PDA

View Full Version : Pacman says he's earned right to be reinstated

Errant Hothy
10-08-2007, 10:38 AM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3053100

ATLANTA -- Suspended Titans cornerback Adam "Pacman" Jones said he's done enough to be reinstated back to the NFL early.

Jones, suspended for the 2007 season in April for violating the NFL's personal conduct policy, said that he'll meet with NFL commissioner Roger Goodell later this month about reinstatement after 10 games. His case won't be reviewed until after the Titans' 10th game on Nov. 19.

"I think I did enough. I did pretty much everything Mr. Goodell asked me to do. So, all I can do is just wait and go back to speak with him," Jones said in an interview in Sunday's editions of The Atlanta Journal-Constitution.

Good ol' Pac-Man. Always good for a laugh.

Blazing Arrow
10-08-2007, 01:56 PM
At least he does not stand over an unconscious man and taunt him.

bah007
10-08-2007, 02:08 PM

Nah that's true.

He just has his bodyguard go blast the guy.

Blazing Arrow
10-08-2007, 03:08 PM
Nah that's true.

The difference is not convicted or even accused of murder vs doing something like that on national TV then later trying to justify your actions. Especially after just two weeks ealier one of your team mates was in the same basic position.

Specnatz
10-08-2007, 03:38 PM
The difference is not convicted or even accused of murder vs doing something like that on national TV then later trying to justify your actions. Especially after just two weeks ealier one of your team mates was in the same basic position.

He did not stand over him he said something as he walked by and pointed at him. You ASSume he taunted because that is what every announcer has called it and that is what the flag was for. But he could have easily said F U.

Ckw
10-08-2007, 03:41 PM
Plus it wasn't like Travis Johnson knew he was really hurt. He had no clue. He was just ticked off at Trent Green for clipping him and when he saw him on the ground, he probably just thought he got the wind knocked out of him or something like that. Then he just gave him a little piece of his mind so Green would know not to do that next time. But something tells me Blazing Arrow would be singing an entirely different tune if it were Albert Hainsworth.

TexansLucky13
10-08-2007, 03:43 PM

Someone is in Pacman denial. I pity you.

Texan_Bill
10-08-2007, 03:48 PM

Trent Green got exactly what he deserved. A) he's a QB and knows about protecting knees B) he has a history of concussions, (really dumb to lead with your head) and C) It was a cheap shot...

Again,

It was a cheap shot...

The only issue I have with TJ, is his after the game interview. He could have let it go..

WWJD
10-08-2007, 03:49 PM
Plus it wasn't like Travis Johnson knew he was really hurt. He had no clue. He was just ticked off at Trent Green for clipping him and when he saw him on the ground, he probably just thought he got the wind knocked out of him or something like that. Then he just gave him a little piece of his mind so Green would know not to do that next time. But something tells me Blazing Arrow would be singing an entirely different tune if it were Albert Hainsworth.

How could he not know? He was immediately knocked out...not moving.

Texan_Bill
10-08-2007, 03:49 PM
Back to topic. Pac-man is still a punk that deserves nothing.

Texan_Bill
10-08-2007, 03:50 PM
How could he not know? He was immediately knocked out...not moving.

Possibly he didn't know because he was busy bouncing off the his head - upside down. He immediately popped up and walked towards Green.

Brando
10-08-2007, 03:56 PM

No kidding, on the unsportmanlike penalty(Haynesworth on the Cowboys Gurode), BA would probably say "Ah he was just trying to kill the mosquito on his face".

Texan_Bill
10-08-2007, 04:01 PM
Haynesworth (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CwxMRPTsYeo)

Haynesworth is a class act.

HOU-TEX
10-08-2007, 04:05 PM
Nah that's true.

As bad as this sounds, it was quite humerous and sadly might be true.:user:

Brando
10-08-2007, 04:15 PM
Haynesworth (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CwxMRPTsYeo)

Haynesworth is a class act.

That's the one I was talking about......

At least he does not stand over a man on his back and maul his face with his cleats.

Blazing Arrow
10-08-2007, 05:00 PM
He did not stand over him he said something as he walked by and pointed at him. You ASSume he taunted because that is what every announcer has called it and that is what the flag was for. But he could have easily said F U.

Don't let visual proof step in the way of your argument ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2weKmGtemn8

Blazing Arrow
10-08-2007, 05:21 PM

Rewatch the play he is definalty looking to give Green a piece of his mind. If you have the wind knocked out of you you roll around not lay lifeless on the ground. His own player had to tell him to move on. Classless!

I have been very vocal about my feelings on AH. If you really want to hear them thoughts on the guy take a look on goTitans. I think the guy is a slug and constantly has issues. This was not his first stomp. The other came a year or so before in practice to our C.

Texan_Bill
10-08-2007, 05:25 PM

I don't know what video you watched, because the link you provided CLEARLY shows that TJ never really quit walking towards the sideline. It's obvious that he had some harsh words for the cheap shot artist - but thats it.

Hervoyel
10-08-2007, 05:30 PM

Complete crock of manure post. The clip is in multiple places online so maybe go take a look at it and know what you're talking about.

Hervoyel
10-08-2007, 05:36 PM

Yeah, you should learn to tell the difference between slow motion and real time. Travis Johnson walked by him, except in clips like that where they chose to slow him to a crawl above Trent Green to prove their point.

Blazing Arrow
10-08-2007, 05:37 PM
Trent Green got exactly what he deserved.

Pretty sad comment right there. Lost a little respect for you. No one deserves to be hurt that plays a game. Green was in the center of a blown play with players all over the place. He had no position to make a block so he went down. It was a legal shot. You sound like a pats fan.

A) he's a QB and knows about protecting knees B) he has a history of concussions, (really dumb to lead with your head) and C) It was a cheap shot...

Lead with his head. He tried to block w his shoulder .... ?

Dumb or not you do not go back and shout at an unconscious man.

The only issue I have with TJ, is his after the game interview. He could have let it go..

It shows a level of ignorance to still have no clue when the guy was carried off in a stretcher especially considering it was in this season that he watched a team mate go through the same thing.

So all of the people bring up AH as an example are in agreement that he should receive a 5 game suspension then correct? Yeah I thought not. :rolleyes:

Texan_Bill
10-08-2007, 05:47 PM
Pretty sad comment right there. Lost a little respect for you. No one deserves to be hurt that plays a game. Green was in the center of a blown play with players all over the place. He had no position to make a block so he went down. It was a legal shot. You sound like a pats fan.

Lead with his head. He tried to block w his shoulder .... ?

Dumb or not you do not go back and shout at an unconscious man.

It shows a level of ignorance to still have no clue when the guy was carried off in a stretcher especially considering it was in this season that he watched a team mate go through the same thing.

So all of the people bring up AH as an example are in agreement that he should receive a 5 game suspension then correct? Yeah I thought not. :rolleyes:

Don't really care. If you are condoning a person doing something that can end another man's livelihood - than the feelings of lost respect are mutual..

Trent Green is the victim here. BUT not Travis Johnson's victim. He is a victim of his OWN stupidity. As someone has already said, "Karma is a *****!"
I am really pretty pissed that TJ is the one being villified, when Green is the cheap shot artist...

Blazing Arrow
10-08-2007, 05:53 PM
Yeah, you should learn to tell the difference between slow motion and real time. Travis Johnson walked by him, except in clips like that where they chose to slow him to a crawl above Trent Green to prove their point.

Yes when I am walking back to the sideline I break stride pushing my feet together then gain take a stride. Not only that but you can clearly see Danny Clark move towards him to tell him to move on. At least Clark can use some common sense.

Leahmic223
10-08-2007, 05:59 PM
Its funny how all the EX NFL players completely understand where TJ is coming from.

Brando
10-08-2007, 06:01 PM
Its funny how all the EX NFL players completely understand where TJ is coming from.

Exactly.

Blazing Arrow
10-08-2007, 06:03 PM
Don't really care. If you are condoning a person doing something that can end another man's livelihood - than the feelings of lost respect are mutual..

Do you honesly believe that Green was attempting to injure? I guess anything that props up a Texans player, they can do no wrong .... :rolleyes:

Trent Green is the victim here. BUT not Travis Johnson's victim. He is a victim of his OWN stupidity. As someone has already said, "Karma is a *****!"
I am really pretty pissed that TJ is the one being villified, when Green is the cheap shot artist...

Was it or was it not a legal hit?

Brando
10-08-2007, 06:04 PM
Yes when I am walking back to the sideline I break stride pushing my feet together then gain take a stride. Not only that but you can clearly see Danny Clark move towards him to tell him to move on. At least Clark can use some common sense.

Back to the topic of the thread before you hijacked it.

Pac-man has no common sense.............

Hervoyel
10-08-2007, 06:06 PM

Between 3 and 4 seconds from the moment he spots Green to the moment he walks past him. That's an amazingly short period of time to cover that distance and still have enough time to "stand over him".

I'm also duly impressed with your ability to read Danny Clarks lips from a youtube video. For all you know Danny Clark told him that coach Kubiak had cookies on the sideline and he'd better hurry up and get some before they were all gone.

Clark probably told him that Green was really hurt and to drop it but then Clark didn't end the play on his head upside down so he knew enough to do that. Johnson got up and found out four seconds later.

Whatever. I never understood trolls anyway.

Blazing Arrow
10-08-2007, 06:14 PM
TexansLucky13

At least be man enough to argue against my point in the forum. First this is a rival talk forum so down rep'ing makes no sense and you have not really proven a point accept in your own mind.

Texan_Bill
10-08-2007, 06:16 PM
Do you honesly believe that Green was attempting to injure? I guess anything that props up a Texans player, they can do no wrong .... :rolleyes:

The guy is a 37 year old QB.... He's been playing the game for 30 years... QB's know the importance of knees. Intent to injure has nothing to do with it. Intending to clip somebody at the knees is the issue. .

Blazing Arrow
10-08-2007, 06:20 PM
I'm also duly impressed with your ability to read Danny Clarks lips from a youtube video. For all you know Danny Clark told him that coach Kubiak had cookies on the sideline and he'd better hurry up and get some before they were all gone.

Clark probably told him that Green was really hurt and to drop it but then Clark didn't end the play on his head upside down so he knew enough to do that. Johnson got up and found out four seconds later.

The pushing on his back towards the sidelines while he was looking down and pointing angrily
down at Greens lifeless body. If it walk talks and acts like a duck .... :hmmm:

Whatever. I never understood trolls anyway.

I never understand lemmings on a board either.

Blazing Arrow
10-08-2007, 06:25 PM
The guy is a 37 year old QB.... He's been playing the game for 30 years... QB's know the importance of knees. Intent to injure has nothing to do with it. Intending to clip somebody at the knees is the issue. .

I'll repeat:

Texan_Bill
10-08-2007, 06:27 PM
I'll repeat:

So is tackling someone by their hair, but you don't see it....

Blazing Arrow
10-08-2007, 06:59 PM
So is tackling someone by their hair, but you don't see it....

Most players on O do not wear long hair for that exact reason. I believe it was edge who originally complained about the hair tackle and the league upheld it was legit.

Htownsportsfan
10-08-2007, 07:24 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3053100

Good ol' Pac-Man. Always good for a laugh.

I love it when peoiple speak to the media who have no idea what they are saying.

I did pretty much everything Mr. Goodell asked me to do.

Pretty much? What an A-hole!

Double Barrel
10-08-2007, 07:38 PM

This is a classic straw man argument (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Straw_man).

As trolls go, you do a mighty fine job of diverting attention away from the point of the thread. There is no connection between Travis Johnson's situation and Pacman Jones, other than your successful creation of the infamous straw man diversion.

There is a multi-page thread in the main football forum about the Johnson/Green play. If this diversion were anywhere but the troll sub-forum, I'd snip the subject and place it in the proper place.

But nothing changes the fact that Pacman is a thug and should be treated as such by the NFL commish. Put sprinkles on a turd and it still smells like poop. Pacman did not change his flawed character overnight. I have little doubt the commish knows this, as well.

JDizzle
10-08-2007, 08:14 PM
I'm not sure what TJ said to Green while he was on the ground but I'm sure it wasn't anything like "LET'S SMOKE THIS FOOL!"

Blazing Arrow
10-08-2007, 08:23 PM
I did not feel the need to start another thread about Johnson. I could if you like?

The issue is if I bring up my opinion on the matter in your main forum I have no chance to post. I'll get down rep'ed because my opinion differs and get a barage of non-sense posts where I have to link back to my original thoughts just to make one of the homers actually read it.

Last time it happened when I agreed to stay out of it .... :gun:

http://texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?p=695848#post695848

Down rep'ed by "Texan Chick" for insigating ....

YellerLotYeller
10-08-2007, 08:24 PM
Would it have been okay for TJ to bite Green's ankle?

Blazing Arrow
10-08-2007, 08:33 PM
Would it have been okay for TJ to bite Green's ankle?

Funny that is not in the police report at all and later test on the accused bit mark revealed no DNA match and no teeth match. Assuming the reason you mentioned this was to dog on Pacman.

TexansLucky13
10-08-2007, 08:43 PM
TexansLucky13

At least be man enough to argue against my point in the forum. First this is a rival talk forum so down rep'ing makes no sense and you have not really proven a point accept in your own mind.

Ah, I must have struck a nerve. I love your direct response... it reveals insecurity.

Your post didn't deserve to be discussed. Despite all attempts on this board, we have never been able to cure your flawed logic on a great many subjects. Why try? It seems I found the best way to deal with it.

But for the record, I agree with many people on here who are finding it ironic for a Titans fan to be pointing fingers about bad conduct.

Blazing Arrow
10-08-2007, 09:01 PM
Ah, I must have struck a nerve. I love your direct response... it reveals insecurity.

Your post didn't deserve to be discussed. Despite all attempts on this board, we have never been able to cure your flawed logic on a great many subjects. Why try? It seems I found the best way to deal with it.

But for the record, I agree with many people on here who are finding it ironic for a Titans fan to be pointing fingers about bad conduct.

I was not the one unwilling to put my thoughts out to the public. You sent a message via the rep process. Seems you were the one so insecure about your reply that only I could see it .... or did I miss something?

Doesn't "get" to me, I was just pointing out the pointlessness of what you did. It shows your age .....

I have never defended the actions of either AH or Pacman. I have defended a fair treatment of the situation across the board for all players in the NFL. I find it funny that still someone comes to dog pacman with the classless action of there own player looming.

:potkettle:

The hit was fine, being angry about the hit is even acceptable, walking over and pointing to an unconscious man laying on the ground for less then a second could even be understood but once he realize that Green was not moving his decency as a human being should have set in and he should have been waving for help. Instead Clark has to guild him to the sidelines. Later he tells the media and who ever will listen just what type of a worthless individual he is. He watched the guy get carried off in a stretcher very similar to what happened to his own team mate and still has no decency. Yeah after his agent told him to STFU he comes out all humble.

To save his job!

GP
10-08-2007, 09:28 PM
He's earned the right to go to a strip club and toss dollar bills around.

Needs to be quiet and just serve the suspension.

Blazing Arrow
10-09-2007, 12:01 AM
He's earned the right to go to a strip club and toss dollar bills around.

Needs to be quiet and just serve the suspension.

100% agreement ....

If he is gone the entire season serves him right ... but I would like him to actually be conviceted of a crime before he is banned .....

Leahmic223
10-09-2007, 02:57 AM
I was not the one unwilling to put my thoughts out to the public. You sent a message via the rep process. Seems you were the one so insecure about your reply that only I could see it .... or did I miss something?

Doesn't "get" to me, I was just pointing out the pointlessness of what you did. It shows your age .....

I have never defended the actions of either AH or Pacman. I have defended a fair treatment of the situation across the board for all players in the NFL. I find it funny that still someone comes to dog pacman with the classless action of there own player looming.

:potkettle:

The hit was fine, being angry about the hit is even acceptable, walking over and pointing to an unconscious man laying on the ground for less then a second could even be understood but once he realize that Green was not moving his decency as a human being should have set in and he should have been waving for help. Instead Clark has to guild him to the sidelines. Later he tells the media and who ever will listen just what type of a worthless individual he is. He watched the guy get carried off in a stretcher very similar to what happened to his own team mate and still has no decency. Yeah after his agent told him to STFU he comes out all humble.

To save his job!

What makes him a worthless individual?

Like I said, I find it odd that the Ex-NFL players completely understand where Travis is coming from. His season could have ended that day, his career could have ended that day. No one sees that, everyone sees a 37 year old QB who launched himself helplessly infront of a semi truck who not only put himself in danger but Travis in danger.

All the guy did was spit out a few words. He verbally attacked a guy for almost giving him a season or career ending injury and all of a sudden he's this horrible horrible person?

I understand the situation Trent Green is in, but say a red car and a blue car crash on a highway. In the red car a woman, in the blue car a teenager in his new car. Say it was the blue car's fault, and say the result was the driver of the blue car was paralyzed yet the red car received no significant damage.

With that said, since the driver of the Blue car was the one that received the damage and was the one that initiated the crash...and the driver had a major injury...who do you thinks get the most sympathy out of that?

That is all this is, sympathy. Do you expect the woman to have sympathy for the driver although he almost ended her life? I don't think she would have any sympathy for the Teenager or she would be a reall forgiving person.

That's where Travis is at, why should he have any sympathy for a man that could have ended his career or season? All he did was verbally attack the guy, man I hope he didn't hurt Trent Green's feelings...

With that said Travis had to have a MRI on his knee, he's lucky he got out of that safe but Kubiak says he has one hell of a bruise. I think you bipolar are seeing things from one side. Do you completely ignore that Travis was flipped on that play and could have hurt his knee, his wrist, and his neck? As Mike Ditka said several times, when I heard it was a injury on the play I thought it was Travis who was hurt not Green.

Travis was in the wrong for his comments AFTER the game, that is all. He could have handled that better but he did apologize for going too far. Also whether or not you think it was sincere or not who cares, he apologized. Even if he came out apologizing the first time some people would still not have thought it to be sincere. Even if he apologized in the first place he wouldn't have meant it, so what does it matter?

I just don't get how this makes Travis such a horrible human being, some people are going way overboard with this. One guy says he wishes Travis got hurt and never play ball again, and some people are saying he's this horrible man, this horrible person. Did he make a classless statement after the game, yeah I agree with you he did, but does that make him horrible person? I guess you've never said anything bad to any one right?

Texan_Bill
10-09-2007, 08:29 AM
Most players on O do not wear long hair for that exact reason. I believe it was edge who originally complained about the hair tackle and the league upheld it was legit.

It was that pot smoking R. Williams who got pulled down by his hair. The guy who did it was ridiculed because its one of those 'unspoken' sportsman type rules... You know, like going after someone's knees who are in a full sprint across the field looking at a ball carrier...

Trent Green chose to take the cheap shot and he suffered the consequences.

Brandon420tx
10-09-2007, 10:00 AM
I'll repeat:

Ok, you go play in the NFL, and constantly tackle people below the thighs. When asked about it to the media say, "Hey, its a legal hit guys." Then see how many nights you can walk around outside without being misteriously mugged by a group of masked muscle bound "hoodlums" who smash your knee caps into the concrete.:deadhorse

I understand when you hit someone from the thigh pad down when your in front of them and they can see you. but coming in from behind out of their field of vision and aiming low seriously needs to be reviewed by the NFL. Travis Johnsons comments after the game make him look stupid and I blame the coaching staff for not telling him what to say when the media showed up in the locker room.

The following comments from the media are exaggerations intended to make Travis look bad.

"Johnson stood over Green taunting him" and "Johnson kneed Green in the head"

The picture I get from this is TJ doing his best Swan Princess leap and ramming his knee into an unsuspecting Trent just trying to avoid the play, followed up by immeadiatly standing over him for 3 seconds saying "How about those moves *****! hahahahaha, I'm going to dance now (Proceeds to funky chicken)"

Back on Topic: As long as Pacman doesn't come back before week 14, not that he should be allowed back IMO

Blazing Arrow
10-09-2007, 02:20 PM
What makes him a worthless individual?

Worthless might be a little harsh but the comments after the game sure show character or lack of.

All the guy did was spit out a few words. He verbally attacked a guy for almost giving him a season or career ending injury and all of a sudden he's this horrible horrible person?

Word express beliefs and beliefs make us the type of person we are. He voiced his beliefs after watching Green taken off in a stretcher.

I understand the situation Trent Green is in, but say a red car and a blue car crash on a highway. In the red car a woman, in the blue car a teenager in his new car. Say it was the blue car's fault, and say the result was the driver of the blue car was paralyzed yet the red car received no significant damage.

With that said, since the driver of the Blue car was the one that received the damage and was the one that initiated the crash...and the driver had a major injury...who do you thinks get the most sympathy out of that?

That is all this is, sympathy. Do you expect the woman to have sympathy for the driver although he almost ended her life? I don't think she would have any sympathy for the Teenager or she would be a reall forgiving person.

That's where Travis is at, why should he have any sympathy for a man that could have ended his career or season? All he did was verbally attack the guy, man I hope he didn't hurt Trent Green's feelings...

I would not expect the women to get our of her car and yell at the mangled body in the car eventually having the paramedics usher her off. Most people in an accident will go over to the other car and check on the other person regardless of who was at fault. It is generally human nature to be concerned for others.

With that said Travis had to have a MRI on his knee, he's lucky he got out of that safe but Kubiak says he has one hell of a bruise. I think you bipolar are seeing things from one side. Do you completely ignore that Travis was flipped on that play and could have hurt his knee, his wrist, and his neck? As Mike Ditka said several times, when I heard it was a injury on the play I thought it was Travis who was hurt not Green.

Green is not an O-lineman, he does not spent 95% of his time working on proper blocking technique. I find it funny that Green is being blamed for the hit as a cheap shot. It looks to me like he was looking to find a CB to throw a block on picked his guy and then realized it was Johnson. He his body in the way and tried to lead with his shoulder. He blew it and took a knee to the head. I am not arguing a mistake was made on Greens part but I do not think injury was intended by either person. Injury did occur though, and along with it Johnson made himself look like a clown and showed his has no care for anyone but himself. Green has a concussion and probably will never play a game again. Johnson should realize that a guy taken off on a stretcher is not a target for ridiculous but he did not.

Travis was in the wrong for his comments AFTER the game, that is all. He could have handled that better but he did apologize for going too far.

After I am sure his agent called him up and said "are you completely stupid? Apologize before this gets any worst ... if that is possible."

Specnatz
10-09-2007, 03:10 PM
After I am sure his agent called him up and said "are you completely stupid? Apologize before this gets any worst ... if that is possible."

His agent? Yes I am sure the team and the coaches did not say a word to him before his agent did.

Blazing Arrow
10-09-2007, 03:56 PM
His agent? Yes I am sure the team and the coaches did not say a word to him before his agent did.

You would think someone would have said something prior to him getting in front of a camera after the game but no one thought it wise. Either they assumed he was smarter then he is or it was not top priority ....

powerfuldragon
10-09-2007, 04:00 PM
If Pacman himself made that determination, i'll stand by it. i know he's a man of his word.

Specnatz
10-09-2007, 04:49 PM
You would think someone would have said something prior to him getting in front of a camera after the game but no one thought it wise. Either they assumed he was smarter then he is or it was not top priority ....

You have obviously never done any type of activity that gets the adrenilin going. From the time a player enters the longer room to the time a reporter can come in and ask questions is only 10 min. Saying something stupid is far less than doing something stupid like stomping on someones head or repeatedly having to be questioned by police about criminal activity.

I take the guy who says something stupid versus does something stupid.

Texan_Bill
10-09-2007, 04:51 PM
I guess the ONLY thing that would have justified TJ's actions are if his knee got blown out - ending his career. I wonder, would ALL be forgiven then??!? :hmmm:

Dread-Head
10-09-2007, 04:57 PM
Yeah...and I've "earned the right" to play connect the dots with Lindsay Lohan's freckles with a can of redi-whip. WHATEVER Pac-man. Take your suspension like a man and shut up.

Leahmic223
10-09-2007, 07:13 PM
Word express beliefs and beliefs make us the type of person we are. He voiced his beliefs after watching Green taken off in a stretcher.

Okay, A man COULD HAVE ENDED his career! What do you want him to hug Trent Green and make him his BFF!?!? I don't understand why TJ SHOULDN'T be mad at Trent Green.

I would not expect the women to get our of her car and yell at the mangled body in the car eventually having the paramedics usher her off. Most people in an accident will go over to the other car and check on the other person regardless of who was at fault. It is generally human nature to be concerned for others.

I really don't think people check on others regardless of who was at fault, I think they go over to the other car to discuss whose fault it may have been. Also, you saw somehting completely different on the field. Travis was not ushered off the field by paramedics... Travis got up, pointed at him and walked away. He DID NOT STAND OVER GREEN, did you see the game live?
I did and most who saw it live knows that it happened in all about 3 seconds.
You are overexaggerting, no one ushered Travis Johnson off, Danny Clark came to but Travis walked off by himself before Clark even reached him...

Green is not an O-lineman, he does not spent 95% of his time working on proper blocking technique. I find it funny that Green is being blamed for the hit as a cheap shot. It looks to me like he was looking to find a CB to throw a block on picked his guy and then realized it was Johnson. He his body in the way and tried to lead with his shoulder. He blew it and took a knee to the head. I am not arguing a mistake was made on Greens part but I do not think injury was intended by either person. Injury did occur though, and along with it Johnson made himself look like a clown and showed his has no care for anyone but himself. Green has a concussion and probably will never play a game again. Johnson should realize that a guy taken off on a stretcher is not a target for ridiculous but he did not.

Lol so once again lets just forget the fact that Travis could have had his season ended and his career ended.

Once again, whether his agent told him to apologize or not it was never going to be sincere to you...so why does it matter when it comes to you if you were going to condemn him in the first place? You wanted to see class and a apology and once he did a little later after the game it was still going to be a BS apology to you any how no matter when it came...

Blazing Arrow
10-09-2007, 10:45 PM
You have obviously never done any type of activity that gets the adrenilin going. From the time a player enters the longer room to the time a reporter can come in and ask questions is only 10 min. Saying something stupid is far less than doing something stupid like stomping on someones head or repeatedly having to be questioned by police about criminal activity.

How insightful. I have played plenty of game where the heart is beating and I want to tear my opponent limb from limb but at the end of the game when all is said and done I was also taught to shake the hand of my opponent and understand it is only a game.

Most people from goTitans will tell you I have been on AH case since I joined. Yeah he plays well right now but all he is looking for is $$. We drop him a contract I guarantee he is out at least 3 games due to injury a game or so after. The guy is a slug that only tries when he want to. I would love to have the AH that is playing this season until he retires but when the money drops he will get soft again.

I take the guy who says something stupid versus does something stupid.

Saying something of such ignorance usually tips the hat that he has done something stupid ....

Blazing Arrow
10-09-2007, 10:57 PM
I guess the ONLY thing that would have justified TJ's actions are if his knee got blown out - ending his career. I wonder, would ALL be forgiven then??!? :hmmm:

Well first off the moron would not have had a chance to stand up and taunt Green. Problem solved ... but that is not what a Texans fan wants to hear.

Blazing Arrow
10-09-2007, 10:59 PM
Yeah...and I've "earned the right" to play connect the dots with Lindsay Lohan's freckles with a can of redi-whip. WHATEVER Pac-man. Take your suspension like a man and shut up.

Has he filed a grievance since challenging the suspension?

NO

So I guess this rant is pointless? :rolleyes:

Brandon420tx
10-09-2007, 11:38 PM
Well first off the moron would not have had a chance to stand up and taunt Green. Problem solved ... but that is not what a Texans fan wants to hear.

Actually, thats kind of what I thought when I first thought of that scenario. But when that happens and green doesn't get knocked out, suddenly Green is the evil one.

Leahmic223
10-10-2007, 06:55 AM
Actually, thats kind of what I thought when I first thought of that scenario. But when that happens and green doesn't get knocked out, suddenly Green is the evil one.

Nope, he's going to ignore that. Nice Try though.

Dread-Head
10-10-2007, 09:36 AM
Has he filed a grievance since challenging the suspension?

NO

So I guess this rant is pointless? :rolleyes:

Three sentences don't qualify as a "Rant". Incidentally he screwed up and got suspended. It's not our fault the man's a thug :bat: whose idiocy caught up with him.

Double Barrel
10-10-2007, 11:14 AM
Pacman is still a thug no matter how much attention is diverted towards Travis Johnson.

Page 4 of this thread needed this to be said. :howdy:

Blazing Arrow
10-10-2007, 01:19 PM
Three sentences don't qualify as a "Rant". Incidentally he screwed up and got suspended. It's not our fault the man's a thug :bat: whose idiocy caught up with him.

That's a bold statement ... :joker: