PDA

View Full Version : Matchup of the week, who you got?

powerfuldragon
10-10-2007, 01:04 PM
http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter?season=2007&week=REG6&game_id=29280

Patriots at Cowboys, this sunday 3:15

Make your pick.

Double Barrel
10-10-2007, 01:11 PM
Patriots Dominate the cowboys....at least that's my wishful thinking.

Brando
10-10-2007, 01:15 PM
America's Cup. The winner is America's Team.

I think the Patriots are the new America's team, so this should be the "America's Cup".

:specnatz:

Khari
10-10-2007, 01:18 PM
Patriots :doot:

WWJD
10-10-2007, 01:42 PM
Cowboys.

Gisele is busy modeling this weekend so Tom is distracted by a cheerleader and throws 2 picks to Newman.

Bill is caught asking a fan in the front row if he can borrow their camera and is ejected by the league during pre game warmups.

:)

kastofsna
10-10-2007, 05:26 PM
what? i thought this thread was about Dolphins vs. Browns.

Exithios
10-10-2007, 05:36 PM
The Cowgirls have yet to see a defense like the Pat's, Romo will be put on his back on 6 different occasions and when he manages to force a ball off before the sack it will be picked off.

The Pat's "O" will have the Cowboys defense trying to figure out what state they are in...

42-14 Pats

My $0.02

GoPats
10-11-2007, 03:29 PM
Roger Goodell is about to announce that the entire NFC will be turned into a minor league system of sorts for the AFC. This should even out the talent across the league a bit. Each team will be assigned an affiliation, and when players excel they'll be given the opportunity to be promoted to the "bigs."

Pats 31, 'Boys 16.

Double Barrel
10-11-2007, 03:31 PM
Romo said after the MNF game that the Bills threw a lot of stuff at him that he'd never seen before. I'm thinking the Patriots picked up that quote, too, and will throw stuff at him that could overwhelm. They tend to have that knack.

YellerLotYeller
10-11-2007, 03:34 PM
If the cowboys were in the AFC, they would be 2-3.

WWJD
10-11-2007, 03:48 PM
If the cowboys were in the AFC, they would be 2-3.

How you figure that?

The Cowboys played the AFC South last year and if I remember right they only lost to the Jags...they beat the Colts.

Doesn't matter. They aren't...they never have been...and never will be in the AFC.

Brando
10-11-2007, 03:51 PM
How you figure that?

The Cowboys played the AFC South last year and if I remember right they only lost to the Jags...they beat the Colts.

Those are key words...

WWJD
10-11-2007, 03:59 PM
I'm obviously not getting the point...you can only go by what they did last year and they did well against the AFC.

Nobody knows...and it's a moot point. That's all I'm saying.

The Pencil Neck
10-11-2007, 04:12 PM
I'm obviously not getting the point...you can only go by what they did last year and they did well against the AFC.

Nobody knows...and it's a moot point. That's all I'm saying.

Any statement about who is or is not going to win a football game is a moot point.

People still do it all the time.

I just took the statement to mean that the poster considered the AFC to be much stronger than the NFC and that Dallas wouldn't be an elite team against primarily AFC competition. It's an opinion and he's welcome to it.

It's not like the Patriots have been beating a bunch of AFC powerhouses, either.

Goldensilence
10-11-2007, 04:37 PM
Think Wade Has this circled on his calendar after last year in San Diego at least quietly for himself.

I think Romo will bounce back and play much better this week and be more careful with the ball. You'll probably see more hand offs to Barber and Jones I am willing to bet. For everything about Buffalo D their O did jack. While hyped i think this Dallas team is better then some people credit them for...and that's coming from someone who isn't the biggest cowgirls fan.

All that said...Pats still squeak this one out...though it's kinda like being asked would i rather get stabbed or shot. Neither sounds real appealing.

Noblesse Oblige
10-11-2007, 04:40 PM
I think the Cowboys win this one in a nailbiter.

bah007
10-11-2007, 05:14 PM
I think the Cowboys win this one in a nailbiter.

Im actually getting the same feeling.

The media (actually nobody) is giving them any chance at all.

I definitely would not be suprised to see the Patriots walk out with a win, but something tells me Dallas might get this one.

WWJD
10-12-2007, 08:57 AM
Any statement about who is or is not going to win a football game is a moot point.

People still do it all the time.

I just took the statement to mean that the poster considered the AFC to be much stronger than the NFC and that Dallas wouldn't be an elite team against primarily AFC competition. It's an opinion and he's welcome to it.

It's not like the Patriots have been beating a bunch of AFC powerhouses, either.

I don't do well with "if's"...if the Cowboys were in the AFC, etc. They're not so why even look at it from that point. It's pointless really.

But it's all a crapshoot figuring out the games...bad teams win sometimes and even against much better teams. Kind of makes it fun. :)

DBCooper
10-12-2007, 09:14 AM
The Cowboys defense has got to show up. If they play as they are capable, the Cowboys can keep it close. Then it's up to Romo to learn from last week.

StarStruck
10-12-2007, 12:31 PM
I believe that the Cowboys will win. I have seen huge wins over excellent teams (Eagles), bearly getting by on a good team, and I have seen miracles. I will be happy with either.

TexansLucky13
10-12-2007, 12:37 PM
I believe that the Cowboys will win.

Well this was unexpected!

:tease:

Personally, I foresee the Patriots winning by at least two possessions. The Cowboys continue to shoot themselves in the foot.

Brando
10-12-2007, 12:57 PM
I believe that the Cowboys will win. I have seen huge wins over excellent teams (Eagles), bearly getting by on a good team, and I have seen miracles. I will be happy with either.

Who is that as your avatar? Looks like he has been arrested.:)

StarStruck
10-12-2007, 01:12 PM
Who is that as your avatar? Looks like he has been arrested.:)

Nick Folk

PapaL
10-12-2007, 01:14 PM
The tribe has spoken. /Thread

HOU-TEX
10-12-2007, 02:34 PM
Texans :texflag:

Texans_Chick
10-12-2007, 04:23 PM
Okay this is the most hilarious write up of the Patriots-Cowboys game, by far:

The Prelude, Week 6: Patriots Versus Cowboys in a Single Sentence (http://sports.aol.com/fanhouse/2007/10/12/the-prelude-week-6-patriots-versus-cowboys-in-a-single-sentenc/)

Plus it says a few other things about the upcoming matchups. I met the writer of this whilst I was at the Super Bowl radio row. He's a good guy.

Really. Read this. It will crack you up.