PDA

View Full Version : The running game?

gtexan02
10-08-2007, 09:45 AM
Who is to blame for yesterdays poor running performance?

Our offensive line and its inability to open holes?

Our running backs for running right into the middle of piles instead of into open field?

Our coaches for poor playcalling?

The other teams run defense for really stepping up?

gtexan02
10-08-2007, 10:22 AM
Personally I think yesterday was a mixture of our run blocking and Zach Thomas. Imagine how different our run D would be without DeMeco in there.

A smart MLB makes a huge difference

Tailgate
10-08-2007, 10:41 AM
Personally I think yesterday was a mixture of our run blocking and Zach Thomas. Imagine how different our run D would be without DeMeco in there.

A smart MLB makes a huge difference

Although Miami gave up 191 and 166 yards rushing in each game against Wash and Dallas when Zach Thomas played.

DBCooper
10-08-2007, 10:45 AM
The run up the middle into the brick wall on just about every first down play, made me want to choke someone.

Texans Horror
10-08-2007, 10:46 AM
The o-line is still the basic problem with the Texans, but you have to credit Zach Thomas. That little Red Raider was all over the field, as usual, and making good plays. And Ron Dayne/Samkon Gado are a pretty average to sub-par running back combo. So I think it is a combination of all three. Not having Green really hurts the Texans, but not having run-blockers is pretty crappy too.

Corrosion
10-08-2007, 01:12 PM
You forgot to add this one ....

Dayne and Gado have no talent and the O-line doesnt open any holes .

To be blunt I dont think Green's return helps this running game very much . He had a lot of negative plays as well as plays for 0-2 yards prior to being sidelined . :gun:

rmartin65
10-08-2007, 01:18 PM
It was a combination of them. Green not being there hurt, the line is not doing well, and the play calls have not been the greatest.

Yankee_In_TX
10-08-2007, 02:00 PM
Anyone notice our running game has gone downhill since McKinney got hurt?

YellerLotYeller
10-08-2007, 02:03 PM
At first I wanted to vote for Dayne and Gado having no talent. They just seem to run into the backs of the OL, but if the OL could get a push then their backs wouldnt be there. So I went with the OL to blame.