PDA

View Full Version : Leinart gone for season

drewmar74
10-09-2007, 05:33 PM
It's not like you couldn't have seen this one coming. Does anyone else get the impression that Whisenhunt wasn't just the biggest "Matty" fan?

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/7314822

"The Arizona Cardinals no longer have a quarterback controversy.

The Cardinals placed Matt Leinart on injured reserve Tuesday, a move that ends the second-year QB's season. Leinart sustained a broken collarbone in the team's victory over St. Louis on Sunday.
Arizona signed former 49er quarterback Tim Rattay to back up Kurt Warner, who will now take over full-time duties under center."

The Dream
10-09-2007, 05:38 PM
damn....that sucks.

kastofsna
10-09-2007, 07:56 PM
that's unfortunate.

WWJD
10-09-2007, 08:20 PM
Too bad.

Corrosion
10-10-2007, 12:00 AM
They are a better team with Kurt Warner under center .

Enjoy your vacation Leinart it could end up being a two year stint holding a clipboard .

2BCF
10-10-2007, 01:20 AM
They are a better team with Kurt Warner under center .

Enjoy your vacation Leinart it could end up being a two year stint holding a clipboard .

Yep, much better.

nunusguy
10-10-2007, 08:36 AM
IMO Leinart is the latest example of the long-line of hot-dog celebrity-athletes out of USC who have fallen short of their NFL projections on the field. For further reference see Reggie Bush, Winston Justice, Mike Williams, etc.

Noblesse Oblige
10-10-2007, 02:51 PM
Wow. That's stunning. It's always bad to see a player go out. My thoughts are with him and Jake Delhomme. Along with everyone else who has been hurt this year around the league.

ditto

He wasn't playing great by any means but missing this much time will be a setback. I guess he can learn the playbook better now anyway.

Warner is the better QB right now, so it's good for the Cards in the short term, but not long-term

austintexanite
10-10-2007, 02:56 PM
That is terrible news for him, but maybe this could be a blessing in disguise and work hard to prove everyone wrong. I don't like him, but maybe he needs this as a reality check.