PDA

View Full Version : Vince Young and the Disappearing Sausage Trick

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9

TEXANS84
03-29-2008, 09:58 AM
Saw Vince at the NCAA tournament last night. Very noticeable limp, favoring the right leg.

Specnatz
03-29-2008, 10:48 AM
normally I'd agree with this, because people who use the term usually throw it out when they have nothing else to say...........but in this case it's a little different....there is literally a numerous amount of 437 page threads downing a guy who most people on here didn't even want.........it really makes people look like jealous texans fans.....

I guess you failed to read all the other post where it is mostly just bashing the guy to bash him because he is a freakin titan. Since we have trolls who come here to say what ever we talk bad about their runningbacks.

As far as hate being a bad thing, why yes it is. So is blind love.

Marcus
03-29-2008, 11:28 AM
This is a very rare occasion. I'm going to say something about Vince Young.

Vince was a good quarterback his rookie year with Titans, because he ran like he did in college.

But, in his 2nd season, he decided he didn't want to be a running quarterback anymore. Instead, he wanted to drop back and pass, like Manning, or Brady. Now, who put this thought process into his head, I don't know. My suspicion is that Vince himself made this decision. Why? He might have come to the conclusion, or someone else put it into his head, that if he remains just a running quarterback, instead of trying to convert to a drop back passer, he won't last long from taking all the hits that a running quarterback will take. By itself, that might be considered a good reason. But I suspect it's more of an ego thing with him, more than anything else.

The problem is, he's just not very good at being a drop-back style quarterback. I read many comments on that Titan message board that went like, "They should just go ahead and trade Vince, if they won't let Vince be Vince". But I think it's Vince Young himself who doesn't want Vince to be Vince.

Unless Vince himself decides to just go back and do what he does best, run the football, his only legacy with be that of a coach killer. Norm Chow was only the first notch of what will be many on Vince's gun handle.

Wolf
03-29-2008, 11:29 AM
http://www.pubhousedialogues.com/media/blogs/curmudgeon/obi-wan-mind-trick.jpg

Errant Hothy
03-29-2008, 11:40 AM

Brilliant!

The Dream
03-29-2008, 12:20 PM
I guess you failed to read all the other post where it is mostly just bashing the guy to bash him because he is a freakin titan. Since we have trolls who come here to say what ever we talk bad about their runningbacks.

As far as hate being a bad thing, why yes it is. So is blind love.

seriously this goes beyond just hating him "because he's a titan"....I think most people would agree that there are more threads on this board downing VY than any other athlete in the NFL.....I made this statement a long time ago, and it holds true now. Most threads started about VY on this board aren't by "fanboys" or "vince lovers" they are made by individuals that have a strong hatred for this man for whatever reason. That's why a lot of you look very childish........a good amount of the comments aren't even reasonable criticisms on his game, but instead jokes about his speech, and wonderlic scores.........

Overalls
03-29-2008, 12:31 PM
So MRs Wright, Why do you think that some of us are against Vick Jr?

Errant Hothy
03-29-2008, 12:37 PM
seriously this goes beyond just hating him "because he's a titan"....I think most people would agree that there are more threads on this board downing VY than any other athlete in the NFL.....I made this statement a long time ago, and it holds true now. Most threads started about VY on this board aren't by "fanboys" or "vince lovers" they are made by individuals that have a strong hatred for this man for whatever reason. That's why a lot of you look very childish........a good amount of the comments aren't even reasonable criticisms on his game, but instead jokes about his speech, and wonderlic scores.........

There are pleny of comments on his game, you've just chossen to ignore them. Much like you failed to back up your "VY does more for his team then Mario does" post last Nov. One you never backed up, I wonder why? Nor did you ever defend your position that VY and Palmer were on the same level of QB play.

I still say if it dresses like a Titans fan, talks like a Titans fan, and blindly defends VY like a Titans fan...then it's a Packers and Cowboys fan!?! Wait that can't be right can it Dream?

Brando
03-29-2008, 12:38 PM
I wanted Vince(TG I was wrong about that one) but as soon as he became a Titan he became the opponent. Simple stuff really. This thread was started because someone had stated on a pre-game show that he was the best QB in the NFL. Obviously he is not.

brakos82
03-29-2008, 12:40 PM
That's a waste of 1010 posts.

The Dream
03-29-2008, 12:54 PM
There are pleny of comments on his game, you've just chossen to ignore them. Much like you failed to back up your "VY does more for his team then Mario does" post last Nov. One you never backed up, I wonder why? Nor did you ever defend your position that VY and Palmer were on the same level of QB play.

I still say if it dresses like a Titans fan, talks like a Titans fan, and blindly defends VY like a Titans fan...then it's a Packers and Cowboys fan!?! Wait that can't be right can it Dream?

and there are plenty of comments of pure hatred from idiotic texans fans..........as far as VY doing more for the titans than Mario, I'll stick by those statements. The main reason being he is a QB, and the QB's impact on a team is far greater than a DL's impact.....I realize that VY has things he can get better at, but what young QB doesn't???? There's still a lot of good things he does (mainly keeping the defense on their toes) and he shows glimpses of greatness from time to time.......As far as Palmer is concerned, I'd stick by those statements also. If I had to choose a QB going into next season I'd choose Vince, because

a.) I believe he's more of a threat late in games, because his ability to run and throw
b.) Palmer does put up better stats, but he also has a talented ass receiving core compared to the crap VY has to play with
c.) I believe VY will get better

And yes I'm not a Titans fan, but I am a fan of Vince's. Go Packers and Boys, lol........

StarStruck
03-29-2008, 12:58 PM
This is a very rare occasion. I'm going to say something about Vince Young.

Vince was a good quarterback his rookie year with Titans, because he ran like he did in college.

But, in his 2nd season, he decided he didn't want to be a running quarterback anymore. Instead, he wanted to drop back and pass, like Manning, or Brady. Now, who put this thought process into his head, I don't know. My suspicion is that Vince himself made this decision. Why? He might have come to the conclusion, or someone else put it into his head, that if he remains just a running quarterback, instead of trying to convert to a drop back passer, he won't last long from taking all the hits that a running quarterback will take. By itself, that might be considered a good reason. But I suspect it's more of an ego thing with him, more than anything else.

The problem is, he's just not very good at being a drop-back style quarterback. I read many comments on that Titan message board that went like, "They should just go ahead and trade Vince, if they won't let Vince be Vince". But I think it's Vince Young himself who doesn't want Vince to be Vince.

Unless Vince himself decides to just go back and do what he does best, run the football, his only legacy with be that of a coach killer. Norm Chow was only the first notch of what will be many on Vince's gun handle.

My suspicion is that any change that he has made was because somebody with the authority to him to do so. There are very few QBs who can call their own plays, so I doubt seriously if Vince will be taking it upon himself to redefine his playing style. The Golden Rules

Brando
03-29-2008, 01:00 PM
and there are plenty of comments of pure hatred from idiotic texans fans..........as far as VY doing more for the titans than Mario, I'll stick by those statements. The main reason being he is a QB, and the QB's impact on a team is far greater than a DL's impact.....I realize that VY has things he can get better at, but what young QB doesn't???? There's still a lot of good things he does (mainly keeping the defense on their toes) and he shows glimpses of greatness from time to time.......As far as Palmer is concerned, I'd stick by those statements also. If I had to choose a QB going into next season I'd choose Vince, because

a.) I believe he's more of a threat late in games, because his ability to run and throw
b.) Palmer does put up better stats, but he also has a talented ass receiving core compared to the crap VY has to play with

And yes I'm not a Titans fan, but I am a fan of Vince's. Go Packers and Boys, lol........

No reason to call fans of a team idiotic. Now that is childish.

Errant Hothy
03-29-2008, 01:05 PM

We know, cause those are the only posts you focus on.

As for a QB doing more for his team then a DE, usually that is the case; but that street goes both ways as any Texans fan can tell you. Poor play from a QB can cripple a team much faster then poor play from a DE. Case in point would be the fact that Haynesworth was more valuable to the Titans last year then VY was. Just like Pac-man was more valuable then VY the year before. Noticing a trend?

As for Palmer and VY. You have fun on that island. The Titans lack of WR excuss is getting old. The stats show that they were not as bad as the VY faithful make them out to be. Nor does there play, see the end of the Houston/Tennesse game for proof. As for being a threat to run...really? Cause I don't remember VY doing all that much running last year. The year before, sure; last year not so much. As for a QB being made be his WRs, Brady won SBs with a receiving corp about egual to the Titans; and lets not forget how AJ made David Carr into a Pro-Bowler. And let's just completly ignore that the Titans running game was better then average, because we all know a good running game doesn't help a QB at all, right?

Vince did grat things at Madison and even greater things at UT, but neither should be used to judge his abality and performance in the NFL. And to quote Stephen A. Smith Quite frankly VY hasn't been that good of a QB in the NFL.

Specnatz
03-29-2008, 01:07 PM
and there are plenty of comments of pure hatred from idiotic texans fans.

This is why you have been banned so many times no one can count. Calling people on this board idiotic and other acts that are not wanted or warranted. Most of the time you are on this site you have to spin things in such a way as to cause angst among others here. Besides your huge indifferance for people who do not show the same love for VY that you do, why are you even here? Your not a Texans fan, because we all know of your wearing vy jersey to a Texans game, which I think is the only games you have gone to.

In all honesty, this community does not need this crap or wants this crap. So I ask, in all honesty why are you even here?

The Dream
03-29-2008, 01:32 PM
This is why you have been banned so many times no one can count. Calling people on this board idiotic and other acts that are not wanted or warranted. Most of the time you are on this site you have to spin things in such a way as to cause angst among others here. Besides your huge indifferance for people who do not show the same love for VY that you do, why are you even here? Your not a Texans fan, because we all know of your wearing vy jersey to a Texans game, which I think is the only games you have gone to.

In all honesty, this community does not need this crap or wants this crap. So I ask, in all honesty why are you even here?

I'm sorry but if your goal is to wake up in the morning just to down a man who has done nothing against you, that does make you somewhat of an id!ot in my book, lol.......this isn't me "spinning" anything. And I've stated before that I cheer for the Texans, and do consider myself a casual fan, but by no means am I a die hard fan of this team mainly, because I haven't cheered for them my entire life............

Seriously why is this thread still alive?.....I think everyone on here knows VY isn't the best in the NFL, I'm a VY fan, and I even laughed at the notion of him being the best and admitted that he wasn't on the first page or two of this thread..........the question I have is why does this site literally hate this man so much? It seems really pathetic...........

Errant Hothy
03-29-2008, 01:37 PM
I'm sorry but if your goal is to wake up in the morning just to down a man who has done nothing against you, that does make you somewhat of an id!ot in my book, lol.......this isn't me "spinning" anything. And I've stated before that I cheer for the Texans, and do consider myself a casual fan, but by no means am I a die hard fan of this team mainly, because I haven't cheered for them my entire life............

Seriously why is this thread still alive?.....I think everyone on here knows VY isn't the best in the NFL, I'm a VY fan, and I even laughed at the notion of him being the best and admitted that he wasn't on the first page or two of this thread..........the question I have is why does this site literally hate this man so much? It seems really pathetic...........

This site does not hate anybody. Some posters do, most do not hate VY. Most dislike him purly because he plays for a rival and a team that was rippedout of the city of Houston. I dislike naybodyinvolved with the Titans, just on general principle. It's called being a fan.

So why don't you limit the childish insults to those who have actually expressed a hatred of VY and not everybody.

texasguy346
03-29-2008, 01:44 PM
People need to learn to ignore trolls, and in the case of VY threads Dream is behaving like a troll. There's no sense in wasting your time because any balanced or well-reasoned post will fall on deaf ears. We've seen it time & time again. So please ignore the trolls.

The Dream
03-29-2008, 02:01 PM
This site does not hate anybody. Some posters do, most do not hate VY. Most dislike him purly because he plays for a rival and a team that was rippedout of the city of Houston. I dislike naybodyinvolved with the Titans, just on general principle. It's called being a fan.

So why don't you limit the childish insults to those who have actually expressed a hatred of VY and not everybody.

peyton manning plays for a rival team also, but I don't see nearly as many threads dogging him..................and at no point did I say "everybody" expresses hatred towards VY, because there are those on this site that do like him, and can criticize him without seeming like a bitter fan..............

Errant Hothy
03-29-2008, 02:05 PM
peyton manning plays for a rival team also, but I don't see nearly as many threads dogging him..................and at no point did I say "everybody" expresses hatred towards VY, because there are those on this site that do like him, and can criticize him without seeming like a bitter fan..............

Spin it however you want, you said "this site" and that would encopmass anybody who posts of this MB.

As for Peyton, Yes I dislike the goofy lookin', potatoe headed son of a legend; but his play on the field in the NFl ahs earned my repect. IF VY every dominates NFL games like he dominated games for UT, then I will still dislike him. But I will admit I was wrong about his abilities and he will have earned my respect. I just have yet to see anything that makes me thinkits going to happen.

And with that I bow out of this thread forever more. Enjoy.

The Dream
03-29-2008, 02:06 PM
Spin it however you want, you said "this site" and that would encopmass anybody who posts of this MB.

I guess that would mean myself also huh???.....I guess I have to be politically correct in everything I say......anyways this is petty just like this thread......

Lucky
03-29-2008, 02:07 PM
And I've stated before that I cheer for the Texans...but by no means am I a die hard fan of this team mainly, because I haven't cheered for them my entire life...
Thanks for clearing that up. :confused:

The Dream
03-29-2008, 02:21 PM
Thanks for clearing that up.

what's so hard to understand about that?, lol.....I didn't grow up watching this organization therefore I don't feel a "strong" bond for this team....I cheer for them, because they represent Houston, but I don't have a love affair with this organization........

TexansSeminole
03-29-2008, 02:33 PM

Great! :highfive:

b0ng
03-29-2008, 04:45 PM
what's so hard to understand about that?, lol.....I didn't grow up watching this organization therefore I don't feel a "strong" bond for this team....I cheer for them, because they represent Houston, but I don't have a love affair with this organization........

Hey cool, so Blazing Arrow has alternate accounts to troll with now? :thinking:

The Dream
03-29-2008, 04:49 PM
blazing arrow is a good human being that shouldn't be made fun of.......

brakos82
03-29-2008, 04:51 PM

blazing arrow is a good human being that shouldn't be made fun of.......

Yep... I think so... :photos:

b0ng
03-29-2008, 05:04 PM
Yep... I think so... :photos:

Fantastic! I love it when people get angry enough to use multiple personalities on the internet :cry2:

:mad:YOUR OPINIONS AND TEXT UPSET ME SO:mad:

Overalls
03-29-2008, 06:02 PM
I don't think Blazing Arrow is as big of a VY fan as this so called Texans fan is.

:fans:

The Dream
03-29-2008, 06:26 PM
^^^probably not....

real talk though, I've been rooting for Vince as long as I've rooted for the Texans......

b0ng
03-29-2008, 07:03 PM
^^^probably not....

real talk though, I've been rooting for Vince as long as I've rooted for the Texans......

I thought you didn't care about the Texans?

Wolf
03-29-2008, 10:26 PM
the question I have is why does this site literally hate this man so much? It seems really pathetic...........

I don't hate the man, I just don't like the Titans(rivals).. Come on Dream you should understand the backlash that was coming afterall. before the draft, ESPiN and all other media outlets were pushing Bush down our throats and if it were from him we were gettng VY pushed down our throats being a local boy and honestly a Texan legend in football with his skills in High School and for UT and winning the national Championship..Heck the mattress man put out a full add to draft VY..and when the Texans went with some workout wonder from North Carolina everybody jumped on the Texans and how stupid they were, from national media, to coworkers, to friends and families to even Cowboy fans.. so when what do you expect when ESPiN makes up all purpose stats to compensate Bush's puny running average and VY not having good stats, Yet the team won without VY having to take over a game like he would in college.

You have to know backlash was coming whether justified or not
and hey Congrats on VY making probowl and we could argue all day long about whether he deserved it or not , stats speak for themselves, but fans like to see their favorites

the pendulum has swung the other side when Mario did better and Vince has struggled with Texan fans

b0ng
03-29-2008, 10:45 PM
Logical well thought-out reasoning

Why even type a huge wall of text? The best you'll get from him is "Well you shouldn't hate on Vince Young because he hasn't done anything to you" meanwhile he (or she) will sound like the most annoying of homers because:

1. Vince Young just wins games
2. He's not as bad as everybody is making out to be, plus, he wins games
3. The Titans had a better record than the Texans therefore Vince Young is a better QB than Matt Schaub
4. The Titans have gone to 2 (two) playoff games since Young has been drafted and the Texans have not

It's all circular, and the VY fan will never understand why Texans fans don't care for VY and don't care for them coming by and trying to tell us how great of a QB he is (hint: he's not even a decent QB at the moment).

There' now The Dream or Blazing Arrow or whatever account that person is signed into at the moment doesn't even have to respond.

Wolf
03-29-2008, 11:02 PM
Why even type a huge wall of text? The best you'll get from him is "Well you shouldn't hate on Vince Young because he hasn't done anything to you" meanwhile he (or she) will sound like the most annoying of homers because:

3. The Titans had a better record than the Texans therefore Vince Young is a better QB than Matt Schaub
4. The Titans have gone to 2 (two) playoff games since Young has been drafted and the Texans have not

It's all circular, and the VY fan will never understand why Texans fans don't care for VY and don't care for them coming by and trying to tell us how great of a QB he is (hint: he's not even a decent QB at the moment).

There' now The Dream or Blazing Arrow or whatever account that person is signed into at the moment doesn't even have to respond.

true..
hopefully I won't fall into the pic I posted a while back

Blazing Arrow
03-29-2008, 11:42 PM

Have you ever noticed I never reply to you?

Reason being ... I do not take on the mentally challenged. At best your comments are a delusional homer who can not see out of Texas but honestly why bother. Every time you post it makes me laugh at you not with you.

Nothing more I can say other then maybe you should read more post before your mouth gets in the way ...

If not you will always be a point of ammusment to me and I appreciate you.

Gold star to you. Put it in your sticker books and PLEASE keep them coming ....

Blazing Arrow
03-29-2008, 11:45 PM

:crazy: .... :secret: ... :thinking:

Specnatz
03-30-2008, 08:17 AM

Reason being ... I do not take on the mentally challenged. At best your comments are a delusional homer who can not see out of Texas but honestly why bother. Every time you post it makes me laugh at you not with you.

Nothing more I can say other then maybe you should read more post before your mouth gets in the way ...

If not you will always be a point of ammusment to me and I appreciate you.

Gold star to you. Put it in your sticker books and PLEASE keep them coming ....

:crazy: .... :secret: ... :thinking:

For someone who does not reply that is twice that you did not reply. And you call him mentally challenged. I am sure if his comments were written in crayon you might have been able to comprehend them and be able to debate them but the easiest thing to do when you have nothing to say is to say that you will not say anything because the comments are not worthy. Typical of a troll who has nothing but feels compelled to say something. Kinda like those stats you were trying to make up before others corrected you and had to force feed you, your own BS like always.

Oh and you will always be a troll whose team sucks so damn bad that to fullfill what sad life you have you have to go to another teams board and make up stats and hope they do not realize it.

Now who is the pathetic one?

Tedc
03-30-2008, 09:13 AM
Just saw VY at a softball tournament. Still limping.

Honoring Earl 34
03-30-2008, 09:53 AM
For someone who does not reply that is twice that you did not reply. And you call him mentally challenged. I am sure if his comments were written in crayon you might have been able to comprehend them and be able to debate them but the easiest thing to do when you have nothing to say is to say that you will not say anything because the comments are not worthy. Typical of a troll who has nothing but feels compelled to say something. Kinda like those stats you were trying to make up before others corrected you and had to force feed you, your own BS like always.

Oh and you will always be a troll whose team sucks so damn bad that to fullfill what sad life you have you have to go to another teams board and make up stats and hope they do not realize it.

He should feel lucky because if you go to the TOMB and say half of what Flaming Sparrow says ... you'll get banned .

In fact you can't have a civil conversation on football without them Hilldwellers going to the well ... you never been to the playoffs card .

For instance ... Hey who do you think y'all will draft in the 1st ? Well ... at least we been to the playoffs .

Honoring Earl 34
03-30-2008, 09:54 AM
Just saw VY at a softball tournament. Still limping.

Probably playing 1st base because he throws funny .

Brando
03-30-2008, 09:59 AM

That sums it up nicely.

b0ng
03-30-2008, 10:43 AM

It's very rare when somebody proves themselves incapable of argument with their very first (improperly formed) sentence. Way to discredit yourself with the very next post guy.

Also, you've pretty much replied to everything I've ever said about you like a lost puppy dog who wants attention.

I just thought I'd point that out to you and everybody else, you can carry on now.

Blazing Arrow
03-30-2008, 10:51 AM
It's very rare when somebody proves themselves incapable of argument with their very first (improperly formed) sentence. Way to discredit yourself with the very next post guy.

Also, you've pretty much replied to everything I've ever said about you like a lost puppy dog who wants attention.

I just thought I'd point that out to you and everybody else, you can carry on now.

Grammar smack ... wow. I am so hurt ... what will I do next? :rolleyes:

Blazing Arrow
03-30-2008, 10:54 AM

Gotta throw a bone every now and then.

What else can be said in this thread. It is 52 pages of bickering back and forth saying the exact same thing on both sides. One side thinks he is over rated the other does not. Nothing has changed since page one. I just want this thread to hit the 100 page mark before next season.

Brando
03-30-2008, 10:59 AM
http://www.kepplerspeakers.com/literature/Hoge-M.jpg

wanted to be included in this thread.

Blazing Arrow
03-30-2008, 11:20 AM
He should feel lucky because if you go to the TOMB and say half of what Flaming Sparrow says ... you'll get banned .

In fact you can't have a civil conversation on football without them Hilldwellers going to the well ... you never been to the playoffs card .

For instance ... Hey who do you think y'all will draft in the 1st ? Well ... at least we been to the playoffs .

I do not post at the TOMB for those exact reasons. I don't even have a login over there. I do appreciate this sight though. Decent posters with a large variety of knowledge with just a hint of sarcastic comedy.

Plus you all are so unbias :spit:

Blazing Arrow
03-30-2008, 11:24 AM

We have only been to one playoff gaming with Young BTW.

The Dream
03-30-2008, 01:17 PM
I don't hate the man, I just don't like the Titans(rivals).. Come on Dream you should understand the backlash that was coming afterall. before the draft, ESPiN and all other media outlets were pushing Bush down our throats and if it were from him we were gettng VY pushed down our throats being a local boy and honestly a Texan legend in football with his skills in High School and for UT and winning the national Championship..Heck the mattress man put out a full add to draft VY..and when the Texans went with some workout wonder from North Carolina everybody jumped on the Texans and how stupid they were, from national media, to coworkers, to friends and families to even Cowboy fans.. so when what do you expect when ESPiN makes up all purpose stats to compensate Bush's puny running average and VY not having good stats, Yet the team won without VY having to take over a game like he would in college.

You have to know backlash was coming whether justified or not
and hey Congrats on VY making probowl and we could argue all day long about whether he deserved it or not , stats speak for themselves, but fans like to see their favorites

the pendulum has swung the other side when Mario did better and Vince has struggled with Texan fans

at least Wolf gave a well thought out reply that makes sense.....I totally understand people being against him, because we passed him up and he's on the Titans, but what I don't understand is some of the pure hatred that a lot of people on here have for a guy who always praises the city of Houston.....you think he'd get some respect............

TexansSeminole
03-30-2008, 01:26 PM
This thread is now worth completely ignoring.

Blazing Arrow
03-30-2008, 01:53 PM
This thread is now worth completely ignoring.

Read back ... it was 30 pages ago.

Trap_Star
03-30-2008, 02:02 PM
VY is from Houston.

Brando
03-30-2008, 02:31 PM
VY is from Houston.

That's what I have been saying, I like Vince he is from my hometown. Good respectful kid that was/still is a Texans fan. I just get tired of all the people that defend him, it's almost like Hulk75 love for David Carr.

Maybe the title of the thread should be changed(All Encompassing Vince Young Thread) or maybe this thread should be closed?

Wolf
03-30-2008, 04:30 PM
http://www.kepplerspeakers.com/literature/Hoge-M.jpg

wanted to be included in this thread.

I can't rep you yet, but I laughed outloud on that one

CloakNNNdagger
03-30-2008, 04:33 PM
Very few would question Young's athletic ability. However, last year, all of Young's innate weaknesses (including poor passing mechanics and inability to read defenses) which he carried from college into the NFL were brutally uncovered. If he manages to stay in the league, it will be because of his legs. If he continues to be able to use his legs alone to stay in the league, his stay will undoubtedly be short.

Overalls
03-30-2008, 04:39 PM
I guess since VY is the only kid from Houston to ever play on a National championship team and to make it to the NFL we all really should lay off him. There is such a derth of Players from Texas that we need to support the only one to ever make it to the NFL. So what if he is an average QB that plays for the owner that I dispise the most. So what if his ability to walk on water was shoved down our throats by 95 % of the general NFL fans for well over a year.

GO VY and the Titans.

The Dream
03-30-2008, 04:40 PM
^^^now that's the spirit!!!!

Trap_Star
03-30-2008, 04:41 PM
VY plays QB.

Overalls
03-30-2008, 05:30 PM
Looks like on one of the ICOU boards there is a little discusion going on about VY blowing off a charity Basketball game. Of course most of them are saying that its no big deal that he backed out of the game he had promised to coach so he could hang with his buds at UTs game instead. I love that man's class.

Old School Coach Steve McNair looked the part on the sideline in a suit, no tie, and hands often in his pockets. He was supposed to be pitted against Vince Young, but Young was a late scratch, apparently because of travel issues.

http://www.tennessean.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080329/SPORTS01/80329023

thunderkyss
03-30-2008, 07:56 PM
Very few would question Young's athletic ability. However, last year, all of Young's innate weaknesses (including poor passing mechanics and inability to read defenses) which he carried from college into the NFL were brutally uncovered. If he manages to stay in the league, it will be because of his legs. If he continues to be able to use his legs alone to stay in the league, his stay will undoubtedly be short.

I don't think Vince is the best QB in the NFL. Far from it. I'd also bet that whoever titled this thread this way, probably did it just to piss off other posters. Most likely the weakest minded individuals here.

He's a second year QB, who's weaknesses have been highlighted by media idiots, and jealous wannabees.

It's true, Young brought many of his weaknesses from college, like he brought many of his weaknesses from highschool. Hopefully, we'll see if he's brought his work ethic, and desire to be better than he is as well.

He's not a finished product... to argue about what he is today, is kinda silly.

Texan_Bill
03-31-2008, 07:53 AM

THE POINT IS, ARROW BROUGHT UP YOUNG IN A COMPLETELY UNRELATED THREAD. HE WAS MERELY REMINDED THAT THERE IS A THREAD STARTED FOR THOSE OF YOU THAT SUCK THE SWEAT OUT OF VY's JOCK....

http://texanstalk.com/forums/showpost.php?p=876922&postcount=25

Texan_Bill
03-31-2008, 07:59 AM
at least Wolf gave a well thought out reply that makes sense.....I totally understand people being against him, because we passed him up and he's on the Titans, but what I don't understand is some of the pure hatred that a lot of people on here have for a guy who always praises the city of Houston.....you think he'd get some respect............

Best move in Texans short history!!!!

Madison? Nope!!!

Texas?? Heck NO!!!

Tennessee??? Not no, but ******* NO!!!!

Blazing Arrow
03-31-2008, 05:22 PM
THE POINT IS, ARROW BROUGHT UP YOUNG IN A COMPLETELY UNRELATED THREAD. HE WAS MERELY REMINDED THAT THERE IS A THREAD STARTED FOR THOSE OF YOU THAT SUCK THE SWEAT OUT OF VY's JOCK....

http://texanstalk.com/forums/showpost.php?p=876922&postcount=25

Even your link disproves what you said. When a comment has a box around it that is a quote. Quotes are taken from previous responses typically in the same thread. That is how this board thing works. Noticed that a handful of garbage was spude out about Young without me even bring him up. It is pretty obvious from the link you gave. I merely replied to it in kind. What is good for the goose and all that right? If he was not brought up by a Texans fan trying to sniff out a dig on the guy that thread would have never concerned Young.

I found it amazing that someone actually suggested trading for Simms and losing more draft picks and Schaub has only been on the team 1 season. It is all in the thread. Take the time to read it before you accuse me of salting your board with Young propaganda.

Texan_Bill
03-31-2008, 05:33 PM
Even your link disproves what you said. When a comment has a box around it that is a quote. Quotes are taken from previous responses typically in the same thread. That is how this board thing works. Noticed that a handful of garbage was spude out about Young without me even bring him up. It is pretty obvious from the link you gave. I merely replied to it in kind. What is good for the goose and all that right? If he was not brought up by a Texans fan trying to sniff out a dig on the guy that thread would have never concerned Young.

I found it amazing that someone actually suggested trading for Simms and losing more draft picks and Schaub has only been on the team 1 season. It is all in the thread. Take the time to read it before you accuse me of salting your board with Young propaganda.

Are you stoned??? You were quoting someone else.... NOt me...

In fact, I refrained from getting into the whole conversation about how bad Young sucks in that thread because it gets boring whenever you hijack a thread.

Specnatz
03-31-2008, 05:44 PM

How many times must one stick his foot so far down ones throat it comes out his arse? Please read the comments after the Schuab and Simms comments and you will see one person ask if it was said tounge and cheek and the response was yes. Sarcasim is hard to get on a message board but when it is pointed out that the comment was sarcasim, one would think you would catch on, but not Blazing Arrow.

You are diffinately not http://i120.photobucket.com/albums/o195/Specnatz/char-sherock.gif

Texan_Bill
03-31-2008, 05:49 PM
What a great find : Amazing Archeological Find! (http://texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=48720) from Cjeremy635. At first it was beleived to be a politician, but I think we have uncoverd an ancestor of Arrow's.

http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l81/cjeremy635/politician.jpg

Trap_Star
03-31-2008, 07:45 PM
VY went to UT.

Blazing Arrow
03-31-2008, 08:05 PM
Are you stoned??? You were quoting someone else.... NOt me...

In fact, I refrained from getting into the whole conversation about how bad Young sucks in that thread because it gets boring whenever you hijack a thread.

I would ask you the same question but it seems I know the answer already.

I figured bolding the comment would have been enough but I guess not. You say I brought Young up in that thread which is not a true statement. Are you arguing that point?

http://texanstalk.com/forums/showpost.php?p=876599&postcount=20

Blazing Arrow
03-31-2008, 08:09 PM
How many times must one stick his foot so far down ones throat it comes out his arse? Please read the comments after the Schuab and Simms comments and you will see one person ask if it was said tounge and cheek and the response was yes. Sarcasim is hard to get on a message board but when it is pointed out that the comment was sarcasim, one would think you would catch on, but not Blazing Arrow.

You are diffinately not http://i120.photobucket.com/albums/o195/Specnatz/char-sherock.gif

I did miss the second comment about the tongue and cheek part. That still does not mean I brought up Young in that thread. It was actually you that took the time to in post 20. Don't let the facts get in the way though ...

Texans_Chick
03-31-2008, 08:14 PM
Everything has worked out best for the Texans and for Vince Young.

The Texans run a version of the WCO, and though VY like all quarterbacks has good and bad points, even his best supporters would probably not say that Kubiak's offiense is ideal for someone who currently doesn't have strengths in reading defenses and pin point accuracy.

Vince Young is in a good situation because he has a owner who thinks VY can do no wrong and a stable head coach who is used to and has experience developing unconventional quarterbacks. He has an owner who thinks it is okay for an NFL quarterback to have limited time around the facility in the offseason. They picked a quarterback who wasn't the ideal fit for their system, so they got rid of the offensive coordinator and got one who is more appropriate for working with an unconventional quarterback.

I think the best way to evaluate such matters is to assume in a way a thought experiment by the philosopher John Rawls. When evaluating a particular situation, you should try to look at it through the "veil of ignorance." I'm not suggesting you be a stupid person, but rather, try to divorce yourself from the personalities, the hype, the biases and allegiances you have. Just look at the basic facts.

That if Vince Young was just Player X with a list of strengths, weaknesses and a certain degree of college success in a particular system.

And the Titans were just Team Z and the Texans were just Team W.

And Kubiak was just Coach A with a style he likes to play, and Fisher was Coach B with a style he likes to play.

Team W's perfect quarterback would not have the attributes that Player X has. In fact, Player X would be probably be precisely the wrong player for Coach A's system. At the same time, Team W, in fact, had huge problems with a lack of talent on defense.

Coach B is used to unconventional quarterbacks. So is the owner of Team Z. So it is a better fit for Player X as the owner doesn't mind jetisoning the offensive coordinator if it doesn't work out.

Eh, probably way too much explaination. The only downside to VY being a Titan is that it is in division and hearing silly people who think he would have been a good fit for the Texans and that it would have made sense salary cap wise to take him.

Blazing Arrow
03-31-2008, 08:33 PM
Add to that the David Carr experiment Young would have been burned at the steak after last season. Two 1st pick QBs that have struggled at times and the FO would have had to barricade the doors to stop fans from tearing them apart.

From a Titans fan perspective we did not have to live with a mistake at QB. We lived through a relatively successful QB in McNair and now are willing to allow Young time to develop. We are winning and going to the playoffs. He might not be winning us games but his play is also not losing us games. Now if we went 4-12 last season and Young had played the way he did I doubt you would see many supporters of Young (as Overalls has mentioned I am not as big a supported of the guy as it would appear. It is just fun to mess with Texans fans sometimes :aggressive: ). We did not and so we allow him additional time. He has another 9 TD and 15+ INT season you are not going to see many people defending him and fans will start questioning the pick even more.

Great post BTW Texans_Chick

Texans_Chick
03-31-2008, 08:49 PM
Add to that the David Carr experiment Young would have been burned at the steak after last season. Two 1st pick QBs that have struggled at times and the FO would have had to barricade the doors to stop fans from tearing them apart.

From a Titans fan perspective we did not have to live with a mistake at QB. We lived through a relatively successful QB in McNair and now are willing to allow Young time to develop. We are winning and going to the playoffs. He might not be winning us games but his play is also not losing us games. Now if we went 4-12 last season and Young had played the way he did I doubt you would see many supporters of Young (as Overalls has mentioned I am not as big a supported of the guy as it would appear. It is just fun to mess with Texans fans sometimes :aggressive: ). We did not and so we allow him additional time. He has another 9 TD and 15+ INT season you are not going to see many people defending him and fans will start questioning the pick even more.

Great post BTW Texans_Chick

Having a defense that was dominant at times really helped the Titans with VY. The Texans certainly would not have had that option, as they were near the bottom of the league even with Williams being a standout last season.

It has been better watching quarterback play that looks like it belongs in the league.

Next year is a critical season for Young. If he continues to be an albatross on the team with his TDs/INTs, there is going to be a lot more criticism than a center suggesting that Young might not know the playbook very well or an offensive coordinator suggesting that your starting quarterback is immature and pouts on the sidelines when things don't go his way. As much as the Texans are concerned with Schaub being healthy for an entire season, the Titans need to be concerned that Young's leg is no longer an issue, as the quad injury he had can become a chronic one.

WesmanTexanfan
03-31-2008, 08:51 PM
I wish I had a gun that could kill threads...:hunter:

Trap_Star
03-31-2008, 08:53 PM

VY played at Madison HS.

Hervoyel
03-31-2008, 11:23 PM

I'm changing my avatar in honor of this sentiment.

Wolf
04-01-2008, 02:01 AM
I'm changing my avatar in honor of this sentiment.

you made me do it again for the third time herv (unless you are huttenese, as in jedi mind tricks don't work on you)

Texan_Bill
04-01-2008, 08:05 AM
I would ask you the same question but it seems I know the answer already.

I figured bolding the comment would have been enough but I guess not. You say I brought Young up in that thread which is not a true statement. Are you arguing that point?

Hey stoner.... This is what happened:

You made a ridiculously wonderlic failing remark about the trade for Schaub; Spec fired back about the Titan's stupid move (known as that failed experiment of trying a running back at the QB position); next YOU were going on your typical rant about OROY and pro-bowls and comparisons to David Carr, blah, blah, etc. :blah: Then Herv called you out (and rightfully so, I might add - because he was dead on) busting ALL your myths about the chosen one.

I'm pretty sure it was shortly thereafter that I reminded you that this thread existed... That way you could spew forth like the other 40 pages.

Oh, and to do my best impersonation a broken record (a la Arrow). Your savior doesn't have much more impressive numbers in his first two seasons than Carr had in his... That's gotta suck....

I know, I know Vince single handedly won more games - all by himself... I know, I know Vince single handedly took them to the play-offs.

Your arguments are tired and boring. At least come up with a new angle.

Tedc
04-01-2008, 08:12 AM
I think that today I can honestly say that VY is the best QB in the league and will one day be looked up upon by the best QBs in the Hall Of Fame and remembered as one of the best things to come out of Texas. He will never be remembered as a QB with speed but a QB with arm strength and accuracy that is only bettered by his uncanny ability to read and break down defenses.

BigBull17
04-01-2008, 08:16 AM
.....This thread is still alive....?

Texan_Bill
04-01-2008, 08:17 AM
I think that today I can honestly say that VY is the best QB in the league and will one day be looked up upon by the best QBs in the Hall Of Fame and remembered as one of the best things to come out of Texas. He will never be remembered as a QB with speed but a QB with arm strength and accuracy that is only bettered by his uncanny ability to read and break down defenses.

:thinking: What's today's date!???

Specnatz
04-01-2008, 08:50 AM
http://www.sportsradio610.com/play_window.php?audioType=Episode&audioId=540022 :specnatz:

:fans: :texan: :texflag:

Texan_Bill
04-01-2008, 08:56 AM
http://www.sportsradio610.com/play_window.php?audioType=Episode&audioId=540022 :specnatz:

Loved that email!! Can't beleive you found it...

I always swore that if I ever met Ian, I would by the man a beer!!!

Specnatz
04-01-2008, 09:42 AM
Loved that email!! Can't beleive you found it...

I always swore that if I ever met Ian, I would by the man a beer!!!

A) it is not hard to find
B) I have it saved on my computer at home and at work.

Double Barrel
04-01-2008, 10:36 AM
Vince who....? :um:

Trap_Star
04-01-2008, 01:34 PM
VY was drafted by the Titans.

Texan_Bill
04-01-2008, 01:37 PM
VY is from Houston.

VY plays QB.

VY went to UT.

VY played at Madison HS.

VY was drafted by the Titans.

EDIT:
Originally Posted by Trap_Star
VY wears #10.

EDIT #2:
VY stands for Vince Young

Dude, you are cracking me up!!!

Trap_Star
04-01-2008, 01:38 PM
VY wears #10.

DBCooper
04-01-2008, 01:53 PM
VY wears #10.

That's not his number, that's his Wonderlic score!

Trap_Star
04-01-2008, 01:55 PM
VY stands for Vince Young.

HOU-TEX
04-01-2008, 05:06 PM
That's not his number, that's his Wonderlic score!

Huh? Did he turn in extra credit or something? :)

Trap_Star
04-01-2008, 07:35 PM
VY almost won the Heisman.

ATXtexanfan
04-01-2008, 08:03 PM
Huh? Did he turn in extra credit or something? :)

lol

ATXtexanfan
04-01-2008, 08:12 PM

that was a wonderful e-mail, i live in the austin area and it's hard to find texan gear but you can find titan gear everywhere, i pimp my gear and the " i'm a texan " tee does get love

Blazing Arrow
04-01-2008, 11:50 PM
that was a wonderful e-mail, i live in the austin area and it's hard to find texan gear but you can find titan gear everywhere, i pimp my gear and the " i'm a texan " tee does get love

Thats odd ... :spit:

Wolf
04-01-2008, 11:55 PM
wow just wow on some of the hatred.. some pics are funny but..
http://www.badjocks.com/archive/2006/vince-young-for-dummies.htm

Trap_Star
04-01-2008, 11:57 PM

http://www.badjocks.com/archive/2006/shortbusvince-large.gif

VY loves to throw up the "hook'em" sign.:heh:

Texan_Bill
04-02-2008, 02:01 PM
http://www.badjocks.com/archive/2006/shortbusvince-large.gif

VY loves to throw up the "hook'em" sign.:heh:

Did Arrow's mom excuse him from school that day? I would've figured he (Arrow) would be right there next to Vincent on the short bus.

HOU-TEX
04-02-2008, 02:06 PM
Did Arrow's mom excuse him from school that day? I would've figured he (Arrow) would be right there next to Vincent on the short bus.

He's there, he's just on his knees looking for Vince's jock strap so he can slurp the sweat from it. :photos:

Texan_Bill
04-02-2008, 02:53 PM
He's there, he's just on his knees looking for Vince's jock strap so he can slurp the sweat from it. :photos:

:spit: ............... lol:

Wolf
04-02-2008, 03:01 PM
http://www.badjocks.com/archive/2006/vincegump.jpg

I can't help but laugh

Trap_Star
04-02-2008, 03:48 PM
VY is listed at 6'5".

Specnatz
04-02-2008, 05:41 PM
Nvm

Texan_Bill
04-02-2008, 05:51 PM
Nvm

lol: lol: lol: lol: lol: lol:

Texan_Bill
04-02-2008, 05:52 PM
Okay... well I guess not!!

Blazing Arrow
04-02-2008, 06:20 PM
Nvm

You once again prove you can not respond to a direct question "irregardles" :thinking: of how obvious the other poster makes it.

Trap_Star
04-02-2008, 10:15 PM
VY defeated Michigan in the Rose Bowl as a sophmore.

TEXANRED
04-02-2008, 10:34 PM

The only problem that I have with this link is the last pictures has him throwing something at a moving target and it connects. No way does that happen in real life.

Specnatz
04-03-2008, 02:08 AM
You once again prove you can not respond to a direct question "irregardles" :thinking: of how obvious the other poster makes it.

And you proved once again how you can fail at the same time prove you suck and make a total and complete jackass out of yourself cause a link did not work. Not to mention you thought it would be funny to try and cut me down for no reason other than your infearior complex. Put this in your pipe and put it where ya want.

Blazing Arrow (http://www.blazing_arrow.justgotowned.com/)

brakos82
04-03-2008, 03:13 AM
Here we go again... :gun:

Line_Producer
04-03-2008, 05:01 AM

Holy %#$, I haven't laughed this hard in a long time. I might be drunk, but damn, it's still funny.

Cheers,
-wil

Texan_Bill
04-03-2008, 09:05 AM

lol: lol: lol: lol: lol: lol:

I was fortunate enough to see it the first time you posted it - (before you had to edit it to "Nvm").... Anyway, it was just as funny the second time around...

Blazing Arrow
04-03-2008, 01:00 PM
And you proved once again how you can fail at the same time prove you suck and make a total and complete jackass out of yourself cause a link did not work. Not to mention you thought it would be funny to try and cut me down for no reason other than your infearior complex. Put this in your pipe and put it where ya want.

Just using your "word", how is that an insult?

The link was pretty funny though. I appreciate your effort.

Bulluck53
04-04-2008, 03:17 AM
Not sure if this has been discussed in here (dont care to go back 50+ pages and look) but i figure this thread could use an actual discussion rather than the usual pissing match.

Did Vince Young make a bad decision by going back to UT this Spring semester? And why?

Silver Oak
04-04-2008, 06:39 AM
it seems with a new off. coordinator coming in, and his continued struggles to learn the pro game, his time would have been spent better in Tennessee, learning his trade rather than hanging with the homies in Austin.

Blazing Arrow
04-04-2008, 01:32 PM
it seems with a new off. coordinator coming in, and his continued struggles to learn the pro game, his time would have been spent better in Tennessee, learning his trade rather than hanging with the homies in Austin.

His decision to return to school was made before he knew Chow was out. Should he have dropped out at that point? I am not really sure but his decision could not have been based on future events.

Wolf
04-04-2008, 01:38 PM
Not sure if this has been discussed in here (dont care to go back 50+ pages and look) but i figure this thread could use an actual discussion rather than the usual pissing match.

Did Vince Young make a bad decision by going back to UT this Spring semester? And why?
It is ok

Seriously, I think it is a good thing that he went back,

as far as timing of it with new OC:
time will tell if it was the right decision for him and the Titans..If he struggles, people will jump at this is the reason he is still struggling among other things esp if the Titans don't draft a stud WR

If he does well, it will be forgotten

Trap_Star
04-04-2008, 01:42 PM
VY is trying to get his edumikation on.

WesmanTexanfan
04-04-2008, 01:44 PM
BANG BANG BANG!!!
DIE THREAD, diiiiieeee!!!!!

Bulluck53
04-04-2008, 02:22 PM
One of the arguments someone could make would be the OC thing but as BA said that wasn't a problem when he made the decisision. It not like he was going to drop out when Chow was fired.

You guys havn't said it yet but a lot of people (Pete Prisco) have a problem with him missing OTA's or everyday practice with his receivers. I don't see the problem. He doesn't go to school on Fridays and starts late on Monday so he has a long weekend to workout in Nashville, and from what we've been told he's took advantage of that this weekend, the first weekend everyone was back.

Here's a fun article if you havn't read it...

http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/story/10756329

KTOWN
04-05-2008, 12:40 PM
This board is outrageous. These people crack me up. Never have I witnessed such hate for an organization. I've seen these titan fans somewhere before....

KTOWN
04-05-2008, 01:33 PM
Titan troll? Nah I'm the guy who is just checking up on the Texans. Not sure if you would wanna start up with me "neck". I might hurt your feelings. Do you people not stay on topic here? Do you people just sling weakass smack about the Titans all day?

brakos82
04-05-2008, 01:35 PM
Titan troll? Nah I'm the guy who is just checking up on the Texans. Not sure if you would wanna start up with me "neck". I might hurt your feelings. Do you people not stay on topic here? Do you people just sling weakass smack about the Titans all day?
I never stay on topic and I almost never smack around Titans (unless they're total assholes, but that's another story)

WesmanTexanfan
04-05-2008, 01:44 PM

TITANS SUCK!!!!!!

Overalls
04-05-2008, 05:38 PM

Don't worry about KLOWN TITAN. They have had to rescue him a couple of times already on GoTitans. He gets slapped around, starts crying, then the thread is modified and locked down. He reeks of lame Jr. High smack. He is just a weak little puppy tired of rolling around in his own feces and is yapping to get off the porch to run with the big dawgs.

KTOWN
04-06-2008, 12:04 AM
awwww not you. The neck strikes again. We were just having fun over on gotitans. They locked us down. A little harsh I think. You guys seem to have a little more freedom with what you can say.

KTOWN
04-06-2008, 12:07 AM
Don't worry about KLOWN TITAN. They have had to rescue him a couple of times already on GoTitans. He gets slapped around, starts crying, then the thread is modified and locked down. He reeks of lame Jr. High smack. He is just a weak little puppy tired of rolling around in his own feces and is yapping to get off the porch to run with the big dawgs.

Man you know my smack was strong. It was fun. They locked it down to help you save face. Tried to keep it clean but they shut us down anyway. Hey this is your home court. I'll stay out of trouble. No disrespect.

WesmanTexanfan
04-06-2008, 02:33 AM
Blazing, how do you feel about KTown comin in and taking over?

Blazing Arrow
04-06-2008, 11:22 AM
Blazing, how do you feel about KTown comin in and taking over?

My goal is to reach 100 pages on this thread before next season so he is helping.

Ktown ... TJ will lock down a thread that gets going with overalls if it gets personal. Keep it on the team. Overalls walk the line but if you react by calling him a "neck" the thread will close quickly. There is plenty of ammo on the Texans no need to call him out or anything ....

http://i164.photobucket.com/albums/u13/BlazingArrow24/gotmilk.jpg

GuerillaBlack
04-06-2008, 11:38 AM
Don't worry about KLOWN TITAN. They have had to rescue him a couple of times already on GoTitans. He gets slapped around, starts crying, then the thread is modified and locked down. He reeks of lame Jr. High smack. He is just a weak little puppy tired of rolling around in his own feces and is yapping to get off the porch to run with the big dawgs.:fans:

People over there think Houston is still the fattest city in America? Really, it is the third skinniest according to the average BMI count on Houston citizens. Check the small market vs. big market thread, page three.

Bulluck53
04-06-2008, 03:03 PM
Well I tried to implement somewhat of a discussion into this thread..... oh well.

Did you guys here Carr is officially a Titan?

Carr Joins Titans (http://www.tennessean.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080405/SPORTS01/80405002/1027)

Blazing Arrow
04-06-2008, 03:12 PM
Well I tried to implement somewhat of a discussion into this thread..... oh well.

Did you guys here Carr is officially a Titan?

Carr Joins Titans (http://www.tennessean.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080405/SPORTS01/80405002/1027)

Carr should help us with depth at CB and our special teams will have a guy who can actually hold onto the ball. We got him for nothing so why not. At worst he is camp competition.

Bulluck53
04-06-2008, 03:14 PM
I just hope he doesn't fumble every punt like everyone else besides Pac. Depth-wise I like the pick-up and you're right, he was cheap.

Blazing Arrow
04-06-2008, 03:28 PM
This team has had allot of issues on ST for years. Pacman filled a gap but even when he was returning it was him running around and completely using speed and elusiveness not great blocking. We need a coaching change or a new perspective but what is happening now is not working even with Pacman.

Bulluck53
04-06-2008, 03:34 PM
Lowry still has his job because of the MCM.... i agree we need a change. I guess he's good in the kicking game but his return teams have been bad.

TEXANRED
04-06-2008, 06:03 PM

Hold on there "Guy". You talk about weak smack and this it the best you come up with? Does your mom know your on the computer again?

Trap_Star
04-06-2008, 06:05 PM
VY has a tat of a rose bush on his arm.

brakos82
04-06-2008, 06:14 PM
He said it's for his grandmother.

infantrycak
04-06-2008, 07:19 PM
He said it's for his grandmother.

He said it is for all the women in his life--mother, sister, grandmother--don't remember the list--one for each I believe.

Trap_Star
04-06-2008, 07:20 PM
VY does not want to upset his other grandmother.

Brando
04-06-2008, 07:23 PM

and V Young on his back....

KTOWN
04-07-2008, 12:06 AM
My goal is to reach 100 pages on this thread before next season so he is helping.

Ktown ... TJ will lock down a thread that gets going with overalls if it gets personal. Keep it on the team. Overalls walk the line but if you react by calling him a "neck" the thread will close quickly. There is plenty of ammo on the Texans no need to call him out or anything ....

http://i164.photobucket.com/albums/u13/BlazingArrow24/gotmilk.jpg
The thing is there is not much ammo on the Texans. They have not been around long enough. These people are well aware of how weak their team is. No sense in us reminding them.

KTOWN
04-07-2008, 12:07 AM
Hold on there "Guy". You talk about weak smack and this it the best you come up with? Does your mom know your on the computer again?

That not the best. It was a simple reply.

Wolf
04-07-2008, 12:09 AM
The thing is there is not much ammo on the Texans. They have not been around long enough. These people are well aware of how weak their team is. No sense in us reminding them.

wow you could have saved some bandwith

:yawn:

KTOWN
04-07-2008, 12:16 AM
wow you could have saved some bandwith

:yawn:

See they are immune to attacks. They have heard it all. Sometimes you have to go personal. The city is fat, their team sucks and the women resemble their mascot. They have heard it all already. Watch someone will respond with "wow thats it? haven't heard that before" They know.

Ckw
04-07-2008, 12:27 AM
See they are immune to attacks. They have heard it all. Sometimes you have to go personal. The city is fat, their team sucks and the women resemble their mascot. They have heard it all already. Watch someone will respond with "wow thats it? haven't heard that before" They know.

And your city has Bud Adams and a quarterback who can't pass the ball. Your point is? Oh and about our women: you've obviously never been to Houston.

Trap_Star
04-07-2008, 12:34 AM
VY loves DJ Screw mix tapes.

Wolf
04-07-2008, 12:40 AM

no , you need to look into the history
lots of us were Oiler fans
bud held the city ransom.
increasing seating, (remove scoreboard), add stuff to astrodome.. city did that and with in what 2 years threaten to move to jacksonville etc etc
then at the beginning of a season states that the Oilers are moving, meanwhile all media focus on "lack of support for Oilers" later in the season.. Aj and other can explain better but .. you and your 12 years of Bud have to learn and you will learn when you finally get a bad coach and you see how Bud Really is like

Specnatz
04-07-2008, 12:44 AM

Listen Jr, why don't you go check out the states with the most Miss Americas and then come back to us and talk smack about how our women look. One thing no one can even think about talking smack about is the beautiful women of Texas except some troll who could not get a women unless she required

http://i195.photobucket.com/albums/z180/NewToEpiphany/07_01_5.jpg

Hervoyel
04-07-2008, 12:47 AM
The thing about smack talk is that invariably the people who are drawn to that kind of stuff also happen to be too stupid to truly make it interesting for the rest of us to bother reading. That's why we have the "Rivalry Talk" sub forum in here. It's named that because the tiny-brained folk who enjoy reading and typing 475+ posts about "how ugly the women are in Nashville vs the women in Houston" wouldn't go in there like they're supposed to if we called it "The Short Bus" or "Titan Trolls Assemble!"

So we call it "Rivalry Talk" and it's where I'm going to move this worthless thread right now.

It should have been done a long time ago. Now I can open up the "National Football League" forum and not have to look at this piece of crap anymore.

Trap_Star
04-07-2008, 12:50 AM
VY loves Houston.

TexanSam
04-07-2008, 12:50 AM
The thing about smack talk is that invariably the people who are drawn to that kind of stuff also happen to be too stupid to truly make it interesting for the rest of us. That's why we have the "Rivalry Talk" sub forum in here. It's named that because the tiny-brained folk who enjoy reading and typing 475 posts about "how ugly the women are in Nashville vs the women in Houston" won't go in there like they're supposed to if we called it "The Short Bus" or "Titan Trolls Assemble!"

So we call it "Rivalry Talk" and it's where I'm going to move this worthless thread right now. It should have been done a long time ago.

Agreed. I find it lame for any Texans fan, or any fan in general, to make fun of the state of Tennessee by using some moronic incest statement. That's not rivalry talk. It's just a stupid, idiotic reply. It's very annoying.

KTOWN
04-07-2008, 12:53 AM
no , you need to look into the history
lots of us were Oiler fans
bud held the city ransom.
increasing seating, (remove scoreboard), add stuff to astrodome.. city did that and with in what 2 years threaten to move to jacksonville etc etc
then at the beginning of a season states that the Oilers are moving, meanwhile all media focus on "lack of support for Oilers" later in the season.. Aj and other can explain better but .. you and your 12 years of Bud have to learn and you will learn when you finally get a bad coach and you see how Bud Really is like
Totally agree. Bud is a punk and gave your town the big screw. Don't worry he gets booed here as well. Nobody much cares for the guy. We carry on the great tradition of hating that man.

Ckw
04-07-2008, 01:17 AM
The thing about smack talk is that invariably the people who are drawn to that kind of stuff also happen to be too stupid to truly make it interesting for the rest of us to bother reading. That's why we have the "Rivalry Talk" sub forum in here. It's named that because the tiny-brained folk who enjoy reading and typing 475+ posts about "how ugly the women are in Nashville vs the women in Houston" wouldn't go in there like they're supposed to if we called it "The Short Bus" or "Titan Trolls Assemble!"

So we call it "Rivalry Talk" and it's where I'm going to move this worthless thread right now.

It should have been done a long time ago. Now I can open up the "National Football League" forum and not have to look at this piece of crap anymore.

What's even more worthless are the fans that go on other team's boards just to get the people all riled up. Good idea to move the thread regardless.

Ckw
04-07-2008, 01:20 AM
Listen Jr, why don't you go check out the states with the most Miss Americas and then come back to us and talk smack about how our women look. One thing no one can even think about talking smack about is the beautiful women of Texas except some troll who could not get a women unless she required

http://i195.photobucket.com/albums/z180/NewToEpiphany/07_01_5.jpg

Nice post by the way. Rep. Not sure if your statistics on Texas women winning the Miss Americas is correct but Texas women are the best anywhere, in my opinion. I've been all over the states and all over Europe and I still love to come back to my Texas women. Gorgeous and can cook. Nuff said.

Texan_Bill
04-07-2008, 08:11 AM

Dude put the bong down....

You're insulting a city for being fat when YOUR city has NO professional football team (or any team, for that matter), it's is a college town and is rated one of the worst cities for asthma and allergies... Lot's to be proud of there Tinnbred. :rolleyes:

Tinnbreds: The Tennessee Titans Have the Worst Name in All of Sport

The best I can figure is that Bud Adams likes alliteration, doesn't know much about Greek mythology, but figured "Tennessee Tuxedos" was out of the question.

To add insult to injury, the logo choice of a flaming tack/flaming meatball might also be one of the worst logos in sport too. Adams said, "I feel we have developed a logo that fans throughout the state of Tennessee and around the country will embrace for years to come."

The Tennessee Titans Have the Worst Name in All of Sport (http://sports.aol.com/fanhouse/2007/11/28/the-tennessee-titans-have-the-worst-name-in-all-of-sport/5) (Courtesy of our own Stephanie S. -or- TC)

Titan
Titan, in Greek religion and mythology, one of 12 primeval deities. The female Titan is also called Titaness. The Titans—six sons and six daughters—were the children of Uranus and Gaea. They were Kronos, Iapetus, Hyperion, Oceanus, Coeus, Creus, Theia, Rhea, Mnemosyne, Phoebe, Tethys, and Themis. The name Titan was sometimes applied also to their descendants, such as Prometheus, Atlas, Hecate, Selene, and Helios. The Titans, led by Kronos, deposed their father and ruled the universe.

Link: Titans in Greek Mythology (http://www.infoplease.com/ce6/society/A0848868.html)

So in short, Titans are the cannibalistic inbred children of Uranus....

KTOWN
04-07-2008, 01:32 PM
Not from Knoxville. Live here for school. I hate it so if you guys wanna jump on Knoxville it's cool. I'm down. Nashville is my home.

HOU-TEX
04-07-2008, 01:44 PM
TITANS SUCK!!!!!!

This post by Wes says it all.

:chickendance:

/End Thread/

Double Barrel
04-07-2008, 02:35 PM
Totally agree. Bud is a punk and gave your town the big screw. Don't worry he gets booed here as well. Nobody much cares for the guy. We carry on the great tradition of hating that man.

C'mon, give the boy some credit, he's seeing eye-to-eye with us on some things! :howdy:

Texan_Bill
04-07-2008, 02:39 PM
C'mon, give the boy some credit, he's seeing eye-to-eye with us on some things! :howdy:

NEVER....!!!!

That hatred is sacred to all of those old die-hard [B]Houston Oilers fans and is not to be shared with a fan of any other team. Oh, there will posers out there that suggest they know what its like to hate on 'the rug'... But really, they'll never 'know'

KTOWN
04-07-2008, 02:58 PM
I was just trying to relate. Bud sucks. It is common knowledge.

Brando
04-07-2008, 02:59 PM
I was just trying to relate. Bud sucks. It is common knowledge.

Yep it starts from the top.:pirate:

KTOWN
04-07-2008, 03:19 PM
Don't support my team blindly. I know the problems and history. I'll gladly smack them around when it is needed.

Errant Hothy
04-07-2008, 03:28 PM
Don't support my team blindly. I know the problems and history. I'll gladly smack them around when it is needed.

What...like Pac-Man and his latest stripper friend?

KTOWN
04-07-2008, 03:38 PM
I don't have that kid of money. Last time I checked he was headed your way. Said he feel more at home deep in the heart of texas.

Brando
04-07-2008, 03:39 PM
I don't have that kid of money. Last time I checked he was headed your way. Said he feel more at home deep in the heart of texas.

Dallas is not in Texas. :whistle:

Errant Hothy
04-07-2008, 03:40 PM

Pac would probably feel right at home in Dallas, what with the telephone, the electricity, the indoor plumbing, and the stoplights and all.

TEXANRED
04-07-2008, 03:42 PM
VY loves Houston.

Heres one.

VY wishes he was a Texan.

TEXANRED
04-07-2008, 03:43 PM
Dallas is not in Texas. :whistle:

Amen to that. Dallas is South Oklahoma.

KTOWN
04-07-2008, 03:47 PM
VY would have wanted to be a Texan. I believe he wanted to in his heart. It is not hard to see that at all. From Houston. Played at Texas. Could have been drafted by his home town squad.

Brando
04-07-2008, 03:52 PM
VY would have wanted to be a Texan. I believe he wanted to in his heart. It is not hard to see that at all. From Houston. Played at Texas. Could have been drafted by his home town squad.

Yes because he loves Texas and always will. We know where his heart is at.

Trap_Star
04-07-2008, 07:35 PM
Heres one.

VY wishes he was a Texan.

don't get ahead of me now. :wild:

VY runs better than he throws.

DBCooper
04-07-2008, 11:52 PM

And thank God he was NOT!

Trap_Star
04-08-2008, 01:51 PM
VY is listed at 230 pounds.

Texan_Bill
04-08-2008, 05:47 PM
VY is listed at 230 pounds.

I wanna try....

VY throws more interceptions than touchdowns.

WesmanTexanfan
04-08-2008, 05:48 PM

I bet he barks for a trade before its all said and done.....

Blazing Arrow
04-08-2008, 06:13 PM
I bet he barks for a trade before its all said and done.....

Yeah when the Texans get good .... :spit:

Texan_Bill
04-08-2008, 06:17 PM

We don't want or need him now, why would we want him next season?? :smiliedance:

Honoring Earl 34
04-08-2008, 06:19 PM
We don't want or need him now, why would we want him next season?? :smiliedance:

To play the slash position .

HJam72
04-08-2008, 06:25 PM
VY is the runningback we've been looking for. :fans:

swtbound07
04-08-2008, 06:47 PM

It saddens me that the earth wastes its natural resources on something like you.

Blazing Arrow
04-08-2008, 06:49 PM

:spit: on right I almost forgot it is offseason.

About game 10 this is your typical Texans fan -> :crying:

swtbound07
04-08-2008, 06:55 PM

i'd show your typical titans fan,

but they don't have an incest smiley.

WesmanTexanfan
04-08-2008, 07:00 PM

tears of 10-0 joy!!!!:wesmantexanfan:

Blazing Arrow
04-08-2008, 07:13 PM
tears of 10-0 joy!!!!:wesmantexanfan:

Tentatively in the year 2364

Bulluck53
04-08-2008, 10:13 PM
Agreed. I find it lame for any Texans fan, or any fan in general, to make fun of the state of Tennessee by using some moronic incest statement. That's not rivalry talk. It's just a stupid, idiotic reply. It's very annoying.

Thats a rep... not because you defended Tennessee but because you're dead on. It's immature and not very creative.

TexanSam
04-08-2008, 11:10 PM
Thats a rep... not because you defended Tennessee but because you're dead on. It's immature and not very creative.

I agree. Now I have no problems with trash talking. But it can get to the point where it's just pure stupidity coming out of people's mouths.

Texans fans on this board would get all riled up if either you, KTOWN, or Blazing Arrow said something extremely derogatory about the state of Texas. People would call you classless, immature, etc...

But when a Texans poster uses extremely childish and retarded insults at Tennessee by saying something about "incest" it somehow qualifies as trash talk. The same probably takes place at every single board, but that doesn't make it any less stupid.

Bulluck53
04-08-2008, 11:19 PM
Yea it goes on everywhere. Sometimes it can be funny and I'll even play along with it, but when its used over and over as an only defense it starts being more derogatory in my eyes. Oh well though, if thats someone's only shot at the Titans I guess we're in good shape.

GuerillaBlack
04-08-2008, 11:24 PM
It happens here and at the Titans board. I'm guilty of it here. I am not a member at any Titan boards and don't plan to be.

Hervoyel
04-08-2008, 11:34 PM
Honestly I think there's a "collection" of states where all of the same insults get tossed around in slightly different forms and you kind of know if you live in one of those states because you grow up hearing it.

If the town you live in has a Civil War "Second Place Trophy" in the town square then odds are pretty good that your home state is in that collection. Hint, both Tennessee and Texas catch flak and we both know it's still somewhat deserved.

We throw rocks at each other but we also both breathe a sigh of relief that we're not Arkansas.

Blazing Arrow
04-08-2008, 11:38 PM
LoL I clicked the reply in the wrong thread.

Trap_Star
04-09-2008, 11:11 AM
VY likes to Rick Roll himself at least 4 times a day.

Trap_Star
04-10-2008, 08:02 PM
VY would bump this thread.

Specnatz
04-12-2008, 08:36 AM

Listen Jr, why don't you go check out the states with the most Miss Americas and then come back to us and talk smack about how our women look. One thing no one can even think about talking smack about is the beautiful women of Texas except some troll who could not get a women

http://www.barbizonhouston.com/models/crystle/crystle-9.jpg :this: Miss USA Crystle Stewart from Texas

Since Missouri City is one of the little towns that is part of Houston Area I would point out to Jr and all the other tinheads who have made stupid statements about our great city.

http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&ie=UTF8&ll=29.690439,-95.399437&spn=0.210265,0.319977&t=p&z=12

Specnatz
04-12-2008, 08:42 AM

Wolf
04-12-2008, 10:44 AM
Specnatz you need to be nice and feel compasion for our Tennessee friends. After all their Miss Tennessee was born in Kentucky

:lion: http://misstennesseeusa.com/tnusa08_bio.html

:specnatz:

KTOWN
04-13-2008, 04:04 PM
Once again it was a joke. I had no scientific evidence to back that up. I'm sure there are plenty of beautiful women all over Texas.

Trap_Star
04-13-2008, 04:57 PM
VY loves women from Texas.

Wolf
04-13-2008, 05:16 PM
so VY gets his own flag for :mario: to pounce on?

http://www.joystiq.com/media/2006/01/Texas-Hammer-Bros-flag.jpg

Errant Hothy
04-14-2008, 03:32 PM
http://www.tmz.com/tmz_main_video?titleid=1504332335

Honoring Earl 34
04-14-2008, 07:35 PM
A women from Nashville invented the toothbrush .

If it were a Texas gal it would have been a teethbrush . :spit:

WesmanTexanfan
04-14-2008, 08:08 PM
The Two Timing Terrible Tiny Tot Tenessee Titans SUCK!

Bubbajwp
04-14-2008, 08:10 PM
Every time I see this thread title I go. :thinking: What?

Trap_Star
04-16-2008, 10:03 AM
VY was born Vincent Paul Young, Jr. on May 18, 1983.

BigBull17
04-16-2008, 10:19 AM

Hey, if we start 10-0 in 2364, Ill be very excited. Maybe happy enough to rise from the grave to watch.

Texan_Bill
04-16-2008, 10:28 AM

Says the fan of a team that hasn't won anything either....

eriadoc
04-16-2008, 11:20 AM
I really hope this thread is cathartic, because after 61 pages, I better not ever see any more VY love on the rest of the board! :aggressive:

WesmanTexanfan
04-16-2008, 11:23 AM
http://www.bannedbanner.com/gallery/thread_sucks.jpg

WesmanTexanfan
04-16-2008, 11:27 AM
Pinky and the Brain!

http://bioethics.net/podcast/images/pinky_and_the_brain.jpg

Here to save the thread!

Texan_Bill
04-16-2008, 11:49 AM
VY was born Vincent Paul Young, Jr. on May 18, 1983.

Trap_Star knows waaaay too much about VY.

Trap_Star
04-16-2008, 12:39 PM

TS loves VY...

to poop on.

ATRAIN
04-17-2008, 08:08 AM
Man Ive neglected this thread for a while. I had my first VY argument of the year yesterday hahaha. Austin VY homers are funny.

Trap_Star
04-17-2008, 07:11 PM
VY is a VY homer.

KTOWN
04-17-2008, 10:43 PM
Hey I was just wondering if you guys have the same problem we do in Tennessee. We have a ton of tools that walk around east Tennessee sporting Colts gear just because Gayton Manning was a Vol. Do you people have the same problem in Austin, Houston ect. with people wearing VY Titans jerseys? Pretty much just liking a pro team because a player from their favorite school got drafted by that team.

Wolf
04-17-2008, 10:46 PM
Hey I was just wondering if you guys have the same problem we do in Tennessee. We have a ton of tools that walk around east Tennessee sporting Colts gear just because Gayton Manning was a Vol. Do you people have the same problem in Austin, Houston ect. with people wearing VY Titans jerseys? Pretty much just liking a pro team because a player from their favorite school got drafted by that team.

i can speak for Austin,Texas YES

Honoring Earl 34
04-17-2008, 10:54 PM

Trap Star has VY underoos .

Go to the TOMB and see all the transplants . I noticed at the Texans game vs the Titans there's some #10 Titan jerseys .

It's funny ... after the Denver ... Mario had 14.5 sacks I think . I asked a group of VY fans who was having the better year VY or Mario . They all said VY . They did'nt believe me when I said it was Mario and not even that close ... I guess they're not big football fans .

Blazing Arrow
04-18-2008, 12:14 AM
He had 13 sacks .... after the Denver

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/7750

YellerLotYeller
04-18-2008, 12:24 AM
He had 13 sacks .... after the Denver

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/7750

True true VY had more(17)........oh wait thats ints.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/7752

Blazing Arrow
04-18-2008, 12:37 AM
True true VY had more(17)........oh wait thats ints.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/7752

That was the simplest chart I could find ... sorry.

Overalls
04-18-2008, 06:48 AM

We try not to make a point to notice their being different or speak about them in harsh terms. It isn't nice to be impolite to someone just because they are mentally challenged.

ChildressTitanMan
04-19-2008, 06:04 PM

Don't forget this thread when you lose our bet Bill. I expect you to turn into a full on VY homer.:thisbig:

Trap_Star
05-03-2008, 06:56 PM
VY would refuse to let this thread die.

bah007
05-03-2008, 08:05 PM

I wish you would.

Hervoyel
05-03-2008, 08:40 PM

I want to give you negative rep for posting on this piece of dung after two weeks of peace and quiet. I just can't bring myself to do it.

Mario Williams would sack this thread right now (so that's what I'm going to do).

Edit: I couldn't do that either. Too much like censorship in my opinion. I do wish you guys would let this damned thing die. I consider it dysfunctional that Vince Young has a 1222 post long thread on an opponents board. If this was anywhere but "Rivalry Talk" I'd have pulled the life support plug on it.

Brando
05-03-2008, 08:46 PM
I want to give you negative rep for posting on this piece of dung after two weeks of peace and quiet. I just can't bring myself to do it.

Mario Williams would sack this thread right now (so that's what I'm going to do).

Edit: I couldn't do that either. Too much like censorship in my opinion. I do wish you guys would let this damned thing die. I consider it dysfunctional that Vince Young has a 1222 post long thread on an opponents board. If this was anywhere but "Rivalry Talk" I'd have pulled the life support plug on it.

How about changing the title of the thread? I was glad when it was moved to the rivalry section. That way people will know it is a joke. :)

Trap_Star
05-03-2008, 09:21 PM
How about changing the title of the thread? I was glad when it was moved to the rivalry section. That way people will know it is a joke. :)

This will be my last post in this thread.

:locked:

lol...people don't already know this thread is a joke?:spit:

well...im done with this thread as well.

VY sucks.
/thread.

KTOWN
05-05-2008, 10:23 AM
This is the best thread on the message board. Hey guys did you know VY is the best QB in the NFL?

TEXANRED
05-06-2008, 07:49 PM
lol...people don't already know this thread is a joke?:spit:

well...im done with this thread as well.

VY sucks.
/thread.
VY wouldn't suck if the OLine was given time to gel, better WR's, a better running game, better O.C., a better H.C. and more support from his fans.

Maybe if he finally got that damn rose for his other grandma he would play more even and balanced.

TexansLucky13
05-06-2008, 08:24 PM
I hope the "Disproving evolution" thread lasts this long. It is equally ridiculous.

ATXtexanfan
05-06-2008, 09:03 PM
VY sucks more than reggie bush

Bulluck53
05-07-2008, 02:42 AM
VY sucks more than reggie bush

thats a little ambitious....

Wolf
05-14-2008, 12:10 AM
sorry for bringing this thread back up and didn't want to start a new thread
but wow

... just stumbled on this tonight searching for something else..(don't know why topix.com listed this at the top of the search when I was doing a houston Texans search

take it what it is worth page 2 of ESPiN.
march 6,2006
http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=whitlock/060309&campaign=rsssrch&source=jason_whitlock
You have to wonder whether Vince Young knows what job he's applying for, or if he even realizes that he is "applying" for a job.

Vince Young
AP Photo/Tim Larsen
Vince Young's got some things to learn if he's going to succeed in the NFL. (AP Photo/Tim Larsen)

The NFL doesn't recruit starting quarterbacks. It's not the Marines out looking for a few good men. When it comes to picking its quarterbacks, The League is Halle Berry on Oscar night. She can pick any designer she pleases, and the world's most renowned designers are just grateful for the opportunity to be considered.

Vince Young doesn't get this. He thinks joining the NFL will be similar to joining the NCAA. He mistakenly believes he's holding all (or most of) the cards, and that come April's draft some lucky GM is going to feel like a lottery winner when Vince Young stands next to Paul Tagliabue and pulls on a Saints or Texans or Titans cap.

Vince Young is clueless. And I'm not talking about his score on the Wonderlic test. I'm talking about his understanding of what it takes to make it in the NFL as a quarterback.

Humility is the No. 1 ingredient.

The most prestigious and most difficult job in all of sports -- NFL quarterback -- is played at a high level by the men willing to humble themselves and prepare like each Sunday is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity.

This isn't the NBA, and Young isn't Shaquille O'Neal. You don't get the first half of the season to play your way into shape. It's not Major League Baseball, and Young isn't Roger Clemens. You don't get to stay at home with your family on certain road trips.

This isn't the University of Texas, and Young is no longer able to rely on his superior athleticism and instincts to outduel his competitors.

Young's success in the NFL will hinge almost exclusively on his willingness to prepare. And that's exactly what Young's Wonderlic score and other curious decisions call into question -- his will to prepare and his level of humility.

Bulluck53
05-14-2008, 11:25 AM
The kid has said many times he can't wait to get into camp an work with Heimerdinger (and Chow and the QBs coach for that matter) and learn the offense, learn how to be a better QB. To me that shows that he doesn't think he can step in and win.

Texan_Bill
05-14-2008, 11:39 AM
*must resist..... must resist*

Overalls
05-14-2008, 11:40 AM
The kid has said many times he can't wait to get into camp an work with Heimerdinger (and Chow and the QBs coach for that matter) and learn the offense, learn how to be a better QB. To me that shows that he doesn't think he can step in and win.

Does his basket weaving teacher know he is thinking about football and not the big final exam on cross-stitching?

Texans_Chick
05-14-2008, 11:41 AM

I remember that article when it came out. I believe it was a little overblown. I think he made an excellent point as it relates to VY's agent.

But the general and more important point that Whitlock makes is the one about preparation. There are questions over how hard VY works to learn his job. Running off to take summer school doesn't help with the perception that QBing is Young's first priority.

Bulluck53
05-14-2008, 11:55 AM
He wants to finish school. He was in Nashville every Friday through Monday working with Heimerdinger for the last month and a half. I can't blame him for wanting to further his education and the fact that he made it back that much? I credit him for caring enough to work his schedule around it. He very easily could have stayed in Texas, asked the receivers to come to him (like he did last year) and study his playbook on his own.

Bulluck53
05-14-2008, 11:57 AM
Does his basket weaving teacher know he is thinking about football and not the big final exam on cross-stitching?

Basket weaving? good one :yawn:

He took knitting

Carr Bombed
05-14-2008, 04:14 PM
I just can't wait for....

http://www.kepplerspeakers.com/literature/Hoge-M.jpg VShttp://www.prosportsmemorabilia.com/Images/Product/33-89/33-89335-P.jpg III

Vince "twinkle toes" Young took the first bout, Merrill "The Butcher" Hodge bounced back in the rematch.........in the rubber match of '08 Legacies are on the line.

KTOWN
05-14-2008, 07:21 PM
Merrill Hodge is a dick. I never understood his attacks on VY. I'm sure they will continue this fall.

Honoring Earl 34
05-14-2008, 07:59 PM
Merrill Hodge is a dick. I never understood his attacks on VY. I'm sure they will continue this fall.

He's trying to save face .

bah007
05-14-2008, 09:09 PM
He's trying to save face .

Vince helped him with that last year.

TEXANRED
05-14-2008, 10:21 PM

Maybe b/c VY sucks?

Name me another 50% completion passer who throws 20+ INT's in a year that gets rainbows and sunshine thrown there way by sports casters.

Texan_Bill
05-15-2008, 09:47 AM
Vince helped him with that last year.

Exactly... Vince did nothing except help further Hodges' assessments on vincent.

Blazing Arrow
05-15-2008, 04:34 PM
Blah blah blah ... we need to get this thread moving again if we are going to hit my 100 page mark at start of season. I know preseason will probably add another 15 pages and random babble will give us another 5 or so but that is no were near the mark.

Young wins games no question about it. Look at the Titans record! :bat:

Texan_Bill
05-15-2008, 04:39 PM
I condensed ALL of the :blah: :blah: :blah: right here for you: Flaming Sparrows Posts (http://texanstalk.com/forums/search.php?searchid=209130)

Enjoy!!

You're Welcome.

Blazing Arrow
05-15-2008, 04:40 PM
I condensed ALL of the :blah: :blah: :blah: right here for you: Flaming Sparrows Posts (http://texanstalk.com/forums/search.php?searchid=209130)

Enjoy!!

You're Welcome.

Possibly you could not read them. Maybe take a page from Youngs book and go back to school?

Texan_Bill
05-15-2008, 04:46 PM
Possibly you could not read them. Maybe take a page from Youngs book and go back to school?

I've had the displeasure of reading too many of them...

As far as going back to school, I certainly would't go back for under-water basket weaving. With that said, rest assured that I won't take any page from vincent to include but not limited to education, tattoo art work, or speech and communications.... That dog don't hunt.

Second Honeymoon
05-15-2008, 04:52 PM
I'm no VY hater at all, to the contrary, I like the guy, but he had a subpar sophomore season with the Titans. His ability to digest a playbook has always been a problem with him and as much as I like him going back to finish his degree, I think he probably needs to spend his energy comprehending the playbook and not trying to memorize the elements on the periodic table.

The problem with VY and thus the Titans, is that the management does not seem to be committed to winning a championship. They seem to be happy just printing money for Bud Adams' estate.

I am not deluded enough to say the Texans have done everything possible to bringing a championship to their fans, but I do think they are making far more effort and it shows on their talent on the roster, their salary cap number, and their facilities/operating protocols (charter flights, hotels, banquets, facilities, synergy in community, etc.) Every time I see that only Buffalo spends loss on players, I thank God that Bud is gone. I would love to have the name, the uniforms, and the history of the Oilers, but parting with those things were worth it if it meant getting rid of Bud once and for all.

Carr Bombed
05-15-2008, 05:26 PM
Young's teamates have to throw him on their backs and carry him through games no question about it. :bat:

*fixed*

b0ng
05-15-2008, 06:48 PM
What's the best thing Vince Young could do for his career right now?

If you guessed getting photographed drunk in a gay atlanta bar surrounded by shirtless men, you're right! (http://www.atlnightspots.com/?p=4184)

http://img171.imageshack.us/img171/551/vince20220bxak4.jpg

GuerillaBlack
05-15-2008, 06:55 PM
What's the best thing Vince Young could do for his career right now?

If you guessed getting photographed drunk in a gay atlanta bar surrounded by shirtless men, you're right! (http://www.atlnightspots.com/?p=4184)

http://img171.imageshack.us/img171/551/vince20220bxak4.jpg

I knew it! I always knew it!

Someone rep this man. I can't rep him because of "blah, blah, blah".

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d94/aimjusmiselph/Vince20520bx.jpg