PDA

View Full Version : Patriots @ Cowboys aka America's Cup

Brando
10-14-2007, 11:35 AM
This is the first test for the Cowboys let's see how they do. If the Bill's gave different looks on defense that Romo has never seen, I know the Patriots will give him more to think about.

kastofsna
10-14-2007, 01:52 PM
aka THE GREATEST FOOTBALL MATCHUP IN THE HISTORY OF MANKIND

gg no re
10-14-2007, 03:35 PM
aka THE GREATEST FOOTBALL MATCHUP IN THE HISTORY OF MANKIND

aka THE BONE-RATTLINGLY GREATEST AMERICAN AND/OR NOT AMERICAN FOOTBALL MATCHUP IN THE HISTORY OF OUR PLANETARY SYSTEM

Showtime100
10-14-2007, 03:40 PM
If I didn't know better I'd swear New England was cheating. http://i141.photobucket.com/albums/r65/ShowtimeN15580/Emoticons/carton.gif

bah007
10-14-2007, 03:41 PM
If I didn't know better I'd swear New England was cheating. http://i141.photobucket.com/albums/r65/ShowtimeN15580/Emoticons/carton.gif

It's like they know its a pass as soon as Romo drops back.

Showtime100
10-14-2007, 03:47 PM
Lol. Yeah, I don't like either team, but I'll pull for the Pats today going against the Texans best interest. (I know, I know)

HoustonFrog
10-14-2007, 03:53 PM
That Pat TD was such a joke. Brady goes to Moss and talks to him. Williams is in man and Newman lets Moss go. 3rd and 6 and you let him go?Come on Newman!!!

bah007
10-14-2007, 03:57 PM
That Pat TD was such a joke. Brady goes to Moss and talks to him. Williams is in man and Newman lets Moss go. 3rd and 6 and you let him go?Come on Newman!!!

The whole defense was playing zone except for Williams. Thats his fault.

bah007
10-14-2007, 03:59 PM
Marion Barber is a tough SOB

HoustonFrog
10-14-2007, 04:11 PM
The whole defense was playing zone except for Williams. Thats his fault.

Probably but I'm not sure why you would play zone with Moss on 3rd and goal.

Marion Barber is a tough SOB

they need to run him all game

bah007
10-14-2007, 04:32 PM
Probably but I'm not sure why you would play zone with Moss on 3rd and goal.

they need to run him all game

Me either.

Newman is a top 3 CB in the NFL. If he cant man up with Moss in the redzone then we're gonna get killed.

bah007
10-14-2007, 04:36 PM
Referee threw a nice block on Greg Ellis.

HoustonFrog
10-14-2007, 04:52 PM
Referee threw a nice block on Greg Ellis.

They are about to get an earful if they didn't call the pass to TO a push out. Refs really are lost sometimes

bah007
10-14-2007, 04:54 PM
They are about to get an earful if they didn't call the pass to TO a push out. Refs really are lost sometimes

Doesnt bother me now.

HoustonFrog
10-14-2007, 04:55 PM
Doesnt bother me now.

Nope:whip:

Got us a shootout. The last interference call on Moss was bull...the defensder had position and he ran into him. The called that against Fasano earlier. Brady is good enough without that crap

bah007
10-14-2007, 05:45 PM
Did anybody just see that run that Barber made to avoid the safety???

Broke 7 tackles.

STEEL BLUE TEXANS
10-14-2007, 05:50 PM
That was an amazing catch by Moss.

bah007
10-14-2007, 05:51 PM
Too bad he didnt catch it.

Great effort tho.

brakos82
10-14-2007, 05:54 PM
Will anybody named Brady please report to Mr. Bellichek? :cowboy1:

HoustonFrog
10-14-2007, 05:57 PM
Did anybody just see that run that Barber made to avoid the safety???

Broke 7 tackles.

Yeah the guy is a beast. Keep running him

bah007
10-14-2007, 06:10 PM
Wow. Real classy Stallworth.

Tease some handicapped kids with the ball & then throw it over their heads.

Real good TD celebration right there.

TheIronDuke
10-14-2007, 06:38 PM

I can't watch the game but did this really happen? What a s#$t head!

Silver Oak
10-14-2007, 06:39 PM
popcorn was served today, but TO had crow instead.

drewmar74
10-14-2007, 06:40 PM

Think he'll supplant TJ as the "Worst person in the NFL?"

bah007
10-14-2007, 06:47 PM

He's on the Patriots. They can pretty much do whatever they want apparently.

D-ReK
10-14-2007, 06:48 PM
48-27 final. I am now $200 richer. Hooray for me.

bah007
10-14-2007, 06:49 PM
popcorn was served today, but TO had crow instead.

He still had better numbers (barely) than the "other 81".

6 for 66 & 1 TD

Moss had 6 for 59 & 1 TD

bah007
10-14-2007, 06:52 PM
Brady was 31/46 for 388 yds & 5 TDs.

Sick.

StarStruck
10-14-2007, 07:09 PM
This is my one post applies to all the threads that I participated. Congrats to the Patriots for being the better team today.

Personally I don't have a problem with running up the score. Unfortunately, Tony threw an interception, then it became our responsibility to keep them out of the endzone.

I can see a lot of take aways from this game and what we can do to fill in the gaps. I think the team need to study the game film, look at the areas that we can improve upon, then pick ourselves up and get back in the race.

Did the Patriots look good today, absolutely. If we meet again down the road, will the outcome be different, I believe so. My immediate concern now is to concentrate on shutting Adrian "AD" Peterson down next week, and be committed to going 6-1.

kiwitexansfan
10-14-2007, 07:15 PM
Brady was 31/46 for 388 yds & 5 TDs.

Sick.

Good day for my fantasy football team!!

HoustonFrog
10-14-2007, 07:26 PM
This is my one post applies to all the threads that I participated. Congrats to the Patriots for being the better team today.

Personally I don't have a problem with running up the score. Unfortunately, Tony threw an interception, then it became our responsibility to keep them out of the endzone.

I can see a lot of take aways from this game and what we can do to fill in the gaps. I think the team need to study the game film, look at the areas that we can improve upon, then pick ourselves up and get back in the race.

Did the Patriots look good today, absolutely. If we meet again down the road, will the outcome be different, I believe so. My immediate concern now is to concentrate on shutting Adrian "AD" Peterson down next week, and be committed to going 6-1.

Here is my problem with todays game.

Dallas deserved to lose. However they killed themselves with penalties on key plays and pretty much had the whole thing turn on them after they above mentioned penalty and the Pats scored.

However, I have stopped respecting the Pats. I think they are classless at the end of games and it is their way of giving the middle finger to the league for being caught cheating. It makes me wish Brady would take one under the chin at the end of games and that Coach Hoody would take a ball to the package.

bah007
10-14-2007, 07:39 PM
Here is my problem with todays game.

Dallas deserved to lose. However they killed themselves with penalties on key plays and pretty much had the whole thing turn on them after they above mentioned penalty and the Pats scored.

However, I have stopped respecting the Pats. I think they are classless at the end of games and it is their way of giving the middle finger to the league for being caught cheating. It makes me wish Brady would take one under the chin at the end of games and that Coach Hoody would take a ball to the package.

Brady just does what he is told to do. That's his job.

The coaches are responsible for running up the score. Not the players.

HoustonFrog
10-14-2007, 08:00 PM
Brady just does what he is told to do. That's his job.

The coaches are responsible for running up the score. Not the players.

I know. I don't want the guy hurt. I just think that one game Belichik is going to try it and some team is going to put it under the chin of Brady.

drewmar74
10-14-2007, 08:39 PM
Coach Hoody would take a ball to the package.

On a day where there wasn't a lot to laugh about, that one got a big chuckle.

I can see Belicheat doubled over, hood falling over his head, then him puking from the shot to the acorns.

jaayteetx
10-14-2007, 08:53 PM
The best td of the game was the last one for me. Last week after a couple pitchers at the local pub, I bet an obnoxious cowboy fan friend of mine the pats would win by 20. Man, did I catch hell all week at work for that bet but I'll be returning the favor this week! Thank you pats for not sitting on the ball!

stingray
10-14-2007, 09:35 PM
This team is scary good.. If I was the 72 dolphins, I would be worried.

drewmar74
10-14-2007, 09:37 PM
This team is scary good...

Yeah you're right.

Take away Moss? Stallworth and Welker will kill you.

Take away the passing game? Maroney and Morris will get you.

Oh, take away the running game? No problem. They'll just kill you through the air.

Uh, and the defense ain't shabby either.

GuerillaBlack
10-14-2007, 09:59 PM

I thought that was ****ed up, too. Stallworth should have never did that.

drewmar74
10-14-2007, 10:05 PM
I thought that was ****ed up, too. Stallworth should have never did that.

And what does that pompous-arse Keith Olberman trot out for the worst person in the NFL? The Jones Soda Co. in Seattle for the pictures they used for a promotional run of sodas for Sunday Night Football.

Yeah, taunting the handicap kids is okay. That soda company, though, wow. I'm glad he highlighted their faux pas - that really needed to be brought to the public's attention.

Jack***.

drewmar74
10-14-2007, 10:07 PM
double post.

GuerillaBlack
10-14-2007, 10:11 PM
And what does that pompous-arse Keith Olberman trot out for the worst person in the NFL? The Jones Soda Co. in Seattle for the pictures they used for a promotional run of sodas for Sunday Night Football.

Yeah, taunting the handicap kids is okay. That soda company, though, wow. I'm glad he highlighted their faux pas - that really needed to be brought to the public's attention.

Jack***.
Yeah, that was bull****, too. It wasn't even that funny.

tulexan
10-14-2007, 10:47 PM
This team looks unstoppable and Richard Seymour has yet to play a single down. If they can get by Indy (which I think they can), there is a good chance they will go undefeated

StarStruck
10-14-2007, 10:50 PM
This team looks unstoppable and Richard Seymour has yet to play a single down. If they can get by Indy (which I think they can), there is a good chance they will go undefeated

UNLESS they rest up their starters games 15 and 16.

tulexan
10-14-2007, 10:55 PM
Bellicheck is too arrogant to do that

Twitch-Houston
10-14-2007, 11:12 PM
Oh get me out of this hell.........I live in Corpus and this town is Cowboy country for the most part. (TexMexVato knows what I'm talking about) Thank God they lost tonight. The maintenance guy from our building would have been waiting for me when I got to work tomorrow had they won.

Now I have to play the "yea but we only lost by 20 points and you lost by 21 points" card. :gun:

StarStruck
10-14-2007, 11:23 PM
Now I have to play the "yea but we only lost by 20 points and you lost by 21 points" card. :gun:

Will he be too distraught to joke about what you have in common?

Funny though a Colts fan approached me in Bossier City last night laughing and asking how I felt about "our" Superbowl win over the Colts last year. It was really funny that he didnt' realize that we understood the difference between between the feeling of a Superbowl win and a good win over an outstanding opponent.

Twitch-Houston
10-14-2007, 11:39 PM
Will he be too distraught to joke about what you have in common?

Funny though a Colts fan approached me in Bossier City last night laughing and asking how I felt about "our" Superbowl win over the Colts last year. It was really funny that he didnt' realize that we understood the difference between between the feeling of a Superbowl win and a good win over an outstanding opponent.

I'm not kidding, I'm going to spin the losing score difference like I'm running for president and my opponent has video of me at a donkey show, snorting a Marion Berry line with two hookers a la Michael Irvin.

cowboys_rule
10-14-2007, 11:49 PM
once peyton gets done with the pats d they will soon realize that the colts are the best in the game i will never bet against number 18 he is to dam smart

Twitch-Houston
10-14-2007, 11:53 PM
once peyton gets done with the pats d they will soon realize that the colts are the best in the game i will never bet against number 18 he is to dam smart

I'll give you that. I'd take Payton over anyone at QB, but the Pats are pretty well rounded. As a whole they are better than anyone in the league right now. I picked the Superbowl to be Dallas and New England and I'll stick with that. I still doubt Dallas has enough to win it all though.

I called you a troll in another thread that I read before this. All you had to do was talk some football talk like you did here to avoid that.

ATX
10-14-2007, 11:57 PM
I'd take Brady over Manning any day, he's always been a better QB.

Brando
10-15-2007, 10:19 AM
Oh get me out of this hell.........I live in Corpus and this town is Cowboy country for the most part. (TexMexVato knows what I'm talking about) Thank God they lost tonight. The maintenance guy from our building would have been waiting for me when I got to work tomorrow had they won.

I don't know if you listen to 1230am here in Corpus but they said domestic abuse rises in CC when the Cowboys lose. I tried searching the internet for stats to back that up but no such luck. Anyway I thought that was kind of disturbing.........

Twitch-Houston
10-15-2007, 10:32 AM
I don't know if you listen to 1230am here in Corpus but they said domestic abuse rises in CC when the Cowboys lose. I tried searching the internet for stats to back that up but no such luck. Anyway I thought that was kind of disturbing.........

That is really disturbing. I have about a 10 minute drive to work and I actually listen to 610 from Houston for obvious reasons. All I ever hear about on the radio here is the Cowboys for football and the Spurs for basketball. Thank God they are Astros fans here so one out of three will have to do. Course if we didn't have the Hooks they would probably be Ranger fans. :gun:

Texan_Bill
10-15-2007, 10:34 AM
I don't get it.... Did some people actually think the Cowgurls really stood a chance??

HOU-TEX
10-15-2007, 10:43 AM
I don't get it.... Did some people actually think the Cowgurls really stood a chance??

Not I. I truly believe the Pats are going to steamroll all the way to the Bowl. They are unbelievably talented and well-coached.:cool:

HoustonFrog
10-15-2007, 10:51 AM

Yeah. Both teams really hadn't played anyone and the Cowboys were playing at home. Last year I heard the same b.s. about undefeated Indy when they came to Dallas and they had it handed to them. So yeah I did. I thought so when it was 24-21 Dallas. I think the score doesn't indicate how close it was. Dumb penalties and 3rd down conversions were key. The difference was Brady and the 3rd downs. At the beginning of the 4th Dallas was down by 7 and had 4th and 1 and got it and a holding took away the play. My only whine is that the Cowboys had the momentum in the 3rd and the refs called that b.s. interference call on Moss. That completely stopped any confidence the D had. Pats won and deserved to win but they have zero running game and at some point people will catch on. Stallworth needs to go to hell and coach Hoody needs a punch in the groin. Besides that I'm fine:shades:

WWJD
10-15-2007, 12:35 PM
The Cowboys made far too many penalties that hurt them..that's just dumb.

They looked much, much better than NE on the ground.

Brady had far too much time to throw and their receivers are too good to give him that much time.

Thatt was so DUMB of that Stallworth but hey you know what goes around comes around..he'll get his one day. You don't taunt handicapped people. That is just classless.

That last TD was a "in your face" TD..no need for Brady to even be in there and certainly no reason they couldn't just take a knee. Smiling Bill must have been pissed about something...that also has a way of coming back and biting one in the posterior and it will with the Pats as well. But it's the defense that should have made the stop and they didn't.

Marion Barber is darn tough.

The Pats are much better than the Cowboys but not 21 points better. I don't think that.

Anymore than I think the Jags are 20 points better than the Texans.

real
10-15-2007, 12:37 PM
They looked much, much better than NE on the ground.

Maroney has been out for 3 wks. I believe...

The1ApplePie
10-15-2007, 12:40 PM
Bellicheat was classless enough to run up the score to make them look better in the papers.

Can someone just bunch the guy after the game?

real
10-15-2007, 12:43 PM
Bad coaches ease up on the accelerator when their offense is rolling.

Sometimes keeping your foot on your oppnents neck is a good thing.

GoPats
10-15-2007, 01:03 PM
You guys really think Donte Stallworth knew that he was taunting handicapped kids? I watched the game and I didn't pick up on that. Standing on the field level looking up, he sees people from the mid-torso up. I mean, if he knew, that's incredibly classless... but do you really think he knew and had a "I think I'll taunt these poor handicapped kids on national TV" moment? I don't know. I'm just sayin'.

As for the game...

The difference between the 04/05 Colts or the 99/00 Rams, compared with the current Patriots, is defense. Those teams lit it up too, but couldn't stop anyone. Last night they weren't as rock-solid as usual but still only gave up about 280 yards to an offense that averages over 400. Take away 7 points on the Brady strip sack, and the 72-yard kickoff return that got Dallas a FG, and they essentially held them to 17 points. I'll take that. Dallas does have a good offense, and Marion Barber is a stud. That run in the end zone had to be the best 2-yard gain I've ever seen.

WWJD
10-15-2007, 01:04 PM
Bellicheat was classless enough to run up the score to make them look better in the papers.

Can someone just bunch the guy after the game?

I think I found out why he was pissed...Wade said something to Peter King about how the Pats championships were tainted (Wade claims he didn't phrase it exactly like that) and so I guess smiling Bill was pissed..he's prefer that the whole cheating thing go away apparently..gets very pissed if it's even mentioned in any context.

WWJD
10-15-2007, 01:08 PM
Bad coaches ease up on the accelerator when their offense is rolling.

Sometimes keeping your foot on your oppnents neck is a good thing.

"Sometimes" being the operative word here...they were ahead by 14 and Brady is still playing? That's just not very smart...particularly when they were on the Cowboys 2 yard line or whatever it was with less than a minute to play. They'd already won the game. It was over. The Cowboys should have stopped them sure but why risk that? The MVP of the league out there..dumb.