PDA

View Full Version : AJ not back for another month?

prostock101
10-13-2007, 12:18 PM
Now they're projecting Nov. 18th against NO? I think everyone was assuming he'd be back next week, but that is apparently not the case. Was his injury more than just a sprain?

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/fb/texansfront/5210648.html

Vinny
10-13-2007, 12:36 PM
This seems to be the way the Texans treat all their players injuries as how it pertains to disclosure to the fans...they don't come across as honest. One instance or two really bad projections seem to be an honest mistake, but this is really becoming a trend.

Brando
10-13-2007, 12:43 PM
Another month? That is disheartening. I guess I would rather take our time and make sure he is completely healed for down the stretch.

TheRealJoker
10-13-2007, 12:45 PM
Cant say im not suprised. The only thing that I can count on since this team's inception is the lack of truth in the injury reports.

It all started with Boselli and it appears to be continuing now with the AJ and Mathis situations.

houstonhurricane
10-13-2007, 01:01 PM
If true, that is pretty frustrating. I don't see the sense in hiding the severity of these injuries. It isn't like they are keeping the week's opponent "off guard."

Carr Bombed
10-13-2007, 01:12 PM
If true, that is pretty frustrating. I don't see the sense in hiding the severity of these injuries. It isn't like they are keeping the week's opponent "off guard."

All it does is make them look like they don't know what the hell they're doing (especially with how Mathis' injury went) and incompetent.

ArlingtonTexan
10-13-2007, 01:16 PM

I am more scared that is misreading severity than lack of truthfulness.

Carr Bombed
10-13-2007, 01:25 PM
If the Texans are looking like they aren't going to make the playoffs they might as well just go ahead and IR him. I don't want anything leaking over into next season.

CloakNNNdagger
10-13-2007, 01:53 PM
This may be a good time to review my posts (#44, 49, 69 and 70) in the thread ANDRE JOHNSON EXPECTED TO BE OUT 5 WEEKS (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=42428)

Hervoyel
10-13-2007, 02:10 PM
I will not be shocked to learn in another two weeks that AJ will need season-ending knee surgery or something along those lines. The Texans front office just unnecessarily lies to us every single time a player is injured. I find it frustrating and distasteful that they do this.

Vinny
10-13-2007, 02:13 PM
This may be a good time to review my posts (#44, 49, 69 and 70) in the thread ANDRE JOHNSON EXPECTED TO BE OUT 5 WEEKS (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=42428) astute as usual Cloak.

GuerillaBlack
10-13-2007, 03:14 PM
Damn, that sucks. Couldn't Matt Schaub just have gotten sacked on that play where he threw it to AJ and AJ got injured?

Overalls
10-13-2007, 03:30 PM
Cant say im not suprised. The only thing that I can count on since this team's inception is the lack of truth in the injury reports.

It all started with Boselli and it appears to be continuing now with the AJ and Mathis situations.

Don't forget DD/W and maybe Spencer.

GuerillaBlack
10-13-2007, 03:50 PM
How similar are AJ's and DW's injuries?

TheIronDuke
10-13-2007, 04:00 PM
How similar are AJ's and DW's injuries?

IIRC, DW had a degenerative knee condition and he refused to have any more operations done that really might have prolonged his career.

AJ just has a sprain/strain. The Texans are saying that he's running now but that might just be smoke and mirrors as well.

TheRealJoker
10-13-2007, 04:14 PM
Don't forget DD/W and maybe Spencer.

I left out all the stuff in between so I wouldn't have to type a book ;)

Marcus
10-13-2007, 04:21 PM
This may be a good time to review my posts (#44, 49, 69 and 70) in the thread ANDRE JOHNSON EXPECTED TO BE OUT 5 WEEKS (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=42428)

I would just like to know what were the results of the MRI, that's all. A radiologist examines the scans, and types a report based upon his findings. I've had an MRI with contrast done recently. That is the procedure.

MRI results are pretty cut and dried, one way or the other. The Texans are not revealing what the results were.

Why?

Other than satisfying your curiosity, what good is it going to do for them to tell us to what degree the ligament was strained and other medical minutia?

What good would it do to not to? Why not just release the info, and allow us to have a better idea of what is going on? Why give the 'perception' that you're stringing people along?

Yea I'm aware of the situation with Boselli and Domanick Williams. Then again, coaches and PR rep's aren't exactly doctors so you have to take their medical prognoses with a grain of salt. I'm not saying don't be skeptical about the date of Andre's return, I'm asking why be so critical of the Texans organization for not faxing us all a copy of Andre's MRI?

I dunno . . . maybe because I feel a little insulted that they feel I can't handle the truth. :(

NitroGSXR
10-13-2007, 04:29 PM
What good would it do to not to? Why not just release the info, and allow us to have a better idea of what is going on? Why give the 'perception' that you're stringing people along?

I dunno . . . maybe because I feel a little insulted that they feel I can't handle the truth. :(
Maybe they're not trying to string the fans along but more of trying to string opposing teams along? Every team has to prepare for Andre Johnson and the Houston Texans. With Andre out, they just have to prepare just for the Houston Texans.

Then again, if it were to be an option of purchasing tickets, I'd want to try and purchase the Texans game with Andre in it rather than the one where he's injured.

I guess I can see both scenarios to be feastible ones. They know what they're doing.

GuerillaBlack
10-13-2007, 04:47 PM
I just hope that hit wasn't season ending.

edo783
10-13-2007, 06:00 PM
Not looking very good is it folks? Anyone want to wager the odds that some sort of surgery is in AJs near term future? If he isn't back by game 8 and it's still a problem, I suspect that they will be more aggresive about getting him ready for next year as early as possible. If that all goes down, it will suck big time.

Hardcore Texan
10-13-2007, 07:56 PM
This sucks hard. He was injured on an insignificant play during garbage time and now we have to go another month without our best weapon.

At least Davis has stepped up nicely, Walter is playing well also, and hopefully Jacoby really does make it back.

What's going on with Mathis and his injury?

gary
10-13-2007, 08:08 PM
Mathis is OUT for the rest of the season.

The Pencil Neck
10-13-2007, 08:25 PM

Dude.

I hate to break it to you but Mathis is IR'd.

Marcus
10-13-2007, 08:35 PM

Someone hasn't been doing his homework.:gun:

NitroGSXR
10-13-2007, 08:53 PM
This sucks hard. He was injured on an insignificant play during garbage time and now we have to go another month without our best weapon.

At least Davis has stepped up nicely, Walter is playing well also, and hopefully Jacoby really does make it back.

Man, I thought you were a Hardcore Texan?!?!?

Vinnie
10-13-2007, 09:30 PM
Davis has definitely eased the pain a little since the loss of Johnson. Wish we could say the same for the Dayne Train. I dedicate this next beer to keeping Ahman healthy and productive tomorrow! :texflag:

Fox
10-13-2007, 09:51 PM

I bet you feel a little insulted that the US faked the moon landing as well. And that we're still hiding all of those UFO's at area 51.

Just because Dale Robertson is speculating an additional month of recovery with absolutely no evidence provided to back it up doesn't mean it's true if that's not obvious enough. Where did he get his MD again?

Seriously, all the conspiracy theorists are laughable. Here's a newsflash, even knowing Andre's exact diagnosis, reviewed by Dr. Andrews himself, would not give you an exact timetable for a return. Everyone's injury will be slightly different, and everyone's body is going to respond differently to said injury. Add to that some people will play with more discomfort than others and you shouldn't have too much of a problem seeing why it's very difficult to predict how long it will take a player to return from a serious injury. Not only would 99% of Texans fans not be able to decipher a highly specific diagnosis, or care for that matter, but it wouldn't allow them to put any different timetable on his return than we've already been given even if they could understand it.

As of Wednesday Coach Kubiak, who is not a doctor but talks to the team trainers and Andre daily, said:
(on the status of WR Andre Johnson) “You know, Andre (Johnson) ran today. He was out here right before practice and did a bunch of running. He’s made a lot of progress. I think we’re very, very encouraged in what we are seeing. I think as far as this week goes, he would still be very, very doubtful, but I think we were right on schedule with what we were thinking. Hopefully, next week we’re looking at getting him back.”

I feel Kubes has been very honest and upfront with Andre's status and has given us no reason to doubt him. Why throw out a "smokescreen"? So opposing teams a few weeks down the road can start preparing for his comeback? He said they expected it to take 2-5 weeks at the onset of the injury, this is the fourth week. If he's off a week or two and it takes Andre 6 weeks instead of 5 you can crucify him for not having a crystal ball.

If they do more tests and update Andre's status to having a torn ligament and being out for the season, I'll eat my crow on this and not be very happy with the Texans medical staff but I think it's ridiculous to assert that Coach Kubiak and even Andre himself are feeding us a line. The Texans aren't stringing us along, Andre's recovery is stringing us along.

beerlover
10-13-2007, 10:00 PM
I believe they are just being very cautious & protecting their investment :vinny:

Marcus
10-13-2007, 10:23 PM
I feel Kubes has been very honest and upfront with Andre's status and has given us no reason to doubt him. Why throw out a "smokescreen"? So opposing teams a few weeks down the road can start preparing for his comeback? He said they expected it to take 2-5 weeks at the onset of the injury, this is the fourth week. If he's off a week or two and it takes Andre 6 weeks instead of 5 you can crucify him for not having a crystal ball.

If they do more tests and update Andre's status to having a torn ligament and being out for the season, I'll eat my crow on this and not be very happy with the Texans medical staff but I think it's ridiculous to assert that Coach Kubiak and even Andre himself are feeding us a line. The Texans aren't stringing us along, Andre's recovery is stringing us along.

Well, I hope you're right, Fox. I want AJ back on the field more than anything. But I can't hide my suspicion that they're not telling us everything.

Leahmic223
10-13-2007, 11:22 PM
Sounds like speculation from the Article and not fact. A Knee Sprain is a Knee Sprain and this shouldn't be major, unless our doctors didn't do a good job of diagnosing the problem than maybe its time to get new ones. I hope he returns for the Tennesse game so we can blow dem suckas out of the water.

b0ng
10-13-2007, 11:34 PM
Is it bad that I want to put out a hit on Ken Lucas after reading that article?

The Pencil Neck
10-14-2007, 03:12 AM
Well, I hope you're right, Fox. I want AJ back on the field more than anything. But I can't hide my suspicion that they're not telling us everything.

Well. You know... personally... I don't care if they're flat out lying to us or not. Why should they tell us exactly when people are going to be healthy and exactly what their injuries are? I kinda prefer them lying to us.

I hope AJ is fine. And I hope he's back soon.

But... I'm not going to listen to anything anyone says about how good he feels or how healthy he thinks he is. I'll believe he's back when I seem him lining up and running at full speed and taking hits and playing like he always has.

I mean, can you imagine going into battle and before the battle telling the enemy where your forces are and how strong they are? I don't even really understand the point of the press asking the questions to begin with.

hollywood_texan
10-14-2007, 03:59 AM
This just seems strange...

If AJ needs surgery, you get it done as soon as possible due to recovery time. What is the point in waiting around?

It just amazes me the road blocks put in front of our Franchise.

Sometimes, you just gotta let it go...

We are so due to have things go our way...

Oh well, I am going to drink another beer....

At least my 800 didn't crap out tonight, been having problems with it for the last month or so.

Good night everyone...

Leahmic223
10-14-2007, 11:51 AM
Well. You know... personally... I don't care if they're flat out lying to us or not. Why should they tell us exactly when people are going to be healthy and exactly what their injuries are? I kinda prefer them lying to us.

I hope AJ is fine. And I hope he's back soon.

But... I'm not going to listen to anything anyone says about how good he feels or how healthy he thinks he is. I'll believe he's back when I seem him lining up and running at full speed and taking hits and playing like he always has.

I mean, can you imagine going into battle and before the battle telling the enemy where your forces are and how strong they are? I don't even really understand the point of the press asking the questions to begin with.

He'll be ready when he is, as for the article it sounds like mere speculation.

As another poster mentioned earlier, the last official word from Kubes was that things were looking very very good. The article quoted no one, and just said don't be suprised if he's not back next week.

Also there are many coaches who play around with their injury report for the reason you mentioned above.

prostock101
10-14-2007, 12:21 PM
I couldn't find the link, but didn't Kubiak report that AJ was looking better and was out running and didn't he intimate that he may be ready next week? Not sure how Robertson got his information but he didn't quote anyone.

Thorn
10-14-2007, 12:37 PM
I bet you feel a little insulted that the US faked the moon landing as well. And that we're still hiding all of those UFO's at area 51.

Don't you watch Star Trek? Where do you think we got velcro from? http://www.trekbbs.com/threads/images/graemlins/LOLRomulan.gif

Leahmic223
10-14-2007, 05:34 PM
We need him back. We are a under .500 team without him and I bet we leave with more than 6 points after 4 trips to the redzone with him just in there.

Walter showed up and played today, but Andre is just a plain weapon man, and when he had a actual QB throwing to him he was a top 5 receiver and finally he was being mentioned with the other elite WRs.

RamRod
10-14-2007, 05:41 PM
during the game steve tasker said he talked to andre.take it for whats it worth but he said he felt a lot better then he did wednsday and he will try to start running routes this week.did anybody else notice this?

bah007
10-14-2007, 05:43 PM
during the game steve tasker said he talked to andre.take it for whats it worth but he said he felt a lot better then he did wednsday and he will try to start running routes this week.did anybody else notice this?

no.

Leahmic223
10-14-2007, 05:43 PM
I noticed one thing...Andre was all alone on the sideline and he looked pissed.

Titans are going to have to pay for this...someone does, too bad it isn't that Lucas guy.

PapaL
10-14-2007, 05:44 PM
Uh, when about did you hear this? When the game was close and towards the end? I think most of us zoned out sometime in the 3rd/early 4th.

alphajoker
10-14-2007, 05:46 PM

I know I heard him say something about talking with Andre and that he's running but just not making any cuts yet. I think I also heard him say that he was playing next week. Not sure about that, but I guess we'll see.

Marcus
10-14-2007, 05:48 PM
I don't think A.J. will be 100% for the Titans game, and therefore, he shouldn't play.

Brandon420tx
10-14-2007, 05:48 PM
I noticed one thing...Andre was all alone on the sideline and he looked pissed.

Titans are going to have to pay for this...someone does, too bad it isn't that Lucas guy.

Lucas was not the DB that injured Andre, it was Chris Harris, the same guy who injured Carnell Williams.

gjmac2
10-14-2007, 05:50 PM
I know one thing...

A.J. or no A.J., if the Texans do not play better than they did today, next weeks game will be a lot like this one today.

Anyone who doesn't think the Titans are going to come in and play smash-mouth, physical football is nuts.

Twitch-Houston
10-14-2007, 05:53 PM
How bad is Vince's leg injury? Would be nice not to see him on the field next week. He's interception prone which is good, but he's also their leader who gets things done. We'll need all the help we can get if we're going to play like we did today.

RamRod
10-14-2007, 05:56 PM
Uh, when about did you hear this? When the game was close and towards the end? I think most of us zoned out sometime in the 3rd/early 4th.

i dont know.and im not gonna watch it again.this one falls into the delete now category.

Fox
10-14-2007, 05:58 PM
I don't think A.J. will be 100% for the Titans game, and therefore, he shouldn't play.

How often do you think any football player is truly 100% when they step on the field during the course of a 16 game season?

Leahmic223
10-14-2007, 06:02 PM
Lucas was not the DB that injured Andre, it was Chris Harris, the same guy who injured Carnell Williams.

Well whenever Andre comes back someone has to pay for this. I saw him on the sideline, no one was near him, he held his towel tight around his neck and it looked like he was thinking. "Man if I was in this game..."

I mean he looked like he was calm in the other games, but his face looked intense lol. He looked mad because he couldn't do anything to help those guys out, and I remember watching a interview before the season and he was talking about losing so much and he said something like "Sometimes I wonder if its ever going to change." or something like that.

Next week we have to bring it. You saw those guys faces during this loss?

That one TD Dunta gave up in the corner he was pissed, Matt Schaub didn't want to show himself...these guys have to know next week that if you lose this game next week... it will be horrible.

Because first of all...you'll be losing the game to VY and then secondly you'll be below .500 again looking to get out. We are still very much in it, but I feel like the momentum of the season can be grabbed again if he comes back next week and we win.

*EDIT*

I was actually glad to see Schaub so hard on himself today after the loss. Because we had a previous QB who always had a smile on his face win or lose, its good to see down on himself after getting embarrassed like that.

D-ReK
10-14-2007, 06:03 PM
The announcers mentioned multiple times during the game that Andre "should" be ready for the game next week.

Brandon420tx
10-14-2007, 06:04 PM
Well whenever Andre comes back someone has to pay for this. I saw him on the sideline, no one was near him, he held his towel tight around his neck and it looked like he was thinking. "Man if I was in this game..."

I mean he looked like he was calm in the other games, but his face looked intense lol. He looked mad because he couldn't do anything to help those guys out, and I remember watching a interview before the season and he was talking about losing so much and he said something like "Sometimes I wonder if its ever going to change." or something like that.

Next week we have to bring it. You saw those guys faces during this loss?

That one TD Dunta gave up in the corner he was pissed, Matt Schaub didn't want to show himself...these guys have to know next week that if you lose this game next week... it will be horrible.

Because first of all...you'll be losing the game to VY and then secondly you'll be below .500 again looking to get out. We are still very much in it, but I feel like the momentum of the season can be grabbed again if he comes back next week and we win.

Good post, and I agree, our leaders on the team looked really pissed about losing.

We're still 10 games away from being 13-3.:perfect10:

Leahmic223
10-14-2007, 06:23 PM
Good post, and I agree, our leaders on the team looked really pissed about losing.

We're still 10 games away from being 13-3.:perfect10:

Oh we are still very much in it man I still have hope :texflag:

You think about it... We beat the Titans and they are 3-3 and we move ahead of them 4-3.

I just want to see how much things change when Andre is in there...because this looked like a completely different team with him in there.

I am not even going to blame the Defense too much...they kept us in it for as long as they could. Too bad the offense couldn't put points on the board to make it easier for them. I mean they forced Turnovers, and they hung in there. If it wasn't for a few penalties that kept their offense on the field, maybe we would have had a better chance.

alphajoker
10-14-2007, 06:35 PM
I am not even going to blame the Defense too much...they kept us in it for as long as they could. Too bad the offense couldn't put points on the board to make it easier for them. I mean they forced Turnovers, and they hung in there. If it wasn't for a few penalties that kept their offense on the field, maybe we would have had a better chance.

I can't blame the Defense too much either. The Defense gave the Offense lots of opportunities to score a TD and the Offense choked once again. The only good from that is that I have Brown on my FF team, but I would rather have the TD. They were on the field way too long today.

Brandon420tx
10-14-2007, 06:37 PM
I'd rather Kris Brown get me 9 points off of XPs then field goals on my fantasy team.

Leahmic223
10-14-2007, 06:39 PM
I'd rather Kris Brown get me 9 points off of XPs then field goals on my fantasy team.

I'd rather my Fantasy team lose every week if it meant the Texans would win. I know some people...some loyal fans who cheer for their fantasy guys first over their team...that's never me.

I have a hard time starting guys playing against the Texans and I RARELY do it no matter how bad we suck.

Brandon420tx
10-14-2007, 06:43 PM
I'd rather my Fantasy team lose every week if it meant the Texans would win. I know some people...some loyal fans who cheer for their fantasy guys first over their team...that's never me.

I have a hard time starting guys playing against the Texans and I RARELY do it no matter how bad we suck.

Do what I do, NEVER draft or pick up division rivals, and play the waiver wire FA really well so you never have to have that decision, also, study the schedule before you draft, pick big time players from teams we won't be playing this year (Like Moss, Fitzgerald, Gore, etc)I have yet to play a player facing the texans this year (Except Ronnie Brown). I need to quit my homerism and bench the Texans Defense for once :(

and, I'm looking forward to starting AJ again next week.

Leahmic223
10-14-2007, 06:59 PM
Do what I do, NEVER draft or pick up division rivals, and play the waiver wire FA really well so you never have to have that decision, I have yet to play a player facing the texans this year. I need to quit my homerism and bench the Texans Defense for once :(

and, I'm looking forward to starting AJ again next week.

I don't have many division rivals...outside of Harrison...none. Harrison and the Jags defense alongside the Texans defense. Its the other guys, like I have L.T
and other guys from other teams, sometimes I am forced to play them because another guy might have a bye, but I still hope he does horrible.

Also its easier to make that decision when you are 1-5 or something. Lol I also play the Texans Defense every week...at the start of the season I looked like a genius because they were producing and of course no one picked them up.

I just know some really loyal fans who cheer for fantasy first. They don't care if Tomlinson is against their team, as long as he has a big day first and their team finds a way to win, I always laugh at them and get on some of the guys I know that are like that.

jaayteetx
10-14-2007, 09:37 PM
I know there has been a lot of talk about the receivers stepping up in Andre's absence and for the most part they have, but the only stat that matters since AJ's injury is 1-3. I can't wait for him to come back, got a feeling all those FGs are going to start turning into TDs! Not only does he score himself, he frees others in the red zone as well.

RTP2110
10-14-2007, 10:29 PM
Like D-Rek said, the announcers mentioned 2 or 3 times during the game that AJ would likely play next week. How much do they really know? I don't know, but that is what they said.

Andrew6
10-14-2007, 10:54 PM
Oh we are still very much in it man I still have hope :texflag:

You think about it... We beat the Titans and they are 3-3 and we move ahead of them 4-3.

I just want to see how much things change when Andre is in there...because this looked like a completely different team with him in there.

yeah

mexican_texan
10-14-2007, 11:50 PM
During the game, they mentioned that AJ was sprinting, but still wasn't cutting, or in other words, he hasn't been able to plant his foot yet.

bckey
10-15-2007, 01:01 AM
AJ isn't going to play next week. We will be lucky if he plays again this year. The Texans lie big time when it comes to injuries.

ATX
10-15-2007, 01:07 AM
AJ isn't going to play next week. We will be lucky if he plays again this year. The Texans lie big time when it comes to injuries.

I don't think his injury is season ending.

Specnatz
10-15-2007, 02:26 AM

A lot of teams lie about injuries, I know we would all like to know the real status of each player but that would also give the opposing teams the knowledge and they would be able to game plan better.

As long as the team knows the full extent of an injury and are not misdiagnosing said injuries, while it bothers me it does not upset me.

:texflag:

HOU-TEX
10-15-2007, 10:19 AM
John McLame was on 610 this morning saying that AJ would be lucky to make it back by the Charger game. He said he'd likely make it back by the Raider game.

Either way, AJ's absence isn't the problem right now. The lack of a running game and poor defense should be the main objective in practice.

And for the love of Paul, take the defense out of Richard Smith's hands and start being aggressive on play calls.:cowboy1:

Hook'er
10-15-2007, 11:02 PM
Fingers crossed.............sounds like he might play this week?

Vinny
10-15-2007, 11:21 PM
John McLame was on 610 this morning saying that AJ would be lucky to make it back by the Charger game. He said he'd likely make it back by the Raider game.

Either way, AJ's absence isn't the problem right now. The lack of a running game and poor defense should be the main objective in practice.

And for the love of Paul, take the defense out of Richard Smith's hands and start being aggressive on play calls.:cowboy1:
I'm very curious as to why the Chronicle keeps telling the fans that we should expect such a late date when the Texans seem to be telling us the exact opposite? John McClain and Dale Robertson (http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/fb/texansfront/5210648.html) both have mentioned that we should not expect AJ to return till later in the last few days.

Runner
10-15-2007, 11:33 PM
I'm very curious as to why the Chronicle keeps telling the fans that we should expect such a late date when the Texans seem to be telling us the exact opposite? John McClain and Dale Robertson (http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/fb/texansfront/5210648.html) both have mentioned that we should not expect AJ to return till later in the last few days.

I hope the press isn't getting independent and reporting the truth rather than what the Texans want them to report. I want Andre on the field this week!

It couldn't be that the coaches have rose colored glasses on, could it? For instance, did they really believe that Spencer might be ready for camp even when casual observers didn't see that having any chance of happening at all? Same with Davis and now Johnson. I can't make myself believe that.

Injury reports have been weird since Kubiak arrived.

Vinny
10-16-2007, 01:31 AM
Here is a 3rd Chronicle reporter stating the same thing per KFFL...

Texans | A. Johnson OUT for Week 7
Mon, 15 Oct 2007 17:03:35 -0700

Megan Manfull, of the Houston Chronicle, reports Houston Texans WR Andre Johnson (knee) is not going to play Week 7. He could be another two weeks away from returning.

http://www.kffl.com/hotw/nfl

Leahmic223
10-16-2007, 01:49 AM
Here is a 3rd Chronicle reporter stating the same thing per KFFL...

http://www.kffl.com/hotw/nfl

Man WTF?

Where are they getting this from...did the Texans practice at night or something?

How could Kubiak tell us that he's hopeful he's going to play the next game, and even say they were going to try him out tommorrow(today) and that we will know more WEDNESDAY and yet the Chron is so set on him being out for another 2 weeks. What the hell is going on?

GuerillaBlack
10-16-2007, 07:04 AM
Man WTF?

Where are they getting this from...did the Texans practice at night or something?

How could Kubiak tell us that he's hopeful he's going to play the next game, and even say they were going to try him out tommorrow(today) and that we will know more WEDNESDAY and yet the Chron is so set on him being out for another 2 weeks. What the hell is going on?

Well, it is the Chron...

SheTexan
10-16-2007, 07:47 AM
Megan Manfull is a terrible reporter. She must get most of her stuff off the internet, or from John, Dale, or Richards waste basket. Most of the stuff she writes is old news, except when she writes about a personal interview.

I just wish someone would make up their mind about AJ. He's killing my FF team right now!!:bat:

Marcus
10-16-2007, 09:14 AM

I just wish someone would make up their mind about AJ. He's killing my FF team right now!!:bat:

Oh, you poor baby! :rolleyes:

Specnatz
10-16-2007, 01:32 PM
Megan Manfull is a terrible reporter. She must get most of her stuff off the internet, or from John, Dale, or Richards waste basket. Most of the stuff she writes is old news, except when she writes about a personal interview.

Thank God I have Moss and Welker on mine as well as AJ so I am not doing so bad.

nunusguy
10-16-2007, 02:00 PM
I mean he looked like he was calm in the other games, but his face looked intense lol. He looked mad because he couldn't do anything to help those guys out

I dunno, but if you can glean all of that from AJs facial expession, I gotta say you have an amazingly active imagination because AJ is about the least animated player I've ever seen.

The Dream
10-16-2007, 02:01 PM
this really blows................get well soon Andre.

V Man
10-16-2007, 03:15 PM
They keep moving his return back. Am I almost to the point where they say he is done for the season and get it over with. Getting tired of getting my hopes up for his return every week. (and on the glass half full side, the less he plays the better our pick in the draft will be.)

Leahmic223
10-16-2007, 07:50 PM
I dunno, but if you can glean all of that from AJs facial expession, I gotta say you have an amazingly active imagination because AJ is about the least animated player I've ever seen.

Yeah I call him a robot.

But he looked mad on the sideline for that game, either that or severely disappointed. Those guys were embarrassed out there.

awtysst
10-16-2007, 11:29 PM

Thats it?! He is killing ALL 3 of my FF teams right now!!!

The Pencil Neck
10-17-2007, 12:44 AM
Thats it?! He is killing ALL 3 of my FF teams right now!!!

Well, luckily, I've got Brian Westbrook and Adrian Peterson picking up the slack.

My Ahman Green pick has been hurting me, though.

SheTexan
10-17-2007, 07:05 AM
Thank God I have Moss and Welker on mine as well as AJ so I am not doing so bad.

I really can't blame AJ though. I also have Harrison and Boldin! EEKS! My WRs went down fast and hard. I also lost Addai. Regardless, I am 5-1, thanks to A Peterson and K. Brown.

I hope AJ will be back this week. Not because of FF, but because he is a TEXAN through and through, and will help get our guys out of their funk. We need him!!

infantrycak
10-17-2007, 04:34 PM
Kubiak just reported AJ did not practice with the team today but ran more including cutting but is still day to day.

HoustonFrog
10-17-2007, 05:08 PM
Kubiak just reported AJ did not practice with the team today but ran more including cutting but is still day to day.

This is looking like another week out. Just a cautious tone

GuerillaBlack
10-17-2007, 05:10 PM

Another week it seems...

Double Barrel
10-17-2007, 05:20 PM
It's going to be half a season when it's all said and done...if not longer. :(

TEXANS84
10-17-2007, 05:32 PM
Cutting was the main concern with AJ, good at least to see that he's somewhat able to.

Brando
10-17-2007, 05:36 PM
This really sucks. We finally have a real NFL QB to get AJ the ball, he gets injured and misses a majority of the season. Very frustrating.........

GuerillaBlack
10-17-2007, 05:40 PM
How many games as AJ really missed? Four (Indy, Atlanta, Miami, Jax)? That isn't the majority of the season.

Double Barrel
10-17-2007, 05:42 PM
How many games as AJ really missed? Four (Indy, Atlanta, Miami, Jax)? That isn't the majority of the season.

IF the Texans are being honest with us (and that's a big 'if'...seriously, look at it, it's really big).

They have had a history of being less than forthcoming about injuries. My take is that they are scared it could hurt ticket sales. JMO.

stevn8r
10-17-2007, 05:47 PM
Man, I was really hoping for Sunday! Well I will be starting Andre Davis for fantasy! I really belive he will get in the EndZone!

I wonder how much, if any, rust will show on AJ upon his return.
idonno:

Shaft75
10-17-2007, 06:07 PM
So we are for sure that he won't be back for this week?

Leahmic223
10-17-2007, 06:15 PM
Eh, I don't know why everyone is so pessimestic lol I understand not getting hopes up and all but he never said he was out or even close to it. According to Kubes, AJ did cutting at full speed he didn't practice with any of the guys TODAY but that doesn't mean for sure he won't play until they say so.

That is the way I see it. Playing fantasy a lot of guys on the injury list sound like they are not going to play(Mainly because the coaches know its a advantage to make the other coach worry about it) and then end up playing and it kills me some time trying to guess it. so of course Kubiak is never going to say "He's going to play." most of the time its going to be "I hope he's able to play" or "I'm not ready to say yet." Especially with a game changer as big as Andre, if it was a guy like D.Anderson he might be more frank with it.

(on the chances that WR Andre Johnson will play Sunday) “I have a hard time telling you that today. Everything is so good; the rehab process and everything he’s doing is so positive, but ya’ll know as well as I do until you step out here on the field and do it, it’s hard to make that call. I would say, let’s wait and see to tomorrow, let’s see if he does get some plays in with the team. You know, he looked pretty close to full speed, so we’ll see.”

(on WR Andre Johnson’s status) “He ran again today. He did more cutting and those type of things. He still did not work with the football team, so we’ll see. I think he’s day-to-day and he’s just waiting any day for us to turn him loose with the guys as far as getting involved in the football part of it, but he’s running at full speed and cutting at full speed. We’ll just have to make the best decision for him, but he’ll be day-to-day.”

So I'll just cross my fingers. If he's running at full speed and cutting it sounds like the only question is is if he can take a hit. Sounds like he'll be a gametime decision.

76Texan
10-17-2007, 06:28 PM
We have enough fire and weapons to flame the meatballs.

It would be nice to see AJ on the field, but our guys have his back.

Overalls
10-17-2007, 08:26 PM
IF the Texans are being honest with us (and that's a big 'if'...seriously, look at it, it's really big).

They have had a history of being less than forthcoming about injuries. My take is that they are scared it could hurt ticket sales. JMO.

How could it hurt ticket sales in a sale out?

False Start
10-17-2007, 09:19 PM
This thing with AJ has me worried . We need him back ASAP . With the way Andre Davis has been playing (except for the dumass play last week) , and Kevin Walter is looking better every game IMO , we could have us a mean trio of receivers .

GuerillaBlack
10-17-2007, 09:23 PM
If Jacoby starts next week too, it wouldn't be so bad.

False Start
10-17-2007, 09:31 PM
If Jacoby starts next week too, it wouldn't be so bad.

Wow I forgot about him . Thats even better . We could have a set of receivers that rival the old Oilers squads from the late 80s and early 90s IMO . :texflag:

Brando
10-17-2007, 09:58 PM

Well the way it's looking it will be a majority. 4 games plus maybe this week and next. He had a great start and with a legit QB he was in All-Pro form. Don't worry about me, I'm just venting.:cool:

Texans_Chick
10-18-2007, 11:01 AM
Here's the latest, most specific information from Megan Manfull (http://blogs.chron.com/gamedaytexans/2007/10/andre_johnson_better_but_still.html):

Andre Johnson said he remains frustrated at how long his rehabilitation is taking. For the first week or two after the injury, Johnson used to walk into the locker room in his immobilizer saying, "I might play this week." He could hardly bend his knee and everyone knew he wasn't going to go.

Those jokes have since stopped. Johnson had no idea it was going to take him more than a month to get back on the field.

"There's nothing funny about it anymore," he said.

Johnson said he was told by Dr. Walter Lowe that rehabilitation on an injury as serious as his takes about six weeks. Johnson just completed four weeks, which means Johnson will likely miss at least two more weeks. Then the Texans have to decide if they bring him out against Oakland or allow him to rest through the bye week and return against the New Orleans Saints, when he would have even more time to rehab.

Johnson still doesn't have his full range of motion. His leg breaks down after he runs for awhile.

"I was just joking around about if I could just go home and cut my leg off and get a new one," Johnson said. "It's real aggravating. I'm just doing whatever I need to do to get on the field.

"I wish I could say in a week or two I'll be back on the field. But I can't say that. ... After I run for so long, it gets pretty weak. I'm still in that stage of getting my strength back. I'm still working on my range of motion."

With how much Johnson means to this team, there is no reason the Texans should rush him back. The rest of the receivers have grown into a solid group, offering plenty of targets for quarterback Matt Schaub.

TEXANS84
10-18-2007, 11:05 AM
Well, that about seals the book. No risk returning him this soon if the injury is bothering him that bad.

Give him the bye week and lets see him fresh against NO.

Double Barrel
10-18-2007, 11:05 AM
How could it hurt ticket sales in a sale out?

The Texans make a lot of money off of concessions. You and I both know that paid attendance does not equal actual attendance. If people are not showing up, then money is not being made from those unused seats. If the fickle fans of Houston do not think we have a chance to win, then many will not show up at the game.

It always cracks me up when they flash Paid Attendance 70,972 across the big screen, but you look around and at least a third of the seats stay empty all game.

HoustonFrog
10-18-2007, 11:11 AM
Here's the latest, most specific information from Megan Manfull (http://blogs.chron.com/gamedaytexans/2007/10/andre_johnson_better_but_still.html):

I'm not sounding negative but this is the type of thing where, depending on how the team is doing, they could shut him down for a while. It just sounds like unless he lets it completely rest it will give him fits throughout the year. I'd hate to see him turn into the receiver that is always week to week and who plays a half and has to take himself out. Disappointing. Again, depending how the team is doing, I can see them saying he is out for alot longer.

Thanks for the report TC

Leahmic223
10-18-2007, 03:01 PM
Well, that about seals the book. No risk returning him this soon if the injury is bothering him that bad.

Give him the bye week and lets see him fresh against NO.

Yep pretty much..I wonder why Kubiak said earlier in the week though that he was hopeful he was going to be able to play, yet now AJ sounds like he doesn't know when he can come back.

By the time he comes back, i'm sorry it may be too late. We are probably a 6-7 win team without him it sucks that we finally have a QB to throw him the ball and now he's hurt...sounds like our luck.

Vinny
10-18-2007, 03:04 PM
so, is it sad that the Chronicle reported this right the whole time while the Texans just kind of told us what we wanted to hear? The Chronicle reporters were pretty much point blank telling us he wouldn't be back as soon as the Texans were inferring.

Vinny
10-18-2007, 03:08 PM
my question is why did the Texans keep telling us that they think he will play when their Doctor pretty much told Johnson that he would miss nearly half the season?Johnson said he was told by Dr. Walter Lowe that rehabilitation on an injury as serious as his takes about six weeks. Johnson just completed four weeks, which means Johnson will likely miss at least two more weeks.

gwallaia
10-18-2007, 03:08 PM
Continue to step up please Mr. Walter. :)

Texan_Bill
10-18-2007, 03:09 PM
The Texans make a lot of money off of concessions. You and I both know that paid attendance does not equal actual attendance. If people are not showing up, then money is not being made from those unused seats. If the fickle fans of Houston do not think we have a chance to win, then many will not show up at the game.

It always cracks me up when they flash Paid Attendance 70,972 across the big screen, but you look around and at least a third of the seats stay empty all game.

You need to drink more during the tailgate. By the time I get to my seats, the Stadium looks like there is about 140,000 people.... :cowboy1:

HoustonFrog
10-18-2007, 03:10 PM
Yep pretty much..I wonder why Kubiak said earlier in the week though that he was hopeful he was going to be able to play, yet now AJ sounds like he doesn't know when he can come back.

By the time he comes back, i'm sorry it may be too late. We are probably a 6-7 win team without him it sucks that we finally have a QB to throw him the ball and now he's hurt...sounds like our luck.

And that is my fear or concern or however you want to put it. I was hoping for .500 with maybe a leap, after seeing Week 1 and 2 to 9-7. It was best case scenario. I am not saying the other receivers can't make strides and get it done but it is purely a talent thing. If we hit a point and aren't hitting the above marks or are having troubles, why not let him rehab out the year?There is part of me that thinks it might be in the back of their head since they haven't been forthright so far.

HoustonFrog
10-18-2007, 03:10 PM
You need to drink more during the tailgate. By the time I get to my seats, the Stadium looks like there is about 140,000 people.... :cowboy1:

Now THAT is funny!!

GuerillaBlack
10-18-2007, 03:19 PM
If we had a better running game, and our D steps up, then AJ being gone would hurt us so much. Two bad those two things I mentioned hasn't happened for us yet.

76Texan
10-18-2007, 03:32 PM
I thought Texans TV has the same thing in an interview with AJ that they put up today. Basically he was saying that the Doc says 4-6 weeks, and that means two more weeks. But as of right now he's just taking it day by day. (After he talked to the doc last Sat.)

It could be a cat and mouse game, and we just can know for sure.???

Texans Horror
10-18-2007, 03:32 PM
It's the responsibility of those receivers to help make touchdowns, though. The Texans are clearly moving the ball down the field. They do it with Schaub hitting his receivers. That the receivers clam up in the red zone is not the fault of the defense.

Walter and Davis are doing really well, better than I ever anticipated. I used to think that without AJ, the team was totally screwed. But that was when you had one-target Carr. Schaub does a great job of getting the ball to these guys, and they are making some outstanding plays. Given some time, I think the scores will start to come. It's something that just has to click, and it hasn't clicked yet. Once it does, the Texans will become very competitive.

Texans_Chick
10-18-2007, 04:00 PM
my question is why did the Texans keep telling us that they think he will play when their Doctor pretty much told Johnson that he would miss nearly half the season?

I think what the Texans told us is what they were being told in the locker room. At least given what was said by Pittman in his HP articles.

Fox
10-18-2007, 04:08 PM
my question is why did the Texans keep telling us that they think he will play when their Doctor pretty much told Johnson that he would miss nearly half the season?

Who/when said they thought Andre would play? I know Kubiak said he was hopeful that Andre would play, but did anyone say that he was ready to go?

Vinny
10-18-2007, 04:09 PM
so, is it sad that the Chronicle reported this right the whole time while the Texans just kind of told us what we wanted to hear? The Chronicle reporters were pretty much point blank telling us he wouldn't be back as soon as the Texans were inferring.

Who/when said they thought Andre would play? I know Kubiak said he was hopeful that Andre would play, but did anyone say that he was ready to go?just about every week we heard that Andre may be ready to go but the Chronicle kept saying...no, he isn't ready.

Fox
10-18-2007, 04:11 PM
I think the Texans and the fans hope every week that he'll be ready to go. He was DTD two weeks ago, and he'll be DTD until he gets over this. Predicting when he gets the strength back in his leg and is ready to go is pretty hit or miss.

Vinny
10-18-2007, 04:37 PM
I think the Texans and the fans hope every week that he'll be ready to go. He was DTD two weeks ago, and he'll be DTD until he gets over this. Predicting when he gets the strength back in his leg and is ready to go is pretty hit or miss.How can you be day to day two weeks ago when the doctor said he would miss around 4-6 weeks? It's not a huge issue...I just would rather the team tell us the truth than telling us what we want to hear and finding out the people who report on the team are more credible than the Texans PR department.

Fox
10-18-2007, 05:26 PM
How can you be day to day two weeks ago when the doctor said he would miss around 4-6 weeks? It's not a huge issue...I just would rather the team tell us the truth than telling us what we want to hear and finding out the people who report on the team are more credible than the Texans PR department.

The Texans have been saying they're hopeful for him to return each week..... well, they are hopeful he'll return each week. It's day-to-day because no one knows exactly when it's going to be strong enough for him to get on the field again. The Dr. told him 6 weeks was the recovery time at the outset, but that doesn't mean it will actually take 6 weeks. As long as there's a chance Andre could get better sooner, which there always is, I think you'll continue to see Kubiak saying he's hopeful Andre will return ASAP.

As far as the Chronicle having the story better than the Texans so far, I'm not quite sure how that works out but I don't really care either. We're hearing the story straight from the horses mouth from interviews with Andre, and he hasn't written himself off for the next two weeks.

Marcus
10-18-2007, 05:27 PM

"Johnson said he was told by Dr. Walter Lowe that rehabilitation on an injury as serious as his takes about six weeks."

So, if Dr. Lowe told A.J. that, then he told the team that. And if he told the team that, why didn't they just tell us that instead of blowing all this smoke up our asses every single week?:brickwall:

Leahmic223
10-18-2007, 05:40 PM
"Johnson said he was told by Dr. Walter Lowe that rehabilitation on an injury as serious as his takes about six weeks."

So, if Dr. Lowe told A.J. that, then he told the team that. And if he told the team that, why didn't they just tell us that instead of blowing all this smoke up our asses every single week?:brickwall:

Yeah, a few days ago Kubes was saying "Everything is looking very very good, I am hopeful he'll practice this week and hopefully play."

Now I think everytime he says "I think he's on track." Kubes is basically saying the 6 weeks.

We just need to win the Tenn game without him. We play Tenn and if I am not mistaken San Diego(which may be a loss) so hopefully we can go to week nine 4-4 and not 3-5 going to week nine with a 4-4 than maybe we can beat the Raiders and AJ can come back in time...who knows our team could win the rest of our games with him, I think he has a HUGE impact on the team.

Marcus
10-18-2007, 05:56 PM
It just makes no sense to me, that's all.

I mean, if the doctor says '6 weeks', then announce that the "doctor says 6 weeks", If you just announce that, then the media is satisfied, and the fans are satisfied, and they won't bother you again about it "for 6 weeks".

But intead, it's this week in, and week out, "day to day" BS, where anytime you speak to the media, or get on the radio, whatever, you get this "will A.J. play this week" harrassment, when you could simply avoid all that by just announcing what the doctor says, "6 weeks".

It's ridiculous. Their PR man needs to be fired.

Porky
10-18-2007, 06:35 PM
When the injury first happened, I think they were spouting 4-5 weeks, but it could be sooner depending on how the knee responds. Now, I hear he was told from the start 6 weeks? I really wish Kubes and the PR folks would get their sheet straight, and quit BSing the fans, and be straight with us for a change. :devilpig:

Malloy
10-18-2007, 06:47 PM
It just makes no sense to me, that's all.

I mean, if the doctor says '6 weeks', then announce that the "doctor says 6 weeks", If you just announce that, then the media is satisfied, and the fans are satisfied, and they won't bother you again about it "for 6 weeks".

But intead, it's this week in, and week out, "day to day" BS, where anytime you speak to the media, or get on the radio, whatever, you get this "will A.J. play this week" harrassment, when you could simply avoid all that by just announcing what the doctor says, "6 weeks".

It's ridiculous. Their PR man needs to be fired.

Simply too lazy to read the entire thread, but wasn't the rules for exposing medical information about players to the public changed or specified by the NFL in such a way that the teams are not allowed to mention this stuff? I seem to remember this being mentioned a few weeks ago.
If this is indeed the case then that would explain the 'he's day to day... doubtful' thing that we keep hearing.

Marcus
10-18-2007, 11:02 PM
Simply too lazy to read the entire thread, but wasn't the rules for exposing medical information about players to the public changed or specified by the NFL in such a way that the teams are not allowed to mention this stuff? I seem to remember this being mentioned a few weeks ago.
If this is indeed the case then that would explain the 'he's day to day... doubtful' thing that we keep hearing.

I actually think I was the one who first mentioned it . . . about a month ago, when I was still giving them the benefit of the doubt.

But right now, I just think they got a bunch of idiots running the show over there.

Texanmike02
10-18-2007, 11:25 PM
Why give this information away at all? Seriously. Make the opponent practice for AJ and w/o AJ. The less we know about his situation. Hopefully the less they know about his situation.

Mike

NitroGSXR
10-19-2007, 12:09 AM
Dr. Walter Lowe has no business being a doctor. None whatsoever. I screwed up my shoulder playing football in highschool and he was the doctor who operated on my shoulder about 14 times in a two year span. Him and his practice, Othopedic Associates, should be shut down. There's no reason to operate that many times on a kid. I kept breaking my shoulder (my fault and surgery should have been withheld) and he kept grabbing every chance he could to operate because (I truly believe the reason is because) my parents had excellent medical insurance who allowed them to charge whatever they wished to. I take VERY little credibility into what Dr. Walter Lowe has to say. Very little.

Sorry for the hijack. I just still fume everytime I think about Orthopedic Associates and their doctors.

HOU-TEX
10-19-2007, 10:35 AM
Why give this information away at all? Seriously. Make the opponent practice for AJ and w/o AJ. The less we know about his situation. Hopefully the less they know about his situation.

Mike

I agree with this. The more the fans and media are left guessing, I would assume the opponent would be as well, to a certain extent.

Either way, the WR position is the least of our worries at the moment. If we can't run the ball on offense or stop the run on defense, then it's all for not anyways.

:d:

Vinny
10-19-2007, 11:33 AM

Mikemost of the reason has to do with the fact that the NFL has required it since the 1940's...mostly due to gambling.

http://www.iht.com/articles/2006/11/09/sports/nfl.php

"The principal purpose of the injury report is to ensure there are no hidden injuries, or clubs hiding that players might not be available, and then that player ends up not being able to play and nobody knew about it," said Greg Aiello, the NFL's vice president of public relations.

Injury reports date from the 1940s, when the NFL commissioner, Bert Bell, was dealing with the aftermath of the 1946 championship game between the New York Giants and Chicago Bears. As chronicled in Michael MacCambridge's book "America's Game," there were concerns at the time that two New York players, Merle Hapes and Frank Filchock, had been approached by gamblers and that the game could be part of a fix. Bell ended up suspending both players and reached the conclusion that professional football could not survive unless it was base on absolute honesty. Starting in the 1947 season, Bell required all teams to publish a list of all injured players.

dtran04
10-19-2007, 11:45 AM
So TEN should say whether or not Vince is playing? Absolutely not.

Vinny
10-19-2007, 11:47 AM
So TEN should say whether or not Vince is playing? Absolutely not.I actually believe that Young is day to day...I never once believed that AJ was...there is a difference between lying outright and having a honest day to day injury. That said, I don't care what other teams do. I just like the team I follow to treat the fans as if we weren't all stupid. Rolling a rotten QB out and calling him a good QB to justify your bad pick was more of the same mentality.

Malloy
10-19-2007, 11:54 AM
Honestly I would rather that teams were not allowed to disclose ANY medical information.

Got me thinking...
What if teams only had to tell if the player is out for 1-2 weeks, 3-5 weeks, or the entire season. It could work like the IR works, players that are 'out' for any of the three periods (1-2 weeks, 3-5 weeks, season) would not be held against the 53-roster limit. That would work as an incentive for teams only to publish the amount of time the player is expected to be out, and at the same time fill up that spot in the meantime.

I'm sure there are holes and issues with this setup, but right off the bat, I like it :)

dtran04
10-19-2007, 11:55 AM
I think you may be giving the average fan too much credit. :)

Texans_Chick
10-19-2007, 12:01 PM
I actually believe that Young is day to day...I never once believed that AJ was...there is a difference between lying outright and having a honest day to day injury. That said, I don't care what other teams do. I just like the team I follow to treat the fans as if we weren't all stupid. Rolling a rotten QB out and calling him a good QB to justify your bad pick was more of the same mentality.

I don't think the Texans have disclosed stuff timely on AJ. They were very limited in the information they let out about his injury.

Here's the chronology:

1. Initial report: Injury to his PCL.
2. MRI done: Kubiak says "knee sprain" no surgery needed. AJ fast healer we are optimistic.
3 PFT says 5 weeks. Public reports say 2-5 weeks. Bryan Pittman says he heard 3 weeks in the locker room.
4. Colts game. The Colts say they are going to practice as though AJ is playing.
5. After Colts game. It is revealed that AJ sprained both his PCL and MCL. This hadn't been reported prior to the game.
6.The original info that was out publicly was 3-5 weeks. Kubiak said AJ was a fast healer. The Colts team prepared as though AJ was playing.
7. Kubiak keeps saying he's doing better each week, we are optimistic. AJ doesn't play.
8. Chronicle has an article that says it's going to be another month without saying the reasons.
9. Megan Manfull says that AJ was told by Walter Lowe that it was going to be 6 week recovery, and that if you look at the bye week, blah blah blah, another month before we see AJ.

So basically it was a 6 week time frame, but I am guessing Kubiak didn't let that be disclosed until most of the 6 weeks was done so that teams would have to prep for him.

Which means that whenever someone gets an injury for a football team, you need to investigate what that injury is to have a sense of what is realistic and what is disingenous coach speak.

But I also think that Fisher's statements on Young's injury are also disingenous.

I think they know that he is not going to play. They know what his injury is and what risks further significant injury. But they are not going to rule him out playing because they want the Texans prepping for him. If you read Fisher's public statements about it, he talks around it. The code for making it sound like a player is coming back faster than he should based on public information is yeah, "he's a fast healer."

Vinny
10-19-2007, 12:05 PM
Everyone knows Young is practicing...it's all over their website and in the videos.

infantrycak
10-19-2007, 12:21 PM
3 PFT says 5 weeks. Public reports say 2-5 weeks.

So basically it was a 6 week time frame

So basically we are complaining over a one week difference?--5 v. 6 weeks.

Everyone knows Young is practicing...it's all over their website and in the videos.

I think you meant is not practicing.

Texans Horror
10-19-2007, 02:41 PM
Lots of coaches fudge the heal time. I think that comes with the territory. It's up to the fan to do a little homework or consider the injury. If it's to the knee, it's going to take a while to heal, if it ever does (see: Charles Spencer, Dominick Davis, etc.).

76Texan
10-19-2007, 05:54 PM
Why does Houstontexans.com has AJ's name on the ballot for top pass catcher in the Titans game, and over 40% of the voters chose him?:cool:

threetoedpete
10-19-2007, 06:12 PM
Damn, that sucks. Couldn't Matt Schaub just have gotten sacked on that play where he threw it to AJ and AJ got injured?

the injuries disclosure don't bother me. The going to the well too many times on the same play does. Serman and Kubes earned this down time. I thought he twisted it awefuly badly. Coulda been worse. At least he didn't blow the thing out.

The Pencil Neck
10-19-2007, 08:45 PM
Why does Houstontexans.com has AJ's name on the ballot for top pass catcher in the Titans game, and over 40% of the voters chose him?:cool:

Wishful thinking?

houstonhurricane
10-19-2007, 09:17 PM
So basically we are complaining over a one week difference?--5 v. 6 weeks.

I think you meant is not practicing.

VY practiced today - with the "scout team." He apparently did some light running and threw the ball.

Vinny
10-19-2007, 09:41 PM
Why does Houstontexans.com has AJ's name on the ballot for top pass catcher in the Titans game, and over 40% of the voters chose him?:cool:apparently they think the fans don't get their news from any other source but them.