PDA

View Full Version : One mans take.

BigBull17
10-07-2007, 08:54 PM
My take on the game today.

Defense played ok, they made plays when nessecary, but kinda got pushed around. Mario had the one sack, but it was the difference in the game. It was a sack that alot of D Ends dont make. Tackling was horrible. Too many times did Ronnie Brown get hit around the LOS and get 4-20 yards. Bennett is the starter in a matter of weeks. He played very well in my opinion, keeping his man under wraps.

Offense was pretty bland. No rungame what so ever. We have to do something with it. I dont see how we can not spend money or a high draft pick on it. No way. We also need a left tackle. Salaam is average, but gets beat by good pass rushers. Our ability to pick up 3rd and long was freakin phenominal, considering we had our best playmakers out. Andre Davis has proven that he should be our # 2 WR for the rest of the season. He is a a player, and will complament AJ well when hes healthy. Schaub ( I have no idea how to spell it) was a little eratic, but he made the throws when we needed them.

Very sloppy game, but we got the W, so how can I gripe.

HardcoreTexan
10-07-2007, 08:59 PM
Well said, ( and you did spell Schaub right) lol.
The run game definatly NEEDS a makeover. Hopefully when Green gets healthy again it will improve. Andre Davis has proven himself greatly in the past two games to be our number 2. Cant wait until all our guys are healthy and ready to go, things will look tons better:fans:

HardcoreTexan
10-07-2007, 09:00 PM
Oh yea and how about Kris Brown 5 field goals, 3 for 50+

Can I get a hellllll yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa:fans:

DocBar
10-07-2007, 09:20 PM
My take on the game today.

Defense played ok, they made plays when nessecary, but kinda got pushed around. Mario had the one sack, but it was the difference in the game. It was a sack that alot of D Ends dont make. Tackling was horrible. Too many times did Ronnie Brown get hit around the LOS and get 4-20 yards. Bennett is the starter in a matter of weeks. He played very well in my opinion, keeping his man under wraps.

Offense was pretty bland. No rungame what so ever. We have to do something with it. I dont see how we can not spend money or a high draft pick on it. No way. We also need a left tackle. Salaam is average, but gets beat by good pass rushers. Our ability to pick up 3rd and long was freakin phenominal, considering we had our best playmakers out. Andre Davis has proven that he should be our # 2 WR for the rest of the season. He is a a player, and will complament AJ well when hes healthy. Schaub ( I have no idea how to spell it) was a little eratic, but he made the throws when we needed them.

Very sloppy game, but we got the W, so how can I gripe.
I agree with most of this, but Salaam did pretty dang well. Jason Taylor IS the reigning Defensive Player of the Year. I was much more confused/worried about our run blocking than our pass pro.

BigBull17
10-07-2007, 09:23 PM
Sorry for leaving othe man who broke an NFL record. He was booming the ball, and saved our buts big time. NIce catch.

BigBull17
10-07-2007, 09:45 PM
Salaam is ok, but we need an elite LT. Hes a good back up, but we need another one.