PDA

View Full Version : Wtf?

Hook'er
10-07-2007, 08:58 PM
Could someone please tell me how we loose to the Falcons last week & dang near loose to the Phins this week. (Both teams coming into the Texans game w/o a W) I know we have injuries and all, but WTF? I'm worried about the rest of the season, and hopeing we get Jacoby, Dre, & Green back ASAP!:)

Maddict5
10-07-2007, 09:01 PM
both teams were injured and had new starters at qb early on

Maddict5
10-07-2007, 09:04 PM
oh and new coaches.. remember us in kubiak's first few games

Marcus
10-07-2007, 09:07 PM
Let's see now. You're one of those bandwagoners that creamed your jeans when they went up 2-0, and then predicted that we're going to cruise to the Super Bowl, aay??

Go up to the nearest 20 story building, pretend it's your bandwagon, and do a swan dive off of it. Don't count anyone holding a net.

Htownsportsfan
10-07-2007, 09:19 PM
The real answer is not what you want hear. We are just not as good as people want to believe! We have a ton of young talent that needs to mature, some of our mature vets and leaders have gotten injured in Green, Johnson and Mckinney at center. The one real positive I love about this team is even though they are young they never give up and they are never really out of a game. The truth is we are going to lose some games to bad teams and beat some good teams, the most important thing is to grow and mature as we add talent in the drafts and FA.

ChrisG
10-07-2007, 09:23 PM
injuried RB/WR, horrible play calling on offense, poor 2ndary profromance and little to no pressure on the opposing QB

The Pencil Neck
10-07-2007, 10:54 PM
Could someone please tell me how we loose to the Falcons last week & dang near loose to the Phins this week. (Both teams coming into the Texans game w/o a W) I know we have injuries and all, but WTF? I'm worried about the rest of the season, and hopeing we get Jacoby, Dre, & Green back ASAP!:)

There's a lot of things you've got to remember.

1. This is the NFL. All of these guys on both teams are professionals and they're not to be taken lightly.

2. The Falcons might have be 1-4, but they gave the Titans and Panthers all they wanted. The Dolphins may be 0-5 but they're going to win one eventually.

3. We ARE injured.

4. Although I love the direction this team is going, it's not there, yet. I didn't predict this to be an 8-8 team because it was going to dominate every game. The first two games were really a surprise. But we can't expect them to do that every week. We WON this game and it was a fight. That says a lot about our character.

bckey
10-08-2007, 01:05 AM
Let's see now. You're one of those bandwagoners that creamed your jeans when they went up 2-0, and then predicted that we're going to cruise to the Super Bowl, aay??

Go up to the nearest 20 story building, pretend it's your bandwagon, and do a swan dive off of it. Don't count anyone holding a net.

No reason to make a post like this for what he said.

TexansLucky13
10-08-2007, 01:18 AM

Hilarious post, but I agree with bckey.... it wasn't entirely necessary.

Goldensilence
10-08-2007, 01:29 AM
There's a lot of things you've got to remember.

1. This is the NFL. All of these guys on both teams are professionals and they're not to be taken lightly.

2. The Falcons might have be 1-4, but they gave the Titans and Panthers all they wanted. The Dolphins may be 0-5 but they're going to win one eventually.

3. We ARE injured.

4. Although I love the direction this team is going, it's not there, yet. I didn't predict this to be an 8-8 team because it was going to dominate every game. The first two games were really a surprise. But we can't expect them to do that every week. We WON this game and it was a fight. That says a lot about our character.

Another great post PN.

wanted to add a few more.

5: Phins just got the defensive leader Zach Thomas back...don't be surpised over the next few games if the rushing yards against that D start to drop off dramatically.

6. Atl while not the greatest team has pride and have the circle the wagons mentality with the Vick saga really having them rally.

7. We really miss AJ more then anything and the offense will look much better with him back in the lineup healthy. I think Kubiak needs to sit Ron Dayne down again like last year when he started churning his wheels and being a big part of wins. IMO i'd make Dayne inactive fora week and pull a guy like Walker or Lundy back up move them ahead of Dayne to send him strong message. Either way it couldn't hurt to at least see someone else try and give our running game a spark.

Specnatz
10-08-2007, 04:00 AM

No one said superbowl, but if you think the Texans are a pile of crap and can't play then you are even more delusional than the people you are trying to insult.

If you are one of those fans who think we were going to go 0 - 16 you can go take a flying leap onto the titans board.

JamesC
10-08-2007, 04:33 AM
I honestly believe that if we didnt have the injuries to AJ, Green, Jacoby Jones and McKinney we could be undefeated. I do like the fight that this team shows on a more consistant basis. That fight will make the team that much better when we get back some of our top guns.

Marcus
10-08-2007, 07:27 AM
No one said superbowl, but if you think the Texans are a pile of crap and can't play then you are even more delusional than the people you are trying to insult.

If you are one of those fans who think we were going to go 0 - 16 you can go take a flying leap onto the titans board.

Where did I say that I thought the Texans were a pile of crap?

This guy creates a thread called "wtf", say's "I know we have injuries and all, and at the same time says "how could we dang near lose to a couple of winless teams" as if he instantly got amnesia about the injuries.

Only a bandwagoner gets selective memory about injuries. If we had all our guns, yeah we'd probably be 5-0 . . .

so wtf is with the "wtf"?

Thorn
10-08-2007, 07:35 AM
We are not a solid enough team yet to expect much more than 8-8 or 9-7 this year. We've still got holes to fill, even if we had all our guys back. I hate to be the bearer of bad news here, but we have Jacksonville, Titans, and San Diago for the next three games.

Right now we are 3-2, so don't be suprised if we are 4-4 after the next three games.

ObsiWan
10-08-2007, 08:14 AM
We are not a solid enough team yet to expect much more than 8-8 or 9-7 this year. We've still got holes to fill, even if we had all our guys back. I hate to be the bearer of bad news here, but we have Jacksonville, Titans, and San Diago for the next three games.

Right now we are 3-2, so don't be suprised if we are 4-4 after the next three games.

I agree. Things get a lot tougher in October. We're off to a good start by beating the 'Fins. But the other three games are toughies.

10/14 - @ Jacksonville
10/21 - VinceBowl III
10/28 - @ S.D.

We can't play like we played during the last two weeks if we expect to win any of them.

thunderkyss
10-08-2007, 09:06 AM

No, that would be me.

Offensively, I thought we'd be fine, and avg 25 or so points. I figured our running game would have caught on by now, but it's gotten worse.

1) our OL can't open a whole, and couldn't find their way to the second level if you left bread crumbs.

2) Ahman Green got hurt.

3) Ron Dayne doesn't seem like he has anything to prove.

Deffensively, IMHO, we're waiting to see what the other team wants to do, then try to find a way to stop, or slow them down. We give up big plays in the first half, but play much better in the second.

I think we should be dictating on defense what we will allow them to do. Instead, we're taking notes.

I'm also really getting upset with our coaches. He needs to stop experimenting during game time. We need to practice a game plan, and then play that way on Sunday.

but that's me.

Maybe we won't make the SuperBowl, but I'm getting ready to host the AFC Championship game.

HoustonFrog
10-08-2007, 09:09 AM
Its called the NFL where underdogs can beat you any game. We are still the Texans learning to win and have a ton of injuries. Since when did we have automatic wins?

TexansSB07
10-08-2007, 09:12 AM
injuried RB/WR, horrible play calling on offense, poor 2ndary profromance and little to no pressure on the opposing QB

Did YOU watch the game, I saw 4 instances where Dolphins OL had his arm UNDER Texans player arm and ahold of his jersey. Now I keep hearing NFL doing looser interpretation of holding, but that is $#%# Ridiculous. Saw same thing last week against Falcons, holding all over place but only team getting called with holding BOTH weeks..Your Houston Texans

GlassHalfFull
10-08-2007, 09:16 AM
Did YOU watch the game, I saw 4 instances where Dolphins OL had his arm UNDER Texans player arm and ahold of his jersey. Now I keep hearing NFL doing looser interpretation of holding, but that is $#%# Ridiculous. Saw same thing last week against Falcons, holding all over place but only team getting called with holding BOTH weeks..Your Houston Texans

Not to mention the no calls on several pass interfernce penalties. We were wondering who was the refs bookie.:poker: