PDA

View Full Version : Vince Young and the Disappearing Sausage Trick

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9

WesmanTexanfan
01-18-2008, 01:08 PM
I did not start the thread and do not agree with its title.

VINCE HAS BEEN A JOKE for 2 years, i thought the title of the thread was being sarcastic..... NO???

Texan_Bill
01-18-2008, 01:12 PM
According to the Fox pregame show. :rofl:

VINCE HAS BEEN A JOKE for 2 years, i thought the title of the thread was being sarcastic..... NO???

Yeah, I'd say MT was being sarcastic with this thread.

Blazing Arrow
01-18-2008, 01:34 PM
Scenario:
"x" team gets the ball on their own 10 yard line...Proceeds to cut through the Tinnbred defense like a knife through warm butter - until they reach the Tinnbred 35 yard line.... Pac-man, intercepts and returns for a TD... The defense gave up 55 yards in one drive and yet scored a TD. That's potentially a 12 (14 with extra) point turnaround. Stats dont always tell the whole story....

You're right... The Tinnbreds had 21 other guys that didn't contribute to that OT victory. Vincent played that entire game by himself!! :rolleyes:

You keep going back to that game, but I can tell you that many people that I tailgate with kind of called that scenario before it ever even happened - so we're over it.. But if you want to act like Cowboy fan, living in the past, by all means knock yourself out!!!

I think you should review the points against the Titans in '06. I can recall a few games we gave up 40+ points. SD, Dallas ....

Me going back to that game is about as lame as this thread going on for 30+ pages.

What is really funny is I can almost write the next few posts.

I am sure there will be some quick unfounded jab about the Titans with some lame nickname that TT failthful find funny. Followed by a homosexual joke. Seems to be the norm for this sight. Are you all really that scared of gay people? Oh next a post about how I am a Young jock sniffer though I have not proped the guy in over 10+ pages. Another dig at me while making reference to Young and his INTs.

Is there really anything more this thread can gain? :twocents:

Blazing Arrow
01-18-2008, 01:37 PM

So now the OROY is a joke? Seems the people who are paid to do what you do for a hobby think differently.

You add "tinbread" or "flaming tack" and this would fit post one. Come on guys don't fail me on this one.

kastofsna
01-18-2008, 01:43 PM
Anthony Thomas was rookie of the year once.

Texan_Bill
01-18-2008, 01:43 PM
So now the OROY is a joke? Seems the people who are paid to do what you do for a hobby think differently.

In 2006 it certainly was, considering: MJD, Maroney and Joseph Adai, were in that class. :whistle:

WesmanTexanfan
01-18-2008, 01:49 PM

You add "tinbread" or "flaming tack" and this would fit post one. Come on guys don't fail me on this one.

the man is a an NFL WIDEOUT....... if rededicates himself and wrecks next year i will come back to this thread(because im sure it will still be here) and apologize.....

Honoring Earl 34
01-18-2008, 01:52 PM

Yea ... but now he has to become a real QB and not the 2nd coming of Bobby Douglas .

Blazing Arrow
01-18-2008, 01:57 PM
In 2006 it certainly was, considering: MJD, Maroney and Joseph Adai, were in that class. :whistle:

Now OROY should be based on future preformance?

ATX
01-18-2008, 01:58 PM
No OROY should be based on future preformance?

No, but there's plenty of good reasons why those guys deserved it more.

WesmanTexanfan
01-18-2008, 02:03 PM

are you a titans fan or a UT fan??? just wondering?

Blazing Arrow
01-18-2008, 02:13 PM
the man is a an NFL WIDEOUT....... if rededicates himself and wrecks next year i will come back to this thread(because im sure it will still be here) and apologize.....

The opinion of a Fins coach. I am sorry if I do not put much wieght in anything coming out of a team who has had back to back top 10 draft pick season.

I am a Titans fan ... check the sig.

Specnatz
01-18-2008, 02:13 PM
are you a titans fan or a UT fan??? just wondering?

Not defending Flaming Sparrow but he is a titans fan who was also an Oilers fan. He lives in the land of fruits and nutz (that is just the leaders there), not that there is anything wrong with that.

Texan_Bill
01-18-2008, 02:14 PM

Ummmm no... In his rookie season, Joseph Adai rushed for 1,000 and won a super bowl. How is that 'future performance'??. It was the same year vincent won the OROY...

MJD rushed for just under a 1,000 yards on 166 carries which = 5.7 ypc average and added 463 yards receiving - that same year.

Blazing Arrow
01-18-2008, 02:32 PM
Ummmm no... In his rookie season, Joseph Adai rushed for 1,000 and won a super bowl. How is that 'future performance'??. It was the same year vincent won the OROY...

MJD rushed for just under a 1,000 yards on 166 carries which = 5.7 ypc average and added 463 yards receiving - that same year.

This argument does not need to be rehashed. Each player had differnt aspects that showed they could have won the OROY. Young had the greatest comeback by a rookie QB in NFL hisotry. Had over a 100 QB rating in the 4th quarter. Most rushing yards by a rookie QB.

I was honestly suprised by the pick but can see arguments to why he got it.

ATX
01-18-2008, 02:34 PM
This argument does not need to be rehashed. Each player had differnt aspects that showed they could have won the OROY. Young had the greatest comeback by a rookie QB in NFL hisotry. Had over a 100 QB rating in the 4th quarter. Most rushing yards by a rookie QB.

I'm sure media hype wasn't one of them either.

Specnatz
01-18-2008, 02:35 PM

If you are referring to a certain game in which the Kicker kicked the winning field goal and the Int run back for a TD by Qubert, others had more to do with that comeback than the princess.

Blazing Arrow
01-18-2008, 02:42 PM
If you are referring to a certain game in which the Kicker kicked the winning field goal and the Int run back for a TD by Qubert, others had more to do with that comeback than the princess.

He picked up a key 1st on a 4th down run that kept us alive and evaded a sure sack that kept us alive. As it has been stated it is a team sport. Does that mean :barf: Elway does not get any credit for his comebacks?

Specnatz
01-18-2008, 02:46 PM
He picked up a key 1st on a 4th down run that kept us alive and evaded a sure sack that kept us alive. As it has been stated it is a team sport. Does that mean :barf: Elway does not get any credit for his comebacks?

The sack you are referring to was kinda bogus in a way. The palyer got a ruffing penalty earlier in the game and he drove VY back 8 yards and did not want to hurt the team so he let vy go.

Elway did it with his legs and arms mostly, but of course the QB gets all the glory and all the blame, it is has its always been and always be.

Blazing Arrow
01-18-2008, 03:04 PM
The sack you are referring to was kinda bogus in a way. The palyer got a ruffing penalty earlier in the game and he drove VY back 8 yards and did not want to hurt the team so he let vy go.

Elway did it with his legs and arms mostly, but of course the QB gets all the glory and all the blame, it is has its always been and always be.

The roughing call came two games earlier. You can't play the game walking on egg shells. That is the best way to lose your job.

Texan_Bill
01-18-2008, 03:08 PM

YUP.. that rookie defensive lineman for the Giants, screwed up by 'thinking' (afterall, like you said, he had just been penalized for roughing) - rather than just driving vincent into the turf a la 'Fat Albert'.

Seriously though... he should have played until he heard the whistle.

ChildressTitanMan
01-18-2008, 05:06 PM
I'm sure this thread will never die unless Young turns into Montana.

Therefore...........http://i140.photobucket.com/albums/r5/Childress79/pfft.gif

Specnatz
01-18-2008, 05:11 PM
I'm sure this thread will never die unless Young turns into Montana.

Therefore...........http://i140.photobucket.com/albums/r5/Childress79/pfft.gif

On the bright side of things, Billy Volek has more playoff victories than vy.

Spled
01-18-2008, 05:50 PM
This thread has started to sound too much like Merrill Hoge.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BDahCWm0oVg

Overalls
01-18-2008, 06:41 PM
I'm suprised that Flaming Sparrow hasn't brought up that Vick Jr. was 7th in line for the Pro Bowl last season.

Blazing Arrow
01-18-2008, 06:48 PM
I'm suprised that Flaming Sparrow hasn't brought up that Vick Jr. was 7th in line for the Pro Bowl last season.

Excuse me usher ... this person is causing a scene can I please get him removed?

:devilpig:

Overalls
01-18-2008, 07:27 PM
Excuse me usher ... this person is causing a scene can I please get him removed?

:devilpig:

You're just mad because I actually get to see my team play.

Blazing Arrow
01-18-2008, 07:41 PM
You're just mad because I actually get to see my team play.

I would almost imagine it is a type of torture to watch the Texans play on a regular basis.

BTW I have not missed a game since '98 and when they play in O-town I am there ... usually in the hole.

WesmanTexanfan
01-18-2008, 07:46 PM
I would almost imagine it is a type of torture to watch the Texans play on a regular basis.
BTW I have not missed a game since '98 and when they play in O-town I am there ... usually in the hole.

lol, it used to be.... but we got some serious playmakers as of late...

edit: but it has no doubt made me a stronger sports fan......

Overalls
01-18-2008, 07:51 PM

I remember you saying something about sitting in a hole and drinking wine coolers.

Blazing Arrow
01-18-2008, 09:03 PM
I remember you saying something about sitting in a hole and drinking wine coolers.

Try and separate fantasy from reality. When you are lying in bed hugging your VY pillow ... it is neither me or him… it is fantasy. Have no winning seasons … that is reality.

kastofsna
01-18-2008, 09:03 PM
But the Browns have a way better offense than Tennessee. So it would have been an exciting game... A shootout!!!!

This thread has started to sound too much like Merrill Hoge.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BDahCWm0oVg
Hoge was 100% right on his criticisms of Young. people like to think he has an agenda, but he just watches the film and gives his opinion. and he's usually right. oh well.

Overalls
01-18-2008, 09:50 PM
Have no winning seasons … that is reality.

Are you trying to convince me or you that you jumped on the bandwagon of a decent team?

Honoring Earl 34
01-18-2008, 10:08 PM
http://www.profootballtalk.com/photo.htm

WesmanTexanfan
01-18-2008, 10:15 PM
Are you trying to convince me or you that you jumped on the bandwagon of a decent team?

hahaha..... here we go!!!

b0ng
01-18-2008, 10:29 PM
It is a freakin travesty that this thread has gone on for 40 pages. Lets list some facts

Vince Young threw almost twice as many INT's as he did TD's
Vince Young is not an accurate passer
Vince Young did not have any decent receivers this year
Vince Young will be the starting QB in Tennessee

And that's where it ends. Young is not good at being a QB. It's that simple. Maybe next year he'll break out and have a great year, but I don't see it happening, and right now anybody who is trying to argue that he is a great QB is either hopped up on drugs, or didn't watch any Titans football this year. I'm imagining that Vince Young is going to get a decent receiver in a year or two, and is still going to suck wind and will probably get injured. Nobody on this board is really going to convince me that he is any good whatsoever because the numbers he put up this year are awful. His performances on the field, were also awful and if I were a Titans fan I would be very worried that it was not Norm Chow who was the problem.

But yeah, Vince Young is just not a good QB at this juncture in time, and it's looking very unlikely that he'll all of a sudden blossom into this great weapon. QB's are supposed to improve in their sophmore season, not regress.

WesmanTexanfan
01-18-2008, 10:35 PM
It is a freakin travesty that this thread has gone on for 40 pages. Lets list some facts

Vince Young threw almost twice as many INT's as he did TD's
Vince Young is not an accurate passer
Vince Young did not have any decent receivers this year
Vince Young will be the starting QB in Tennessee

And that's where it ends. Young is not good at being a QB. It's that simple. Maybe next year he'll break out and have a great year, but I don't see it happening, and right now anybody who is trying to argue that he is a great QB is either hopped up on drugs, or didn't watch any Titans football this year. I'm imagining that Vince Young is going to get a decent receiver in a year or two, and is still going to suck wind and will probably get injured. Nobody on this board is really going to convince me that he is any good whatsoever because the numbers he put up this year are awful. His performances on the field, were also awful and if I were a Titans fan I would be very worried that it was not Norm Chow who was the problem.

But yeah, Vince Young is just not a good QB at this juncture in time, and it's looking very unlikely that he'll all of a sudden blossom into this great weapon. QB's are supposed to improve in their sophmore season, not regress.

its hillarious to me to here people still give me crap about not picking him in the draft.... especially dilusional UT fans..... fn traceys

Blazing Arrow
01-19-2008, 12:36 AM
One bad season one good season. I think it is dilusional to call the guy a bust after less then 2 full seasons. Are the cow blinders on so tight that after game 3 of this season the majority of you wanted MW blood?

I guess never looking back works in a stampeed but this is actually football.

Blazing Arrow
01-19-2008, 12:40 AM
I'm imagining that Vince Young is going to get a decent receiver in a year or two, and is still going to suck wind and will probably get injured.

Young 15 games.

Shamy 11 games.

Who has the more durable QB at the helm? :thinking:

Blazing Arrow
01-19-2008, 12:45 AM
QB's are supposed to improve in their sophmore season, not regress.

His passing yards, completion %, and QB rating all went up. I am just saying some more of the passed in the endzone are caught and you take out the junk INTs or the ones the annoucers did not even agree with the season might have looked better. He has another season or two in my book before he can be called a bust.

How did Steve Young produce in his first two seasons?

WesmanTexanfan
01-19-2008, 01:18 AM
One bad season one good season. I think it is dilusional to call the guy a bust after less then 2 full seasons. Are the cow blinders on so tight that after game 3 of this season the majority of you wanted MW blood?

I guess never looking back works in a stampeed but this is actually football.

I Was a MW fan the day he picked up a texans #1 jersey, so speak for yourself...... im a fan of my team and whoever is on it no matter what. and i decided the night before when i heard the news that i would support it. plus VY WAS NEVER AN OPTION... we had just signed david carr to an extinsion and picking a QB was a moot point....

WesmanTexanfan
01-19-2008, 01:22 AM
His passing yards, completion %, and QB rating all went up. I am just saying some more of the passed in the endzone are caught and you take out the junk INTs or the ones the annoucers did not even agree with the season might have looked better. He has another season or two in my book before he can be called a bust.

How did Steve Young produce in his first two seasons?

look, i have nothing against vince, i played him in highschool and alot of my friends played with him...... but i try and think of it as if it were my team. and with yalls D, i think a pocket passer fits in all to well, move vince to wideout and hes prolly unstopable. now i do have the luxury of speculating with no emotional atachment like you obvously do. but i also wont be suprised if he works his butt off and comes back throwin bullets... im just goin on what i see as of now....

b0ng
01-19-2008, 04:19 AM
You know what, you might as well take this thread and deposit it in this heavily trolled area (http://texanstalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=52), and you can merge it with this turd of a thread right here (http://texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?p=825757).

That way everybody can really just let it all hang out.

Overalls
01-19-2008, 11:04 AM
I am just saying some more of the passed in the endzone are caught and you take out the junk INTs or the ones the annoucers did not even agree with the season might have looked better.

You can say the same thing about every middle of the pack to bad QB out there. Almost every QB has TD passes that could have been caught and INTs that were tipped. The problem is almost all the arguements you use remind us of what was being said about David Carr before we wised up.

Double Barrel
01-19-2008, 02:00 PM
Have no winning seasons … that is reality.

Decades of futility...that is reality.

Blazing Arrow
01-19-2008, 02:55 PM
Decades of futility...that is reality.

Honestly which team do you think is closer to a Super Bowl right now?

CloakNNNdagger
01-19-2008, 03:00 PM
Young, as I see it has a problem which he is not likely to overcome. The Tacks want to make him a pocket passer. That allows the D to focus on the pocket, simultaneously containing his potential to run. That's because If they try to have him roll out of the pocket, it requires quick passing decisions.........something that he has shown no aptitude for, and commonly has led to his turnovers.

Blazing Arrow
01-19-2008, 03:05 PM
You can say the same thing about every middle of the pack to bad QB out there. Almost every QB has TD passes that could have been caught and INTs that were tipped. The problem is almost all the arguements you use remind us of what was being said about David Carr before we wised up.

Could be ... but right now I will give the guy the benefit of the doubt. It will not be season 5 and me doing this if he has not improved and there is no way in hell that our FO gives Young a contract extension if he has sucked for 4 years.

See this is the difference between teams who make the playoffs on a fairly consistent basis and teams who cheer a .500 season.

Double Barrel
01-19-2008, 03:41 PM
Honestly which team do you think is closer to a Super Bowl right now?

Jaguars :thinking:

It is pure speculation to ponder who is "closer". Every season reveals teams that had winning records the year before but go below .500. Other teams go to the playoffs after having a losing record the year before. In the age of 'parity', it's anyone's guess with few exceptions (obviously the Patriots and Colts not withstanding).

I'm just pointing out that if you want to live in our past - a mere six seasons - then you have to swallow the reality of your own franchise's past, which is the hallmark of futility.

brakos82
01-19-2008, 03:48 PM
Y'know... the Cards have sucked for 110 years, and they still have more championships... :thinking:

Blazing Arrow
01-19-2008, 06:59 PM
[QUOTE=Double Barrel;827627]It is pure speculation to ponder who is "closer". Every season reveals teams that had winning records the year before but go below .500. Other teams go to the playoffs after having a losing record the year before. In the age of 'parity', it's anyone's guess with few exceptions (obviously the Patriots and Colts not withstanding).

I think your comment was directed at Browns fans. If we see them sniffing the playoffs next season I would be very surprised. Oh wait a team that did not make the playoffs "deserves" it. Seriously this board needs a smiley with someone rolling there eyes.

A hallmark of chances that never panned out. AFL champions .... AFC Champions. In the NFL the number of teams to win a Super Bowl vs the number who have not is a large variance. The number of teams to make the playoffs vs the number who have not ... well that %age is a little less. Then the number of teams to at least finish above .500 and the number who have not limits you to one. I guess you can take solus in the fact that in one category you are at least one of one.

ChildressTitanMan
01-19-2008, 09:32 PM
I'm just pointing out that if you want to live in our past - a mere six seasons - then you have to swallow the reality of your own franchise's past, which is the hallmark of futility.

If you had our past record to look back on you'd be singing a different tune.

I have no problem looking at Houston's progress & it's positives of which I feel right now there are many.If however you wish to stir the pot & tear us down then I'll laugh at your losing record until the end of time. A .500 season is still short of a winning record, loser.

Wolf
01-20-2008, 01:07 AM

I have no problem looking at Houston's progress & it's positives of which I feel right now there are many.If however you wish to stir the pot & tear us down then I'll laugh at your losing record until the end of time. A .500 season is still short of a winning record, loser.

I think you are forgetting that lots of fans on here were Oiler fans and endured heartache year after year, but bud wanted to "stick it" to Houston and keep the records...so titans fans enjoy your same amount of Super bowl victories as us Texan fans (and with Titans having 40 years head start)

I think a lot of Oiler fans would have been more than happy if we had the same deal as the Browns fans got...Houston got to keep its records and such,but that didn't happen so Titan fans get to enjoy choke after choke with the franchises history

Texan_Bill
01-21-2008, 09:34 AM
I think we are getting off track here...

Re: Vince Young is the best QB in the NFL

Vince Young is the best QB in the NFL...... http://thecaptainsdeck.net/Smileys/default/bwahaharoll.gif

ATRAIN
01-21-2008, 09:39 AM
I think we are getting off track here...

Vince Young is the best QB in the NFL...... http://thecaptainsdeck.net/Smileys/default/bwahaharoll.gif

VY is the future of the NFL and teams will have to adjust the current style of play to match his HYBRID style...................LMAO hahahahaha, that never gets old!!!

Double Barrel
01-21-2008, 10:45 AM

YOU guys are the lame trolls on a HOUSTON TEXANS message board talking trash about our short history. It's not a chicken and egg scenario. You are actively flaming people in rather weak attempts to draw attention to your trolling ways.

If you want to play that way, then you'll have to face the reality of your franchise's long history of futility. You want to talk football, fine. Do so. But to come to a TEXANS forum and spew your verbal poo will only serve to get the same quality of conversation back at you.

And with your moronic first 'point', we lived your "past record", thankyouverymuch. We had enough of your franchise's choking ways and owner's stench from his football acumen and animal carcass hat. Which brings us full circle: you get to live with your owner's draft pick in a very mediocre QB for the next few years. Fire some more coaches, it won't make a difference.

ATRAIN
01-21-2008, 10:54 AM
YOU guys are the lame trolls on a HOUSTON TEXANS message board talking trash about our short history. It's not a chicken and egg scenario. You are actively flaming people in rather weak attempts to draw attention to your trolling ways.

If you want to play that way, then you'll have to face the reality of your franchise's long history of futility. You want to talk football, fine. Do so. But to come to a TEXANS forum and spew your verbal poo will only serve to get the same quality of conversation back at you.

And with your moronic first 'point', we lived your "past record", thankyouverymuch. We had enough of your franchise's choking ways and owner's stench from his football acumen and animal carcass hat. Which brings us full circle: you get to live with your owner's draft pick in a very mediocre QB for the next few years. Fire some more coaches, it won't make a difference.

:cowboy1: :cowboy1: :cowboy1: You tell em!!

Texan_Bill
01-21-2008, 11:44 AM
futile

Main Entry:
fu•tile
Pronunciation: \ˈfyü-təl, ˈfyü-ˌtī(-ə)l\
Function: adjective
Etymology: Middle French or Latin; Middle French, from Latin futilis brittle, pointless, probably from fu- (akin to fundere to pour) — more at FOUND
Date: circa 1555

1 : serving no useful purpose : completely ineffective

2 : See also Kenneth Stanley "Bud" Adams Jr’s AFL/NFL American football franchise

— fu•tile•ly \-təl-(l)ē, -ˌtī(-ə)l-lē\ adverb
— fu•tile•ness \-təl-nəs, -ˌtī(-ə)l-nəs\ noun
synonyms FUTILE VAIN FRUITLESS mean producing no result. FUTILE may connote completeness of failure or unwisdom of undertaking <resistance had proved so futile that surrender was the only choice left>. VAIN usually implies simple failure to achieve a desired result <a vain attempt to get the car started>. FRUITLESS comes close to VAIN but often suggests long and arduous effort or severe disappointment <fruitless efforts to obtain a lasting peace>.

The Dream
01-21-2008, 12:10 PM
I see the hatred for VY still remains............tsk, tsk, tsk........

Texan_Bill
01-21-2008, 01:00 PM
Young 15 games.

Shamy 11 games.

Who has the more durable QB at the helm? :thinking:

Wow.... Impressive!! You came up with all by yourself???

You should have considered that ironically, they have the SAME amount of TD's......

http://thecaptainsdeck.net/Smileys/default/bwahaharoll.gif

WesmanTexanfan
01-21-2008, 02:00 PM
I see the hatred for VY still remains............tsk, tsk, tsk........

no hate here, he just sucks:dance3:

WesmanTexanfan
01-21-2008, 02:01 PM
Will a MOD PLEASE CLOSE THIS THREAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! PLEEEEEEEEEEEEASE

Specnatz
01-21-2008, 02:07 PM
Will a MOD PLEASE CLOSE THIS THREAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! PLEEEEEEEEEEEEASE

Why? It is fun to make fun of those worshipping at the Alter of suckage QB play.

WesmanTexanfan
01-21-2008, 02:09 PM
Why? It is fun to make fun of those worshipping at the Alter of suckage QB play.

was, its gettin pretty old to me...... but i got ya:shades:

ATRAIN
01-21-2008, 02:12 PM

Yeah this thread entertains me. We need to get more cowgirls/horns in here. They are the biggest VY homers.

Hookem Horns
01-21-2008, 02:20 PM
We need to get more cowgirls/horns scrotum lickers in here. They are the biggest VY homers.

I could close this thread or just extend it by letting everyone know that the Giants are better than the Cowgirles and Eli is better than VY.

http://www.playa.info/playa-del-carmen-forum/images/smilies/popcorn.gif

Second Honeymoon
01-21-2008, 02:22 PM
Yeah this thread entertains me. We need to get more cowgirls/horns scrotum lickers in here. They are the biggest VY homers.

real classy. i'd edit that or you might get banned or global ignored. Just sayin'.

Blazing Arrow
01-21-2008, 02:24 PM
Wow.... Impressive!! You came up with all by yourself???

You should have considered that ironically, they have the SAME amount of TD's......

I'll take it off that was low

Texan_Bill
01-21-2008, 02:25 PM
I could close this thread or just extend it by letting everyone know that the Giants are better than the Cowgirles and Eli is better than VY.

http://www.playa.info/playa-del-carmen-forum/images/smilies/popcorn.gif

[/END THREAD]

Hookem Horns
01-21-2008, 02:26 PM
real classy. i'd edit that or you might get banned or global ignored. Just sayin'.

While bordering on the line of what we accept here, I think you have to live in Austin to get his post.

ATRAIN
01-21-2008, 02:27 PM

word

WesmanTexanfan
01-21-2008, 02:29 PM
you know how we know that bazing arrow knows vy sucks, cuz he keeps takin it personal cuz he doesnt want it to be true...... give it up blazing, vy is no good, yall should have started kerry collins then maybe youda had a shot at the pats.... :cool:

Texan_Bill
Radio, errrrrrrrrrr vincent practicing the art of the hand-off:

http://hugereviews.com/Movies/R/radio.11.jpg

Specnatz
While bordering on the line of what we accept here, I think you have to live in Austin to get his post.

Aint that the truth.

ATRAIN
01-21-2008, 02:30 PM

As much as I love the horns Hookem is right. The Man love for VY in Austin is ridiculous and some of us are tired of it. Or as my roomate(the biggest VY/ Cowgirl Homer I know) puts its. Austin is VY's town and im the only hater in Austin, oh yeah and only Texan fan in Austin for that matter.

Blazing Arrow
01-21-2008, 02:31 PM
you know how we know that bazing arrow knows vy sucks, cuz he keeps takin it personal cuz he doesnt want it to be true...... give it up blazing, vy is no good, yall should have started kerry collins then maybe youda had a shot at the pats.... :cool:

I said at least 15 pages ago that i had given up on this thread .... it just want to see how long it will go one. The argument actually has a cycle if you look for it. Repeats every few pages.

Texan_Bill
01-21-2008, 02:31 PM
http://tinypic.com/inwm6b.jpg

ATRAIN
01-21-2008, 02:32 PM
Aint that the truth.

Having Met spec at thirdbase, we share our Austin anti-vy support!! I am speaking for myself here hahaha.

Texan_Bill
http://tinypic.com/inwm5h.jpg

ATRAIN
I said at least 15 pages ago that i had given up on this thread .... it just want to see how long it will go one. The argument actually has a cycle if you look for it. Repeats every few pages.

It will keep going because VY will not improve.....just a thought!

WesmanTexanfan
01-21-2008, 02:33 PM

lol.......:splits:

word

Second Honeymoon
01-21-2008, 02:34 PM
Vince Young is neither the best QB in the NFL nor is he a bad quarterback. He is a work in progress who seemed to be a step slower in his 2nd year. He improved his passing as a whole but still lacked consistency in regard to accuracy. He struggles with the playbook and sometimes makes bad throws into coverage. He doesn't have a whole lot of talent to work with and just got a new offensive coordinator. His 'step back' in 2007 may have contributed to Chow's firing. Its time for VY to take the next step. VY sucks. VY roolz. Bud Adams is fat.

that sums it up, pretty much.

/end thread

Blazing Arrow
01-21-2008, 02:34 PM
It will keep going because VY will not improve.....just a thought!

It is like a fire with endless fuel. I stoke it for less then 5 minutes with one picture no words and it goes another 2+ pages. It is very interesting to watch.

Texan_Bill
01-21-2008, 02:40 PM
Vince Young won't make it as an NFL quarterback -- at least, not as a star NFL quarterback. And in time that is how he will be judged.

Was Young worth the No. 3 overall pick of the 2006 draft? Was he a star quarterback?

Unless it's a weak year for prospects, the No. 3 overall pick in any NFL Draft should end up somewhere between the Pro Bowl and the Hall of Fame. If this was a weak year, so be it. Time will tell on the 2006 draft class, just as it will tell on Vince Young. And what it tells on Young, and on the team that picked him, won't be nice.

The Titans got suckered. Suckered by Young's incredible body and athletic ability and highlight reel at Texas. They got suckered so badly, they looked past Young's painfully obvious deficiency: He can't throw the ball downfield.

This being the Titans, you can't be surprised. This is the same team that got suckered by the body, athletic ability and highlight reel of West Virginia cornerback "Pacman" Jones. Despite his obvious character issues, the Titans took Jones with the No. 6 overall pick in the 2005 draft. Jones has been a good player, but he's not going to last in the NFL. A bad character is a bad character, as Jones has consistently shown after 15 months with the Titans.

Don't tell me about the 2006 Rose Bowl. Don't tell me what Young did to Southern California. I watched him roll up 467 yards of offense against the Trojans, but what does that have to do with the NFL? If college football had anything to do with the NFL, 1996 Heisman winner and national champion Danny Wuerffel of Florida would be 30,000 yards into his Hall of Fame career instead of doing ... whatever it is he's doing.

Just one guys take back in 2006: Vince Young: Great college QB, lousy pro prospect (http://www.sportsline.com/columns/story/9626003)

ATRAIN
01-21-2008, 02:40 PM
It is like a fire with endless fuel. I stoke it for less then 5 minutes with one picture no words and it goes another 2+ pages. It is very interesting to watch.

I love this thread. Like hookem said if you lived in Austin then you would understand for some of us what we have to put up with. 1. Cowboy Country for the most part mixed with Longhorn Lovers that think VY is the ONLY reason the horns won the title. 2. Texan haters and love the fact that the stupid TV station shows TITANS in a TEXAS town in place of our LOCAL team all translates to a lot of angry Austin Texan fans that aren't blinded and see VY what he truely is. NOT a Good NFL QB. BOTTOM LINE!!

ChildressTitanMan
01-21-2008, 02:45 PM

Ixnay on the hostility there DB. I lived it too bro,I've had good things to say about the Texans & you know it.

Even in the post you blasting me for I said that I'm more than happy to talk about the Texans positives.

I don't get it.It really doesn't bother me when we get the 40yrs of futility & one yard short jibes.You guys seem to be pretty touchy about your history though.

Texan_Bill
01-21-2008, 02:51 PM
I don't get it.It really doesn't bother me when we get the 40yrs of futility & one yard short jibes.You guys seem to be pretty touchy about your history though.

Liken it to the alchoholic - detoxing.....

:)

WesmanTexanfan
01-21-2008, 02:55 PM
I love this thread. Like hookem said if you lived in Austin then you would understand for some of us what we have to put up with. 1. Cowboy Country for the most part mixed with Longhorn Lovers that think VY is the ONLY reason the horns won the title. 2. Texan haters and love the fact that the stupid TV station shows TITANS in a TEXAS town in place of our LOCAL team all translates to a lot of angry Austin Texan fans that aren't blinded and see VY what he truely is. NOT a Good NFL QB. BOTTOM LINE!!

im sorry......damn that sucks:gun:

ATRAIN
01-21-2008, 03:07 PM
im sorry......damn that sucks:gun:

Well on the bright side I got to meet up with all the fellow Austin Texans Fans at 3rd base and that was awesome. I only got to go once due to schedule conflicts but can't wait for next year.

WesmanTexanfan
01-21-2008, 03:16 PM
Well on the bright side I got to meet up with all the fellow Austin Texans Fans at 3rd base and that was awesome. I only got to go once due to schedule conflicts but can't wait for next year.

is that a bar or what?

ATRAIN
01-21-2008, 03:24 PM
is that a bar or what?

Yeah a bar in downtown Austin. The Texans fans took over the whole back part of the bar. We were loud and proud and the envy of all the other fans of other teams there.

WesmanTexanfan
01-21-2008, 03:59 PM
Yeah a bar in downtown Austin. The Texans fans took over the whole back part of the bar. We were loud and proud and the envy of all the other fans of other teams there.

NICE, ill have to hit it up if im there on a weekend next year...

Hookem Horns
01-21-2008, 04:03 PM

I was at 3rd Base last night. I just had a schedule shift and will be able to make there more next season.

Double Barrel
01-21-2008, 04:59 PM
Ixnay on the hostility there DB. I lived it too bro,I've had good things to say about the Texans & you know it.

Even in the post you blasting me for I said that I'm more than happy to talk about the Texans positives.

heh-heh, we've got an entire forum (Texans Talk (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=56)) to chat about Texans football and our dismal five seasons + 1.

So don't muck up a perfectly good VY thread by slamming our team with obvious history. :shades:

Blazing Arrow
01-21-2008, 06:19 PM
heh-heh, we've got an entire forum (Texans Talk (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=56)) to chat about Texans football and our dismal five seasons + 1.

So don't muck up a perfectly good VY thread by slamming our team with obvious history. :shades:

"five seasons +1" seems allot like 6 .... :whip:

Double Barrel
01-21-2008, 07:12 PM

20 > 5 :hmmm:

And in almost five decades....0

Blazing Arrow
01-21-2008, 07:17 PM
And in almost five decades....0

Bold but we do not need the number of sex partners you have had in the "recent" past.

Double Barrel
01-21-2008, 07:23 PM
Bold but we do not need the number of sex partners you have had in the "recent" past.

Cute...so much for avoiding making it personal. Guess taking your own advice would be too much to ask from such a simple mind. :loser

I could mention something about your boyfriends, but I'll rise above it.

Hervoyel
01-21-2008, 07:39 PM

Yeah, it does look alittle like 6.

Overalls
01-21-2008, 08:05 PM
I am guessing that the reason he put it like he did is because he is counting
5 of the 6 seasons as dismal. Thus this season would make the 6th season but although not good was not dismal.

5 dismal seasons + 1.

Brando
01-21-2008, 08:11 PM
5 of the 6 seasons as dismal. Thus this season would make the 6th season but although not good was not dismal.

5 dismal seasons + 1.

Yeah, I think we all understood but the troll.

ATX
01-21-2008, 08:12 PM

5 dismal seasons + 1.

Wouldn't that be 6-5=1 though?

Overalls
01-21-2008, 08:15 PM
Yeah, I think we all understood but the troll.

Things do need to be spelled out simply for TENNheads.

Wolf
01-21-2008, 08:19 PM

I can't speak for DB but I am thinking his calendar is like ours (BC and AD) but with:
5 DC(During Carr)
1 AC(After Carr)

:whip:

aj.
01-21-2008, 08:21 PM
What I find 'interesting' is some of the stuff that's being posted at the TOMB about the best QB in the NFL. Lots of collective reassurance that 'everything will be okay' and 'if he only had the talent around him'. This is only a year after the re-invention of the QB position in the NFL era was upon us - while he made everyone around him better. The collective grip is on over there and it's on hard. People are noticing Fisher's comments about Dinger having to adjust his terminology to accomodate the QB. Not good when everything else has to be adjusted to fit one player's game or mental capacity ... or lack of ... as we all know too well.

Blazing Arrow
01-21-2008, 09:22 PM
Cute...so much for avoiding making it personal. Guess taking your own advice would be too much to ask from such a simple mind. :loser

I could mention something about your boyfriends, but I'll rise above it.

Hey it is off season ... i could careless about the teams at this point. Lets get a couple signings in and somethign crazy in the off sesaon then we can smack each others team.

boyfriendS? are you calling me a s lut? :bat:

ChildressTitanMan
01-21-2008, 10:51 PM
I can't speak for DB but I am thinking his calendar is like ours (BC and AD) but with:
5:BC Basically crap
1:AD Almost Decent

:whip:

Fixed it for you http://i140.photobucket.com/albums/r5/Childress79/rastanana.gif

Please take that as the joke it's intended to be.Ohh ooh pretty please with bells on.

Heaven forbid I poke fun at your awesome team & someone misinterpret it & take offense.

With utmost respect & humility & brown nosing,forgive me,
Childress http://i140.photobucket.com/albums/r5/Childress79/pfft.gif

Specnatz
01-22-2008, 02:53 AM
Fixed it for you http://i140.photobucket.com/albums/r5/Childress79/rastanana.gif

Please take that as the joke it's intended to be.Ohh ooh pretty please with bells on.

Heaven forbid I poke fun at your awesome team & someone misinterpret it & take offense.

With utmost respect & humility & brown nosing,forgive me,
Childress http://i140.photobucket.com/albums/r5/Childress79/pfft.gif

Well a titan fan would know a lot about that because for the last two years that is that has been done to vy. Not to mention every one in tennesse did that for so long just to get lucifer to come to their town.

Tedc
01-22-2008, 06:56 AM
VY=DC after 2 seasons

I don't want to hear that VY has little talent around him. The Titans could go .500 will Ryan Leaf.

DC had no talent AT ALL and their numbers are surprisingly similar after 2 years.

ChildressTitanMan
01-22-2008, 08:27 AM
VY=DC after 2 seasons

I don't want to hear that VY has little talent around him. The Titans could go .500 will Ryan Leaf.

DC had no talent AT ALL and their numbers are surprisingly similar after 2 years.

You may be right & I don't blame you for having fun at our expense now.

I guess we'll really find him out in 08 as more talent has been promised around him & he has a new HC. There will be zero excuses available to those who think he can walk on water.

Silver Oak
01-22-2008, 09:00 AM

I guess we'll really find him out in 08 as more talent has been promised around him & he has a new HC. There will be zero excuses available to those who think he can walk on water.

Correction...Same HC. New OC.

Texan_Bill
01-22-2008, 09:36 AM
*makes mental note and bet*

Next year's arguments for vincent having another bad year: "He's had two offensive coordinators in three years................." :gun:

ChildressTitanMan
01-22-2008, 11:27 AM
*makes mental note and bet*

Next year's arguments for vincent having another bad year: "He's had two offensive coordinators in three years................." :gun:

LOL.

Here's a bet for you Bill.

I'll bet you that Young finishes higher in the 08 QB rankings than Schaub.I not a homer I'm just viewing it as fun.Name your terms Bill.:cowboy1:

Texan_Bill
01-22-2008, 11:29 AM
LOL.

Here's a bet for you Bill.

I'll bet you that Young finishes higher in the 09 QB rankings than Schaub.I not a homer I'm just viewing it as fun.Name your terms Bill.:cowboy1:

I'll take your bet, but I have no terms... :howdy:

ChildressTitanMan
01-22-2008, 12:04 PM
I'll take your bet, but I have no terms... :howdy:

How about if you win I have to post like a Texan fan for a month & bash the Titans.If I win you post like a Titan fan for a month & bash the Texans.

It should be worth a few laughs.

Texan_Bill
01-22-2008, 12:06 PM
How about if you win I have to post like a Texan fan for a month & bash the Titans.If I win you post like a Titan fan for a month & bash the Texans.

It should be worth a few laughs.

Sounds awesome!!! I'm in!!!

With that said, what is the determining factor(s) of defining a winner??

ChildressTitanMan
01-22-2008, 12:18 PM
Whichever player finishes higher in Nfl.com's QB rankings for the season?

:thinking: God grief I'm in deep doodoo now.

Texan_Bill
01-22-2008, 12:26 PM
Whichever player finishes higher in Nfl.com's QB rankings for the season?

:thinking: God grief I'm in deep doodoo now.

Sounds fine to me....

and yes... yes you are!!! :)

BigBull17
01-22-2008, 12:29 PM
VY=DC after 2 seasons

Ouch. Bet it hurts to see your QB compaired to David Carr. The worst part is its not to far off base. They look almost the same on the field, except that Young moves better. But, its the same. They have three plays, dive right/left, 7 yard hitch, and Play action fly. Thats it. All of it. Good thing they have an all world defense to drag their lame *** sorry excuse for a QB to the win. Shame he gets all the credit.

Overalls
01-22-2008, 01:00 PM
Ouch. Bet it hurts to see your QB compaired to David Carr. The worst part is its not to far off base. They look almost the same on the field, except that Young moves better. But, its the same. They have three plays, dive right/left, 7 yard hitch, and Play action fly. Thats it. All of it. Good thing they have an all world defense to drag their lame *** sorry excuse for a QB to the win. Shame he gets all the credit.

I believe David did lead the AFC in rushing yards by a QB more than one season.

austintexanite
01-22-2008, 01:01 PM
As much as I love the horns Hookem is right. The Man love for VY in Austin is ridiculous and some of us are tired of it. Or as my roomate(the biggest VY/ Cowgirl Homer I know) puts its. Austin is VY's town and im the only hater in Austin, oh yeah and only Texan fan in Austin for that matter.

I know how you feel man, but this year, many people started to talk a different tune. For all the crap I received last year, I mostly stayed quite and let them try to figure out what was wrong with him this year, slowly laughing on the inside. :texflag: :texflag:

ATRAIN
01-22-2008, 01:25 PM
I know how you feel man, but this year, many people started to talk a different tune. For all the crap I received last year, I mostly stayed quite and let them try to figure out what was wrong with him this year, slowly laughing on the inside. :texflag: :texflag:

Lets just see what happens next year.

ATX
01-22-2008, 01:29 PM
So who's this Vince Young guy? :yawn:

ATRAIN
01-22-2008, 02:08 PM
So who's this Vince Young guy? :yawn:

Some Over-rated QB that lucked out his rookie year in making the probowl. (pppppppffffttt 4th alternate hahaha, yeah like you really earned it at that point hahah)

76Texan
01-22-2008, 03:24 PM

I'll say it again!

After how many frigging years and ya still blame on the lack of talent.
Ya an expansion team or what?

As TexanBill have said it over and over again.
Bawahwah! :gun:

ChildressTitanMan
01-22-2008, 04:39 PM
I'll say it again!

After how many frigging years and ya still blame on the lack of talent.
Ya an expansion team or what?

As TexanBill have said it over and over again.
Bawahwah! :gun:

No buddy I don't make excuses for for him. I was just pointing out that one of the excuses people have used is supposedly no longer going to be an excuse in 08.

Since any serious comment on him would get flamed as an excuse what would be the point.Feel free to cluelessly dive in again & make a fool of yourself any time though.

TexansSeminole
01-22-2008, 07:30 PM
No buddy I don't make excuses for for him. I was just pointing out that one of the excuses people have used is supposedly no longer going to be an excuse in 08.

Since any serious comment on him would get flamed as an excuse what would be the point.Feel free to cluelessly dive in again & make a fool of yourself any time though.

Just like to tell you that your probably the best Titan poster on this board. It's not saying much but there you go! No sarcasm.

ChildressTitanMan
01-22-2008, 10:44 PM
Just like to tell you that your probably the best Titan poster on this board. It's not saying much but there you go! No sarcasm.

Thanks man Ill take that.I'd rep you but I need to spread it around some more before I can come back to you.:fans:

Texan_Bill
01-23-2008, 09:35 AM
Thanks man Ill take that.I'd rep you but I need to spread it around some more before I can come back to you.:fans:

You've been 'spreading' plenty around.... What? I'm not sure, but definitely spreading it around...

TT members, be sure to follow the instructions when taking:
http://www.sln.org/pieces/burr/images/penicillinpic3a.jpg

ChildressTitanMan
01-23-2008, 11:50 AM
You've been 'spreading' plenty around.... What? I'm not sure, but definitely spreading it around...

TT members, be sure to follow the instructions when taking:
http://www.sln.org/pieces/burr/images/penicillinpic3a.jpg

Is that a douche of penicillin? Goot lawd Bill you really are hard core,that there's brokeback medicine.

Texan_Bill
01-23-2008, 12:04 PM
.............,that there's brokeback medicine.

:user: Somehow I knew you would be able to explain exactly what that was.... :shades:

Wolf
01-28-2008, 02:04 AM
http://forums.titansonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=33629

just like old times

ATRAIN
01-28-2008, 08:31 AM

just like old times

LOL the burnt orange blinders on some of those fans are funny.

bah007
01-28-2008, 10:18 AM
LOL the burnt orange blinders on some of those fans are funny.

I dont really see the problem. If they want to be delusional, then let them.

When David Carr was drafted, we thought that he could be a franchise QB also.

I dont care what they say about him as long as they leave it over there & dont bring it over to this MB.

WesmanTexanfan
01-28-2008, 10:20 AM
dang, i think we went 4-5 days without seeing this stupid thing!!!:gun:

ATRAIN
01-28-2008, 11:14 AM
dang, i think we went 4-5 days without seeing this stupid thing!!!:gun:

I don't think it will ever die. I for one still get slack over being a Texan fan in Austin and the VY homers keep trying to start with me about VY.

WesmanTexanfan
01-28-2008, 11:59 AM
I don't think it will ever die. I for one still get slack over being a Texan fan in Austin and the VY homers keep trying to start with me about VY.

they obviously dont pay any attention to reality, only their uneducated opinions on a man that was awesome in college(ill give him time to step his pro game up though) just walk around with his 2007 stat sheet in your pocket...:texflag:

Texan_Bill
01-29-2008, 05:59 PM
Haters will love this... Lovers will hate this....

Vince Young is a Winner in the NFL..... Compilation (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=arNyPdczIj0)

It takes about 10 minutes or so.

Bulluck53
01-29-2008, 06:07 PM

just like old times

Specnatz
01-29-2008, 06:19 PM

Vince Young is a Winner in the NFL..... Compilation (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=arNyPdczIj0)

WOW talk about getting punked out worse than seeing news footage of Britney Spears.

bah007
01-29-2008, 06:29 PM

The guy has way to much free time on his hands to make this.

But I must give credit where credit is due. Great job.

Blazing Arrow
01-29-2008, 07:49 PM

Have you read the comments from the moron who made the video? It is a wonder he can even turn on a computer. Plus he is a Cutler fan??!!

Specnatz
01-29-2008, 07:54 PM
Have you read the comments from the moron who made the video? It is a wonder he can even turn on a computer. Plus he is a Cutler fan??!!

Have you read the intelligent remarks by all the Titan ........... errr excuse me, I ment the VY fans?

Talk about wondering how they even know what a computer is, much less in door plumming.

TexansSeminole
01-29-2008, 07:54 PM

Even moron's can recognize a bad NFL QB when they see one, I suppose.

Blazing Arrow
01-29-2008, 08:10 PM
Have you read the intelligent remarks by all the Titan ........... errr excuse me, I ment the VY fans?

Talk about wondering how they even know what a computer is, much less in door plumming.

A lot of VY fans are from Texas so your comment about indoor plumbing makes little to no sense unless you are implying people in Texas do not know what it is ....

BTW at least spell the words you are using correctly when you are trying to insult someone's intelligence

Blazing Arrow
01-29-2008, 08:12 PM
Even moron's can recognize a bad NFL QB when they see one, I suppose.

I repeat he is a Cutler fan .... so his recognition skills are still in question here.

bah007
01-29-2008, 08:16 PM
I repeat he is a Cutler fan .... so his recognition skills are still in question here.

Because Cutler is just terrible right?

No way he has proven to be the best QB in that draft class so far?

Blazing Arrow
01-29-2008, 08:29 PM
Because Cutler is just terrible right?

No way he has proven to be the best QB in that draft class so far?

With no QB out of the draft even playing 2 full season I would not say anyone has proven they are the better or worst QB at this point in there career.

WesmanTexanfan
01-29-2008, 10:14 PM
Yo Blazing.... hows your thread goin? any trouble makers as of late?:cowboy1:

Blazing Arrow
01-30-2008, 01:12 AM
Yo Blazing.... hows your thread goin? any trouble makers as of late?:cowboy1:

Nothing I can't handle ... so anyone know if this is the longest thread on this board?

YellerLotYeller
01-30-2008, 01:23 AM
Nothing I can't handle ... so anyone know if this is the longest thread on this board?

I think it's getting close....:gun:

Texan_Bill
01-30-2008, 10:21 AM

Jay Cutler > Vincent

HOU-TEX
01-30-2008, 10:24 AM
Jay Cutler > Vincent

I 2nd this motion. :cowboy1:

Texan_Bill
01-30-2008, 10:26 AM

Not even close. I think now that people have come to the realization that vincent isn't 'all that', this thread has really slowed down..

BTW, you dog the person who made the video AND the fact that he is a Jay Cutler fan, BUT YOU DO NOT DISPUTE the video itself.... :hmmm:

Have another looksee:

ATRAIN
01-30-2008, 11:14 AM
Jay Cutler > Vincent

Why yes, yes he is.

+1

Blazing Arrow
01-30-2008, 11:39 AM
Not even close. I think now that people have come to the realization that vincent isn't 'all that', this thread has really slowed down..

BTW, you dog the person who made the video AND the fact that he is a Jay Cutler fan, BUT YOU DO NOT DISPUTE the video itself.... :hmmm:

Have another looksee:

I can not see it at work. Java is disabled on work comps. I actually was going to check it out when I got home but forgot. Tonight perhaps.

HoustonFrog
01-30-2008, 11:50 AM
Wait until VY has a really strong year next season and this escalates even more. Not saying that as a VY fan but just a prediction...it will go something like this

Titan Fan: See he worked hard this off season and became better. What is the complaint now

Non-VY/Texan Fan: Well of course he is better, he was terrible last year, his receivers are making great catches for him but he is still a running QB..........he doesn't play defense.

Blah, blah, blah, blah,:)

Texan_Bill
01-30-2008, 12:20 PM
Wait until VY has a really strong year next season and this escalates even more. Not saying that as a VY fan but just a prediction...it will go something like this

Titan Fan: See he worked hard this off season and became better. What is the complaint now

Non-VY/Texan Fan: Well of course he is better, he was terrible last year, his receivers are making great catches for him but he is still a running QB..........he doesn't play defense.

I see it going just a tad bit different.....

VY lover: "see what he can do when he has weapons"

VY hater: "well, he certainly couldn't get much worse than last year so he could 'only' get better because there was no other direction that he could go"

ATRAIN
01-30-2008, 12:30 PM

VY hater: "well, he certainly couldn't get much worse than last year so he could 'only' get better because there was no other direction that he could go"

OR like this when he does worse

VY lover: "he still doesn't have any recievers even though they catch when the backup is throwing the ball"

VY hater aka ME: He sucks and always will suck, so is next year his blow "coming out" year?

HoustonFrog
01-30-2008, 12:39 PM

Yup, add that to my list.

Overalls
01-30-2008, 12:40 PM

The problem is that he doesn't intend to work harder this offseason. He has already blown off his team commitment to go back to UT for his basket weaving degree.

WesmanTexanfan
01-30-2008, 12:49 PM
Mike Vick sucks!!!

He'll never make it!!!

Go back to A&M!!!

Go Applewhite!!!

Second Honeymoon
01-30-2008, 12:52 PM

don't forget if Bud spends money and puts talent around VY. Then the excuses will be 'any QB could win with a receiving corps like that' or some other lame drivel that most VY haters think are actual takes. its so funny how the same people who had Carr jerseys and made every excuse in the book for that piece of garbage are the same people who claim VY sucks or that he hasn't developed enough yet. One guy doesnt even get a year while the other guy gets 5 years of free passes and a parade of lame excuses. just freakin' pathetic but par for the course for many of the fans round these parts. i wonder why one guy got a free pass and the other guy doesn't? hmmm, i wonder why?

(btw I don't wonder why because I know why but that is another thread altogether)

Second Honeymoon
01-30-2008, 01:14 PM
deleted due to duplication

Second Honeymoon
01-30-2008, 01:16 PM
The problem is that he doesn't intend to work harder this offseason. He has already blown off his team commitment to go back to UT for his basket weaving degree.

hahaha, are you that naive to believe that? something tells me that you have no clue what you are talking about....

have you even taken a summer session at college? have you even gone to college? by your view of summer school, i kinda doubt it. well for your information summer sessions are short (most sessions are around 5-6 weeks, fast paced, and quite difficult especially at a university level. you can do back to back sessions totally 10-12 weeks but your summer is pretty much hosed then). The classes are also held during the offseason, almost all classes outside of graduate lab work would end well before OTAs. but whatever, VY is dumb lazy and uncommitted says you. God forbid he spends his summer learning and getting a degree as opposed to living in strip bars and nightclubs.

why is it that when other athletes go back to get their diplomas they are cheered for and commended, while when VY does it, people label him as uncommitted. just utter garbage and par for the course by the legions of VY haters around here. you claim the guy is dumb, yet here is going back to help earn his diploma. I just think its a shame that anyone would be so shallow as to criticize an athlete for going back to school, especially when the guy left early and broke a promise to his mother. Just grow up and give credit to the guy for going back to school and stop using it as another empty accusation on why VY is bad or why he isn't professional.

If you wan't an example of an uncommitted QB just go back and look at our first 5 years of existence....but most of the VY haters all thought Carr was Jesus in Cleats anyways so that shows you how much they know about commitment and professionalism.

I know VY is having problems and its not everyone else's fault. It's on VY too. He didn't have the same level of fitness this year and although his passing improved, he still has a while to go to be called a good passing QB. I just don't like it when people bring their childish agendas to the forum and slam VY for things that have no basis whatsoever. It just smacks of immaturity and ignorance.

Specnatz
01-30-2008, 01:23 PM
hahaha, are you that naive to believe that? something tells me that you have no clue what you are talking about....

have you even taken a summer session at college? have you even gone to college? by your view of summer school, i kinda doubt it. well for your information summer sessions are short (most sessions are around 5-6 weeks, fast paced, and quite difficult especially at a university level. you can do back to back sessions totally 10-12 weeks but your summer is pretty much hosed then). The classes are also held during the offseason, almost all classes outside of graduate lab work would end well before OTAs. but whatever, VY is dumb lazy and uncommitted says you. God forbid he spends his summer learning and getting a degree as opposed to living in strip bars and nightclubs.

why is it that when other athletes go back to get their diplomas they are cheered for and commended, while when VY does it, people label him as uncommitted. just utter garbage and par for the course by the legions of VY haters around here. you claim the guy is dumb, yet here is going back to help earn his diploma. I just think its a shame that anyone would be so shallow as to criticize an athlete for going back to school, especially when the guy left early and broke a promise to his mother. Just grow up and give credit to the guy for going back to school and stop using it as another empty accusation on why VY is bad or why he isn't professional.

If you wan't an example of an uncommitted QB just go back and look at our first 5 years of existence....but most of the VY haters all thought Carr was Jesus in Cleats anyways so that shows you how much they know about commitment and professionalism.

I know VY is having problems and its not everyone else's fault. It's on VY too. He didn't have the same level of fitness this year and although his passing improved, he still has a while to go to be called a good passing QB. I just don't like it when people bring their childish agendas to the forum and slam VY for things that have no basis whatsoever. It just smacks of immaturity and ignorance.

I think you missed his point. Saying the basket weaving was a bit of humor but he was relating to the fact that VY will be in a class room studing WTF ever and not working on his football game.

This is not about Carr!!

Texan_Bill
01-30-2008, 01:24 PM
don't forget if Bud spends money and puts talent around VY.

There's two problems here:
a) Like Bud has ever been known to spend money...? So that dog ain't hunting.
b) Look at film of VY and his receivers. Yes there were some drops, but no more than any other team. In fact, someone posted a list (somewhere) of 'drops' by receivers. Not one Titan was in the top 10. (someone please find that list - Spec maybe??). Many of his interceptions were poorly thrown balls and had absolutely nothing to do with the 'talent' of his receivers..

Specnatz
01-30-2008, 01:26 PM
b) Look at film of VY and his receivers. Yes there were some drops, but no more than any other team. In fact, someone posted a list (somewhere) of 'drops' by receivers. Not one Titan was in the top 10. (someone please find that list - Spec maybe??). Many of his interceptions were poorly thrown balls and had absolutely nothing to do with the 'talent' of his receivers..

http://stats.washingtonpost.com/fb/leaders.asp?range=NFL&type=Receiving&rank=232

Here ya go.

ATRAIN
01-30-2008, 01:32 PM

DAMN there are some VERY talented receivers that drop balls. Someone should find stats on the receivers when Collins thew the ball and then when VY did. I guess I could but im lazy like that.

Texan_Bill
01-30-2008, 01:32 PM
http://stats.washingtonpost.com/fb/leaders.asp?range=NFL&type=Receiving&rank=232

Here ya go.

Thanks Spec... rep. to you.... errrr 'must spread....'

NFL Leaders: Passes Dropped (Thru Dec. 30, 2007)

Rank Player Team Stats
1t Dallas Clark Ind 12
1t Braylon Edwards Cle 12
3t Reggie Bush NO 10
3t Devery Henderson NO 10
3t Santana Moss Was 10
3t Terrell Owens Dal 10
7t Randy Moss NE 9
7t Brian Westbrook Phi 9
9t Brandon Jacobs NYG 8
9t Brandon Marshall Den 8
9t Shaun McDonald Det 8
9t Steve Smith Car 8
9t Kellen Winslow Cle 8
14t Marty Booker Mia 7
14t Desmond Clark Chi 7
14t Ronald Curry Oak 7
14t Warrick Dunn Atl 7
14t Anthony Gonzalez Ind 7
14t Frank Gore SF 7
14t Earnest Graham TB 7
14t T.J. Houshmandzadeh Cin 7
14t Darrell Jackson SF 7
14t Chad Johnson Cin 7
14t Amani Toomer NYG 7

Wow.... TJ Whosyourmomma and Chad Johnson are on that list - but no Titan.... Why?? Because your quarterback has to get the ball to you in order to have an opportunity to drop it... :cowboy1:

ATRAIN
01-30-2008, 01:34 PM

Rank Player Team Stats
1t Dallas Clark Ind 12
3t Reggie Bush NO 10
3t Santana Moss Was 10
3t Terrell Owens Dal 10
7t Randy Moss NE 9
7t Brian Westbrook Phi 9
9t Brandon Jacobs NYG 8
9t Shaun McDonald Det 8
9t Steve Smith Car 8
9t Kellen Winslow Cle 8
14t Marty Booker Mia 7
14t Desmond Clark Chi 7
14t Ronald Curry Oak 7
14t Warrick Dunn Atl 7
14t Frank Gore SF 7
14t Earnest Graham TB 7
14t Darrell Jackson SF 7
14t Chad Johnson Cin 7
14t Amani Toomer NYG 7

Wow.... TJ Whosyourmomma and Chad Johnson are on that list - but no Titan.... Why?? Because your quarterback has to get the ball to you in order to have an opportunity to drop it... :cowboy1:

So I guess its now the lines fault?

Second Honeymoon
01-30-2008, 01:42 PM

Rank Player Team Stats
1t Dallas Clark Ind 12
3t Reggie Bush NO 10
3t Santana Moss Was 10
3t Terrell Owens Dal 10
7t Randy Moss NE 9
7t Brian Westbrook Phi 9
9t Brandon Jacobs NYG 8
9t Shaun McDonald Det 8
9t Steve Smith Car 8
9t Kellen Winslow Cle 8
14t Marty Booker Mia 7
14t Desmond Clark Chi 7
14t Ronald Curry Oak 7
14t Warrick Dunn Atl 7
14t Frank Gore SF 7
14t Earnest Graham TB 7
14t Darrell Jackson SF 7
14t Chad Johnson Cin 7
14t Amani Toomer NYG 7

its not just about dropping passes, its also about having teh skills to get open. that stat is also VERY misleading due to the fact that the Titans rarely throw the ball thus there would be less opportunity for drops...

I have never said his WR drop teh ball, I have said that his WR corps is pretty much pathetic and that his RB crew isn't much better. Yes, they had a lot of yards rushing but that is part and parcel of running the ball all the time which is normal for a Fisher-coached team.

as for him going back to school, I don't see how anyone could fault him for that. it doesnt interfere with his football and frankly it could benefit him by him spending less time partying and more time in a learning environment...

...I just can't stand when people who know next to nothing about anything outside of Harris County make ludicrous and ignorant statements about things they know little to nothing about.

VY has not been a bust and he doesnt suck. no amount of hating or meaningless stats will change that. he has a winning record as a starter and has been to the playoffs once in his first two years. that is pretty damn good anyway you slice it. is it perfect? no.

some of you guys are just such homers that you can't even form an objective opinion about anything football related. it sucks because i have read most of yalls talkes on the NoSpin forum and you guys are brighter than your football takes give you credit for.

Texan_Bill
01-30-2008, 01:43 PM

Not according to Center Kevin Mawae:

Remember all the controversy over Vince Young's first Wonderlic score, well Kevin Mawae may have just reopened that can of worms.

Talking on a Nashville sports talk show, the Titans center questioned whether Young knows the playbook well enough to run the offense effectively. To quote from KFMac70, who summarized Mawae's comments on the Titans' official message board:
Mawae was very outspoken, as usual, but in these comments noted that much of the Titans problems on offense centered on Young's lack of progression to develop as a thinker in the huddle and also seems to very seriously question his grasp of an NFL offense.

Mawae noted that Vince wants to win more than anyone on the team, but that he believed that he could do it on ability alone and that in this league, the talent gap is closed by the thinkers of the game and the intelligence of the players.

Mawae said that Young often called the wrong plays with the wrong formations, or when he did call the wrong play and caught it, he was confused as to what to do and didn't call timeout, resulting in a busted play. Mawae said he also questioned the fact that the Titans had so many young players in the huddle that rarely did one of them step up and correct a wrong play call (as Wycheck noted that Eddie and he used to do that to Steve when he messed up).

Rest of story: Mawae: Young Still Needs to Learn the Titans Offense (http://sports.aol.com/fanhouse/2008/01/10/mawae-young-still-needs-to-learn-the-titans-offense/#cont)

Second Honeymoon
01-30-2008, 01:51 PM

Mawae's statements could ring true for any number of QBs in the league. It happens all the time with young Qbs....it even happens to veterans.

Could VY do more to learn the playbook? yes. his seemingly average intelligence and his learning disability were big red flags for me when he came out into the draft. they still are red flags. he knows the position but he needs more of a command of the playbook and more of an ability to diagnose the coverage pre-snap. Those things come to those who study and he will need to do a better job to silence the critics, Mawae included. Just don't act like he is the only QB to not fully comprehend the playbook or to not fully understand coverages in the NFL. We had a guy here who didn't know anything 5 years into his career and you guys are surprised about this? Even Peyton didn't get it until halfway through his 2nd year and that guy is teh epitome of big brained QBs. But VY sucks because you guys say so....whatever.

Texan_Bill
01-30-2008, 01:56 PM
Mawae's statements could ring true for any number of QBs in the league. It happens all the time with young Qbs....it even happens to veterans.

But VY sucks because you guys say so....whatever.

Absolutely, I agree. But since this is Vincent's thread, I thought it more suitable to stay with him..

And I feel the same way about all those 'Lovers' who have force fed 'his highness' down my throat since his days at Texas.... He aint 'all that'!!

Blazing Arrow
01-30-2008, 01:56 PM
Please define a dropped pass?

Since drops are not a stat kept by the NFL what is a dropped ball? When Troupe was hit in the face with the ball and did not even touch it is that considered a drop? The numbers are not accurate in any way due to the lack of inconsistency that can revolve around the stat. Most of you watched a few of the games and you can honestly say that the Titans WRs were not dropping balls? Go back to the game threads if you need too. Allot of you called out more drops then supposedly even happened in the games.

But then again trusting your own eyes is not really valid either right?

Texan_Bill
01-30-2008, 02:00 PM

Since drops are not a stat kept by the NFL what is a dropped ball? When Troupe was hit in the face with the ball and did not even touch it is that considered a drop? The numbers are not accurate in any way due to the lack of inconsistency that can revolve around the stat. Most of you watched a few of the games and you can honestly say that the Titans WRs were not dropping balls? Go back to the game threads if you need too. Allot of you called out more drops then supposedly even happened in the games.

:yawn:

HoustonFrog
01-30-2008, 02:00 PM

Not to dog my own team but this is the defintion

http://i29.tinypic.com/14xj5fr.jpg

Blazing Arrow
01-30-2008, 02:03 PM
:yawn:

Nice way to dodge a valid argument. I guess you can not define a drop either. :thinking:

infantrycak
01-30-2008, 02:03 PM
his learning disability

What learning disability?

Since drops are not a stat kept by the NFL what is a dropped ball? When Troupe was hit in the face with the ball and did not even touch it is that considered a drop? The numbers are not accurate in any way due to the lack of inconsistency that can revolve around the stat.

Now you are just spinning. Drops are kept by Stats, Inc. They are identified as potential drops and then reviewed by a committee for consistency. To be a drop, the ball has to be catchable and the failure to complete cannot be the conduct of the DB, i.e. a DB will never get credit for a pass defensed on a pass a WR gets credited for a drop and vice versa. And it is kept across the league so you have zero evidence to assert somehow VY or any other QB has been the victim rather than possibly the benefactor of mis-analysis.

FYI--a better argument for you would be that the absolute number of drops doesn't matter, rather what really counts is the % of drops. VY looks better on that--still bottom half of the league, but better.

I hate this thread, what am I doing here? Carry on.

Blazing Arrow
01-30-2008, 02:06 PM
Not to dog my own team but this is the defintion

http://i29.tinypic.com/14xj5fr.jpg

By your estimation. Are you telling me that is what the people who compiled the numbers used? Does the ball have to hit both hands? How about one hand? Did the WR just not put out both arms and is that a drop? The ball lobbed to troupe in the end zone at the beginning of the season where he just did not hustle too it and the ball was lost in the sun would not be considered a drop but was that Young’s issue? A VERY subjective stat. It should really be missed opportunities that are a judge of the WR core.

Texan_Bill
01-30-2008, 02:18 PM
Nice way to dodge a valid argument. I guess you can not define a drop either. :thinking:

Not dodging anything... Working on getting an extra season ticket....... Slightly more important than debating whether or not a ball hitting Troupe in the face is considered a drop.

Original point remains the same. Young fans sound exactly the way Carr fans sounded here - with the excuses. Receivers. Weapons. ATRAIN jokingly said it must be the "O-line"... Face it - he's not that good.

I didn't buy the hype when he was in college. I thought he was a 'good college' quarterback that had a great collegiate career - but that means absolutely nothing when it comes to the NFL. Good college quarterbacks do not necessarily translate to professional success. Some have the tools for it some dont. Throwing the ball is a huge necessity, but certainly not one of Vincent's attributes. Intelligence is another huge tool needed (and I am seriously not referring to his test scores - I mean football IQ), and he doesn't appear to have that either. Quartebacks can get better but there must be a foundation for those two attributes and I just don't see it in young.

As I can not predict the future, he may very well become a serviceable or good or even a great quarterback some day..

HoustonFrog
01-30-2008, 02:19 PM
By your estimation. Are you telling me that is what the people who compiled the numbers used? Does the ball have to hit both hands? How about one hand? Did the WR just not put out both arms and is that a drop? The ball lobbed to troupe in the end zone at the beginning of the season where he just did not hustle too it and the ball was lost in the sun would not be considered a drop but was that Young’s issue? A VERY subjective stat. It should really be missed opportunities that are a judge of the WR core.

I actually put that picture because I was used to seeing it 2 years ago and less regularly this year. I'm not sure how it is officially tallied except how Infantry explained it.

HOU-TEX
01-30-2008, 02:30 PM

Now you are just spinning. Drops are kept by Stats, Inc. They are identified as potential drops and then reviewed by a committee for consistency. To be a drop, the ball has to be catchable and the failure to complete cannot be the conduct of the DB, i.e. a DB will never get credit for a pass defensed on a pass a WR gets credited for a drop and vice versa. And it is kept across the league so you have zero evidence to assert somehow VY or any other QB has been the victim rather than possibly the benefactor of mis-analysis.

FYI--a better argument for you would be that the absolute number of drops doesn't matter, rather what really counts is the % of drops. VY looks better on that--still bottom half of the league, but better.

I hate this thread, what am I doing here? Carry on.

Agreed! Can't we at least move it to the Rivals board. I look forward to the day the VY/Bush crap is dead. By the looks of it, I'll be either too old to take notice or 6 foot under.:elle:

Bulluck53
01-30-2008, 02:32 PM
BA its not worth your energy.

Double Barrel
01-30-2008, 02:38 PM
I've only seen one other instance where a no. 1 picked QB had so many excuses... :whistle:

And next to Cowboy fans, I've never seen a playoff-caliber team with so much hand-wringing and whiny assed excuses as the crap Titans fans spew daily.

yeah yeah, the Texans yada yada yada. Now that we have that diversion out of the way, let the whining resume.

Bulluck53
01-30-2008, 04:44 PM
Since you generalized I'll respond.

Titans fans are like every other fan base, we have those people who believe everything we do is great, everyone on our team is the best and can do no wrong. We have those who are pessimistic about everything, always expecting failure. And those of us in the middle.

Those excuses are by people who fail to admit the truth, that VY is not a good QB right now. Believe it or not, I think BA, and most everyone else who comes here, knows that but naturally steps in to defend his guy. I would do the same If I didn't believe it to be a huge waste of time.

Blazing Arrow
01-30-2008, 04:52 PM
BA its not worth your energy.

Oh I know ...

I just like seeing this thread alive and well.

47 ... 47 pages ah ah ah

http://i164.photobucket.com/albums/u13/BlazingArrow24/thecount.jpg

:doot:

Second Honeymoon
01-30-2008, 06:39 PM

He had been diagnosed with a learning disability during his time at Madison and it was considered a possible obstacle he would have to overcome during his time at Texas....and now his time in the NFL. i don't believe the actual disability was diagnosed but I am pretty sure its not dyslexia but is probably verbal. I remember reading about it in the UT newsletter True Orange the rag by Jerry Scarborough (great read). That was why his Wunderlic struggles were not that surprising to me. Anyone who has spent any time with the guy would realize that he isn't the smartest guy in the world...especially verbally. he isn't dumb but he is probably less bright than your average QB. I did do a quick Google search on VY and learning disability and it looks to be attention deficit related which is concentration and focus.

My dad gets the True Orange e-newsletter so i will ask him when that was in that paper. it was like his Sophomore year when they were making plans to promote him.

Second Honeymoon
01-30-2008, 06:42 PM
Not dodging anything... Working on getting an extra season ticket....... Slightly more important than debating whether or not a ball hitting Troupe in the face is considered a drop.

Original point remains the same. Young fans sound exactly the way Carr fans sounded here - with the excuses. Receivers. Weapons. ATRAIN jokingly said it must be the "O-line"... Face it - he's not that good.

I didn't buy the hype when he was in college. I thought he was a 'good college' quarterback that had a great collegiate career - but that means absolutely nothing when it comes to the NFL. Good college quarterbacks do not necessarily translate to professional success. Some have the tools for it some dont. Throwing the ball is a huge necessity, but certainly not one of Vincent's attributes. Intelligence is another huge tool needed (and I am seriously not referring to his test scores - I mean football IQ), and he doesn't appear to have that either. Quartebacks can get better but there must be a foundation for those two attributes and I just don't see it in young.

As I can not predict the future, he may very well become a serviceable or good or even a great quarterback some day..

TB, although not a VY fan, at least has a grasp on realities whether they support his stance or not. I would claim he is already serviceable but that is purely subjective and just mho.

Overalls
01-30-2008, 11:28 PM

I am sorry for getting in the way of your man crush. He still needs to spend more time learning the game he gets paid to play instead of doing something he plenty of time to do later. Compairing him to Carr does nothing to improve his standings as a QB. As for your statement about knowing nothing about anything outside of Harris County. I have been to 14 states, 5 countrys and 3 continents and yes I have a degree.

bah007
01-30-2008, 11:35 PM
He still needs to spend more time learning the game he gets paid to play instead of doing something he plenty of time to do later.

Its the offseason. He has plenty of time to get this done.

If you made a promise to your mother that you were gonna get a college degree, wouldnt you do everything you could to make it happen?

There is nothing wrong with the timing, and as a college graduate, you should know better than to criticize a kid for going back to school.

Professional football is a job and its temporary. That degree will last his entire life.

I smell so much hatred on this subject (not necessarily from you) that its making me sick. I get it: He is way overhyped in Houston. He plays for our biggest rival. He is overrated.

But to criticize him for this is embarrassing to watch from another Texans fan's point of view. Criticize his play, leave this alone.

Overalls
01-30-2008, 11:45 PM
Then you need to go to the Titans board. Half of them are saying the same things. No one is faulting him for wanting to further his education but it was plain to see that him and his WRs were not on the same page last season. I am not saying it is all his fault or all the WRs fault. They both must take blaim. The Titans have a new OC and will at least be tweaking the offense. He should be having new WRs coming in this offseason as well. But instead of putting forth maximum effort to correct the teams offensive problems he will be putting forth effort towards doing something that should not be his top priority at this time in his developmental stage as an NFL QB.

Here is a link to the Titans main MB where even they are posting the same copy of the Wonderlic test that has been posted on this board.

http://forums.titansonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=33922

Blazing Arrow
01-31-2008, 12:23 AM
Strangly when he was in college he was able to practice and goto college full time. I wonder with the support of a professional football team, a nice training facility at UT, and enough money to fly in his WRs to practice all he wants if he will be able to hurdle that problem of working with the players on the team during his schooling? :thinking:

Carr Bombed
01-31-2008, 12:36 AM
He should finish "graduating" his playbook, before he finishes graduating from school.

I wasn't going to mention this (and don't know if anyone in the previous 40 something pages has or not), because I really don't care, but I did find what John McClain had to say about what he heard from his Tenn. sources...(and Tack fans, John McClain probably easily has more Tenn. sources than Hou. sources.....his head is still stuck up that franchise's a**)

Anyway, he was saying the real reason why Norm Chow was fired was not because Jeff Fisher thought he was a bad coach or didn't like his schemes, or even believed that he couldn't be successful in this league. John McClain said the talk around the Titans FO is that Norm Chow was fired, because he was a X's and O's guy who didn't rip into Vince Young enough, hold him accountable enough, and get into his a** and get him to do what he should be doing.

John McClain said the word out of Tenn. was that Jeff Fisher wanted Mike Heimerdinger back, because Mike is a "rah rah" coach who will get in Vince's a** and get him to grow up and study his playbook, because apparently under Norm Chow, Vince wasn't putting in the time as far as studying film and studying his playbook.

Seems like Vince still just wants to be Vince, but poor Vince doesn't realize that this isn't the NCAA where college coaches can just scrap everything, dumb down the playbook for you, and let you win games on athleticism alone.........because in all honesty, it sounds like Vince is waiting for Fisher to do that

Now I remember how alot of people were saying how great of a leader Vince is and how that was his biggest quality and what seperated him apart in the draft. Vince was a great leader IN COLLEGE, because like I said above IN COLLEGE, Vince was able to "just be Vince" and the team got behind that..........in the pros Vince is going to have to be more than "Vince being Vince", he's going to have to be a NFL Quar-ta-back. He's actually going to have to know more of the playbook than his veteran lineman or the'll see right through him............like some already have.

and before you Tack fans/Vince Young leg humpers go bashing me, remember one thing...............John McClain is THE BIGGEST VINCE YOUNG LEG HUMPER AROUND!

I honestly feel if the "Mike Heimerdinger" experiment doesn't work out, it won't be Heimerdinger out of a job at Titans HQs in two years..........but Vince Young.......especially if Vince goes throwing up that craptastic TD/INT ratio again.

infantrycak
01-31-2008, 09:25 AM

If you made a promise to your mother that you were gonna get a college degree, wouldnt you do everything you could to make it happen?

Yeah, and he has plenty of time to do this after realizing his potential as a QB that he is being paid for. Momma ain't paying him at this point and he isn't coming off a season of progress. He should be putting all his attention into improving as an NFL player, although as a Texans fan I hope he doesn't.

BigBull17
01-31-2008, 10:18 AM
don't forget if Bud spends money and puts talent around VY. Then the excuses will be 'any QB could win with a receiving corps like that' or some other lame drivel that most VY haters think are actual takes. its so funny how the same people who had Carr jerseys and made every excuse in the book for that piece of garbage are the same people who claim VY sucks or that he hasn't developed enough yet. One guy doesnt even get a year while the other guy gets 5 years of free passes and a parade of lame excuses. just freakin' pathetic but par for the course for many of the fans round these parts. i wonder why one guy got a free pass and the other guy doesn't? hmmm, i wonder why?

(btw I don't wonder why because I know why but that is another thread altogether)

I agree that Carr got way to long, but to say that his WR are the only reason he looked bad this year is also kinda blind. He made throws and decisions that make your eyes bug out. His passes were all over the place, some were ok, a few were great, but most were awful throws that looked a little Carrish. He looks confused in the pocket. When he looks bad, he pouts and limps to the side line.

He has a lot of improving to do, and even his stoutest supportrs have to see that. I just dont know how better WR's are gonna change his decision making and errent throws.

Second Honeymoon
01-31-2008, 10:36 AM
I give up. I have never put the blame solely on the talent around him. Quite the contrary, I have stated numerous times that VY needs to improve and get better. I just think its way out of line to criticize a guy spending the non-football offseason finishing his education. Summer school ends before OTAs....but whatever, your guys hatred and jealousy trumps logic any day so continue to hate on people and display utter ignorance. I am done as you guys are like broken records....its just sad because most of the guys slamming VY were the same guys making excuses for DC till teh day he left town. I guess I was way ahead of the curve on that one and just about everything else of worth. It takes some people longer to come around to reality. I understand that.

infantrycak
01-31-2008, 10:51 AM
I give up. I have never put the blame solely on the talent around him. Quite the contrary, I have stated numerous times that VY needs to improve and get better. I just think its way out of line to criticize a guy spending the non-football offseason finishing his education. Summer school ends before OTAs....but whatever, your guys hatred and jealousy trumps logic any day so continue to hate on people and display utter ignorance. I am done as you guys are like broken records....its just sad because most of the guys slamming VY were the same guys making excuses for DC till teh day he left town. I guess I was way ahead of the curve on that one and just about everything else of worth. It takes some people longer to come around to reality. I understand that.

You're the one who always makes absurd blanket assertions about ties between Carr and VY. How about this one?--shouldn't Carr have spent more time in the off-season with AJ and trying to learn the offense?--shouldn't that have been focus one for him?

Same standard--both need to get better. One has already failed--the other still has a chance but needs to put the work in to get it done.

Second Honeymoon
01-31-2008, 11:10 AM
You're the one who always makes absurd blanket assertions about ties between Carr and VY. How about this one?--shouldn't Carr have spent more time in the off-season with AJ and trying to learn the offense?--shouldn't that have been focus one for him?

Same standard--both need to get better. One has already failed--the other still has a chance but needs to put the work in to get it done.

yet DC got a free pass from everyone...including you. when I spoke of how I had heard news that DC was the last to practice and first to leave and how he never went out with his teammates, I was labeled a hater and you would always ask me how I knew that. I spoke of his lack of dedication and would then be labeled a hater. I knew what I knew because I have a best friend who is a bartender in the Rice Village and a lot of the guys would go to his bar and he would hear the talk and he would ask questions of the guys after practice because it was right down Kirby from Reliant Park. He would ask 'why don't you bring David down here' and they would just laugh like 'yeah, right. like david is going to go out drinking with the guys' I knew most of the guys didn't like DC as early as year2....but i was a hater. I also happened to be right all along as the dirty laundry of Carr came out once he was kicked to the curb like a common crack ho.

VY needs to do a better job being a professional but I just wonder why the same guys who had practically had I LOVE DAVID CARR tatooed on their forearm are the same guys slamming VY as being unprofessional and uncommitted. Why the different set of rules?

I criticize Vince Young just like I criticized David Carr, but lets remember that VY just finished his 2nd year and the jury is still out on him. Don't everyone act like he sucks and is a failure because we only have to look to our old #8 to see a true failure who had the wool pulled over the fan's eyes. Why the difference in opinion? why the different levels of expecation? one guy was #3 overall and one guy was #1 overall. Why do excuses mean something to you for Carr but VY gets no excuses. Just be consistent or you lose credibility (not specifically you Icak, as I know you are knowledgeable and generally even-handed on most issues...and I think you are cool and a good fan)

Double Barrel
01-31-2008, 11:16 AM

Remember all the controversy over Vince Young's first Wonderlic score, well Kevin Mawae may have just reopened that can of worms.

Talking on a Nashville sports talk show, the Titans center questioned whether Young knows the playbook well enough to run the offense effectively. To quote from KFMac70, who summarized Mawae's comments on the Titans' official message board:
Mawae was very outspoken, as usual, but in these comments noted that much of the Titans problems on offense centered on Young's lack of progression to develop as a thinker in the huddle and also seems to very seriously question his grasp of an NFL offense.

Mawae noted that Vince wants to win more than anyone on the team, but that he believed that he could do it on ability alone and that in this league, the talent gap is closed by the thinkers of the game and the intelligence of the players.

Mawae said that Young often called the wrong plays with the wrong formations, or when he did call the wrong play and caught it, he was confused as to what to do and didn't call timeout, resulting in a busted play. Mawae said he also questioned the fact that the Titans had so many young players in the huddle that rarely did one of them step up and correct a wrong play call (as Wycheck noted that Eddie and he used to do that to Steve when he messed up).

Rest of story: Mawae: Young Still Needs to Learn the Titans Offense (http://sports.aol.com/fanhouse/2008/01/10/mawae-young-still-needs-to-learn-the-titans-offense/#cont)

Wow....just...wow.

In all my decades of watching the NFL, I have never seen a fellow player be so frank about a 2nd year QB. Seriously, this is truly shedding light on areas that VY and the team probably don't want aired in public.

infantrycak
01-31-2008, 11:50 AM
yet DC got a free pass from everyone...including you. when I spoke of how I had heard news that DC was the last to practice and first to leave and how he never went out with his teammates, I was labeled a hater and you would always ask me how I knew that. I spoke of his lack of dedication and would then be labeled a hater. I knew what I knew because I have a best friend who is a bartender in the Rice Village and a lot of the guys would go to his bar and he would hear the talk and he would ask questions of the guys after practice because it was right down Kirby from Reliant Park. He would ask 'why don't you bring David down here' and they would just laugh like 'yeah, right. like david is going to go out drinking with the guys' I knew most of the guys didn't like DC as early as year2....but i was a hater. I also happened to be right all along as the dirty laundry of Carr came out once he was kicked to the curb like a common crack ho.

No DC didn't get a free pass. What he got was a question to you for your assertion, just like I have done on many issues and players when various posters assert things. This is the first time you have recited this source. If you have given this support way back when, your assertion would have had more legs. Instead we didn't get that support until the last 18 months of the Carr experiment.

Why the different set of rules?

At least for me this is a discussion of a specific issue--taking college classes v. studying the NFL. Look at the stories about all the time Schaub spent last year voluntarily to learn the system--that is laudable. If Carr was reported to have been spending time in classes for school I would have said he needed to spend time earning his big paycheck as well. If you ain't do well, you're first objective should be to get better for the team paying you.

Second Honeymoon
01-31-2008, 12:12 PM
No DC didn't get a free pass. What he got was a question to you for your assertion, just like I have done on many issues and players when various posters assert things. This is the first time you have recited this source. If you have given this support way back when, your assertion would have had more legs. Instead we didn't get that support until the last 18 months of the Carr experiment.

At least for me this is a discussion of a specific issue--taking college classes v. studying the NFL. Look at the stories about all the time Schaub spent last year voluntarily to learn the system--that is laudable. If Carr was reported to have been spending time in classes for school I would have said he needed to spend time earning his big paycheck as well. If you ain't do well, you're first objective should be to get better for the team paying you.

i hear ya, icak. i just don't want to out a friend and get him in trouble. this was during the days where Carr was still untouchable to criticism and I am sure the players wouldn't have been happy if it became common knowledge that Carr wasn't really loved or appreciated around the locker room.

as for the thread subject, i don't see how attending summer school affects his development. professional sports are definitely a year-round effort but he can still take classes and put some work in on the field and in the filmroom/playbook. all of this schooling all happens before OTAs so what is the big deal? this will not take him away from football, if anything it may even bring him closer to football and put him in an environment he is comfortable at.

as a texans fan, I don't want the guy to progress and I hope he fails. but as a fan of VY during his Texas days and as an honest fan who just loves good football, I want to see the guy get a fair shake and for people to not go out of their way to materialize critiques of him. if you want to fault his throwing motion, accuracy, nightlife, and dedication, that is fine because those are things that must get better for him to take the next step. but don't claim that taking some summer school courses proves that he is undedicated or unprofessional. quite the contrary i might add.

i guess its the double standard by some of the posters that gets my goat. where was this mentality of instant gratification when David was here? why was he given years of excuses and chances but VY has to not just get to the playoffs but win a playoff game before he even gets two full seasons as a starter? why the difference? why did David get 5 years of excuses while VY gets no excuses even though he has a winning record as a starter and has helped his team get to the playoffs? why you hate on one guy yet kiss and hug and baby the other guy? it just smacks of hypocrisy or worse.

once again, icak. when i say 'you' I am not meaning just you. i think you know that though.

eriadoc
01-31-2008, 12:16 PM
I criticize Vince Young just like I criticized David Carr....

Just like? Really? As in, the same level of rancor and everything? I call BS.

:challenge

BigBull17
01-31-2008, 12:19 PM
i hear ya, icak. i just don't want to out a friend and get him in trouble. this was during the days where Carr was still untouchable to criticism and I am sure the players wouldn't have been happy if it became common knowledge that Carr wasn't really loved or appreciated around the locker room.

as for the thread subject, i don't see how attending summer school affects his development. professional sports are definitely a year-round effort but he can still take classes and put some work in on the field and in the filmroom/playbook. all of this schooling all happens before OTAs so what is the big deal? this will not take him away from football, if anything it may even bring him closer to football and put him in an environment he is comfortable at.

as a texans fan, I don't want the guy to progress and I hope he fails. but as a fan of VY during his Texas days and as an honest fan who just loves good football, I want to see the guy get a fair shake and for people to not go out of their way to materialize critiques of him. if you want to fault his throwing motion, accuracy, nightlife, and dedication, that is fine because those are things that must get better for him to take the next step. but don't claim that taking some summer school courses proves that he is undedicated or unprofessional. quite the contrary i might add.

i guess its the double standard by some of the posters that gets my goat. where was this mentality of instant gratification when David was here? why was he given years of excuses and chances but VY has to not just get to the playoffs but win a playoff game before he even gets two full seasons as a starter? why the difference? why did David get 5 years of excuses while VY gets no excuses even though he has a winning record as a starter and has helped his team get to the playoffs? why you hate on one guy yet kiss and hug and baby the other guy? it just smacks of hypocrisy or worse.

once again, icak. when i say 'you' I am not meaning just you. i think you know that though.

Ok, not bashing the guy for trying to finish his education, but off season doesnt start with OTA's. You work before that. Im sure the NFL's best do a few things prior to OTA's to get ready. He needs alot of work on his overall work ethic. He needs to take what WR's they have under contract and start throwing the ball around. Get timing and a feel for them. Those are the little things that take a QB to the next level.

Texan_Bill
01-31-2008, 12:36 PM

First, I've got no problem with anyone that goes back to get their degree, unless it hurts their team's chances of winning. Right now, we dont know if this will be the case or not. But those that argue he should wait to finish his degree have a valid argument too... It's not as though vincent showed signs of getting better. On the contrary he was worse...

Comparing him to Carr are two separate animals altogether. Carr, while lauded in Houston, did not have nearly the hype that 'his holiness' had. He (Carr) also was forced into starting every down since day one with an entirely new franchise. Vincent sat for a few games before starting and it was with an established team. Fact is, his play hurt the Titans unlike the way Rothlesberger as a rookie was able to manage his offense without hurting them.

Hype... And the fact that Horns fans (not all, as there are a few Horns fans here that get it about Young) shoved 'VY' down everyone's throat with Burnt Orange glasses.

He made some plays in college which earned some of the hype he received, but I will go back to the fact (as I have said all along), he played with some outstanding people at Texas that made him look better, not him making them look better... See: Limas Sweed, Sevin Young, David Thomas, Romance Taylor, Jamaal Charles, Quan Cosby, Billy Pittman, Jordan Shipley.. oh for good measure throw in an offensive lineman or two: Justin Blalock and Kasey Studdard. Thats a pretty formidable lineup...

Fact is that at the professional level, his weaknesses are being exploited and he is far from living up to expectations. Therefore, the people that say he should spend his time working on his game now and finish school later have a very valid point..

Double Barrel
01-31-2008, 12:47 PM

There is nothing wrong with the timing, and as a college graduate, you should know better than to criticize a kid for going back to school.

If it was so important to him and his mother, then he should have stayed in school for another year to finish what he started. It didn't seem all that important when he declared and signed his soul to the devil.

Now he's a pro football player, a starting QB, one of only 32 in the world. The NFL is now 24/7/365 for the best teams and players, and if he truly wants to be the best and compete accordingly, then he would focus solely on his career and catch up to school when his football days are over and he's got plenty of time (and money).

Do you know that Tom Brady works out with his WRs year round? Do you know that NFL coaches hardly ever take time off, even after the season is over? Do you know why? Because that attention to detail and work ethic is what makes good players into great players. I guess Vince Young thinks he's above all that, simply because he's the greatest in his own mind. Yet the word from his own coaches and teammates seem to indicate otherwise, and reveal that he should be studying his NEW playbook in order to get a grasp on it.

But don't get me wrong: I am VERY HAPPY that Vince is going back to school instead of working to be a better pro QB. It just means he won't reach his full potential, and that's a good thing for his opponents.

:doot: <---me, very happy

Overalls
01-31-2008, 01:03 PM
I can't believe that we can't be more critical of the players on a division rival than we are of our own teams players. I guess I missed all the "Mario is great" threads on the Titans boards.

Specnatz
01-31-2008, 01:04 PM
I criticize Vince Young just like I criticized David Carr, but lets remember that VY just finished his 2nd year and the jury is still out on him.

Just like? Really? As in, the same level of rancor and everything? I call BS.

:challenge

You have repeatedly said you knew Carr was a bust after his second year, so just by the second part of your sentence makes the first part cmpletely WRONG.

Eriadoc, is right becuase it is impossible for you or anyone else to criticize anyone as much as you have carr. Hell you still have not gotten over it yet. You bring him up more than a bulimic brings up their lunch. http://i120.photobucket.com/albums/o195/Specnatz/puke.gif

Texan_Bill
01-31-2008, 01:07 PM
You bring him up more than a bulimic brings up their lunch. http://i120.photobucket.com/albums/o195/Specnatz/puke.gif

That made me laugh!!!

Second Honeymoon
01-31-2008, 04:22 PM
You have repeatedly said you knew Carr was a bust after his second year, so just by the second part of your sentence makes the first part cmpletely WRONG.

Eriadoc, is right becuase it is impossible for you or anyone else to criticize anyone as much as you have carr. Hell you still have not gotten over it yet. You bring him up more than a bulimic brings up their lunch. http://i120.photobucket.com/albums/o195/Specnatz/puke.gif

I thought he was a bad pick from Day One but reserved judgement until I saw more of the guy. I had seen enough by year 2 to know that he was a total scrub....and that opinion and feeling was proven valid ever since then.

as for VY, he hasn't even played 2 years yet but during his early stages has managed to compile a winning record and even a playoff berth. you can spin that all you want, but to compare VY's first two years against Carr's is a laughable proposition at best. VY has won, Carr just lost...and as for talent level, before VY 3-13....after VY they manage a nice winning record and playoff berth. hate on it all you want, but VY has HELPED make a difference in a positive way. He has also done so with the 2nd lowest payroll in the NFL while DC had the benefit of a Top 10-12 payroll most if not all his career. There is no comparison. Carr was garbage, Young is a legit prospect.

As for me bringing up Carr, I only do that to demonstrate the hypocrisy displayed by some of you. You waited on hands and knees praying to your Carr bobble heads for 5 years whilst making every damn excuse in the book for the loser, but when someone points out the low level of skill position talent on the Titans (which is unquestionable) and the fact that VY hasn't even started 2 full seasons, you claim that is making excuses and that VY sucks.

I love the Texans and there has never been another player that has retarded the development of the Texans more than David Carr.....so excuse me if I don't think fondly of the jerk or the people that blindly supported him and made excuses for him....yet now those same people are holding VY by a different standard altogether. VY has done more in 2 years than DC did in 6 years.

I stick by my opinions and don't homer. Many of yall hate me because I was right about Carr and slammed the guy's game while yall were still wearing David Carr underoos and drinking the battle red koolaid...I will never be one of the sheeple. Don't hate on me because I don't let my teams colors blind me from reality....I just want want to win and I dont care about haircuts, completion percentages or a players religion. Can the guy play and can he stay out of trouble? That is it. I dont care about 'good guys' or little whining GQ QBs or any of that garbage. I only want my team to improve and want people to be realistic, honest, and consistent when forming opinions about players...especially players that have done more for sports in Texas than just about anyone in the last few decades. hate on him all you want, I have never said he would be a great NFL QB but to say he sucks is just so off base its ridiculous. be consistent.

oh well, there goes about 30 minutes of productivity down the drain. thank god its a slow day and things are running well on the network.

Second Honeymoon
01-31-2008, 04:26 PM

Eriadoc, is right becuase it is impossible for you or anyone else to criticize anyone as much as you have carr. Hell you still have not gotten over it yet.

You bring him up more than a bulimic brings up their lunch. http://i120.photobucket.com/albums/o195/Specnatz/puke.gif

and I am sure that it upsets you because you were dead wrong about the guy....reality bites sometimes

Texan_Bill
01-31-2008, 04:40 PM
I thought he was a bad pick from Day One but reserved judgement until I saw more of the guy. I had seen enough by year 2 to know that he was a total scrub....and that opinion and feeling was proven valid ever since then.

as for VY, he hasn't even played 2 years yet but during his early stages has managed to compile a winning record and even a playoff berth. you can spin that all you want, but to compare VY's first two years against Carr's is a laughable proposition at best. VY has won, Carr just lost...and as for talent level, before VY 3-13....after VY they manage a nice winning record and playoff berth. hate on it all you want, but VY has HELPED make a difference in a positive way. He has also done so with the 2nd lowest payroll in the NFL while DC had the benefit of a Top 10-12 payroll most if not all his career. There is no comparison. Carr was garbage, Young is a legit prospect.

SH,

You might be more careful or do some research before comparing Young and Carr... Over their first two years, respectively, their numbers look eerily similar AND vincent has started more games in his first two seasons than Carr did... (Remember Carr missed 5 starts in 2003).

So, one can summize that Young has done less with more -or- Carr did more with less....

Double Barrel
01-31-2008, 04:56 PM
I had seen enough by year 2 to know that he was a total scrub....and that opinion and feeling was proven valid ever since then.

Some folks feel the same way about VY. I suppose the 'moral of the story' is everyone is entitled to an opinion.

And with regards to DC - which should be laid to rest - a lot of folks made a choice to think positive because 1) there is nothing we could do to change it, and 2) he was our QB. Sometimes folks try to make chicken salad of chicken crap. It's called being optimistic. I'm not too good at it, but I give it a shot from time to time. ;)

Lucky
01-31-2008, 05:01 PM
Eriadoc, is right becuase it is impossible for you or anyone else to criticize anyone as much as you have carr.
Give 2nd Honeymoon a break. He's transitioning from a DC obsession to a Richard Smith obsession. And that takes time.

Specnatz
01-31-2008, 05:12 PM
and I am sure that it upsets you because you were dead wrong about the guy....reality bites sometimes

Yes I was dead wrong and yes that upsets me because it means the team I love failed and was set back. Unlike you, who would rather be right and have the team fail than be proven wrong and the team succeed.

Blazing Arrow
01-31-2008, 05:36 PM
Carr was a victim of his O-line .... :stirpot:

Specnatz
01-31-2008, 05:37 PM
Carr was a victom of his O-line .... :stirpot:

Keep trying to change the subject, but VY is the victem of himself.

Texan_Bill
01-31-2008, 05:38 PM
Carr was a victom of his O-line .... :stirpot:

NICE!!!!

Blazing Arrow
01-31-2008, 05:47 PM

Did I miss where all of this argument had gone? I still am waiting to see why Young will lose anything. It is not like in the off season players are at the stadium 24/7 so why can he not between studying work on his football career. I am sure UT is banning Mr. Rose Bowl from there training facilities right? :sarcasm:

I bet the new OC is cemented to the Titans main facility too.

Second Honeymoon
01-31-2008, 05:51 PM
Yes I was dead wrong and yes that upsets me because it means the team I love failed and was set back. Unlike you, who would rather be right and have the team fail than be proven wrong and the team succeed.

you honestly believe that? i hoped for the best even though I thought the worst. I have been a season ticket holder from Day One and still am to this day because I love my team through thick or thin. I am not rich and those tickets arent free. I love my Texans just like I loved my Oilers. 100% and with all my heart. However, I am not afraid to criticize aspects of the team when they fall woefully short (carr, 2-14, passing on Derrick Johnson twice in one draft for TJ, richard smith, mcnair resigning carr, casserley blowing draft pick after draft pick)

I hoped and prayed I was wrong about Carr. It just so happens I was right, but it wasn't exactly rocket science. All I had to do was watch the games with an open mind and it was plainly obvious to anyone not high on the kool aid (kt and vinny amongst others were koolaid-free and they saw the same thing I did so I am not naive enough to think I was alone in thinking Carr sucked the big one)

Tell you what Spec. If you make the trip to Houston, you got yourself a free field level end zone seat with your name on it and we can cheer our team together as fellow fans and put all this garbage behind us. Scout's honor (except the Bears game because those are already spoken for) We both cheer for the same team, just differently. There is a lot to be happy about with our team. I just get a little defensive when it comes to the rush of judgement on Vince because i feel its just a little early especially based on some of the team's success they have had together so far in his career. He needs to grow up a bit as a person and as a QB to truly have a shot at being great, but its so early lets not throw dirt on the guy just yet. He has a winning record as a starter and that is in a division that we all know is very very very competitive. Give it a break.

swtbound07
01-31-2008, 05:52 PM
Carr was a victim of his O-line .... :stirpot:

if you highlight the smiley, you see that it was named after me.

HOU-TEX
01-31-2008, 05:59 PM
if you highlight the smiley, you see that it was named after me.

Would you like a ribbon or a chest to pin it on? :cool: JK

Texan_Bill
01-31-2008, 06:01 PM
you honestly believe that? i hoped for the best even though I thought the worst. I was a season ticket holder the whole time and still am to this day because I love my team through thick or thin. However, I am not afraid to criticize aspects of the team when they fall woefully short (carr, 2-14, passing on Derrick Johnson twice in one draft for TJ, richard smith, mcnair resigning carr, casserley blowing draft pick after draft pick) I hoped and prayed I was wrong about Carr. It just so happens I was right, but it wasn't exactly rocket science. All I had to do was watch the games with an open mind and it was plainly obvious to anyone not drinking the kool aid (kt and vinny amongst others were koolaid-free and they saw the same thing I did so I am not naive enough to think I was alone in thinking Carr sucked the big one)

But you are willing to give the doubt to a guy that had 4 games with a sub 50.0 passer rating??? And whos numbers look no better than HWSRN???? By your own logic, you should be cussing VY for the bust that he is and cussing Bud Adams for being a POS owner.. Oh wait - nevermind there... But the point is the same as I had mentioned earlier...

For eveything you saw in HWSRN, vincent's numbers are mirroring his...

:hmmm:

Blazing Arrow
01-31-2008, 06:02 PM
Hwrsn?

Double Barrel
01-31-2008, 06:03 PM

Except, The Greatness is a winner....even when the team loses.

Blazing Arrow
01-31-2008, 06:10 PM

Now you are getting it!

Blazing Arrow
01-31-2008, 06:13 PM

Vince is not even close in sack numbers. Big stat you are missing there.

Texan_Bill
01-31-2008, 06:14 PM

Dangit... One of these days I'll get it right... :gun:

Arrow.

HWSRN = He who shall remain nameless...

Texan_Bill
01-31-2008, 06:28 PM
Vince is not even close in sack numbers. Big stat you are missing there.

For an athletic quarterback known for running and established O-line - 50 sacks in less than two years aint stellar...

Ever heard of Jimmy Herndon?!? That was the Texans right tackle in the innaugural season when Carr was sacked 76 times.

Second Honeymoon
01-31-2008, 06:31 PM
TB, you know the only numbers that matter are wins and losses. They are also only 2 years removed from a 3-13 season pre-VY and they are 31st in payroll, so its not like he is in the best situation either. Wins and Losses? Those are numbers that we don't even want to compare between HWSRN and YKW.

I'll take Wins over QB Rating or Completion% anyday...and he has won. Maybe not enough to make everyone happy, but if I was a fan of the Titans and had suffered through a 3-13 year only to return to the playoffs two years later, I wouldn't be complaining about VY. I would be complaining about Bud being cheap and not spending money on players. When he went to that sinkhole he said he would 'spare no expense bringing a Super Bowl trophy to Tennessee'...ok Bud, whatever you say.

FWIW - PAGE 50!! of this thread

Blazing Arrow
01-31-2008, 06:36 PM
but if I was a fan of the Titans and had suffered through a 3-13 year only to return to the playoffs two years later, I wouldn't be complaining about VY.

Who you calling a 3 win team ... only one team in this division only amasses 3 wins and they are not in Tennessee!

Texan_Bill
01-31-2008, 06:49 PM
TB, you know the only numbers that matter are wins and losses. They are also only 2 years removed from a 3-13 season pre-VY and they are 31st in payroll, so its not like he is in the best situation either. Wins and Losses? Those are numbers that we don't even want to compare between HWSRN and YKW.

I'll take Wins over QB Rating or Completion% anyday...and he has won. Maybe not enough to make everyone happy, but if I was a fan of the Titans and had suffered through a 3-13 year only to return to the playoffs two years later, I wouldn't be complaining about VY. I would be complaining about Bud being cheap and not spending money on players. When he went to that sinkhole he said he would 'spare no expense bringing a Super Bowl trophy to Tennessee'...ok Bud, whatever you say.

FWIW - PAGE 50!! of this thread

You're still stuck on 'him' winning... He is no more responsible for winning than the freakin waterboy (other than a couple of games here or there - that he made good plays on)... he consistently puts his team in bad position.. 9 TD's and 17 INT's suck at any level.. My HS coach would be in our QB's Kitchen all day long with those numbers - winning or not... Somewhere behind that Burnt Orange facade - you know it too...

I'm glad you laid off the Kool-Aid with Carr, because you would be extremely bloated with all that you have been drinking now.

I found your flavor:

http://www.x-entertainment.com/kool-aid/reviews/orange/1.jpg

http://www.got2haveit.com/pics/orangekoolaid.jpg

Texan_Bill
01-31-2008, 06:51 PM
Who you calling a 3 win team ... only one team in this division only amasses 3 wins and they are not in Tennessee!

He missed by 1 game.. 4-12........... better??!

Thanks for playing... Ba BYE now!!!

Blazing Arrow
01-31-2008, 06:54 PM
He missed by 1 game.. 4-12........... better??!

Thanks for playing... Ba BYE now!!!

You should try some of the kool-aide ... it would help with the bitterness ... :)

Texan_Bill
01-31-2008, 06:56 PM
You should try some of the kool-aide ... it would help with the bitterness ... :)

Bitter??!!? Ya got the wrong man. In fact, I'm laughing as I'm typing.. And usually do... :tease:

Carr Bombed
01-31-2008, 11:59 PM
I love the Texans and there has never been another player that has retarded the development of the Texans more than David Carr.....so excuse me if I don't think fondly of the jerk or the people that blindly supported him and made excuses for him....yet now those same people are holding VY by a different standard altogether. VY has done more in 2 years than DC did in 6 years.

You see this is where your logic makes zero sense whatsoever.....

Did you ever think that those that wanted David Carr to succeed or in your words "blindly supported him and made excuses for him" maybe learned from that debacle?

Have you ever heard the expression......fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me?.........well guess what pal, I'm not giving somebody the chance to fool me twice and what happened with Carr made alot of people here wiser for it. So there isn't a double standard like your trying to imply.

You've already said that you knew pretty much from the get go Carr was crappy.........well, maybe this time around WE know and can see from early on that Vince has major faults and is going to be crappy.......and now your the one making excuses for him.

I'm not bashing Vince for going back to school, I just think he needs to take care of his business on the field first. Many players go back to school, but they do it after they've learned their craft. I really hope he does go back to shool, because he should finish.........but he should also master his craft and this really doesn't have anything to do with his school, seeing how there have been reports he wasn't really giving his all in mastering his craft during the season and before all this "back to school" stuff even came up.

Again, I really don't understand where the heck your trying to create this "double standard" from........did you just expect everybody that made up excuses for a guy to stay ignorant?, because by you wanting us to make up excuses for Vince Young, your basically telling us to just stay ignorant, keep our heads in the sand, and never wake the hell up.

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expect a different outcome...........I'm not a insane person....well atleast I don't think I am.

It's getting pretty obvious that you "bleed orange" so by you trying to bash people that "blindly supported Carr"........your doing the same with Young and are making yourself look like a major hypocrite.

I can atleast say one thing though.......atleast I "blindly supported" someone who played for this team....

But having said that, I'll never keep giving a high draft pick of this team the benefit of the doubt year after year again..........this year in only Mario's second season, I was hard on him and said he had to prove to me he was a player and he did..........now take a gander at what year Vince is in then ask yourself.......where's the double standard?

ATRAIN
02-01-2008, 10:50 AM
So I have made it known that im a huge VY hater. Last night I was at the Yellow Rose in Austin, and GUESS who walks in!!

Double Barrel
02-01-2008, 10:56 AM
Albert Haynesworth....now there is a winner!

Looks like we have our own Austin Mafia to replace the Fresno Mafia that defended every little critical statement of their boy.

Texan_Bill
02-01-2008, 11:03 AM
So I have made it known that im a huge VY hater. Last night I was at the Yellow Rose in Austin, and GUESS who walks in!!

Yellow Rose - huh?? My kinda place!! :heart:

Specnatz
02-01-2008, 11:10 AM

Did you go all three stooges on his Ass?

ATRAIN
02-01-2008, 11:11 AM
Yellow Rose - huh?? My kinda place!! :heart:

Yes I fell in love several times and spent too much money. Good times! I wanted to go up to VY and say, whats up David Carr?

ATRAIN
02-01-2008, 11:11 AM
Did you go all three stooges on his Ass?

LOL Man I wanted too but his entourage was pretty intimidating.

Blazing Arrow
02-01-2008, 12:13 PM
Albert Haynesworth....now there is a winner!

Looks like we have our own Austin Mafia to replace the Fresno Mafia that defended every little critical statement of their boy.

That was out of left field. He did almost win D Player of the year.

Texan_Bill
02-01-2008, 12:18 PM
That was out of left field. He did almost win D Player of the year.

Sun shines on a dog's a$$ somedays......

Seriously. It was a contract year for him. He will be his normal cancer self next season.

Blazing Arrow
02-01-2008, 12:29 PM
Sun shines on a dog's a$$ somedays......

Seriously. It was a contract year for him. He will be his normal cancer self next season.

He is probably getting a tag this season so he will play his wallet out.

Texan_Bill
03-28-2008, 05:38 PM
Revived - just for Arrow's cameo appearance on TexansTalk.

The floor is your's Arrow. Tell us how great and deserving VY was of that Pro-Bowl appearance again. While you're at it, tell us how he has personally saved the Titans organization..

Of course we expect that for you to make your case there will need to be plenty of comparing 'Him' to David Carr....

The Dream
03-29-2008, 10:34 AM
I leave for a couple months, I come back, and people still hate Vince, lol........I swear u guys are funny.............

The Dream
03-29-2008, 10:38 AM
the word "hater" is becoming the downfall of our society as we know it. what an IDIOTIC thing to say.

normally I'd agree with this, because people who use the term usually throw it out when they have nothing else to say...........but in this case it's a little different....there is literally a numerous amount of 437 page threads downing a guy who most people on here didn't even want.........it really makes people look like jealous texans fans.....

aj.
03-29-2008, 10:51 AM
I leave for a couple months, I come back, and people still hate Vince, lol........I swear u guys are funny.............

Point at others for their predictability and there's three other fingers pointing back at ya.