PDA

View Full Version : Dolphins Injury.

Andrew6
10-07-2007, 05:21 PM
Anyone hear word on their QB Trent Green? Saw he was taken out on a stretcher wasn't sure how bad it was.

Andrew6
10-07-2007, 05:23 PM
nevermind

found this

The Dolphins are off to their worst start since losing the first six to open the 2004 season. Things could get worse after quarterback Trent Green suffered a concussion trying to block. He went to a hospital for observation but returned to the stadium after the game.

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/recap?game_id=29257&displayPage=tab_recap&season=2007&week=REG5

Leahmic223
10-07-2007, 05:24 PM
Concussion is all I know of. Since this isn't his first concussion, retirement has to be considered.

Maddict5
10-07-2007, 05:24 PM
meh he'll be fine.. concussed, career's prob over but he was 37 and struggling.. should've prob hung it up last yr

jaybird
10-07-2007, 05:26 PM
Concussion is all I know of. Since this isn't his first concussion, retirement has to be considered.

He should have retired after his last one... and really he should know better... you are old, you have a history of concussions... don't try to block a really big guy by leading with your head.

And with that said... the ***** who taunted him (his name escapes me)... should have been benched for the rest of the quarter. I can understand being upset about Green going for your legs... but you don't taunt a guy whose hurt and still down... and you don't taunt a guy after your defense just made a HUGE play.

drewmar74
10-07-2007, 05:33 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3053104

Miami Dolphins quarterback Trent Green rejoined his team after he sustained a concussion in Sunday's game against Houston and was taken to a hospital.

Green was back in the locker room after the Dolphins' 22-19 loss, with a bandage behind his right ear. He was not made available to the media, but he was going to fly back to Miami with the team, coach Cam Cameron said.

vtech9
10-07-2007, 05:34 PM
He should have retired after his last one... and really he should know better... you are old, you have a history of concussions... don't try to block a really big guy by leading with your head.

And with that said... the ***** who taunted him (his name escapes me)... should have been benched for the rest of the quarter. I can understand being upset about Green going for your legs... but you don't taunt a guy whose hurt and still down... and you don't taunt a guy after your defense just made a HUGE play.

That idi0t that taunted him was #99 Travis Johnson. It was classless, and almost cost the Texans the game. It did cost them a TD, because it gave Miami a 1st down when they most likely would have had to punt. If there was a way that the Texans could legally fine him, I would hit him with the maximum.

jaybird
10-07-2007, 05:35 PM
Thanks! I couldn't remember right off the top of my head... was a horrible play by him... was glad it looked like his position coach riped him a new one afterwards.

Maddict5
10-07-2007, 05:51 PM
give travis a break.. he was (rightfully) pissed about green's dangerous block that could've cost him HIS career.. im sure he didnt think green was seriously injured, just slow getting up so prob just said something like 'that'll ********** teach you to do that'... which i have no problem with him because i know i could easily do the same thing if i was him

jaybird
10-07-2007, 05:53 PM
give travis a break.. he was (rightfully) pissed about green's dangerous block that could've cost him HIS career.. im sure he didnt think green was seriously injured, just slow getting up so prob just said something like 'that'll ********** teach you to do that'... which i have no problem with him because i know i could easily do the same thing if i was him

So you have no problem getting a 15 yard penalty after your defense just made a great play?

Maddict5
10-07-2007, 06:05 PM
So you have no problem getting a 15 yard penalty after your defense just made a great play?

i have no problem with him getting angry at green.. he was unlucky- what he did is sometimes called, alot more not

jaybird
10-07-2007, 06:06 PM
i have no problem with him getting angry at green.. he was unlucky- what he did is sometimes called, alot more not

I have no problem with him angry... yelling at him while he's on the ground is an easy flag for the refs... and from what I could see Greens block was low but legal.

PapaL
10-07-2007, 06:23 PM
This is crazy. He mouthed off to a guy who took a cheap shot at him and he's the jerk? An open field block must be above the waist, no? He started to call him out on it when he realized Green wasn't getting up. At which time he promptly STFU and quickly jogged away. Nothing wrong with his actions. Now if he would have leaned over Green, spit on him and yelled "How's that concussion feel beotch?" Then I would have had an issue with his actions. That was not the case though.

MEGA SWATT
10-07-2007, 06:24 PM

Yep, Travis could have blown out a knee, shoulder or broke a wrist/hand on that block. That taunting was heat of the moment. It's not like travis laid him out with a block & then stood over him sneering:cowboy1:

jaybird
10-07-2007, 06:26 PM
This is crazy. He mouthed off to a guy who took a cheap shot at him and he's the jerk? An open field block must be above the waist, no? He started to call him out on it when he realized Green wasn't getting up. At which time he promptly STFU and quickly jogged away. Nothing wrong with his actions. Now if he would have leaned over Green, spit on him and yelled "How's that concussion feel beotch?" Then I would have had an issue with his actions. That was not the case though.

I don't think an open field block needs to be above the waist but I could be wrong

He didn't propmply jog away from anything... he got up, went right for Green, pointed and yelled for a good while.

Not saying he's a jerk, but what he did was a penalty...

What I REALLY disagree with though is on one of the post game shows they were talking about a fine or penalty on TJ for the taunting... which would be stupid IMO.

rickyb
10-07-2007, 06:29 PM
I have no problem with him angry... yelling at him while he's on the ground is an easy flag for the refs... and from what I could see Greens block was low but legal.

Let's just all agree on the following:
o no one wants to see anyone get a head injury
o angry or not, taunting is a penalty. Ergo, if you taunt, you realize you are putting your TEAM at risk of penalty.

And I will add:
These guys are not emotional college kids. I expect a PROFESSIONAL to be able to control his emotions.

I am not a pro, but I am a fanatic. I about LOST it when TJ got flagged for taunting. The coach was well heeled to rip TJ a much-deserved new one.

TJ -- you got to keep it together, man. Channel it into something else.

Go Texans.

jaybird
10-07-2007, 06:30 PM
Great post Ricky - I agree with it 100%

vtech9
10-07-2007, 06:51 PM
I don't think an open field block needs to be above the waist but I could be wrong

He didn't propmply jog away from anything... he got up, went right for Green, pointed and yelled for a good while.

Not saying he's a jerk, but what he did was a penalty...

What I REALLY disagree with though is on one of the post game shows they were talking about a fine or penalty on TJ for the taunting... which would be stupid IMO.

I agree with it. He damn near cost the Texans the game. I initially saw Green lying there not moving, and knew right away that he was hurt bad. When I couldn't see him moving, I thought he might have been paralyzed. Then I see TJ walk up, stand over him, and angrily point at him while yelling. I knew it was going to be a taunting call before the flag was thrown. It was an easy call.

vtech9
10-07-2007, 06:52 PM
Let's just all agree on the following:
o no one wants to see anyone get a head injury
o angry or not, taunting is a penalty. Ergo, if you taunt, you realize you are putting your TEAM at risk of penalty.

And I will add:
These guys are not emotional college kids. I expect a PROFESSIONAL to be able to control his emotions.

I am not a pro, but I am a fanatic. I about LOST it when TJ got flagged for taunting. The coach was well heeled to rip TJ a much-deserved new one.

TJ -- you got to keep it together, man. Channel it into something else.

Go Texans.

absolutely agree...great post

gwallaia
10-07-2007, 08:04 PM
The same people are having the same conversation in different threads.

PapaL
10-07-2007, 08:18 PM
I agree with it. He damn near cost the Texans the game. I initially saw Green lying there not moving, and knew right away that he was hurt bad. When I couldn't see him moving, I thought he might have been paralyzed. Then I see TJ walk up, stand over him, and angrily point at him while yelling. I knew it was going to be a taunting call before the flag was thrown. It was an easy call.

Short of getting the backup QB, which always kills us, how did he almost cost us the game in the 1st Q?

BullPenPhotos
10-07-2007, 08:28 PM
Yep, Travis could have blown out a knee, shoulder or broke a wrist/hand on that block. That taunting was heat of the moment. It's not like travis laid him out with a block & then stood over him sneering:cowboy1:

Thank you...
When you look at this pic I got...
http://www.texansbullpen.com/07photogallery/Season/2007-10-07-Dolphins-Texans/1stQuarter/DSC_0336.JPG
You can tell that Travis was just a little upset about him trying to take him out. I am sorry when a QB goes down hitting a DL, but you are also a football player...

jaybird
10-07-2007, 08:29 PM
another nice pic man!

Andrew6
10-07-2007, 10:04 PM

Thats funny. I can see why TJ woulda been pissed. If the shoe was on the other foot and TJ woulda had a season ending injury then what would everyone have said. It was unfortunate that Green got hurt but at the same time it was a cheap shot. I don't know too many people that would of acted differently. I remember my senior year of High school I had snapped my leg and was out for 6 weeks. Someone came on a cheap low shot on my leg I had just healed up and damn near put me back out and I was pissed.

kastofsna
10-07-2007, 10:19 PM
illegal hit or not by Green, it's going to be a taunting call no matter what, so stop defending the actual taunting by Johnson, it was idiotic and deserved a penalty.

Brandon420tx
10-07-2007, 10:28 PM
I agree the penalty was deserved, I don't think anyones arguing that, but alot of us feel like it should have been offset.

Really, the only things about this situation I'm upset about are.

1.) The negation of a good defensive play (Why couldn't he just accept that Dunta wanted to knock him out of bounds)

2.) The injury to Green, and the potential injury to TJ

3.) Not getting an offsetting penalty. blocks to the knees should always be a penalty in any situation.

4.) The "God don't like ugly" comment, he could have chose his words better.

5.) The article that says TJ's knee hunted Greens head down like a missile. (which kind of makes me think of the Dane Cook tire to the face joke)

ObsiWan
10-07-2007, 10:43 PM
illegal hit or not by Green, it's going to be a taunting call no matter what, so stop defending the actual taunting by Johnson, it was idiotic and deserved a penalty.

No question the taunting was stupid. He should have saved that anger and used it on the next play.

Speaking of stupid, it was really, really, really stupid for Green to lead with his head at a guy's feet/legs who is running at top speed... did I mention that said guy was 300+ lbs. That was really stupid.

They were both lucky. Green could have gotten his damned neck snapped. And Travis could have suffered a career ending knee injury or got his neck broken too (take another look at that photo, Travis damn near landed on his head)

Stupid.

kastofsna
10-07-2007, 10:48 PM
not really, it's a common play that QB's do. that they're TOLD to do. go low. because you don't win a matchup man-to-man with the 300 pound DT.

BigBull17
10-07-2007, 11:02 PM

Or his neck. Watch the replay, TJ landed on his head. He could have been the third broken neck in the NFL this year. Im not saying Green "got what he deserved" but he did go low when its not allowed and he could have broke TJ's neck. Hard to pout about him being hurt.