PDA

View Full Version : Buffalo/Cowboys

Marcus
10-08-2007, 08:44 PM
Opening kickoff, and I'm already sick of Jerkoffski and Kornholer.

God! Where is that fricken volume control.:brickwall:

TexansLucky13
10-08-2007, 08:47 PM
Opening kickoff, and I'm already sick of Jerkoffski and Kornholer.

God! Where is that fricken volume control.:brickwall:

Agreed. I just decided to change the channel this week.

jerek
10-08-2007, 08:52 PM
Commentary sucks. Game is freakin great so far. I wish we had fans like what Buffalo is sporting right now.

STEEL BLUE TEXANS
10-08-2007, 08:52 PM
Wonder what Romo was thinking there. 7-0 Bills.

jerek
10-08-2007, 08:54 PM
I hope Buffalo mercilessly crucifies the Cowboys. I pulled for Buffalo for years back when they always come up short against Jerry Jones' All-Prison team of the 90s and I'm getting similarly tired of hearing about them these days.

STEEL BLUE TEXANS
10-08-2007, 08:57 PM
Romo picked off again. This is beginning to look like USC vs Stanford.

Vinny
10-08-2007, 08:58 PM
Looks like Romo read too many of his press clippings last week.

STEEL BLUE TEXANS
10-08-2007, 09:33 PM
Trent Edwards looks great for a rookie. Losman may never start in Buffalo again.

Vinny
10-08-2007, 09:44 PM
I've always liked Brady James...he was a really nice player at LSU.

STEEL BLUE TEXANS
10-08-2007, 09:45 PM
What a play. Kelsay tips the pass at the line of scrimmage and intercepts it in the endzone.

Vinny
10-08-2007, 09:45 PM
:wow:

third pick...everyone was making fun of Romo vs the Bills low rated pass D before the game. :zipit:

CloakNNNdagger
10-08-2007, 09:48 PM
Who said Schaub had a bad game yesterday??????????????

STEEL BLUE TEXANS
10-08-2007, 09:49 PM
Unbelievable, another pick. 4 INTs in this half by Romo.

CloakNNNdagger
10-08-2007, 09:49 PM
Four!

Hookem Horns
10-08-2007, 09:50 PM
What's up with Homo tonight?

Kaiser Toro
10-08-2007, 09:55 PM
I was actually rooting for the Cowboys tonight for the first time since the late 90's as I am going up to Dallas for the Patriots game this weekend. Also, I have the friggin Dallas D and Tony Romo is killing me. But he makes some mean ribs.

shinerbock_girl
10-08-2007, 10:00 PM
Romo better get his confidence back or its only going to get worse.

shinerbock_girl
10-08-2007, 10:01 PM
T.O's coverage is always too good....

Yankee_In_TX
10-08-2007, 10:01 PM
This may be my lowest scoring fantasy week EVER.

Santonion Holmes, Addai - didn't play
Travis Henry - 6 points
Romo - currently at 1 point

I hate the Cowboys, but sheesh!

shinerbock_girl
10-08-2007, 10:02 PM
amazing, the way they played and only down 7...lol

STEEL BLUE TEXANS
10-08-2007, 10:04 PM
The most amazing thing about this game is that the Cowboys are only down 7 at the half even after all those INTs.

Mr teX
10-08-2007, 10:07 PM
** In Jay-Z's voice " it was all good just a week ago..." **

I can't hate though, Jason Witten is gonna single-handedly bring this win home for me in my fantasy match up.

texasguy346
10-08-2007, 10:23 PM
Looks like Romo read too many of his press clippings last week.

Did you happen to catch the Packer game on Sunday night? It annoyed the hell out of me that Madden kept saying that Farve had a little Romo in him because he was able to buy extra time in the pocket. That just rubbed me the wrong way. Farve's always been able to buy extra time in the pocket so it would make more sense to me for an announcer to say that Romo had a little Farve in him or something along those lines. Either way being constantly force fed Romo as the next superstar by the media gets very old very fast. Maybe the Bills will be able to kick it down a notch or two for at least the next week.

Vinny
10-08-2007, 10:30 PM
Did you happen to catch the Packer game on Sunday night? It annoyed the hell out of me that Madden kept saying that Farve had a little Romo in him because he was able to buy extra time in the pocket. That just rubbed me the wrong way. Farve's always been able to buy extra time in the pocket so it would make more sense to me for an announcer to say that Romo had a little Farve in him or something along those lines. Either way being constantly force fed Romo as the next superstar by the media gets very old very fast. Maybe the Bills will be able to kick it down a notch or two for at least the next week.
good point....you know, there is a joke here somewhere but I'm just gonna just throw down a specnatz. :specnatz:

shinerbock_girl
10-08-2007, 10:34 PM
Now this is embarrassing for Dallas....lol

shinerbock_girl
10-08-2007, 10:36 PM
WOW, a buffalo TD and Romo didn't cause it....lol....

STEEL BLUE TEXANS
10-08-2007, 10:48 PM
Edwards has an extremely quick release. Very impressed here.

HoustonFrog
10-08-2007, 10:50 PM
I predicted this. Typical NFL these days. You have a game where all you hear all week is that it is a blowout, the defense is ranked 32nd, etc and they come out and take it to the favorite. The underdogs have won the last two years at home alot...or covered spreads. I mean the Bills have had everything go their way. Its the nature of the beast, like the Texans being beat by the Falcons and taken to the wire by the Dolphins. Any team, any week.

Specnatz
10-08-2007, 10:54 PM
good point....you know, there is a joke here somewhere but I'm just gonna just throw down a specnatz. :specnatz:

Some how I feel I just got thrown under the bus, but I am not really sure on that one.

Vinny
10-08-2007, 10:59 PM
Some how I feel I just got thrown under the bus, but I am not really sure on that one.
I could have throw down a dancing nanner...so you should feel honored.

mexican_texan
10-08-2007, 11:12 PM
I'm upset that I don't have my own smiley.

BTW, Trent Edwards is awesome. We should look into picking up JP Losman. Lord knows he had a great time in Houston last year.

Vinny
10-08-2007, 11:16 PM
If the commish is worth a damn, he will suspend Roy Williams for blatant disrespect for the rules and for endangering the other players careers for his ongoing horse collar tackles.

STEEL BLUE TEXANS
10-08-2007, 11:17 PM
Fackmask and horsecollar tackle and Buffalo only gets 5 yards out of it.

JDizzle
10-08-2007, 11:21 PM

I thought it was odd that Madden of all people said that considering he's all but asked Favre to be his valentine for the past decade. Looks like Madden was hypnotized by Romo's purdy smile ... either that or Carrie Underwood's legs.

STEEL BLUE TEXANS
10-08-2007, 11:22 PM
Edwards finally makes a rookie mistake.

Vinny
10-08-2007, 11:23 PM
Newman is kinda slow...or he is tired as hell.

mexican_texan
10-08-2007, 11:24 PM
Edwards finally makes a rookie mistake.
Don't forget that was an awesme play by Ware to tip it.

mexican_texan
10-08-2007, 11:25 PM
He's not that slow, it's just that Lee Evans had speed. I think he had 3 TDs against us last year.

BTW, great play by Edwards to dive after the ball and fight DeMarcus Ware for it.

STEEL BLUE TEXANS
And that's pick #5 by Romo. lol

Vinny
Wow, I thought these kind of games only happened when I play Madden.

TheDrifter
10-08-2007, 11:26 PM

Didnt he have a lingering foot injury at the start of the season?

Didnt matter....Romo returns the favor. Again. He certainly saves his worst for the national spotlight.

Vinny
10-08-2007, 11:27 PM
He's not that slow, it's just that Lee Evans had speed. I think he had 3 TDs against us last year.He had to have lost a step or was tired as hell. Everyone was gaining on him...not just Evans.

Vinny
10-08-2007, 11:27 PM
Didnt he have a lingering foot injury at the start of the season?possible explanation...he didn't look that fast when everyone took off to the other end zone.

Khari
10-08-2007, 11:28 PM
Wow, I thought these kind of games only happened when I play Madden.

just how often is that :pirate:

stingray
10-08-2007, 11:29 PM
I am so glad this is happening. I live in South Texas and everyone, I mean everyone is talking about how Romo is such a great QB. And they don't even talk about Shaub. This is texas we're talking about. They're like Shaub Who?
Well, at this moment, shaub is the best QB in the State of Texas!!

mexican_texan
10-08-2007, 11:29 PM
He had to have lost a step or was tired as hell. Everyone was gaining on him...not just Evans.
Looking at the replay, he was either tired or scared. He kept looking over his shoulder.

Looking at the replay of the INT, the Bills knew what play was coming. The linebacker and the safety were both waiting for the pass.

HoustonFrog
10-08-2007, 11:30 PM
Unreal. I've never seen anything like this!!!Well except when the Cowboys turned the ball over 3 times straight to start the 1994 NFC Championship game and almost came back.

I can't believe they are still in this. The Bills hustle saved this game with thehustle after Newman.

JDizzle
10-08-2007, 11:30 PM
lol ... the world will soon end ... Romo is having a bad game, oh noez!

YellerLotYeller
10-08-2007, 11:32 PM
should have been 6

GlassHalfFull
10-08-2007, 11:32 PM
Nobody here will believe me, but at the beginning of the game I told my son Romo would throw 5 interceptions tonight. This came right after the 1st pick. Now he is trying to blow my forecast and throw a 6th one. :whip:

mexican_texan
10-08-2007, 11:37 PM
What exactly was Patrick Crayton kicking when he ran out of bounds?

HoustonFrog
10-08-2007, 11:41 PM
What exactly was Patrick Crayton kicking when he ran out of bounds?

I think he was trying to jump out of bounds and didn't know the guy would hit him

STEEL BLUE TEXANS
10-08-2007, 11:44 PM
Stanford wins! Stanford wins!

Vinny
10-08-2007, 11:45 PM
I thought that was faceguarding...looked kinda like pass interference on the PAT.

STEEL BLUE TEXANS
10-08-2007, 11:46 PM
Uh oh...

Spoke too soon.

stingray
10-08-2007, 11:47 PM
Un-freakingbelievable!!!

Specnatz
10-08-2007, 11:47 PM
possible explanation...he didn't look that fast when everyone took off to the other end zone.

Newman has plantar facitias, same foot injury Mario had last year.

WTF on side kick recovered? Can this game get any more crazy.

HoustonFrog
10-08-2007, 11:48 PM
What a horrible play call. I HATT that lob play

Onsides worked!!

Vinny
10-08-2007, 11:48 PM
hell of a kick...this is just like a madden game.

STEEL BLUE TEXANS
10-08-2007, 11:50 PM
TO dropped it.

STEEL BLUE TEXANS
10-08-2007, 11:56 PM
Buffalo called a TO. lol

STEEL BLUE TEXANS
10-08-2007, 11:57 PM
Cowboys win. lol

That was a fun game to watch.

stingray
wow

Specnatz
That freakin sucks. That is probably the craziest game I have ever seen.

Vinny
wow what a crazy game....everyone was saying how much this matchup sucked. Great game.

HoustonFrog
10-08-2007, 11:58 PM
YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!

I hate that timout rule. Needs to be changed. A weekend of long kicks.

dtran04
10-08-2007, 11:59 PM
Kind of a dumb move not to even cover the WR the play before the kick. It was obvious they would do a quick out. Easy to second guess of course.

Blazing Arrow
10-09-2007, 12:00 AM
that is f*ing amazing ... I just do not know what to say ...

TexansLucky13
10-09-2007, 12:01 AM
YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!

I hate that timout rule. Needs to be changed. A weekend of long kicks.

Agreed. I wanted to see the Girls lose, but not because of a cheap timeout. Some call it strategy, others call it outrageous. I agree with the latter. Didn't the Broncos do that to the Raiders this year?

drewmar74
10-09-2007, 12:02 AM
Great game. I hate that Buffalo lost, though. It would have been a great story if they had managed to hang in there. Too little offense. D on the field too much... gee, where have we heard that one before?

Still, they showed a lot of heart.

Oh, and Owens sucks. Dude drops more freakin' passes.

I did love Romo getting picked 5 times. That alone was worth staying up for.

Vinny
Agreed. I wanted to see the Girls lose, but not because of a cheap timeout. Some call it strategy, others call it outrageous. I agree with the latter. Didn't the Broncos do that to the Raiders this year?
They have been icing the kicker since football started...they didn't invent that this year or anything.

this (http://boards.buffalobills.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4) will be a rough place tonight.

HoustonFrog
Kind of a dumb move not to even cover the WR the play before the kick. It was obvious they would do a quick out. Easy to second guess of course.

Agree..they gave Crayton a free out pattern.

HoustonFrog
10-09-2007, 12:03 AM
They have been icing the kicker since football started...they didn't invent that this year or anything.

this (http://boards.buffalobills.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4) will be a rough place tonight.

I agree Vinny, I just hate that the coach can call at at the snap.

Blazing Arrow
10-09-2007, 12:03 AM

I do that to my buddy in Madden all of the time ... he is always confused when I do it. :)

TexansLucky13
10-09-2007, 12:04 AM

It seems to be a big deal this year for some reason. They should change it.

rollinstone18
10-09-2007, 12:06 AM
wow it sucks to be a bills fan.

great game though.

Tailgate
10-09-2007, 12:07 AM
Woah my bye week kicker replacement just broke a tie and won me my fantasy game this week with that game winner! I felt like I was the one getting iced after that time out. Good fun.

StarStruck
10-09-2007, 12:08 AM
Wheeeeewwwww! I guess whoever was casting the spell must have left a few minutes too soon.

TheDrifter
10-09-2007, 12:09 AM
It seems to be a big deal this year for some reason. They should change it.

I disagree, its just another level of gamemanship. Icing the kick is a long tradition, and it is not like you can pull this trick every time. It involves gaurding that final time out in the off chance you'll be in a game tight enough to utilize it like this at the end, as opposed to helping yourself earlier or maybe risking a challenge.

Besides...eventually a kicker will miss on that first one, get a rekick and hit it. Then we'll see a coach drug through the mud and made to look a fool.

STEEL BLUE TEXANS
10-09-2007, 12:10 AM
I want to see Dick Jauron do his best Denny Green impression at the postgame press conference.

TexansLucky13
10-09-2007, 12:12 AM
I disagree, its just another level of gamemanship. Icing the kick is a long tradition, and it is not like you can pull this trick every time. It involves gaurding that final time out in the off chance you'll be in a game tight enough to utilize it like this at the end, as opposed to helping yourself earlier or maybe risking a challenge.

Besides...eventually a kicker will miss on that first one, get a rekick and hit it. Then we'll see a coach drug through the mud and made to look a fool.

I still think they should change it. I imagine that they eventually will. Things change.

Specnatz
10-09-2007, 12:16 AM
I want to see Dick Jauron do his best Denny Green impression at the postgame press conference.

I thought about that as well. They let them off the hook.

DiehardChris
10-09-2007, 12:17 AM
Terrell Owens is the most god-awful great receiver in NFL history. He did all he could to make sure the Cowboys lost this game. He violated the FIRST thing they teach you when you're a little kid about catching a football. Catch the ball with your HANDS, not your BODY. Dallas won this game despite that moron. He let the two-point conversion come to his chest, thus allowing the defender to strip it. Then after the onside kick, he did it AGAIN. He's such a terrible, terrible receiver in the technical sense, but he makes all the easy catches, and he's GREAT after the catch. He's SO good at everything BUT catching the ball... yet he's one of the best receivers ever. Such a weird thing.

Vinny
10-09-2007, 12:24 AM
Terrell Owens is the most god-awful great receiver in NFL history. He did all he could to make sure the Cowboys lost this game. He violated the FIRST thing they teach you when you're a little kid about catching a football. Catch the ball with your HANDS, not your BODY. Dallas won this game despite that moron. He let the two-point conversion come to his chest, thus allowing the defender to strip it. Then after the onside kick, he did it AGAIN. He's such a terrible, terrible receiver in the technical sense, but he makes all the easy catches, and he's GREAT after the catch. He's SO good at everything BUT catching the ball... yet he's one of the best receivers ever. Such a weird thing.
looked like interference to me...the Bills guy had his hands up in his chest and not looking back for the ball (faceguarding)...I think that it was a tough catch with the infraction that wasn't called. Heck, the best thing happened for the Cowboys anyway. The 2 pointer would have only tied it...they won it this way. TO's known to drop passes. All of them drop passes though.

Napa Auto Parts
10-09-2007, 12:27 AM
That T.O fella really sucked today.

DiehardChris
10-09-2007, 12:29 AM
looked like interference to me...the Bills guy had his hands up in his chest and not looking back for the ball (faceguarding)...I think that it was a tough catch with the infraction that wasn't called. Heck, the best thing happened for the Cowboys anyway. The 2 pointer would have only tied it...they won it this way. TO's known to drop passes. All of them do...some a bit more than others...thats why I hate when we demonize AJ and some of our other WR's.

But my point is - none of that would matter if he'd catch the ball with his hands. He would have had the ball in his hands a split second earlier.

StarStruck
10-09-2007, 12:32 AM

It all worked out for the best. If TO had held on the the pass, the outcome could have been different. No complaints here.

bah007
10-09-2007, 01:00 AM
Didnt he have a lingering foot injury at the start of the season?

Didnt matter....Romo returns the favor. Again. He certainly saves his worst for the national spotlight.

He still has it.

Plantar Fasciitis.

We Texans fans should be familiar with that one.

Pretty good return considering the injury.

BSofA04
10-09-2007, 06:57 AM
This just in...
Matt Schaub...4 ints in 5 games
Tony Romo.....8 ints in 5 games

I'm just saying....Schaub is the S-H-I-...

Malloy
10-09-2007, 07:08 AM

Actually Morten Anderson likes the icings, he says it gives him more time to get ready for the actual kick. yet his opponents keep doing it.. go figure :)

Maddict5
10-09-2007, 07:35 AM
looked like interference to me...the Bills guy had his hands up in his chest and not looking back for the ball (faceguarding)...I think that it was a tough catch with the infraction that wasn't called. Heck, the best thing happened for the Cowboys anyway. The 2 pointer would have only tied it...they won it this way. TO's known to drop passes. All of them drop passes though.

i dont think theres a faceguarding penalty anymore..right?? and he didnt interfere with owens before the catch so i think its ok

terible playcalling by both sides

color me unimpressed with edwards despite what everybody is saying (David Carr II ).. kid didnt hardly do any medium throws even when he had good protection..dump off king- reads seemed slow, stared down evans for the int, some happy feet? and seemed pretty gunshy.. hes a rook so i wont be too harsh but i dont see what people are excited about

Brando
10-09-2007, 08:58 AM
should have been 6

He could have thrown 8-9 INT's,Buffalo dropped a lot of his passes. Buffalo just choked that game away. Pitiful.

Second Honeymoon
10-09-2007, 09:23 AM
the 2point conversion was blatant PI but if you think your gonna get that call in Buffalo on MNF, you got another thing coming. Romo played like garbage but Buffalo's offense is so bad that it didnt matter. i don't know what everyone was so freaking high on Edwards about. The guy sucked as did the rest of their offense.

Their fans were great but I ABSOLUTELY LOVED them getting punked like that. just like I liked the Music City Miracle. If the Bills gave up a 50 point lead i still wouldn't be satisfied. After the 35-3 debacle of the 90s, I could care less and have absolutely no compassion for the Bills, their fans, or their nasty dirty city.

Buffalo's ownership doesn't deserve that win either and frankly didn't deserve hosting a MNF game. The guy is the cheapest owner in the league and that franchise needs to moved to LA or somewhere like yesterday.

even Bud Adams spends more money than that loser. The bills are #32 in payroll and have just about no talent whatsoever. I have no compassion for NFL owners that claim poverty or small market even though they have equal shares of the TV contract which is in the multiple billions.

Sucks to be you Buffalo....Remember the 35-3...thanks Folk for punking those fans like they did us.

Texan_Bill
10-09-2007, 09:32 AM
Very good points SH, but I think I hate Dallas one point more than I hate Buffalo - so I could have been happier with a Bills win.... Not that I was cheering for them mind you. But as is with the case with me, whoever is playing Dullass is the lesser of the two evils....

Mr teX
10-09-2007, 09:45 AM
Jason Witten is a beast.......... the most productive WR/TE for me thus far

nunusguy
10-09-2007, 09:51 AM
That was a very entertaining game, and I gotta add that this must be the Cowboys' year because in spite of making almost every conceivable effort to give the game to the Bills, ultimately they still managed a victory in the end.
BTW, what is it about night games ? I guess it's a lighting issue or something, because on TV atleast the player movement, the action just appears quicker, crisper, and the definition is enhanced. Love night games.

Mr teX
10-09-2007, 09:51 AM
the 2point conversion was blatant PI but if you think your gonna get that call in Buffalo on MNF, you got another thing coming. Romo played like garbage but Buffalo's offense is so bad that it didnt matter. i don't know what everyone was so freaking high on Edwards about. The guy sucked as did the rest of their offense.

Their fans were great but I ABSOLUTELY LOVED them getting punked like that. just like I liked the Music City Miracle. If the Bills gave up a 50 point lead i still wouldn't be satisfied. After the 35-3 debacle of the 90s, I could care less and have absolutely no compassion for the Bills, their fans, or their nasty dirty city.

Buffalo's ownership doesn't deserve that win either and frankly didn't deserve hosting a MNF game. The guy is the cheapest owner in the league and that franchise needs to moved to LA or somewhere like yesterday.

even Bud Adams spends more money than that loser. The bills are #32 in payroll and have just about no talent whatsoever. I have no compassion for NFL owners that claim poverty or small market even though they have equal shares of the TV contract which is in the multiple billions.

Sucks to be you Buffalo....Remember the 35-3...thanks Folk for punking those fans like they did us.

For a rookie QB in only his 2nd start against THAT defense, i thought he did do great. They were never quite able to get to him b/c he was getting the ball out & he was accurate with his passes. It also didn't look like Dallas was able to confuse him much either. His lone mistake wasn't even really a mistake on his part b/c Ware tipped it & made it easier for Newman to break on it.

Losman had to be standing on the sideline contemplating his future in Buffalo.

Second Honeymoon
10-09-2007, 10:16 AM
For a rookie QB in only his 2nd start against THAT defense, i thought he did do great. They were never quite able to get to him b/c he was getting the ball out & he was accurate with his passes. It also didn't look like Dallas was able to confuse him much either. His lone mistake wasn't even really a mistake on his part b/c Ware tipped it & made it easier for Newman to break on it.

ummm, the offense scored 3 lousy points. how is that great? I get the fact that it was his 2nd start but to call scoring 3 points great is a bit much.

oh, and dont forget the fact that he threw the pick in the red zone that Newman returned to the 20 of the Bills. If he doesnt throw that pick and they kick the field goal, they are up by 11 and there is no big comeback or onside kick.

Edwards was horrible as was the entire Bills offense and Dallas defense is barely average this year.

jerek
10-09-2007, 10:23 AM
What a fugly game. Entertaining, yes very, but good sport, no. Romo and TO should be embarassed. Credit both the Dallas and Buffalo defenses/special teams while giving a nod to offensive ineptitude on both sides of the ball.

My cousin and I had that argument last night. I don't know how the rule is written but it would seem to me that as a DB, I shouldn't have to physically turn my head around to be able to be considered as making a play on the ball. The DB could be (and probably was) watching TO's eyes and timing his play based on that. As long as you are not physically displacing the receiver it seems to me that you should be able to make that play legally, but again, I don't know exactly how the rule is written or interpreted.

Maddict5
10-09-2007, 10:29 AM

sorry im with SH on this.. he was accurate? on what his 2 yd dump-off's to lynch and gaines? they should get DC to be is mentor :user:

he seemed jumpy to me and was slow making his reads .. and ware tipped the int because he was staring a hole through lee evans on the play.. but on the other hand espn said he played well and they're always right about stuff like that *cough scatback cough*:gun:

powerfuldragon
10-09-2007, 10:36 AM
that game was awesome. it made me actually root for the cowboys. first time in my life i've done that. they showed how we do in texas.

TexansCM
10-09-2007, 10:45 AM
Buffalo's decision to go for a 54 yard field goal with 41 seconds left in the half was moronic. Up 17-7. Miss, Wide right and the Cowboys have time to kick their own FG and only are down 7 going into the half.

With all the mistakes the Cowboys made, they deserved to lose.

:fans:

gjmac2
10-09-2007, 10:47 AM
How in the world do you get 6 turnovers, 2 defensive and 1 return for touchdowns, only turn the ball over 1 time yourself, and still lose the game?

Somebody in the Bills organization should lose their job today. There is no excuse for what happened last night, none whatsoever.

Oh, and one more thing, Bills coaches. You might want to cover the sidelines when your opponent is trying to get down the field with less than a minute to go and no timeouts. Just a thought....

idonno:

Maddict5
10-09-2007, 10:54 AM
Oh, and one more thing, Bills coaches. You might want to cover the sidelines when your opponent is trying to get down the field with less than a minute to go and no timeouts. Just a thought....

idonno:

exactly that last romo to crayton (uncovered) pass was ridiculous.. (this is unconventional but) i wouldn't even have sent any d-linemen on for that play, romo was obviously going to just get a quick pass off so whats the point in trying to rush the passer?? use all your db's and lb'ers (4 to each sideline- with 3 deep in case dallas goes for it all) and make that the last play of the game by not letting them get out of bounds

Mr teX
10-09-2007, 11:11 AM
ummm, the offense scored 3 lousy points. how is that great? I get the fact that it was his 2nd start but to call scoring 3 points great is a bit much.

oh, and dont forget the fact that he threw the pick in the red zone that Newman returned to the 20 of the Bills. If he doesnt throw that pick and they kick the field goal, they are up by 11 and there is no big comeback or onside kick.

Edwards was horrible as was the entire Bills offense and Dallas defense is barely average this year.

Okay maybe i exagerated a bit, but, under the circumstances he did a better job than most would've expected. I didn't mean great in the sense of superbowl MVP. I meant him not losing the game for them like so many young inexperienced Qb's do on that stage, in that circumstance. & again, the int will go in his stats, but Ware tipped that pass making it easier for Newman to break on it. If it's not tipped i'm not so sure Newman gets to it.

& the offense scoring "3 lousy points" isn't exactly all his fault. They couldn't run the ball to save their lives. come on man all this stuff goes hand in hand. The only reason why they were even able to move the ball sometimes was b/c he was making some good throws, whether they were short or not.

& a top 10 defense barely average....

Maddict5
10-09-2007, 11:29 AM
Okay maybe i exagerated a bit, but, under the circumstances he did a better job than most would've expected. I didn't mean great in the sense of superbowl MVP. I meant him not losing the game for them like so many young inexperienced Qb's do on that stage, in that circumstance. & again, the int will go in his stats, but Ware tipped that pass making it easier for Newman to break on it. If it's not tipped i'm not so sure Newman gets to it.

& the offense scoring "3 lousy points" isn't exactly all his fault. They couldn't run the ball to save their lives. come on man all this stuff goes hand in hand. The only reason why they were even able to move the ball sometimes was b/c he was making some good throws, whether they were short or not.

& a top 10 defense barely average....

guess what? throwing that int was the gamechanger that lost the game for the bills- and ware doesnt tip the ball if edwards doesnt stare down evans the whole play

it isnt all his fault that the offence struggled but like i said earlier he made 1 good throw to evans- that was it.. everything else -dump offs, he was wrapped in cotton wool- all YAC by the wrs.. it doesnt take a good qb to do that (as DC showed us last yr)

look at who Dallas have played- pitiful offences and the only decent one they came up against (giants) they got torched like it was the end of 2006

i thought lynch looked good though

gwallaia
10-09-2007, 11:54 AM
Good teams find ways to win. Bad teams will find ways to lose.

Mr teX
10-09-2007, 12:14 PM
guess what? throwing that int was the gamechanger that lost the game for the bills- and ware doesnt tip the ball if edwards doesnt stare down evans the whole play
it isnt all his fault that the offence struggled but like i said earlier he made 1 good throw to evans- that was it.. everything else -dump offs, he was wrapped in cotton wool- all YAC by the wrs.. it doesnt take a good qb to do that (as DC showed us last yr)

look at who Dallas have played- pitiful offences and the only decent one they came up against (giants) they got torched like it was the end of 2006

i thought lynch looked good though

It was not, the cowboys score a TD the series after Edwards threw the pick. After newman got the pick, Romo promptly threw his 5th pick like 2 plays later. Anyhow, the key play was the onside kick recovery that sets dallas up inside the 50. That was the play of the game. If the bills recover that, the game is more than likely over. Really, what game were you watching?

& i don't know what kind of Qb'ing you expect to come from a rookie, but just for him @ this stage in his career to know when to dump off & know when he can throw it down field is somewhat a kind of a big deal. This isn't DC in his 5th year still doing this b/c he can't read coverage, this is a rookie in his 2nd game facing a top ranked, blitz-heavy D, who's standing tall in the pocket, READING THE DEFENSE & taking what's being given to him; mostly in the face of a pass rush. There is a difference.

Again, i exagerated a bit, but just that he did a very good job all things considered. At least we agree that Lynch looked good.

HoustonFrog
10-09-2007, 12:16 PM
People can say Dallas played nobody, etc but the Texans barely got by Miami and lost to winless Atlanta. Talking heads don't know anything. The NFL is still a parity filled league where any team can beat another on a given day. When you play a 16 game schedule and grind out a season, any win is a godo win no matter the opponent. The Bears were supposed to be awesome and Dallas took it to their defense. The Dallas Defense suffered from a lack of having Newman and last night he showed why on many plays.

Maddict5
10-09-2007, 12:28 PM
It was not, the cowboys score a TD the series after Edwards threw the pick. After newman got the pick, Romo promptly threw his 5th pick like 2 plays later. Anyhow, the key play was the onside kick recovery that sets dallas up inside the 50. That was the play of the game. If the bills recover that, the game is more than likely over. Really, what game were you watching?

& i don't know what kind of Qb'ing you expect to come from a rookie, but just for him @ this stage in his career to know when to dump off & know when he can throw it down field is somewhat a kind of a big deal. This isn't DC in his 5th year still doing this b/c he can't read coverage, this is a rookie in his 2nd game facing a top ranked, blitz-heavy D, who's standing tall in the pocket, READING THE DEFENSE & taking what's being given to him; mostly in the face of a pass rush. There is a difference.

Again, i exagerated a bit, but just that he did a very good job all things considered. At least we agree that Lynch looked good.

he doesnt throw the pick- they kick a chip shot fg and the game is iced

there's a difference between knowing WHEN to dump it down and dumping it every play- we all know dallas' secondary is less than stellar in pass coverage(bar newman) so you're telling me edwards READ that he had no opening down the field in any of his 20-30 snaps?? i say BS.. i know im prob being hyper critical but its just because everybody's acting like hes the new brady when lets face it he showed zero playmaking ability- and looked very average at best

lynch despite struggling some (thanks to a terrible o-line.. nice job in FA buffalo) he showed flashes.. edwards had that nice throw to evans for 10 ish yards.. just saying

Mr teX
10-09-2007, 12:40 PM
he doesnt throw the pick- they kick a chip shot fg and the game is iced

there's a difference between knowing WHEN to dump it down and dumping it every play- we all know dallas' secondary is less than stellar in pass coverage(bar newman) so you're telling me edwards READ that he had no opening down the field in any of his 20-30 snaps?? i say BS.. i know im prob being hyper critical but its just because everybody's acting like hes the new brady when lets face it he showed zero playmaking ability- and looked very average at best

lynch despite struggling some (thanks to a terrible o-line.. nice job in FA buffalo) he showed flashes.. edwards had that nice throw to evans for 10 ish yards.. just saying

Really, did you watch the game? We've all seen how it looks when a Qb isn't reading the D but just dumping off with noone really around him. He wasn't doing that, very much.

You can see his head on a swivel (except on the int) as he surveyed the field & was making his dump offs milliseconds before having his head torn off by Ware & company. & he was routinely doing this throughout the game. You also have to take into account some of the throws he made were designed to be short quick passes b/c that's one of the things you do when you've got a less than stellar O-line going against a pretty good D-line to keep the blitz/pass rush at bay.

I don't like the brady comparison much either, but you know how it is, You have to take it for what it is.... garbage. Hell, before the game they were talking about Romo being the next Favre & you can't help but roll your eyes at that.

Maddict5
10-09-2007, 12:51 PM
Really, did you watch the game? We've all seen how it looks when a Qb isn't reading the D but just dumping off with noone really around him. He wasn't doing that, very much.

You can see his head on a swivel (except on the int) as he surveyed the field & was making his dump offs milliseconds before having his head torn off by Ware & company. & he was routinely doing this throughout the game. You also have to take into account some of the throws he made were designed to be short quick passes b/c that's one of the things you do when you've got a less than stellar O-line going against a pretty good D-line to keep the blitz/pass rush at bay.

I don't like the brady comparison much either, but you know how it is, You have to take it for what it is.... garbage. Hell, before the game they were talking about Romo being the next Favre & you can't help but roll your eyes at that.

we'll have to agree to disagree... i didnt see that much to get excited about, you did... time will tell

WWJD
10-09-2007, 01:33 PM

Tony's hero is Favre and I believe he's from Wisconsin. Makes sense.

And I've heard Brett himself say watching Romo is liking watching a younger version of himself.

powerfuldragon
10-09-2007, 01:34 PM
it was a little amazing how the last 20 seconds lasted 20 minutes (http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=4471855709399055887&hl=en).

WWJD
10-09-2007, 01:37 PM
Newman has plantar facitias, same foot injury Mario had last year.

WTF on side kick recovered? Can this game get any more crazy.

It's not the same injury. Newman has a tear in his foot and Mario had the condition..no tear. Same body part though.

bah007
10-09-2007, 01:39 PM
People can say Dallas played nobody, etc but the Texans barely got by Miami and lost to winless Atlanta. Talking heads don't know anything. The NFL is still a parity filled league where any team can beat another on a given day. When you play a 16 game schedule and grind out a season, any win is a godo win no matter the opponent. The Bears were supposed to be awesome and Dallas took it to their defense. The Dallas Defense suffered from a lack of having Newman and last night he showed why on many plays.

Newman is a top 3 CB in the NFL & the Dallas pass defense is toast when he's not on the field.

Mr teX
10-09-2007, 01:39 PM
Tony's hero is Favre and I believe he's from Wisconsin. Makes sense.

And I've heard Brett himself say watching Romo is liking watching a younger version of himself.

Yeah, the whole gunslinger mentality & all that, i get it, but if i recall Romo also said that the comparisons to Favre are absurd b/c Favre is on a whole other level in his mind & of course, everyone elses.

WWJD
10-09-2007, 01:42 PM
I'm sure Tony knows he's nowhere near Favre's greatness....Brett's the one that said Tony reminded him of himself.

And Romo grew up idolizing Favre..kind of natural that that would be who he would emulate.

Favre is maybe the most fun QB to watch of all times. Great!

bah007
10-09-2007, 01:44 PM
as a DB, I shouldn't have to physically turn my head around to be able to be considered as making a play on the ball.

I agree. But faceguarding is still called because fans love points & the harder you make it for the defense, the easier you make it for the offense.

The DB could be (and probably was) watching TO's eyes and timing his play based on that. As long as you are not physically displacing the receiver it seems to me that you should be able to make that play legally,

That's how I was taught to play CB. If you watch the QB then you are always subject to pump fakes or being looked off, but a WRs eyes can never trick you.

Maddict5
10-09-2007, 01:47 PM
That's how I was taught to play CB. If you watch the QB then you are always subject to pump fakes or being looked off, but a WRs eyes can never trick you.

tell that to fred thomas- if i remember right berrian punked him pretty badly in the NFCCG last year by 'looking him off'

bah007
10-09-2007, 02:50 PM
This just in...
Matt Schaub...4 ints in 5 games
Tony Romo.....8 ints in 5 games

I'm just saying....Schaub is the S-H-I-...

Matt Schaub...5 TDs in 5 games
Tony Romo....13 TDs in 5 games

I like how you left that part out. This is a Texans board, but we can still be objective.

Hate Dallas or not, Romo is still a pretty good player. Just sayin.

Second Honeymoon
10-09-2007, 02:57 PM
tex- i aint hatin on ya, you just shouldn't think that Edwards was doing a good job because the whole damn announcing booth was homering for the Bills. He lost the game for them when you look at it closely. The bills offense only scored 3 points and they gave up 3 points at the end of the game on offense which would have iced the game (see Newman's pick).

its not all Edwards fault as their roster is a Who's Not in the NFL. Blame Rich and his greed and their ineptitude as an organization.

I say, great job Cowboys. You made the Bills fans eat a sandwich de mierda that was still only a fraction of the one Frank Reich made us eat after the 35-3 game. For crying out loud, the Bills are the reason the Oilers were ran out of town when you look at it closely. Screw them, screw their fans, and screw their bleeping city. **** Buffalo. (thanks TJ for the wit at the end)

Mr teX
10-09-2007, 03:27 PM
tex- i aint hatin on ya, you just shouldn't think that Edwards was doing a good job because the whole damn announcing booth was homering for the Bills. He lost the game for them when you look at it closely. The bills offense only scored 3 points and they gave up 3 points at the end of the game on offense which would have iced the game (see Newman's pick).

its not all Edwards fault as their roster is a Who's Not in the NFL. Blame Rich and his greed and their ineptitude as an organization.

I say, great job Cowboys. You made the Bills fans eat a sandwich de mierda that was still only a fraction of the one Frank Reich made us eat after the 35-3 game. For crying out loud, the Bills are the reason the Oilers were ran out of town when you look at it closely. Screw them, screw their fans, and screw their bleeping city. **** Buffalo. (thanks TJ for the wit at the end)

LOL, naw it's cool, i just posted all this stuff without knowing how much you disliked the Bills, which kind of clouds your judgement on this particular talking point imo. I look at that infamous game more as the Oilers losing it than the Bills winning it & for that reason i can't hate them the same way that i hate the Cowboys.... or the titans for that matter.

I can't cheer for the cowboys under any circumstances & last night was shaping up to be a great night in sports for me; I won my ff game, the yankees lost & the cowboys were about to Lo............................ &^%$!

The Dream
10-09-2007, 04:22 PM
lol @ the bills............that's all I have to say....that's all that needs to be said.

Dread-Head
10-09-2007, 04:46 PM
"I Hate the Dallas Cowboys and Who Elected Them America's Team Anyway?"
:Bert Sugar.

"F" the Cowgirls!
They haven't played anyone yet anyway.

The Dream
10-09-2007, 04:47 PM
^^^yes they have...they've just beaten all of them, lol.....who can you honestly say is better than them in the NFC right now (besides the Packers)?????

Romo > Schaub

worldlyman
10-10-2007, 01:13 AM
Matt Schaub...5 TDs in 5 games
Tony Romo....13 TDs in 5 games

I like how you left that part out. This is a Texans board, but we can still be objective.

Yes, but Romo's had his gamebreaking receiver healthy. And the defenses Romo has gone up against aren't quite that good.

The Cowboys have played against four defenses that are in the bottom 10 (Chicago, Miami, Buffalo and St. Louis). The Texans had to play against only two defense that are in the bottom 10 (Miami and Carolina).
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/statistics?sort=ypg&stat=team&pos=def&league=nfl&season=2&year=2007

Schaub has had to work without his versatile starting running back and game-breaking Pro Bowl wide receiver. But Schaub has done a decent job moving the ball with 3rd string receivers. Could Romo do that without Terrell Owens to run interference and draw coverage away from Pat Crayton?

And Schaub has not yet turned the ball over six times in one game.

Bottom line, Schaub is currently ranked a higher passer with a higher completion % and half as many picks as Romo.
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/statistics?stat=pass&sort=rat&league=nfl&season=2&year=2007

Just sayin'.