PDA

View Full Version : Vince Young and the Disappearing Sausage Trick

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9

Brando
08-19-2008, 02:48 PM
Bulger was throwing for 4000 yards before Steven Jackson was Steven Jackson.

He's older now and I know it's only preseason but he looks horrible so far(10-for-23 for 85 yards and three interceptions, one returned for a touchdown). I'm not discrediting your list though. :)

Brando
08-19-2008, 03:00 PM
yeah after all, Vince is black, thus he must be stupid and can't read. very nice touch.

something tells me that if Vince was white, you wouldn't be making jokes that he couldn't read but since he is a black QB you gotta make jokes that he can't read and that he is dumb...i know this is the rivalry forum but that is borderline racist imho.

but whatever, yeah Vince can't read. real f'in funny. congratulations.

Stop bringing race into this. It's lame. He did score a 6 on the Wonderlic.

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b252/Amberlybutterfly/Texans%20Signatures%20and%20pics/VinceMotel6.jpg

I was called a bigot by someone else that is blinded by the love of Vince Young because I was having fun on my Texans board making fun of a division rival's player. Bringing race into this in a rivalry section is very inept.

Double Barrel
08-19-2008, 03:04 PM
Bringing race into this in a rivalry section is very inept.

Baseless assumptions and groundless accusations seem to be part the overall defense strategy employed by Vince Young's fanboys. That, and giving him all the credit for winning in a team sport, while blaming the team for the losses.

Hookem Horns
08-19-2008, 03:08 PM
Rank them now, who are your top 10??

Mine:
1. Peyton Manning
2. Tom Brady
3. Drew Brees
4. Bret Farve
5. Tony Romo
6. Matt Hasselbeck
7. Kurt Warner
8. Ben Rothlisberger
9. Marc Bulger
10. David Garrard
11. Matt Schaub

I would think the Super Bowl MVP would crack that list and is better than the majority of QBs you have there. He looked pretty awesome again last night. Romo, are you serious?

Blazing Arrow
08-19-2008, 03:11 PM
25 of 42 for 280 yards SUX!!

Against backups ...

Texan_Bill
08-19-2008, 03:13 PM
Against backups ...

Our secondary may have sucked last year, but they weren't backups...

Second Honeymoon
08-19-2008, 03:23 PM
Blaming the WRs is just another excuse for a mediocre QB. (I have never said VY was a 'bad' QB. He is mediocre, which seems to get VY-homers' panties in a bunch.)

Take a look here (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/teams/ten/stats). And then go to the top of the same page and look at other NFL teams WR stats. There are other playoff teams with the same types of numbers. I don't hear their fans blaming the WRs for their QB.

Who throws the ball to those WRs? :hmmm:

totally agree, db. VY is currently a mediocre QB that makes more positive plays with his feet than his arm.

no doubt.

76Texan
08-19-2008, 04:15 PM
Against backups ...
http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=52668&page=4

Look for Texan_Bill post!

Tedc
08-19-2008, 04:19 PM
Its obvious you only questioned Vince's mental aptitude because he's black. You dirty evil racist scumbag you!!!

You only say that because you're green.

Blazing Arrow
08-19-2008, 04:34 PM

I see it but I am not going to read through four pages of garbage just to find an old banana peal.

Texan_Bill
08-19-2008, 04:35 PM
You only say that because you're green.

Captain Kirk liked green chicks. If they were good enough for CK, they're good enough for me....

http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s225/sinnatra_2007/wwckd-what-would-captain-kirk-do.jpg

WWCKD???

Bag the green chick, of course.

Blazing Arrow
08-19-2008, 05:50 PM
Our secondary may have sucked last year, but they weren't backups...

On most teams they would be. :splits:

Texan_Bill
08-19-2008, 05:55 PM
On most teams they would be. :splits:

That's why we were hoping to face your J.V. QB in lieu of Collins.

BTW, GoTitans.com has some folks over there that aren't particularly enthralled with VY either. Then again, there are also a few still blinded by their man-love with VY.

TEXANRED
08-19-2008, 06:14 PM
totally agree, db. VY is currently a mediocre QB that makes more positive plays with his feet than his arm.

no doubt.

VY a Mediocre QB?

Why do you hate black people?

Blazing Arrow
08-19-2008, 06:44 PM
BTW, GoTitans.com has some folks over there that aren't particularly enthralled with VY either. Then again, there are also a few still blinded by their man-love with VY.

Really? I had not noticed. :rolleyes:

After his last game the numbers have started to grow. If this team has to rely on Young to carry us all season we will not win very many games. But we have a very good D, a very good run game, good special teams, and a great coach. If teams can not stop Young from picking up short yardage 1st with his feet or dump offs to our new TE we will win allot of games on low risk plays and clock management. Fisher Ball at its finest. :doot:

Blazing Arrow
08-19-2008, 06:52 PM

Some of your memebers seem to feel it is necassary to down rep me for any posts made in the main forum. Kind of VY of them IMO.

Specnatz
08-19-2008, 08:07 PM
Some of you memebers seem to feel it is necassary to down rep me for any posts made in the main forum. Kind of VY of them IMO.

Only when you talk shit in the main forum versus discussing football. In other words leave the smack here, not a very hard concept for most. For you on the other hand it seems to be almost impossible.

Blazing Arrow
08-19-2008, 08:25 PM
Only when you talk shit in the main forum versus discussing football. In other words leave the smack here, not a very hard concept for most. For you on the other hand it seems to be almost impossible.

http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showpost.php?p=695846&postcount=49

Yup that is total trash talk :rolleyes:

Specnatz
08-19-2008, 09:19 PM
http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showpost.php?p=695846&postcount=49

Yup that is total trash talk :rolleyes:

All the way back in 2007 big Fn Deal :thisbig:

Texans_Chick
08-19-2008, 09:46 PM
Mawae thinks he is getting a bad rap.

http://www.gotitans.com/artman2/publish/article_00_2666.shtml

As TitanJeff says, Young does not need to carry the team he just needs to not lose us the game. He has been pretty good at that. We need to put more points on the board and with a new OC I think that is very likely. I see us finishing in 1st or second in division this season. Especially if Manning's injury is worst then the Colts are letting on. Hags suck, always have always will.

Yeah, Heimerdinger said some similar things (http://nfl.fanhouse.com/2008/08/16/young-has-some-improving-to-do):

"I said all along that we will do a lot of things and give him lot of looks and then we'll condense it down,'' Heimerdinger said. "I think the main thing for him is to manage the game and not turn the ball over, not throw interceptions and put our defense in bad positions.

I think the article makes a great point. Could you imagine a coordinator saying such things about the best franchise QBs in the league? The question is this: Why draft Vince Young if you want him to be a boring game manager? Why pay a guy that much jack as a third pick for that role?

Vince wants to be freaking Vince. He doesn't want to be Trent Dilfer. He wants to be a new-age Steve Young. He wants the adoration of a pre-dog Mike Vick. You think he is going to be happy with a don't f it up role on the team? Do you think he is going to be happy having to explain his 160 yards passing to the media each week, or having over 200 yards passing be a Alert The Media?

He can say all that team first stuff he wants, but you can tell it eats at him to play as poorly as he has. If Young looks bad because Heimerdinger is trying different things to see what Young does best, well then, there ain't going to be much of a playbook left if preseason is any indication.

BattleRedToro
08-19-2008, 09:56 PM
He doesn't want to be Trent Dilfer. He wants to be a new-age Steve Young. He wants the adoration of a pre-dog Mike Vick. You think he is going to be happy with a don't f it up role on the team?

All 3 of those other QB's you listed had 1 thing that Vince never will.

The ability to throw the long ball.

Vince Young has the worst throwing mechanics I have ever seen.

He may not be happy with his new role, but it is the best chance he will ever have at winning, so he better get used to it.

TheRealJoker
08-19-2008, 11:26 PM
I dont envision too many pass plays over 10 yards being in the Titans playbook this season. The Gulf Coast offense will make its return this season!!!

ChildressTitanMan
08-20-2008, 01:37 AM
I think the article makes a great point. Could you imagine a coordinator saying such things about the best franchise QBs in the league? The question is this: Why draft Vince Young if you want him to be a boring game manager? Why pay a guy that much jack as a third pick for that role?

Vince wants to be freaking Vince. He doesn't want to be Trent Dilfer. He wants to be a new-age Steve Young. He wants the adoration of a pre-dog Mike Vick. You think he is going to be happy with a don't f it up role on the team? Do you think he is going to be happy having to explain his 160 yards passing to the media each week, or having over 200 yards passing be a Alert The Media?

He can say all that team first stuff he wants, but you can tell it eats at him to play as poorly as he has. If Young looks bad because Heimerdinger is trying different things to see what Young does best, well then, there ain't going to be much of a playbook left if preseason is any indication.

Of course it pisses him off to look bad.It doesn't matter which QB your talking about ,past or present. The #1 rule is always don't f it up. Sort that out & you have a good foundation to build confidence from.

Your an intelligent football fan,you know darn well the preseason playbook is irrelevant.

I guess the preseason means more to fans of bottom feeder teams.idonno:

Dread-Head
08-20-2008, 01:48 AM
Didn't Mac Brown say that Vince had trouble memorizing the playbook when he was at UT? Aren't Pro offenses considerably more complicated than college offenses? I'm not sayin'...I'm just sayin' is all....

Specnatz
08-20-2008, 02:17 AM
Of course it pisses him off to look bad.It doesn't matter which QB your talking about ,past or present. The #1 rule is always don't f it up. Sort that out & you have a good foundation to build confidence from.

Your an intelligent football fan,you know darn well the preseason playbook is irrelevant.

I do not think that terminology was ever in Steve Young, Roger Staubach, or Tom Brady's playbook. How in the world does hey kid I want you to go out there and not screw it up help build confidence? To me that would make you think about all the mess ups you already do and not the goodthingsyou do.

As far as saying the playbook for the preseason is different than the regualr season, you are 100% right. Generally it is dumbed down in preseason. So if you can not figure out the preseason you sure as hell will not figure out the regular season.

Texan_Bill
08-20-2008, 08:13 AM
I do not think that terminology was ever in Steve Young, Roger Staubach, or Tom Brady's playbook. How in the world does hey kid I want you to go out there and not screw it up help build confidence? To me that would make you think about all the mess ups you already do and not the goodthingsyou do.

As far as saying the playbook for the preseason is different than the regualr season, you are 100% right. Generally it is dumbed down in preseason. So if you can not figure out the preseason you sure as hell will not figure out the regular season.

The Titans give Vince the full playbook for the preseason and dumb it down for the regular season. That way when he sucks in a preseason game - it's no worries, but the regular season they give him less opportunity to screw things up....

Señor Stan
08-20-2008, 08:19 AM
The #1 rule is always don't f it up. Sort that out & you have a good foundation to build confidence from.

Hmmmm....playing not to lose.

I didn't know Dom Capers posted on this board.

Texan_Bill
08-20-2008, 08:46 AM
BA, y'all have some of the worst smack talkers ever over on gotitans.com. Maybe some of you more experienced posters (you, Childress, KCLOWN, etc.) should get in there and help those young kids out.

Texans_Chick
08-20-2008, 09:31 AM

Generally, the preseason doesn't matter. However, when you have a new offensive coordinator and your starting QB is playing like a pile of poop in the preseason after getting his coordinator fired last year because the starting QB was playing like a pile of poop, well, that is not a good sign. Well, if you are a Titan fan, that is.

You can't tell me that you have no worries. I wasn't writing what I was writing for smack.It is difficult to develop any NFL QB from scratch. It is particularly difficult if their skill sets are different than the traditional NFL QB skills sets. And your QB has some mechanical er quirks. So, a crap preseason and camp for Young can't be on your good list.

HJam72
08-20-2008, 09:46 AM
Titans message boards are fun for us to read right about now. :gathering:

CloakNNNdagger
08-20-2008, 10:04 AM
Generally, the preseason doesn't matter. However, when you have a new offensive coordinator and your starting QB is playing like a pile of poop in the preseason after getting his coordinator fired last year because the starting QB was playing like a pile of poop, well, that is not a good sign. Well, if you are a Titan fan, that is.

You can't tell me that you have no worries. I wasn't writing what I was writing for smack.It is difficult to develop any NFL QB from scratch. It is particularly difficult if their skill sets are different than the traditional NFL QB skills sets. And your QB has some mechanical er quirks. So, a crap preseason and camp for Young can't be on your good list.

I found this VY training video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ZoGf47Z3aY). Note the agilation over the proper technique of pooping. You may also note the adoring fan and The Titan blue dressed coach cheering the succesful poop. Gee, almost makes me want to poop..............correctly.:texflag:

HJam72
08-20-2008, 10:07 AM
I found this VY training video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ZoGf47Z3aY). Note the agilation over the proper technique of pooping. You may also note the adoring fan and The Titan blue dressed coach cheering the succesful poop. Gee, almost makes me want to poop..............correctly.:texflag:

Wow, and I just thought I was hungry. :mcnugget:

Blazing Arrow
08-20-2008, 10:26 AM
BA, y'all have some of the worst smack talkers ever over on gotitans.com. Maybe some of you more experienced posters (you, Childress, KCLOWN, etc.) should get in there and help those young kids out.

Watch yourself with McNair comments ....

My handle use to be BlazingArrow#9

gwallaia
08-20-2008, 10:30 AM

Is there such a thing as a good smack talker?

Blazing Arrow
08-20-2008, 10:32 AM
Is there such a thing as a good smack talker?

Why people walk into oncoming traffic always amazes me .... :gun:

Texan_Bill
08-20-2008, 10:32 AM
Watch yourself with McNair comments ....

My handle use to be BlazingArrow#9

Never said anything disrespectful. I was actually excited whenever the Oilers drafted him, although I knew it would take him a few years to figure out. Alas, the Oilers moved so I didn't give a damn about the rats ass...

I see you logged in as Blazing Arrow and Blazing Arrow+.... How many freakin handles do you have anyway???

Khari
08-20-2008, 10:33 AM
the titans suck.........just thought i'd say that......carry on

HJam72
08-20-2008, 10:34 AM

:goodpost::fans::mario3:texanpride

Texan_Bill
08-20-2008, 10:42 AM

[/END thread]

Overalls
08-20-2008, 11:23 AM

What's bad is that they actually have a hidden section on the board where they have people trying to teach them how to talk smack. I was a member of it for a second before they realize I was the enemy. They call their little group the Smack Pretenders or something like that. Overall atleast you can diss their team a bit without being banned in a flash unlike that 4th class, coward site, TENNheadsonline.

Blazing Arrow
08-20-2008, 11:45 AM

What is less then suck?

Because the Texicans fall into that level of football team. You are 2-10 against your former team ... basically the definition of suck.

BattleRedRaider
08-20-2008, 11:52 AM
What is less then suck?

Because the Texicans fall into that level of football team. You are 2-10 against your former team ... basically the definition of suck.

Really?

I don't recall the Texans being the franchise with the biggest choke-job in playoff history.

Blazing Arrow
08-20-2008, 12:09 PM
What's bad is that they actually have a hidden section on the board where they have people trying to teach them how to talk smack. I was a member of it for a second before they realize I was the enemy. They call their little group the Smack Pretenders or something like that. Overall atleast you can diss their team a bit without being banned in a flash unlike that 4th class, coward site, TENNheadsonline.

There are plenty of non Titan fans in that group. Allot of Colt Freaks mainly and a few others ... it is more of a place to organize stikes against other boards. :splits:

Blazing Arrow
08-20-2008, 12:11 PM
Really?

I don't recall the Texans being the franchise with the biggest choke-job in playoff history.

Talk to me when the Ws are more then the Ls.

I believe you are the longest running franchise without making the playoffs as an expansion team. Fun record to hold :photos:

Trap_Star
08-20-2008, 12:12 PM
VY facts make a comeback?

Specnatz
08-20-2008, 12:13 PM
There are plenty of non Titan fans in that group. Allot of Colt Freaks mainly and a few others ... it is more of a place to organize stikes against other boards. :splits:

Kinda pathetic that you have to have a secret place for that don't you think?

Obviously with the weak ass Texican barb you need to spend time there because your trash talking is weaker than vy accuracy.

Texan_Bill
08-20-2008, 12:15 PM
What is less then suck?

37 years with one Super Bowl appearence and NO Lombardi's.... That's in the same vein as the Saints and Cardinals which is the ultimate in suckitude....

Texan_Bill
08-20-2008, 12:17 PM

Maybe I'll sneak in there and stir the pot a bit. So far, I have been fairly tame. But posters like VinceYOung10Fan or whatever the hell he calls himself keep up with the lame crap, the gloves will come off.

TheRealJoker
08-20-2008, 12:18 PM
What is less then suck?

Having Bud Adams as your owner has got to be less than suck :(

BattleRedRaider
08-20-2008, 12:19 PM

I believe you are the longest running franchise without making the playoffs as an expansion team. Fun record to hold :photos:

....yeah, that's still not as bad as losing to the Bills in the biggest comeback ever seen.

Blazing Arrow
08-20-2008, 12:29 PM
Kinda pathetic that you have to have a secret place for that don't you think?

Obviously with the weak ass Texican barb you need to spend time there because your trash talking is weaker than vy accuracy.

It is not a 'secret' place ... it is something you have to be invited too. I have heard there are places on this board that are member only places but I coul be wrong. I know they exist on several other boards.

Either way it is just a place to go beyond the board rules in conversation ...

http://i164.photobucket.com/albums/u13/BlazingArrow24/FirstSRlogo200.jpg

hey we even have a logo :whip:

Double Barrel
08-20-2008, 12:32 PM
What is less then suck?

In a thread titled "Vince Young is the best QB in the NFL", your weak take is what is "less than suck".

Btw, you might want to change that to "former franchise", because the Titans were never our team.

If bragging about wins against an expansion team with on of the worst expansion deals in the history of the NFL is all you've got, then do what you think you need to do to feel good about yourself. That includes buying yourself another pair of lacy panties, because your old pair seems to be in a wad for all the whining you've done recently to prop up your rather mediocre QB. That's the purpose of this thread any way, but far be it from me to expect a Titans troll to keep on topic.

Blazing Arrow
08-20-2008, 12:33 PM

I'll be sure to write that down as something that irritates in you ... you know for future reference. :lion:

Texan_Bill
08-20-2008, 12:41 PM

As usual - you beleive wrong....You really ought to know what the hell you are talking about before throwing that garbage out there.

Philadelphia Eagles - 1933 to 1944: 11 Seasons
New Orleans Saints - 1967 to 1987: 20 Seasons
Atlanta Falcons - 1966 to 1978: 12 Seasons

Specnatz
08-20-2008, 12:46 PM
As usual - you beleive wrong....You really ought to know what the hell you are talking about before throwing that garbage out there.

Facts and a titans fan do not usually go together. :user:

Texan_Bill
08-20-2008, 12:50 PM
THis is the kind of smack some of them run (giving Vince10Young fan, complete credit of course):

Matt Schaub didn't win a ROY.
Schaub has never been to the playoffs or at least started.
Schaub was the backup to Vick.
Schaub has never been on the cover of madden.
Schaub wasn't the 3rd overall pick.
The Texans can't even get a QB that is good.
Schaub doesn't get hurt everytime he gets hit by a Titan.
VY never had a WR. Barely even a RB.
VY led a team to a 8-8 record after the year before going 4-12
Texans fans weren't begging to get Schaub they wanted VY.

Of course I'm just a stupid homer.

See the bolded portions:

That should be the end of the post right there. Matt Schaub has never been on the cover of Madden. The be all, end all of the conversation :rolleyes:

Yes you are a stupid homer, AND you are completely blinded from wearing vinces g-string as an eye patch... :gun:

This guy was arguing with his own Titans fans about Young. Some of their posters at least have enough football savvy to see that VY hasn't done squat. One Titan poster actually repped me and said "VY SUCKS!!"

Blazing Arrow
08-20-2008, 12:51 PM

Just being lazy and if I throw out outlandish remarks like that I get someone to look them up for me. It is called delegating responsibility. :kingkong:

Texan_Bill
08-20-2008, 12:53 PM
Just being lazy and if I throw out outlandish remarks like that I get someone to look them up for me. It is called delegating responsibility. :kingkong:

Nice try...... You know you really beleive the crap you put out there!!! :chickendance:

Second Honeymoon
08-20-2008, 12:55 PM
Really?

that is really pathetic. that happened when they were the Houston Oilers and the tennessee faithful have nothing to do with that. Basically if you are a Texans fan, you can't say Titans suck and be honest about it, because if you do, you are in essence saying the Texans suck....

...but of course we don't want reality and logic to get in the way of such 'epic' smack, so run with it...congrats. To be honest, Tennessee is the franchise with the best comeback in history, Music City Miracle....they had nothing to do with 35-3. I lived through that and it had nothing to do with Titan or Tennessee..it had to do with playing not to lose and Gilbride and Moon being poor game managers and clock managers.

BattleRedRaider
08-20-2008, 12:58 PM
that is really pathetic. that happened when they were the Houston Oilers and the tennessee faithful have nothing to do with that. Basically if you are a Texans fan, you can't say Titans suck and be honest about it, because if you do, you are in essence saying the Texans suck....

...but of course we don't want reality and logic to get in the way of such 'epic' smack, so run with it...congrats. To be honest, Tennessee is the franchise with the best comeback in history, Music City Miracle....they had nothing to do with 35-3. I lived through that and it had nothing to do with Titan or Tennessee..it had to do with playing not to lose and Gilbride and Moon being poor game managers and clock managers.

Well if the 35-3 game is listed in the "History" section of the Tennessee website....then yeah, they're the ones who choked.

Blazing Arrow
08-20-2008, 01:00 PM
In a thread titled "Vince Young is the best QB in the NFL", your weak take is what is "less than suck".

It is not weak smack. Someone said the Titans suck. I just wanted to know what less then suck was since the Texicans in no way have even sniffed the level the Titans are at.

Btw, you might want to change that to "former franchise", because the Titans were never our team.

Plenty of you were Oiler fans. Weather you believe it or not they are the same franchise.

If bragging about wins against an expansion team with on of the worst expansion deals in the history of the NFL is all you've got, then do what you think you need to do to feel good about yourself. That includes buying yourself another pair of lacy panties, because your old pair seems to be in a wad for all the whining you've done recently to prop up your rather mediocre QB. That's the purpose of this thread any way, but far be it from me to expect a Titans troll to keep on topic.

I am not suprised excuses flow from a team that picked Carr #1 but come on. No one is bragging just pointing out the facts.

Blazing Arrow
08-20-2008, 01:01 PM
Nice try...... You know you really beleive the crap you put out there!!! :chickendance:

I believe the Texans suck if that helps you sleep at night.

Texan_Bill
08-20-2008, 01:04 PM

You really can't get your hands around the whole smack thread stuff, can you??

Brando
08-20-2008, 01:06 PM
You really can't get your hands around the whole smack thread stuff, can you??

Apparently not, you talk smack against the Titans fans not flame another Texans fan, LMAO.

Blazing Arrow
08-20-2008, 01:06 PM
THis is the kind of smack some of them run (giving Vince10Young fan, complete credit of course):

See the bolded portions:

That should be the end of the post right there. Matt Schaub has never been on the cover of Madden. The be all, end all of the conversation :rolleyes:

Yes you are a stupid homer, AND you are completely blinded from wearing vinces g-string as an eye patch... :gun:

This guy was arguing with his own Titans fans about Young. Some of their posters at least have enough football savvy to see that VY hasn't done squat. One Titan poster actually repped me and said "VY SUCKS!!"

You have plenty of posters that can be put on this level. Some of us are McNairs some of us are Billy Joes ...

Double Barrel
08-20-2008, 01:09 PM
Well if the 35-3 game is listed in the "History" section of the Tennessee website....then yeah, they're the ones who choked.

Tennessee retires Houston Oilers numbers. It is the same franchise, no matter how the VY-fanboys and Titans trolls want to spin it.

The Pro Football Hall of Fame clearly indicates that Bud's franchise is the Titans & Oilers. They are one and the same franchise.

So Tennessee is free to accept all the accomplishments of the team-formerly-known-as-the-Oilers, but they don't want accept the epic failures? Seems to be a bit selective, IMHO. But being honest is not what that fat slug and his current source of revenue have been about. Stealing another city's team is punkassed in and of itself. Instigating that move is nothing less than slimeball. Seeing a Titans-fan-posing-as-a-Texans-fan defend that despicable owner is the sludge dripping from the fat slug's gapping exit. True colors bleed through at the end of the day.

Texan_Bill
08-20-2008, 01:10 PM
You have plenty of posters that can be put on this level. Some of us are McNairs some of us are Billy Joes ...

That's where you are wrong my rainbow colored friend... Texans fans can do NO wrong!! (Except SH who sucks at smack ;) ).

Texan_Bill
08-20-2008, 01:16 PM
So Tennessee is free to accept all the accomplishments of the team-formerly-known-as-the-Oilers, but they don't want accept the epic failures? Seems to be a bit selective, IMHO.

:thinking: Must be the MO for Titans fans, because that's the same logic used for VY. When they win - it's all VY. When they lose its everyone else but VY's fault.

Double Barrel
08-20-2008, 01:16 PM
It is not weak smack. Someone said the Titans suck. I just wanted to know what less then suck was since the Texicans in no way have even sniffed the level the Titans are at.

Plenty of you were Oiler fans. Weather you believe it or not they are the same franchise.

I am not suprised excuses flow from a team that picked Carr #1 but come on. No one is bragging just pointing out the facts.

Obviously, failure in reading comprehension because you are trying too hard to be an obtuse a-hole is your current M.O. Whatever floats your boat, dude.

I have never denied that it is the same franchise. See my above post. But if you want to delude yourself into believing that it's the same TEAM, then why didn't no. 34 attend his number retirement in Tennessee? Oh yeah, he said he never played in Tennessee and was never a stinkin' Titan. And I'll take a Hall of Famer's perspective over some worthless Titans troll any day.

The rest of your point is typical hot air, and indicative of someone who has completely lost steam because he's already admitted that his team can't depend on their superstar, mediocre QB. Walk on home, boy.

Blazing Arrow
08-20-2008, 01:17 PM
That's where you are wrong my rainbow colored friend... Texans fans can do NO wrong!! (Except SH who sucks at smack ;) ).

He's a Texan fan??!!

BattleRedRaider
08-20-2008, 01:17 PM
And for that matter...

To be honest, Tennessee is the franchise with the best comeback in history, Music City Miracle

Judges?

*buzzer*

Sorry, that's incorrect. Hell, I'd put the Bears comeback over the Cardinals over the Music City Miracle.

Texan_Bill
08-20-2008, 01:22 PM

And yet again you would be wrong......

Main Entry: 1suck
Pronunciation: \ˈsək\
Function: verb
Etymology: Middle English suken, from Old English sūcan; akin to Old High German sūgan to suck, Latin sugere
Date: before 12th century
transitive verb
1 slang : to be objectionable or inadequate <our lifestyle sucks— Playboy> <people who went said it sucked— H. S. Thompson>
2 slang : See Bud Adams <Bud Adams sucks as a team owner and a person>
3 slang : Also see Tennessee Titans <The Titans suck. In 37 years they've only been to one Super Bowl and lost>
4 slang : Also see VY <Vince sucks, both figuratively and literally :hobie: >

Blazing Arrow
08-20-2008, 01:23 PM
And for that matter...

Judges?

*buzzer*

Sorry, that's incorrect. Hell, I'd put the Bears comeback over the Cardinals over the Music City Miracle.

And you would be wrong. :tiphat:

BattleRedRaider
And you would be wrong. :tiphat:

Except I'm right.

Texan_Bill
He's a Texan fan??!!

Yes. He just suffers from Vincejockstraponitis....

Brando
08-20-2008, 01:27 PM

lol:

Texan_Bill
08-20-2008, 01:28 PM
And for that matter...

Judges?

*buzzer*

I concur. That's an incorrect answer.

1980 New Orleans Saints led the San Francisco 49ers 35-7 at half-time only to lose in OT by a field goal... Final: NO - 35; 49ers - 38

BattleRedRaider
08-20-2008, 01:32 PM

A disease commonly found in Titans fans.

I can guess at least one symptom:

Hallucinations (example: "VY is improving on the field!")

Specnatz
08-20-2008, 01:37 PM

The titans who chose a runningback as their qb and make all kinds of excuses for him and his poor throwing. Yes the Texans chose HSNBN and the tinbreads chose the oc killer in vy. Going into his third year you have the OC saying he needs to work on his foot work like he is a jr in highschool and just learning the game. Not my friend that is suckage even ykw could not fathom.

HOU-TEX

Very nice!! Plus he's a St. Louis Cardinals fan. :gun:

Carr Bombed

You can run all the smack you want, but all it does is make me laugh, because...

At the end of the day we have a viable starting NFL caliber QB, while your team has to toss out a future bust of a QB......a QB that in the end will set your team back years and waste away a pretty damn good defense.

There's a reason why Fisher didn't take a WR early in the draft, Fisher knows it wouldn't have made a damn bit of difference. He knows that the only hope he has to score points with Young at QB is to do it on the ground and with big plays (Since Young can't really sustain long drives), that's why he drafted Chris Johnson.

Your QB sucks ass.

HOU-TEX
08-20-2008, 01:40 PM
You can run all the smack you want, but all it does is make me laugh, because...

At the end of the day we have a viable starting NFL caliber QB, while your team has to toss out a future bust of a QB......a QB that in the end will set your team back years and waste away a pretty damn good defense.

There's a reason why Fisher didn't take a WR early in the draft, Fisher knows it wouldn't have made a damn bit of difference. He knows that the only hope he has to score points with Young at QB is to do it on the ground and with big plays (Since Young can't really sustain long drives), that's why he drafted Chris Johnson.

Your QB sucks ass.

Literally speaking. :shades:

Brando
08-20-2008, 01:43 PM

Your QB sucks ass.

I think he likes sausage and likes people reading the tattoo on his back.:user:

Second Honeymoon
08-20-2008, 02:26 PM
And for that matter...

Judges?

*buzzer*

playoff comeback. nice nitpick though.

Second Honeymoon
08-20-2008, 02:27 PM

if that makes you feel any better about things so be it. That was Houston football irregardless of whether Bud sold the franchise.

Texan_Bill
08-20-2008, 02:31 PM

"What's my Name?!?!?!"

http://sportswrap.berecruited.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/09/vyoung.jpg

He can get a big :hobie: tatooed right under his name.....

Second Honeymoon
08-20-2008, 02:34 PM

yup 2nd greatest baseball team of all-time behind only the Yankees. I have been a Cards fan since birth.

See we win games that matter, you know like big games, like the World Series....i know that may be hard to comprehend for Astros fan seeing that the only time you got there you were swept away like so much dust...but that is to be expected from a franchise that hasn't had a sniff of a championship in 4 decades of futility, even when 2 HOF level pitchers were pretty much gift wrapped for you. That stuff aint gonna happen again so enjoy being irrelevant again, Astros fan. Uncle Drayton McKKKlane may have to find a way to go back to an all-white roster....he can't have any 'coloreds' on his team after all....that just aint Astros ball and it sure ain't 'the good guys'.

If you want to run smack, you may want to stick to VY because an Astros fan running smack at a Cardinals fan is a laughable proposition at best.

10 World Championships and practically our wing at the HOF at Cooperstown....

....we are still waiting for an Astros HOF'er. Biggio will get in but what did he ever win? *crickets chirping*

and don't even bring up Bagwell, because that dude was the chokester personified. Just a big hit not waiting to happen.

Texan_Bill
08-20-2008, 02:36 PM
yup 2nd greatest baseball team of all-time behind only the Yankees. I have been a Cards fan since birth.

See we win games that matter, you know like big games, like the World Series....i know that may be hard to comprehend for Astros fan seeing that the only time you got there you were swept away like so much dust...but that is to be expected from a franchise that hasn't had a sniff of a championship in 4 decades of futility, even when 2 HOF level pitchers were pretty much gift wrapped for you. That stuff aint gonna happen again so enjoy being irrelevant again, Astros fan. Uncle Drayton McKKKlane may have to find a way to go back to an all-white roster....he can't have any 'coloreds' on his team after all....that just aint Astros ball and it sure ain't 'the good guys'.

If you want to run smack, you may want to stick to VY because an Astros fan running smack at a Cardinals fan is a laughable proposition at best.

....we are still waiting for an Astros HOF'er. Biggio will get in but what did he ever win? *crickets chirping*

and don't even bring up Bagwell, because that dude was the chokester personified. Just a big hit not waiting to happen.

*ahem* there is a baseball forum for your baseball dissertations....

PS. Cardinals suck anyway.

Brando
08-20-2008, 02:40 PM

If you want to run smack, leave the damn race card out of it. It's lame and stupid.

Second Honeymoon
08-20-2008, 02:40 PM
He's a Texan fan??!!

season ticket holder PSL owner since Day One and my name is on the glass memorial to the fans. Just because I don't brainlessly homer for my team, doesnt make me any less of a fan. In fact, it makes me a better fan.

Yes, I am a Longhorn and yes I still think the Texans would have been better off cutting Carr with no extension and drafting Vince. Much better for the team than suffering through another year of Carr and a 3 year extension only to cut him 10 months later, and then giving up huge draft picks for an unproven QB (fwiw - a QB that I think has done a great job one healthy) that has had trouble staying healthy.

but of course, that isnt the battle red pill being swallowed by fans around town so the sheeple label me less of a fan. and I care because? .......exactly.

BattleRedRaider
08-20-2008, 02:41 PM
playoff comeback. nice nitpick though.

Oh, you want a playoff comeback?

Um....35...to....3......

if that makes you feel any better about things so be it. That was Houston football irregardless of whether Bud sold the franchise.

That Houston team is NOW in Tennessee.

Irregardless?

jaayteetx
08-20-2008, 02:42 PM

You know, I went to St. Louis to watch a game a few years back. Very classy fans. Your post here, not so much. Just be happy you have a team that has been successful and don't come round here ragging on the Stros. The Stros did get swept when we went to the world series, buy ya know, that stuff happens. Red Sox/Cardinals recent world series ring any bells?

Second Honeymoon
08-20-2008, 02:43 PM
If you want to run smack, leave the damn race card out of it. It's lame and stupid.

McKKKlane's record speaks for itself. He has gotten a little less racist errrr more progressive lately and what d'ya know. They get a guy like Hawkins who was a nice find. 5 years ago, McKKKlane wouldn't have hired Hawkins to mow his lawn, much less pitch middle relief.

Texan_Bill
08-20-2008, 02:45 PM
McKKKlane's record speaks for itself. He has gotten a little less racist errrr more progressive lately and what d'ya know. They get a guy like Hawkins who was a nice find. 5 years ago, McKKKlane wouldn't have hired Hawkins to mow his lawn, much less pitch middle relief.

Dude... Seriously take your baseball talk to the baseball forum.... BTW 6 of your world championships were prior to Jackie Robinson if you want to talk about race and baseball....

BUT take it elsewhere....

You will not hijack this thread about the suckitude of vincent.

Specnatz

Have to pull out the race card yet again. What is it with you and race, do you feel guilty about something you have done in your past? Seriously SH take a break from here because your tired ass comments and having to bring up total bullshit is getting old and fast. Honestly, I should freakin give you a negative rep for the racist comment regarding the Astros owner but your not worth it. What ever your issues are you need to go work them out.

Your Very Lame.

Oh and vy sucks and no one here gives a crap about the cardinals.

EDIT: Screw It .. You deserve it.

Second Honeymoon
You know, I went to St. Louis to watch a game a few years back. Very classy fans. Your post here, not so much. Just be happy you have a team that has been successful and don't come round here ragging on the Stros. The Stros did get swept when we went to the world series, buy ya know, that stuff happens. Red Sox/Cardinals recent world series ring any bells?

we got swept and got back and then did the sweeping. you got swept and all the Stros have done since is weeping.

St. Louis Cardinals > Everyone but the Yankees

Texan_Bill
08-20-2008, 02:46 PM
we got swept and got back and then did the sweeping. you got swept and all the Stros have done since is weeping.

St. Louis Cardinals > Everyone but the Yankees

Dude STFU about baseball... here at least. You're freakin' hard headed.

Second Honeymoon
08-20-2008, 02:47 PM
Dude... Seriously take your baseball talk to the baseball forum.... BTW 6 of your world championships were prior to Jackie Robinson if you want to talk about race and baseball....

BUT take it elsewhere....

You will not hijack this thread about the suckitude of vincent.

two words Bob Gibson. best right hander of all time. btw he was black.

Brando
08-20-2008, 02:47 PM

Well you know more about the color of peoples skin better than I do. I watch the game for the best athletes on the field not by the color of their skin.

Who beat the Cardinals in the last game at Busch? That was pretty sweet.

Texan_Bill
08-20-2008, 02:48 PM
two words Bob Gibson. best right hander of all time. btw he was black.

Six words....... STFU about baseball

BattleRedRaider
08-20-2008, 02:49 PM
Guys, I'm here to talk about basketball!

And hockey!

Second Honeymoon
08-20-2008, 02:50 PM
Well you know more about the color of peoples skin better than I do. I watch the game for the best athletes on the field not by the color of their skin.

Who beat the Cardinals in the last game at Busch? That was pretty sweet.

too bad that and a nickel will only buy you a cup of jack squat....but maybe you can make a statue of that win like you did the Chokester Bagwell and put it outside the stadium......after all it may start to make up for that empty trophy case your franchise has. 100% empty. congrats.

Second Honeymoon
08-20-2008, 02:50 PM
Six words....... STFU about baseball

two letters NM (never mind)

Texan_Bill
08-20-2008, 02:51 PM
The titans who chose a runningback as their qb and make all kinds of excuses for him and his poor throwing. Yes the Texans chose HSNBN and the tinbreads chose the oc killer in vy. Going into his third year you have the OC saying he needs to work on his foot work like he is a jr in highschool and just learning the game. Not my friend that is suckage even ykw could not fathom.

Your QB sucks ass.

Literally speaking. :shades:

Posted to get everyone back on subject....... Do not let SH bait you into his nonesense. It's tired, boring and weak.

Specnatz
08-20-2008, 02:58 PM
After they fix his footwork are they going to fix that throwing motion?

Texan_Bill
08-20-2008, 03:01 PM

It's not as much a 'throwing motion' as it is a flailing seizure in his arm.

Texan_Bill
08-20-2008, 03:02 PM
two letters NM (never mind)

The *edit* is appreciated.

Brando
08-20-2008, 03:03 PM
Cardinals fan says.....

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b252/Amberlybutterfly/Texans%20Signatures%20and%20pics/protestormoron.jpg

This thread is about Vince Young and how great he is.....

BattleRedRaider
08-20-2008, 03:04 PM
I'll tell you guys what I thought was funny.

A friend of mine who's a Titans fan (Oilers fan originally, still following them after they moved to Tennessee) is now all over VY's jock. I remind him of all the smack he talked about VY before the NFL Draft. Posting a comment an image using Vince's head over Uncle Rico's body, stuff like that. The moment the Titans draft VY, it's "VY IS TAKING US BACK TO THE SUPER BOWL, BABY!" I ask him "Didn't you make fun of him all the time?" He says "No, man. After that National Title win, he changed my opinion of him. He's a winner!"

Texan_Bill
08-20-2008, 03:08 PM

A friend of mine who's a Titans fan (Oilers fan originally, still following them after they moved to Tennessee) is now all over VY's jock. I remind him of all the smack he talked about VY before the NFL Draft. Posting a comment an image using Vince's head over Uncle Rico's body, stuff like that. The moment the Titans draft VY, it's "VY IS TAKING US BACK TO THE SUPER BOWL, BABY!" I ask him "Didn't you make fun of him all the time?" He says "No, man. After that National Title win, he changed my opinion of him. He's a winner!"

Some words of advice: pick your friends better..... :tease:

Brando
08-20-2008, 03:10 PM

http://www.deadspin.com/sports/vinceyoung.gif

You can tell that is was photoshopped, Vince hit his target.

Second Honeymoon
08-20-2008, 03:16 PM
The *edit* is appreciated.

meh, im coming off as a prick. i need to back away from this thread and just go with a copy and paste mode for defending VY and his admittedly substandard play in 07 and thus far in preseason 08. Here goes:

'Vince probably needs a go-to guy at WR and the guy is still early in his development. He has lots of upside as long as injuries don't take away his elusiveness and gamebreaking ability. However, like any QB prospect, he may not amount to a hill of beans and could end up having to compete for the starting job in training camp as early as 2010 if he doesn't perform well.'

jaayteetx
08-20-2008, 03:18 PM

You can tell that is was photoshopped, Vince hit his target.

Now thats funny right there!

ReliantTexan
08-20-2008, 03:20 PM

What?? the saints didn't make it to the playoffs until their 20th season. And didn't have a winning season until their tenth year. I think the Broncos may have had a worst start as well.

Edit, I see Texan Bill has already set the record straight.

Second Honeymoon
08-20-2008, 03:20 PM
Cardinals fan says.....

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b252/Amberlybutterfly/Texans%20Signatures%20and%20pics/protestormoron.jpg

every day before I go to sleep I pray that that picture was photoshopped. alas, it looks legit to me to this day.

just shameful for cardinal nation

HOU-TEX
08-20-2008, 03:27 PM
Cardinals fan says.....

every day before I go to sleep I pray that that picture was photoshopped. alas, it looks legit to me to this day.

just shameful for cardinal nation

Maybe he's calling everyone Moran Norris'. Pfft!

BTW, VY has a neck roll.

ReliantTexan
08-20-2008, 03:29 PM

You can tell that is was photoshopped, Vince hit his target.But the release is the same. :splits:

TheRealJoker
08-20-2008, 05:42 PM
Its crazy how a racist like SH brainlessly homers for a UT guy despite the color of his skin. I didn't think he was big enough to do that...being a closet racist and all.

Blazing Arrow
08-20-2008, 05:48 PM
Its crazy how a racist like SH brainlessly homers for a UT guy despite the color of his skin. I didn't think he was big enough to do that...being a closet racist and all.

You should hear what he says about green people!

TheRealJoker
08-20-2008, 05:49 PM
You should here what he says about green people!

Its very difficult to change the small minded ignorance of a racist once its set in :(

Blazing Arrow
08-20-2008, 05:58 PM
Its very difficult to change the small minded ignorance of a racist once its set in :(

I expected something more like:

"Hulk smash!"

TheRealJoker
08-20-2008, 05:59 PM
I expected something more like:

"Hulk smash!"

That would be stooping to the intellectual level of a racist...or even a Tacks fan
:(

Blazing Arrow
08-20-2008, 06:10 PM
Hulk sad :cry2:

DiapHer
08-20-2008, 10:16 PM

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a47/DiapHer/hobiebill.jpg

Wolf
08-20-2008, 11:28 PM
Leave Vince alone ...it was destiny that brought him to the titans
as I said before

http://www.buckleshop.com/images/sfb185l.jpg

flaming logo(will not go there)..."T"(for 10 or Tequilla),and three red stars well for hiding strategic locations

http://www.blogsmithmedia.com/www.tmz.com/media/2008/05/0516_vince_young2.jpg

CloakNNNdagger
08-21-2008, 07:36 AM
If it's not bad enough that Vince Young has chosen to carry Vince Young on his back, now, from all appearances, he will be forcing the Tacks to carry Vince Young on their back this season.:winky:

Texan_Bill
08-21-2008, 08:05 AM

:spit:

Do you know how funny that is first thing in the morning??? I just shot a snot rocket out of my nose...

TheRealJoker
08-21-2008, 08:22 AM
I'm currently having a spirited debate on another forum witha VY homer who claims that the Titans DEF/ST dont have nearly as much to do with the Titans winning games than people seem to think. Here's a snippet from it:

From: TheRealJoker Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile
Posted: 1 day ago
Ignore | Quote | Edit

And the Titans had 8 regular season games where they scored 17 points or less. Going 4-4 in those games. I guess those wins had nothing to do with the superior DEF/ST?

Of those 8 games only 2 of them did they score atleast 16 points. In 6 of those games they scored 13 points or less... going 3-3 in those 6 games. I guess it was the DEF/ST fault they lost those 3 games?

Yes, he had much more of an impact on his team's W/L record than Rex Grossman for the 06 Bears...LOL
You have ignored this user.
From: shadetree Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile
Posted: 1 day ago
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up

"And the Titans had 8 regular season games where they scored 17 points or less. Going 4-4 in those games. I guess those wins had nothing to do with the superior DEF/ST?"

Jeff Fisher has always been a ball control coach. He prefers winning the time of possession, instead of lighting up the scoreboard.Thats why the Titans under his watch, have traditionally run the ball so much.

"Yes, he had much more of an impact on his team's W/L record than Rex Grossman for the 06 Bears...LOL"

Thanks for agreeing with me captain obvious.

hobie
08-21-2008, 08:44 AM

:foottap:

ChildressTitanMan
08-21-2008, 09:07 AM
:hobie:

Posted to get everyone back on subject....... Do not let SH bait you into his nonesense. It's tired, boring and weak.

These two posts following on from each other on page 93 ...........it cracked me up seeing Specnatz comment with the hotdog practicing footwook above it.:laughjump:

Specnatz
08-21-2008, 09:08 AM

haha

Texan_Bill
08-21-2008, 09:11 AM
:hobie:

These two posts following on from each other on page 93 ...........it cracked me up seeing Specnatz comment with the hotdog practicing footwook above it.:laughjump:

*ahem* thats a sausage from Vince's sausage party..... :whistle:

Texan_Bill
08-21-2008, 09:13 AM

lmfao!!!!!!

ChildressTitanMan
08-21-2008, 09:25 AM

Steve Young was written off as a bust by the Bucs before maturing into a star with the 49ers.

There's a difference between screaming hey moron,don't screw it up out there & coaching how to go through reads & progressions without panicking & throwing the ball to the wrong guys.

I remember how awesome it was when the Texans had Carr.We had endless fun with him as your QB so I can relate to how Texans fans are enjoying Young's fantastic preseason play.

What I can't relate to though is that thought knawing at the back of your minds every time you lay the smack.That little voice that says oh crap 'after all this we'd better beat them this year'.

We never heard that voice when you had Carr. It was pretty much guaranteed our smack wouldn't come back to bite us in butt.

Against Young,iffy footwork,bad throwing style,dumbed down playbook & 2nd rate WR's you'll always be on that oh crap here we go again rollercoaster.

BTW this Second Honeymoon guy is just great,I really like him a lot.:thisbig:

Wolf
08-21-2008, 09:28 AM
We never heard that voice when you had Carr. It was pretty much guaranteed our smack wouldn't come back to bite us in butt.

That was saved for jag fans only

ChildressTitanMan
08-21-2008, 09:32 AM
I'd rep you if i could Specnatz....that Hobie quote is just too funny.:spit:

Wolf
08-21-2008, 02:28 PM
Brain overload. too much potential for me to even go into detail(and that is even with out use hobie's name) :hobie:

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51lU08jZGiL._SS500_.jpg

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/1933060158/ref=nosim/findnet0f-20

Texan_Bill
08-21-2008, 02:33 PM
Brain overload. too much potential for me to even go into detail(and that is even with out use hobie's name) :hobie:

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51lU08jZGiL._SS500_.jpg

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/1933060158/ref=nosim/findnet0f-20

Ah man... Somebody put a fork through Hobie. :hobie:

Blazing Arrow
08-21-2008, 03:29 PM
Is this thread about Young or sausage?

Something to think about when comparing Young to Carr. It took Carr 55 games to achieve the number of wins Young has in 28 games.

Silver Oak
08-21-2008, 03:41 PM

Something to think about when comparing Young to Carr. It took Carr 55 games to achieve the number of wins Young has in 28 games.

as bad as DC was/is, I have to think if you dropped him into an established team like the titans had, he would have done the same or better than vy.

stupid comparison BA...surely you know more about football than that?

Señor Stan
08-21-2008, 03:41 PM

How many wins do you think Young would have achieved in two years if he would have been drafted by the Texans?

Honoring Earl 34
08-21-2008, 03:47 PM

Carr has a career QB rating 3 points higher than VY . That's like saying I can dunk on Mary Lou Retton .

Texan_Bill
08-21-2008, 03:57 PM
stupid comparison BA...surely you know more about football than that?

NO... No he doesn't and stop calling him Surely. :)

HOU-TEX
08-21-2008, 03:57 PM
Carr has a career QB rating 3 points higher than VY . That's like saying I can dunk on Mary Lou Retton .

LMAO! Very nice :spit:

Specnatz
08-21-2008, 03:58 PM

:spit:

Texans_Chick

Really? Really, do you really want to defend Young? Why don't you compare Young's win totals to Rex Grossman's?

Here's some duh football talk:

Carr played for an expansion team. Young didn't. Uh, I can't believe I had to type that.

But if you want me to, I'll do a Carr-Young comparison. Carr circa Texans years.

1. Carr and Young were both immature and have questions raised about their commitment to football, and putting football first.
2. They are the faces of their franchise.
3. They both have unorthodox throwing motions.
4. They both got their offensive coordinators fired.
5. They have crappy stats.
6. They divide their fanbases.
7. They are known for their questionable style choices (Carr-mittens, hair//Young-awful tattoos, shirtless tequilla swigging at sausage parties).
8. They cause fans to blame other parts of the team.
9. Their coaches have to keep defending them.
10. Their owners believe in them, almost to a fault.
11. The playbook has to be adjusted to deal with their problems as a QB, especially their problems reading defenses.

Ta da! My list goes to 11.

HOU-TEX
NO... No he doesn't and stop calling him Surely. :)

Well, he is from California. I reckon he like being called Shirley. :cool:

Texan_Bill
08-21-2008, 04:00 PM

Given VY's partiality for sausage, they kind of go hand in hand.... (no pun intended)....

Texan_Bill
08-21-2008, 04:02 PM
Well, he is from California. I reckon he like being called Shirley. :cool:

True dat!! :cowboy1:

hobie
08-21-2008, 04:06 PM
Given VY's partiality for sausage, they kind of go hand in hand.... (no pun intended)....

LOL, I'd rep ya for that, but as you said, you gotta spread !!!

HJam72
08-21-2008, 04:11 PM
Really? Really, do you really want to defend Young? Why don't you compare Young's win totals to Rex Grossman's?

Here's some duh football talk:

Carr played for an expansion team. Young didn't. Uh, I can't believe I had to type that.

But if you want me to, I'll do a Carr-Young comparison. Carr circa Texans years.

1. Carr and Young were both immature and have questions raised about their commitment to football, and putting football first.
2. They are the faces of their franchise.
3. They both have unorthodox throwing motions.
4. They both got their offensive coordinators fired.
5. They have crappy stats.
6. They divide their fanbases.
7. They are known for their questionable style choices (Carr-mittens, hair//Young-awful tattoos, shirtless tequilla swigging at sausage parties).
8. They cause fans to blame other parts of the team.
9. Their coaches have to keep defending them.
10. Their owners believe in them, almost to a fault.
11. The playbook has to be adjusted to deal with their problems as a QB, especially their problems reading defenses.

Ta da! My list goes to 11.

Yeah, but it took Carr about 4 years to do that, and other parts of Carr's team did suck at one time. The Bosselli problem caused most of that. We didn't have a LT that worked out until Salaam gave us his twilight years. This isn't about defending Carr, though; its about how bad Young really is.

Double Barrel
08-21-2008, 04:39 PM

Because Young did it all by his lonesome, right? Your point is nothing to think about because it's stupid.

If the only defense you have of your goldenboy is dragging out HWSNBN, you've already lost the argument.

BattleRedRaider
08-21-2008, 05:14 PM

Whoop-de-freaking-doo! Now that Carr is no longer a factor, VY can easily make his way to the Hall of Fame!

Blazing Arrow
08-21-2008, 05:15 PM
Because Young did it all by his lonesome, right? Your point is nothing to think about because it's stupid.

If the only defense you have of your goldenboy is dragging out HWSNBN, you've already lost the argument.

I am not the one comparing Carr and Young. I think Carr was more on the lines of Couch. If you look through this thread TEXAN fans are the one making the comparison.

or maybe I was just trying to :stirpot: :thinking:

Texan_Bill
08-21-2008, 05:22 PM
I am not the one comparing Carr and Young. I think Carr was more on the lines of Couch. If you look through this thread TEXAN fans are the one making the comparison.

or maybe I was just trying to :stirpot: :thinking:

You're always trying to :stirpot:

Anyway, lets see if the comparisons between Carr and Young hold water:
1. Inaccurate: Young check - Carr Check
2. Inability to read defenses: Young check - Carr Check
3. Throw like Uncle Rico: Young check - Carr Check
4. Both overhyped based on their collegiate careers when neither had proved a damn thing in the pros: Young check - Carr Check

Thats a good start....

Blazing Arrow
08-21-2008, 06:00 PM
You're always trying to :stirpot:

Anyway, lets see if the comparisons between Carr and Young hold water:
1. Inaccurate: Young check - Carr Check
2. Inability to read defenses: Young check - Carr Check
3. Throw like Uncle Rico: Young check - Carr Check
4. Both overhyped based on their collegiate careers when neither had proved a damn thing in the pros: Young check - Carr Check

Thats a good start....

Young - ROY.
Young - Greatest come back in NFL history by a rookie QB.
Young - Most rushing yards by a rookie QB in NFL history.
Young - Only two season in. At this point Texan fans were swinging on Carr's nuts like Vince Young at a club on Polk in SF.

Wolf
08-21-2008, 06:08 PM
Jack Eliot: I'm a World Series MVP!
Skip: That was four years ago, Jack. Last season, you hit .235.
Jack Eliot: LAST SEASON, I led this team in ninth-inning doubles in the month of August!

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0104926/quotes

BA you forgot he was in the probowl too

Texan_Bill
08-21-2008, 06:09 PM
Young - Popularity contest based on hype.
Young - Sun shines on a dogs ass some days.
Young - He's no Randall Cunningham
Young - Some Tinbred fans turning on Young like Texan fans turned on Carr due to suckiness

I corrected your post for accuracy.

Wolf
08-21-2008, 06:13 PM
Colston-pre injury - ROY.
Young - Greatest come back in NFL history by a rookie RB.
Young - Most rushing yards by a rookie QB in NFL history.(I was going to change it to RB,because I am confused on what a QB is supposed to do? Run or Pass? I always thought pass unless the wishbone made it back to the NFL and if so.. where has Tommy Frazier been?
Young - Only two season in. At this point Titan fans are swinging on Vince's nuts like Vince Young at a club in austin.

fixed it for you

Overalls
08-21-2008, 06:13 PM
swinging on nuts like Vince Young at a club on Polk in SF.

Atleast you now admit that Young swings with the guys in your area.

Brando
08-21-2008, 06:16 PM
Young - ROY.
Young - Greatest come back in NFL history by a rookie QB.Young - Most rushing yards by a rookie QB in NFL history.
Young - Only two season in. At this point Texan fans were swinging on Carr's nuts like Vince Young at a club on Polk in SF.

If Usi Umenyiora didn't tell Mathias Kiwanuka that he likes to poop on hookers on the sideline, he would have actually sacked Young and that comeback would have never happened. Again, PacMan Jones had a lot to do with that comeback also.

Wolf
08-22-2008, 11:58 AM
whoever said divide fan base.....

http://forums.titansonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=37864

http://forums.titansonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=33311&page=2

mcnair #9 was visiting
http://forums.titansonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=38011

lol
Originally Posted by brianmaxwell View Post
Steve is a great guy. I always found it funny that he never pluralized any words when he speaks.

Lucky
08-22-2008, 04:07 PM
Guys, I'm here to talk about basketball!

And hockey!
Let's talk some Olympics! And I think everyone is this forum agrees that Vince Young has what it takes to win the gold....

http://soupytrumpet.com/uploads/2008/05/vince_young_topless.jpg

...when topless synchronized sausage dancing becomes an Olympic event.

BattleRedRaider
08-22-2008, 04:56 PM
Let's talk some Olympics! And I think everyone is this forum agrees that Vince Young has what it takes to win the gold....

http://soupytrumpet.com/uploads/2008/05/vince_young_topless.jpg

...when topless synchronized sausage dancing becomes an Olympic event.

Reminds me of a scene from the movie "Blast From the Past" where Adam is trying to pick up women.

*Vince walks up to shirtless guy*

Vince: I was wondering if you could help me? I, um ...
[shirtless guy looks at him with definite disdain]
Vince: ... seem to have lost my Gold medal around here... somewhere.

Wolf
08-22-2008, 10:24 PM
9/18 102 yards, 0 tds,1 sack, 1 INT
against the falcons .. some are worried

http://forums.titansonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=38052

Blazing Arrow
08-22-2008, 10:29 PM
TOMB is Vince Young :hobie:

Wolf
08-22-2008, 10:42 PM
Nashville may never match Texas affection for Young

August 21, 2008 7:00 AM

Posted by ESPN.com's Paul Kuharsky
Young
Young

Is Vince Young going to be a good or great NFL quarterback?

It's too early to say. While he's shown himself to be a winner, he struggled last year and has been inconsistent in training camp and the preseason.

Which has produced some criticism.

Which he has not handled well.

Some of us who've been around him in Nashville struggle to understand that.

Then we get a contextual reminder like this one from the Houston Chronicle's Richard Justice, which I missed until today.

You sense you are in the presence of greatness the moment he enters a room. Adults and children are in awe. Teammates love him, opponents respect him. There will never be another one like him.

Vince Young did things on a football field that made grown men cry. He brought happiness to millions, made their boring lives worth living. He wore orange, but Tech fans, Aggie fans, UH fans, all fans rooted for him as if he was their own. Such was his greatness.

Maybe someday he will, but so far Young's not doing the sort of things as a Titan that warrant such love letters. And when he's still getting them back in Texas for what he did as a Longhorn, it's got to make it that much harder for him to be critiqued on what he's doing now and to understand why.

He's a work in progress. He's got a 17-12 record as an NFL starter. He's got a playoff appearance on his resume. He's got a new offensive coordinator who's going to be a big help. He's got a pretty good team around him.

And he's got a level of affection in Austin and Texas that Nashville and Tennessee may simply never be able to match.

http://myespn.go.com/blogs/afcsouth/0-3-120/Nashville-may-never-match-Texas-affection-for-Young.html

thread about it
http://forums.titansonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=38024

Overalls
08-23-2008, 02:14 PM
I am beginning to feel sorry for Vince. Here he is a sure fire first ballot Hall of Famer and as per ICOU fans, he has no RB, no WR, no O-line, and no coaches that know how to use him correctly. The poor guy. No wonder he felt the need to go back to school for that basket weaving class and to hang with his "boys".

ChampionTexan
08-23-2008, 03:58 PM
:hobie: :hobie: :hobie:

http://www.vinceyoungfoods.com/

:hobie: :hobie: :hobie:

brakos82
08-23-2008, 04:13 PM
Jeez, this thing's a whole page off... what happened here? :thinking:

Silver Oak
08-23-2008, 04:22 PM
Jeez, this thing's a whole page off... what happened here? :thinking:

maybe the site is already anticipating a post from BA.

brakos82
08-23-2008, 04:24 PM
I think VY got it on with page 69 and it grew about 8 or 9 posts...

J-Russ
08-24-2008, 12:30 AM
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y27/CharlieJ1/sad.jpg

And the Titans fanbase is now starting to turn on VY.

http://forums.titansonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=38073&page=2

Is it safe to say this will be another Carr/Smith situation by next pre-season?

Blazing Arrow
08-25-2008, 04:56 PM
Random comment supporting VY ... :kingkong:

Brando
08-25-2008, 05:00 PM
I'm happy the thread title is more realistic now.:wild::splits:

Hervoyel
08-25-2008, 05:09 PM

Meaningless comparison because of the nature of expansion teams.

Texan_Bill
08-25-2008, 05:13 PM
random comment supporting vy ... :kingkong:

>>>>>>>>>>cancelled out<<<<<<<<<<<<

b0ng
08-25-2008, 05:55 PM
Random comment supporting VY ... :kingkong:

Question about Vince Young's sexuality

Blazing Arrow
08-25-2008, 06:25 PM
Question about Vince Young's sexuality

I could careless if he has a goat as a lover as long as he KEEPS winning us games.

Blazing Arrow
08-25-2008, 06:28 PM
Meaningless comparison because of the nature of expansion teams.

:deadhorse

b0ng
08-25-2008, 06:29 PM
I could careless if he has a goat as a lover as long as he KEEPS winning us games.

Then you should probably spend more time hyping up Albert Haynesworth than Vince Young.

Specnatz
08-25-2008, 06:32 PM

He is not winning games, he is on a team where the defense is winning the games. But hey please do not let facts get in the way of a completely bad argument.

Blazing Arrow
08-25-2008, 08:15 PM
He is not winning games, he is on a team where the defense is winning the games. But hey please do not let facts get in the way of a completely bad argument.

Where in that did you state a fact or back one up?

Blazing Arrow
08-25-2008, 08:16 PM
Then you should probably spend more time hyping up Albert Haynesworth than Vince Young.

Haynesworth is one man ... this is a team sport! :smiliedance:

Second Honeymoon
08-25-2008, 08:21 PM
Where in that did you state a fact or back one up?

facts like wins and losses aren't worth anything. didn't you get the memo?
its all about stats and passhappy offenses nowadays. God forbid craft an offensive scheme that highlights your team strengths AND wins football games. Fisher is such a horrible coach, he must not know what he is doing. I am sure Titans fans must be so angry at winning footballs by running the ball and playing good defense. What a horrible fly-by-night recipe for success. Fisher and Young r teh suxxorz :>

/sarcasm off

WesmanTexanfan
08-25-2008, 08:37 PM
hey Blazing! how do the Oilers look this year so far? Is vince doing Houston proud in pre season? still fighting the good fight i see......

Im just havin fun, its good to see you still hangin around... :)

CloakNNNdagger
08-25-2008, 08:39 PM
A loser team cannot be brought to victory by a single winner player...........but even a winner team can be brought to their knees by a single loser player. So you can only imagine if a so-so team gets stuck with a single loser...............We experienced that in the past...............now I guess we've passed the batton...............enjoy the experience.:texflag:

CloakNNNdagger
08-25-2008, 08:42 PM

I knew a goat once...........he stunk too!:)

Second Honeymoon
08-25-2008, 08:43 PM
A loser team cannot be brought to victory by a single winner player...........but even a winner team can be brought to their knees by a single loser player. So you can only imagine if a so-so team gets stuck with a single loser...............We experienced that in the past...............now I guess we've passed the batton...............enjoy the experience.:texflag:

but the Titans have already won with him in his first 2 years in the league..so don't see the relation. To compare Carr to Young is just a disservice to your argument. It just reeks of sour grapes. I am all for hating the Titans but get real. Carr was/is pathetic.

Blazing Arrow
08-25-2008, 09:04 PM
hey Blazing! how do the Oilers look this year so far? Is vince doing Houston proud in pre season? still fighting the good fight i see......

Im just havin fun, its good to see you still hangin around... :)

That is Oilers North to you ...

Specnatz
08-25-2008, 09:14 PM
its all about stats and passhappy offenses nowadays. God forbid craft an offensive scheme that highlights your team strengths AND wins football games. Fisher is such a horrible coach, he must not know what he is doing. I am sure Titans fans must be so angry at winning footballs by running the ball and playing good defense. What a horrible fly-by-night recipe for success. Fisher and Young r teh suxxorz :>

/sarcasm off

So the Titans scheme is crafted around vy throwing all those Ints? That is oner hell of a game plan.

Second Honeymoon
08-25-2008, 09:20 PM
So the Titans scheme is crafted around vy throwing all those Ints? That is oner hell of a game plan.

hey stat boy, its about winning football games. maybe one day you'll realize that....

Specnatz
08-25-2008, 09:22 PM
hey stat boy, its about winning football games. maybe one day you'll realize that....
....until then keep going on about everything other than wins and losses....

Then Trent Dilfer is a great great QB and Marino sucked.

Second Honeymoon
08-25-2008, 09:30 PM
Then Trent Dilfer is a great great QB and Marino sucked.

yeah, spec. you totally get it. great job. why even bother responding to such brilliance?

after all, everyone konws Marino never won any football games and was a total loser because he never won a Super Bowl like Dilfer did. Just a failure and an albatross that the Dolphins had to carry around for decades. I am sure they were really happy the day he left town. After all, Marino was not a winning QB according to you solely because he didn't win a Super Bowl. You may need to eat your Wheaties.

*rolls eyes*

Honoring Earl 34
08-25-2008, 09:31 PM

Yep ... it keeps their defense on the field .

WesmanTexanfan
08-25-2008, 09:34 PM
The Northern Oilers would have beaten San Diego had kerry Collins played. Straight Up.

Brando
08-25-2008, 09:39 PM
If Trent Dilfer can win a Super Bowl and Rex Grossman can take his team to one, I guess the Titans have a chance with Vince after all. Vince sucks as a QB just like Trent and Rex but at least he can run. To say Vince wins the games is completely ridiculous. The Vince groupies are much like the Carr groupies, it's almost the same argument.

TEXANRED
08-25-2008, 09:42 PM

/sarcasm off

Vince Young just called, he wants his jock back.

Blazing Arrow
08-25-2008, 10:47 PM
Vince Young just called, he wants his jock back.

Houston just called they want a winning season ....:user:

WesmanTexanfan
08-25-2008, 10:52 PM

from which team? we have 2, be more specific.....

Wolf
08-25-2008, 11:01 PM
I love the spin on everything .. I have been on both ends of the debate. I like Vince.(for the record)

but I seen it all

I think the names Carr and Vince can be interchanged

I was going to post stats of the two QBs.. and in 2007 stats of vince's and 2005 stats of Carr .(based on Carr's best rushing year) ..I will just say try looking it up and if a QB was the focal point.... wow... you would never know that one QB 's team was 10-6 and the other was 2-14 ..

rushing wise vince out did Carr by about 90 yards(about .7 yards per rush).. vince threw for about 200 yard more(percentagewise was like 65 percent to 61 percent) . Carr had about 3 int less and threw for about 6 or 7 more tds(in a nutshell)

Blazing Arrow
08-25-2008, 11:05 PM
from which team? we have 2, be more specific.....

You may have missed the memo but they are the same team :shades:

Specnatz
08-25-2008, 11:45 PM

All the WR and TE for ICOU just called and asked if vy could throw anything besides a screen that did not look like a wounded duck to the opposing team.

Señor Stan
08-25-2008, 11:46 PM
its all about stats and passhappy offenses nowadays. God forbid craft an offensive scheme that highlights your team strengths AND wins football games. Fisher is such a horrible coach, he must not know what he is doing. I am sure Titans fans must be so angry at winning footballs by running the ball and playing good defense. What a horrible fly-by-night recipe for success. Fisher and Young r teh suxxorz :> /sarcasm off

Why did Norm Chow get fired?

And oh, by the way, about wins and losses.....

Jeriome Robertson won 15 games for the Astros one year.

//

ReliantTexan
08-26-2008, 12:07 AM
Haynesworth is one man ... this is a team sport! :smiliedance:
Well there goes your, "Vince just wins games" theory.:cowboy1:

Blazing Arrow
08-26-2008, 12:16 AM
You do realize the baseball season is 162 games right?

Blazing Arrow
08-26-2008, 12:17 AM
Well there goes your, "Vince just wins games" theory.:cowboy1:

you're a quick one ...

Señor Stan
08-26-2008, 12:27 AM
you're a quick one ...

That's what she said! [/MichaelScott]

ReliantTexan
08-26-2008, 01:09 AM
you're a quick one ...:splits:

BattleRedToro
08-26-2008, 06:20 AM
I think that many will agree that they don't really dislike Vince Young.

In reality it is his ridiculous fanboys that they dislike.

Texan_Bill
08-26-2008, 07:28 AM

Spec does realize that...

It's also about Defense and Special Teams. Haynesworth, (irrespective of the punk-a$$ beyotch that he is) is a damn good player on a damn good defense. LenWhale White, while not necessarily a threat to go the disatnce, does exactly what Fisher expects from him... Bironas has got to be considered one of the best kickers in the league. Thats how the Titans have managed to keep winning in spite of sausage boy........... not because of him.

But keep drinking that kool-aid if you must.

Texan_Bill
08-26-2008, 07:30 AM

Bud Adams just called... He wants more than one unsuccessful Super Bowl appearance in 38 years....

So sad that it won't happen in the rest of his lifetime... :rolleyes:

Texan_Bill
08-26-2008, 07:31 AM
All the WR and TE for ICOU just called and asked if vy could throw anything besides a screen that did not look like a wounded duck to the opposing team.

The answer came back... it was a resounding NO!!!

Texan_Bill
08-26-2008, 07:32 AM
Why did Norm Chow get fired?

And oh, by the way, about wins and losses.....

Jeriome Robertson won 15 games for the Astros one year.

//

Rep. if I could for the Jeriome Robertson reference.... :thisbig:

HOU-TEX
08-26-2008, 09:58 AM

It's also about Defense and Special Teams. Haynesworth, (irrespective of the punk-a$$ beyotch that he is) is a damn good player on a damn good defense. LenWhale White, while not necessarily a threat to go the disatnce, does exactly what Fisher expects from him... Bironas has got to be considered one of the best kickers in the league. Thats how the Titans have managed to keep winning in spite of sausage boy........... not because of him.

*ahem* You sure it's kool-aid? Eeww...

Texan_Bill
08-26-2008, 10:02 AM
*ahem* You sure it's kool-aid? Eeww...

That's just nasty....

HOU-TEX
08-26-2008, 10:07 AM
That's just nasty....

Well, some of these posts in this thread makes ya wonder.

BTW, this is a ghey thread. Might as well merge it with the Hand Model's thread. :gun:

Second Honeymoon
08-26-2008, 11:33 AM

i respectfully disagree TB. he doesn't realize it. he is more caught up in stat mongering and sausage jokes. this is the same guy that homered for Carr and made excuse after freaking excuse and pointed to lame stats like completion % and garbage like that. he is a stat boy. credibility = zero.

call me a fanboy or whatever and I get that he plays for our rival, but Spec needs to get a life and find something to do with his life other than throwing darts at VY's picture on a dartboard. I have said on numerous occasions that Vince isn't exactly lighting the NFL on fire, but people act like some of us think he is Jesus in cleats or that he is an elite QB. Nothing could be further from the truth, but what I am pointing out is that the team is successful and that is all that matters. all this 'in spite of Vince' BS is just that BS. He plays the most important position on the field and they are winning. YOu would think someone that watched Carr fail for over 5 season in Houston would realize just how detrimental having a truly crappy QB on your team can be to team goals and most importantly Wins and Losses.

Spec can pork his Carr blow up doll for all I care. The guy has no credibility or objectivity. He is just bitter because our team still pretty much sucks and the Titans have had success since Vince was drafted. I wish it wasn't the case, but it is. Why don't we have an actual decent season before we start trashing everyone else's squad? Stay classy.

Texan_Bill
08-26-2008, 11:51 AM
Spec can pork his Carr blow up doll for all I care. The guy has no credibility or objectivity. He is just bitter because our team still pretty much sucks and the Titans have had success since Vince was drafted. I wish it wasn't the case, but it is. Why don't we have an actual decent season before we start trashing everyone else's squad? Stay classy.

First, Spec has his own sausage issues.... :specnatz:

Second, you are a fanboy and that's fine, there are other blind folks too, but you have at least admitted he isn't lighting it on fire. BUT, what you seem to have a hard time admitting is the possibility that the Titans may be an even better team without vy..

I have been fairly complimentary of the Titans team over the last few season, but a) that doesn't mean I like them b) doesn't mean I won't talk 'smack' in the forum dedicated to 'smack' about them and especially about vy...

Ultimately, I will hold ill will for those that lambasted the Texans for not drafting vy, the same way I hold that grudge against people that said the same thing about Reggie Bust.... It was embarrassing at Reliant Stadium with all of those vy fans there. I didn't buy the excuse "I'm a Texan fan, but I wanted to wear my VY Longhorn jersey....." Weak!! If they were truly Texans fans, then show up in Texans gear. PERIOD!! :voodoo: The next UT game, wear your TU gear... It really is just that simple... I'm pretty sure I didn't break out an A&M jersey Sam Adams jersey whenever the Texans played Buffalo or Denver. I know I didn't break out my Westbury High School Michael Strahan jersey when the Texans played the Giants....

Double Barrel
08-26-2008, 12:07 PM
The Tits have had one .500 season and one winning season with VY. So let's put it to rest that all he does is win. Last I checked a .500 season indicates that only half a season's games were won.

And this myth that the Tits win with VY in spite of the rest of the team is hogwash. They win in spite of VY. He's had some decent games, and he's been a part of some of their wins. But, the reality not reflected in fanboys' perspectives is that they have a solid defense, a great running game, and good special teams. Teams have won championships with average QBs but had good D/ST/running games.

It doesn't take blinders, homer glasses, hatred, or fanboyism to take a step back and look at the bigger picture. VY is a mediocre QB on a good team. Just because they won more than they lost last year doesn't mean that VY should get all the credit and glory. That does a disservice to the team itself. With a better QB, they probably could have won that playoff game.

To act like stats mean nothing when a QB throws more INTs than TDs is glaring in it's biased presentation. It is not the be all/end all for the discussion, but to dismiss it because his team wins is quite revealing of an agenda to prop him at all cost.

Brando
08-26-2008, 12:22 PM
Here's another rivals take on Vince Young......

Vince Young has sucked as an NFL QB the first two years of his pro career. There's no denying that, and any attempt to sugar coat his crappy play is nothing more than Kool-Aid drinking.:shades: We've talked about ole Vince many times here at Stampede Blue, mainly because we enjoy being right. All the things we said about Vince (he's lazy, he can't throw from the pocket, he's dumb, he has character issues, and he whines like a sissy Mary when he doesn't get his way) were all true. Some NFL scouts pointed out these very flaws before he was drafted, but no one listened. The Titans won 10 games in 2007 in spite of his horrid play, with one of those games a mailed-in job by the Colts in Week 17 because they had locked up their playoff seeding. The Titans were then hosed by San Diego in the playoffs the next week.

And, of course, Vince played terrible in that playoff game.

Laziness at the QB position has been a hallmark of the Titans for many years. But this year, we might actually see something different from Captain Patron. We might actually see him... gasp!... read a defense! Maybe even... OMFG!... throw a pass accurately from the pocket! Why do we suspect this? Pete Prisco offers his insights from Titans camp:

In his two seasons in the league as the Tennessee Titans quarterback, [Vince Young] has been much more media-made creation than the star he's perceived to be. His magical athletic ability made fans and media members alike drool about his improvisational skills, forgetting his inability to scan the field and make all the reads -- the true job of a quarterback.

Yes, yes, yes. We know that Pete. Vince sucks and was an over-hyped, ESPN chump who couldn't play the QB position at the pro level, despite morons like Tom Jackson and Tony Kornheiser vomiting on us all the time that he was a "winner." Tell us something we don't know.

So I came here to Nashville to see the Titans work with the St. Louis Rams for two days, wondering what Young would do. I came with the same feelings I've had about him: Until he shows he can play like a conventional quarterback he's never going to get to an elite level, despite the slobber of other media members on his shoes.
I left drooling, too -- but not for the same reasons.

Young put on a passing display in the two practices I saw against the Rams that made him look like a different player. In the morning workout, he completed 22 of 26 passes and then followed that up by hitting nine in a row in the afternoon workout.
What?

Really?

Vince is... throwing accurately?

Did I step into some weird, Twilight Zone-like universe after I got back from lunch at the burrito stand? Is this Bizarro World? Is up down? Is black white? Is the dollar stronger than the Euro? What's going on? How can this be?

This camp has been different. Although he got off to a slow start, the practices against the Rams seemed to bring out the best in him.
"He's had his best camp by far," Fisher said. "The focus and the concentration is all there. It's about knowing where to go with the football."

Young is spending more time in the film room, doing more work on the mental side of things.
Wow. Dare I say it folks? The Titans may actually have a real quarterback in 2008.

Look, I personally never doubted Vince Young's talent. The guy is amazing, physically. But professional football is not college football. You actually have to know what you're going here with the big boys. Matching wits against Pete Carroll (a known ***** chased out of the NFL because he sucks) is not the same thing as matching wits with Tony Dungy. Hard work and dedication are vital to success in the pros. It now seems that Vince Young might have figured that out. It only took 3 years.

I actually think this is a good thing, folks. Please understand, I respect Vince Young's talent, but I'm not scared of the Titans. If the Colts can smack around Tom Brady on a consistent basis, an improved Vince Young does not intimidate me. Does it make beating the Titans harder? Yes, but there are no freebies in the NFL. The one thing we all stated Vince had to learn to do (throw accurately from the pocket) is exactly the thing the Titans are making him work on. So, all this crap we got from Titans and blindly loyal Longhorns fans about how the Titans need to let "Vince be Vince" was just typical, ignorant bile from people who don't know or understand football.:spit: Heck, I still get crap from Titans fans for simply stating the truth (check out these comments).

Prisco ends his column with a statement that reflects what we have trumpeted for two years:

It was the type of throw that great passers make. Young has always had the arm; nobody doubted that. It appears the work in the film room is what's about to pay off.

That could put a damper on some of the highlight-show stuff, which might anger those Vince Young worshipers who love it. But the reality is if he throws the ball anywhere near the way he threw it that day against the Rams, he will be on his way to possibly joining the elite of the league.
Maybe Vince has turned a corner. We'll see. Somehow, I doubt Titans fans will say "BBS was right" if Vince indeed becomes a good pocket passer.

Link (http://www.stampedeblue.com/2008/8/12/592304/could-we-possibly-see-vinc)

Good reading.:pirate:

Specnatz
08-26-2008, 12:43 PM
i respectfully disagree TB. he doesn't realize it. he is more caught up in stat mongering and sausage jokes. this is the same guy that homered for Carr and made excuse after freaking excuse and pointed to lame stats like completion % and garbage like that. he is a stat boy. credibility = zero.

call me a fanboy or whatever and I get that he plays for our rival, but Spec needs to get a life and find something to do with his life other than throwing darts at VY's picture on a dartboard. I have said on numerous occasions that Vince isn't exactly lighting the NFL on fire, but people act like some of us think he is Jesus in cleats or that he is an elite QB. Nothing could be further from the truth, but what I am pointing out is that the team is successful and that is all that matters. all this 'in spite of Vince' BS is just that BS. He plays the most important position on the field and they are winning. You would think someone that watched Carr fail for over 5 season in Houston would realize just how detrimental having a truly crappy QB on your team can be to team goals and most importantly Wins and Losses.

A) Check my join date ... I have only said regarding YKW that you take things to a personal level. I can bet $100 to a donut that everyone on here will agree with that. You have said a lot of things extremely personal with YKW that does not even concern football or how he sucked at reading a defense. That is the only thing I have ever argued with you on as referring to YKW. So once again you go the personal attacks (As always) You are trying to change the subject and again it will not work. Since you have turned this around as usual and made it about a poster versus the subject at hand, I will smack talk you to oblivion.

B) Objectivity and you in the same sentence when it comes to your jock sniffing, vy nut hugging ways is a joke. Your shirtless dancing with guys QB sucks. He could not throw an accurate pass to save his ass or that lame ass block lettering tattoo on his back.

C) I need to get a life and stop throwing darts at a vy pic, haha. You turn more threads into a Carr thread than anyone that has ever posted on this board or any other Texans board. Your obsessed with him and how you think he played and your trying ot break your arm cause you said he sucked after his second year. Yet you criticize anyone who says the same thing about your precious shirtless dancing with guys crappy qb. That is hilarious. This is comedy you can't right in hollyweird.

If you have a crappy QB (9td 17int) but a great D and a great special teams you can over come a lot of mistakes the QB makes. Like I pointed out, Baltimore won with Trent Dilfer at QB are you saying he led that team to the Super Bowl and was the main reason they won it? No you will not because he went to the same college as YKW and not the almighty great Tsip U.

Yes it is not all about stats it is about overall play.

Completion percentage:
YKW <> great .. vy <> OK

Downfield passing:
YKW <> sucks ... vy <> worse than sucks

Defense Reading:
YKW <> Gold medal suckage
vy <> silver medal suckage (might be gold medal worthy but since he runs so much hard to tell)

Playmaking:
YKW <> running out of bounds causing a sack
vy <> he can run .. opps could run bad hammy with a hole in it.

Same damn player different colleges and different teams.

Let me requote you so you understand that is exactly what I am doing.

You would think someone that watched Carr fail for over 5 season in Houston would realize just how detrimental having a truly crappy QB on your team can be to team goals and most importantly Wins and Losses.

Blazing Arrow
08-26-2008, 02:37 PM
The Tits have had one .500 season and one winning season with VY. So let's put it to rest that all he does is win. Last I checked a .500 season indicates that only half a season's games were won.

Something the Texans have done once after they were handed a game by Jacksonville.

And this myth that the Tits win with VY in spite of the rest of the team is hogwash. They win in spite of VY. He's had some decent games, and he's been a part of some of their wins. But, the reality not reflected in fanboys' perspectives is that they have a solid defense, a great running game, and good special teams. Teams have won championships with average QBs but had good D/ST/running games.

Young does not lose games for the Titans and every once and a while he pulls a rabbit out of his arse and wins us a couple.

It doesn't take blinders, homer glasses, hatred, or fanboyism to take a step back and look at the bigger picture. VY is a mediocre QB on a good team. Just because they won more than they lost last year doesn't mean that VY should get all the credit and glory. That does a disservice to the team itself. With a better QB, they probably could have won that playoff game.

It's great how people have to prop the Titans and show them respect even though they hate them in order to bash Young. Tell me about the defense again. :heart:

To act like stats mean nothing when a QB throws more INTs than TDs is glaring in it's biased presentation. It is not the be all/end all for the discussion, but to dismiss it because his team wins is quite revealing of an agenda to prop him at all cost.

At least a handful of his INTs were meaningless end of half or bad calls. Those stats do mean nothing. Same as running up a score like the Pats did last season. At the end of the season the most important TD went to Buress in the back of the endzone.

Texan_Bill
08-26-2008, 02:44 PM
Something the Texans have done once after they were handed a game by Jacksonville.

And how was that again??

Blazing Arrow
08-26-2008, 02:49 PM
And how was that again??

Ummm no Gerard, no MJD, no FT. Yeah they put their best team out to win that game :rolleyes: At least Manning played the first quarter plus. Wayne played almost the entire game. They handed you the last game of the season which was the only way you finish .500. Face it if last years Jags field all of their players they stomp the Texans into hamburger.

Texan_Bill
08-26-2008, 02:58 PM
Ummm no Gerard, no MJD, no FT. Yeah they put their best team out to win that game :rolleyes: At least Manning played the first quarter plus. Wayne played almost the entire game. They handed you the last game of the season which was the only way you finish .500. Face it if last years Jags field all of their players they stop the Texans into hamburger.

C'mon Arrow, I thought you were better than that.. :rolleyes:

Ummm... no Schaub and 17 on IR to include but not limited to: Dunta Robinson (CB), Steve McKinney (Starting Center / Guard), etc... We used a running back that had been cut before the season started and was 6th on the depth chart during preseason...

You know the old saying...... "Excuses are like the orphices that Tinbred fan has their heads up........"

BattleRedRaider
08-26-2008, 02:59 PM
Ummm no Gerard, no MJD, no FT. Yeah they put their best team out to win that game :rolleyes: At least Manning played the first quarter plus. Wayne played almost the entire game.

A quarter and a half of another quarter is not exactly "the entire game".

Texan_Bill
08-26-2008, 03:00 PM

I'm no mathematical wizard, but wouldn't that be 3/8's.... :kingkong:

BattleRedRaider
08-26-2008, 03:01 PM
I'm no mathematical wizard, but wouldn't that be 3/8's.... :kingkong:

You are correct.

And 3/8 = almost 8/8.

Specnatz
08-26-2008, 03:02 PM

Ummm... no Schaub and 17 on IR to include but not limited to: Dunta Robinson (CB), Steve McKinney (Starting Center / Guard), etc... We used a running back that had been cut before the season started and was 6th on the depth chart during preseason...

You know the old saying...... "Excuses are like the orphices that Tinbred fan has their heads up........"

That is all ICOU know how to do, that and vy jock lovers.

Texan_Bill
08-26-2008, 03:05 PM
And 3/8 = almost 8/8.

See, that's why I am no wizard. Somehow I thought 3/8 < 1/2 of 8/8... But that's me and I never claimed to be Mensa.

Texan_Bill
08-26-2008, 03:07 PM
That is all ICOU know how to do, that and vy jock lovers.

"Hey Titan fan, you may want to see a Doctor about that Cranial-Rectal Inversion problem....."

Blazing Arrow
08-26-2008, 03:15 PM

You seem to be throwing out the excuses. As it stands those players did not start but could have. Injured cows is an excuse. They could not play. See the difference can play but did not vs. could not play because of injury. The game was handed to you.

Blazing Arrow
08-26-2008, 03:17 PM

He had 12 rec. I am pretty sure he was in when Sorgi was attempting to pass but can not be 100%.

Texan_Bill
08-26-2008, 03:22 PM
You seem to be throwing out the excuses. As it stands those players did not start but could have. Injured cows is an excuse. They could not play. See the difference can play but did not vs. could not play because of injury. The game was handed to you.

Tit for tat was the point..... Either way, they had starters out and the Texans had starters out. I know it pains you to see the Texans on the rise because you fear what is coming. In the words of Clayton Williams: "If it's inevitable, just relax and enjoy it" :chickendance:

BattleRedRaider
08-26-2008, 03:25 PM
He had 12 rec. I am pretty sure he was in when Sorgi was attempting to pass but can not be 100%.

Pro Bowl receiver Reggie Wayne needed eight catches to become the second player in franchise history with 100 receptions in a season. It took two series to reach that mark. And Wayne left on the third series after netting the 71 yards receiving he needed to pass Randy Moss for the league title.

Manning was 14-of-16 for 95 yards. Wayne caught 12 passes for 87 yards, giving him 104 receptions and a league-high 1,510 yards this season. Dungy hugged Wayne when he finally left the field.

"Reggie's just going to be featured in this offense," Manning said. "It wasn't necessarily anything intentional. With[Anthony] Gonzalez out and Marvin [Harrison] still not playing, Devin [Aromashodu] making his first start, obviously you're going to look to Reggie Wayne. It's just kind of the way it worked out."

So why would they leave Wayne in there?

Specnatz
08-26-2008, 03:25 PM

You mean the backup QB for the Colts and not the starting QB Peyton Manning? You mean the Colts played some backups?

:smiliedance:

Texan_Bill
08-26-2008, 03:29 PM

YUP... Sorgi completed two passes to Wayne and that was sometime halfway through the second quarter... and that was it. Manning completed 10 of those 12 to Wayne....

Blazing Arrow
08-26-2008, 03:29 PM
You mean the backup QB for the Colts and not the starting QB Peyton Manning? You mean the Colts played some backups?

:smiliedance:

First off I would like to thank all of those people who made it possible for me to reach my goal of 100 pages before the start of regular season. It has been a tough road but the little extra effort really made it possible. I would also like to thank Young for hitting up a shirtless club. Without that little gem I do not think this would have been possible.

:trophy:

ChampionTexan
08-26-2008, 03:31 PM

Hey, in all fairness, VY didn't play the entire game either.

Here's how the Headline and first two paragraphs of the game recap off of NFL.com reads:

Collins rallies Titans for playoff berth
Associated Press

INDIANAPOLIS -- Kerry Collins waited all season to prove his value in Tennessee. The Titans wouldn't have been celebrating Sunday night without him.

Vince Young was 14 of 18 for 157 yards before leaving the game with a quad strain in the third quarter.

Collins rescued his teammates in the most precarious circumstances, leading them to three straight second-half field goals in relief of injured Vince Young and helping Tennessee rally for a 16-10 win at Indianapolis that drew cheers from Nashville and moans from Cleveland.

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/recap?game_id=29442&displayPage=tab_recap&season=2007&week=REG17

Blazing Arrow
08-26-2008, 03:31 PM
YUP... Sorgi completed two passes to Wayne and that was sometime halfway through the second quarter... and that was it. Manning completed 10 of those 12 to Wayne....

I forget is playing a quarter and a half more then not starting a game. When it comes down to it you have to prove that the Colts actually played their starters while the Jags did not.

face it:

THE JAGUARS HANDED YOU THAT GAME

and that is the only reason you went .500 last season. Without it it was another Carr-esk season.

BattleRedRaider
08-26-2008, 03:33 PM
I forget is playing a quarter and a half more then not starting a game. When it comes down to it you have to prove that the Colts actually played their starters while the Jags did not.

face it:

and that is the only reason you went .500 last season. Without it it was another Carr-esk season.

And the Colts handed you a playoff berth.

What's the problem?

Texan_Bill
08-26-2008, 03:34 PM

face it:

:yawn:

face it:

THE TITANS HAVE A RB PLAYING QB AND HE LIKES SAUSAGE

Your attempts at hijacking : FAILED

ChampionTexan
08-26-2008, 03:37 PM
:yawn:

face it:

THE TITANS HAVE A RB PLAYING QB AND HE LIKES SAUSAGE

Your attempts at hijacking : FAILED

Boy does he ever:

Blazing Arrow
08-26-2008, 03:37 PM
Hey, in all fairness, VY didn't play the entire game either.

Here's how the Headline and first two paragraphs of the game recap off of NFL.com reads:

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/recap?game_id=29442&displayPage=tab_recap&season=2007&week=REG17

That is the biggest BS spin I have every seen. Rescued? Right like the Colts were going to shut us out in the second half with stellar D play. :rolleyes: Young scored a TD. Young walked us to the TN 47 before getting hurt. What fails to be mentioned here is that Collins could not score a TD on second stringers. Saved us ... what a laugh.

ChampionTexan
08-26-2008, 03:39 PM
That is the biggest BS spin I have every seen. Rescued? Right like the Colts were going to shut us out in the second half with stellar D play. :rolleyes: Young scored a TD. Young walked us to the TN 47 before getting hurt. What fails to be mentioned here is that Collins could not score a TD on second stringers. Saved us ... what a laugh.

Uhhh - you may want to register your complaint with the Associated Press, as nobody on this MB had anything to do with the linked article.

But thanks for your feedback anyway.

Blazing Arrow
08-26-2008, 03:40 PM
And the Colts handed you a playoff berth.

What's the problem?

Our 1st team outscored the Colts 1st team 7-3 at the half.

But since you did not read my first post where Bill questioned how the Cows were handed a game I guess you can try to spin this off any way you like.

Specnatz

Trailing when starter is in game against backups and then the backup QB comes in and gets the win = rescuing in the NFL.

Double Barrel

You have proven once again that the best defense of the object of your mancrush is to avoid the subject altogether.

Strawman, meet VY fanboy. VY fanboy, meet Strawman. Obviously I'm kidding, because I know you two have had a long relationship well before this post.

Young does not lose games for the Titans and every once and a while he pulls a rabbit out of his arse and wins us a couple.

I never said he lost games for the Titans. I simply said that they win in spite of his amazing ability to throw more picks than he does TDs. If you think a professional INT-thrower is not a liability...well, back to rehab you go!

It's great how people have to prop the Titans and show them respect even though they hate them in order to bash Young. Tell me about the defense again. :heart:

I'm a fan of the NFL. I'm not going to attempt to make a case that a playoff team is a bad team. That would be a weak argument, and for that endeavor I would have to defer to you as the obvious expert on weak arguments, since you seem to be proud of your area of expertise.

I would also like to thank Young for hitting up a shirtless club.

uhhh....o.k. :mcnugget:

Texan_Bill
08-26-2008, 03:41 PM
Boy does he ever:

Very nice!!!