PDA

View Full Version : Carr knocked out in NO game

drewmar74
10-07-2007, 02:14 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3053101

"After making his way to the sideline, Carr was carted to the locker room holding his hand over his facemask. A Carolina spokesman said Carr hurt his back and was doubtful to return."

Spled
10-08-2007, 12:54 AM
He came back and pulled out the win. Congrats to Carr.

Hookem Horns
10-08-2007, 01:06 AM
Yeah, Carr lit up the Saints for 119 yards and Bush lit up the Panthers for 67 yards. Just think, we could have had BOTH of those future HOFers on our team.

Vinny
10-08-2007, 01:18 AM
Check out the sack (http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter?game_id=29260&displayPage=tab_gamecenter&season=2007&week=REG5)....hilarious. He holds the ball too long then turns and starts running to the Saints goal line and gets blasted. It captures his spirit.

Spled
10-08-2007, 01:34 AM
Vince Young's a winner when he pulls one off at the last minute, but Carr gets no credit? How does that work?

Vinny
10-08-2007, 01:40 AM
Vince Young's a winner when he pulls one off at the last minute, but Carr gets no credit? How does that work?

go ask for it on the Panther board....I can only speak for myself but I'm just enjoying laughing at that sack...I really don't care to credit his 100 yard passing game and his incredible ability to sack himself and failure to pick apart the worst defense in football (Saints got their first sack of the year today). The Panthers won despite milquetoast quarterbacking. Matt Moore came in when Carr sacked himself and was 1 for 2 with about half the total passing yardage Carr had on the day.

BattleRedToro
10-08-2007, 07:54 AM

Because Vince Young went to UT and is from the Houston, atleast that is what I can seem to make of it.

David Carr's performance against the lowly Saints Defense was similar to their beloved Vince Young's performance.

Admittedly, Vince Young's performance was better, but it wasn't as great as his supporters make it out to be.

Here are the numbers:

David Carr 10 of 17 for 119 yards 1 TD 1 INT 1 Sack, 2 rushes for 6 yards 0 TDs O Fumbles

Vince Young 14 of 22 for 164 yards 2 TDs 1 INT 0 Sacks, 5 rushes for 21 yards 0 TDs 1 Fumble

Hookem Horns
10-08-2007, 09:11 AM

Normally being labeled a winner means that someone wins quite a bit more than they lose. If VY pulled off a game 1 out of 10 starts I don't think anyone would be labeling him a winner after that 1 win.

thunderkyss
10-08-2007, 09:56 AM
David Carr's performance against the lowly Saints Defense was similar to their beloved Vince Young's performance.

Here are the numbers:

David Carr 10 of 17 for 119 yards 1 TD 1 INT 1 Sack, 2 rushes for 6 yards 0 TDs O Fumbles

Vince Young 14 of 22 for 164 yards 2 TDs 1 INT 0 Sacks, 5 rushes for 21 yards 0 TDs 1 Fumble

One guy has been doing this for 6 years. For five of those 6 years, he was doing it for our team.

The other guy is only in his second season.

Call me funny, but I can understand why some people will give the home town kid(who won the NCAA Championship for our State) a little slack, while tearing apart the golden boy who was just here to collect a paycheck.

HoustonFrog
10-08-2007, 10:07 AM
One guy has been doing this for 6 years. For five of those 6 years, he was doing it for our team.

The other guy is only in his second season.

Call me funny, but I can understand why some people will give the home town kid(who won the NCAA Championship for our State) a little slack, while tearing apart the golden boy who was just here to collect a paycheck.

Exactly. The funny part is that the Panther fans are more peeved at his performance this week than last. They are starting to see the same thing...short passes..not pocket presence. Steve Smith turned a 5 yard out into a TD. Their fans are giving him no credit and think he is a joke..at least they acoming around that way. VY admitted he stunk this week but in his second year and still learning it is alot better than watching the missing stooge run around the field.

Brando
10-08-2007, 11:47 AM
He threw his INT when the game was tied and they were driving down the field in Saints territory. Just like Vince, DC won the game despite himself.

Texans_Chick
10-08-2007, 04:03 PM
MJD is one of the funniest writers anywhere (language warning). He has restarted his Smorgasboard back on Deadspin (http://deadspin.com/sports/the-mjd-smorgasbord/a-special-kind-of-pain-308204.php).

• David Carr, after switching to black gloves last week, is back to the white gloves this week. Dan Marino was right; those look really really gay. I suppose if you're Tom Brady or Peyton Manning, you can get away with that, but if you're David Carr ... you just look like a physically overqualified member of the marching band.

David Carr drops back ... and it's as if he knows his game just went to a national audience, the pressure kicked in, and he threw an interception. Amazing. Of course, the because the Saints are terrible, they can't advance the ball past where it was returned, and they settle for a 54-yard field goal attempt, and of course, miss.

drewmar74
10-08-2007, 06:54 PM
MJD is one of the funniest writers anywhere (language warning). He has restarted his Smorgasboard back on Deadspin (http://deadspin.com/sports/the-mjd-smorgasbord/a-special-kind-of-pain-308204.php).

Holy crap... I haven't laughed this hard in freakin' ages.....

That line about the "Punjabi Prison Match" was priceless.

Thanks for that TC. After a day in which I got to drive my truck through 15 inches of saltwater 2 times and my hard drive crashed, I needed that.

the wonger need food
10-08-2007, 08:37 PM
Check out the sack (http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter?game_id=29260&displayPage=tab_gamecenter&season=2007&week=REG5)....hilarious. He holds the ball too long then turns and starts running to the Saints goal line and gets blasted. It captures his spirit.

Thanks for the link, that was friggin' hilarious. Panther fans are in for a real treat this season.

BattleRedToro
10-08-2007, 08:42 PM
I have heard many derogatory remarks about David Carr's gloves.

I believe he has been advised to wear them to help reduce his fumbling tendencies.

As for how they look, if I were a Panthers fan I wouldn't care if they were pink with paisleys if it meant it made him play better and gave my team a better chance to win.

Vinny
10-08-2007, 08:43 PM
I hope his gloves grade out higher than Carr's game does....if not, they should not read the papers.

BattleRedToro
10-08-2007, 08:48 PM
I hope his gloves grade out higher than Carr's game does....if not, they should not read the papers.

Maybe I should have posted:

"... David Carr's use of gloves ..."

IlliniJen
10-08-2007, 09:44 PM
Perhaps he'll be wearing his white gloves when he gets his haircut for winning two consecutive games. Oh wait...

TheIronDuke
10-08-2007, 10:12 PM
I just don't understand why Carr has to wear WHITE gloves, they DO look very gay. He got called out by one of the greatest QB's ever for them. He could at least switch to black gloves. God, does David Carr always have to color-coordinate based on his freaking gloves? It is 100% gay and he should just wear black gloves full-time.

Texans_Chick
10-08-2007, 10:14 PM

I believe he has been advised to wear them to help reduce his fumbling tendencies.

As for how they look, if I were a Panthers fan I wouldn't care if they were pink with paisleys if it meant it made him play better and gave my team a better chance to win.

The glove problem is in his freaking head.

The only situation where traditionally he has fumbled more than normal was the snap. This had nothing to do with the grip on the ball and more because he had still hands in practice and got nervous hands during games and kept poking the center in the nads. So when the center kept getting poked, especially in loud road stadiums, the centers thought it was some odd signal to hike the ball, because they weren't used to him doing that.

As for his other fumbles, as a percentage of times he gets sacked, he doesn't fumble more than any other quarterback really. He is fairly average that way. The problem is that he is the incredible self-sacking quarterback so he gets sacked more often than the average QB and fumbles.

He originally wore one glove--Michael Jackson style--last season after he had a particularly self-sacking fumbly game. And then kept it.

But then when he went to the Panthers, he went to two gloves, ostensibly for hygeine reasons--so he wouldn't be licking his fingers to get a better grip on the ball or signal that he was about to pass. Yup, that was his explanation.

Usually, quarterbacks do not like wearing gloves because it reduces their feel on the ball. Some wear gloves when it is cold, but it's my believe that Carr is just so traumatized about all sorts of hold onto the ball advice, that he is looking for something to help him out.

Physically, he strong man. Mentally, not so much.

BattleRedToro
10-09-2007, 07:25 AM
I agree that physically he has all of the tools necessary to be a franchise QB but mentally right now he just isn't getting the job done. I had hoped for his sake that he would not be starting so soon in Carolina. I felt that with the time off he could have time to analyze his bad habits and mental mistakes, and perhaps work them out before being called on to perform on the field. Unfortunately for him, it doesn't look like that will happen now.

Twitch-Houston
10-10-2007, 10:19 AM
I guess the Panthers don't think it takes much to replace Delhomme or Carr.

Testaverde is like the energizer bunny.......still going........

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3056695