PDA

View Full Version : Message from Jags: Don't bring the Bull to a Cat Fight

CloakNNNdagger
10-10-2007, 05:14 PM
The Cats are favored by 6 1/2 this Sunday. Yet the Bookies are more confident than many fans.........both in Cat Country and Bull country. BIG CAT COUNTRY (http://www.bigcatcountry.com/story/2007/10/10/104948/68)

No team sends chills down my spine like the Houston Texans. How many seasons have been spoiled by the boys in Battle Red? Too many to even acknowledge . As this week develops and the Jaguars (and their fans) realize with confidence that we've got a strong team, I'd like to take a little time to remind ourselves of the difficult history we've had with the Texans.................................

..........................So, in the last five games, the Texans have not only beat us three times, but they've made us struggle in every single game. Both victories in 2005 required late 4th quarter comebacks.

Do Not Expect an easy game on Sunday. Expect a close game, that's what history tells us will happen.

Double Barrel
10-10-2007, 05:20 PM
We always play the Jags close. But I have no doubt that they are not overlooking the Texans, and I can only hope that we play better than we have the last two games.

TexansLucky13
10-10-2007, 05:22 PM
We always play the Jags close. But I have no doubt that they are not overlooking the Texans, and I can only hope that we play better than we have the last two games.

Yea... except for the spanking we put on them at home last year.

:fans:

Shaft75
10-11-2007, 02:05 AM
The Cats are favored by 6 1/2 this Sunday. Yet the Bookies are more confident than many fans.........both in Cat Country and Bull country. BIG CAT COUNTRY (http://www.bigcatcountry.com/story/2007/10/10/104948/68)

It is really presumptuous of the guy to post this in my opinion. Name a reason why this should even approach looking like an easy game. The Texans beat the Jags when they were mediocre at best.

I see that this guy is being cautiously optimistic, but come on. The Texans own the Jags. He should be encouraging his fans, telling him to pick their heads up, they might have a chance. No way should any of them think that they are going to win this game.

With their backup qb and 4 foot rb...

Malloy
10-11-2007, 07:19 AM
It is really presumptuous of the guy to post this in my opinion. Name a reason why this should even approach looking like an easy game. The Texans beat the Jags when they were mediocre at best.

I see that this guy is being cautiously optimistic, but come on. The Texans own the Jags. He should be encouraging his fans, telling him to pick their heads up, they might have a chance. No way should any of them think that they are going to win this game.

I would trade our backup QB for their 4ft RB in a heartbeat...

Shaft75
10-11-2007, 09:27 AM
I would trade our backup QB for their 4ft RB in a heartbeat...

Are you kidding me? I wrote three paragraphs in my post and you chose to respond to the one-liner at the end...

It's great to know that you aren't a Sage fan...

Texan_Bill
10-11-2007, 09:29 AM

Right on, that's pretty funny!!!!

Shaft75
10-11-2007, 09:34 AM
Right on, that's pretty funny!!!!

The rb gets piggy-back rides from Stroud and Henderson during pregame warmups.

Malloy
10-11-2007, 09:49 AM
Are you kidding me? I wrote three paragraphs in my post and you chose to respond to the one-liner at the end...

It's great to know that you aren't a Sage fan...

Easy now. :)

1: I like Sage.
2: I realize that we need a GOOD RB, even if it is a midget at 4ft.
3: I also realize that one needs to give something to get something.
4: In response to your other two paragraphs. I do not find it 'presumptuous' that a Jags fan sees his team as the stronger of the two. In fact he has every right to do so, considering the injuries we are having at the time.
Also 'cautiously optimistic' is not something I have a problem with, it's often to be preferred to all-out cool-aiding.
5: Garrard is no longer a backup, he's the Jags starter and doing a really good job too.
6: A note. I have a hard time seeing why we have a 'tradition' of beating the Jags. Sure we have won more than we've lost, but that winning tradition happened during our Carr years, and for better or worse, those days are behind us. Fact is, both teams have new QB's, both teams have alot of potential.

Shaft75
10-11-2007, 10:00 AM

4: In response to your other two paragraphs. I do not find it 'presumptuous' that a Jags fan sees his team as the stronger of the two. In fact he has every right to do so, considering the injuries we are having at the time.
Also 'cautiously optimistic' is not something I have a problem with, it's often to be preferred to all-out cool-aiding.
5: Garrard is no longer a backup, he's the Jags starter and doing a really good job too.
6: A note. I have a hard time seeing why we have a 'tradition' of beating the Jags. Sure we have won more than we've lost, but that winning tradition happened during our Carr years, and for better or worse, those days are behind us. Fact is, both teams have new QB's, both teams have alot of potential.

Insanity is your only means of relaxation

copycat781
10-11-2007, 01:22 PM

I'm confused by your response. The author stated that the bookies were more confident than the fans. That's not presumptuous, that is a fact. No one I know is overlooking Houston and at Indy. Those days are over, the Texans have our undivided attention. They have earned it.

Carr Bombed
10-11-2007, 02:07 PM
That 4 ft. running back is pretty damn good, I'd love to have him on this team.

CloakNNNdagger
10-11-2007, 02:37 PM
I'm confused by your response. The author stated that the bookies were more confident than the fans. That's not presumptuous, that is a fact. No one I know is overlooking Houston and at Indy. Those days are over, the Texans have our undivided attention. They have earned it.

Thanks. You weren't the only one left confused by the response. I thought I left the initial impression quite clear.

Shaft75
10-11-2007, 03:34 PM
Thanks. You weren't the only one left confused by the response. I thought I left the initial impression quite clear.

They shouldn't have to sit back and remind themselves anything when it comes to this game. Immediately when they see the schedule and try and predict wins they should only wish that they could escape with one win against the Texans. JMO...

Maddict5
10-11-2007, 04:23 PM

who is a beast/tank/fire-hydrant...

he could teach 90% of the rb's in the league how to really run hard

powerfuldragon
10-11-2007, 04:34 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v15/TheKingOfBums/Soccer_Cat_Kick.jpg

False Start
10-11-2007, 05:06 PM
Isnt a cat fight considered a fight amongst girls/women ? idonno:

powerfuldragon
10-11-2007, 05:15 PM
Catfight is a term for an altercation between two women, typically involving scratching, slapping, hair-pulling, and shirt-shredding as opposed to punching or wrestling. It can also be used to describe two human females insulting each other verbally or being otherwise nasty to each other. The many ways that women compare themselves to other women and compete with each other are also referred to as catfighting. Catfights are different from other kinds of fights involving women because they usually involve competition between two or more women, usually over men.

:specnatz:

The Pencil Neck
10-11-2007, 06:06 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v15/TheKingOfBums/Soccer_Cat_Kick.jpg

I really hate it when people put red letters on top of a green background. Or vice versa.

Or when the viewing maps have large sections of red and green right next to each other.

Doing that should be banned from the world.

Shaft75
10-11-2007, 06:07 PM
Does anyone else wanna lay on the ground and kiss mo jones-drew's backside in this thread??? Aren't we supposed to be against the other team?

real
10-11-2007, 06:08 PM
Lmao!

Texan_Bill
10-11-2007, 06:28 PM
Does anyone else wanna lay on the ground and kiss mo jones-drew's backside in this thread??? Aren't we supposed to be against the other team?

Someone mentioned he was like a fire hydrant:

http://www.gabbyattic.com/truepix/broken%20hydrant.jpg

Shaft75
10-11-2007, 08:18 PM
Someone mentioned he was like a fire hydrant:

http://www.gabbyattic.com/truepix/broken%20hydrant.jpg

lol!

Texanmike02
10-11-2007, 09:06 PM

Sage is to me, MS against the Dolphins. He's a great leader, has pocket presence, but just doesn't throw the ball on target. I've seen that when he's played for us... and when he played for the skins and fins.

Mike

Maddict5
10-11-2007, 09:57 PM

fine then he sucks- he should study ron dayne to see how a power back should 'run' (i use that term loosely)...:pirate:

bottomline, the kid can play and is a big obstacle for us to have to overcome on sunday if we are to win.. why should we act like children and say every jag 'sucks' when its obvious they're not

ps.. i meant if he hit you, id imagine its like being hit like a fire-hydrant (small but sore) :cowboy1:

CloakNNNdagger
10-11-2007, 11:07 PM
Here is an excerpt from John McClain's Chronicle blog just before the last Texan/Cat meeting:

The Jaguars are looking for revenge for that 27-7 embarrassment they suffered at Reliant Stadium. Veteran running back Fred Taylor told reporters the Jaguars won't lose. That's guaranteeing a victory without using the word "guarantee." Geez, Fred, why don't you really go out on a limb and predict the score? The Jaguars are 4-0 at home this season. They've outscored opponents 111-24, which means they've defeated them by an average score of 27-6. In their last two home games, they've outscored the Jets and Titans 78-7. It could get ugly. Real ugly.

Could the Cats be looking at another surprise?.............My guess, it's again gonna be all Bull........

CloakNNNdagger
10-11-2007, 11:08 PM
duplicate

Shaft75
10-11-2007, 11:22 PM
fine then he sucks- he should study ron dayne to see how a power back should 'run' (i use that term loosely)...:pirate:

bottomline, the kid can play and is a big obstacle for us to have to overcome on sunday if we are to win.. why should we act like children and say every jag 'sucks' when its obvious they're not
ps.. i meant if he hit you, id imagine its like being hit like a fire-hydrant (small but sore) :cowboy1:

This coming from a guy that uses all lower case... j/j

Anyways, he is an opponent. Quit slobbin on his knob... I never said that the guy didn't have any talent for the record either. I made fun of his height, big deal. Some of you guys are soooo touchy!:shades:

spurstexanstros
10-12-2007, 01:13 AM
The Jags have fans? I saw a story on Put up your Dukes that they cant even scalp tickets behind the cheerleaders.They are about to move. In fact Ive never met anyone from Jacksonville. I dont think they exist. Is Jacksonville a figment of our imagination? Or is it Floridian for "who would live here"? I was even in Jacksonville and I never met a local. Who goes to the games?
Which begs the question. How does freaking Jacksonville have a team and San Antonio doesnt? Oh yeah that walking skeleton in Dallas, I forgot.

Kaiser Toro
10-12-2007, 06:39 AM
I would love a 4 foot running back as a sherpa for my next expedition up Mt. Bonnell. What I love more is folks digging at other members for not throwing flowers at their sarcastic rants by pointing virtual fingers.

Maddict5
10-12-2007, 08:34 AM
Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

i think some of you guys are in the wrong forum.. theres a smack forum which seems to be what ye're looking for

powerfuldragon
10-12-2007, 11:00 AM
I really hate it when people put red letters on top of a green background. Or vice versa.

Or when the viewing maps have large sections of red and green right next to each other.

Doing that should be banned from the world.

yeah, jpeg kinda broke the red.

I would love a 4 foot running back as a sherpa for my next expedition up Mt. Bonnell. What I love more is folks digging at other members for not throwing flowers at their sarcastic rants by pointing virtual fingers.
yeah, it helps to have a low center of gravity when climbing with gear.

Shaft75
10-12-2007, 11:01 AM

Such an eloquent way to put it... Your diction is superb.

However, this game is still a rivalry is it not?

BTW, A yes or no answer would be sufficient. You don't have to come up with some poetic syntax or whatever to get your point across.

The Pencil Neck
10-12-2007, 11:10 AM
yeah, jpeg kinda broke the red.

I'm color blind. They blend together. It's like putting a shade of red over another shade of red.

Vinny
10-12-2007, 11:49 AM
I'm color blind. They blend together. It's like putting a shade of red over another shade of red.
me too. My eye doctor told me that red/green color blind is very common among men mostly.

Specnatz
10-12-2007, 12:11 PM
me too. My eye doctor told me that red/green color blind is very common among men mostly.

I know at least two other people who are color blind one being my brother-n-law and we (his wife included) make fun of him all the time about it. I know that is sorta wrong but it is family.

:splits:

CloakNNNdagger
10-12-2007, 12:42 PM
For those who are color blind, this is a succint and accurate review (http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://www.damninteresting.com/wp-content/colorblindness.JPG&imgrefurl=http://www.damninteresting.com/%3Fp%3D473&h=263&w=303&sz=35&hl=en&start=18&um=1&tbnid=NC0BY3f8VIYXNM:&tbnh=101&tbnw=116&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dcolor%2Bblind%26svnum%3D10%26um%3D1%2 6hl%3Den%26sa%3DN)that may interest you.

CloakNNNdagger
10-13-2007, 05:04 PM
Now that AJ has been made a definite no show for Sunday, the line is now wavering from its original 6 1/2 Cat favor to 7-7 1/2............silly bookies:)

PapaL
10-13-2007, 05:24 PM
Not to thread jack - but I'm also color blind. Not completly though. Dark colors give me fits. Anyone seen the color blind people suck shirt? Kinda funny, link (http://jitcrunch.cafepress.com/jitcrunch.aspx?bG9hZD1ibGFuayxibGFuazo4OV9CLmpwZ3x sb2FkPUwxLGh0dHA6Ly9pbWFnZXMuY2FmZXByZXNzLmNvbS9pb WFnZS8zODY0MDA4XzQwMHg0MDAuanBnfHxzY2FsZT1MMSwxMzY sMTcwLFdoaXRlfGNvbXBvc2U9YmxhbmssTDEsQWRkLDE3OCw5O XxjcD1yZXN1bHQsYmxhbmt8c2NhbGU9cmVzdWx0LDAsNDgwLFd oaXRlfGNvbXByZXNzaW9uPTk1fA==), since some of us can't read the shirts.

Kaiser Toro
10-13-2007, 05:25 PM
Now that AJ has been made a definite no show for Sunday, the line is now wavering from its original 6 1/2 Cat favor to 7-7 1/2............silly bookies:)

Whoa! I may have to dust off my middle sniffer.

The Pencil Neck
10-13-2007, 08:19 PM
For those who are color blind, this is a succint and accurate review (http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://www.damninteresting.com/wp-content/colorblindness.JPG&imgrefurl=http://www.damninteresting.com/%3Fp%3D473&h=263&w=303&sz=35&hl=en&start=18&um=1&tbnid=NC0BY3f8VIYXNM:&tbnh=101&tbnw=116&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dcolor%2Bblind%26svnum%3D10%26um%3D1%2 6hl%3Den%26sa%3DN)that may interest you.

I can see the 18.

Interesting article, though.

IlliniJen
10-13-2007, 09:37 PM

You can root for your team and bleed Texans colors, but not acknowledging another player's talent or outright dissing an obviously good player is just plain ignorant.