Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

mexican_texan
10-07-2007, 12:35 PM
According to the Fox pregame show. :rofl:

Leahmic223
10-07-2007, 12:50 PM
Vince Young Wins The Games.
:wild:

I just hope we smack them up a few weeks from now and bring him back to earth.

mexican_texan
10-07-2007, 12:51 PM
Someone should tell them Peyton was the guy who won the Super Bowl. Or that Tom Brady has 3 rings. I'm a Longhorn (class of '12) but yeah, I don't like VY...

TexanExile
10-07-2007, 04:17 PM
Or they could point to his 0 touchdowns and 3 INTs today. Had Leftwich not melted down at the goal line, they might've lost to ATL too.

mancunian
10-07-2007, 04:19 PM
my first thought was **** off, no way.....more VY man love...deary me glad I dont get the Fox show

The Dream
10-07-2007, 04:22 PM
LMAO...he would be in my top 5, but nah Manning, Brady, and Favre would DEFINITELY all be ahead of him in my books.....but yeah VY had a bad day today....he'll be alright though...

BattleRedToro
10-07-2007, 05:16 PM
He has had 2 OK games this year. The first was against Indy and the other was against NO. In his other 2 games he has played terrible, but despite that the Titans are 3-1. Right now I'd say he is more lucky, than good.

The Dream
10-07-2007, 05:18 PM
he was more than okay against N.O. imo (pretty damn good actually)....he's had one bad game....I put him in the top 5, because I can't think of 5 QBs I'd take over him when you look at all of what he can do

kastofsna
10-07-2007, 05:24 PM
funny.,

brakos82
10-07-2007, 05:27 PM
Vince won me my fantasy game today!

(He was on my opponents' team of course :whip: )

Errant Hothy
10-07-2007, 05:28 PM
he was more than okay against N.O. imo (pretty damn good actually)....he's had one bad game....I put him in the top 5, because I can't think of 5 QBs I'd take over him when you look at all of what he can do

I can, in no particular order:

Maning
Brady
Favre
Palmer
Romo

All 5 QB's I would take over VY.

Brando
10-07-2007, 05:32 PM
I can, in no particular order:

Maning
Brady
Favre
Palmer
Romo

All 5 QB's I would take over VY.

That was to easy.:cool:

mexican_texan
10-07-2007, 05:35 PM
Over VY, I'd take....

Manning
Brady
Palmer
Brees
Schaub
Jason Campbell
Romo

BattleRedToro
10-07-2007, 05:35 PM

He was 14-22 for 164 yards and 2 TDs with 1 INT against N.O.

That isn't a very good game, if you think that is then you are setting the bar very low.

As for the bad games here you go:

11-18 for 78 yards and 0 TDs with 1 INT against Jacksonville

20-33 for 153 yards and 0 TDs with 3 INT against Atlanta

As for his Rushing stats they are as follows:

11 rushes for 22 yards and 1 TD against Jacksonville

8 rushes for 27 yards and 0 TDs against Atlanta

Bulluck53
10-07-2007, 05:40 PM
Eh... he'll improve.

3-1 is all that matters

BattleRedToro
10-07-2007, 05:42 PM
Eh... he'll improve.

3-1 is all that matters

He may improve, but I agree that 3-1 is all that matters. I just think he is very lucky to be 3-1. With as poorly as he has played the Titans could have easily been 1-3 right now.

Brando
10-07-2007, 05:43 PM
He may improve, but I agree that 3-1 is all that matters. I just think he is very lucky to be 3-1. With as poorly as he has played the Titans could have easily been 1-3 right now.

They almost melted down today like a typical Bud Adams ran franchise.

With the Falcons marching in to take control of the game Harrington throws it behind his receiver and it basically falls into the hands of Fuller who ran it back for a TD. Then they needed to punt the ball away with 2 minutes left and the kicker gets "sacked". Then the Falcons get a 1st and goal right away and can't cash in. They should have lost the game today, the Falcons gave this one away.

3-1 is all that matters, thats true.

TD
10-07-2007, 05:45 PM
Eh... he'll improve.

3-1 is all that matters

Sounds awfully similar to what they were saying in Chicago not all that long ago.

Bulluck53
10-07-2007, 05:51 PM
Haha i guess you're right. We'll see if we end up the same.

Bulluck53
10-07-2007, 05:53 PM

I agree, but they could also be 4-0. VY gets too much credit when we win and too much when we lose (this game is an obvious exception). The beauty of the game today was we had a defense to bail out our young QB when he made mistakes.

Bulluck53
10-07-2007, 05:55 PM
They almost melted down today like a typical Bud Adams ran franchise.

With the Falcons marching in to take control of the game Harrington throws it behind his receiver and it basically falls into the hands of Fuller who ran it back for a TD. Then they needed to punt the ball away with 2 minutes left and the kicker gets "sacked". Then the Falcons get a 1st and goal right away and can't cash in. They should have lost the game today, the Falcons gave this one away.

3-1 is all that matters, thats true.

I have my obvious bias but it sound like you watched the game. Are you really not going to give credit to the Defense and say the Falcons folded? They gave up 6 points and regularly were backed into a corner. THey played absolutely outstanding.

GlassHalfFull
10-07-2007, 05:55 PM
A guy at the game today had an old #8 Carr jersey with the Carr taped over and YOUNG written in. I think it is funny to have Schaub written in, but why would you write in Young. He doesn't play here, he didn't get drafted by us, so get over it. I have nothing against him and wish him well professionally, but not against us. Is this guy planning on wearing that to the Titans game??

brakos82
10-07-2007, 05:56 PM
Over VY, I'd take....

Manning
Brady
Palmer
Brees
Schaub
Jason Campbell
Romo

Scratch Brees, put in Hasselbeck.

Brando
10-07-2007, 05:59 PM
I have my obvious bias but it sound like you watched the game. Are you really not going to give credit to the Defense and say the Falcons folded? They gave up 6 points and regularly were backed into a corner. THey played absolutely outstanding.

I switched back and forth during commercials. I have to watch the rivals and root for their opponent. ;)I'll give credit to the defense but not the Special Teams,(in Bill Waltons voice) they were horrible.

The Dream
10-07-2007, 06:00 PM
Brees???....the way he is playing right now I'd say a big hell no to that one...I like Matt, but I still wouldn't put him over Vince (I think VY has had the better season thus far) and Hasselback, Palmer, and Cambell aren't all neccessarily a notch above him either.............the main point is that out of all the guys I just listed you can make a argument that Vince is indeed better than all of them.

The Pencil Neck
10-07-2007, 06:01 PM
Scratch Brees, put in Hasselbeck.

Heck, McNabb (when healthy), Kitna, Garcia, Pennington...

The Dream
10-07-2007, 06:02 PM
That isn't a very good game, if you think that is then you are setting the bar very low.

oh how foolish to look at only numbers...

BattleRedToro
10-07-2007, 06:02 PM
the main point is that out of all the guys I just listed you can make a argument that Vince is indeed better than all of them.

You could maybe, but I couldn't. :shades:

Brando
10-07-2007, 06:03 PM
Brees???....the way he is playing right now I'd say a big hell no to that one...I like Matt, but I still wouldn't put him over Vince (I think VY has had the better season thus far) and Hasselback, Palmer, and Cambell aren't all neccessarily a notch above him either.............the main point is that out of all the guys I just listed you can make a argument that Vince is indeed better than all of them.

No way, I would rather have Matt Schaub........

BattleRedToro
10-07-2007, 06:04 PM

I qouted statistics but that doesn't mean I only look at numbers.

Oh how foolish it is to jump to conclusions.

Bulluck53
10-07-2007, 06:06 PM
I switched back and forth during commercials. I have to watch the rivals and root for their opponent. ;)I'll give credit to the defense but not the Special Teams,(in Bill Waltons voice) they were horrible.

Got ya... horrible doesn't begin to describe our Special Teams/Offense today. Special Teams is still a strong point of our team, don't have a problem with them. They gave up two good returns, whiffed on a punt and lost a punt (bad decision by a rook). Two of those were the first of the year for them.

Good win today for you guys, btw.

The Dream
10-07-2007, 06:11 PM
No way........

Nevermind, are you talking about Hasselback or Schaub?

Matty didn't play particularly well today either and he didn't look good last week against ATL....I've seen more from Vince (over 16 starts) than Matt (5 starts)...that's why I say VY > Schaub

I qouted statistics but that doesn't mean I only look at numbers.

Well if that's the case then you would realize that he had more than just an alright game....

The Pencil Neck
10-07-2007, 06:23 PM
Matty didn't play particularly well today either and he didn't look good last week against ATL....I've seen more from Vince (over 16 starts) than Matt (5 starts)...that's why I say VY > Schaub

I don't understand the people who have been saying that Schaub hasn't looked good the past 2 weeks.

Has he been perfect? No. Has he made some bad throws? Yeah. Has he had bad days the past 2 weeks? No freaking way. He's made a lot of good throws and moved the football. He hasn't made a lot of mistakes. He's looked really, really good.

TD
10-07-2007, 06:23 PM

No doubt, but its also foolish to ignore them completely. There's just no way a QB can have more turnovers than touchdowns and be doing a good job. I like Vince, but so far this year he has played average to poor. IF the Titans weren't winning, fans would be calling for his head on a stick right now.

mexican_texan
10-07-2007, 06:28 PM
What is VY's best ability? To lead his team despite the score. Did anyone see the Colts game? Do you think any QB can do what Schaub did? He may not be as dangerous as VY, but he's nowhere near as wreckless and he's by far a better passer.

The Dream
10-07-2007, 06:32 PM
No doubt, but its also foolish to ignore them completely. There's just no way a QB can have more turnovers than touchdowns and be doing a good job. I like Vince, but so far this year he has played average to poor. IF the Titans weren't winning, fans would be calling for his head on a stick right now.

today's INT numbers really messed up his stats.....VY is not going to be a 300 + QB...but he will be the guy who will give you a solid game (200 yds passing, 50 running, 1 or 2 passing TDs, 1 running), always give you a chance to win and come up big at the last minute......

Leahmic223
10-07-2007, 07:14 PM

I agree, The Titan defense doesn't nearly get the credit it deserves. To be quite Honest, the NFL is lucky that Pacman isn't playing because he was stud on the field and a playmaker, yet their defense still seems to be ticking without him.

With that said...VY is going to have a good test against Tampa next week. They are going to be motivated like hell to get a win after losing to Indy like they did, Gruden is a good coach also I think Tampa wins this game and thats off no biases or homerism or hate for the Titans.

That's just off Football, I think Tampa's defense exploits VY. Who knows though, as I said...VY WINS THE GAMES!

Schaub is about as clutch as VY though IMO.

TD
10-07-2007, 08:11 PM
today's INT numbers really messed up his stats.....VY is not going to be a 300 + QB...but he will be the guy who will give you a solid game (200 yds passing, 50 running, 1 or 2 passing TDs, 1 running), always give you a chance to win and come up big at the last minute......

Take out the word "always" and I agree. Sometimes (like today) he wins in spite of himself. At the same time, if you need a score to win at the end, there's NOBODY I'd rather have at QB.

the wonger need food
10-07-2007, 08:30 PM
Vince Young isn't even the best QB playing in Tennessee... You Vols fans know what I'm talking about.

TD
10-07-2007, 08:36 PM
Vince Young isn't even the best QB playing in Tennessee... You Vols fans know what I'm talking about.

Unfortunately, so do us Bulldog fans. :(

Hookem Horns
10-07-2007, 10:16 PM
I'm a Longhorn (class of '12) but yeah, I don't like VY...

Which one are you?

http://www.family-images.com/misc/schools/1910%20Plains%20High%20School%20Class%20of%201912% 20Photo.jpg

BattleRedToro
10-07-2007, 10:18 PM

Considering that in 4 games this year he has yet to throw for 200 yards, has run for 50 once, thrown a total of 3 TDs while running for only 1, I'd have to say that your analysis is far from accurate. Even last year he only threw for 200 yards or more in 4 of his 13 starts.

If you go to his page on NFL.com you can see that through 4 games his averages are very similar to last year's unspectacular numbers.

He averages around 146 yards passing per game, runs for 30 something yards per game, throws more INTs than TDs and has a QB rating in the 60's.

ChrisG
10-07-2007, 10:24 PM
Vince Young Wins The Games.
:wild:

I just hope we smack them up a few weeks from now and bring him back to earth.

I'LL BE THERE TO SEE IT :fans:

Bulluck53
10-07-2007, 11:12 PM

Ainge is not good

mexican_texan
10-07-2007, 11:36 PM
Which one are you?

http://www.family-images.com/misc/schools/1910%20Plains%20High%20School%20Class%20of%201912% 20Photo.jpg
First chair, first row.

kastofsna
10-07-2007, 11:45 PM
Considering that in 4 games this year he has yet to throw for 200 yards, has run for 50 once, thrown a total of 3 TDs while running for only 1, I'd have to say that your analysis is far from accurate. Even last year he only threw for 200 yards or more in 4 or his 13 starts.

If you go to his page on NFL.com you can see that through 4 games his averages are very similar to last year's unspectacular numbers.

He averages around 146 yards passing per game, runs for 30 something yards per game, throws more INTs than TDs and has a QB rating in the 60's.
WHO CARES HE JUST WINS. IT'S NOT A TEAM WIN, IT'S A VINCE WIN. STATS MEAN NOTHING.

beerlover
10-07-2007, 11:56 PM
still can't move on can we - wheres the VY smiley I think its about time :cool:

BigBull17
10-08-2007, 12:11 AM
Over VY, I'd take....

Manning
Brady
Palmer
Brees
Schaub
Jason Campbell
Romo

Roethlisburgerler(no idea how to spell it)
McNabb
Hasselback
to name a few more

kcdoubleeagle
10-08-2007, 12:19 AM
Manning
Brady
Roethlisberger
SCHAUB
Romo
Hasselback
Brees
Rivers
McNabb
Alex Smith
Rosenfels
then I would flip a coin between.....

Young and Trent Dilfer

mexican_texan
10-08-2007, 12:35 AM
Roethlisburgerler(no idea how to spell it)
McNabb
Hasselback
to name a few more
I was never all that impressed with Roethlisberger and I wouldn't take Hasselbeck this stage in his career. Two years ago, yeah.

Napa Auto Parts
10-08-2007, 12:46 AM
Not the best in the NFL the people at fox are idiots but vince is in the top 6 when it comes to just doing whatever it takes to get your team a win.:zipit:

Spled
10-08-2007, 12:52 AM
He threw 3 interceptions today with no touchdowns. He has the good fortune to play with a great defense.

Hookem Horns
10-08-2007, 01:17 AM
Manning
Brady
Roethlisberger
SCHAUB
Romo
Hasselback
Brees
Rivers
McNabb
Alex Smith
Rosenfels
then I would flip a coin between.....

Young and Trent Dilfer

Hey, how come no Peyton? Actually in all seriousness I am taking Eli over a few of those guys. He had another strong game today.

kastofsna
10-08-2007, 09:16 AM
Not the best in the NFL the people at fox are idiots but vince is in the top 6 when it comes to just doing whatever it takes to get your team a win.:zipit:
is multiple costly turnovers doing whatever it takes to get your team to win?

gjmac2
10-08-2007, 09:22 AM
I don't think VY is the best QB in the NFL. I do think that Jeff Fisher has done a good job of not putting the success of the Titans on VY's shoulders. The Titans have a good running game, and that helps Vince out a lot. I think it would be a different story if the Titans had to reley only on VY's arm and legs.

Texan_Bill
10-08-2007, 09:26 AM
People... people.... C'mon..

It's not that they think VY is all of that, but their "Reggie Bush is God" campaign has failed miserably.. They're just moving on to the next marketable guy..

Errant Hothy
10-08-2007, 09:55 AM

WHAT! Hasselback and Campbell may not be that much better then VY (although Campbell might be better in a couple weeks - that kid is playing out of his gourd right now), but Carson Palmer is easily a better QB then VY. The Bengals have close games because of the D, not because there QB turns the ball over 3 times in a game.

kastofsna
10-08-2007, 10:24 AM
Palmer is in another world, Young will never be even remotely close to him.

Brando
10-08-2007, 11:39 AM
First chair, first row.

Your age is wrong! 117 years old.:cool:

jerek
10-08-2007, 12:07 PM
Considering that in 4 games this year he has yet to throw for 200 yards, has run for 50 once, thrown a total of 3 TDs while running for only 1, I'd have to say that your analysis is far from accurate. Even last year he only threw for 200 yards or more in 4 of his 13 starts.

Ouch.

Would you please stop quoting these meaningless statistics? You are wrecking (as in totally refuting) a perfectly good fanlove argument.

My position remains that Vince is just not that effective. I rank him a middle of the pack NFL starting QB in terms of "all that he does" for the team. However he has rare physical gifts and may with time get better, that is assuming he finds time to practice when not giving bitter TV interviews.

BigBull17
10-08-2007, 12:19 PM

I think he has the swager. I think he has the guts. I think he has the athletesism. I think hes a top 20 player in the NFL. I just dont see him as a top 5 QUARTERBACK at this stage of his career. He has shown flashes, like a few of his passes, but he isnt there yet. He could be the best one day, or second best to Schaub... But right now, he isnt a top 10 quarterback.

dalemurphy
10-08-2007, 12:26 PM
Eh... he'll improve.

3-1 is all that matters

What is Rex Grossman's record as a starter in his career?
What is David Garrard's record as a starter this year?
What is Damon Huard's record as a starter in his career?
What is Phillip River's record as a starter in his career?

McBull
10-08-2007, 12:48 PM
What does Dunta Robinson and UT have in common? They are both #23.
Vince Young, UT and Dallas all suck!

Second Honeymoon
10-08-2007, 02:34 PM
What does Dunta Robinson and UT have in common? They are both #23.
Vince Young, UT and Dallas all suck!

nice 1st post /sarcasm off

I am sure all your cronies at Taco Bell thought that was funny, but their cumulative IQ barely exceeds your number of posts?

take your 2nd Grade act elsewhere.

kastofsna
10-08-2007, 03:12 PM
that was a brilliant first post. i like that he's been registered for several months before deciding to join the discussion.

The Dream
10-08-2007, 03:17 PM
this board will be singing Vinces praises in a couple of weeks......................my jersey should be coming in the mail this week :splits: :doot:

All I have to say is

October 21st

Brando
10-08-2007, 03:21 PM
this board will be singing Vinces praises in a couple of weeks......................my jersey should be coming in the mail this week :splits: :doot:

All I have to say is

October 21st

boo

Go Texans and be damned anybody that is playing them. VY is the competition now...........

The Dream
10-08-2007, 03:21 PM

If you noticed I said he "will" become that guy not he "is" that guy......passing for a good 200 while running for 50 +, throwing a couple of TDs and being clutch (which he already is) is something that is VERY possible for Vince, and I think any one with a shred of intelligence would agree.

The Dream
10-08-2007, 03:23 PM
boo

Go Texans and be damned anybody that is playing them. VY is the competition now...........

don't worry I'll have on a Texans cap also.....

Specnatz
10-08-2007, 03:28 PM

I am sure all your cronies at Taco Bell thought that was funny, but their cumulative IQ barely exceeds your number of posts?

take your 2nd Grade act elsewhere.

Yes because you have never ever made a joke that some thought was not funny, and all of your post are meaningful, insightful and full of great content.

:sarcasm:

But you are a UT fan and after losing two weeks in a row I am sure your underoos are in a bunch.

The Dream
10-08-2007, 03:29 PM
ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhh...he just dissed you...whatcha gonna do...huh, huh??????????????????

*shoves specnatz into second honeymoon*

Second Honeymoon
10-08-2007, 03:33 PM

BOOOOOOOOOOO

if it was a VY Univ of Texas jersey I may give you a Get Out Of Jail Free card but if its a Titans jersey, you need professional help.

:texflag:

I am a huge VY guy but the bottom line is that he plays for our rival. they are our rival in EVERY sense of the word.

I love Houston football too much to wear a Young #10 Titans jersey.

The Dream
10-08-2007, 03:51 PM
I would wear a UT jersey, but I honestly don't like their colors that much....burnt orange does nothing for my skin tone...I like the Titans colors.

Second Honeymoon
10-08-2007, 03:59 PM
Yes because you have never ever made a joke that some thought was not funny, and all of your post are meaningful, insightful and full of great content.

:sarcasm:

But you are a UT fan and after losing two weeks in a row I am sure your underoos are in a bunch.

lawl

you know i rock :)

as for UT, I expected this type of season. Greg Davis still sucks and Colt was an overhyped Applewhite clone. The only guys that have won anything for the Horns are QBs who have mobility and spontaneity. Brown won the inauguaral Big 12 Championship and Young won the College Football National Championship in '06. Morenz, Simms, Applewhite, McCoy, Gardere, and Co. never won squat in the post-McWilliams era. (sorry Pete G., I know you were undefeated v. OU but that was your one-trick pony)

how is that fat guy at Notre Dame working out for ya? not so good, eh? well at least you have him signed for the next decade....congrats.
good luck with that. too bad he isnt African-American or you would have a 'reason' to get rid of him like yall did Ty Willingham?

kastofsna
10-08-2007, 04:00 PM
go ahead and root for the titans, then. you love their QB and their colors, go all the way, why not.

Brando
10-08-2007, 04:03 PM

If you are a Texan fan you would wear a Texans hat and a Texans jersey. Not a jersey of the opposing team.

The Dream
10-08-2007, 04:10 PM
go ahead and root for the titans, then. you love their QB and their colors, go all the way, why not.

coming from the guy with the dolphins avatar and who openly rooted for the dolphins yesterday....................what a true fan

If you are a Texan fan you would wear a Texans hat and a Texans jersey. Not a jersey of the opposing team.

I'm not getting into this again..........

The Pencil Neck
10-08-2007, 04:15 PM
coming from the guy with the dolphins avatar and who openly rooted for the dolphins yesterday....................what a true fan

I don't think Kastofsna has made any secret that the Dolphins are his #1 team.

Brando
10-08-2007, 04:21 PM
I'm not getting into this again..........

this board will be singing Vinces praises in a couple of weeks......................my jersey should be coming in the mail this week

All I have to say is

October 21st

:ok: but you did it yourself.......

The Dream
10-08-2007, 04:22 PM
I don't think Kastofsna has made any secret that the Dolphins are his #1 team.

but is he not allowed to be a texans fan because he roots for another team????

The Pencil Neck
10-08-2007, 04:44 PM
but is he not allowed to be a texans fan because he roots for another team????

I didn't think he WAS a Texan's fan. And that's fine. He's a Dolphin fan that likes to hang around on our board.

From your posts, I don't think the Texans are your #1 team. And that's OK. If you're a Titan's fan and think that VY is God, that's fine. I've got no problem with that.

But if you're a Texan fan and the Texans are your #1 team, then I don't understand all this VY trolling. If you want VY to have a great game against us and show us what we're missing or if you're going to wear a VY jersey to the game, then I can't see how you can consider the Texans your #1 team.

The Dream
10-08-2007, 04:45 PM
But if you're a Texan fan and the Texans are your #1 team, then I don't understand all this VY trolling. If you want VY to have a great game against us and show us what we're missing or if you're going to wear a VY jersey to the game, then I can't see how you can consider the Texans your #1 team.

I've stated many times that Texans aren't my # 1 team (I prefer the Boys and Packers for those that don't know), which is exactly why it baffles me how I can catch so much hate when I openly admit that I'm not a "die hard" fan by anymeans.........I don't consider myself a Titans fan either, but I am a fan of VY......

kastofsna
10-08-2007, 08:03 PM
yeah i'm not a texans fan. i "root" for them in the sense that i'll root for a lot of teams that are up and coming and i like some of the players, but other than that...meh...don't really care if they win or lose, certainly not the way i do with the dolphins.

but anyway, i just don't see the point in having a massive man crush on another team's QB, and wearing his jersey, yet not supporting that team. in fact, supporting that team's (arguably) biggest rival. doesn't make a lot of sense.

BattleRedToro
10-08-2007, 08:32 PM
yeah i'm not a texans fan. i "root" for them in the sense that i'll root for a lot of teams that are up and coming and i like some of the players, but other than that...meh...don't really care if they win or lose, certainly not the way i do with the dolphins.

but anyway, i just don't see the point in having a massive man crush on another team's QB, and wearing his jersey, yet not supporting that team. in fact, supporting that team's (arguably) biggest rival. doesn't make a lot of sense.

By the way kastofsna, historically who would most Dolphins' fans consider as Miami's biggest rival?

I would guess it would be someone from the AFC East, but I'm just not sure which team if any would be more of a rival than the others.

Hookem Horns
10-08-2007, 08:50 PM
By the way kastofsna, historically who would most Dolphins' fans consider as Miami's biggest rival?

I would guess it would be someone from the AFC East, but I'm just not sure which team if any would be more of a rival than the others.

New York Jets

McBull
10-08-2007, 10:18 PM

"I am sure all your cronies at Taco Bell thought that was funny, but their cumulative IQ barely exceeds your number of posts? take your 2nd Grade act elsewhere".
Second Honeymoon

Hey buddy! I scored a 36 on my Wunderlich. I have read alot of your stupid 300,000 posts. You need to get a life! You should return to your koolaide avatar. Much more fitting. Short, Fat and insane.

A second honeymoon is appropriate if you can't get it right the first time.

Napa Auto Parts
10-09-2007, 12:25 AM
This conversation really shouldn't even be taking place VY has is still only in he's second year and like all young players he has had plenty of mistake's but the he has had more up's than down's in he's short lived career as a starter. i know some of you hate him for some unexplained reason but hell some of you were the one's willing to give david Carr another 10 years to prove he was the man for the job and VY in only he's second year has proven he can rally a team behind him.:texflag:

personally i like VY but i wouldnt trade him for schaub i wanted VY for the texans two draft's ag but only because i wanted anything other than David Carr.

kastofsna
10-09-2007, 12:33 AM
New York Jets
yeah, probably the Jets, although recently it's the Patriots. those games are great battles every year since the Patriots have started to win Super Bowls, mainly because the Dolphins have sucked, yet still get at least one game a year from them.

mexican_texan
10-09-2007, 12:42 AM
yeah, probably the Jets, although recently it's the Patriots. those games are great battles every year since the Patriots have started to win Super Bowls, mainly because the Dolphins have sucked, yet still get at least one game a year from them.
I still remember that one game in the orange jerseys where AJ Feeley and Wes Welker's returns led Miami to a win over the Patriots. That was an awesome night.

BattleRedToro
10-09-2007, 07:50 AM
This conversation really shouldn't even be taking place VY is still only in his second year and like all young players he has had plenty of mistakes but he has had more ups than downs in his short lived career as a starter.

Actually, one could make a very good argument that he has had more downs than ups, but it goes unnoticed because his team has won games in spite of his poor performances.

To date the Titans are 11-6 with Vince as a starter. In those 17 starts he has thrown for 14 TDs and 17 INTs while also rushing for 7 TD's and having 12 Fumbles.

The Dream
10-09-2007, 04:26 PM

texans have no rivals...rivalry = 2 good teams battling each other over a span of time...Sox and Yanks are Rivals....Rockets and Spurs are rivals....Packers and Bears are rivals...the texans haven't been around long enough to have a real rivalry with anyone.......and like I said I'm not a titans fan, but I am a VY fan..........

Napa Auto Parts
10-10-2007, 12:20 AM
Actually, one could make a very good argument that he has had more downs than ups, but it goes unnoticed because his team has won games in spite of his poor performances.

To date the Titans are 11-6 with Vince as a starter. In those 17 starts he has thrown for 14 TDs and 17 INTs while also rushing for 7 TD's and having 12 Fumbles.

again second year player will have mistakes i guess we only see what espn feeds us :) i know he will never be as succesfull as david carr.

Bulluck53
10-10-2007, 07:45 PM
12 fumbles but how many of those were lost. Thats like saying the kid has had 30 off-target passes

cuongnet
10-10-2007, 08:12 PM
hot hot !!! very good

kiwitexansfan
10-10-2007, 08:18 PM
Its a ridiculous argument to be making when Manning and Brady are in their primes.

I'd also take these guys over him....

Palmer.

Possibly.....

Romo.
Rivers.
Roethlisberger.
Schaub.
Favre.

So basically he sits somewhere between 4th-9th in the league.

BattleRedToro
10-11-2007, 08:30 AM
12 fumbles but how many of those were lost. Thats like saying the kid has had 30 off-target passes

Fumbles and off-target passes are both bad whether they result in a turnover or not. The potential for a turnover is still there.

I'll give you an analogy that I'm sure you won't like. If you run a red light once you might not get caught but if you continually run red lights eventually you are going to get caught.

It's the same thing with bad passes and fumbles. If you continually have them eventually you are going to have turnovers.

Texan_Bill
10-11-2007, 08:53 AM

Vince Young has fumbled 14 times, with 3 lost.... or about 22% of the time.

Linky to stats:
Over Rated QB

BigBull17
10-11-2007, 12:33 PM

Which is throwing picks so your D can score...?

Brando
11-05-2007, 11:11 AM
The Titans are 6-2 because of their defense and special teams. If Dilfer and Grossman can get their teams to the Super Bowl, I guess the Titans do have a chance......

kastofsna
11-05-2007, 11:25 AM
their defense is playing amazing.

the difference between Dilfer and Young is that Dilfer didn't have as many stupid turnovers as Young.

White Runningback
11-06-2007, 06:53 PM
He was 14-22 for 164 yards and 2 TDs with 1 INT against N.O.

As for the bad games here you go:

11-18 for 78 yards and 0 TDs with 1 INT against Jacksonville

20-33 for 153 yards and 0 TDs with 3 INT against Atlanta

As for his Rushing stats they are as follows:

11 rushes for 22 yards and 1 TD against Jacksonville

8 rushes for 27 yards and 0 TDs against Atlanta

Sounds Carr-esque except Vince wins most of his games. Funny how that's setting the bar very low for Vince but for 5 years some of you were too dim to expect anything more than that from DC.

Stand by your man I guess, right?

ReliantTexan
11-06-2007, 08:03 PM
oh how foolish to look at only numbers...Not nearly as foolish as to call VY a top five QB just because he makes an electryfying play at times,and be honest that's the only reason you would say that. It sure as hell isn't for his accuracy or passer efficiency.

Silver Oak
11-06-2007, 10:20 PM
It sure as hell isn't for his accuracy or passer efficiency.

nor his choice of tattoos and where to place them.

:fans:

Blazing Arrow
11-07-2007, 12:38 AM
nor his choice of tattoos and where to place them.

6-2?

In case you forgot the only thing that matters in the NFL cellar dwellar, again.

Napa Auto Parts
11-07-2007, 01:30 AM
i wish my team was 6-2 even with VY as the QB.:texflag: what should of been damn you charlie damn you. damn you bob damn you for your man crush on Carr.

HJam72
11-07-2007, 03:14 AM
Vince is and always and will be the best QB to ever play football since he scored the last TD in a whoever-scores-last-wins championship whose credit should've all been given to UT's D and blamed on USC's D.

He can throw for a 1% completion percentage, fumble every other play....whatever, he will always be the best QB, just like RB can rush for .2 yards per carry and still be the greatest running back that will ever be.

Perception and stupidity are reality.

Oh, and I love the Sprite in you, and be a Pepper, cuz you got the fever; but, you must be seen in your Coca-Cola shirt. Finally, milk causes zits and beer is good for you.

RTP2110
11-07-2007, 07:33 AM
6-2?

In case you forgot the only thing that matters in the NFL cellar dwellar, again.

Playing on a good team doesn't automatically make VY a good QB. Again, see Dilfer & Grossman. If VY had all of the same stats, and same plays, but the Titans were 2-6 nobody on earth would be saying VY is a top 10, 5, 3, or whatever QB. I'm not saying VY is horrible. I'm just saying that team record is not a fair way to judge a QB.

Mr teX
11-07-2007, 09:59 AM
6-2?

yeah, just ignore the top 5 defense.....

Seems eerily similar to his last year @ UT........

Trap_Star
11-07-2007, 10:09 AM
i will only say that if VY does'nt develop in to at least an average passing QB, his "he's a winner" title will start to chip away. ask Mike Vick.

Errant Hothy
11-07-2007, 10:13 AM
All I have to say is that the Titans are winning inspite of VY's play, not because of it.

Double Barrel
11-07-2007, 11:17 AM
6-2?

The only thing that matters is rings at the end of the day. There are 31 teams every year that fail their season goal.

And while we might be 'cellar dwellars', the fact remains that your team has the same number of Super Bowl trophies as ours.

kastofsna
11-07-2007, 11:20 AM
and the chances of a team winning a Super Bowl with an inaccurate turnover-prone QB are fairly minute.

Odogg
11-07-2007, 01:36 PM
Hey Kast,

How is Leinart doing these days? LoL! Lucky he got IR'd before he got officially benched!

Second Honeymoon
11-07-2007, 02:03 PM
Playing on a good team doesn't automatically make VY a good QB. Again, see Dilfer & Grossman. If VY had all of the same stats, and same plays, but the Titans were 2-6 nobody on earth would be saying VY is a top 10, 5, 3, or whatever QB. I'm not saying VY is horrible. I'm just saying that team record is not a fair way to judge a QB.

i can't stand the titans but werent they 3-13 the season before VY arrived? you can argue about how much of a difference VY has made, but there is one thing that is without question, HE HAS MADE A DIFFERENCE.

all good though, I don't see VY staying in Tennessee more than 4 years and Bud owns the team so they will always be 'one yard short'.

one thing they do have in Tennessee is great coaching. Fisher is a witch and he has some great assistants working for him on both sides...wish the Texans could say the same thing about their staff....

kastofsna
11-07-2007, 02:16 PM
Hey Kast,

How is Leinart doing these days? LoL! Lucky he got IR'd before he got officially benched!
he was looking pretty good at the end there. thanks for asking!

bah007
11-07-2007, 02:21 PM
yeah, just ignore the top 5 defense.....

Seems eerily similar to his last year @ UT........

If you want to hate on VY thats fine. But bringing up his last year at UT is definitely not going to help your argument.

He is still the only Div 1 QB EVER to throw for 3000 & rush for 1000 in the same season.

kastofsna
11-07-2007, 02:24 PM
yeah he was very awesome that year. didn't translate to the pros though.

Texan_Bill
11-07-2007, 02:30 PM
Just for *******s and giggles:

Vince Young:
7 games (7 starts) 93 of 151 (61.6%) for 855 yards; 3 TD’s and 8 INT’s; Rating 61.5

David Carr
5 games (3 starts) 63 of 114 (55.3%) for 540 yards; 3 TD’s and 3 INT’s; Rating 65.7

Sage Rosenfels
4 games (1 start) 61 of 93 (65.6%) for 729 yards; 7 TD’s and 6 INT’s; Rating 87.6

Mr teX
11-07-2007, 03:57 PM
If you want to hate on VY thats fine. But bringing up his last year at UT is definitely not going to help your argument.

He is still the only Div 1 QB EVER to throw for 3000 & rush for 1000 in the same season.

I only brought that up b/c everyone was so enamored with what he was doing that year, they tend to forget all about how that defense was shutting teams down, creating turnovers & getting VY extra possessions so he could do what he did.
Yeah, he played great that year, but if his defense hadn't held OSU to FG's after all his turnovers, they likely would've been out of the national championship picture by the 2nd week.

It's looking the same way now in the pros. VY scrambles for a relatively easy 4 yd. TD & people go nuts, meanwhile, a defense that's been lights out pretty much the whole year is looked over.
Bullock had it right when he said "we're more than Vince Young.."

kastofsna
11-07-2007, 03:59 PM
actually Texas probably would've wound up right back in the title game if the game went as you said. early season loss....but i digress.

Mr teX
11-07-2007, 04:06 PM
actually Texas probably would've wound up right back in the title game if the game went as you said. early season loss....but i digress.

Nope b/c i believe that was OSU's only loss that year & USC was....... USC.

edit... my bad they lost to Penn state

kastofsna
11-07-2007, 04:07 PM
well OSU lost to Penn State later on. who knows.

bah007
11-07-2007, 04:46 PM
Hey lets just go back in time & change it to a Texas loss so we dont have to speculate anymore on what woulda happened.

kastofsna
11-07-2007, 04:47 PM
pretty much just shows how much a season can change on a few plays in college ball.

Texan_Bill
11-08-2007, 09:12 AM
Just for *******s and giggles:

Vince Young:
7 games (7 starts) 93 of 151 (61.6%) for 855 yards; 3 TD’s and 8 INT’s; Rating 61.5

David Carr
5 games (3 starts) 63 of 114 (55.3%) for 540 yards; 3 TD’s and 3 INT’s; Rating 65.7

Sage Rosenfels
4 games (1 start) 61 of 93 (65.6%) for 729 yards; 7 TD’s and 6 INT’s; Rating 87.6

Anyway... To get this thread back on track.... VY in the NFL, not VY in college. Damn hijackers.

Statistically, 'his highness' ain't much better than David Carr and Sage Rosenfels is light years ahead of 'he who walks on water'.

SheTexan
11-08-2007, 09:36 AM
Anyway... To get this thread back on track.... VY in the NFL, not VY in college. Damn hijackers.

Statistically, 'his highness' ain't much better than David Carr and Sage Rosenfels is light years ahead of 'he who walks on water'.

Yep!! Some of us have known that for two years now.:)

Overalls
11-08-2007, 12:57 PM

That is blasphemy. VY wills those field goals through the uprights with his mind while he listens to music alone on the bench.

TexansSeminole
11-08-2007, 02:42 PM
I like VY, but the guy is going to have some serious injuries from running before he can become a top passer, if he ever will. He doesn't seem to be getting better at passing.

The Dream
11-10-2007, 11:38 AM

VY > Carr + Sage

EDIT

People also don't take into account that VY has horrible receivers....how do you expect a QB who just recently went over the 16 game mark to get better passing when his receiver are always dropping the damn ball and aren't all that physicall gifted?

kastofsna
11-10-2007, 12:11 PM
he also isn't getting better by throwing all those picks and fumbling.

RTP2110
11-10-2007, 12:21 PM
People also don't take into account that VY has horrible receivers....how do you expect a QB who just recently went over the 16 game mark to get better passing when his receiver are always dropping the damn ball and aren't all that physicall gifted?

Roydell Williams going 46 yards over and around Dunta Robinson shows otherwise.

I read somewhere that the WR group in Tennessee is by design due to VY's unorthodox style of play. They wanted guys who could run around and get open while VY scrambles around behind the line. Sorry, I don't have a link.

Blazing Arrow
11-10-2007, 12:58 PM

this statement shows you know nothing about football. How about the three dropped balls in the endzone for Mr. Williams? Guess those don't count?

I read somewhere that the WR group in Tennessee is by design due to VY's unorthodox style of play. They wanted guys who could run around and get open while VY scrambles around behind the line. Sorry, I don't have a link.

That seals it. Troupe alone has dropped 5 balls in the last 2 weeks. If he sees the field again I would be suprise.

I remind you that the Titans are 6-2 despite the poor play of Young. If Young comes around we are in the class of the Pats and Colts. The Colts being a team that we held to there second lowest point total of the season. Only other team to hold them to fewer? the Pats.

Say all you want about Young but in the end we are a playoff team and the Moos would have to win out to even sniff a playoff spot.

3-6 and 0-3 in division. To say you suck would be an understatement.

Blazing Arrow
11-10-2007, 01:03 PM
I would also like to add that no receiver on our team would be more then a #2 on any other team in the league.

The Dream
11-10-2007, 01:38 PM
the titans are the type of team that could upset a Indy or Pats in the post season...................great defense, good running game, and a QB who rises to the occassion in big games...............

Austrian
11-10-2007, 01:41 PM
the titans are the type of team that could upset a Indy or Pats in the post season...................great defense, good running game, and a QB who rises to the occassion in big games...............

I doubt it.

Edit:Well perhaps you could beat the Colts, but the Pats are out of reach IMO.

TD
11-10-2007, 01:45 PM

Maybe the Titans should consider trading their WRs for their opponents DBs. They don't seem to have any problem catching Young's passes.

kastofsna
11-10-2007, 02:00 PM

they need the kind of receivers they had at Texas. big, tall, strong, and completely able to overwhelm the opposing DB and just catch those lobs that Young throws around. basically they need several Randy Mosses in order to make Young look somewhat decent.

TD
11-10-2007, 02:09 PM
3-6 and 0-3 in division. To say you suck would be an understatement.

Who are you talking about? There's not a 3-6 team in the NFL, much less Houston. I guess to say your knowledge of the game sucks would be the real understatement.

kastofsna
11-10-2007, 02:28 PM
his Tennessee team is 19-4, what does he care.

Blazing Arrow
11-10-2007, 03:05 PM
your 0-8 that first number is not a good thing. Maybe another hack WR will be avalible in the draft this season :rolleyes:

Blazing Arrow
11-10-2007, 03:07 PM
Who are you talking about? There's not a 3-6 team in the NFL, much less Houston. I guess to say your knowledge of the game sucks would be the real understatement.

Wow ... 4-5 or 3-6 any way you slice it there is not way you can even hope to make the playoffs. I love how you avoid the rest of the post.

Errant Hothy
11-10-2007, 03:08 PM
your 0-8 that first number is not a good thing. Maybe another hack WR will be avalible in the draft this season :rolleyes:

I don't know, if it is all the WRs fault that VY sucks this year, then maybe your team shoud get on of those hack receivers.

I hate the bye week.

kastofsna
11-10-2007, 03:23 PM
i'm sure the Titans would love to have a "hack" WR like Ted Ginn.

and i didn't know it was impossible to make the playoffs at 4-5.

TD
11-10-2007, 03:26 PM
Wow ... 4-5 or 3-6 any way you slice it there is not way you can even hope to make the playoffs. I love how you avoid the rest of the post.

There wasn't anything else to comment on. I don't play in the NFL and I'm guessing neither do you, so I don't think either of us are going to the playoffs without a ticket. But if the the Titans going helps your self esteem...great.

After this week, Houston will be either one or two games out of a playoff spot with seven to play. (With Cleveland at Pittsburgh and Jacksonville at Possum Holler I'm betting one.) I doubt they make it, but if its only one game out, it could get REAL interesting.

Blazing Arrow
11-10-2007, 03:33 PM
You are 0-3 in division since that is one of the main factors in breaking a tie ... "the Texan" are a long shot to say the least. You havce to have a better record then the teams you are tied with. think again about 2 games out.

Blazing Arrow
11-10-2007, 03:36 PM
i'm sure the Titans would love to have a "hack" WR like Ted Ginn.

and i didn't know it was impossible to make the playoffs at 4-5.

Sorry we don't need another Wr who can not run routes and has less receptions then games played. We are full on terrible WRs thanks.

The Dream
11-10-2007, 03:36 PM
texans aren't making the playoffs.............we should tank the rest of the way to get a better draft pick......

TD
11-10-2007, 03:53 PM
You are 0-3 in division since that is one of the main factors in breaking a tie ... "the Texan" are a long shot to say the least. You havce to have a better record then the teams you are tied with. think again about 2 games out.

Only if the tie is in the division. So that would only apply to Jacksonville unless Possum Holler tanks. (hopes)

Might also want to add that its still possible to split in all those series anyway. If Houston doesn't split at least two, then its a moot point anyway.

Blazing Arrow
11-10-2007, 04:06 PM
so which team do you think you are going to beat? The Colts or the Titans?

not likely ...

kastofsna
11-10-2007, 04:10 PM
Sorry we don't need another Wr who can not run routes and has less receptions then games played. We are full on terrible WRs thanks.
and your QB is awful too. jeez it's a miracle you have a winning record. oh well, enjoy the first round exit i spose.

The Dream
11-10-2007, 04:15 PM
shame on those who doubt Vince...oh when will they learn...when will they learn?

kastofsna
11-10-2007, 04:19 PM
when he doesn't play like a special ed kid, perhaps. maybe one day. maybe...

The Dream
11-10-2007, 04:23 PM
all the negativity from doubters/those who wish their team had drafted him only adds fuel to the fire of Vince.

Brando
11-10-2007, 04:27 PM

not likely ...

Don't be so sure about that seeing that you have a team that is full with terrible WR's. I thought VY could make everyone around him better? That's what they said last year and now since he is sucking they are giving him all the excuses David Carr used to get. I have seen many of the so called drops and many were over thrown making it hard for the WR to catch. Go ahead and defend VY, you can only do it so long before the truth comes out. Take off the Baby Blue glasses and maybe you can see a little more clearly.

TD
11-10-2007, 04:33 PM

not likely ...

Maybe, maybe not. Depends on whether the Colts are still playing for anything in week 16 or whether Bironas can be held to only 7 field goals.

Specnatz
11-10-2007, 05:10 PM
all the negativity from doubters/those who wish their team had drafted him only adds fuel to the fire of Vince.

Which teams would that be? Brees is 10 times the QB of VY, and my opinion Schuab is better than VY, because if I recall correctly everyone said we only had one WR, AJ, but that would mean that Schuab and Rosenfels are making these WR into something.

If it was any other QB you would say he sucks but because it is VY you will not do it. which I find very comical.

Overalls
11-10-2007, 07:25 PM
he also isn't getting better by throwing all those picks and fumbling.

but he has thrown 3 TDs?

Blazing Arrow
11-10-2007, 10:58 PM

Don't listen to a dolphins fan ... they do not even know what winning means.

Blazing Arrow
11-10-2007, 11:05 PM
Don't be so sure about that seeing that you have a team that is full with terrible WR's. I thought VY could make everyone around him better? That's what they said last year and now since he is sucking they are giving him all the excuses David Carr used to get. I have seen many of the so called drops and many were over thrown making it hard for the WR to catch. Go ahead and defend VY, you can only do it so long before the truth comes out. Take off the Baby Blue glasses and maybe you can see a little more clearly.

Please explain who "they" are .... all I have said from day one is he wins games. When he QBs the team we are 13-7 ... Carr was what again while at the helm of the moos? Right ..... some peolpe win others suck so bad that they get benched.

So in the last two games played aganst the Titans your QB has been benched and injured ... at least our guy can take a hit when need be.

I also believe my words were "poor play' and "sub par" ... please explain how I am giving him any "props" with those comments?

Blazing Arrow
11-10-2007, 11:05 PM
Maybe, maybe not. Depends on whether the Colts are still playing for anything in week 16 or whether Bironas can be held to only 7 field goals.

There are 17 weeks in an NFL season but thanks for playing.

Honestly this will probably be an over hyped game that never happens. Division rivals who both have clinched a playoff birth. Sounds fun but both teams will probably rest up for the playoffs.

That is what happens for good teams after week 17 BTW.

Blazing Arrow
11-10-2007, 11:14 PM
when he doesn't play like a special ed kid, perhaps. maybe one day. maybe...

Again do I need to remind you that the tuna in net are 0-8 ... At no point have the Titans started a season 0-8 .. we are just not as pathetic as you. And coached much better. Slide back under your rock until draft day.

I am sure that will be even more amusing. Battling for the #1 is so pathetic.

Blazing Arrow
11-10-2007, 11:15 PM
Also again I must remind you...

Dolphin fans should only speak when spoken too.

kastofsna
11-11-2007, 01:54 AM
lol

TD
11-11-2007, 08:17 AM
There are 17 weeks in an NFL season but thanks for playing.

And Houston plays Indy in the 2nd to last week. Barring some hillbilly fireworks accident there should be enough fingers and toes to figure out that's week 16.

Thanks for trying to play.

Bulluck53
11-11-2007, 08:42 AM
The Colts play the Titans in week 17

The Colts play the Texans in week 16

Your comment about Bironas is what threw him off.

Overalls
11-11-2007, 08:58 AM
The Colts play the Titans in week 17

The Colts play the Texans in week 16

Your comment about Bironas is what threw him off.

It's not that hard to do.

ChildressTitanMan
11-11-2007, 09:31 AM
It's taken a bye week to stop the sky falling on this board.

The only reason you guys have woken up & started talking up is because it's impossible for to lose this week.

Take good care of the flim flam Phin fan your petting here. The Phins are the only team who 'long term' can make the Texans look good.

They have a constant merry go round at HC & QB.

Each new coach trades away draft picks with dud results. We should all be thankful we have the Dolphins to make us look good.

Brando
11-11-2007, 12:25 PM
Please explain who "they" are .... all I have said from day one is he wins games. When he QBs the team we are 13-7 ... Carr was what again while at the helm of the moos? Right ..... some peolpe win others suck so bad that they get benched.

So in the last two games played aganst the Titans your QB has been benched and injured ... at least our guy can take a hit when need be.

I also believe my words were "poor play' and "sub par" ... please explain how I am giving him any "props" with those comments?

"They" are VY supporters. That's fine, his teams wins but the Titans have the defense, the running game(Henry last year,LTubb this year)and special teams to thank for that. You can take one of those games(in reference to the last 2 games against the Titans) which was last year and throw that out the window. We do not have the self sacking QB anymore and have a better QB now. IMO we have the second best QB in the AFC South. VY is talented, I don't deny that,he's just not proven to be a efficient passer as of yet.

Brando
11-11-2007, 12:30 PM
At no point have the Titans started a season 0-8

But the franchise has. I'm sure you know that, being a old Oiler fan.

brakos82
11-11-2007, 12:43 PM
The Titans are getting it done without a quarterback.

I think Dan Marino would know a quarterback.

Brando
11-11-2007, 12:57 PM
I think Dan Marino would know a quarterback.

Just a little.:cowboy1:

TexansSeminole
11-11-2007, 01:09 PM
If you can't tell VY is playing bad...you really shouldn't be watching football simply because you obviously don't know what is going on.

kastofsna
11-11-2007, 02:12 PM
If you can't tell VY is playing bad...you really shouldn't be watching football simply because you obviously don't know what is going on.
yes but hes a winner!!!

i like to think that his receivers are winning despite their awful quarterback.

Ckw
11-11-2007, 02:27 PM
But the franchise has. I'm sure you know that, being a old Oiler fan.

Boy, now that was brutal. I love the Tennessee fan boys. Can't recognize the ability of their defense and the inability of their poster boy. VY is a joke of a quarterback. Will he pick up the pro game? Maybe. But when you've played 8 games and have only 5 total TDs (3 passing, 2 rushing), you aren't exactly leading your team to victory. And look if you're gonna take our franchise, at least understand and know the history. Don't bother replying with your "VY is a winner" rhetoric or whatever BS you can come up with. No matter how you spin it, statistically, he is having a worse season than David Carrbage did last year.

jerek
11-11-2007, 03:41 PM
shame on those who doubt Vince...oh when will they learn...when will they learn?

Guess it won't be today?

Sorry--couldn't resist.

Overalls
11-11-2007, 04:47 PM
At one point I made fun of Vince Young by calling him Vinny Vick. Now after todays game I have realized that calling VY Vinny Vick is an insult to
M. Vick. As many times as he was sacked and him throwing his 2nd INT near the goal line, it might be insulting to David to call him Vince Carr.

kastofsna
11-11-2007, 04:53 PM
Titans should cut him now to avoid wasting the rest of his contract hoping to turn him into something he's not. take the cap hit and start over.

kiwitexansfan
11-11-2007, 04:56 PM
When he loses is Vince Young still a winner??

Question: Who is more valuable to this Titans team, VY or Albert Haynesworth?? Maybe it is Haynesworth that is the winner?

TexansSeminole
11-11-2007, 05:19 PM
Titans should cut him now to avoid wasting the rest of his contract hoping to turn him into something he's not. take the cap hit and start over.

You really think so?

kastofsna
11-11-2007, 05:42 PM
hey of all the top 10 passing leaders today, Vince Young by far has the worst QB rating:

Brett Favre - 115.4
Marc Bulger - 125.0
Ben Roethlisberger - 99.9
Drew Brees - 86.8
Vince Young - 64.8
Donovan McNabb - 138.5
Jason Campbell - 114.2
Jay Cutler - 75.6
Joey Harrington - 106.6
Carson Palmer - 101.1

in fact, only JP Losman, Brodie Crolye and Vinny Testaverde had worse QB ratings.

but Losman won his game, so we should ignore his rating because he's a winner!

ChildressTitanMan
11-11-2007, 05:58 PM

Orly?

Just like the Phins do every single year.

How's that working out for you?

TexansSeminole
11-11-2007, 06:05 PM
Orly?

Just like the Phins do every single year.

How's that working out for you?

I like how everybody wants to take a shot at kas because he is a Dolphins fan.

Let's look at this for a second.

Vince Young: 1,100 yards 4 TDs 10 INTs and 2 rushing TDs

Cleo Lemon: 1,050 yards 3 TDS 4 INTs and 5 rushing TDs

Yea, GOOD ONE!

Maybe I should include fumbles too because they are both runners as well as passers.
Vince: 5
Cleo: 2

Yes, quiet down Titans fan, quiet down.

kastofsna
11-11-2007, 06:18 PM
basically when i bring up facts to show how awful Young is, the titans fans say "oh yeah well the dolphins suck." then they talk about how a winner is.

see, i've learned to accept the Dolphins suck. but the clueless Titans fans still haven't accepted how much their QB really sucks.

TexansSeminole
11-11-2007, 06:20 PM
basically when i bring up facts to show how awful Young is, the titans fans say "oh yeah well the dolphins suck." then they talk about how a winner is.

see, i've learned to accept the Dolphins suck. but the clueless Titans fans still haven't accepted how much their QB really sucks.

Lol, yea. You know it's bad when Cleo Lemon is pretty much out playing you.

adam
11-11-2007, 06:24 PM
Despite being a die hard Longhorns fan, I would be the first to tell you that Vince Young is a substandard QB who is well on his way to the long list of first round draft busts. Somewhere near Akili Smith. Let's look at Young's passing stats from this season:

TDs: 4
INTs: 10
Yards: 1,112
Comp.%: 60.9%
Avg.YPP: 5.8

WOWZERS!! Vince Young is CHRIST!

...That is until you compare him to Matt Schaub who, in less time (due to injuries) has thrown for more TDs than Young (5), more yards (1,658), a better comp.% (67.9), and a much better Avg.YPP (7.7).

Simply said, Vince Young sucks. He is like Michael Vick, minus the dog slaughter and the talent.

kastofsna
11-11-2007, 06:30 PM
5.8 YPA is probably the most embarassing stat there.

Blazing Arrow
11-11-2007, 06:38 PM
from a fan of an 0-9 team ... that is rich.

kastofsna
11-11-2007, 06:42 PM
so you're saying the Dolphins are winless.

Blazing Arrow
11-11-2007, 06:46 PM
so you're saying the Dolphins are winless.

No I am calling the Dolphins losers ...

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/standings

Don't let your record stand in the way though :gun:

GlassHalfFull
11-11-2007, 06:47 PM
But see, this thread is about Vince Young - not about the Dolphins and their record.

kastofsna
11-11-2007, 06:48 PM
don't let your awful QB keep you out of the playoffs. bench him before it's too late.

TexansSeminole
11-11-2007, 06:49 PM
No I am calling the Dolphins losers ...

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/standings

Don't let your record stand in the way though :gun:

Possibly some of the worst arguments I have ever seen made in this thread by Blazing Arrow.

GlassHalfFull
11-11-2007, 06:50 PM
Possibly some of the worst arguments I have ever seen made in this thread by Blazing Arrow.

When you don't have a leg to stand on, the best strategy is to deflect attention.

Blazing Arrow
11-11-2007, 07:00 PM
When you don't have a leg to stand on, the best strategy is to deflect attention.

What is there it argue? Young is struggling and the Madden curse seems to be in full effect.

What seems to be a soft argument is a 4-5 team and an 0-9 team fans even talking about a team that will make the playoffs. Sound more like envy then anything else.

kastofsna
11-11-2007, 07:04 PM
What seems to be a soft argument is a 4-5 team and an 0-9 team fans even talking about a team that will make the playoffs.
yes, that IS a soft argument, yet you continue to use it.

and you're using the Madden curse as an excuse now.

TexansSeminole
11-11-2007, 07:06 PM
What is there it argue? Young is struggling and the Madden curse seems to be in full effect.

What seems to be a soft argument is a 4-5 team and an 0-9 team fans even talking about a team that will make the playoffs. Sound more like envy then anything else.

You act as if fans determine what happens in the game. We can't talk about the NFL because our teams don't have winning record? How dumb is that.

You think I envy your team? What is their to envy? Your defense? Not even. Your lucky to be 6-3.

You obviously don't know shiz about football. You say your team WILL make the playoffs, huh? We'll see.

Oh ya, and LOL @ Madden curse comment.

Blazing Arrow
11-11-2007, 07:09 PM
Madden curse is no argument or excuse it just seems to happen every season.

I think Youngs issue is a maturity problem. I would have benched him prior to the 4th quarter ... but I am not the coach.

And I HATE Tom Collins ...

TexansSeminole
11-11-2007, 07:12 PM
Madden curse is no argument or excuse it just seems to happen every season.

I think Youngs issue is a maturity problem. I would have benched him prior to the 4th quarter ... but I am not the coach.

And I HATE Tom Collins ...

What about his maturity? How is it effecting his game? I just see plain bad decisions and bad throws. I see him get mad after a bad series but that is almost expected and doesn't seem to be why he's playing poorly.

Blazing Arrow
11-11-2007, 07:17 PM
the helmet throws, the 15 yarders, the fights in practice. Maturity. He needs to grow up ...

And his lack of running in the first few games seems to show he thinks that he should throw and never run. Even in this game his runs were solid and put us in better position. The first field goal could have been a 52 yearder but he picked up yards on the ground.

adam
11-11-2007, 07:21 PM
from a fan of an 0-9 team ... that is rich.

This thread is about your QB's inadequate play, not the Dolphin's. Have some balls and defend your QB, as opposed to using the failures of another team to somehow justify the subpar level of play that your QB has displayed this season.

TexansSeminole
11-11-2007, 07:26 PM
the helmet throws, the 15 yarders, the fights in practice. Maturity. He needs to grow up ...

And his lack of running in the first few games seems to show he thinks that he should throw and never run. Even in this game his runs were solid and put us in better position. The first field goal could have been a 52 yearder but he picked up yards on the ground.

To be honest with you, maturity in that sense, seems to be only a small fraction of his problems.

How about his decision making? 10 INTs through 9 games. Or his accuracy overall? Pretty bad completion percentage of 60% (on only 192 attempts which is only the 22nd most in the league). Not only that but he doesn't get many yards per attempt, number shown above. BTW Schaub has a 68% completion percentage on 215 attempts. He also has 1.9 more yards per attempt than Vince.

How about his pocket presence? He has a pretty good OL yet he still manages to get sacked quite often. Sacked 10 times in the last 4 games. He seems to have a hard time reading the defense, and it shows as he stands in the pocket for too long, or decides to run right away and gets bottled up.

Regarding the bolded area: Do you have any idea what your talking about? In the first game he carried the ball 11 times for 22 yards and 1 touchdown. 11 carries is the most in a single game by VY all year. WTH are you talking about?

Also his running with the football, although clutch at times, is not very good overall as he fumbles quite often and averages about 3.9 YPC on 55 carries, which is alot of carries for a QB, VY or not.

ChildressTitanMan
11-11-2007, 07:45 PM
I like how everybody wants to take a shot at kas because he is a Dolphins fan.

Let's look at this for a second.

Vince Young: 1,100 yards 4 TDs 10 INTs and 2 rushing TDs

Cleo Lemon: 1,050 yards 3 TDS 4 INTs and 5 rushing TDs

Yea, GOOD ONE!

Maybe I should include fumbles too because they are both runners as well as passers.
Vince: 5
Cleo: 2

Yes, quiet down Titans fan, quiet down.

Did you see his post. He said Young is a bust,cut him, take the cap hit & start over. Don't try & take the picking on a Dolphins fan route.

No matter what team he/she supports the comment was plain dumb. I added the spice about the Phins because they have a terrible record of making bad draft choices &/or trading away picks for no gain. Williams,Culpepper,Green etc.

Look around,get out your history books. You don't give up on a QB in year 2 unless he has other issues than his play on the field.

Especially not if he was ROTY in year one. Here's what I posted post game at GoTitans:

Young is killing our Offense this year. He sucks every single game. It's making me angry because we could blow a play off shot simply because of Young.

His crappy play/Chow's calling or a combination of both kept the D on the field for almost all of the 1st half.

Have I given up on Young? No frikkin way,I'm just frustrated the the team that he carried last year is now better than he is & he's now holding us back.

As bad as he's been to keep coming back today & not quitting or folding under the pressure is a rare thing. Be frustrated but open your eyes & look at all the successful QB's we've ever seen. Young level of play is where it's supposed to be at this stage in his career. It isn't good for us right now,looks like it isn't going to be this year but that doesn't mean he isn't going to make it.

There's very little homer in myself or my buddy Arrow. In threads like this we just play the game.

TexansSeminole
11-11-2007, 07:54 PM
Did you see his post. He said Young is a bust,cut him, take the cap hit & start over. Don't try & take the picking on a Dolphins fan route.

No matter what team he/she supports the comment was plain dumb. I added the spice about the Phins because they have a terrible record of making bad draft choices &/or trading away picks for no gain. Williams,Culpepper,Green etc.

Look around,get out your history books. You don't give up on a QB in year 2 unless he has other issues than his play on the field.

Especially not if he was ROTY in year one.

First of all, ROTY is only awarded to guys "in year one".

He won the ROTY simply because of his rushing abilities and that seems to not be working at all this year. Last year he averaged 6.7 yards per run and had 7 rushing TDs. This year he is averaging 3.9 yards per run and has only 2 rushing TDs.

He certainly didn't win it with a 51.5% completion percentage, 6.2 yards per attempt, and more INTs than TDs passing. He won the ROTY last year inspite of him having a 66.7 QB rating last year.

Dread-Head
11-11-2007, 10:40 PM
I heard during today's Titans game that the touchdown that he threw today was his first in over a MONTH. I'd hate to see who the worst QB in the NFL is. Oh wait! REX GROSSMAN!

RTP2110
11-11-2007, 10:45 PM
Here's one thing I noticed about VY today. About 80 percent of his completions are to stationary targets. He really struggles completing passes to guys on the move. The few throws he does complete to moving targets are usually inaccurate.

Rich Gannon was critical of many of VY's throws throughout the game today.

Texan_Bill
11-12-2007, 08:42 AM

He won the ROTY simply because of his rushing abilities and that seems to not be working at all this year. Last year he averaged 6.7 yards per run and had 7 rushing TDs. This year he is averaging 3.9 yards per run and has only 2 rushing TDs.

He certainly didn't win it with a 51.5% completion percentage, 6.2 yards per attempt, and more INTs than TDs passing. He won the ROTY last year inspite of him having a 66.7 QB rating last year.

I have a different take.. He won OROY, because 'the hype #1' - Reggie Bush failed - so 'the hype #2', was next in line.... The real winners should have been either Joseph Adai - or Maurice Jones-Drew. Both had better years than 'his highness'....

Wolf
11-12-2007, 09:01 AM
Dang Madden curse

:devilpig:

Second Honeymoon
11-12-2007, 10:08 AM
you gotta love VY but he is regressing this year big time. teams arent going for his ball fakes when he scrambles and his passing is really below average at this point. he is still early in his development but he has some huge steps left to take. i think the OC is babying him a bit as far as the passing game goes and it is stunting his development. I also feel that VY may not have put as much effort into this offseason because I don't see anything new or improved in his game. He also looks a step slower on his scrambles and not as elusive. They have only lost 3 games but its been more due to the defense and coaching than anything else. Last year, the defense had a lot to do with their 2nd half success but VY contributed greatly to it as well.....this year I just dont see it.

As he is a division rival, I hope the guy fails and then he leaves Tennessee and goes elsewhere and does well. Who knows, maybe he comes home to Houston and leads us to the SB but I don't ever see him doing diddly with the Titans. Even VY can't overcome the Bud Adams curse or how freaking cheap Adams is in regards to players and FAs. That roster on offense is pathetic.

adam
11-12-2007, 10:23 AM
Who knows, maybe he comes home to Houston and leads us to the SB

I will cry the day that bust of an over-rated jackass comes to lead this team. Fortunately, it will be the same day that hell freezes over and John Kerry is elected president. Thus, I am not worried about it.

If he was brought here, probably as the result of a massive front office brain fart, I can gaurantee you that there would be no superbowl in our future.

kastofsna
11-12-2007, 10:26 AM
maybe after his 4th team the Texans will throw him a bone and sign him as their 3rd QB.

gtexan02
11-12-2007, 10:49 AM
maybe after his 4th team the Texans will throw him a bone and sign him as their 3rd QB.

He needs to play for Denver or Green Bay first. Then we can sign him

Texan_Bill
11-12-2007, 10:51 AM
As a RB?? or a wide receiver???? Wonder if 'his highness' can play corner??

bgirlraiderette
11-12-2007, 11:07 AM
IMO I don't think he's the best QB in the league... Manning? Brady? (as much as I can't stand him...)

bgirlraiderette
11-12-2007, 11:07 AM
Here's one thing I noticed about VY today. About 80 percent of his completions are to stationary targets. He really struggles completing passes to guys on the move. The few throws he does complete to moving targets are usually inaccurate.

That's cuz Rich Gannon knew how to play...... :cool:

False Start
11-12-2007, 11:18 AM
Saw this on a Titans BB . Seems they're not to happy with him .

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v440/SuperJoint88/passing.jpg

Texan_Bill
11-12-2007, 11:35 AM
QB rankings by QB rating:
29. Vince Young TEN QB 117 192 60.9 24.0 1,112 5.8 139.0 4 10 69 35.9 48 7 1 14 62.2

Remember, there are two tied at 16....(Brees and Cutler)

kastofsna
11-12-2007, 11:40 AM
but he wins...

Texan_Bill
11-12-2007, 11:48 AM
but he wins...

Bwaaahaaaaaa!!! Bwaaahaaaaaa!!!

As stated many, many, many times. The Titans are winning in spite of him, NOT because of him...

People are starting to realize that what I said many times in the past about Limus Sweed, David Thomas, etc., etc. (at TU) making VY look good in the passing game - are coming true.... In fact yesterday's announcer mentioned as much...

Specnatz
11-12-2007, 11:50 AM
but he wins...

That sure helped him out Sunday.

kastofsna
11-12-2007, 11:53 AM
but....he's a winner...

Mr teX
11-12-2007, 11:55 AM

Pretty much dead on right there. He looks great on curls, but when the target is moving, he struggles, he'll maybe hit 2 out of 5 accurately, the rest will be the WR making a great play. In college he could get away with being inaccurate largely b/c he was throwing to top talent & the windows are larger- that's if he even had to throw. In the pros, the window is substantially smaller.

The book is out on him is all you're seeing now. Teams are forcing him to beat them with his arm & he can't quite do it just yet b/c he hasn't had to do that consistently..... ever. Time will tell if he can or cannot. I read on the titans MB that some are blaming Fisher/Chow's offense which i can definitely see a little, but red zone int's, hitting WR's accurately, reading the defense & generally getting on the same page with your WRs isn't on the coaches, it's your QB.

Texan_Bill
11-12-2007, 11:57 AM
Pretty much dead on right there. He looks great on curls, but when the target is moving, he struggles, he'll maybe hit 2 out of 5 accurately, the rest will be the WR making a great play. In college he could get away with being inaccurate largely b/c he was throwing to top talent & the windows are larger- that's if he even had to throw. In the pros, the window is substantially smaller.

EXACTLY... I'm sure Limus Sweed would make me look good throwing a fade.

ChildressTitanMan
11-12-2007, 12:06 PM

So you choose to skip the part where me a Titans fan, honestly points out Young's flaws & you come back with this crap.What's with the ROTY fixation?You had one as well on Defense,great player IMO.

If your using a braile screen & keyboard I apologize. Maybe you could wipe the drool & food off them give it another shot at reading my post.

BigBull17
11-12-2007, 12:25 PM

Mybe as the 3rd Wr/RB/Gimmic player/Option player. He looked awful yesterday.

Texan_Bill
11-12-2007, 12:29 PM
Mybe as the 3rd Wr/RB/Gimmic player/Option player. He looked awful yesterday.

LMAO.. Earlier I wondered if he could play corner. I know he's 6'-5", but he is fast...

TexansSeminole
11-12-2007, 12:51 PM
So you choose to skip the part where me a Titans fan, honestly points out Young's flaws & you come back with this crap.What's with the ROTY fixation?You had one as well on Defense,great player IMO.

If your using a braile screen & keyboard I apologize. Maybe you could wipe the drool & food off them give it another shot at reading my post.

You said he won Rookie of the Year in year one, as if you can win the Rookie of the Year in your fourth year or something. I was saying you can only win the Rookie of the Year in your first year, so you sayin "in his first year" really doesn't mean shiz.

ChildressTitanMan
11-12-2007, 01:12 PM
You said he won Rookie of the Year in year one, as if you can win the Rookie of the Year in your fourth year or something. I was saying you can only win the Rookie of the Year in your first year, so you sayin "in his first year" really doesn't mean shiz.

Yeah in the context of having shown some good things in year one. In that context you wouldn't give up on a player who was struggling in year two.

You responded as if I was a homer banging on about how great it was to win ROTY. I didn't do that in any way.

It's not like this is the smack forum.I understand Texans fans have no interest in Young but it's your thread & I thought it was for football discussion.

Second Honeymoon
11-12-2007, 01:19 PM
I will cry the day that bust of an over-rated jackass comes to lead this team. Fortunately, it will be the same day that hell freezes over and John Kerry is elected president. Thus, I am not worried about it.

If he was brought here, probably as the result of a massive front office brain fart, I can gaurantee you that there would be no superbowl in our future.

well by the looks of your avatar, its obvious why you don't like VY. guess he just isn't the white errrr right color. why not just make it a noose or swastika? practically the same thing imho. maybe you can mix in a white hood and burning cross next time.....

as for VY, he is struggling and has regressed this year but he still makes plays and should get better over time. he looks a little slower now though and that is worrisome. he might have bought into the hype in the offseason and not commited himself enough. plus then you have the Madden curse.....but I guarantee you we would all be whistling Dixie (no pun intended) if VY was a Texan and we were 6-3....that is for sure.

Texan_Bill
11-12-2007, 01:26 PM
but I guarantee you we would all be whistling Dixie (no pun intended) if VY was a Texan and we were 6-3....that is for sure.

Not me.... I have stuck to my guns about never wanting VY here. If he were, I'd be whistling "Taps"

kastofsna
11-12-2007, 02:03 PM
guess he just isn't the white errrr right color.
no, you were right the first time. he's not white. he's black.

Ckw
11-12-2007, 02:16 PM
well by the looks of your avatar, its obvious why you don't like VY. guess he just isn't the white errrr right color. why not just make it a noose or swastika? practically the same thing imho. maybe you can mix in a white hood and burning cross next time.....

So a Confederate flag makes someone a racist? Granted, I took my down years ago simply because people took it the wrong way. It has a lot more to do with southern pride than racism. You're sorely uneducated if you think the Civil War was fought over slavery.

TD
11-12-2007, 02:19 PM

Ahh...the race card. Trumps all reasonable discussion. Game over.

kastofsna
11-12-2007, 02:19 PM
indeed, plenty of southern blacks out there fly the flag.

TexansSeminole
11-12-2007, 02:23 PM
You're sorely uneducated if you think the Civil War was fought over slavery.

I dunno, bro. I was educated in Texas from Pre-K to high school and slavery was always the #1 cause of the Civil War when I was learning about it. But anyway, I think this is kind of dumb to be talking about in a thread about a NFL QB.

Texan_Bill
11-12-2007, 02:25 PM
Friday nights with the Westbury Rebels playing the Lee Generals was a hoot. Both sides of Butler Stadium were lined with the "the Confederate Battle Flag"

To keep on topic... Butler was also where VY played most of his games..

adam
11-12-2007, 02:25 PM

as for VY, he is struggling and has regressed this year but he still makes plays and should get better over time. he looks a little slower now though and that is worrisome. he might have bought into the hype in the offseason and not commited himself enough. plus then you have the Madden curse.....but I guarantee you we would all be whistling Dixie (no pun intended) if VY was a Texan and we were 6-3....that is for sure.

Despite the urge, I am going to stay on topic here and not tear into you politically. Instead, I am just going to suggest that you not play race cards...mainly because they make you look like a complete imbecile in any sort of an intelligent discussion. Just ask any race baiter who has ever run for office.

Now, as far as football is concerned. When does Vince Young make a play? With 4 TDs, 10 INTs, and 5 fumbles on the year...I would say that he blows far more plays than he makes. If Young was the QB for the Texans, we would not be 6-3...we probably wouldn't even be 4-5. As someone said above, the Titans are winning games in spite of Vince Young, not because of. Hell, if the Texans had that sort of defense...we'd be 6-3. Probably better.

As for the Madden curse, I am not even going to touch on that sort of idiocy.

TexansSeminole
11-12-2007, 02:28 PM
Yeah in the context of having shown some good things in year one. In that context you wouldn't give up on a player who was struggling in year two.

You responded as if I was a homer banging on about how great it was to win ROTY. I didn't do that in any way.

It's not like this is the smack forum.I understand Texans fans have no interest in Young but it's your thread & I thought it was for football discussion.

Your right, my bad.

Brando
11-12-2007, 02:48 PM
The race card being played again. How sad. I was called a bigot by someone because I don't think VY is very bright.

Ignorance.

Ckw
11-12-2007, 02:49 PM
I dunno, bro. I was educated in Texas from Pre-K to high school and slavery was always the #1 cause of the Civil War when I was learning about it. But anyway, I think this is kind of dumb to be talking about in a thread about a NFL QB.

I'm with you about not turning this into a slavery/racism thread. Which is why it was a dumb remark for Second Honeymoon to make. And yes, slavery was an issue but look further: state's rights buddy. Slavery=a minor issue at the time. The real problem=stave government vs. national government. The Confederacy wanted each state to have their own sovereignty. The United States did not. This is also the single biggest reason why the Confederacy lost the war. An inability to command a SINGLE Confederate Army as opposed to multiple state militias. I could be wrong on the state but South Carolina had an overflow of artillery and uniforms. They refused to share with the rest of the Confederate Army as they wanted to look out for their own state's interests. But enough about this.

TexansSeminole
11-12-2007, 02:56 PM
I'm with you about not turning this into a slavery/racism thread. Which is why it was a dumb remark for Second Honeymoon to make. And yes, slavery was an issue but look further: state's rights buddy. Slavery=a minor issue at the time. The real problem=stave government vs. national government. The Confederacy wanted each state to have their own sovereignty. The United States did not. This is also the single biggest reason why the Confederacy lost the war. An inability to command a SINGLE Confederate Army as opposed to multiple state militias. I could be wrong on the state but South Carolina had an overflow of artillery and uniforms. They refused to share with the rest of the Confederate Army as they wanted to look out for their own state's interests. But enough about this.

I never said it was the only reason for the Civil War, I was just saying that when I was learning about the Civil War it was the main reason I was taught. I'm talking about actual test questions were like "What was the major reason for the Civil War" and of course the answer was "slavery".

And I agree, enough about this.

Errant Hothy
11-12-2007, 02:56 PM
The race card being played again. How sad. I was called a bigot by someone because I don't think VY is very bright.

Ignorance.

Just be thankful you missed out on the months of led up to the 06 draft. There was some real ugliness being thrown around.

Mr teX
11-12-2007, 03:01 PM

All of what you said was born mainly out of the slavery issue. South wanted to continue to do it as they felt it was within their states' right & their economy depended heavily on slave labor, The north said no, so i would say it was mainly about slavery, just not directly.

Brando
11-12-2007, 03:03 PM
Just be thankful you missed out on the months of led up to the 06 draft. There was some real ugliness being thrown around.

I was around but under a different name.......

Ckw
11-12-2007, 03:27 PM
All of what you said was born mainly out of the slavery issue. South wanted to continue to do it as they felt it was within their states' right & their economy depended heavily on slave labor, The north said no, so i would say it was mainly about slavery, just not directly.

You are correct. The problem is people deny this issues of sectionalism and federalism. A lot more of it had to do with government control, and the South wasn't about to be told how the states were to run their governments. Take in the broad picture. It wasn't just slavery. Slavery was a contributing factor among many contributing factors all leading to the abolishment (or close to) of state's rights. The federal government was fighting to be the supreme law of the land.

Double Barrel
11-12-2007, 03:41 PM
Don't listen to a dolphins fan ... they do not even know what winning means.

You've got to be kidding me. Are you completely clueless about NFL history and the success of past Miami teams? They know about winning, much more than either of our teams or cities.

You should take a break, buddy. Your trolling efforts are getting weaker and weaker. Take a walk in the sunshine and clear your head or something. I expect better from you.

Mr teX
11-12-2007, 03:47 PM
You are correct. The problem is people deny this issues of sectionalism and federalism. A lot more of it had to do with government control, and the South wasn't about to be told how the states were to run their governments. Take in the broad picture. It wasn't just slavery. Slavery was a contributing factor among many contributing factors all leading to the abolishment (or close to) of state's rights. The federal government was fighting to be the supreme law of the land.

Completely agree, there's always more than just 1 reason why a nation goes to war, it just kind of rubs me the wrong way when i listen, read or hear someone talk about the civil war & downplay how significant an issue slavery was back then, even if it was in the same vein as the other reasons.

kastofsna
11-12-2007, 03:58 PM
You've got to be kidding me. Are you completely clueless about NFL history and the success of past Miami teams? They know about winning, much more than either of our teams or cities.

You should take a break, buddy. Your trolling efforts are getting weaker and weaker. Take a walk in the sunshine and clear your head or something. I expect better from you.
before this season, Miami was the winningest franchise of all time. but these facts don't really matter, it's obvious when a guy has no argument at all that he's just going to spout ridiculous insults.

kastofsna
11-12-2007, 04:01 PM
Completely agree, there's always more than just 1 reason why a nation goes to war, it just kind of rubs me the wrong way when i listen, read or hear someone talk about the civil war & downplay how significant an issue slavery was back then, even if it was in the same vein as the other reasons.
it's a lot easier for people to paint that broad brush though. they like to romanticize a South that's so inbred and racist that they would start a war because the North didn't like the whole slavery thing.

Texan_Bill
11-12-2007, 04:45 PM
On the upside, 'his highness' QB rating went from 36.5 last week up to 64.8 this week, which is slightly better than his season Rating of 62.2

TexansSeminole
11-12-2007, 05:14 PM
On the upside, 'his highness' QB rating went from 36.5 last week up to 64.8 this week, which is slightly better than his season Rating of 62.2

That's an improvement of his 51.5% rating last year! Way to go! :throwball: