PDA

View Full Version : Schaub showed Guts!!!

Atl Cav
10-07-2007, 03:21 PM
I was so sure at the four yard line that we would fold our tents for overtime. I didnt see the game but Matty must have shown a lot of courage. NO WIN IN THE NFL IS EASY! Wait till our other weapons return!!!

Scooter
10-07-2007, 03:25 PM
schaub is incredible! he was off all day and just didnt have his arm on right. there were several ducks and overthrows and just poor passes all around. even at the worst we've seen him, schaub never flinched and kept the offense calm and focused. the poise and leadership displayed by that young man is simply amazing. we really have someone special playing quarterback for the texans!

Nawzer
10-07-2007, 03:30 PM
Matt Schaub, Owen Daniels, Kevin Walter all made big plays today. But Schaub who started the game of shaky did what he had to do to put us in position for the win. And that's really all you can ask for from a player.

Atl Cav
10-07-2007, 03:30 PM
20 out of 34 and 294 yards and he was off??? Well......

shinerbock_girl
10-07-2007, 03:34 PM
I'm proud of all these guys...Walters and Daniels really stepped up, but wait till be get our weapons back....

nunusguy
10-07-2007, 03:38 PM
schaub is incredible! he was off all day and just didnt have his arm on right. there were several ducks and overthrows and just poor passes all around. even at the worst we've seen him, schaub never flinched and kept the offense calm and focused. the poise and leadership displayed by that young man is simply amazing. we really have someone special playing quarterback for the texans!
I agree.
Far from having his "A game" today, Schaub still kept his cool and hung in there and chipped away to help get us an ugly, but nevertheless an all important W. Just remember, they don't give extra credit for style points.

Maddict5
10-07-2007, 03:43 PM
he was a bit off but he was excellent late on.. and eventhough he might have been a little inaccurate he still made plenty of huge plays (only to be offset by holding calls) and was very nice in the last drive

MEGA SWATT
10-07-2007, 03:44 PM
I was so sure at the four yard line that we would fold our tents for overtime. I didnt see the game but Matty must have shown a lot of courage. NO WIN IN THE NFL IS EASY! Wait till our other weapons return!!!

Yes, please....when will we see them:bat:

rollinstone18
10-07-2007, 03:48 PM
It's nice to have a QB who can keep his composure. Schaub's definitely a gamer.

pappy
10-07-2007, 03:59 PM

This team looked like it was being driven by carr However it over came that sorry **** to win , Thank you brown .

Fox
10-07-2007, 03:59 PM
This was Schaub's worst game of the season by far, IMO. He lost another ball on a fumble, he threw an int that wasn't really his fault but it wasn't a good throw even before it was tipped, and he was overthrowing/underthrowing receivers on several occasions. On the bright side, even Schaub's worst performance is enough for this team to win which can't be said for a lot of qb's.

barberman
10-07-2007, 04:03 PM
This man will eventually lead the Texans to the Superbowl. He will only get better.

PapaL
10-07-2007, 04:56 PM

Look at David Carr's stats last year. Stats can be misleading.

Leahmic223
10-07-2007, 05:03 PM
Schaub at his worst is still better than Carr at his best :texflag:

Just wait till Andre, Jacoby, Walters, and Andre number 2 are all ready to play...I hope next week the Jags are ready :pirate:

Hardcore Texan
10-07-2007, 05:33 PM
He is certainly our QB of the present/future, today was a learning experience for him and he did respond well.

Don't get me started on the running game. We need to go after Michael Turner next year.

the wonger need food
10-07-2007, 06:25 PM
A 300-yard game against one of the best pass defenses in the league. A game-winning drive from his own 3. And all of this while being noticably hobbled by the bruised leg. Very courageous effort.

rickyb
10-07-2007, 06:32 PM
he was a bit off but he was excellent late on.. and eventhough he might have been a little inaccurate he still made plenty of huge plays (only to be offset by holding calls) and was very nice in the last drive

Can I just say that my man knows how to run a 2 minute offense? Right on.

IlliniJen
10-07-2007, 06:48 PM
Look at David Carr's stats last year. Stats can be misleading.

To be fair, David Carr got a lot of garbage-time stats.

IlliniJen
10-07-2007, 06:49 PM
A 300-yard game against one of the best pass defenses in the league. A game-winning drive from his own 3. And all of this while being noticably hobbled by the bruised leg. Very courageous effort.

AND, all this without a good running game and having several passes negated by stupid penalties. Let's not forget those damn penalties!

MissouriTexan
10-07-2007, 07:43 PM
How much time was on the clock in that last drive anyway?

Tulip
10-07-2007, 07:46 PM
It was about a 1 minute, 30 second drive.

I seriously had a Capers flashback for a minute. I wasn't sure if they were actually going to run a two-minute drill or if they were going to just run out the clock and wait for overtime. Lots of hesitation early in the drive.

jaybird
10-07-2007, 07:53 PM
AND, all this without a good running game and having several passes negated by stupid penalties. Let's not forget those damn penalties!

no kiddin!

I need to look and see how many more yards we would have had without the big time penalties... too many holding calls today!

Maddict5
10-07-2007, 07:54 PM
How much time was on the clock in that last drive anyway?

1;49 i think

painekiller
10-07-2007, 08:00 PM

Yes he was. He was high he was low he was behind the receivers all day. Everyone who watched should have seen it, even before Gannon pointed it out.

I wonder if his hurt leg last week is more than we heard.

Maddict5
10-07-2007, 08:02 PM
(on the play of QB Matt Schaub) “Well first off, the kid is hurting this week, so we have to give him a lot of credit. He has one hell of a thigh bruise. He’s not moving like he normally does. That was his push-off leg. It was not his best outing, but what you also find out about him today is what he’s made of. That’s playing quarterback in the NFL. You go out there and you’re not up to par, and you still win games. I watched one do that in Denver for 16 years. That’s what you’ve got to be able to do. To have yourself backed up on your own three (yard line) at home, having to go down there to get points, and to have the poise and the throws that he made. They blitzed him on the last play, hit him right in the mouth, and he gets the ball to (WR) Kevin (Walter). He’ll be the first one to stand up here and tell you he’s not real proud of how he played, but I guarantee you we’re proud of how he finished. That’s what we have and we know we can count on him.”

the wonger need food
10-07-2007, 08:04 PM
Yes he was. He was high he was low he was behind the receivers all day. Everyone who watched should have seen it, even before Gannon pointed it out.

I wonder if his hurt leg last week is more than we heard.

He was limping all day and obviously grimacing in pain on the sideline. Luckily he's a gamer... unlike our starting running back.

mike moffat
10-07-2007, 08:10 PM
I gotta say. I was a Carr supporter till the end. But, thank goodness we have Schaub. I have forgotten what's his name. Texans are on the right path.
Go Texans.

edo783
10-07-2007, 08:13 PM
It wasn't a smooth game, it wasn't a dominating win, but he got the job done. Things seemed a bit out of synch all day, but he just kept plugging and doing his best and it worked out.

Marcus
10-07-2007, 08:24 PM
Reading through this thread, I saw Carr's name mentioned over ten times.

I wonder what that means? :rolleyes:

The Pencil Neck
10-07-2007, 08:29 PM
Reading through this thread, I saw Carr's name mentioned over ten times.

I wonder what that means? :rolleyes:

That he was our old QB and it's impossible to talk about the history of the team wrt the QB position without talking about him?

The name Capers came up, too, and he's been gone even longer.

PapaL
10-07-2007, 08:34 PM
To be fair, David Carr got a lot of garbage-time stats.

That is my point exactly. Schaub gets his stats while the game is still being decided and bullets are still flying. Clown Golves got his well after the games were decided.

Htownsportsfan
10-07-2007, 09:09 PM

Amen brother! Schaub hit Andre Davis for two long passes that were brought back due to holding calls.

Exithios
10-08-2007, 07:51 AM
This was Schaub's worst game of the season by far, IMO. He lost another ball on a fumble, he threw an int that wasn't really his fault but it wasn't a good throw even before it was tipped, and he was overthrowing/underthrowing receivers on several occasions. On the bright side, even Schaub's worst performance is enough for this team to win which can't be said for a lot of qb's.

This is why I beleive that Andre Davis should be our #2 wide out over Kevin Walter. Many of you will argue that Walter is playing well, and I won't argue that, but Andre Davis would give us the best chance to win.

My $0.02

GlassHalfFull
10-08-2007, 08:23 AM
Even though we were behind during the game, I never felt it was hopeless. As a matter of fact, I was fairly confident we would win. What a difference from previous years.:doot:

Exithios
10-08-2007, 08:30 AM
I really enjoy Kub's allowing Schaub to throw the deep ball. That makes secondaries nervous and opens up the short yardage pass (and the run with anyone but Chris Farley as the running back). I am still curious to know what we will do with the #2 wr position when AJ comes back. My honest opinion is that Andre Davis has more speed and better cut moves than Walter which gives us a better chance to win. Walter just doesn't have the speed to beat secondaries in the post routes.

My $0.02

ObsiWan
10-08-2007, 08:38 AM
I really enjoy Kub's allowing Schaub to throw the deep ball. That makes secondaries nervous and opens up the short yardage pass (and the run with anyone but Chris Farley as the running back). I am still curious to know what we will do with the #2 wr position when AJ comes back. My honest opinion is that Andre Davis has more speed and better cut moves than Walter which gives us a better chance to win. Walter just doesn't have the speed to beat secondaries in the post routes.

My $0.02

This brings up an interesting question. The way Davis has stepped up, how does he not get to be the #2 WR when A.J. returns??

utahmark
10-08-2007, 08:58 AM
just heard on the radio schaub had a deep thigh bruise. wouldnt even admit it untill someone said kubiak already mention it. he still wouldnt admit it bothered him. but kubes says he wasnt able to push off like he normally does.

real
10-08-2007, 09:00 AM
Look towards the thigh bruise on Schaubs push off leg for his early innaccuracies....

As the game went on his leg probably loosned up making it easier to throw...

HoustonFrog
10-08-2007, 09:05 AM
He looked sharp to me the last few drives. This guy impresses me every game!!

Thorn
10-08-2007, 09:24 AM
Schaub is the real deal. I'm glad we have him. Now if we can just get a running back we'll be in great shape.

DBCooper
10-08-2007, 11:02 AM
This brings up an interesting question. The way Davis has stepped up, how does he not get to be the #2 WR when A.J. returns??

I like how Davis is playing, but I think Walter is the better overall wide receiver besides AJ that we have. He runs good routes, he gets open, has good hands, and is not scared to go across the middle.

It's good to see the wideouts step it up.

powerfuldragon
10-08-2007, 11:04 AM
It's nice to have a QB who can keep his composure. Schaub's definitely a gamer.
and it's great to see it in his first year as a starter.

Exithios
10-08-2007, 11:56 AM
and it's great to see it in his first year as a starter.

I am definately high on Schaub. He does not seem to fear the rush and has the pocket presence of a veteran starter. Schaub will make his mistakes but fortunately they have been minimal and typically faulted by more than one person on the offense, be it the wide out or line, when they do occur. The interception that occurred after Walter tipped the pass would likely have been caught or batted down if JJ or Davis were playing the #2.

Schaub is going to be a threat on every down after we get a couple of drafts and free agencies under our belt to give him some protection and a running game. Our defense has looked worse than it is the past couple of games due to our inability to maintain long, consistent drives keeping the defense off the field.

My $0.02

Goldensilence
10-08-2007, 12:47 PM
Schaub has done nothing but exceed my expectations. While iwas skeptical about treadingaway 2 #2 picks.... right now looking at what we could've run with and what Atlanta is doing. It's looking like a steal and once again Atlanta is out of a good QB.

With AJ and Green Back this team will look better but i beleive it'sstill a season away from really being something special. I'm quietly hoping Sherman is gone at the end of the year and Lil Shanahan gets elevated to OC or we pick up someone else. I'd like to see Chris White start to get some reps in, but what I'd really like is Studdard to get moved over. IMO he plays with that mean streak and strength you want from your C.

Chance_C
10-08-2007, 12:59 PM

The interception was the result of a batted ball. Two things resulted in that batted ball. First the throw was high. Second the route was obviously a timing route that got out of time. Either Matt threw to early, or the receiver turned to late. All in all, it was a high throw that the receiver did not have time to adjust to. It was catchable. Now, about the receiver. I've seen two mentions that it was Walter. Is that right? I thought it was Putzier.

infantrycak
10-08-2007, 01:05 PM
The interception was the result of a batted ball. Two things resulted in that batted ball. First the throw was high. Second the route was obviously a timing route that got out of time. Either Matt threw to early, or the receiver turned to late. All in all, it was a high throw that the receiver did not have time to adjust to. It was catchable. Now, about the receiver. I've seen two mentions that it was Walter. Is that right? I thought it was Putzier.

It was Putzier. Ball was a little high, but he didn't need to set it up for a volleyball spike. Billy Miller used to do that as well.

powerfuldragon
10-08-2007, 01:21 PM
from kubiak's postgame comments (http://www.houstontexans.com/news/Story.asp?story_id=3739):

“Well first off, the kid is hurting this week, so we have to give him a lot of credit. He has one hell of a thigh bruise. He’s not moving like he normally does. That was his push-off leg. It was not his best outing, but what you also find out about him today is what he’s made of. That’s playing quarterback in the NFL. You go out there and you’re not up to par, and you still win games."

The Pencil Neck
10-08-2007, 01:31 PM

IF that was a timing route, then you can't say that the throw was high. If Matt was throwing to a spot, he might have thrown it to where Putz was supposed to be.

Either way, that ball hit him in the hands. He's got to make that catch.

And, yes, it was Putzier, not Walter.

HOU-TEX
10-08-2007, 01:33 PM
from kubiak's postgame comments (http://www.houstontexans.com/news/Story.asp?story_id=3739):

When I first read this I couldn't help but think it was BS. Now that I think about it I think of McNabb and his first couple of games this year. They were saying the same thing about his throws being high due to not having a solid plant leg to rely on.

I was quite giddy to see how Schaub and the offense looked on the last drive. It's definetely something that has been missing from the Texans since day 1.:texflag:

Texans Horror
10-08-2007, 03:38 PM
We will get to literally see his guts if he keeps taking blind-sided hits like he did against the Fins. The left side of the line needs to step up its play...

Old School
10-08-2007, 04:13 PM
I like how Davis is playing, but I think Walter is the better overall wide receiver besides AJ that we have. He runs good routes, he gets open, has good hands, and is not scared to go across the middle.

It's good to see the wideouts step it up.
Maybe Walters has better hands but Davis is getting treated like our #1 right now and he is doing what he is doing. Imagine what he can do when AJ comes back and he draws #2 coverage. He will force attention in his direction and take a lot of pressure off AJ. At this time, Davis demands more respect from defenses than Walters. That is what AJ and the offense needs most. :twocents: