a life, I have kids to spend time with and watch football games with, I don't have time to read every thread. But Obviously you get bothered that I mentioned the fact that I didn't read a post in this thread. you're probably one of the geeks that reads everyrything typed on this board and has no life outside this board.. Pathetic, if you ask me...

And I am responding to you because you sure like to dish it out but can't take it.. You're still pissed off cause I called you Rudy?

I can generally assume that some people blamed our loss on the Referees because of the TITLE OF THE THREAD. The last thing I want is Anyone mentioning the referees becasue th Texans got their asses kicked had nothing to do with the the Zebras.

Calm Down. Don't take your frustrations out on others on the board for something as trivial as this.

GuerillaBlack
10-14-2007, 10:13 PM

HA!

stingray
10-14-2007, 10:16 PM
Calm Down. Don't take your frustrations out on others on the board for something as trivial as this.

That's my whole point.. This is trivial, but apparently, according to someone, I shouldn't post a comment unless I read the thread. You're right, this is trivial, but i'm not gonna let someone attack me for a general comment that was not intended to a specific person.

Specnatz
10-14-2007, 10:18 PM

I can generally assume that some people would be pissed about the Referees because of the TITLE OF THE THREAD. The last thing I want is Anyone mentioning the referees because the Texans got their asses kicked had nothing to do with the the Zebras.

Look you are the one who came here spouting off about something that hardly anyone said, because you felt it was not neccessary to read and make up what you thought this thread was about, in other words you ASSumed you knew what this was about and you were wrong.

Where in the title does it say the Texans lost because of the officials? No where. As far as not having a life, whatever, but if I am going to comment on something I make sure I read about it so I do not look like more of an fool than I could if I did not read it and post something.

Oh and as far as the rudy comment goes, I forgot who even said that to me. You are not that important for me to remmeber.

stingray
10-14-2007, 10:26 PM
Look you are the one who came here spouting off about something that hardly anyone said, because you felt it was not neccessary to read and make up what you thought this thread was about, in other words you ASSumed you knew what this was about and you were wrong.

Where in the title does it say the Texans lost because of the officials? No where. As far as not having a life, whatever, but if I am going to comment on something I make sure I read about it so I do not look like more of an fool than I could if I did not read it and post something.

Oh and as far as the rudy comment goes, I forgot who even said that to me. You are not that important for me to remmeber.

I wouldn't use the word spouting off when All I did is state that I didn't want people to blame our loss on the officials. maybe most people didn't blame the officials in this thread, but I just think out efforts should be concentrated on how bad our Rush D is. Just bringing up the officials is really counterproductive...

Specnatz
10-14-2007, 10:31 PM
I wouldn't use the word spouting off when All I did is state that I didn't want people to blame our loss on the officials. maybe most people didn't blame the officials in this thread, but I just think out efforts should be concentrated on how bad our Rush D is. Just bringing up the officials is really counterproductive...

Actually you are half right, bringing up what the team did is important but when you have 4 or 5 calls that are so badly done it is important to bring them up. This thread was about venting, for the most part and people asking questions to see if their thought process was in-line with others on certain officiating calls and there is nothing wrong with that.

Hell I posted a rules question, because of what I perceived as a blown call and I want to understand the rule so I know if my thoughts were in-line with the rules.

Twitch-Houston
10-14-2007, 10:31 PM

Did you read the post of mine that you quoted? Your statement would probably be better served with another quote. No where in any of my posts have I said the refs were the reason we lost.

Did I think refs sucked today yes. It's an opinion. Just like the fact that I think the Browns name and uniforms suck. That's an opinion. I assure you I have quite an interesting life and I have missed no time with my kids forming those opinions.

My kids are in bed in their Texans PJs so I can post away guilt free in the knowledge that I'm not neglecting them.

stingray
10-14-2007, 10:41 PM
Did you read the post of mine that you quoted? Your statement would probably be better served with another quote. No where in any of my posts have I said the refs were the reason we lost.

Did I think refs sucked today yes. It's an opinion. Just like the fact that I think the Browns name and uniforms suck. That's an opinion. I assure you I have quite an interesting life and I have missed no time with my kids forming those opinions.

My kids are in bed in their Texans PJs so I can post away guilt free in the knowledge that I'm not neglecting them.

The quote about the kids was not intended towards you, I just think that I was not the first person on this board to form an opinion and posting about it with just reading the Title of the thread. "I'm sorry to those I offended for not reading a post and commenting on this thread."

Twitch-Houston
10-14-2007, 10:50 PM
The quote about the kids was not intended towards you, I just think that I was not the first person on this board to form an opinion and posting about it with just reading the Title of the thread. "I'm sorry to those I offended for not reading a post and commenting on this thread."

No big deal. All of us are guilty of not reading all threads. Especially after a home game because by the time most of us get back to the board, there are a million posts to sift through...ha ha
I could see where the mistake would be made by skimming the title since blaming officials for a loss is common place. In this instance though, they deserve to be complained about not for the outcome of the game, but their poor calls. There are plenty of other threads were we all will be discussing the weaknesses of the team I assure you.

I mentioned in other threads that Jones-Drew was the bane of our existence.

We'll all calm down tomorrow after the frustration of this game has subsided some.

Twitch-Houston
10-14-2007, 11:19 PM
by the way raytex......Happy Birthday. If the message board birthday deal is correct that is. :)

cowboys_rule
10-14-2007, 11:38 PM
game after game all you people do is cry,cry,cry oh the refs screwed us!!!! JUST SHUT UP PLZ your redzone off sux you have like 1 td in your last 15 redzone trys matt schaub is david carr part 2 and mario williams was the stupidest first rd pick and your whole off is your kicker bring back the oilers atleast the could put the ball in the endzone

Twitch-Houston
10-14-2007, 11:43 PM
game after game all you people do is cry,cry,cry oh the refs screwed us!!!! JUST SHUT UP PLZ your redzone off sux you have like 1 td in your last 15 redzone trys matt schaub is david carr part 2 and mario williams was the stupidest first rd pick and your whole off is your kicker bring back the oilers atleast the could put the ball in the endzone

ha ha ha a troll comes to our board after the Cowgirls finally play a real opponent and lose by 21 points.

I'm not going to bother going to your board and see what kind of excuses you guys are making.

Learn to read. The title of the thread is terrible officiating. Had you seen the game you'd agree with that assessment if you have any football knowledge. Read more than the title as well to see that we're not blaming the loss on the refs.

Andrew6
10-15-2007, 12:30 AM
yeah happy birthday RayTex.

bckey
10-15-2007, 02:38 AM

I had to turn the volume on the tv off because of Tasker. He sucks.

threetoedpete
10-15-2007, 03:20 AM

Well polks....you need to start worring how Wade and the boyz are going to stop the wolf, Tom and the boyz from droping a sixty spot on you in the SB. Only thing the pats didn't take was the bathroom fixtures. I dunno me getting punked on national TV with the whole country watching the rape is going to sting a lot more than the Texans red zone troubles this season.

threetoedpete
10-15-2007, 03:23 AM
I had to turn the volume on the tv off because of Tasker. He sucks.

Yeah well, at least they schooled up on Peteys last name this week. Someone hit them over the nose with a rolled up news paper. I don't think we'll be getting the CBS "A" team for the forseable future.

Specnatz
10-15-2007, 04:14 AM

It is nothing like the cryboys I met at 3rd base tonight still talking about past championships but when I asked about Irvin being arrested in a hotel with Hookers cocain residue and dildos he shut up.

I worked at the Omni in Farmers Branch for two years and saw M Irvin check in with plenty of White Female escorts (his wife is a gorgeous Black Lady) so Irvin is the scum of the earth.

Talk crap all you want but until you win as many playoff games as the Houston Texans or they have a worst record than the cryboys in the first 10 years, you need to KNOW your role and shut your pie hole.

If you don't like me bite me!!

:specnatz:

Thorn
10-15-2007, 07:28 AM
One thing worse than bad officiating is trolling cowboys fans posting here. http://www.trekbbs.com/threads/images/graemlins/mad.gif

Texan_Bill
10-15-2007, 08:50 AM

Shhhhhhhhhhsh!!!!

If the cowgurls are the best of the Nancy Football Conference, than I'm pretty sure my Super Bowl money is on the AFC (again) this year.. Nice game - at home, losers... At least y'all were competitive. :rolleyes:

Although the officiating was bad, I won't blame it for our play yesterday. In-opportune turnovers, penalties, poor tackling is what lost the game.

Porky
10-15-2007, 09:22 AM
Personally, I've been peeved with the officiating the past 3 games, but yesterday may have been the worst.

I found myself frustrated on so many levels yesterday, that I was about to reach the boiling point. The piss poor officiating was but one sore spot with me.

stingray
10-15-2007, 09:37 AM
Thanks for the Birthday wishes guys, I wanted a win by the Texans as a gift.. Oh well, maybe next time.

Errant Hothy
10-15-2007, 11:40 AM

Explained:
http://houstontexans.com/news/Story.asp?story_id=3778

From the sounds of it the flag should have been picked up.

disaacks3
10-15-2007, 12:11 PM
Explained:
http://houstontexans.com/news/Story.asp?story_id=3778

From the sounds of it the flag should have been picked up. "The offensive lineman, No. 83, started at the line of scrimmage and he started his block at the line of scrimmage and drove the defender downfield never breaking contact and you can do that legally and itís not a foul."

#1 - 83 isn't a number associated to OL, he's a receiver (by definition)

#2 - If an OL blocked downfield on a Pass play, he'd get flagged EVERY time.

#3 - What he's stating does NOT agree w/ the published rules.

#4 - As a receiver, that would be considered a "pick" and is illegal by definition in the currrent rules.

Scary part is, this is only ONE of the voo-doo calls/non-calls from yesterday. Time to move on to worrying about the Titans now.

Texan_Bill
10-15-2007, 12:18 PM
"The offensive lineman, No. 83, started at the line of scrimmage and he started his block at the line of scrimmage and drove the defender downfield never breaking contact and you can do that legally and it’s not a foul."

#4 - As a receiver, that would be considered a "pick" and is illegal by definition in the currrent rules.

Scary part is, this is only ONE of the voo-doo calls/non-calls from yesterday. Time to move on to worrying about the Titans now.

He was lined up as a TE. You can engage with a defensive player at the line of scrimmage and drive him the entire length of the field as long as you do not break contact with him. It was the correct call.

The issue is not the call or the TE, the question is, how bad your lunch has been eaten if you can be driven 5 or 6 yards back on a pass play...

Leahmic223
10-15-2007, 12:35 PM
"The offensive lineman, No. 83, started at the line of scrimmage and he started his block at the line of scrimmage and drove the defender downfield never breaking contact and you can do that legally and it’s not a foul."

You know what's funny...the fact that the Ref has to release a official statement on why he made the call.

I wonder when he is going to explain the headlock and delay of game and the other questionable calls since he's going to explain that one.

It may have been the right call, it seemed like it was...but its just odd that he has to officially release this to the press and explain why. I saw this on the Jaguar site last night too.

Texan_Bill
10-15-2007, 12:45 PM
You know what's funny...the fact that the Ref has to release a official statement on why he made the call.

I wonder when he is going to explain the headlock and delay of game and the other questionable calls since he's going to explain that one.

It may have been the right call, it seemed like it was...but its just odd that he has to officially release this to the press and explain why. I saw this on the Jaguar site last night too.

Hey.... I'm not going to forgive him for numerous other calls, but the one at the goal line with TE blocking downfield is correct.. Anyone who has ever played the O-line knows about that rule, albeit obscure...

Shaft75
10-15-2007, 12:50 PM
Everyone is saying that the Jags mopped up the field with us and were more physical and what not. But what do you expect when their drives were continued on penalties or bad calls. Our defense was on the field for, it seemed like, all of the 3rd quarter. Those "body punches"(grrr) from the Jags and REFS took their toll on our defense. Not many d's in this league can handle having the wind taken out of their sails that much.

Then, to put the icing on the cake, that takes away our ground game. Our team will not survive without being able to control the clock and rushing the football. There is no way to control the clock when the refs take the ball out of your hand.

Our confidence deteriorated with every bad call yesterday. Imagine how that feels. You prepare all week and work your tail off, to just go out and have the refs beat you down.

Leahmic223
10-15-2007, 12:50 PM
Hey.... I'm not going to forgive him for numerous other calls, but the one at the goal line with TE blocking downfield is correct.. Anyone who has ever played the O-line knows about that rule, albeit obscure...

Yeah like I said, it may have been the right call, it seems that way I wasn't even sure of the rule. I just didn't like how it took 10 minutes for them to decide.

Its just odd because the ref releases a explanation to the local press on why he made the call. Why do that? Was he asked about the call or did he just felt like he needed to clear it up, if it is the latter that is a bit fishy don't you think?

Refs don't just go to the local press and say "Hey this is why we ruled this that way..."

Also, if he's going to explain that he can explain how they missed that delay of game and how did our DB get holding for being in a headlock.

Errant Hothy
10-15-2007, 01:02 PM
Refs don't just go to the local press and say "Hey this is why we ruled this that way..."

The ref didn't go to the press, it look's like the press went to him...for an explanation on the ruling.

HoustonFrog
10-15-2007, 01:19 PM

I missed it...in the car...but Andre this morning was still saying they got it wrong because the replays show the guy didn't keep blocking but actually was disengaged and hit the guy....or something like that. Who knows with him.

I'm not a fan of most NFL refs and it is becoming absurd how many penalties are being called by guys halfway across the field when another linemen is right on top of the play and doesn't call a thing....i don't buy the better angle thing.

Texan_Bill
10-15-2007, 01:26 PM
I missed it...in the car...but Andre this morning was still saying they got it wrong because the replays show the guy didn't keep blocking but actually was disengaged and hit the guy....or something like that. Who knows with him.

I'm not a fan of most NFL refs and it is becoming absurd how many penalties are being called by guys halfway across the field when another linemen is right on top of the play and doesn't call a thing....i don't buy the better angle thing.

Again, if the contact is broken, then it is a penalty, however the replay I watched....... well......, let's just say our guy was thoroughly defeated.

bah007
10-15-2007, 01:29 PM
Again, if the contact is broken, then it is a penalty, however the replay I watched....... well......, let's just say our guy was thoroughly defeated.

Who was our guy that got bullied by a TE?

Texan_Bill
10-15-2007, 01:31 PM

Didn't catch the name on the back of his jersey, because he was flat on his back in the end zone..

Shaft75
10-15-2007, 01:32 PM

Danny Clark

HoustonFrog
10-15-2007, 01:37 PM

Thanks for explaining the play. It shows you what you get from 610. I just was in and out during game time.

disaacks3
10-15-2007, 01:47 PM
The question is, under the "recent" (as in last few years) changes, isn't there a no-touch rule in place beyond 5 yards?

If the LB can't touch the TE beyond 5, wouldn't the reverse be true?

Texan_Bill
10-15-2007, 01:49 PM
The question is, under the "recent" (as in last few years) changes, isn't there a no-touch rule in place beyond 5 yards?

If the LB can't touch the TE beyond 5, wouldn't the reverse be true?

No... Not necessarily. First, rules are written to favor the offensive player and second, the contact was initiated at the line of scrimmage - not beyond 5 yards.

TexansSB07
10-15-2007, 02:33 PM
8-58 vs. 3-28.

kind of like the Atlanta game we had 7-78 and they had 2-20, but they had different referees...both crews I-N-C-O-M-P-E-T-E-N-T :deadhorse

TexansSB07
10-15-2007, 02:34 PM

by that you mean H-E-L-D

TexansSeminole
10-15-2007, 02:35 PM
No doubt the refs didn't help one bit, but the jags took it to us today. We had many opportunities to seal the deal on the jags in the first half, but we just couldn't. A fumble by davis at the one yard line, an overthrown pass to KW in the endzone, fumbles by the jags in their own territory. We didn't execute and Jacksonville finally took advantage of it. In my opinion, Kubiak was completely outcoached today on all cylinders. Good ST play on the surprise onside kick, taking chances on 4th down and converting them, and taking advantage of the Texan's defensive weaknesses. I was as mad at the refs as the next guy, but it didn't affect the outcome.

Agree 100%. He admits it too, that is another thing that is great about him as a coach and person.

Texan_Bill
10-15-2007, 02:37 PM
by that you mean H-E-L-D

LMAO... no, what I meant was 'owned'!!

4Texans
10-15-2007, 02:59 PM
I'm sure Kubiak has already had a conversation with the Official heads today, and it will be a major topic of discussion on his 610 radio show at 5:00. I'll be listening for sure.

TexansLucky13
10-15-2007, 03:36 PM
I'm sure Kubiak has already had a conversation with the Official heads today

I would love to have a conversation with the Official's heads.

:bat:

bigfan77801
10-15-2007, 03:57 PM
I'm with TexansLucky13 on this one. On that delay of game no-call, even the CBS team (whom I think really wanted the Jags to win) wer shocked that it wasn't called.:wild:

dtran04
10-15-2007, 04:10 PM
My biggest gripe is letting the Jags get a play off about 5 seconds after the playclock reached zero. The other ones were judgement calls and those tend to even out over the course of the season. Hopefully, they are all out of their system by now.

4Texans
10-15-2007, 04:46 PM
I'm with TexansLucky13 on this one. On that delay of game no-call, even the CBS team (whom I think really wanted the Jags to win) wer shocked that it wasn't called.:wild:

When the officials can't call a D-O-G penalty 3+ seconds after the clock expires, you know it's just not your day. The Officiating crew should get some sort of repremand for that one.:bat:

pappy
10-15-2007, 10:24 PM
Everyone is gripping about a no call that cbs pointed out during the game but there were several times there were no calls . Times when we went out of bounds and the clock kept going . It just dont pay to jump into the faces of the refs during the game wait till the end then let them have it . Kubiak deserves all the credit here it is after all hard enough to beat a team but a team and the refs is impossible .

the village idiot
10-16-2007, 10:29 AM
This is an awesome thread! I don't think I've ever seen a delay of game no call be used as such an impact non-call in a 37-17 football game. Having actually been at the game and having actually watched a broader field than on your little box, there were many times that either team could've been flagged for something. Its called football.

Now, having played and presently coaching football, crying about officiating has always been what losers do. That isn't mean as a mean swipe at your fan base, but rather a fact. When you're losing you look for excuses. When you're winning you don't mind a missed call or bad call as much. Have I griped in the past? Sure I have and the rebuke I received from coaches, players, etc was well justified. But to read that the Texans weren't dominated...it was the officiating is just pathetic. Of course we get the classic Del Rio is classless smack or the blackout smack...YAWN! Good work on that. As noted the DOG was missed and the others were judgment calls. I sure did see Reggie Williams get head slapped a lot with no call.

Some of us don't have the hate for the Texans that you all have for the Jags. I enjoy the annual meetings. The titans are the team I abhor (and yes I'm not yet over 1999). But all of this is good for the rivalry. It is what makes football.

Be that as it may, and this is just my opinion, as noted by some of your other ilk, the whinning is disgusting. It is like having to read all the 375 smack against the Colts. Yeah, that 375 is pretty impressive considering the colts won the Super Bowl. I wonder which I would take? Yeah, gimme the trophy.

Very funny thread though. I've been as frustrasted as some of you...I just tend to stay away from the keyboard until I'm less emotional.

Please beat the titans.

Twitch-Houston
10-16-2007, 10:44 AM
This is an awesome thread! I don't think I've ever seen a delay of game no call be used as such an impact non-call in a 37-17 football game. Having actually been at the game and having actually watched a broader field than on your little box, there were many times that either team could've been flagged for something. Its called football.

Now, having played and presently coaching football, crying about officiating has always been what losers do. That isn't mean as a mean swipe at your fan base, but rather a fact. When you're losing you look for excuses. When you're winning you don't mind a missed call or bad call as much. Have I griped in the past? Sure I have and the rebuke I received from coaches, players, etc was well justified. But to read that the Texans weren't dominated...it was the officiating is just pathetic. Of course we get the classic Del Rio is classless smack or the blackout smack...YAWN! Good work on that. As noted the DOG was missed and the others were judgment calls. I sure did see Reggie Williams get head slapped a lot with no call.

Some of us don't have the hate for the Texans that you all have for the Jags. I enjoy the annual meetings. The titans are the team I abhor (and yes I'm not yet over 1999). But all of this is good for the rivalry. It is what makes football.

Be that as it may, and this is just my opinion, as noted by some of your other ilk, the whinning is disgusting. It is like having to read all the 375 smack against the Colts. Yeah, that 375 is pretty impressive considering the colts won the Super Bowl. I wonder which I would take? Yeah, gimme the trophy.

Very funny thread though. I've been as frustrasted as some of you...I just tend to stay away from the keyboard until I'm less emotional.

Please beat the titans.

Not sure if you read all the threads and not just the title, but for the most part everyone is simply complaining about how bad the crew was not that it caused us to lose. Even if we'd won the game we'd still feel the same way. The calls were horrendous that's a fact not an excuse.

The Jags kicked our butts and most of us accept that. We just pointed out extremely obvious bad calls that's all this thread is about.

From what I understand people who were at the game didn't have the replays that we had on the real bad calls. I have also heard from others at the game that they saw quite a bit of holding that was not called. Probably Salaam since he is a consistent culprit.

Course there are a few posts in this thread that are the exception, but most of us are not using it as an excuse.

Texan_Bill
10-16-2007, 10:44 AM

Please beat the titans.

Perhaps you ought to read more carefully, rather than living up to your user name. Reading comprehension is your friend although not required for a major in Kinesiology. I don't recall anyone from this fan base stating that reason for the loss was solely on the officiating. In fact, explore some of the other threads for some very well thought out and lucid explanations of our team's poor performance.

the village idiot
10-16-2007, 11:27 AM
Perhaps you ought to read more carefully, rather than living up to your user name. Reading comprehension is your friend although not required for a major in Kinesiology. I don't recall anyone from this fan base stating that reason for the loss was solely on the officiating. In fact, explore some of the other threads for some very well thought out and lucid explanations of our team's poor performance.

Living up to your user name? I love it when I can get someone to use the "user name" smack. It reminds me of why I choose it. Thanks Bill! There is a sucker born every minute.

Thanks for the Kinesiology compliment. Although not on my lamb skin, I think I could've gotten a degree in that as well.

Why don't you go back and look at how the progression of the posts manifested and let me know what the spirit of some of those posts are. A good portion note that the calls made an impact. And did I comment that the WHOLE thread and ALL posts were in this spirit? No. How many logical fallacies can you break in one reply?

Did I say solely? I'm sorry, that must've been your reading comprehension. Why don't you quote me where I said "solely". Let me help:

--I don't think I've ever seen a delay of game no call be used as such an impact non-call

I look forward to your accurate "comprehension" of my post.
Thanks for the laugh.

Specnatz
10-16-2007, 12:56 PM
Living up to your user name? I love it when I can get someone to use the "user name" smack. It reminds me of why I choose it. Thanks Bill! There is a sucker born every minute.

Thanks for the Kinesiology compliment. Although not on my lamb skin, I think I could've gotten a degree in that as well.

Why don't you go back and look at how the progression of the posts manifested and let me know what the spirit of some of those posts are. A good portion note that the calls made an impact. And did I comment that the WHOLE thread and ALL posts were in this spirit? No. How many logical fallacies can you break in one reply?

Did I say solely? I'm sorry, that must've been your reading comprehension. Why don't you quote me where I said "solely". Let me help:

--I don't think I've ever seen a delay of game no call be used as such an impact non-call

I look forward to your accurate "comprehension" of my post.
Thanks for the laugh.

Got to love those that come out of the woodwork like a cockroach to try and post without reading. The use of double negatives is great, but it does not change the question most are asking about how the call is missed.

You complain about Bill's reading and comprehention, but if you are a coach, I am sure we are all thankful you do not coach in Texas. Not one person on here has said the Texans did not get beat and beat badly and soundly. Head slapped a lot? What is your definition of a lot that you teach these kids? Once and it was on accident Williams knocked the defenders arm into the helmet.

Well it is nice for you to stop by after this game, but it is funny I do not recall you being here at all last year? I wonder why that is, probably like most trolls you only show up after a win. You were not here before the game either, would that mean you had no confidence in your (so called) teams chances until after the game?

Thanks for stopping by glad we could amuse you, but then again most trolls are amused when they do not have much of a knowledge of football just like the players you coach.