PDA

View Full Version : Vince Young and the Disappearing Sausage Trick

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9

Double Barrel
08-12-2008, 10:53 AM
I was merely pointing out that most of the bias and hatred against VY is due to him being a Longhorn all-time great and the whole Mario/Bush/VY thing.

I don't hate Vince Young. I just don't like him because 1) he's a Titan, and 2) he's a sausage-party boy.

http://img171.imageshack.us/img171/551/vince20220bxak4.jpg

Texan_Bill
08-12-2008, 11:36 AM
http://imagecache2.allposters.com/images/pic/DES/D1191~Dick-s-Sausage-Posters.jpg

VY loves stuffing himself with sausage from Dick's Deli.

Blazing Arrow
08-12-2008, 02:07 PM
So do y'all have a big poster of that pic in your room or something. With how much it comes up I would not be suprised if you came home and gave it a big hug each night. :thisbig:

Texan_Bill
08-12-2008, 02:18 PM
So do y'all have a big poster of that pic in your room or something. With how much it comes up I would not be suprised if you came home and gave it a big hug each night. :thisbig:

:rolleyes:

Thats all ya got Arrow???

Double Barrel
08-12-2008, 02:23 PM

You would not be surprised because that's what you do every night? :um:

Go stuff yourself with sausage, boy. Dick's has your name all over it.

Blazing Arrow
08-12-2008, 02:59 PM
:rolleyes:

Thats all ya got Arrow???

Even when you are beating a dead horse ones arm eventually gets tired.

Texan_Bill
08-12-2008, 03:00 PM
Even when you are beating a dead horse ones arm eventually gets tired.

Seeing those pictures of sausage boy NEVER gets old. They will always, always be some funny s**t!!!

Blazing Arrow
08-12-2008, 03:02 PM
Seeing those pictures of sausage boy NEVER gets old. They will always, always be some funny s**t!!!

So you are saying a bunch of topless dudes dancing together makes you smile? :thinking:

Texan_Bill
08-12-2008, 03:05 PM
So you are saying a bunch of topless dudes dancing together makes you smile? :thinking:

Makes us LAUGH!!!

hobie
08-12-2008, 03:07 PM

Hell yeah when it is your QB !! Can't throw for s**t but can run, but that is handy when you got :hobie: all over the place and you want a piece of them all...

Don't be mad because he didn't invite you to the dance !!

Blazing Arrow
08-12-2008, 03:23 PM
Makes us LAUGH!!!

I think the word is actually "giggle"

Texan_Bill
08-12-2008, 03:25 PM

No.... Laugh is accurate. Actually laughing so hard my stomach hurts is more accruate...

Specnatz
08-12-2008, 03:47 PM

Maybe that is how guys laugh in San Francisco but not in Texas. Not saying there is anything wrong with giving a smile and giggling like a little girl, just not my thing.

Mr teX
08-12-2008, 04:17 PM
Maybe that is how guys laugh in San Francisco but not in Texas. Not saying there is anything wrong with giving a smile and giggling like a little girl, just not my thing.

For a male.... yes, there is something wrong with that......

Blazing Arrow
08-12-2008, 06:02 PM

No it comes off pretty fruity in SF too, but then again you would probably not go onto a 9ers board and see half naked pictures of Leinert plastered all over the place. Just saying ...

Texan_Bill
08-12-2008, 06:19 PM
No it comes off pretty fruity in SF too, but then again you would probably not go onto a 9ers board and see half naked pictures of Leinert plastered all over the place. Just saying ...

Leinart is a bad example. At least in his compromising pictures, he's hanging out with a bunch of chicks in a hot tub. He gets props for that.

Blazing Arrow
08-12-2008, 11:27 PM
I would think the lighter picture would be posted more then a picture of a half dozen half naked men dancing around with each other but I am from California so maybe I am 'different'?

Texan_Bill
08-13-2008, 08:51 AM
I would think the lighter picture would be posted more then a picture of a half dozen half naked men dancing around with each other but I am from California so maybe I am 'different'?

Who cares about Leinart? Was he a 'Sip? Was he forced down our throats?? Did he cause the Texans to be ridiculed for not picking him??? Does he play for Dud???? No, no, no and no. So with that said, making fun of your sausage boy makes a helluva lot more sense....

But, I certainly understand your attempts at trying to deflect the criticisms of your sausage boy - not that there's anything wrong with it..

GlassHalfFull
08-13-2008, 09:58 AM
I seem to be busy plugging DGDB&D this morning. Here is a fun read:

John Clayton eschews reality-based analysis, decides Young is next great QB (http://www.atexansblog.com/2008/08/12/john-clayton-eschews-reality-based-analysis-decides-young-is-next-great-qb/)

Sample from the article:

Not only did he beat the Madden jinx by starting 15 games last season, Young, through his leadership, took the Titans on a surprise ride to the playoffs.
Yup. That’s exactly what happened. The playoffs had nothing to do with Tennessee having the best defense in the league. It was Young’s “leadership” that took them to playoffs. That leadership included standing away from all the other players, pouting like a little ho when he was not the starter in the game at Houston. But that kind of leadership is so powerful, it can overcome a 9 TD, 17 INT, year. That leadership is not fazed by a fall off in yards per attempt, yards per completion, or yards per carry. Amazing. He’s like General ****ing Patton out there.

Warning: some NSFW language.

Specnatz
08-13-2008, 10:40 AM
I love DGDB&D, they are always good for a bunch of laughs.

Alge Crumpler: "We have a quarterback. His game management just has to get a little bit better. He’s a difference-maker.”

He’s a difference-maker as a QB like ebola is a difference-maker as a weight-loss tool.

John Clayton: In his third season, he’s starting to figure out who he is as a quarterback.

Mediocre and overrated.

:spit:

Blazing Arrow
08-13-2008, 12:56 PM
Who cares about Leinart? Was he a 'Sip? Was he forced down our throats?? Did he cause the Texans to be ridiculed for not picking him??? Does he play for Dud???? No, no, no and no. So with that said, making fun of your sausage boy makes a helluva lot more sense....

But, I certainly understand your attempts at trying to deflect the criticisms of your sausage boy - not that there's anything wrong with it..

:panic:

Now I am starting to understand .... I would be upset to if I were violated but let it rest man. The next step in the healing process is to move past it.

Sal Rosenberg
08-13-2008, 03:03 PM
Leinart is a bad example. At least in his compromising pictures, he's hanging out with a bunch of chicks in a hot tub. He gets props for that.

Chicks are cool VINCE!

Texan_Bill
08-13-2008, 03:22 PM
:panic:

Now I am starting to understand .... I would be upset to if I were violated but let it rest man. The next step in the healing process is to move past it.

:rolleyes: Weak.....

Texan_Bill
08-13-2008, 03:24 PM
Chicks are cool VINCE!

Vince: "Swine could taste like pumpkin pie, but I'll never know cause I won't eat the filthy muff-hugga"

*thanks to DH for the muff-hugga reference*

Blazing Arrow
08-13-2008, 04:33 PM
:rolleyes: Weak.....

denial ... No Bill your recovery process is taking backwards steps!

Texan_Bill
08-13-2008, 04:38 PM
denial ... No Bill your recovery process is taking backwards steps!

http://www.tundrasolutions.com/photopost/data/1600/thumbs/gnat.gif

Blazing Arrow
08-13-2008, 04:52 PM
Do you need a hug Bill?

Where is Shaft when you need him?

Brando
08-13-2008, 04:58 PM
Come on let's get this thread back on topic, Vince Young is the best QB in the NFL.

After all he did lead them to the playoffs. :sarcasm:

He just wins, nevermind that their is a team around him.

He will sale tickets and merchandise, to hell about winning.

He's a hometown kid, nevermind about drafting the best player.

Texan_Bill
08-13-2008, 05:04 PM
Do you need a hug Bill?

Where is Shaft when you need him?

Huh???? Did you start drinking early today? :mcnugget:

:hobie:

Brando
08-13-2008, 05:10 PM

Bill, I think he(BA) has a shaft on his mind.

Blazing Arrow
08-13-2008, 05:22 PM

No but my goal was 100 pages on this thread by regular season. I am way behing and need filler.

:kingkong:

Blazing Arrow
08-13-2008, 05:23 PM
Bill, I think he(BA) has a shaft on his mind.

I was speaking of Shaft75 ....

Second Honeymoon
08-13-2008, 09:20 PM
everyone talks about this 'team around him'. what talent has he had to work with? i know its easier to just say 'VY is the suxxorz!!' but the guy has done pretty well if your honest. the personal statistics werent there last year but he was dinged pretty much the whole year. The team is 31st in payroll. To expect the guy to turn them into SB contenders overnight is a bit much. one thing he has already done is help them to turn into playoff contenders...

VY has a long way to go to be considered one of the elite QBs but he is just entering his 3rd year and hasn't really been helped with the talent at the skill positions.

I totally get where all the hatred comes from and I probably wouldn't have it any other way. He plays for our one true rival. He is a Titan after all. Thanks Bud (you f'in prick)

as for all the sausage party stuff, that stuff is pretty funny. VY is pretty wasted in that pick and I am pretty sure we have all been there before....we may have had our shirts on...but its not that big of a deal. If taking your shirt off was illegal, they would have already given Matthew McConaughey the electric chair. maybe taking your shirt off is just an Austin thing...I lived there from 90-96 and I never caught the disease. Spec, what say you. You live near/in Austin dont ya? Is it an epidemic over there or what?

Brando
08-13-2008, 09:52 PM
everyone talks about this 'team around him'. what talent has he had to work with? i know its easier to just say 'VY is the suxxorz!!' but the guy has done pretty well if your honest. the personal statistics werent there last year but he was dinged pretty much the whole year. The team is 31st in payroll. To expect the guy to turn them into SB contenders overnight is a bit much. one thing he has already done is help them to turn into playoff contenders...

VY has a long way to go to be considered one of the elite QBs but he is just entering his 3rd year and hasn't really been helped with the talent at the skill positions.

I totally get where all the hatred comes from and I probably wouldn't have it any other way. He plays for our one true rival. He is a Titan after all. Thanks Bud (you f'in prick)

as for all the sausage party stuff, that stuff is pretty funny. VY is pretty wasted in that pick and I am pretty sure we have all been there before....we may have had our shirts on...but its not that big of a deal. If taking your shirt off was illegal, they would have already given Matthew McConaughey the electric chair. maybe taking your shirt off is just an Austin thing...I lived there from 90-96 and I never caught the disease. Spec, what say you. You live near/in Austin dont ya? Is it an epidemic over there or what?

The defense and Jeff Fisher's coaching ability took the Titans to the playoffs. If the defense didn't bail out the offense(and Vince) the Titans would not have made it. As much as I hate Haynesworth he was instrumental to the success of the Titans greater than the impact of VY on offense. I've heard it to many times that he carried them to the playoffs. Most people understand the Titans made it despite Vince Young except the VY groupies.

But yeah he plays for a rival that I hate, so he's fair game in that regard.

Second Honeymoon
08-13-2008, 10:05 PM
The defense and Jeff Fisher's coaching ability took the Titans to the playoffs. If the defense didn't bail out the offense(and Vince) the Titans would not have made it. As much as I hate Haynesworth he was instrumental to the success of the Titans greater than the impact of VY on offense. I've heard it to many times that he carried them to the playoffs. Most people understand the Titans made it despite Vince Young except the VY groupies.

They went to the playoffs out of the toughest division in football. 31st in payroll. No wideout or TE talent to speak of. No real stability or breakaway threat at RB. If his stats were better and they didn't make the playoffs would that be success in your eyes? No, you would say if he was such a good team player his team would make the playoffs or if he was so good why did they miss the playoffs. That is a complete paradox of logic.

The point is that they are a winning team with him at QB. They were 3-13 the year before he got there. It's not like the cupboard is full over there...

..oh and Fisher is a great coach. If Young wasn't cut out to be a quality NFL QB he wouldn't have him starting and Fisher probably wouldn't have signed that extension to stay in Tennessee. The fact that the guy is good enough to start for Jeff Fisher as a rookie should tell you all you need to know. I guess Fisher doesn't know what he is doing and is going to stick with a guy far too long even resigning him to the maximum extension after horrible personal production and team performance and continue to paralyze the franchise, all the while the fans keep blindly supporting the home team QB and making excuse after sorry freaking excuse for him....oh wait, that happened here. sorry. my bad.

Fisher is just a great coach and don't even try and say that he is being forced to play VY. You think Fisher would let himself get played like that? That guy could have just about any job he wanted.

The best judge of a QB would be his own team's fans and it seems to me that Titans fan is probably a lot happier with the Titans since VY came to town. Are they there yet? Are they championship relevant yet? probably not. But the product on the field is far superior and they have a QB with huge upside and gamebreaking ability, and they are winning football games, which is what its all about...they are a winning team, which is all you can really ask for as a fan.

Their last two seasons have ended on the road against the Patriots and the Chargers. They win either of those games, their season continues. They were beat by a better team...period, end of story. Until the team improves the talent level they probably wont be winning either of those matchups anytime soon, but were talking about the elite of the league. Oh, and the Texans have yet to beat the Titans since VY entered the league, so why don't we beat the guy on the football field before we start trying to beat him up on the internets.

Any Texans fan who says VY doesn't help win any games for the Titans, must have missed Vince's Overtime dash to victory...in OUR stadium in his 1st appearance against us. Did you leave the game early to beat the traffic? One would have to have a pretty short memory to to not remember that bitter pill. Yeah, that loser Carr is gone now and the Texans look more competitive but that doesnt erase what has already gone down. He wtfpwned us in our own crib...how can you forget that stuff?

CloakNNNdagger
08-13-2008, 10:16 PM

Must spread the rep.........:bat:

Wolf
08-13-2008, 11:09 PM
No but my goal was 100 pages on this thread by regular season. I am way behing and need filler.

:kingkong:
not sure but
I guess bologna or sausage has filler in it

Texan_Bill
08-14-2008, 09:13 AM
They went to the playoffs out of the toughest division in football. 31st in payroll. No wideout or TE talent to speak of. No real stability or breakaway threat at RB. If his stats were better and they didn't make the playoffs would that be success in your eyes? No, you would say if he was such a good team player his team would make the playoffs or if he was so good why did they miss the playoffs. That is a complete paradox of logic.
Ranked 5th in rushing offense is pretty stable in most people's eyes, so your attempt at sweeping that under the rug is weak.

The point is that they are a winning team with him at QB. They were 3-13 the year before he got there. It's not like the cupboard is full over there...
Baltimore won a Super Bowl with Trent Dilfer. What's your point??

..oh and Fisher is a great coach. If Young wasn't cut out to be a quality NFL QB he wouldn't have him starting and Fisher probably wouldn't have signed that extension to stay in Tennessee. The fact that the guy is good enough to start for Jeff Fisher as a rookie should tell you all you need to know. I guess Fisher doesn't know what he is doing and is going to stick with a guy far too long even resigning him to the maximum extension after horrible personal production and team performance and continue to paralyze the franchise, all the while the fans keep blindly supporting the home team QB and making excuse after sorry freaking excuse for him....oh wait, that happened here. sorry. my bad. Fisher is a good coach, no question. But he is also the same coach that wanted to draft Matt Leinart over VY. Last time I checked, Fisher was the coach, not the GM. I'm guessing the fact that Fisher didn't want VY to begin with he didn't have a lot of say in the extension.... Psssssst.. That's what GM's and directors of player personnel do.. Especially when the owner wants it to happen..... So again, Fisher did NOT extend VY, the Titans (or asshat Bud) extended him...

Fisher is just a great coach and don't even try and say that he is being forced to play VY. You think Fisher would let himself get played like that? That guy could have just about any job he wanted. Bullshit. Unless your last name is Lombardi, pressure can be put on a coach to play certain players... AGAIN, Fisher wanted Leinart - NOT Vincent.

The best judge of a QB would be his own team's fans and it seems to me that Titans fan is probably a lot happier with the Titans since VY came to town. Are they there yet? Are they championship relevant yet? probably not. But the product on the field is far superior and they have a QB with huge upside and gamebreaking ability, and they are winning football games, which is what its all about...they are a winning team, which is all you can really ask for as a fan. Go read their boards. There is an under-current of fans over there, that are NOT convinced VY is their future at QB.
"have a QB with huge upside and gamebreaking ability, and they are winning football games, which is what its all about Blah, blah, blah. See Baltimore Ravens. Running game. Defense. Special Teams..... QB - serviceable, although I'm still not convinced he is serviceable. Start lining him up in the backfield or out wide, who knows, he may become relevant.

last two seasons have ended on the road against the Patriots and the Chargers. They win either of those games, their season continues. They were beat by a better team...period, end of story. Until the team improves the talent level they probably wont be winning either of those matchups anytime soon, but were talking about the elite of the league. Oh, and the Texans have yet to beat the Titans since VY entered the league, so why don't we beat the guy on the football field before we start trying to beat him up on the internets. Could of, would of, should of.... :yawn: Hell any old time Oiler fan can tell you how it was going to turn out..

Any Texans fan who says VY doesn't help win any games for the Titans, must have missed Vince's Overtime dash to victory...in OUR stadium in his 1st appearance against us. Did you leave the game early to beat the traffic? One would have to have a pretty short memory to to not remember that bitter pill. Yeah, that loser Carr is gone now and the Texans look more competitive but that doesnt erase what has already gone down. He wtfpwned us in our own crib...how can you forget that stuff? Whooptie shit - Dilfer and David Carr have a couple of highlights too.....Quit being condescending. We saw the run. ALSO, Quit calling it "our stadium". It's been painfully obvious -for a long time - that all you really care about is defending VY AND UT and not about the Texans.

And NO I didn't leave the game early. Why, because the Texans are my team and I support them no matter what. I don't get in a tizzy when they don't draft my man-crush (like a lot of people I know *cough second honeymoon cough*). Sorry your collegiate phenom is mediocre at best in the NFL.

Meanwhile, keep trying to pawn yourself off as a Texans fan.
Most of us know better.

PS.... Trent Dilfer thinks that Vince SUCKS!!!!

hobie
08-14-2008, 09:51 AM
Not only did Trent Dilfer win a SB, but so did Mark Rypien with Washington who was not all that good, but had a great team.

So VY has a good team around him, but he still is below average for a QB like the 2 guys mentioned above were. This is a proving year for VY, we shall see if he is what they think he is or is more of what we think he is, and that's a below average QB..

Texan_Bill
08-14-2008, 09:54 AM
we shall see if he is what they think he is or is more of what we think he is, and that's a below average QB with an above average appetite for :hobie:..

Fixed.

hobie
08-14-2008, 10:02 AM
Not that there is anything wrong with being a meat lover...I mean I prefer alot of meat on my pizza, but i don't care for it on a dance floor like VY does...

Blazing Arrow
08-14-2008, 10:32 AM
Whooptie shit - Dilfer and David Carr have a couple of highlights too.....Quit being condescending. We saw the run. ALSO, Quit calling it "our stadium". It's been painfully obvious -for a long time - that all you really care about is defending VY AND UT and not about the Texans.

I thought it was "Our" stadium .. we are 6-1 their. :cowboy1:

And Young thinks you suck!!!

HoustonFrog
08-14-2008, 10:41 AM
:stirpot:

Andre on 610 this morning says a buddy of his has been watching their practices and that VY is GREATLY improve din his drops, reads and throws and that he hit 12 straight in one drill and 8 in another. Said Coach Mike Heimerdinger has done wonders.:)

Just reporting news.

Texan_Bill
08-14-2008, 10:42 AM
I thought it was "Our" stadium .. we are 6-1 their. :cowboy1:

And Young thinks you suck!!!

You have scoreboard for now... But when you show man-love towards VY the way SH does than I will address that comment ("our stadium") towards you. At the very least, you man-up and let it be known who you are a fan of... Besides, who are you fooling?? You're not even convinced VY is the long term solution in Tennessee.

Let Young know that I don't play for 'that team' (not that there's anything wrong with it - to be PC). If he tries hitting on me, he will get a beat down!!!

Brando
08-14-2008, 11:06 AM
Ranked 5th in rushing offense is pretty stable in most people's eyes, so your attempt at sweeping that under the rug is weak.

Fisher is a good coach, no question. But he is also the same coach that wanted to draft Matt Leinart over VY. Last time I checked, Fisher was the coach, not the GM. I'm guessing the fact that Fisher didn't want VY to begin with he didn't have a lot of say in the extension.... Psssssst.. That's what GM's and directors of player personnel do.. Especially when the owner wants it to happen..... So again, Fisher did NOT extend VY, the Titans (or asshat Bud) extended him...

Bullshit. Unless your last name is Lombardi, pressure can be put on a coach to play certain players... AGAIN, Fisher wanted Leinart - NOT Vincent.

Go read their boards. There is an under-current of fans over there, that are NOT convinced VY is their future at QB.
"have a QB with huge upside and gamebreaking ability, and they are winning football games, which is what its all about Blah, blah, blah. See Baltimore Ravens. Running game. Defense. Special Teams..... QB - serviceable, although I'm still not convinced he is serviceable. Start lining him up in the backfield or out wide, who knows, he may become relevant.

Could of, would of, should of.... :yawn: Hell any old time Oiler fan can tell you how it was going to turn out..

Whooptie shit - Dilfer and David Carr have a couple of highlights too.....Quit being condescending. We saw the run. ALSO, Quit calling it "our stadium". It's been painfully obvious -for a long time - that all you really care about is defending VY AND UT and not about the Texans.

And NO I didn't leave the game early. Why, because the Texans are my team and I support them no matter what. I don't get in a tizzy when they don't draft my man-crush (like a lot of people I know *cough second honeymoon cough*). Sorry your collegiate phenom is mediocre at best in the NFL.

Most of us know better.

QFTFT!!! I don't need to say anymore except one more thing Doug from the Woodlands will never understand.

Wolf
08-14-2008, 11:10 AM

Andre on 610 this morning says a buddy of his has been watching their practices and that VY is GREATLY improve din his drops, reads and throws and that he hit 12 straight in one drill and 8 in another. Said Coach Mike Heimerdinger has done wonders.:)

Just reporting news.

"I completed more in a row in an actual game and looked good in practice"

signed

DC
:photos:

Second Honeymoon
08-14-2008, 12:08 PM

Fisher is a good coach, no question. But he is also the same coach that wanted to draft Matt Leinart over VY. Last time I checked, Fisher was the coach, not the GM. I'm guessing the fact that Fisher didn't want VY to begin with he didn't have a lot of say in the extension.... Psssssst.. That's what GM's and directors of player personnel do.. Especially when the owner wants it to happen..... So again, Fisher did NOT extend VY, the Titans (or asshat Bud) extended him...

Bullshit. Unless your last name is Lombardi, pressure can be put on a coach to play certain players... AGAIN, Fisher wanted Leinart - NOT Vincent.

Go read their boards. There is an under-current of fans over there, that are NOT convinced VY is their future at QB.

Could of, would of, should of.... :yawn: Hell any old time Oiler fan can tell you how it was going to turn out..

Most of us know better.

TB, you can say a lot of things about me but don't claim I am not a Texans fan. That is just ludicrous. I am as big a Texans fan as anyone on this board so just because I don't spout the company line or come off as a brainless homer, doesnt make me any less of a fan. My name is on the glass memorial outside the stadium, I have been season ticket holder since Day One, I sold my vintage Fender Strat for the PSL deposit. Just ask my girlfriend how big of a Texans fan I am...she has to live with me.

Yes, I like VY and I don't think he is half as bad as you guys claim but he plays for our rival so its to be expected and he played for many Texans' fan's college school rivals...so its even more expected.

Just because I don't hold some logic-addled hatred of VY and just because I am honest in my analysis of our rival's team doesnt make me any less of a fan. it makes me an informed fan not blinded by being a homer or by being a hater. i am objective. is that so freaking wrong? i know this is Rivalry Talk and that people can be a little more open with their takes and smacktalk, but I think that was a pretty low blow TB. frankly, it hurts my feelings that you would think that much less write that garbage. You and I have been around and around on many subjects and we don't always agree but I never thought you would question whether or not I am a Texans fan. Yeah, VY has some goodwill built up from his time at UT admittedly, but when we play the Titans, I am right there with everyone else screaming for our defense to smash VY's face into the turf. I don't cheer for VY in a Titan's uniform. Never have and never will. That OT run hurt me and that is why I find it so ludicrous for Texans fan to say that Vince sucks and is a bad NFL QB...especially considering how they embraced Carr for 5 years even though anyone with half a brain knew the guy was total garbage.

The thing is the more people that get upset with me on this board and the more people that call me wrong or way off base, just makes me feel more and more confident and self assured in my opinion. After all, this is the same fanbase that coddled and made excuse after excuse for Carr even though the evidence was blatant for anyone to see that wasnt blinded by being a homer and by being too stubborn to admit that the Texans screwed up big time in drafting Carr. It wasn't until the whole *******house went up in flames until some of yall realized that the guy was a joke. So sorry if I don't put much credence into average Texans' fans ability to judge and grade a QB.

TB, call me a tsip or a ut homer or whatever, but please don't say I am not a Texans fan because I don't jump on the VY is the suxxorz bandwagon. You guys gave Carr 5 years of crap before you were even willing to admit the guy sucked...why have you already come to the conclusion that VY sucks when he has had much more success than Carr ever had both in making plays and in his team winning football games. Why the different criteria? Is it cause he plays for TN? because he is UT hero? or is it because he is black? just let me know why one guy is judged by one standard while the other is judged by another and quite unfairly I might add.

I know Vince didn't have a great year last year but at the end of the day, they made the playoffs in not even his 2nd full year as starter. Yeah, Fisher deserves most of the credit but to act like Vince has never helped the Titans win is just ridiculous....

Texan_Bill
08-14-2008, 12:33 PM
[QUOTE=Second Honeymoon;972262]TB, you can say a lot of things about me but don't claim I am not a Texans fan. >>>>>>>>>>> Deleted rest of quote to save space<<<<<<<<<<QUOTE]

Okay....... You are a Texans fan, and sorry about your Fender.

Just come to the realization that:

a) The Oilers errrrrrrrrr Titans are gone. As a fan of the Texans - 31 other teams suck!!!
b) Vince benefited in college from his athleticism and the spread system run at Texas and not solely on QB talent required in the NFL.
c) The Texans made the right choice in NOT selecting Vince
d) Texans fans had to put up with national scrutiny in not selecting Vince
e) Fisher and Chow wanted Lienart - NOT Vince
f) Success of the Titans over the last couple of seasons were based on running game and last year - their defense. Add in ST play (especially by Bironas) - not the play of their QB.

As far as opoinions go, feel free to have them. That's what were all here for. Unfortunately, your opinions often come across as apologies, defense and / or excuses for Vince. As far as being a UT homer, there are many on here but they don't feel the need to defend VY (or even Ced Benson for that matter).

Often times with you, what could have been expressed as legitimate and constructive criticism(s) of the Texans organization (be it Bob McNair, or Kubiak, or whoever), comes out very hatefull and ugly..

People can only form impressions and opinions of you based on your posts...

Vinny
08-14-2008, 12:39 PM
I've watched a ton of preseason football so far and the most dominating D unit has been the Titans, plus they ran for around 350 yards on the Rams....probably the most impressive team I've seen so far. I'm willing to bet the Rams are awful though...so take it with a grain. Personally I think the South will be won by the Titans this season....methinks they will be that good this year.

Texan_Bill
08-14-2008, 12:43 PM
I've watched a ton of preseason football so far and the most dominating D unit has been the Titans, plus they ran for around 350 yards on the Rams....probably the most impressive team I've seen so far. I'm willing to bet the Rams are awful though...so take it with a grain. Personally I think the South will be won by the Titans this season....methinks they will be that good this year.

I watched a good portion of that game as well. The Rams will be bad this year, but that rushing attack and defense were pretty impressive by the Titans...

............... and yes SH, I recognize that his highness twisted off for about a 35 yarder...

Double Barrel
08-14-2008, 12:43 PM

Great. And we get to play them early in the season when they probably won't have too many injuries.

Plus they have "the best QB in the NFL". :joker:

TheRealJoker
08-14-2008, 12:47 PM

Please mov this post. This thread is about Vince Young, not the Tennessee Titans. If you want to keep this post in this thread you have to make some outlandish claim that VY "did it all by himself".

Vinny
08-14-2008, 12:52 PM
Please mov this post. This thread is about Vince Young, not the Tennessee Titans. If you want to keep this post in this thread you have to make some outlandish claim that VY "did it all by himself".

Originally Posted by Vinny (edited for your viewing pleasure)
I've watched a ton of preseason football so far and the most dominating D unit has been the Titans, plus they ran for around 350 yards on the Rams....probably the most impressive team I've seen so far. I'm willing to bet the Rams are awful though...so take it with a grain. Personally I think the South will be won by the Titans this season....methinks they will be that good this year despite that sausage party guy making the players take their shirts off and dancing with them at halftime!.

TheRealJoker
08-14-2008, 12:56 PM
Originally Posted by Vinny (edited for your viewing pleasure)
I've watched a ton of preseason football so far and the most dominating D unit has been the Titans, plus they ran for around 350 yards on the Rams....probably the most impressive team I've seen so far. I'm willing to bet the Rams are awful though...so take it with a grain. Personally I think the South will be won by the Titans this season....methinks they will be that good this year despite that sausage party guy making the players take their shirts off and dancing with them at halftime!.

That's more like it!!!

:splits: :kingkong:

Second Honeymoon
08-14-2008, 01:17 PM
thanks TB. and yes I know I can get a little hateful at times especially regarding DC, Casserley, and pre-Rick Smith McNair....but I love my Texans and although seeing the Texans lose doesnt hurt me as much as it used to seeing the Oilers lose, I think thats more of a product of the Texans losing more often and I think I may be a little more callous to it and may kind of expect them to lose in the back of my mind. Oilers losses were so hard to stomach because frankly, there werent many games that they shouldnt have won....

Blazing Arrow
08-14-2008, 01:22 PM
Titan fan embrace you SecondHoneymoon.

Brando
08-14-2008, 01:39 PM

http://bravomtdb.console.net/_mt/thedish/_blogImages/2007/05/20070508_caveman_320x240.jpg

Blazing Arrow
08-14-2008, 01:55 PM
http://bravomtdb.console.net/_mt/thedish/_blogImages/2007/05/20070508_caveman_320x240.jpg

Yes we even accept you Brando ...

thunderkyss
08-14-2008, 02:06 PM

#1. If Fisher didn't want Vince, I think he would have walked. Fischer doesn't have to take a QB being forced down his throat, like a Dom Capers would. He could have left Tennessee, and had just about any job he wanted.

#2. I know there were rumors that Jeff & Norm wanted Lienart. But I can't see it. I can see Norm wanting him, if he thought Lienart could play better than he had at USC. But Jeff....

Texan_Bill
08-14-2008, 02:44 PM
#1. If Fisher didn't want Vince, I think he would have walked. Fischer doesn't have to take a QB being forced down his throat, like a Dom Capers would. He could have left Tennessee, and had just about any job he wanted.

#2. I know there were rumors that Jeff & Norm wanted Lienart. But I can't see it. I can see Norm wanting him, if he thought Lienart could play better than he had at USC. But Jeff....

#1. Totally disagree. Why would a long tenured coach quit over a draft selection? I've seen long tenured coaches step down because of burn-out, or like Bill Parcells' case where the owner thought he was the HC - but never over a draft selection.

#2. Coaches can be loyal to their schools too. USC------> Jeff Fisher.
Owners too: Bob McNair sure likes the Texans drafting USC Gamecocks.

Plain and simple, the selection came from Dud. He wanted to try and stick it to the city that made him rich - one more time. Unfortunately for us, that OT run worked out precisely how the Anti-Christ wanted it to...

Blazing Arrow
08-14-2008, 02:53 PM

You stuck that in there just to keep on thread theme.

Texan_Bill
08-14-2008, 02:57 PM
You stuck that in there just to keep on thread theme.

Not really. Just making an observation.

Bob McNair --------------> USC Gamecocks
Dunta Robinson-----------> USC Gamecocks
Fred Bennett-------------> USC Gamecocks

Blazing Arrow
08-14-2008, 03:01 PM
Not really. Just making an observation.

Bob McNair --------------> USC Gamecocks
Dunta Robinson-----------> USC Gamecocks
Fred Bennett-------------> USC Gamecocks

So you are saying the Texans have a preference for the cocks? Not that there is anything wrong with that.

hobie
08-14-2008, 03:10 PM
So you are saying the Texans have a preference for the cocks? Not that there is anything wrong with that.

Yeah, the Texans like players coming from USC, call them Gamecocks or cocks, whatever floats yours, but VY likes cocks, and not those from USC either, but as you say, not that there is anything wrong with it....

Texan_Bill
08-14-2008, 03:14 PM

Them rooster looking things will tear yo a$$ up!!!

But nice try... ;) We know what franchise places an importance on condom covered sausages....

http://www.minimus.biz/images/P07-0124102-1004bg.jpg
+

http://www.panix.com/~clay/cookbook/images/hungarian-sausage.jpg
=

http://images.ballhype.com/uploads/photos_large/2008/05/15/Vince-Young-Shirtless.jpg

Specnatz
08-14-2008, 03:30 PM

Two things .. First How in the hell can you say VY is not the suxxorz with a straight face or with any sincerity what so ever. He threw twice as many Int and TD last year? Who is that leading the team to the playoffs. He is a horrible QB, I know a certain QB who you hate with a passion who put up similar numbers as sausageboy and you want to shoot him, hang him, burn him a live and after that you want him electricuted. Of course YKW did not go to ut and vy did. I can be a blind homer when it comes to Notre Dame but holy shit SH you take homerism to another level.

As far as the whole Austin thing and shirts off? Appearently I goto all the right parties because I have never ever seen that in my life. Also, every single party I have gone to, there is no way in hell you can take multi phtos and not have a couple chicks in them.

Specnatz
08-14-2008, 03:36 PM
The fact that the guy is good enough to start for Jeff Fisher as a rookie should tell you all you need to know. I guess Fisher doesn't know what he is doing and is going to stick with a guy far too long even resigning him to the maximum extension after horrible personal production and team performance and continue to paralyze the franchise, all the while the fans keep blindly supporting the home team QB and making excuse after sorry freaking excuse for him....oh wait, that happened here. sorry. my bad.?

Actually, he started cause of all the money they were paying him and in this day and age most QBs drafted in the top 5 do not wait a year to start you play them immediately. Fisher, would rather have a QB sit 1 or 2 years like he did with McNair who was far more advanced at being a QB than vy. Vy is just a better runningback than McNair.

As far as making all the excuses for vy, I hear it every single day from tsip jock wearing homers who think no ut guy can do any wrong and that it is everyone elses fault when they fail. Just like you are doing for vy. If YKW had gone to ut you would still be backing him and thinking it is everyone elses fault.

Second Honeymoon
08-14-2008, 03:51 PM

hey I just want intelligent discourse and objectivity. you can take your team and shove it up your ass (no offense) but I am not going to sit around and say that VY sucks or that the Titans aren't any good. As long as Jeff Fisher coaches that team, they will enjoy some measure of success...I think yall need some more talent and for Bud to actually spend $$ in order for yall to take the next step though.

powerfuldragon
08-14-2008, 03:53 PM
hey I just want intelligent discourse and objectivity.
problem is, you're looking for that in a titans thread...

Texan_Bill
08-14-2008, 04:02 PM
hey I just want intelligent discourse and objectivity.

problem is, you're looking for that in a titans thread...

AND in the Rivalry (Smack) forum, no less.... :cool:

thunderkyss
08-14-2008, 04:04 PM
#1. Totally disagree. Why would a long tenured coach quit over a draft selection? I've seen long tenured coaches step down because of burn-out, or like Bill Parcells' case where the owner thought he was the HC - but never over a draft selection.

#2. Coaches can be loyal to their schools too. USC------> Jeff Fisher.

Plain and simple, the selection came from Dud. He wanted to try and stick it to the city that made him rich - one more time. Unfortunately for us, that OT run worked out precisely how the Anti-Christ wanted it to...

Was Lienart the only USC athelete available in the '06 Draft??

Maybe Lendale White was enough to satisfy their USC jonesing. I don't know.

But tenure don't mean crap in the NFL. He doesn't get paid anymore money, because he has tenure.

IF you're handcuffing Jeff Fischer, and giving him players he does not want....... which is different than not getting him the player he wants. But if you're giving him players he does not want, and telling him he has to find a way to win, he'll leave in a heartbeat, and there will be teams lining up to pick him up. Teams that will not force him to try to win with players he does not want.

Second Honeymoon
08-14-2008, 04:17 PM
Actually, he started cause of all the money they were paying him and in this day and age most QBs drafted in the top 5 do not wait a year to start you play them immediately. Fisher, would rather have a QB sit 1 or 2 years like he did with McNair who was far more advanced at being a QB than vy. Vy is just a better runningback than McNair.

As far as making all the excuses for vy, I hear it every single day from tsip jock wearing homers who think no ut guy can do any wrong and that it is everyone elses fault when they fail. Just like you are doing for vy. If YKW had gone to ut you would still be backing him and thinking it is everyone elses fault.

you gotta be crazy to believe that. i am not making excuses for VY, I am just saying that he has done pretty well for only being in the league 2 years and that the different criteria by some fans is dubious at best. Carr sucked donkey sausage for 5 years yet people still thought it was everyone elses fault and we enjoyed no team success to speak of. Young has been at least average and has been a difference maker in some games and they have enjoyed team success, yet some of you say he sucks and dont think he belongs in the league. Why the different criteria? What did Carr do for you that gained such allegiance?

spec, I am tough on players when they screw up and I have taken VY to task for his off the field shenanigans but the guy played hurt all of last year (not an excuse) and still managed to stay int he game and HELP lead his team to the playoffs. Whether you agree or not, its a fact. If Young was that bad they wouldn't have even gotten a sniff. Oh and when you mention running production, you must realize that VY counts in that equation too. Fisher's offense has rarely been pass happy so dont be surprised if Young doesnt have huge stats even if he takes the next step in his progression and continues to improve.

some of us Texans fans just seem to think our **** dont stink and that teams that dominate us on an annual basis somehow suck or that they just got lucky or whatever the excuse is today.

once again, VY has beaten the Texans....period...end of story. Why don't we focus more of our hatred on us having such a sucky defensive coordinator and how we still have yet to find a RB worthy of mention going into Year 7 of hte franchise. If we were a good team and were compiling winning records and playoff appearances, tha tis one thing....but were not...so any charges of 'you suck' or 'VY blows' or whatever is just what it is...sour grapes.

lets fix our own house before we try and criticize other people's....or you risk looking like petulant little children who are whining about the bully but dont do anything to try and get back at him where it counts.

Texan_Bill
08-14-2008, 04:18 PM

But tenure don't mean crap in the NFL. He doesn't get paid anymore money, because he has tenure.

IF you're handcuffing Jeff Fischer, and giving him players he does not want....... which is different than not getting him the player he wants. But if you're giving him players he does not want, and telling him he has to find a way to win, he'll leave in a heartbeat, and there will be teams lining up to pick him up. Teams that will not force him to try to win with players he does not want.

Maybe........ Maybe not. Young was drafted a lot sooner that LenWhale was AND there was no gaurantee that LenWhale would have been around to the 45th pick overall.

Very true. But again, I don't know of any coach that would quit over a draftee disagreement.

*ahem* Dud Adams has been doing exactly that for years. Fortunately (or as a Texans fan), unfortunately Fisher has always been about defense and running the ball. He can take a bad draft choice like VY and live with it as long as his "D" and running game are working. VY is not as critical to that offense as Carson Palmer or Romo are to their offenses...

Second Honeymoon
08-14-2008, 04:21 PM

exactly TK. First off, Young has been a better pro than Leinart. Period. Could change but as of now, Young has done far more than Leinart. Second off, if Fisher wanted Leinart they would have drafted Leinart. It's that easy. If Young wasn't good enough to start for Fisher, he wouldn't be starting. This is Jeff Fisher not some 2nd rate head coach were talking about.

Yes, Bud did want VY but he was a better prospect than Leinart plain and simple. If you want to talk about QBs gravy-training off the talent around him (like you foolheartedly accuse VY of) you need to take Leinart to task for his USC days. That guy had talent everywhere around him, so I guess he isn't any good either.

If Vince continues to progress, maybe some of you monday morning quarterbacks will realize that you need to stop thinking with your heart and start using your brain.

Double Barrel
08-14-2008, 04:28 PM
I'm no fan of David Carr (or obviously Vince Young for that matter), but here's an interesting comparison:

DC - best year 3531 yards passing, 16 TDs, 14 ints

VY - best year 2546 yards passing, 9 TDs, 17 ints.

Matter of fact, VY has thrown for more ints than TDs in both of his years, which as QBs go, is a lousy way to go about things.

Do you honestly think VY would have been any better than DC on an expansion team right out of college? Doubtful.

The fact is that both suck at QB. One got drafted by an expansion team, while the other drafted by an established team with a good coaching staff, great defense, and solid special teams/running game.

Whatever measuring stick you use against DC makes VY look just as bad when looking at the position. And looking at the stats, VY seems to fumble a lot, too. 22 in two years. A butterfingers QB on a good team whose only consistency is throwing more picks than TDs. He's a decent running back, though, so I'll give him that.

Texan_Bill
08-14-2008, 04:30 PM
I'm no fan of David Carr (or obviously Vince Young for that matter), but here's an interesting comparison:

VY - best year (first, btw) - 2546 yards passing, 9 TDs, 17 ints.

Matter of fact, VY has thrown for more ints than TDs in both of his years, which as QBs go, is a lousy way to go about things.

Do you honestly think VY would have been any better than DC on an expansion team right out of college? Doubtful.

The fact is that both suck at QB. One got drafted by an expansion team, while the other drafted by an established team with a good coaching staff, great defense, and solid special teams/running game.

Whatever measuring stick you use against DC makes VY look just as bad when looking at the position. And looking at the stats, VY seems to fumble a lot, too. 22 in two years. A butterfingers QB on a good team whose only consistency is throwing more picks than TDs. He's a decent running back, though, so I'll give him that.

But Double...... but...... but........

All Vince does is win.

:chickendance:

Double Barrel
08-14-2008, 04:31 PM
But Double...... but...... but........

All Vince does is win.

:chickendance:

Which is why he's obviously "the best QB in the NFL"!!!!!!!!!!!11!!!1!!! :thinking:

Texan_Bill
08-14-2008, 04:33 PM
Which is why he's obviously "the best QB in the NFL"!!!!!!!!!!!11!!!1!!! :thinking:

Dangit... That's right. WTH was I thinking. :gun:

thunderkyss
08-14-2008, 04:37 PM
Why don't we focus more of our hatred on us having such a sucky defensive coordinator and how we still have yet to find a RB worthy of mention going into Year 7 of hte franchise.

That's a good point. Didn't we start this as a running team back in '02?? Wasn't that what we had always set out to do?? and we have never spent a serious pick on a RB, or OL(until just this year).

To date, the only FA we got for the OL that was worth his pay was Salaam.... a 7th rounder, a journeyman.

And as focused as our drafts have been on Defense, you'd think we would be in the top 10 by now.

If Vince continues to progress, maybe some of you monday morning quarterbacks will realize that you need to stop thinking with your heart and start using your brain.

You're wasting your time. Doesn't make sense to argue about his "progress" They keep throwing Lienart's name around, and he's been benched twice in his pro-career.... he's competing for a starting gig with a guy we wouldn't want as our back-up.

thunderkyss
08-14-2008, 04:43 PM

VY - best year 2546 yards passing, 9 TDs, 17 ints.

Based on what you've seen, watching them play. Which one will give your team a better chance of winning??

I'm no David Carr fan, and he's never put up the rushing numbers VY has(I may be wrong about that), but in the last 2, maybe three years of his career here, he didn't do much to keep our offense on the field.

His first two year...... maybe three, I loved the guy. He was a playmaker.

Then he got scared. He didn't work on his game, to be the best QB he could be.

Time will tell what Vince is going to be. Right now, he's a playmaker, right now, he moves the chains, and keeps his team in the game. & if they never go about getting any real wide recievers, he's probably the best QB for that team.

If he gives up..... Like David did... and stop trying to make things happen, I'll be with you, and try to get him run out of the league.

I know, I know..... Kubiak told David to stop trying to make things happen.

But that's because he sucked at it.

HOU-TEX
08-14-2008, 04:44 PM
exactly TK. First off, Young has been a better pro than Leinart. Period. Could change but as of now, Young has done far more than Leinart. Second off, if Fisher wanted Leinart they would have drafted Leinart. It's that easy. If Young wasn't good enough to start for Fisher, he wouldn't be starting. This is Jeff Fisher not some 2nd rate head coach were talking about.

Seriously! Young has been a better Pro? Sausage party? Comments of retirement? Fellow teamates questioning his knowledge?

SH, I usually stay away from the VY and Bush hype because I don't really give a damn about them, but damn dude! You're off your rocker on this one.

You might want to take a bit of your own advice (in bold). Young a better Pro....LMAO!..Hysterical!!!

Texan_Bill
08-14-2008, 04:48 PM
If VY continues to progress, maybe some of you monday morning quarterbacks will realize that you need to stop thinking with your heart and start using your brain.

YES! That's right fools....

Signed,
Hulk75

Double Barrel
08-14-2008, 04:52 PM
Based on what you've seen, watching them play. Which one will give your team a better chance of winning??

That's very subjective, to be honest with you. The Titans have fielded a much better team. How much can be attributed to their QB is one of those perception things, IMO.

I'm no David Carr fan, and he's never put up the rushing numbers VY has(I may be wrong about that), but in the last 2, maybe three years of his career here, he didn't do much to keep our offense on the field.

DC rushed for 299 yards in his best season (2004). VY rushed for 395 last year. Not much of a difference. How would VY have looked behind that crappy o-line that we fielded for a few years?

His first two year...... maybe three, I loved the guy. He was a playmaker.

Then he got scared. He didn't work on his game, to be the best QB he could be.

Time will tell what Vince is going to be. Right now, he's a playmaker, right now, he moves the chains, and keeps his team in the game. & if they never go about getting any real wide recievers, he's probably the best QB for that team.

If he gives up..... Like David did... and stop trying to make things happen, I'll be with you, and try to get him run out of the league.

I know, I know..... Kubiak told David to stop trying to make things happen.

But that's because he sucked at it.

Understandable. I'm not defending DC, and I'm not so much dogging VY. But, when SH uses one standard for DC and another for VY, then I'm just pointing out the inconsistencies. The fact remains that VY was drafted by a good team, that that has as much to do with his TEAM'S success as much as his 30 ints and 22 fumbles the past two seasons.

The point being, we are talking about the position of QB, not the overall success of his team. And as a QB, VY is mediocre at this point in his career, at best, in spite of being "the best QB in the NFL".

Overalls
08-14-2008, 05:02 PM
Would I talk as much trash about Vince "10 Super Bowls atleast" Young if he was on any other team than the ICOU..... NO. Would I have ever cared about or defended YKW if he wasn't a Texan..... NO. But the fact remains I will defend the players of my team as long as they are players on my team and as long as Vince Vick is on the Titans I will continue to talk trash about him. He has done absolutly nothing on the NFL level to earn my respect. I root for almost every former SWC school and was happy for UT when they won the championship but with all the garbage shoved at me because of the 06 draft it would be fine with me that if neither the ICOU or Longhorns ever won another game.

:fans:

thunderkyss
08-14-2008, 05:24 PM
That's very subjective, to be honest with you. The Titans have fielded a much better team. How much can be attributed to their QB is one of those perception things, IMO.

True dat... Team, anyway. They've had a much better defense than we have.

Offensively.... I don't want to go by sack numbers, because..... well, you know. But as far as skilled players, I think we've had better skilled players on offense, with YKW, than Vince has had on his teams.

DC rushed for 299 yards in his best season (2004). VY rushed for 395 last year. Not much of a difference. How would VY have looked behind that crappy o-line that we fielded for a few years?

that's a loaded question. I haven't been shy about wanting to dump DC for VY. I think he would have made our offense look better. We'd have had a duel running threat(well, if he were here when DD was here). He would buy time for our less than stellar #2 wide reciever to get open, and opposing defenses wouldn't have been able to focus on Andre.

One of the biggest problems we had, IMHO, was that our QB ran into defenders. VY doesn't do that.

Understandable. I'm not defending DC, and I'm not so much dogging VY. But, when SH uses one standard for DC and another for VY, then I'm just pointing out the inconsistencies. The fact remains that VY was drafted by a good team, that that has as much to do with his TEAM'S success as much as his 30 ints and 22 fumbles the past two seasons.

Do you think Fischer had misconceptions about Vince Young finishing the year with a 108 passer rating, and a positive TD to INT ratio??

I don't. I'm sure he didn't think it was going to be as bad as it was/is.

But you don't draft a Lendale White, and expect Adrian Peterson results..... if that makes sense to you.

The point being, we are talking about the position of QB, not the overall success of his team. And as a QB, VY is mediocre at this point in his career, at best, in spite of being "the best QB in the NFL".

In the traditional sense of what a QB should be. You're right. Vince Young is not there. But everything he's done since he left high-school suggests that he is going to work on that. He doesn't need anyone to tell him he is not the best QB in the league. He knows that, and he's working on that.

But the fact remains I will defend the players of my team as long as they are players on my team and as long as Vince Vick is on the Titans I will continue to talk trash about him.

And there ain't nothing wrong with that.

Texan_Bill
08-14-2008, 05:37 PM
"What's my Name?!?!?!"

http://sportswrap.berecruited.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/09/vyoung.jpg

xcomputerman
08-14-2008, 06:28 PM
... for me to poop on!

(Hey guys, I'm a little late to the discussion. Carry on.)

Brando
08-14-2008, 06:51 PM
Yes we even accept you Brando ...

I quoted you because you sounded like a caveman.:user:

Titan fan embrace you SecondHoneymoon

Wolf
08-14-2008, 11:18 PM
The Titan new flag flying proud

http://home.houston.rr.com/steelbluetexan/images/bsflag.gif

guess one can pick what it means

Bull*******
Battling Sausage
Bud's Sausage

whatever

Second Honeymoon
08-14-2008, 11:37 PM
Cmon now. VY is being judged by far harsher standards than DC ever was. His numbers havent been there but he helps move the chains and does a lot of stuff. He was dinged last year but that first year he was solid and did you know he ended the season like 2nd in 3rd Down Conversions by rushing...and he had a good ration on overall 3rd down conversions as well. That is what it is all about. Making the big play...and VY has shown all of us that he can make the big play. If you can't admit that, you are blind. So dude can make plays and he just aint playing up to your 'standards'.....Vince hasn't even gone into Season 3 yet....yet you guys act like he should be dropping 30passing TDs and 10rushing TDs annually...like its freaking Nintendo or something. The guy does enough to win. He wasn't asked to do a lot last year because they knew he was dinged and that their WR corps wasn't that good. Their best bet was throwing a bunch of different running backs in there and seeing who could take them down the field. Simple Fisherball.

you hate the guy and are eager to judge only 2 years into his career and one of the years he was dinged up. Period. he was dinged. Anyone could see that. He didn't have the elusiveness post injury. He kept playing because he ain't a meowmeow but he had a rough year. The dude reportedly is playing well in preseason and seems to be settling in nicely under the new OC. That freaking sucks, man. They could easily sweep us again. We still play soft on defense and we still can't punch it in when we get in the red zone.

All this bluster and bravado is really nice in the preseason but we really should beat the guy at least once before we get too drunk on the hate....just my opinion. after all, what do i know about QB play and being able to spot a lemon? Go look up Honeymoon Is Over..my original screen name. That was midway through the 2nd year and I already pinpointed and itemized just about every flaw in Carr's game and mechanics that would prevent him from being a successful QB. I was called crazy and a bad fan...'David was Godz, he beat the Cowgirlz..u r teh uberzest trollz..lolz'..and I eventually ended up getting banned for running my mouth. I let people know that I had a very very reliable source that some of the guys in the locker room were unhappy with his dedication and work ethic at practice and film room. Was accused of fabricating it up.

I am just saying that I have watched enough football to know when a QB is good or bad. It's not that hard. Watch his eyes. Watch his footwork. Watch his release point and trajectory. Carr came up woefully short in all 3 categories yet people were more than happy to give him all the time in teh world and a laundry list of excuses to go along with it...like I said before, if Vince had better stats and they were losing all of you would call him a stat whore and say he sucked. He can't win with you guys so stop acting like you are being objective or impartial. You guys make Merrill Hoge look like Hulk75.

face it most of yall hate VY because....

A.) where he went to college
B.) what he did while in college
C.) where and for whom he plays
D.) all of the above

I would venture to say a fair amount of you are Option D, and I get that. It's what makes football kickarse. The rivalries. True rivalries. A&M and UT. OSU and Michigan. Red Sox and Yankees. Cardinals and Astros would be another more localized huge rivalry that has only relatively recently formed. and the latest TRUE rivalry.....Titans and Texans. That is the game where you do the extra couple shots of Jaegar, you try and procure some of nature's finest for the pre-game tailgate, and you go ahead and just get Pappasito's huge Fiesta Platter To-Go because its time to get hammered and cooking just gets in the way. It's all about making that day the perfect football day of the year....cooking is great but we will leave that to the other 7 games...its time to party...hopefully this year it will be truly perfect and we will get the big win. I want to see VY walk off the field looking like a man that was kicked and beaten.

Maybe outside of the Rivalry forum we can get some more honest assessment of VY's game. If you want to discount the fact that he was probably 70% all last year, that is your prerogative, I am just saying he was pretty damn good his rookie year when healthy and I am sure the guy has a learned a lot these first two seasons. I mean the guy aint Albert Einstein but it doesn't take an Einstein to make it in this league. He has all the tools but he needs to improve his decision making (duh, any 3rd year QB needs to do that), he puts too much air on his deep balls (no jokes please), and he needs to tuck the ball in when he is getting hit and/or attempting to break tackles. Those are his biggest football flaws and you know what they are all fixable and tend to come with maturation and becoming a veteran. Yeah the guy has done/said some stupid stuff but what 20something millionaire hasn't? Give the kid a freaking break.

As a Texans fan, I hope the guy continues to mire in the funk he was in last year, but with Fisher pulling the strings, I think they could make some progress...they also did go out and get a top TE threat that seemed really happy to be with the Titans.

Oh well, here is to hoping that we kick the sh*t out of the Titans this year...VY included. *burns one and gives peace sign*

I love all of us Texans fans and can't wait for the games to matter. We have a chance to win in Pittsburgh on opening day. It can happen. If there is one thing the Texans can do, it is winning Week One. That would be a sweet win.

Blazing Arrow
08-14-2008, 11:46 PM
The Titan new flag flying proud

http://home.houston.rr.com/steelbluetexan/images/bsflag.gif

guess one can pick what it means

Bull*******
Battling Sausage
Bud's Sausage

whatever

12-2

Wolf
08-14-2008, 11:47 PM
I don't hate Vince, I like Vince and I hope does well except in 2 games and maybe 3 if we are in the playoffs.

Media created some of this firestorm.. Vince has about the same numbers as alex Smith and yet.. Alex is considered a bust(in some eyes) and Vince.. well the media says "he just wins" .Vince got the excuses rolling early from the Media (same as Bush)

It will be sweet redemption if Mario continues to do well after all the BS(where is that flag) Texan fans had to go through and much more for Mario over the last few years.. I saw no one say, Mario was injured .. media didn't care and there was no excuses for that.

I just know if the Texans would have been a game away from the playoffs in 06 , I know we would have still heard. "Instead of drafting Mario and they drafted Bush, they would have been in the playoffs"

TheRealJoker
08-15-2008, 06:25 AM
I find it interesting how Rex Grossman was crucified by the fans and media the year he was the QB when the Bears went to the SUPER BOWL but VY is given a pass for a wild card playoff team when he plays worse.

Lets just say that I doubt SH would be defending Grossman 80+ pages....

Wolf
08-15-2008, 11:50 AM
Would I talk as much trash about Vince "10 Super Bowls atleast" Young if he was on any other team than the ICOU..... NO. Would I have ever cared about or defended YKW if he wasn't a Texan..... NO. But the fact remains I will defend the players of my team as long as they are players on my team and as long as Vince Vick is on the Titans I will continue to talk trash about him. He has done absolutly nothing on the NFL level to earn my respect. I root for almost every former SWC school and was happy for UT when they won the championship but with all the garbage shoved at me because of the 06 draft it would be fine with me that if neither the ICOU or Longhorns ever won another game.

so you are saying
http://assets.houstontexans.com/assets/gameday/CAR-Mario-stop-1024.jpg

Double Barrel
08-15-2008, 12:05 PM
Cmon now. VY is being judged by far harsher standards than DC ever was.

You tell us that you had Carr figured out by his second year. So you can judge DC by what he did in two years, but we can't judge VY by the same standards that you use and within the same time frame? Btw, Carr was dinged up in his second year, too! :hmmm:

I'm not defending DC in any way. He is what he is. But, you clearly have biased-colored glasses on when it comes to your boy Young. If he was from any other school, I already doubt that you'd even be in this thread. And while I can understand school allegiances, it is taken into consideration when perusing your perspectives. Carr had the Fresno Mafia doing that for him. Guess Young has the Austin herd on his side.

At this point in his career, VY has proven to be a mediocre QB on a good team. Lots of mediocre QBs have success on good teams, but we never gloss them with sole credit like Young recieves for the Titans' success. These other QBs are just doing their job within a system, but they are not propped up by an inflated sense of greatness from their homer fans.

Besides, if all VY does is 'make plays and wins', why is he 0-2 in the playoffs? Oh, it's the team's fault there, right? But he single handedly got them into the playoffs? Is that the story? :ok:

TexansLucky13
08-15-2008, 12:14 PM
As a former DC homer and apologist, I have to say that I am seeing some distinct parallels here with the VY crowd.

Lucky
08-15-2008, 12:22 PM
Only if Grossman had gone to UT, and not UF.

If I were a Titan fan (shudders), I would find some hope in the hiring of Mike Heimerdinger as OC. Norm Chow has been a top QB coach for years, his work with Jim McMahon, Steve Young, Carson Palmer, and Matt Leinart speaks for itself. But he was never a good fit with Vince Young.

But, Heimerdinger took a running QB in Steve McNair, and turned him into one of the better passers in the NFL. I personally think that McNair was a more gifted passer than Young, but I expect him to make strides under Heimerdinger. That may not be apparent in the stats for '08, as the Titans still lack wide receivers who can get seperation. But for Vince Young's development, I think it was the right move.

Overalls
08-15-2008, 12:46 PM
The Titans lack of faith in Vince Leaf as a passer is very evident in their last two drafts. Even after spending a 2nd on LenDale for the backfield, they end up spending 2 of their top 4 picks on more running backs. Then they even draft another TE before a WR. They know that they are going to have to go with short easy pases and a ground game. That sounds just like Capers plan for Carr. Only difference is that the Titans have a defense to make a simple ball control offense work. We didn't. Although "Vince the Great" also has an O-Line that Carr didn't. Put Vince on the 02 Texans and he would spend more time on the sideline crying then he did last year.

thunderkyss
08-15-2008, 12:48 PM
Media created some of this firestorm.. Vince has about the same numbers as alex Smith and yet.. Alex is considered a bust(in some eyes) and Vince.. well the media says "he just wins" .Vince got the excuses rolling early from the Media (same as Bush)

I find it interesting how Rex Grossman was crucified by the fans and media the year he was the QB when the Bears went to the SUPER BOWL but VY is given a pass for a wild card playoff team when he plays worse.

I don't watch a lot of Chicago Bears football. When I do, the big plays, the plays that make the difference, are on Defense. There QB doesn't scamper for 35 yards into the endzone very often, if at all.

You guys are looking at stat sheets, and judging these guys as if they were the same.

Alex Smith is a bust, because he wouldn't have thrown a touchdown pass(as in Single) in his rookie season had he not played the Houston Texans.

I'm not denying the fact that his fumbles & interceptions hurt his teams chances of winning a game, but it would be just as foolish to think his play making had nothing to do with the teams success.

Sure, Defense won the games. The defense held the opponent to lower scores than the Titans... But the Titans still had to put points on the board, and you can't deny the offense put their fair share up.

You're both absolutely right, if we're talking about stats, VY sucks. But if we're talking about staying on the field, making plays..... Grossman & Alex Smith aren't in the same league with Vince.

Wolf
08-15-2008, 12:56 PM
Vince is dangerous when it is 3rd down and short to medium range because of his ability to get the 1st and keep the drive alive

Honoring Earl 34
08-15-2008, 12:58 PM
The Titans lack of faith in Vince Leaf as a passer is very evident in their last two drafts. Even after spending a 2nd on LenDale for the backfield, they end up spending 2 of their top 4 picks on more running backs. Then they even draft another TE before a WR. They know that they are going to have to go with short easy pases and a ground game. That sounds just like Capers plan for Carr. Only difference is that the Titans have a defense to make a simple ball control offense work. We didn't. Although "Vince the Great" also has an O-Line that Carr didn't. Put Vince on the 02 Texans and he would spend more time on the sideline crying then he did last year.

VY and DC seem to be an OC worst nightmare . I think both start out with bad mechanics , which affect so much . That alone would make me think that they were both drafted to high .

VY is still young so I guess the jury is still out but you have to make plays down field with your arm . The 3rd year is considered the real test so as a Texan fan that knows what happens when the realization sinks in that your franchise QB is not so hot ... I'd love to share that joy with Titan fans .

Honoring Earl 34
08-15-2008, 01:00 PM
I don't watch a lot of Chicago Bears football. When I do, the big plays, the plays that make the difference, are on Defense. There QB doesn't scamper for 35 yards into the endzone very often, if at all.

You guys are looking at stat sheets, and judging these guys as if they were the same.

Alex Smith is a bust, because he wouldn't have thrown a touchdown pass(as in Single) in his rookie season had he not played the Houston Texans.

I'm not denying the fact that his fumbles & interceptions hurt his teams chances of winning a game, but it would be just as foolish to think his play making had nothing to do with the teams success.

Sure, Defense won the games. The defense held the opponent to lower scores than the Titans... But the Titans still had to put points on the board, and you can't deny the offense put their fair share up.

You're both absolutely right, if we're talking about stats, VY sucks. But if we're talking about staying on the field, making plays..... Grossman & Alex Smith aren't in the same league with Vince.

I think it would be a fair question to say the Titans may have been better last year with Collins at QB .

Specnatz
08-15-2008, 01:26 PM
you gotta be crazy to believe that. i am not making excuses for VY, I am just saying that he has done pretty well for only being in the league 2 years and that the different criteria by some fans is dubious at best. Carr sucked donkey sausage for 5 years yet people still thought it was everyone elses fault and we enjoyed no team success to speak of. Young has been at least average and has been a difference maker in some games and they have enjoyed team success, yet some of you say he sucks and dont think he belongs in the league. Why the different criteria? What did Carr do for you that gained such allegiance?

spec, I am tough on players when they screw up and I have taken VY to task for his off the field shenanigans but the guy played hurt all of last year (not an excuse) and still managed to stay int he game and HELP lead his team to the playoffs. Whether you agree or not, its a fact. If Young was that bad they wouldn't have even gotten a sniff. Oh and when you mention running production, you must realize that VY counts in that equation too. Fisher's offense has rarely been pass happy so dont be surprised if Young doesnt have huge stats even if he takes the next step in his progression and continues to improve.

some of us Texans fans just seem to think our **** dont stink and that teams that dominate us on an annual basis somehow suck or that they just got lucky or whatever the excuse is today.

once again, VY has beaten the Texans....period...end of story. Why don't we focus more of our hatred on us having such a sucky defensive coordinator and how we still have yet to find a RB worthy of mention going into Year 7 of hte franchise. If we were a good team and were compiling winning records and playoff appearances, tha tis one thing....but were not...so any charges of 'you suck' or 'VY blows' or whatever is just what it is...sour grapes.

lets fix our own house before we try and criticize other people's....or you risk looking like petulant little children who are whining about the bully but dont do anything to try and get back at him where it counts.

You say your tough but fair? Really? You called for Kubiack and Rick Smith to be fire last year at the very beginning of the season (about 3 games into) because Mario did not have a lot of sacks and you along with a host of other Monday morning quarterbacks did not believe Kubiak when he said Mario was the teams most consistant Defensive player and that it just has not showed up in the stat sheet yet.YOu gave him no time what so ever, you were calling it a huge mistake, hell you said that before he took a snap. In 2006 you went off and called the organization a lot of names, imagine that the same damn thing you did after the team drafted Brown. You were not the only one wanting everyone fired after the drafting of Brown, but hey lets at least let them play one season maybe two since that is what you give all players who did not goto ut.

Oh let me get to this vy played pretty well and led them to the playoff. First off what in the hell is your definition of played pretty well. 17 int and 9 TD is not my definition of playing pretty well. Heath Shuller is thinking if that is playing pretty well he has a shot of coming back into the league. David Klingler is eyeing a comeback if that is what is considered a starting QB material. I am almost positive (with a +/- of .01% margin for error) that 99.8% of the people posting on this board will ever say Trent Dilfer led the Blatimore Ravens to a Super Bowl win. That is about as much as vy had to do with the titans getting into the playoffs.

Honoring Earl 34
08-15-2008, 01:42 PM
Oh let me get to this vy played pretty well and led them to the playoff. First off what in the hell is your definition of played pretty well. 17 int and 9 TD is not my definition of playing pretty well. Heath Shuller is thinking if that is playing pretty well he has a shot of coming back into the league. David Klingler is eyeing a comeback if that is what is considered a starting QB material. I am almost positive (with a +/- of .01% margin for error) that 99.8% of the people posting on this board will ever say Trent Dilfer led the Blatimore Ravens to a Super Bowl win. That is about as much as vy had to do with the titans getting into the playoffs.

Scattered thoughts .

I think VY makes plays with his feet , but it takes alot more than that to be a great QB .

I see the Titans using him like the Broncos used Elway in the Reeves era , keep it close and try to win it at the end . The problem is VY is'nt close to being the passer that Elway was and running will keep him injured .

If you had to choose a QB for 2008 and your choices were Sage , Schaub , and VY who do you take ?

Second Honeymoon
08-15-2008, 02:21 PM
You tell us that you had Carr figured out by his second year. So you can judge DC by what he did in two years, but we can't judge VY by the same standards that you use and within the same time frame? Btw, Carr was dinged up in his second year, too! :hmmm:

I'm not defending DC in any way. He is what he is. But, you clearly have biased-colored glasses on when it comes to your boy Young. If he was from any other school, I already doubt that you'd even be in this thread. And while I can understand school allegiances, it is taken into consideration when perusing your perspectives. Carr had the Fresno Mafia doing that for him. Guess Young has the Austin herd on his side.

At this point in his career, VY has proven to be a mediocre QB on a good team. Lots of mediocre QBs have success on good teams, but we never gloss them with sole credit like Young recieves for the Titans' success. These other QBs are just doing their job within a system, but they are not propped up by an inflated sense of greatness from their homer fans.

Besides, if all VY does is 'make plays and wins', why is he 0-2 in the playoffs? Oh, it's the team's fault there, right? But he single handedly got them into the playoffs? Is that the story? :ok:

Young has shown more of an ability to make plays than Carr ever did. He is not where he needs to be but he is already helping lead a winning team and they are having team success. Carr never did anything like that...he sucked from Day One....

my point is that I can tell when a QB is going to suck and have problems. I don't see that with Vince. Vince has all the tools he just has to refine them and improve his decision making. Carr never had anything and never showed anything except the ability to tuck and get sacked.

Second Honeymoon
08-15-2008, 02:23 PM
As a former DC homer and apologist, I have to say that I am seeing some distinct parallels here with the VY crowd.

wrong. one team sucked the big one while the other team wins.

one guy (VY) has shown the ability to make plays and help his team win football games. the other guy just sucks (Carr).

that being said, I wouldn't expect anything less of you. as a true Aggie, you know you can't get behind anything UT. If you were around back in the day, you would ahve probably hated Earl too....and there is nothing wrong with that.

Second Honeymoon
08-15-2008, 02:25 PM
Vince is dangerous when it is 3rd down and short to medium range because of his ability to get the 1st and keep the drive alive

wow, objectivity and the ability to look at something other than the stats from the newspaper. good job wolf.

Double Barrel
08-15-2008, 02:30 PM
Young has shown more of an ability to make plays than Carr ever did. He is not where he needs to be but he is already helping lead a winning team and they are having team success. Carr never did anything like that...he sucked from Day One....

my point is that I can tell when a QB is going to suck and have problems. I don't see that with Vince. Vince has all the tools he just has to refine them and improve his decision making. Carr never had anything and never showed anything except the ability to tuck and get sacked.

With that said, we'll have to just respectfully agree to disagree. You can continue to slam DC with one set of standards and prop up VY with another. We are all entitled to our perspectives.

p.s. It took DC over three years to get his OC fired. VY did it in two, so yeah, he's got Carr beat there, too. :shades:

Second Honeymoon
08-15-2008, 02:35 PM
You say your tough but fair? Really? You called for Kubiack and Rick Smith to be fire last year at the very beginning of the season (about 3 games into) because Mario did not have a lot of sacks and you along with a host of other Monday morning quarterbacks did not believe Kubiak when he said Mario was the teams most consistant Defensive player and that it just has not showed up in the stat sheet yet.YOu gave him no time what so ever, you were calling it a huge mistake, hell you said that before he took a snap. In 2006 you went off and called the organization a lot of names, imagine that the same damn thing you did after the team drafted Brown. You were not the only one wanting everyone fired after the drafting of Brown, but hey lets at least let them play one season maybe two since that is what you give all players who did not goto ut.

i never called for Kubes to be fired 3 games into the season. they were 2-1 for crying out loud. if memory serves me it was after the Jaguars game that I called out Kubiak, Mario, and Richard Smith. We had lost to the Falcons and barely beat the Dolphins and then we just sleepwalked through the Jaguars game. the team flatlined and they showed no fire...Mario wasn't getting separation and was dancing with OTs...Mario played better as the season went along and we beat some of the teams we were supposed to be beat as things went forward. Thus you didn't hear me complain....and you know what. If we still can't find a running game and if our defense still can't put pressure on the QB, I am going to criticize the coaching again. You may be happy being an AFC South doormat, but I am not. 8-8 was a step in the right direction but that was with a 7-3 non-division schedule....we gotta start beating teams in our division (and not on the last day of the season when teams have nothing to play for) before we can really start talking any legit smack towards Titans, Jags, or Colts.

i have NEVER called for Rick Smith to be fired..not even once. I called for Richard Smith to be fired and still do to this day. the defense still sucks.....so crucify me. Rick Smith's biggest problem is that he hasn't been successful at finding a good group of RBs and we it looks like we are going to have another crappy group at RB...again. Other than RB, Rick has done an exemplary job at fixing the cap situation, cutting out the dead weight (thanks for firing DC Rick), and for showing much more draft pick acumen than crater face Casserley ever did.

love ya though spec and I hope the whole 'shirt' thing in Austin never grabs ahold of ya.

Specnatz
08-15-2008, 02:36 PM

You are absolutely 100% Fing right. An INT is making a play, its just that it is a bad play.

Honoring Earl 34
08-15-2008, 02:38 PM
With that said, we'll have to just respectfully agree to disagree. You can continue to slam DC with one set of standards and prop up VY with another. We are all entitled to our perspectives.

p.s. It took DC over three years to get his OC fired. VY did it in two, so yeah, he's got Carr beat there, too. :shades:

I think DC made alot of plays running early on but you can only do that so many times . In fact unless I'm mistaken , Kubiak told him to take his five yards and keep them thinking about the run .

Blazing Arrow
08-15-2008, 02:46 PM
If you had to choose a QB for 2008 and your choices were Sage , Schaub , and VY who do you take ?

CloakNNNdagger
08-15-2008, 02:49 PM

I can appreciate your untapped ability, but this is one interpretation of performance which must have some deep underlying bias, in that thus far VY has shown himself to be exactly what Specnatz has documented. His performance, thus far in many ways has been as embarassing as what Texans fans were exposed to with David Carr. We will find out in time if David Carr and VY have left their "best days" behind in college.

Honoring Earl 34
08-15-2008, 02:50 PM

Looking at VY's stats ... I dunno .

http://www.nfl.com/players/vinceyoung/profile?id=YOU617196

Honoring Earl 34
08-15-2008, 02:53 PM
I can appreciate your untapped ability, but this is one interpretation of performance which must have some deep underlying bias, in that thus far VY has shown himself to be exactly what Specnatz has documented. His performance, thus far in many ways has been as embarassing as what Texans fans were exposed to with David Carr. We will find out in time if David Carr and VY have left their "best days" behind in college.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oOpIfbneeHg

Blazing Arrow
08-15-2008, 02:55 PM
http://www.nfl.com/players/vinceyoung/profile?id=YOU617196

Young is raw and has potential to be a very good weapon in the NFL. He has shows he can be a game breaker.

Shammy has proven nothing other then he takes hits like a champ and though he can get the ball out and not take the sack does it at the cost of his body. If he roles though TN and Jacksonville the way he did last year he will not play more then 10 games. I would not be surprised if he gets injured again and starts getting gun shy about hits.

Sage has prove he can back up at a decent level but nothing more.

BTW - Young is 0-1 in the playoffs not the before mentioned 0-2.

Honoring Earl 34
08-15-2008, 02:59 PM
Young is raw and has potential to be a very good weapon in the NFL. He has shows he can be a game breaker.

Shammy has proven nothing other then he takes hits like a champ and though he can get the ball out and not take the sack does it at the cost of his body. If he roles though TN and Jacksonville the way he did last year he will not play more then 10 games. I would not be surprised if he gets injured again and starts getting gun shy about hits.

Sage has prove he can back up at a decent level but nothing more.

OK ... none of them have really proven anything over a season . Weapon is different from a QB .

Blazing Arrow
08-15-2008, 03:04 PM
OK ... none of them have really proven anything over a season . Weapon is different from a QB .

What people keep avoiding is his first year's rushing TDs and yards. Total yards and total TDs really need to be thought about when looking at Young. Last year he had a bad season yes but the year prior he came through when we needed him. I do not need to bring up the first game in Houston do I?

The game against the Giants? Yeah Pacman got us the ball but getting us the ball does not put 21 points on the board.

When we needed Young most he has come up like a star. Stats mean very little if you are clutch.

Honoring Earl 34
08-15-2008, 03:09 PM
What people keep avoiding is his first year's rushing TDs and yards. Total yards and total TDs really need to be thought about when looking at Young. Last year he had a bad season yes but the year prior he came through when we needed him. I do not need to bring up the first game in Houston do I?

The game against the Giants? Yeah Pacman got us the ball but getting us the ball does not put 21 points on the board.

When we needed Young most he has come up like a star. Stats mean very little if you are clutch.

A rushing QB is much different from a scrambling QB . I consider McNair a scrambling QB so the only rushing QB that I can remember in a SB is David Woodley . Point is he's gotta pass better .

hadaad
08-15-2008, 03:12 PM

You didn't need Young in the playoffs?

Blazing Arrow
08-15-2008, 03:20 PM
You didn't need Young in the playoffs?

Young was hurt. We could have used him yes but with out the ability to run for 1st against SD's D we were going to have a tough time. As a team we played well against the Chargers to the point LT and Rivers were pouting on the bench at half time.

TD
08-15-2008, 04:37 PM
Young was hurt. We could have used him yes but with out the ability to run for 1st against SD's D we were going to have a tough time. As a team we played well against the Chargers to the point LT and Rivers were pouting on the bench at half time.

Every player in the game should have been pouting at 1/2 time. That was easily the fugliest half of playoff football I've ever seen. Looked like two teams desperate to start their off season.

TexansLucky13
08-15-2008, 05:32 PM
that being said, I wouldn't expect anything less of you. as a true Aggie, you know you can't get behind anything UT. If you were around back in the day, you would ahve probably hated Earl too....and there is nothing wrong with that.

I don't dislike Vince because he is from UT, at least not anymore. I do because he is a Titan, and an enemy of the Texans team that I love. Personally I don't see him as a great QB, but of course you disagree... and that's what this thread is about.

You brought up A&M, not me. I have done a lot growing up in this past year, but it looks like you haven't. You will always feel the way you do about Aggies, and you don't care to change.... and for that I pity you. I really do.

Second Honeymoon
08-15-2008, 05:36 PM
I don't dislike Vince because he is from UT, at least not anymore. I do because he is a Titan, and an enemy of the Texans team that I love. Personally I don't see him as a great QB, but of course you disagree... and that's what this thread is about.

You brought up A&M, not me. I have done a lot growing up in this past year, but it looks like you haven't. You will always feel the way you do about Aggies, and you don't care to change.... and for that I pity you. I really do.

fwiw - i was giving you props as a true aggie.

thunderkyss
08-15-2008, 05:45 PM
Would it be fair to compare Vince Young's stats with McNabb's & McNair's??

Or John Elway, or Steve Young??

Honoring Earl 34
08-15-2008, 05:46 PM

Kubiak was accused by some for not drafting VY because he was from Texas .

Double Barrel
08-15-2008, 06:03 PM

I could probably search this forum's database and find almost the exact same quote from the Fresno Mafia.

Schaub was injured from actually getting hit.

Young was injured from...running out of bounds?

My mistake. I had assumed that since VY is such an amazing playmaker and all he does is win that they must have gone to the playoffs both years.

Regardless, at 0-1, it's obvious that all he does is win...except when he's losing.

Young was hurt. We could have used him yes but with out the ability to run for 1st against SD's D we were going to have a tough time.

The hallmark of a great quarterback is, of course, running? :ok:

I just wonder why his leadership skills didn't kick in and why the rest of the team wasn't inspired by his mere presence.

Second Honeymoon
08-15-2008, 06:12 PM
Kubiak was accused by some for not drafting VY because he was from Texas .

I won't go that far but if VY had been an Aggie, been the same pro prospect and had done what VY did for The University of Texas (win 2 Rose Bowls), I think one would have to agree that its more than possible that Kubes would have drafted Vince in a heartbeat. I don't feel being a Longhorn made a big difference but if had been an Aggie in same situation,pedigree,college career it probably wouldn't have played out like it did. And I wouldn't expect anything else from Kubiak. You go with what you are comfortable with and I think Kubes would have been more than comfortable with VY if he had been a fellow alum and folk hero from College Station instead of Austin. Kubiak chose Carr as his starter...and we have been paying for it ever since irregardless of your stance on whether VY is a subpar winning NFL quarterback.

Personally I think VY would have really excelled here and would have benefited from far more help at WR (obviously) and even TE.

TexansLucky13
08-15-2008, 06:13 PM

If by "true Aggie" you mean that I exhibit all of the stereotypes you give to Aggies, then you are wrong. I am not that type of person, and most people at A&M aren't. Unfortunately there are a number of people who do have those characteristics, and then there are people like you who spread stereotypes.

TheRealJoker
08-15-2008, 06:32 PM

If you did you would know that SB season Rex was hot/cold. When he was hot points went up on the board. People forget at the beginning of that season there was a SB commercial with him and Berrian for this reason. "I'll vote for you if you vote for me." It isn't very often that Vince put points up on the board. But like Grossman, he did commit turnovers that cost his team football games.

PS: Grossman QBed his team to more wins that season than Vince.

*Cue the Gator fans coming on this thread saying "all Rex does is win!!!"*

thunderkyss
08-15-2008, 06:45 PM
PS: Grossman QBed his team to more wins that season than Vince.

*Cue the Gator fans coming on this thread saying "all Rex does is win!!!"*

And that's probably why Rex is still on that team, competing for a starting Job, regardless what the talking heads, and we Monday morning types think.

Goldensilence
08-15-2008, 06:47 PM
And that's probably why Rex is still on that team, competing for a starting Job, regardless what the talking heads, and we Monday morning types think.

I'd vote lack of a better alternative.

Blazing Arrow
08-15-2008, 07:14 PM
Every player in the game should have been pouting at 1/2 time. That was easily the fugliest half of playoff football I've ever seen. Looked like two teams desperate to start their off season.

It looked like a team that did not respect the team that they were playing and wanted to be cocky about it. Then got there arses handed to the on the field defensively. LT lost is pacifier at one point and Rivers took the time to insult anyone that would listen to him.

Seems every season I lose more respect for the Chargers.

TEXANRED
08-15-2008, 07:32 PM
In contrast, Vince looked good, mobile, and more in control than last year. Crumpler looks like a good fit for VY as well. I wouldn't be surprised if VY shuts all the haters up this season. It's funny how VY has proven to be a winning QB and yet people hate on him and dissect his game while the same guys were making excuse after excuse for David Carr and acting like the guy was great and slamming anyone who dared call him out for the garbage QB that he was. Same people but two totally different measures of success, potential, and promise.

Dude, you're killing me.

Some people just hate Vince Young for winning the National Championship. Hell most Aggies cant even spell National Championship much less remember a time when they were relevant in the national picture, so I can understand their jealousy and blind hatred. These same Aggie fans used to champion Bucky Richardson's game and that dude couldn't hit the broadside of a barn.

Maybe Texans fans should wait till we actually beat Vince Young's team on the field before we start talking about how much he sucks or how he is so bad at QB.

Negative Ghost Rider. Most Texan fans hate VY cus he's a TITAN!!!!

Why is this so difficult to understand?

This is the NFL board, not the NCAA board.

HJam72
08-15-2008, 07:44 PM
Only problem I have with VY is that he is the reason that Titans games are aired in Austin, instead of Texans games. I have the same problem with Cowboys games all over the SA area. It's not even about individual players, really. I just wish both of those teams would go on some nice, long losing streaks for a couple of decades or so. I can't see Texans preseason games, and sometimes even regular season games, but I can watch every minute of Cowboys freaking training camp when Dallas is like a 7 hour drive away. It would help in my area if the Texans would start having some winning seasons. I'm still waiting...

PS-I just noticed my avatar, lol.

xcomputerman
08-15-2008, 08:57 PM
I just wanted to point out that VY is on FOX right now, and after two years of experience, he still looks like a marginal backup NFL quarterback at best.

awtysst
08-15-2008, 09:02 PM
VInce stats: 4/10 for 37 yards, 1 rush for 4yds, and he has been sacked once. I am not a Vince hater(nor a VInce homer) but these are not good stats. Plus, when you actually sit down and watch him you will see him throwing off his back foot, sailing passes, and leading his receivers out of bounds. Vince needs to make some major improvements or D's will just stack the box and dare Vince to throw on them.

aj.
08-15-2008, 09:08 PM
From someone who didn't attend UT or A&M, Vince Young looks dazed and confused against the 'mighty' Raiders defense.

b0ng
08-15-2008, 09:11 PM
He's looking like just a guy right now. Although this is only preseason. But if the Titans are concentrating on Vince passing, and this is what they are getting, that's not good.

b0ng
08-15-2008, 09:12 PM
Chris Johnson does look like a great talent though.

CloakNNNdagger
08-15-2008, 09:16 PM
Chris Johnson does look like a great talent though.

If it turns out VY "is what he is," they're going to need Johnson to be a great talent.

b0ng
08-15-2008, 09:25 PM
If it turns out VY "is what he is," they're going to need Johnson to be a great talent.

It's tough to tell because they are using Johnson vs the second stringers it looks like. I'm wondering if that speed translates when the games are real and the players are keyed in on you (Much like how Jacoby Jones did in the preseason vs the regular season).

VY's ending stats: 4/13 37yds

b0ng
08-15-2008, 09:29 PM
It looks like Collins is the FAR superior QB on the Titans.

CloakNNNdagger
08-15-2008, 09:38 PM
It looks like Collins is the FAR superior QB on the Titans.

Was there any doubt??????

And Mc Fadden sure looks like he has the tools to "make it happen."

aj.
08-15-2008, 09:43 PM
It's tough to tell because they are using Johnson vs the second stringers it looks like. I'm wondering if that speed translates when the games are real and the players are keyed in on you (Much like how Jacoby Jones did in the preseason vs the regular season).

I think teams will catch up to that up the middle stuff when things get real. But he is one to watch.

Overalls
08-15-2008, 10:08 PM
I can't believe all you haters. Y'all know that every one of those Vince Leaf incompletions were due to the fact that Vince doesn't have a WR that is close to the level of greatness he is. He who just wins will be throwing to himself next week.

b0ng
08-15-2008, 10:11 PM
I think teams will catch up to that up the middle stuff when things get real. But he is one to watch.

He sure as hell looks like he's going to be a tough bugger to catch. He doesn't seem to go down on the first hit which is really something that all of our RB's lack.

But yeah, I don't think that he's going to look like this in the regular season, but I'm willing to bet he will impress more than a few times.

Honoring Earl 34
08-15-2008, 10:25 PM
Now this sounds familar .

http://forums.titansonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=37860

TexanSam
08-15-2008, 10:36 PM
God Young should get some pointers from David Carr on how to throw a great screen/sideline pass. With Chris Johnson that's about the only thing he'll be able to throw competently.

Of course, watching VY, he might not even be able to throw that.

TheRealJoker
08-15-2008, 11:13 PM
Vince trying to play qb definately isn't helping SH out any...

Absolutely terrible, this is the "improvement" we've heard about now that Heimerdinger has taken over for Chow?

Plus his center future HOFer Kevin Mawae has already come out and said he cant grasp an NFL playbook...

VY homers are the greatest trolls alive, they claim he's God's gift to football and deep down I know they dont believe that but I still respond anyways!!!

CloakNNNdagger
08-15-2008, 11:22 PM
Vince trying to play qb definately isn't helping SH out any...

Absolutely terrible, this is the "improvement" we've heard about now that Heimerdinger has taken over for Chow?

Plus his center future HOFer Kevin Mawae has already come out and said he cant grasp an NFL playbook...

VY homers are the greatest trolls alive, they claim he's God's gift to football and deep down I know they dont believe that but I still respond anyways!!!

I can hardly wait until he goes against a team that has a good D. I think that if that happens, against his mentoring he will instinctly deteriorate and run himself into oblivion.

ChampionTexan
08-15-2008, 11:33 PM
http://dipity.s3.amazonaws.com/uploads/events/90d4d44dc53b04c4a63b016babae65fc.jpg

Leave VY alone!

Signed,
RJ

b0ng
08-15-2008, 11:43 PM
Countdown to Blazing Arrow coming in and trying to spin VY's game as being awesome because he kept the dominant Raiders 1st stringers in check all game.

Cause you know it's going to happen.

awtysst
08-16-2008, 01:03 AM
I love the fact that Vince is struggling. With him struggling, the Sports Talking heads will talk more and more about him and forget how much of a bust I have been since getting into the league. Oh, and that quote I said to the newspapers about not being a bust, you have seen my stats. I stink!

Signed,
http://www.reggiebush25.com/reggie-bush-9.jpg

PapaL
08-16-2008, 01:14 AM
Seems like TEN should have tried to trade for #4

Señor Stan
08-16-2008, 08:30 AM
Now this sounds familar .

That thread is sweet!

4 0f 13 for 37 really!! That's not gonna get it done in the AFC south!!!

This looks like a continuation of last year. Totally uninspired offense.

I have been a big Vince Young fan and I know it is only pre season and the game does not matter,but I think if Vince can't get it together this year we should look elsewhere next year for a starting Quarterback.I mean he has had enough time I feel to get it together but he is still throwing poorly and not placing his feet right most of the time he throws.Oh well,it's not just Vince,the receivers need to make the catches and the front line needs to block better

VY doesnt plant his feet. One of his passes in the 1st Q he had his right leg off the ground before he threw. Looked like he was bowling. you cant be a Qb like that.

I've been a VY supporter for quite a while. I've defended him numerous times. Tonight, I hang my head in shame. It wasn't the coaching. It wasn't the recievers (although they were bad too). Vince Young, for all his great "improved footwork", can't throw an NFL pass.

He's simply not an NFL quarterback. The only way to salvage something from him would be to actually open the offense up to an option scheme, and there is no way Iron-fist Fisher would allow that.

Tonight is honestly the first time I've looked out there and thought to myself..."Cutler.... Leinart....hmmmmm

i did a search hoping to find other starting qb's around the league who had bad outings, thinking it doesn't really matter, it's only preseason, nobody takes these games seriously... and that may still be true, but at the same time, nearly every other starting qb's numbers in preseason games thus far are very solid

i'm a huge vy fan...and even i'm a little discouraged at this point. what's going on??

C'MON VINCE!

http://forums.titansonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=37860[/QUOTE]

and finally, I love this quote...

And Texas(sic) has built a monster unit meant to kill Peyton Manning- DeMeco Ryans, MArio Williams and crew will have a hand in VY's face all game long.

That message board sounds like this one did back after the the '05 season. NO ONE is defending or backing VY.

No. one.

Second Honeymoon needs to set up an account and set them straight about the undeniable-irrefutable--I mean Bud Adams needs to get on board with UT and retire #10 like right now before Roger Goodell goes all Bud Selig and Jackie Robinson and retires it for the whole NFL first - uberawesomeness of VY.

HJam72
08-16-2008, 08:49 AM
Now, people. You know that if we got Vince Young, he would be the best thing to happen to this team in a while, because we really need a starter at runningback.

thunderkyss
08-16-2008, 10:29 AM
I really hope we beat him this year. As much crap that is talked in this thread..... I'd hate to think someone that bad...... not even worthy of being an NFL back-up keeps beating us.

I'd really hate for him to make the game winning touchdown on a 15 yard scamper.

toronto
08-16-2008, 10:37 AM
I had the joy of getting paid to cover this game last nite and create the hilite pack. A Titan fan covering his boys. Life is sweet.

VY looks a wreck. He has no timing, and his footwork is like a 4 year old waiting for cookies.

His ball sails, even on simple slants. Dinger has a miracle to perform IMO, because as a throwing QB, his pupil is way off right now...WAY OFF.

Wolf
08-16-2008, 11:52 AM
oh wow I remember those days

http://forums.titansonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=37881

title of thread "Post all VY excuses here..."

Maybe we should all just let Vince be Vince. I mean he has the IT, remember? You can't teach that..

He did not take the Coriolis Effect into account!!!

:lol:

on a serious note, here is to being good except when he plays us

Overalls
08-16-2008, 12:06 PM
How about this...

Yeah... the crowd showered Vince with boos when he left the field tonight - not a good sign. He has no excuses though; he should have been better.

Or....

and with the 5th overall pick ... The Titans select from University of Illinois ... QB Juice Williams

This is fun....

I can't make any excuses for VY tonight, he just flat out stunk it up. Dropped passes are one thing, but to drop a pass it has to at least get close enough to catch it.

More like a duck...

If his production doesn't increase, and he doesn't start picking up the offense, I don't see the Titans paying a mediocre (at best) QB 7.5 Mill.

Therefore, I say that unless VY makes some drastic improvements, next year could be his swan song.

Fun stuff

Wolf
08-16-2008, 12:17 PM
eerie similar to some discussions on the main board a few years back

We could save them some bandwidth or maybe take some old DC threads and give it to them..(meaning the discussions back and forth).. all they would have to do is change the name

Double Barrel
08-16-2008, 12:37 PM
Heimerdinger is obviously a hack and should be fired. If you can't work with the vast, unlimited potential of "the best QB in the NFL" when all he does is win (except when he's losing) and his stellar leadership qualities, then perhaps you should seek employment as a janitor or something.

As far as VY's performance, everyone can see that the team failed him. They are all lucky that he's got a heart made of of gold-covered kittens with tails dipped in milk chocolate, because otherwise he'd providing roundhouse kicks to all their grills for being such abject losers in his divine presence.

b0ng
08-16-2008, 12:55 PM
There is a surprising lack of the Dream, Blazing Arrow, and Childress79 in this thread to defend their "at da club" hero.

TheRealJoker
08-16-2008, 01:10 PM
I really hope we beat him this year. As much crap that is talked in this thread..... I'd hate to think someone that bad...... not even worthy of being an NFL back-up keeps beating us.

I'd really hate for him to make the game winning touchdown on a 15 yard scamper.

Yeah, I cant believe people are talking so bad about their top notch DEF/ST/HC that happens to be winning these games in spite of their qb.

BSofA04
08-16-2008, 01:52 PM
My how the tides have turned. How will the tack fans react when VY leads them to an 8-8 or worse record? Regression appears inevitable.

ChampionTexan
08-16-2008, 01:57 PM
My how the tides have turned. How will the tack fans react when VY leads them to an 8-8 or worse record? Regression appears inevitable.

As the posts from the Tacks board indicate, there seems to be a decent percentage of their fans who get it, and are expressing a great degree of concern, and are quite anxious right now - I like those folks.

The VY nuthuggers are only a subset of Titans fans, or in many cases not even that - just VY fans who will move on to something else in a year or two (or however many it is) when there's a new QB in N'ville.

Mr teX
08-16-2008, 02:27 PM
oh wow I remember those days

title of thread "Post all VY excuses here..."

:lol:

on a serious note, here is to being good except when he plays us

Blaming the O-line, WRs, Coaching......yeah, all of that reads familiar. Some of them were are even in the 1st stages of denial & as we all know, the 1st step in rehabilitation is admitting that you have a problem on your hands.

You guys think we should go ahead & tell them that it's gonna get worse before it gets better? Or should we just sit back & laugh as they hit rock bottom with the situation?

Yeah, those were stupid questions, lol!

CloakNNNdagger
08-16-2008, 03:24 PM
Now, people. You know that if we got Vince Young, he would be the best thing to happen to this team in a while, because we really need a starter at runningback.

RUN, FOREST RUN..............

http://espn-att.starwave.com/media/ncf/2005/0910/photo/a_young_372.jpg

Blazing Arrow
08-16-2008, 03:33 PM
There is a surprising lack of the Dream, Blazing Arrow, and Childress79 in this thread to defend their "at da club" hero.

A bold move ...

whiskeyrbl
08-16-2008, 03:37 PM
Blaming the O-line, WRs, Coaching......yeah, all of that reads familiar. Some of them were are even in the 1st stages of denial & as we all know, the 1st step in rehabilitation is admitting that you have a problem on your hands.

You guys think we should go ahead & tell them that it's gonna get worse before it gets better? Or should we just sit back & laugh as they hit rock bottom with the situation?

Yeah, those were stupid questions, lol!

Sit back and laugh. Vy is no better now than he was 3 years ago. But like us with DC they can use the excuse he is learning a new system for the next two years. And they better hope their defense stays a top 5, or they will be a sub .500 team again.

ChildressTitanMan
08-16-2008, 03:46 PM

Been too busy to keep up with life in the West.

i've been living in the land of milk & curry since June the 6th(counting the days)

& will be here until the 26th of Sept.Bandwidth is so poor I can't even listen to internet radio.

Even so I've never been one to let a pre-season game cloud my view about which team will be propping up the South again this year.:BananaWav :popcorn:

b0ng
08-16-2008, 03:46 PM
A bold move ...

I would absolutely love to hear your thoughts on this particular subject.

EDIT: There's the posters I was looking for.

So what do you guys think of Vince Young's footwork?

steelbtexan
08-16-2008, 04:40 PM
Lets start a pool (date) that VY throws Heimerdinger under the bus.

$1 per entry (all proceeds go to Gary's golf tournament).

Second Honeymoon
08-17-2008, 12:29 PM
Heimerdinger is obviously a hack and should be fired. If you can't work with the vast, unlimited potential of "the best QB in the NFL" when all he does is win (except when he's losing) and his stellar leadership qualities, then perhaps you should seek employment as a janitor or something.

As far as VY's performance, everyone can see that the team failed him. They are all lucky that he's got a heart made of of gold-covered kittens with tails dipped in milk chocolate, because otherwise he'd providing roundhouse kicks to all their grills for being such abject losers in his divine presence.

i know this is the rivalry forum, but this type of hyperbole and exaggeration is just ridiculous. no one has ever said he is the best QB in the NFL (regardless of thread title) and frankly I can't remember anyone even saying the guy was an elite QB. All some of the more objective people have said is that it is very early in his progression and conventional wisdom didn't have him even starting until his 2nd year...and we havent even started the 3rd but people still whine and piss and moan about how VY hasn't crapped out a golden brick in the shape of the lombardi trophy yet....i guess if he was white and a good ole christian boy like DC was, all of you would falling over yourselves to slap the guy on the back and say 'its ok VY, its everyone elses' fault.. but whatever, keep the homering and battlered koolaid coming....it really did wonders during the DC era.

TEXANRED
08-17-2008, 12:39 PM
i know this is the rivalry forum, but this type of hyperbole and exaggeration is just ridiculous. no one has ever said he is the best QB in the NFL (regardless of thread title) and frankly I can't remember anyone even saying the guy was an elite QB.
No, no one at all. He was just voted AP rookie of the year, given the Madden cover, Nike, Reebok, Power Aid, NFL network, and numerous Tattoo parlor endorsements. ESPN has done nothing but sing his praises and rides his jock hard during the season.

All some of the more objective people have said is that it is very early in his progression and conventional wisdom didn't have him even starting until his 2nd year...and we havent even started the 3rd but people still whine and piss and moan about how VY hasn't crapped out a golden brick in the shape of the lombardi trophy yet....i guess if he was white and a good ole christian boy like DC was, all of you would falling over yourselves to slap the guy on the back and say 'its ok VY, its everyone elses' fault.. but whatever, keep the homering and battlered koolaid coming....it really did wonders during the DC era.

Now we are going to play the race card? And b/c he's black he's not a Christian? Nice.

You just need to admit that you love VY like some love DC and then realize that VY and DC suck equally.

And stay away from sharp objects when you come to that realization.

Hervoyel
08-17-2008, 12:39 PM
i know this is the rivalry forum, but this type of hyperbole and exaggeration is just ridiculous. no one has ever said he is the best QB in the NFL (regardless of thread title) and frankly I can't remember anyone even saying the guy was an elite QB. All some of the more objective people have said is that it is very early in his progression and conventional wisdom didn't have him even starting until his 2nd year...and we havent even started the 3rd but people still whine and piss and moan about how VY hasn't crapped out a golden brick in the shape of the lombardi trophy yet....i guess if he was white and a good ole christian boy like DC was, all of you would falling over yourselves to slap the guy on the back and say 'its ok VY, its everyone elses' fault.. but whatever, keep the homering and battlered koolaid coming....it really did wonders during the DC era.

Come on man, you've got your windmill and they have theirs. You were talking crap about Carr long before anyone was certain how bad he was and you were eventually proven right. That others are doing similar stuff to Vince Young (with a heaping helping of sarcasm thrown in about his supposedly divine abilities) and your taking exception to it is absolutely rich.

Brando
08-17-2008, 12:42 PM

Apparently the guys on the Fox pregame show did last year(hence the title of the thread).

Most football fans don't care what religion or race the QB is but to you and some others on this board it's an apparent issue.

Lucky
08-17-2008, 01:13 PM
...i guess if he was white and a good ole christian boy like DC was, all of you would falling over yourselves to slap the guy on the back and say 'its ok VY, its everyone elses' fault...
So if you're a Vince Young "hater", you're probably an Aggie, a racist, a stats nerd, or possibly all of the above. And you call other posters ridiculous?

The exaggeration and hyperbole from the anti-Vince crowd is a backlash resulting from the exaggeration and hyperbole spewing from the pro-Vince throng since the '06 Rose Bowl. It got old hearing what a mistake the Texans made and how Houston can't get anything right. Now that it seems the Texans didn't make a mistake (at least regarding the draft pick), and that they are getting it right, it's only natural for Texan fans to stick out their chests.

And you can't dismiss that Young wound up with a hated division rival. Bud Adams parading Young at a post draft news conference in Houston was a slap in the face. Had Young been drafted by Arizona or Detroit, you wouldn't hear a tenth of the animosity against Vince heard now. Vince Young is a Titan, just like Peyton Manning is a Colt, and Jack Del Rio is Jag. We're not supposed to like them.

Also, please stop with the David Carr comparisons (from both sides). Other than both playing early in their career, there's no similarities in the situation they were placed in or their style of play. The best points of reference to Young are Donovan McNabb & Michael Vick. Both came into the league as running QBs. McNabb adapted to the pro game and became a top passer & QB. Vick didn't, and became a sideshow. It's still TBD which road Young will travel, or if he will define his own course.

Specnatz
08-17-2008, 02:03 PM
I won't go that far but if VY had been an Aggie, been the same pro prospect and had done what VY did for The University of Texas (win 2 Rose Bowls), I think one would have to agree that its more than possible that Kubes would have drafted Vince in a heartbeat. I don't feel being a Longhorn made a big difference but if had been an Aggie in same situation,pedigree,college career it probably wouldn't have played out like it did. And I wouldn't expect anything else from Kubiak. You go with what you are comfortable with and I think Kubes would have been more than comfortable with VY if he had been a fellow alum and folk hero from College Station instead of Austin. Kubiak chose Carr as his starter...and we have been paying for it ever since irregardless of your stance on whether VY is a subpar winning NFL quarterback.

Personally I think VY would have really excelled here and would have benefited from far more help at WR (obviously) and even TE.

I will not comment on the race comment you made. Others have bashed you on that stupid comment.

This has to be the most unintelligent, uninformed, homerists rant I have ever read by you or anyone else for that matter. YKW was resigned and the defense was ranked dead last. The Texans had no pass rush what so ever and a secondary that probably would be unable to stop Appalachian State. To say a Coach or GM in the NFL would ever decide on drafting a player by where they went to college is so far removed from sanity one has to wonder if you have your head up your own ass or BEVOs. Just because a player wins a National Championship or a Rose Bowl (or 2) does mean anything to NFL scouts or GMs, only to fans of that college team.

It is because of individuals like yourself that there is no way VY would have excelled in Houston. The blame it on everyone else and not the player is similar to what a certain other group did about a QB who played here. You biasedness has blinded you and you are not saying things that are not painting you in a very good light.

:foottap:

Second Honeymoon
08-17-2008, 05:07 PM
I will not comment on the race comment you made. Others have bashed you on that stupid comment.

This has to be the most unintelligent, uninformed, homerists rant I have ever read by you or anyone else for that matter. YKW was resigned and the defense was ranked dead last. The Texans had no pass rush what so ever and a secondary that probably would be unable to stop Appalachian State. To say a Coach or GM in the NFL would ever decide on drafting a player by where they went to college is so far removed from sanity one has to wonder if you have your head up your own ass or BEVOs. Just because a player wins a National Championship or a Rose Bowl (or 2) does mean anything to NFL scouts or GMs, only to fans of that college team.

It is because of individuals like yourself that there is no way VY would have excelled in Houston. The blame it on everyone else and not the player is similar to what a certain other group did about a QB who played here. You biasedness has blinded you and you are not saying things that are not painting you in a very good light.

:foottap:

hey the whole 'black' thing is just wondering why one guy got all the time in the world (5 years) before some of you would pass any critical judgement while the other is labeled as a crap QB not even 2 years into his development. Why the different levels of patience? Carr was white, Young is black. It wouldn't be the first time that a black QB was not given the same opportunity as a white QB...is that even debatable? We live in Texas after all.

as for my comment about 'if VY was from A&M', I stand by that statement. Yes, Carr was resigned pre-draft but he was not resigned before Vince declared that he was leaving school. Methinks Carr may not have been resigned with Kubes in control and a national championship winning Aggie QB was waiting with us at the #1 overall pick. I could be wrong and its purely speculative, I am just saying that the fact that Carr was resigned has nothing to do with this. He wasn't resigned until after the declaration of pro.

But yes, you are correct that drafting VY, Aggie or not, would have been been eliminated as a choice once David Carr's option was so wisely picked up...not even the option but the maximum team option. Kind of 'I love you, David' kiss from McNair and Kubes.

I will say that Vince's play was pants on Friday and he looked lost and indecisive in the pocket. He has a long way to go to be considered a top or elite QB, but he has the tools and he has been successful at every level at the highest level....so excuse me if I give him the benefit of the doubt this early in his NFL career. He has earned it but that doesn't mean he is a sure thing.

As for ESPN, Nike, Rebook, Madden cover, etc. hype....it is what it is, hype. It's not like they were saying he is the best QB in the league. He just had a lot of momentum after his gamebreaking Year1 and was the 'hot' young athlete in the NFL. I think that has cooled down a bit with his sophomore effort in the NFL....and rightfully so. Just because Madison Avenue gets behind the guy doesnt mean he is being anointed as the best QB in the NFL.

As for the Titans and any other successful franchise, its all about winning football games. If Vince has average to below average stats and they win and make playoffs, no one will care (except a few Texans blowhards) and if Vince has great stats and plays but they lose, he will be under the microscope and on the hot seat. I personally feel he needs a real playmaker at WR to be given a better shot at success but Fisher will find a way to make it work. It's what Fisher does. Put his players in a chance to succeed. No talent at WR - focus on running game and the short passing game to TE.

well enough VY talk, how about the Texans offense? Schaub looked pretty smooth and Brown looks like he is going to be legit so color me happy with the offensive performance in New Orleans.....which brings us to the defense. OMFG, Richard Smith's defense totally freaking sucks...and that aint exactly Breaking News. it's been that way since day one. Can we please get a DC that has a sack and that can put together a team that can get after the QB and stop people from driving down the field, drive after drive. Oh man, this guy has got to go. Smith totally freaking sucks.

Maybe Rick should have gone after more talent on the DE. Justin Smith and Jason Taylor were out there and available and we didn't go after them. The pass rush is still pretty much pathetic outside of Okoye or Mario owning their individual matchup....just a horrible and pathetic scheme. That being said, I don't even think Richard Smith could coach the Steel Curtain into an effective unit. The guy just sucks, plain and simple.

Go away Richard.

gg no re
08-17-2008, 05:37 PM
tl;dr can someone summarize this for me

thanks in advance

TEXANRED
08-17-2008, 05:43 PM
hey the whole 'black' thing is just wondering why one guy got all the time in the world (5 years) before some of you would pass any critical judgement while the other is labeled as a crap QB not even 2 years into his development. Why the different levels of patience? Carr was white, Young is black. It wouldn't be the first time that a black QB was not given the same opportunity as a white QB...is that even debatable? We live in Texas after all.

Now you have pissed me off. Texas does not = Racist. You live in the city that welcomed and made Moon a HOF'er.

I think you should pull your head out of your butt and watch what you say cus you are clearly high or drunk to be dissing Texas like that. Doug from the Woodlands.

And as far as giving Carr chances its cus he was a Texan. Young is not.
Even VY could figure out the difference in that one.

ChampionTexan
08-17-2008, 05:46 PM

Or it might have a little bit to do with the fact that one of them played for the team virtually everybody on this board roots for and wants to succeed, and one of them plays for one of our divisional rivals.

And/or it might have a little bit to do with the fact that the team virtually everbody on this board roots was subjected to both local and national ridicule for their 2006 first round draft pick, and the combination of his play and Mario's play is going to be a big part of attaining the satisfaction of being proven correct.

And/or it might have a little bit to do with the fact that the division rival he plays for used be the NFL franchise based in this city and then abandoned it for financial and political reasons that had little to nothing to do with its fanbase. (Bonus points for the fact that many of us believe the only reason they took him with the third overall pick was to stick it to us again)

And/or it may have a something to do with a very small number of ignorant backwards fans feeling exactly the way you say they do, but I would suggest that this is way way down on the list behind the previous three along with numerous other reasons I either don't have time or am not insightful enough to list

Honoring Earl 34
08-17-2008, 06:12 PM
I will say that Vince's play was pants on Friday and he looked lost and indecisive in the pocket. He has a long way to go to be considered a top or elite QB, but he has the tools and he has been successful at every level at the highest level....so excuse me if I give him the benefit of the doubt this early in his NFL career. He has earned it but that doesn't mean he is a sure thing.

I think VY and DC have to many mechanical flaws to be picked as high as they were . VY won both Rose Bowls as much or more with his legs as his passing but yes he did great on a big stage unlike YKW .

I poke fun at VY because of all the #10 Titan jerseys at Texan/Titan games who drive 30 minutes to get home . These guys did'nt care about anything else but drafting VY and when the Texans did'nt ... they played right into Bud's hands and became Titan fans . Besides we got Mario out of the deal and you'd be surprised at how many folks think VY is a better pro player than Mario .

The Carr signing meant that Bob wanted him to get coached by Kubiak ( I think Bob bought into the classic Carr it's not me routine ) . Even though Palmer had a real good reputation ... he was the scapegoat . Then Pendry tried and voila ... nothing he did'nt know anything either . Kinda like how in the world did we end up with the 20 worst offensive linemen in history and they still can't block .

I'm really surprised Kubiak and Smith had enough clout to pry Carr away to be frank . Just think this is what the Titan fans are doing at this very moment , they're trying to decide who is to blame for their bad qb play ... hahaha .

Overalls
08-17-2008, 07:35 PM
Now you have pissed me off. Texas does not = Racist. You live in the city that welcomed and made Moon a HOF'er.

People that are racist tend to see racism everywhere. My bet would be that is why he never gave Carr a chance. Carr had better numbers on a worse team.

RTP2110
08-17-2008, 09:04 PM
hey the whole 'black' thing is just wondering why one guy got all the time in the world (5 years) before some of you would pass any critical judgement while the other is labeled as a crap QB not even 2 years into his development. Why the different levels of patience? Carr was white, Young is black.

The only two colors that make any difference in Carr getting more patience than VY are Colombia Blue & Deep Steel Blue.

GuerillaBlack
08-17-2008, 10:00 PM
thanks in advance

don't waste your time reading it.

as for a summary. one word: lame.

somehow texas is racist. the houston area is probably the least racist part of texas. it is definitely the most diverse and a big melting pot.

TheRealJoker
08-17-2008, 10:15 PM
SH is obviously upset that he looks in the mirror and sees what he claims he hated so much in the Carr fans. Just in this case he's carrying the water for Vince. When people call him on it he pulls the race card...typical from someone with such a weak debate skillset imo.

Period, end of story.

Blazing Arrow
08-17-2008, 10:19 PM
I love the Carr spin. That guy has so many media apologist it was ridiculous He was getting sacked at an amazing clip and it was always WR this, OL that, no running game. Carr is ESPN for excuse!

Carr Bombed
08-17-2008, 10:56 PM
I love the Carr spin. That guy has so many media apologist it was ridiculous He was getting sacked at an amazing clip and it was always WR this, OL that, no running game. Carr is ESPN for excuse!

If Vince Young was drafted to a expansion team, ESPN would've made the same excuses for him (hell they still make some excuses for him). Just be thankful he wasn't drafted to a expansion team, because now your team actually has the chance to find out he's a bust sooner rather than later.

Texan_Bill
08-18-2008, 09:01 AM
I can not beleive that y'all allowed SH to let this thread get so far off track.... Back to topic:
Vince Young is the best QB in the NFL

4 of 13 for 37 yards? while not impressive, all VY did was lead his team to victory...... :rolleyes:

Honoring Earl 34
08-18-2008, 01:01 PM
TC is nation wide .

http://www.profootballtalk.com/2008/08/18/uncle-rico-has-lingering-quad-problem/

Blazing Arrow
08-18-2008, 01:11 PM
If Young does not improve this season I would be surprised to see many Titans fans on his side. He looked pretty lost against the Raiders. I had to listen to in in the car on my drive home. The raider announcers were questioning where he was throwing and some of the plays it was as if he did not see the guy waiting to light his WR up. The Raiders did blitz allot during that game which is pretty weird in preseason but Young needs to be able to handle the pressure and make the reads.

Texan_Bill
08-18-2008, 01:11 PM
TC is nation wide .

http://www.profootballtalk.com/2008/08/18/uncle-rico-has-lingering-quad-problem/

She's a bad WOman!!!

Double Barrel
08-18-2008, 01:58 PM

lol:

You have a knack for complete and utter failure to comprehend sarcasm. (Did you see the part in the same post about 'heart made of of gold-covered kittens with tails dipped in milk chocolate'??????!) Dude, seriously, get a grip.

This is a SMACK FORUM. "Smack", in and of itself, is supposed to be over the top and tongue in cheek.

But your head is so far up VY's butt that you can't see straight. Is your name Richard Justice in the real world?

You can't remember the overwhelming hype of Vince Young? Obviously not, but only because you don't think it was hype.

It's the Titans uni and people like you that make me dislike Vince Young.

disaacks3
08-18-2008, 02:26 PM
I can not beleive that y'all allowed SH to let this thread get so far off track.... Back to topic:
Vince Young is the best QB in the NFL

4 of 13 for 37 yards? while not impressive, all VY did was lead his team to victory...... :rolleyes:
Hey now - let's not forget those 4 yds. rushing from the all-around "impact" player!

Second Honeymoon
08-18-2008, 02:29 PM
lol:

You have a knack for complete and utter failure to comprehend sarcasm. (Did you see the part in the same post about 'heart made of of gold-covered kittens with tails dipped in milk chocolate'??????!) Dude, seriously, get a grip.

This is a SMACK FORUM. "Smack", in and of itself, is supposed to be over the top and tongue in cheek.

But your head is so far up VY's butt that you can't see straight. Is your name Richard Justice in the real world?

You can't remember the overwhelming hype of Vince Young? Obviously not, but only because you don't think it was hype.

It's the Titans uni and people like you that make me dislike Vince Young.

so 'people like me' means people who are objective and dont let a uniform or team affiliation effect their opinions of a particular player or team.

yeah, VY looked like crap friday. he looked like crap most of last year, but I just find it funny how people who were so patient and excuse ridden for their own QB find themselves so obsessed with being so impatient and making leaps of judgement when it comes to VY.

hey, at least I am honest and I dont let my team affiliation or where I live dictate how I should feel about a particular player's level of play.

trust me, if Vince doesnt show marked improvement from last year when he was dinged up, I will be the first one to criticize him and his level of progress...and I won't throw his OC under the bus because its a pretty basic offense and doesn't require a huge amount of mental aptitude (admittedly one of Vince's shortcomings)

my problem with Vince from Oakland was he was woefully inaccurate and he was taking too long to get rid fo teh ball and not trusting his WRs. Dude was a mess...no doubt.

As a Texans fan, I was actually happy to see Vince having problems because we can't keep allowing ourselves to be the AFC South's prison *****. A good start to a winning season and possible playoff relevance would be to sweep the Titans and Jags....which I feel is very doable. Every year people pick the Jags and/or the Panthers to do something and they always fall short and most of the time way short of expectations. I have lots of hope for this year's season as long as we can find Richard Smith's set of balls and find a decent RB to hitch ourselves to. Slaton looked good but he would only work if we became a pass first type of team mentality...not something Gibbs or Kubes seems likely to employ.

as for the guy who called out my debate skills....whatever dude. i have forgotten more than you have ever known.

screw the Titans
screw the Colts
screw the Jags
GO TEXANS

ATX
08-18-2008, 02:36 PM
Bottom Line is.......................Vince Young is the BEST QB in the NFL. :user:

Second Honeymoon
08-18-2008, 02:37 PM
Bottom Line is.......................Vince Young is the BEST QB in the NFL. :user:

nope, at this time he isn't even in the top half of the league.

ATX
08-18-2008, 02:44 PM
nope, at this time he isn't even in the top half of the league.

Whatever dude, VY is the best ever. Did you see the Rose Bowl?

Where's the sarcasm smiley when you need it?

Specnatz
08-18-2008, 02:47 PM
so 'people like me' means people who are objective and dont let a uniform or team affiliation effect their opinions of a particular player or team.

yeah, VY looked like crap friday. he looked like crap most of last year, but I just find it funny how people who were so patient and excuse ridden for their own QB find themselves so obsessed with being so impatient and making leaps of judgement when it comes to VY.

hey, at least I am honest and I dont let my team affiliation or where I live dictate how I should feel about a particular player's level of play.

trust me, if Vince doesnt show marked improvement from last year when he was dinged up, I will be the first one to criticize him and his level of progress...and I won't throw his OC under the bus because its a pretty basic offense and doesn't require a huge amount of mental aptitude (admittedly one of Vince's shortcomings)

my problem with Vince from Oakland was he was woefully inaccurate and he was taking too long to get rid fo teh ball and not trusting his WRs. Dude was a mess...no doubt.

As a Texans fan, I was actually happy to see Vince having problems because we can't keep allowing ourselves to be the AFC South's prison *****. A good start to a winning season and possible playoff relevance would be to sweep the Titans and Jags....which I feel is very doable. Every year people pick the Jags and/or the Panthers to do something and they always fall short and most of the time way short of expectations. I have lots of hope for this year's season as long as we can find Richard Smith's set of balls and find a decent RB to hitch ourselves to. Slaton looked good but he would only work if we became a pass first type of team mentality...not something Gibbs or Kubes seems likely to employ.

as for the guy who called out my debate skills....whatever dude. i have forgotten more than you have ever known.

screw the Titans
screw the Colts
screw the Jags
GO TEXANS

You objective when it comes to vy or anything ut, :spit: thanks I needed a good laugh.

You keep asking why people were so ready to keep giving one guy a chance on the team they root for but not someone on a team they hate ...... This is a hypathitical question right?

Let me ask why you were so unwilling to give a player on the team you say you love no chance and no oppertunity to get better but you will give a player on the team you say you hate every chance and every excuse why he has not played better? Hell the Texans went 7 - 9 and you gave Carr no credit from what you say (was not around then). But vy throws 17 int and 9 td and you say he played well. And you do not find this odd in the least bit?

That would be like me yelling that David Anderson of the Browns sucks and Brady Quinn should start. I liked Quinn at Notre Dame, and if he does well in the pros I will notice but I am not going to be all up on his nutz (this could in a horrible direction) about it one way or another. He plays for the Browns, so who gives a shit. vy plays for the titans, I hope he fails worse Ryan Leaf, Heath Shuller, and Todd Marinovich combined.

Señor Stan
08-18-2008, 02:56 PM
That would be like me yelling that David Anderson of the Browns sucks and Brady Quinn should start. I liked Quinn at Notre Dame, and if he does well in the pros I will notice but I am not going to be all up on his nutz (this could in a horrible direction)

Hey! That is Brady's department...hands off...errr....I mean....errr...whatever.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v15/TheKingOfBums/586-gay.jpg

Texan_Bill
08-18-2008, 03:00 PM
Did I read some comparisons of Vincent and Mr. Mittens??

http://www.whiterose.org/pete/blog/images/vincehands.jpg

Tailgate
08-18-2008, 03:02 PM
Not sure why Horn fans are still gagga over Vince?? I mean I loved the guy at UT.. .but he now plays for our division rival and I only hope he completely fails at the very best. I mean if anything he cost us another legit shot at a National championship as well as a possible Heisman along w putting himself in position to go to hated Bud Adams team of all teams. I really cant blame him due to the cash, but he is no longer playing for the Horns... so he doesnt mean much to me anymore especially after playing for the former Oilers.

Specnatz
08-18-2008, 03:08 PM
Hey! That is Brady's department...hands off...errr....I mean....errr...whatever.

Seriously to have that loaded just to be used is almost as disturbing as the photos.

Señor Stan
08-18-2008, 04:00 PM
Seriously to have that loaded just to be used is almost as disturbing as the photos.

Google is your friend...sometimes...

Double Barrel
08-18-2008, 04:19 PM

You think you are being objective. In your mind, you are right.

Texan_Bill
08-18-2008, 04:29 PM
Objectively speaking...............

7 of 19 for 54 yards and no TD's - even in 2 preseason games:

Sucks!

But that's my objective opinion....... ;)

Second Honeymoon
08-18-2008, 04:32 PM
Objectively speaking...............

7 of 19 for 54 yards and no TD's - even in 2 preseason games:

Sucks!

But that's my objective opinion....... ;)

no arguments here...but if VY was DC, people would blame his talent around him, coaching, OL, or wahtever else people could delude themselves enough into believing.

the only excuse you will hear me use for VY is that his WR corps is pretty below average to poor. that is pretty much a consensus opinion around the league.

its all good TB, we are only a few weeks away from games that matter...then there will be much more important and interesting things to talk about other than VY being a crappy QB or not.

Tedc
08-18-2008, 04:41 PM
its all good TB, we are only a few weeks away from games that matter...then there will be much more important and interesting things to talk about other than VY being a crappy QB or not.

I feel it is important to talk about how crappy VY is. It keeps the orange colored sunglass wearing, man-loving, bandwagoning, clueless jock-sniffers at bay.

Texan_Bill
08-18-2008, 04:49 PM
I feel it is important to talk about how crappy VY is. It keeps the orange colored sunglass wearing, man-loving, bandwagoning, clueless jock-sniffers at bay.

Is that Dick Justice or Rich Lord????

Texan_Bill
08-18-2008, 04:53 PM
no arguments here...but if VY was DC, people would blame his talent around him, coaching, OL, or wahtever else people could delude themselves enough into believing.

the only excuse you will hear me use for VY is that his WR corps is pretty below average to poor. that is pretty much a consensus opinion around the league.

Seriously, you should read the Titans message boards and listen to Blazing Arrow once in awhile...... And while there is still much man-love in Tennessee, some folks are doubting whether or not VY is the QB that they should have drafted.

Clearly Cutler will wind up being the creme of that 2006 QB crop....

Second Honeymoon
08-18-2008, 04:57 PM
Seriously, you should read the Titans message boards and listen to Blazing Arrow once in awhile...... And while there is still much man-love in Tennessee, some folks are doubting whether or not VY is the QB that they should have drafted.

Cutler has looked pretty good this preseason but he was pretty inconsistent last year though. If he puts it together, he could be the best. He has a cannon for an arm but he makes a lot of mistakes and sometimes has some 'wtf was he thinking' moments. I am 'privileged' enough to have to watch a lot of Broncos football as one of my Sunday football buddies is a Bronco fan, so I get to see a lot of the guy.

TEXANRED
08-18-2008, 05:03 PM

Thats like saying Joey Harrington is the Top classman of the 2002 draft.

Texans_Chick
08-18-2008, 05:07 PM
She's a bad WOman!!!

Nah, I'm not bad, I'm just drawn that way. :texans chick:

Actually, I am a curious person. For example, I wrote a month ago that Peyton Manning's knee might not be right for the start of the season. MMQB finally discussed this today.

Favre Schmarve: What's the Real Deal With Peyton Manning's Injury? (http://nfl.fanhouse.com/2008/07/16/favre-schmarve-whats-the-real-deal-with-peyton-mannings-injur/)

Texan_Bill
08-18-2008, 05:11 PM
Cutler has looked pretty good this preseason but he was pretty inconsistent last year though. If he puts it together, he could be the best. He has a cannon for an arm but he makes a lot of mistakes and sometimes has some 'wtf was he thinking' moments. I am 'privileged' enough to have to watch a lot of Broncos football as one of my Sunday football buddies is a Bronco fan, so I get to see a lot of the guy.

The inconsistency was diagnosed as Type 1 diabetes......

And the fact that he came from little 'ol Vandy versus the big NFL factories of Texas and SC.....

Second Honeymoon
08-18-2008, 05:12 PM
Thats like saying Joey Harrington is the Top classman of the 2002 draft.

haha, nice one

Hookem Horns
08-18-2008, 05:26 PM
Wow, I just visited the Titans site and VY must have been pretty horrid during their last preseason game. Someone commented "I woke up this morning and got hit in the head with a football. I think it was one of Vince's overthrown balls from lastnight".

What's KEYE in Austin going to do if VY continues to play poor, show the Texans?

Second Honeymoon
08-18-2008, 05:31 PM
Wow, I just visited the Titans site and VY must have been pretty horrid during their last preseason game. Someone commented "I woke up this morning and got hit in the head with a football. I think it was one of Vince's overthrown balls from lastnight".

What's KEYE in Austin going to do if VY continues to play poor, show the Texans?

If the Titans are circling the drain at 3-8 and the Texans are aspiring to greatness at 7-4, I think you would see KEYE make the change. They would be stupid not to.

TheRealJoker
08-18-2008, 08:53 PM
You've forgotten more about being the pot who called the kettle black than i'll ever know but that's about it. Period, end of story.

Hookem Horns
08-18-2008, 11:49 PM
Interesting thread at titansonline.com. It's called "Post your VY excuses here".

Wolf
08-19-2008, 12:25 AM
DB,TB,Hookem and everyone else..

relax,clear your mind ..

Breathe in..Breathe out ...relax

Fear leads to Anger
Anger leads to Hate
Hate leads to suffering....

Breathe in, Breathe out

now that you are relaxed...you are ready

http://www.pubhousedialogues.com/media/blogs/curmudgeon/obi-wan-mind-trick.jpg

Now say "Vince Young is the best QB in the NFL"

:doot:

GuerillaBlack
08-19-2008, 12:41 AM
I'm confused. I click on page 87, but it takes me back to 86.

TexansLucky13
08-19-2008, 12:45 AM
I'm confused. I click on page 87, but it takes me back to 86.

The thread has begun to collapse into itself. Escape while you still can.

Double Barrel
08-19-2008, 11:00 AM
It's creating a rift in the space/time continuum! :worm: Run for your lives!

Texan_Bill
08-19-2008, 11:21 AM
DB,TB,Hookem and everyone else..

relax,clear your mind ..

Breathe in..Breathe out ...relax

Fear leads to Anger
Anger leads to Hate
Hate leads to suffering....

Breathe in, Breathe out

now that you are relaxed...you are ready

http://www.pubhousedialogues.com/media/blogs/curmudgeon/obi-wan-mind-trick.jpg

Now say "Vince Young is the best QB in the NFL"

:doot:

I tried breathing in and breathing out. I've listened to Obi-wan but still come to the very healthy conclusion that Vince Young is not the best QB in the NFL!!

thunderkyss
08-19-2008, 11:28 AM
I tried breathing in and breathing out. I've listened to Obi-wan but still come to the very healthy conclusion that Vince Young is not the best QB in the NFL!!

Rank them now, who are your top 10??

Mine:
1. Peyton Manning
2. Tom Brady
3. Drew Brees
4. Bret Farve
5. Tony Romo
6. Matt Hasselbeck
7. Kurt Warner
8. Ben Rothlisberger
9. Marc Bulger
10. David Garrard
11. Matt Schaub

Specnatz
08-19-2008, 11:30 AM

Is that not what was said about YKW and that Jabar Gaffney sucked. Well Tom Brady and company resigned him so he can not suck as bad as we all thought.

Of course it is every one elses fault not vy. Same line, different QB and different team.

Texan_Bill
08-19-2008, 11:36 AM

Mine:
1. Peyton Manning
2. Tom Brady
3. Drew Brees
4. Bret Farve
5. Tony Romo
6. Matt Hasselbeck
7. Kurt Warner
8. Ben Rothlisberger
9. Marc Bulger
10. David Garrard
11. Matt Schaub

Not sure where you are going with this, but at first glance I don't think your rankings are out of line... I might tweak someone here or there, but for the most part it looks okay to me....

PapaL
08-19-2008, 11:43 AM
I think Carson Palmer is second tier QB (behind Brady and Manning Tier).

Brando
08-19-2008, 11:47 AM

Mine:
1. Peyton Manning
2. Tom Brady
3. Drew Brees
4. Bret Farve
5. Tony Romo
6. Matt Hasselbeck
7. Kurt Warner
8. Ben Rothlisberger
9. Marc Bulger
10. David Garrard
11. Matt Schaub

You didn't read the title of the thread?!? I'm the best QB in the NFL!!!!

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b252/Amberlybutterfly/Texans%20Signatures%20and%20pics/DSC_0025.jpg

I'm good at the waterguns too!

Signed,

Vince Young

I'll say this Bulger is going to have a bad year without Steven Jackson...they need that guy in camp.

thunderkyss
08-19-2008, 12:54 PM
Not sure where you are going with this

Well, we all know who isn't the best QB in the NFL, I'd like to see who some of us think IS the best.

thunderkyss
08-19-2008, 12:55 PM
I'll say this Bulger is going to have a bad year without Steven Jackson...they need that guy in camp.

Bulger was throwing for 4000 yards before Steven Jackson was Steven Jackson.

Texan_Bill
08-19-2008, 01:06 PM
Well, we all know who isn't the best QB in the NFL, I'd like to see who some of us think IS the best.

Cool..... Start a new thread as this one is dedicated to "His Highness"....

Blazing Arrow
08-19-2008, 02:00 PM
Mawae thinks he is getting a bad rap.

http://www.gotitans.com/artman2/publish/article_00_2666.shtml

As TitanJeff says, Young does not need to carry the team he just needs to not lose us the game. He has been pretty good at that. We need to put more points on the board and with a new OC I think that is very likely. I see us finishing in 1st or second in division this season. Especially if Manning's injury is worst then the Colts are letting on. Hags suck, always have always will.

CloakNNNdagger
08-19-2008, 02:01 PM
Titans center Kevin Mawae has come to the rescue of VY with the strong warning to LAY OFF POOR VINCE. [article] (http://tennessean.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080819/SPORTS01/808190346/1002/SPORTS)[/URL]

Everybody gets caught up in the passing accuracy and completion percentage and stuff like that, but the one stat that matters the most in this locker room is winning,'' Mawae said. "Vince has proven himself to be a winner. All the stuff that happens in the preseason will be forgotten about in about two weeks.''

By whom???

At the end of last season, Mawae said Young needed to be more of a student of the game. On Monday he said Young has spent more time in the playbook than ever before, is working hard and will be prepared for the regular season opener on Sept. 7.

That would be great if he could read.

Blazing Arrow
08-19-2008, 02:06 PM
Titans center Kevin Mawae has come to the rescue of VY with the strong warning to LAY OFF POOR VINCE. [article] (http://tennessean.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080819/SPORTS01/808190346/1002/SPORTS)[/URL]

By whom???

Wins make people forget allot of things. Mawae was very critical of Young last season. To see him say this shows he has improved.

thunderkyss
08-19-2008, 02:22 PM
Cool..... Start a new thread as this one is dedicated to "His Highness"....

hrmph...... I was trying to hi-jack this one.

Texan_Bill
08-19-2008, 02:26 PM
Wins make people forget allot of things. Mawae was very critical of Young last season. To see him say this shows he has improved.

The reason why Tennessee wins has nothing to do with VY and everything to do with the Tacks running game, defense and Bironas. It does those guys a great disservice to suggest that its VY who wins the games (not saying you in particular - but the VY apologists). That's akin to peeing on my leg and tell me its raining.

Texan_Bill
08-19-2008, 02:27 PM
hrmph...... I was trying to hi-jack this one.

You might could've pulled that off back on page 2, 3 or 4, but not now... :mshadows:

Blazing Arrow
08-19-2008, 02:37 PM
The reason why Tennessee wins has nothing to do with VY and everything to do with the Tacks running game, defense and Bironas. It does those guys a great disservice to suggest that its VY who wins the games (not saying you in particular - but the VY apologists). That's akin to peeing on my leg and tell me its raining.

I was asked who would forget about Youngs poor preformace in preseason. I don't know about you but I can not remember how the Giants did in preseason last year or how good or bad Eli was. I do remember they beat the piss out of the Pats though. :d:

Second Honeymoon
08-19-2008, 02:46 PM
Is that not what was said about YKW and that Jabar Gaffney sucked. Well Tom Brady and company resigned him so he can not suck as bad as we all thought.

Of course it is every one elses fault not vy. Same line, different QB and different team.

dude come on now. carr has had andre since his 2nd year in the league. are you seriously saying that Carr didn't have talent at the WR position? Just take a look at the Titans talent at wideout. The Texans have never rolled out such pathetic talent at WR.

as for Gaffney, he is what he is and always was. A Casserley reach and it was a bad pick from day one. a good receiver but hardly the 33rd best player in that draft.....he received blame for not making plays but we all know it was Carr The Loser's fault now. I can't believe you are trying to defend the Titan's talent at WR....just ludicrous.

Second Honeymoon
08-19-2008, 02:52 PM

By whom???

That would be great if he could read.

yeah after all, Vince is black, thus he must be stupid and can't read. very nice touch.

something tells me that if Vince was white, you wouldn't be making jokes that he couldn't read but since he is a black QB you gotta make jokes that he can't read and that he is dumb...i know this is the rivalry forum but that is borderline racist imho.

but whatever, yeah Vince can't read. real f'in funny. congratulations.

Double Barrel
08-19-2008, 02:54 PM
Blaming the WRs is just another excuse for a mediocre QB. (I have never said VY was a 'bad' QB. He is mediocre, which seems to get VY-homers' panties in a bunch.)

Take a look here (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/teams/ten/stats). And then go to the top of the same page and look at other NFL teams WR stats. There are other playoff teams with the same types of numbers. I don't hear their fans blaming the WRs for their QB.

Who throws the ball to those WRs? :hmmm:

Texan_Bill
08-19-2008, 02:58 PM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/0/06/Crocker1.JPG

"Leave Vince Alone!" :cry2:

Specnatz
08-19-2008, 03:08 PM
dude come on now. carr has had andre since his 2nd year in the league. are you seriously saying that Carr didn't have talent at the WR position? Just take a look at the Titans talent at wideout. The Texans have never rolled out such pathetic talent at WR.

as for Gaffney, he is what he is and always was. A Casserley reach and it was a bad pick from day one. a good receiver but hardly the 33rd best player in that draft.....he received blame for not making plays but we all know it was Carr The Loser's fault now. I can't believe you are trying to defend the Titan's talent at WR....just ludicrous.

Those same WR did not look like crap when Collins was throwing to them now did they.

yeah after all, Vince is black, thus he must be stupid and can't read. very nice touch.

something tells me that if Vince was white, you wouldn't be making jokes that he couldn't read but since he is a black QB you gotta make jokes that he can't read and that he is dumb...i know this is the rivalry forum but that is borderline racist imho.

SH you are completely ignorant for making this comment. It was because he got a 6 on the wonderlic. Not because of the color of his damn skin. Honestly, this comment makes dream's comments mild in comparrison.

I honestly cannot believe this shit was even typed out.

WOW!!!!! :mcnugget:

TheRealJoker
08-19-2008, 03:09 PM

Its obvious you only questioned Vince's mental aptitude because he's black. You dirty evil racist scumbag you!!!

Texan_Bill
08-19-2008, 03:11 PM
Those same WR did not look like crap when Collins was throwing to them now did they.

25 of 42 for 280 yards SUX!!

CloakNNNdagger
08-19-2008, 03:38 PM

Isn't this in the RIVALRY (trash talk) section of the board??? How you manage to try to bring race into my comments is beyond me. I was having a little fun with VY's Wunderlic et al. From here on, I will not be responding to any unfounded inflamatory personal accusations.