PDA

View Full Version : Predict the score - Texans at Jags

dickieb
10-09-2007, 03:05 PM
In what should be a good defensive game, I actually have a weird feeling about a shootout...

Texans - 31
Jags - 24

Green - 24 yds rushing, 0 td's
Dayne - 18 yds rushing, 1 td
Schaub - 355 yds passing, 3 td's, 1 int

powerfuldragon
10-09-2007, 03:08 PM
if we can stop their rush, Texans 27 | Jags 14
if not, Jags 33 | Texans 30

Cjeremy635
10-09-2007, 03:10 PM
Sorry guys, we are just riddled with too many injuries: :gun:

Texans- 14

Jags-27

real
10-09-2007, 03:14 PM
Texans-28
Jags- 13

powerfuldragon
10-09-2007, 03:18 PM
Sorry guys, we are just riddled with too many injuries: :gun:

Texans- 14

Jags-27
get out of here you blasted realist.

copycat781
10-09-2007, 03:18 PM
If we dressed the Patriots in Jag uniforms and played this Sunday, I couldn't predict this game. For some reason when you guys see our helmets even the water boy becomes all-pro. None the less:

Jags-24

Texans-10

You guys are pretty beat up.

Exithios
10-09-2007, 03:24 PM
If we dressed the Patriots in Jag uniforms and played this Sunday, I couldn't predict this game. For some reason when you guys see our helmets even the water boy becomes all-pro. None the less:

Jags-24

Texans-10

I agree that we are beat up but it seems to have only effected our run game and our return team. Jacoby should be back and I think Ahman is still questionable so it is still a tad early to base the score strictly based on injuries.

Texans - 17

Jags - 14

Dread-Head
10-09-2007, 03:27 PM
If Andre Johnson is back? Texans by ten.
:fans:

Dread-Head
10-09-2007, 03:29 PM

Jags-24

Texans-10

Haven't the Texans essentially OWNED the Jags for the bulk of their existence? Seriously I mean how many times have the Texans actually LOST to the Jags?

Exithios
10-09-2007, 03:32 PM
Haven't the Texans essentially OWNED the Jags for the bulk of their existence? Seriously I mean how many times have the Texans actually LOST to the Jags?

We currently lead the series but I have to give the Jags the benefit of the doubt. They have a much improved secondary, a stout d-line, a new QB, and MJD. They are quickly becoming a force to be wreckened with. There is a reason the AFC South is the most dominant division in the NFL, which the Jags happen to be a part of.

My $0.02

real
10-09-2007, 03:33 PM
Reggie Nelson

:eek:

Giant Tiger
10-09-2007, 03:34 PM
Schaub can move the team down the field, it's inside the 5 when the offense bogs down. Having said that, Brown is hot right now.

Texans 15
Jaguars 14

Nawzer
10-09-2007, 04:17 PM
The Texans with all odds against them will once again beat the Jaguars.

TexanSam
10-09-2007, 04:27 PM
Texans 27
Jags 13

Specnatz
10-09-2007, 05:01 PM
33 - 17 Texans beat the Jags in their half empty stadium.

Tedc
10-09-2007, 05:08 PM
Texans 49- 19 http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y224/Tedc/jagsowned.gif

Joe Texan
10-09-2007, 05:09 PM
Hey Jeremy go ahead and pull the trigger

Texans 34

Kitty's 10

NitroGSXR
10-09-2007, 05:10 PM
Jaguars 28
Texans 6

Thorn
10-09-2007, 05:25 PM
I have a bad feeling about this game, and I hope I'm wrong.

If we have a running game of some sort then:

Texans 24
Jags 17

If we continue to run two yards at a time, there is no way we are getting away with that crap with the Jags, so then

Jags 17
Texans 10

My own personal feelings is we will lose to the Jags and Bolts, but beat the Titans and be 4-4 at mid-season.

drewmar74
10-09-2007, 09:28 PM
Texans - 67
Jaguars - 3

Dayne goes off after someone puts icy hot in his jockstrap and runs all over the Jags.

Bewildered by the shocking turn of events, all 17 Jaguar fans are gone by the end of the 3rd quarter.

Brandon420tx
10-09-2007, 09:37 PM
I predict that Kris Brown kicks the ball sometime during the game.

TexanSam
10-09-2007, 10:19 PM
We currently lead the series but I have to give the Jags the benefit of the doubt. They have a much improved secondary, a stout d-line, a new QB, and MJD. They are quickly becoming a force to be wreckened with. There is a reason the AFC South is the most dominant division in the NFL, which the Jags happen to be a part of.

Yeah...the Jags have supposedly been improving ever since Leftwich was supposed to be their QB of the future. Even if they really do take the next step like people have been predicting for years, we'll still have their number.

Jaguars 28
Texans 6

Geez...somebody is really pessimistic about this game.

beerlover
10-09-2007, 10:22 PM
wrong time to be catching the Jaguars, we need our top line skill players to compete. Texans 17 Jaguars 26

swisher
10-09-2007, 11:07 PM
I predict I will score sometime during the game.

Oh yeah...

Houston Texans 24
Los Angeles Jaguars 17

YellerLotYeller
10-09-2007, 11:38 PM
37 - Texans(KB kicks 10 field goals including a 65 yarder)
7 - Kitty Litter(2 safeties and a FG)

Leading rusher - Jacoby Jones 78 yds (on an end around for the games onlyTD)

TexansLucky13
10-10-2007, 12:15 AM

Jags-24

Texans-10

Yup, we are pretty beat up... but if we are lucky, we can get Jacoby and Ahman back this week.

If we have those two, AND we can find a way to limit the Mighty Mouse to less than 100 yards, our chances of winning this game are pretty good.

With Ahman and Jacoby and a good rush D:

Texans - 27
Jags - 14

Without those two with a good rush D:

Texans - 17
Jags - 14

Without those two and Maurice Jones-Drew gets 100+ yards:

Texans - 17
Jags - 24

False Start
10-10-2007, 12:54 AM
21-17 Jags .

jaxfan21
10-10-2007, 07:15 AM
Sorry Texan fans! The Jags will finally do some homework on the Texans now that you seem to be getting better. We don't play down to our competition anymore.
Jags 20
Texans 10

duvalbill
10-10-2007, 08:03 AM
I'm seeing more of a 20-10 game in favor of the Jags. No Andre Johnson could lead to some problems in the passing game, and I think our D will stifle any run game. That being said, I could see the score being quite different because for some reason you guys seem to have our number.

HOU-TEX
10-10-2007, 08:24 AM
Sorry Texan fans! The Jags will finally do some homework on the Texans now that you seem to be getting better. We don't play down to our competition anymore.
Jags 20
Texans 10

Did you not lose to the titans? :pirate:

Leahmic223
10-10-2007, 08:27 AM
Did you not lose to the titans? :pirate:

Its kind of funny because they always come off a shutout or good game before losing to us. So let history repeat itself.

Texans- 27
Jaguars- 10

:texflag:

gjmac2
10-10-2007, 08:28 AM
JAGUARS 17
TEXANS 16

I think we come up short on the road. Hope I'm wrong.

duvalbill
10-10-2007, 08:29 AM
Its kind of funny because they always come off a shutout or good game before losing to us. So let history repeat itself.

Texans- 27
Jaguars- 10

:texflag:

Not flaming, but there is no way you guys score 27 on us without AJ or Ahman.

HOU-TEX
10-10-2007, 08:34 AM
Not flaming, but there is no way you guys score 27 on us without AJ or Ahman.

Okay, let's look at the average points scored per game.

Texans - 23.2
Jaguars - 15.8

I have no problem with that, i'll take it. :texflag:

Brandon420tx
10-10-2007, 08:35 AM
So, we only need Kris Brown to kick 6 field goals and we win? Cool.

Leahmic223
10-10-2007, 08:39 AM
Okay, let's look at the average points scored per game.

Texans - 23.2
Jaguars - 15.8

I have no problem with that, i'll take it. :texflag:

Also, this team is actually better without David Carr.

And When has Andre been Ruled out NOT to play? He's still day to day isn't he?

duvalbill
10-10-2007, 08:43 AM

Rotoworld has speculated that he will likely be out this week. I have him on my fantasy team, and believe me I'm ready for him to be back too. Well, maybe after this weekend.

HOU-TEX
10-10-2007, 08:44 AM

I am not expecting Dre this week, but I am expecting JJ and AG. :whip:

Dread-Head
10-10-2007, 08:48 AM

My $0.02

Good assessment. I never implied they were push overs, but the Texans always seem to bring their A game against them.

J

HoustonFrog
10-10-2007, 08:48 AM
Texans- 16
J-Ville-13

Leahmic223
10-10-2007, 08:49 AM
Rotoworld has speculated that he will likely be out this week. I have him on my fantasy team, and believe me I'm ready for him to be back too. Well, maybe after this weekend.

Eh its likely, but if he was ready to go Kubiak probably would have the Jags worry about whether he's going to play or not. But I haven't heard a definite "He's not playing." yet. Coaches do have a history of misleading the other team about their injury reports.

Hell Tom Brady is probable every week, and I remember a few weeks ago everything hinted at Westbrook not playing and he did. So I am crossing my fingers.

This is as far as I know the latest from Kubiak.

"Andre (Johnson), I think we’re still day-to-day; I can’t say that right now about him, even though he did do some running on Friday. We expect him to do some more tomorrow, and everything is looking very, very good. To say that he may be ready to go this week may still be a little bit of a reach. We’ll see, but I think we’re getting awful close.”

duvalbill
10-10-2007, 09:21 AM
Eh its likely, but if he was ready to go Kubiak probably would have the Jags worry about whether he's going to play or not. But I haven't heard a definite "He's not playing." yet. Coaches do have a history of misleading the other team about their injury reports.

Hell Tom Brady is probable every week, and I remember a few weeks ago everything hinted at Westbrook not playing and he did. So I am crossing my fingers.

This is as far as I know the latest from Kubiak.

"Andre (Johnson), I think we’re still day-to-day; I can’t say that right now about him, even though he did do some running on Friday. We expect him to do some more tomorrow, and everything is looking very, very good. To say that he may be ready to go this week may still be a little bit of a reach. We’ll see, but I think we’re getting awful close.”

Del Rio has become the king of over or understating injuries. I guess it's how the coaches keep the other team on their toes. I didn't even realize that Maroney wasn't playing 2 weeks ago until I saw that he had no fantasy points.

Blake
10-10-2007, 09:29 AM
Jaguars (-22)
Texans (-14)

Both teams sputter to move the ball, while the defenses force both offenses into negative points. A late drive by the Texans gives them +7, bringing them to a negative 14 mark.

Way to go offense!

austintexanite
10-10-2007, 01:51 PM
21-17 Texans. Schaub is patient until the end where he hits OD for a td. :texans:

JagSooner
10-10-2007, 10:22 PM
At least the most of you are realistic...
But I sense that the majority of you are scared to death.
I'm not gonna spew BS all over this MB like some of your guys' are over on jaguars.com-
So let's be honest... I wish you guys weren't 'banged up', maybe it would be a good game.
I wouldn't expect to get past the 50 very often if I were you.

real
10-10-2007, 10:26 PM
OD has got to get a TD this game...he's due...

The Pencil Neck
10-10-2007, 10:31 PM

Unfortunately, this year you won't have the excuse that you were playing down to our level.

I'm really sorry that sweeping you guys last year kept you out of the playoffs. That's gotta hurt.

Oh, wait. I'm not really sorry about that.

Forgot that "not". heh heh

StarStruck
10-10-2007, 11:28 PM
24-21 Texans

BSofA04
10-10-2007, 11:57 PM
In a rather surprising game, the Texans finally find a running game against a team that they arn't supposed to be able to run on. Schaub is cool in the pocket and the Texans win on a DEFENSIVE stop.....
Texans 21
Jags 17

DiehardChris
10-11-2007, 12:00 AM
Didn't they give up like 200 yards rushing to the Titans? Then they turn around and give up 10 yards to the Chiefs... it's hard to figure which one of their teams will show up.

Texans 16
Empty Seats 13

kiwitexansfan
10-11-2007, 12:32 AM
Texans 24 Jaguars 17

With the Texans getting a few weapons back this week (hopefully) they put up some good points on a good defense.

Texans are good against the run so can limit Drew-Jones and co, and Garrard and his average supporting cast can't take full advantage against our 'secondary'.

Leahmic223
10-11-2007, 03:19 AM
At least the most of you are realistic...
But I sense that the majority of you are scared to death.
I'm not gonna spew BS all over this MB like some of your guys' are over on jaguars.com-
So let's be honest... I wish you guys weren't 'banged up', maybe it would be a good game.

Lol it is supposed to be different all the time. I remember last year when we played the JAgs they were a hot team destined for the playoffs...nothing has changed heh, they are a hot team that almost shut out the Chiefs and are now a top 10 team to most and top 5 for some...Hopefully we get Jacoby back and Green back.

Lol we got the Jags right where we want them, thinking they are on top of the world. Time to put them back in their place.

threetoedpete
10-11-2007, 04:16 AM
Well it's rare in football to sweep a team ...in any season. Their defense is playing very well. However, their WRs have yet to emegre. I think that will be the difference. Our patch work Wr's will out play their first rounders.

Texan's 31- Jags 10.

And Mario will have a break out game sunday. I'm looking for multipul sacks.
Whomever starts at QB for them will not finish the game.

jaxfan21
10-11-2007, 08:45 AM
Too many Texans fans live in the past. You think that cuz you swept us last year that it is something to brag about. I guess when you have no hope of the playoffs you have to dwell on little things that went right. Its time to move on people! I mean I could sit here and say well the Jaguars swept the Texans two years ago.
The reason we gave up so many yards to the Titans is due to our injuries on the D. I can say that almost every single starter was hurt in some way and not just a little hurt. The Jaguars are probably now the most healthy I have ever seen them this late in the year. I wish you were all healthy as I can already hear the excuses of why you lost the game.
And to the fans that think you are going to blow out the Jags it ain't going to happen. If you do win it will be a very close score. Deep down you are really hoping this is a good Texans team that might make the playoffs but reality still hits you and it is the same Texans team just with more stars on the team.

HOU-TEX
10-11-2007, 08:48 AM
Too many Texans fans live in the past. You think that cuz you swept us last year that it is something to brag about. I guess when you have no hope of the playoffs you have to dwell on little things that went right. Its time to move on people! I mean I could sit here and say well the Jaguars swept the Texans two years ago.
The reason we gave up so many yards to the Titans is due to our injuries on the D. I can say that almost every single starter was hurt in some way and not just a little hurt. The Jaguars are probably now the most healthy I have ever seen them this late in the year. I wish you were all healthy as I can already hear the excuses of why you lost the game.
And to the fans that think you are going to blow out the Jags it ain't going to happen. If you do win it will be a very close score. Deep down you are really hoping this is a good Texans team that might make the playoffs but reality still hits you and it is the same Texans team just with more stars on the team.

Yer Mamma!

Shaft75
10-11-2007, 08:58 AM
Am I the only one truly thinking blow-out?

27-10

It would have been worse with Dre in the lineup.

HOU-TEX
10-11-2007, 09:22 AM
Am I the only one truly thinking blow-out?

27-10

It would have been worse with Dre in the lineup.

Didn't you say the Falcon game would be a blowout too? Maybe you should start predicting losses so we could actually win? lol

:d:

jaxfan21
10-11-2007, 11:24 AM
Have to ask what is brown bubble stew? Seems kinda gross. Yes for the Jaguars week 6 is late. We usually have more starters on IR by now and starters that are very injured but playing through it. Even if you were fully healthy the Jaguars can still beat you and we would still be favored to win. I wonder if you would be so confident in your team had you lost to the Dolphins? Two wins last year don't make you a winner on Sunday.

Last I checked Mr. Garrard did beat out Mr. hamburger mcgarycoleman. I think he is in Atlanta now.

Due to the small market Jacksonville does not get alot of public showing but we have some stars. Henderson, Stroud, and Mathis are stars. Plus Jones-Drew is turning into a star. I would say you have Johnson and Ryans thats about it coming down to stars. What your excuse for not getting any showing with a market the size of Houston?

Texan_Bill
10-11-2007, 11:35 AM
*sniff......*

UGH!! What the **** is that smell??!?!! That's horrible.....

Oh, it's Jacksonville..

All joking aside,

Due to the small market Jacksonville does not get alot of public showing but we have some stars. Henderson, Stroud, and Mathis are stars. Plus Jones-Drew is turning into a star. I would say you have Johnson and Ryans thats about it coming down to stars. What your excuse for not getting any showing with a market the size of Houston?

Small market?!?! What market!?!? LA has the Jag-offs in their sites.

I like Jones-Drew and thought in some ways he (or Joseph Adai) was more of the OROY last year, than "his highness".

Stroud, in my minds eye will always be known for a cheap shot on HWSRN and Henderson likes to get *****-slapped.

Maybe you should trade your rabbit ears in for basic cable or satelite, because so far this year, Schaub, Okoye, Williams and Jones have gotten plenty of pub...

jaxfan21
10-11-2007, 12:55 PM
That is one thing I really appreciate which is honesty. And I am as honest as you can get. I am just trying to have a friendly debate between rivals.

I would hardly call Robinson, Williams, Mathis (you really did not say Mathis did you???) stars. I could compare Williams to Bobby McCray but he is not a star. Dunta "WILL" be a star I will admit that but he probably becomes more of a star somewhere else. Won't even talk about Mathis who is on Kubiaks last nerve. Jones has not played near that much to even consider him on the track to be a star. We also have a WR by the name of Mike Walker who also looked great but I am not going to say he is on his way to being a star. Same with Schaub let him play a season before you declare him on his way. I think you just need to know what a star is? Just because they are good does not entitle them to star status.

Just like with David Carr sometimes you need to make a change. It seems to be working with Garrard right now.

This is going to be a classic AFC South division game. The AFC South is quickly becoming the new NFC East were it doesn't matter what the record is the teams will play each other tough. If the Jaguars could just win division games we would be considered an elite team.

HARRYJ
10-11-2007, 12:58 PM
Texans-21

Jags-17

Specnatz
10-11-2007, 01:35 PM
Texans-21

Jags-17

WOW surprise visit from HarryJ

Texan_Bill
10-11-2007, 01:37 PM
Texans-21

Jags-17

HARRY J..... In the house!!!

Nice prediction, too!!

TrierOfFact
10-11-2007, 01:54 PM
Ran across this post (http://www.thefanpit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=396) at another site (guy is apparently some sort of "staff writer"...don't know what that means).

Alright, I’m just going to come out and say it: as we slowly approach the halfway mark of the 2007 season, this is one of the most intriguing games of the season so far.

Not that it really means anything, but its kinda nice to see someone outside the Texans fan base getting interested in this team.

Guy also has us winning by a field go in a medium-scoring game. I think we can win this game, but it's going to depend on the run. If we limit them to under 100 on the ground, score:

Texans 27
Jags 17

If not:

Jags 28
Texans 20

Shaft75
10-11-2007, 02:27 PM
Didn't you say the Falcon game would be a blowout too? Maybe you should start predicting losses so we could actually win? lol

I wish my opinions could cause such a shift in the universe...

But thanks for the compliment though!

Battle Red Flash
10-11-2007, 03:57 PM
Texans 21, Jags 19.

A.Green leads rushers with 87. :d:

whiskeyrbl
10-11-2007, 05:44 PM
Texans 20
Jags 10

Green 16 ruhes 58 yards

Schaub 27-35 367 yards 2 tds 0 ints 1 sack

Brown 2/3 ( 36, 41)

mootini
10-12-2007, 09:03 AM
JAGS- 21
TEXANS -17

CREAM DA BEEF, but it will be a close fun game....NO INJURIES!!!

spurstexanstros
10-12-2007, 09:42 AM
JAGS- 21
TEXANS -17

CREAM DA BEEF, but it will be a close fun game....NO INJURIES!!!

Great job Jags fans here. I love it. say what you believe and dont hide behind a fake Texan fan sn.(like in other realms)

Texans 21
Jags 13

mootini
10-12-2007, 11:12 AM
If you guys think Green will be running against the Jags Defense.:gun:

The Pencil Neck
10-12-2007, 11:42 AM
If you guys think Green will be running against the Jags Defense.:gun:

We hear something similar to this pretty much every year from you guys. We're never supposed to be able to run on you guys.

Last year, we ran for about 130 and about 140 yards against you with Wali Lundy and Samkon Gado being our leading rushers. Lundy ran for 93 against you. You were pretty good against he run last year, right?

Our running game hasn't been on track this year. Ahman is a better RB than what we had last year but he hasn't played much so far. So you guys SHOULD stuff our running game. But, like I said, historically, you were supposed to stuff our running game before and haven't.

Our passing game is infinitely better.

mootini
10-12-2007, 11:45 AM
We hear something similar to this pretty much every year from you guys. We're never supposed to be able to run on you guys.

Last year, we ran for about 130 and about 140 yards against you with Wali Lundy and Samkon Gado being our leading rushers. Lundy ran for 93 against you. You were pretty good against he run last year, right?

Our running game hasn't been on track this year. Ahman is a better RB than what we had last year but he hasn't played much so far. So you guys SHOULD stuff our running game. But, like I said, historically, you were supposed to stuff our running game before and haven't.

Our passing game is infinitely better.

Go ask LJ what he faced last week. This defense is 100% healthy...PAYBACK IS COMING!!!!

b0ng
10-12-2007, 11:55 AM
I personally won't predict the game, but I'll stand by my boy John Madden and his sports game (http://sports.espn.go.com/videogames/simulation/nfl?id=3058050) any day of the week.

Texan_Bill
10-12-2007, 11:59 AM
So Larry Johnson is the benchmark... :hmmm: If thats the case, the Texans D held Johnson to 43 yards... :rolleyes:

Just for the record, LJ's not having a great year:
5 games - 275 yards on 84 carries; avgerage: 55 per game -or- 3.3 per carry

Errant Hothy
10-12-2007, 12:01 PM
Houston - 14
Jacksonville - 13

Schaub with a 4th quarter drive to win the game.

Errant Hothy
10-12-2007, 12:02 PM
Go ask LJ what he faced last week. This defense is 100% healthy...PAYBACK IS COMING!!!!

I'd rather ask Chris Brown and the human garbage disposal unit LenDale White what they faced?

The Pencil Neck
10-12-2007, 12:18 PM

LJ had too many touches last year. He's not what he used to be. I was saying that before the season even started. Hell, we kept him to 40 yards and they didn't score a TD against us.

And, like I said, you guys say something similar every year. Before the first game last year you were all saying that you were going to stuff us and we weren't going to be able to run or pass or score on you. And we beat you 27-7. After that, you were all "well, we were injured."

Before the second game, Taylor even guaranteed a victory. You guys were supposed to be ready and focused, and you lost 13-10.

We're a much better team than we were last year. You guys are about the same. You were, what, 3-2 last year coming into the first game with us. You were all hyped after shutting out the Jets 41-0. Now you're 3-1 and all hyped after holding LJ to 10 yards. And all the experts are picking you guys to win.

Looks like it's all set up for the same outcome.

mootini
10-12-2007, 02:12 PM
I guarantee a win!!! LOL....maybe this time it will work? CREAM DA BEEF!!!!:bat:

CloakNNNdagger
10-12-2007, 03:08 PM
14 could be one of the magic numbers..........Cats are the only team in the league to hold its opponents to 14 points or less in every game this season

23 may be the other magic number........The Cats have never scored greater that 23 points in a game (15.8 average for Cats [23.2 average for Texans])

TEXANS 27
CATS 17

Leahmic223
10-12-2007, 06:28 PM
LJ had too many touches last year. He's not what he used to be. I was saying that before the season even started. Hell, we kept him to 40 yards and they didn't score a TD against us.

And, like I said, you guys say something similar every year. Before the first game last year you were all saying that you were going to stuff us and we weren't going to be able to run or pass or score on you. And we beat you 27-7. After that, you were all "well, we were injured."

Before the second game, Taylor even guaranteed a victory. You guys were supposed to be ready and focused, and you lost 13-10.

We're a much better team than we were last year. You guys are about the same. You were, what, 3-2 last year coming into the first game with us. You were all hyped after shutting out the Jets 41-0. Now you're 3-1 and all hyped after holding LJ to 10 yards. And all the experts are picking you guys to win.

Looks like it's all set up for the same outcome.

Also look at who they beat up until now. Atlanta, Denver, and Kansas City, none of those teams have a winning record right now. The team that actually had a winning record beat you guys and we all know what team that is.

Yeah we lost to the Falcons before a Jag fan even brings it up, but we played one more game than you guys as of now, and next Monday our records will be the same.

I agree with Pencil though, I haven't heard one guy in the media give us a chance to win this game, it seems like Deja Vu to me. You guys are all hyped coming after a big win, the Experts are all saying you guys are a playoff team, and it is time for us to kill that noise again. Maybe this time when we do it we will get a little credit.

TexanExile
10-12-2007, 06:58 PM
I agree with Pencil though, I haven't heard one guy in the media give us a chance to win this game, it seems like Deja Vu to me.

True. For instance, every single "expert" on ESPiN is picking the Jags, and the only pro-Texans "expert" on their site is, sadly, Madden 2008, which simulated a 21-3 Texans rout (http://sports.espn.go.com/videogames/simulation/nfl?id=3058050). (We all know how valuable a Madden simulation is when compared to real football.) Peter King at SI says 23-13 Jags.

Sounds like all's back to normal in media-land...and that's fine with me.:texflag:

Honoring Earl 34
10-12-2007, 08:39 PM
Texans 20

Jags 13

Thorn
10-12-2007, 09:05 PM
What? now new posts since this afternoon? this is crap. :You mist drink heavliy on Fridays and make assinisne posets wihile doing it. You are not Texans fans unless you do. I am disppointed omn the lotof ouo.

We shall kick all their ases forever and totally win wthe superbowl. Itthse the law. Erally.

MEGA SWATT
10-13-2007, 12:33 AM
Texans 20

Jags 17

mootini
10-13-2007, 07:26 AM
I agree Texan fans, seems the media is not backing you again vs. Jags. I think if the Texans were not so banged up right now, more national media would consider the Texans winning. I see a game the Jags can joke again, but I don't think that is going to happen. The Jags are playing the best I have seem them since 1999. The Texans special teams is way better than the Jags and that might be the X factor for the game. Anyway good luck, but not vs. my Jags.

Kaiser Toro
10-13-2007, 07:51 AM
Kris Brown - 99

Gridiron Leopards - 0

mootini
10-13-2007, 09:05 AM
Also look at who they beat up until now. Atlanta, Denver, and Kansas City, none of those teams have a winning record right now. The team that actually had a winning record beat you guys and we all know what team that is.

Yeah we lost to the Falcons before a Jag fan even brings it up, but we played one more game than you guys as of now, and next Monday our records will be the same.

I agree with Pencil though, I haven't heard one guy in the media give us a chance to win this game, it seems like Deja Vu to me. You guys are all hyped coming after a big win, the Experts are all saying you guys are a playoff team, and it is time for us to kill that noise again. Maybe this time when we do it we will get a little credit.

I read this same post in 2005, When the Texans swept the Jags in 2004...Payback coming Sunday!!! :splits: