PDA

View Full Version : Vince Young and the Disappearing Sausage Trick

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

ChildressTitanMan
11-12-2007, 05:43 PM
On the upside, 'his highness' QB rating went from 36.5 last week up to 64.8 this week, which is slightly better than his season Rating of 62.2

Yeah Bill ya know but ya know all he does is ya know win games.:gun:

The 2nd half against the Jags we played no huddle & he was much more comfortable. The Titans are trying to teach him to play QB from the pocket & it's fugly.

I'm not at all surprised Texans fans are laughing their butts off. Longterm if he masters it we'll be in a good position. If he can't do it & they go back to using him out of the shotgun & the spread offense he'll always be known as a running QB but we'll still be in a decent position.

Texan_Bill
11-12-2007, 05:55 PM
Yeah Bill ya know but ya know all he does is ya know win games.:gun:

The 2nd half against the Jags we played no huddle & he was much more comfortable. The Titans are trying to teach him to play QB from the pocket & it's fugly.

I'm not at all surprised Texans fans are laughing their butts off. Longterm if he masters it we'll be in a good position. If he can't do it & they go back to using him out of the shotgun & the spread offense he'll always be known as a running QB but we'll still be in a decent position.

LMAO, ya know...

I dont know that he looked anymore comfortable than the Jags just got caught off balance. Once they adjusted it was the same ol story. I was reading a thread on GoTitans.com where people were hinting to a possible tiff between Chow and Young.. From what I remember, Fisher and Chow, both wanted Leinart (SC - of course) and that it was entirely Bud's decision to go with VY. Anyway, he still has a chance to develop into a pocket passer - because it didn't come overnight for McNair either. The difference is, McNair could throw the ball decent prior to learning to be a pocket passer. VY is a terrible passer, and I dont know that its something that can be corrected or not.

I hope he does stay in the spread offense. It doesn't take too long for teams to figure offenses out in this league.. See the run-and-shoot.. The spread offense is, for all itents and purposes, a cousin to the run-and-shoot.

m5kwatts
11-12-2007, 06:39 PM
VY sucks gimme David Carr over that clown

Blazing Arrow
11-12-2007, 06:42 PM
You've got to be kidding me. Are you completely clueless about NFL history and the success of past Miami teams? They know about winning, much more than either of our teams or cities.

You should take a break, buddy. Your trolling efforts are getting weaker and weaker. Take a walk in the sunshine and clear your head or something. I expect better from you.

Know what really amuse me is a Dolphin fan coming on the Texans board and talking sh*t about the Titans. Now that is grasping at something ... not really sure what it is.

Also you do not find it completely asinine that this thread has gone on for 13 pages. I just felt I might as well keep it going ... I mean do Texans fans really have so much man love for Young? A Qb who has been dogged for 13 pages? He is either terrible and it should be let to die ... or alot of the fans do not actually believe the tripe they are selling in this thread.

No other QB in the NFL gets as much attention as the effort put into this thread on ANY board. Not Manning, not Brady ... so what is the deal really?

Personally I would keep him on a short leash in our next game ... if he starts to suck again ... maybe it is time to sit him for a bit and just let him get his composer back.

kastofsna
11-12-2007, 06:48 PM
your deflection move isn't really working so well, focus on the target.

hollywood_texan
11-12-2007, 06:53 PM
Know what really amuse me is a Dolphin fan coming on the Texans board and talking sh*t about the Titans. Now that is grasping at something ... not really sure what it is.

You are one to talk.

Your sig is of a QB that doesn't even play for your team and is about to retire.

Blazing Arrow
11-12-2007, 07:03 PM
You are one to talk.

Your sig is of a QB that doesn't even play for your team and is about to retire.

I have had several sigs deleted for not meeting the requirments of the board. This was the one that stuck .... plus I am still a McNair fan just not the team he is on.

How does that relate? It is not like he never played on the team. I guess Childress should be ashamed to have his name as well right?

Blazing Arrow
11-12-2007, 07:04 PM
your deflection move isn't really working so well, focus on the target.

How is replying to someone who quoted me a "deflection"?

Why do you post here?

Texan_Bill
11-12-2007, 07:10 PM
Awesome!!!!

Hey Kastofsna and Arrow!! Stop the rappin' and start the scrappin'!!!

Specnatz
11-12-2007, 07:21 PM
How is replying to someone who quoted me a "deflection"?

Why do you post here?

Same reason you do, titans boards are crap and so are the dolphins and you need a better place to discuss football with those that actually have an intellict versus the tinheads whom we can tell they have no intellict.

How is this we can tell? Simple, they are titan fans aren't they?

:pirate:

Blazing Arrow
11-12-2007, 07:30 PM
Same reason you do, titans boards are crap and so are the dolphins and you need a better place to discuss football with those that actually have an intellict versus the tinheads whom we can tell they have no intellict.

I can tell

http://texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=38766&highlight=finish

:cowboy1:

adam
11-12-2007, 07:45 PM
VY sucks gimme David Carr over that clown

It's actually hard to tell much of a difference between Carr and Young. Neither can throw TD passes, both turn the ball over constantly, both take to long to throw the ball, neither one throws the deep ball accurately. Vince Young is a better runner, but I would say that Carr throws the football better (which is pretty sad if you're a Titan fan). Ultimately, they both suck. Carr is a bust, and Young is well on his way.

ChildressTitanMan
11-12-2007, 08:02 PM

Spell checking smack is generally weak & irritating but sometimes it can be priceless.

LMAO,you question our intellect yet you can't even spell it.

Specnatz
11-12-2007, 08:06 PM
Spell checking smack is generally weak & irritating but sometimes it can be priceless.

LMAO,you question our intellect yet you can't even spell it.

Nope I am an extremely horrible speller, especially when I do not proof read what I typed.

But with that said, you did not disagree with my comments or the premise of them.

Now that is priceless. :specnatz:

ChildressTitanMan
11-12-2007, 08:07 PM
Titans fans come here to keep up on what's happening with our divisional rival.

Dolphins fans feel camaraderie with fellow bottom feeders.:banme

ChildressTitanMan
11-12-2007, 08:09 PM
LOL. Nice comeback,I was dealing with it as a separate issue.:doot:

kastofsna
11-12-2007, 08:21 PM
i actually have an account over at the Titans forum as well. i guess with them i wanted to share my feelings of having a miserable QB.

Brando
11-12-2007, 08:28 PM
I think we need to get back to the topic of the thread. VY is the best QB in the NFL. :sarcasm:

:user:

That's the funniest thing I have ever heard.

Peyton Manning?
Tom Brady?
Tony Romo?
Brett Favre?
Ben Roethlisberger?
You can make an argument for any of these QB's. Right now VY is no where even close to being in that class.

He has played like David Carr this year.
Running out of bounds behind the line of scrimmage.
Takes off to run when he feels pressure.
Holds the ball way to long.

VY is not a QB. Good athlete, yes.

You can call me a hater,a bigot, or a Texans homer if you like. I don't care. I don't see VY being an elite passer. That's just the way I see it.

TexansSeminole
11-12-2007, 09:11 PM

Also you do not find it completely asinine that this thread has gone on for 13 pages. I just felt I might as well keep it going ... I mean do Texans fans really have so much man love for Young? A Qb who has been dogged for 13 pages? He is either terrible and it should be let to die ... or alot of the fans do not actually believe the tripe they are selling in this thread.

No other QB in the NFL gets as much attention as the effort put into this thread on ANY board. Not Manning, not Brady ... so what is the deal really?

Personally I would keep him on a short leash in our next game ... if he starts to suck again ... maybe it is time to sit him for a bit and just let him get his composer back.

That's because people from Houston have been knowing about this guy since he was early in high school. Did you forget he is from Houston? In other words, we have been kind of waiting to talk about this.

Your just starting to figure him out. Probably the main reason you can't see that he is regressing, not progressing.

mexican_texan
11-12-2007, 09:17 PM
That's because people from Houston have been knowing about this guy since he was early in high school. Did you forget he is from Houston? In other words, we have been kind of waiting to talk about this.

Your just starting to figure him out. Probably the main reason you can't see that he is regressing, not progressing.
His high school game against Bobby Reid was epic. It might be better than the USC game.

RTP2110
11-12-2007, 09:22 PM
i actually have an account over at the Titans forum as well. i guess with them i wanted to share my feelings of having a miserable QB.

hilarious....must spread rep....

TexansSeminole
11-12-2007, 09:22 PM

It will be the same with Sam McGuffie as well. We will wait to talk about his NFL performance and when he has shown enough to talk about in the NFL (if he gets there obviously). We will have another 20 page thread.

Blazing Arrow
11-13-2007, 12:47 AM

Or maybe you are so jaded in your view of him that you waist 14 pages talking about a guy that is not on your team.

If he has been there so long why mums the word now. That argument makes as much sense as a Dolphin fan on a non division board.

Blazing Arrow
11-13-2007, 12:48 AM
It will be the same with Sam McGuffie as well. We will wait to talk about his NFL performance and when he has shown enough to talk about in the NFL (if he gets there obviously). We will have another 20 page thread.

Maybe you should start a thread where only you speak ... that sounds like a winner??!! :thumbdown

Well at least you know you would finally win an argument! :doot:

Blazing Arrow
11-13-2007, 12:51 AM

Only fin fan I saw on goTitans was a racist SOB that asked us why we would bother with another "darky" QB ... moments before he was banned.

Please do not tell me you are that dense?

YellerLotYeller
11-13-2007, 12:57 AM
Only fin fan I saw on goTitans was a racist SOB that asked us why we would bother with another "darky" QB ... moments before he was banned.

Please do not tell me you are that dense?

:backsout:

Texan_Bill
11-13-2007, 09:30 AM

I dont find it completely asinine at all considering the following:
a) He's a local guy
b) He became the savior of a perenial powerhouse (God it pained me to say that), that brought a National Championship back to an illustrious program with about 50,000 students enrolled each year.
c) Many who pimped him in college wanted him to be drafted by the Texans (what a Cindarella story for the hometown guy to come home) - but was never really in the mix
d) The rivalry between schools like Texas & Texas A&M fuel the fire.(sorry Fresno State v. Cal Berkley ain't the same - so I guess you wouldnt get it)
e) That fat, cheap suit wearin', drunkard, with a bad rug that ripped our Oilers drafted him. Not because of the advice of Fisher and Chow who wanted to draft Leinart, but only to stick it to the city where that a-hole made his fortune.
f) Divisional rivalry with said loser in 'e)' above and his Tinnbreads from Tennessee.
g) Heck, some of us, our high schools were rivals to Madison.
h) Some of us were always correct about his passing abilities, or there lack of.
i) Is it man-love or dogging?? I mean in one sentence you talk about 13 pages and man-love, then in the very next sentence you mention 13 pages of 'dogging'... which is it???
j) We used to bash Gary Coleman errrrrrr, Byron Sandwich and he has NO local ties other than having played for a divisional rival... Dont think for a minute that we can't ride out a thread on 'he who walks on water' and his over-hyped NFL existence.

Quite the balls to tell Texans fans that they should 'let it die'.. That makes as much sense as me going to gotits.com and telling them to stop calling us 'Moos'.. Stupid - huh?? (by the way, the whole 'Moo' thing is pretty weak and doesn't really offend me in the slightest).

He is terrible and this is Texans message board. We can run this thread throughout his entire career if we so choose. We not only beleive what we are saying about him - many of us are gloating over it...

HoustonFrog
11-13-2007, 09:35 AM
This thing still going. How can anyone call VY a bust because of this year when they have zero talent on offense and the same people will bend over backwards for Mario. This VY argument has become quite obsessive. He still makes some plays so I'll reserve any talk for a bit.

Texan_Bill
11-13-2007, 09:42 AM
This thing still going. How can anyone call VY a bust because of this year when they have zero talent on offense and the same people will bend over backwards for Mario. This VY argument has become quite obsessive. He still makes some plays so I'll reserve any talk for a bit.

Talent around him doesn't throw the ball to the wrong shoulder on a slant route that results in bouncing off the receiver's back shoulder (where the reciever never had a chance) and into the hands of the d-back covering him... Sorry.

What play did he make Sunday??.. The first TD reception that he's thrown in 5 or 6 weeks had to be hauled in by one hellavu catch from the reciever.

Bust??! No, I am not ready to call him a bust after a season and a half. Steve McNair took a few years to figure out the passing game in the NFL. But to not think that he's regressed and looks completely lost is looking through rose colored glasses.

HoustonFrog
11-13-2007, 09:48 AM
Talent around him doesn't throw the ball to the wrong shoulder on a slant route that results in bouncing off the receiver's back shoulder (where the reciever never had a chance) and into the hands of the d-back covering him... Sorry.

What play did he make Sunday??.. The first TD reception that he's thrown in 5 or 6 weeks had to be hauled in by one hellavu catch from the reciever.

Bust??! No, I am not ready to call him a bust after a season and a half. Steve McNair took a few years to figure out the passing game in the NFL. But to not think that he's regressed and looks completely lost is looking through rose colored glasses.

TB, I never said the guy was doing well. He obviously is having a tough season and looks pretty crappy at times. He definitely looks lost at times. I'm not some VY or UT homer. I just think the guy is a really good player whom I respect. I think as times goes on he will figure it out a little more. I know it sucks all the time to hear...."we should have taken VY" but it isn't VYs fault and I think 14 pages of trying to make the guy out to be the anti-Christ is a little bit of sour grapes since we have our own problems with who we picked. Him sucking isn't going to cover the fact that we have our own sucking going on. That's my main problem. But they don't have jack on the team to help him so we will see. I'd like to see what he does this off-season. He has always stepped up when questioned so it will be interesting. Overall I'm not defending his play as much as wondering why people are just trying to feel better about our misery since that is all we have heard about...VY.

Brando
11-13-2007, 09:55 AM
I dont find it completely asinine at all considering the following:
a) He's a local guy
b) He became the savior of a perenial powerhouse (God it pained me to say that), that brought a National Championship back to an illustrious program with about 50,000 students enrolled each year.
c) Many who pimped him in college wanted him to be drafted by the Texans (what a Cindarella story for the hometown guy to come home) - but was never really in the mix
d) The rivalry between schools like Texas & Texas A&M fuel the fire.(sorry Fresno State v. Cal Berkley ain't the same - so I guess you wouldnt get it)
e) That fat, cheap suit wearin', drunkard, with a bad rug that ripped our Oilers drafted him. Not because of the advice of Fisher and Chow who wanted to draft Leinart, but only to stick it to the city where that a-hole made his fortune.
f) Divisional rivalry with said loser in 'e)' above and his Tinnbreads from Tennessee.
g) Heck, some of us, our high schools were rivals to Madison.
h) Some of us were always correct about his passing abilities, or there lack of.
i) Is it man-love or dogging?? I mean in one sentence you talk about 13 pages and man-love, then in the very next sentence you mention 13 pages of 'dogging'... which is it???
j) We used to bash Gary Coleman errrrrrr, Byron Sandwich and he has NO local ties other than having played for a divisional rival... Dont think for a minute that we can't ride out a thread on 'he who walks on water' and his over-hyped NFL existence.

Quite the balls to tell Texans fans that they should 'let it die'.. That makes as much sense as me going to gotits.com and telling them to stop calling us 'Moos'.. Stupid - huh?? (by the way, the whole 'Moo' thing is pretty weak and doesn't really offend me in the slightest).

He is terrible and this is Texans message board. We can run this thread throughout his entire career if we so choose. We not only beleive what we are saying about him - many of us are gloating over it...

That is classic.:whip:

You must spread rep.....

kastofsna
11-13-2007, 10:16 AM
Or maybe you are so jaded in your view of him that you waist 14 pages talking about a guy that is not on your team.

If he has been there so long why mums the word now. That argument makes as much sense as a Dolphin fan on a non division board.
see the thing is, i enjoy a different point of view. instead of posting on boards where everyone thinks the same and says the same crap over and over, i go to tons of different boards to enlighten myself on how fans of other teams think, and it helps me learn a little bit more about other teams. i have accounts at many opposing teams' boards and i check in on them from time to time to see what's going on in their world, perhaps even ask a question or two about their opinion on various subjects.

this board is probably the best one i've found thus far. the folks know what they speak of.

also Miami has played Houston the past 2 years now.

TexansSeminole
11-13-2007, 10:19 AM
How is this guy Blazing Arrow still posting? Almost every post of his on page 14 is a personal attack . I've had a post of mine deleted for telling a guy he was a least favorite poster of mine. Explain this to me.

kastofsna
11-13-2007, 10:36 AM
because it's funny to see himself dig a hole so big.

TexansSeminole
11-13-2007, 10:38 AM
I really don't care to be honest. We can argue it out like some 10 year olds or we can box it out like some professional fighters. I'd just liek to see some consistancy on the board.

infantrycak
11-13-2007, 10:51 AM
How is this guy Blazing Arrow still posting? Almost every post of his on page 14 is a personal attack . I've had a post of mine deleted for telling a guy he was a least favorite poster of mine. Explain this to me.

Feel free to point out any personal attacks--you can report the individual posts. I don't have the time or inclination right now to read through this whole thread to find them. Generally BA keeps his toes behind the line and attacks the post rather than the poster.

TexansSeminole
11-13-2007, 10:59 AM
Feel free to point out any personal attacks--you can report the individual posts. I don't have the time or inclination right now to read through this whole thread to find them. Generally BA keeps his toes behind the line and attacks the post rather than the poster.

Doesn't mean that much to me. Kas is right, it is kind of funny.

Carr Bombed
11-13-2007, 11:32 AM

Wow, you sound like your crying....now quick run along and start a thread on the Jags MB how Vince is the governor of Texas........the guy sucks :laughjump:

The guy is Mike Vick without the agility or top end speed.....

http://youtube.com/watch?v=BDahCWm0oVg

quick somebody go make a Meryl hodge vs Vince Young "round 2" video, because that guy (for once) knew what the hell he was talking about.

ChildressTitanMan
11-13-2007, 11:37 AM

I think you must have just got frustrated with Arrow.

I've just re-read page 14 & none of his posts are personal attacks in terms onf name calling or abuse. None of mine or Arrows debates here stem from hate.

We're mischievous & like to stir the pot but we play by the rules & only do it for fun. We both have good rep which we wouldn't have if we were complete azzholes.

TexansSeminole
11-13-2007, 11:40 AM
I think you must have just got frustrated with Arrow.

I've just re-read page 14 & none of his posts are personal attacks in terms onf name calling or abuse. None of mine or Arrows debates here stem from hate.

We're mischievous & like to stir the pot but we play by the rules & only do it for fun. We both have good rep which we wouldn't have if we were complete azzholes.

Post 274 and 275 are both personal attacks in my mind. If me saying "Hey buddy, just wanted to let you know your probably one of my least favorite posters" is a personal attack, then both of those posts are easily personal attacks.

Blazing Arrow
11-13-2007, 11:58 AM

If I thought it actualy offended you I would not continue. It is not my point to offend someone more to rib them.

Blazing Arrow
11-13-2007, 12:02 PM

Please point out where I attacked one poster on a personal level. If I see it I will edit or delete it. Not my style.

Texan_Bill
11-13-2007, 12:02 PM
If I thought it actualy offended you I would not continue. It is not my point to offend someone more to rib them.

Geeeez... I type a fourteen paragraph post (okay writer's embellishment - a couple) and all you respond to is the "moo" remark?? WTH is this world coming to??

:sarcasm:

Double Barrel
11-13-2007, 12:03 PM

So if Texans = "moo", I suppose Titans = "duh"? :winky:

Blazing Arrow
11-13-2007, 12:06 PM
So if Texans = "moo", I suppose Titans = "duh"? :winky:

Na we are the flaming tacks remember? I did not make the Texans logo a bovine. :texflag:

Blazing Arrow
11-13-2007, 12:07 PM
Geeeez... I type a fourteen paragraph post (okay writer's embellishment - a couple) and all you respond to is the "moo" remark?? WTH is this world coming to??

:sarcasm:

That was the issue ... it was to many words for us Tinnheads to read.

My point still stands. Manning went to Tenn. and still does not get this attention.

Specnatz
11-13-2007, 12:12 PM

My point still stands. Manning went to Tenn. and still does not get this attention.

Manning can actually play QB, and does not forget which house is his and which is not.

Blazing Arrow
11-13-2007, 12:18 PM
Manning can actually play QB, and does not forget which house is his and which is not.

I think it was the standing O on the walk of TD that threw him for a loop. He is dumb remember? :rolleyes:

Texan_Bill
11-13-2007, 12:35 PM

Other than the Tennessee Vols, what other large schools are their deserving of the attention one would get with schools like:
Texas (VY)
Texas A&M
Texas Tech
Texas Christian

In short, the Great State of Texas > Tennessee

By the way, I am sure that if message boards were as prevalent back when Manning was in school, I am sure that 'Ol Miss fans would have written a lot more than 14 or 15 pages about him..

Overalls
11-13-2007, 12:57 PM
Some of us never wanted VY. I was a trade down and get an O-lineman guy myself. I don't think VY is a bust. I think he will be a lower grade Steve McNair. I liked Steve McNair and was at the ONLY draft party that Dud threw for us the year Steve was drafted. Now sure some of us pick on the IQ Kid, but, for me, part of it is because some of the people that are saying "give Vince more time" are the same ones who called Mario a "bust" last season. It's a payback thing. We didn't start this VY/Mario is a bust thing. The Mario is a bust group did by shoving the praises of "his holiness" down our throats last season. Sure we should give Vince more time, but that doesn't mean he isn't stinking it up right now.

The Dream
11-13-2007, 02:51 PM
VY > Mario.................VY has done more for the Titans than Mario has done for this football team...................fact.

Blazing Arrow
Wow, you sound like your crying....now quick run along and start a thread on the Jags MB how Vince is the governor of Texas........the guy sucks :laughjump:

The guy is Mike Vick without the agility or top end speed.....

http://youtube.com/watch?v=BDahCWm0oVg

quick somebody go make a Meryl hodge vs Vince Young "round 2" video, because that guy (for once) knew what the hell he was talking about.

I actually think Young is trying not to be labled "Vick II" which is part of the problem. He skills revolve around moving around keeping active and keeping the D in spy mode. Worked well against the Jags in the first game but now he seems to hesitate on glaringly obvious holes and tries to force passes. Even in this last game he was on L-Dubs back and kind of fell on his own. I could careless if her runs 9 out of 10 times he drops back as long as he keeps the ball moving and we are scoring.

What I do not like is him dropping back and forcing balls that should never have been thrown in the first place.

TexansSeminole
VY > Mario.................VY has done more for the Titans than Mario has done for this football team...................fact.

VY is a QB. Mario is a DE. I think that covers it.

The Dream
11-13-2007, 02:52 PM
VY is a QB. Mario is a DE. I think that covers it.

VY is better also..............that covers it.

TexansSeminole
11-13-2007, 02:56 PM

How so? An intelligent answer to this question is impossible btw.

Specnatz
11-13-2007, 03:19 PM

Dream is right for once. VY is better at throwing picks, blowing up at officials and costing his team 15 yard penalties. Better at fighting with teammates during training camp. he is also better at fumbling the ball.

All of those things VY is better at than Mario will ever be.

PS. Oh and violating team rules, have to add that one.

TD
11-13-2007, 04:17 PM
You forgot VY has also caused more fumbles and is responsible for more defensive touchdowns.

Texan_Bill
11-13-2007, 04:25 PM

Absolutely... He walks on water. He defends the pass well. He kicks 60 yard field goals. He returns kicks and interceptions.. He 'willed' the ball into the receiver's hands on that circus catch this past Sunday.... :rolleyes:

Oh wait... He has the same amount of touchdowns passes that Mario has sacks. LMFAO... Yeah... Thats sooooo much better. Your man-love has reached an all-time high (or low, depending on perspective).

santo
11-13-2007, 04:29 PM
You forgot VY has also caused more fumbles and is responsible for more defensive touchdowns.

He should have been our DE...:pirate:

YellerLotYeller
11-13-2007, 04:33 PM

28 QBs in the NFL > VY

Blazing Arrow
11-13-2007, 04:37 PM
Dream is right for once. VY is better at throwing picks, blowing up at officials and costing his team 15 yard penalties. Better at fighting with teammates during training camp. he is also better at fumbling the ball.

All of those things VY is better at than Mario will ever be.

PS. Oh and violating team rules, have to add that one.

Never seen Young blow up at a zebra.

Oh you also forgot he wins ball games .....

Or have you forgotten ..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xacq9vu3oDI

Errant Hothy
11-13-2007, 04:37 PM

Thinks are not just facts because you say so.

I really think you would be happier in life as a Titans fan.

Double Barrel
11-13-2007, 04:43 PM

Did Manning win a national championship for Tenn.? And he didn't grow up in Tenn., but was from La.

HoustonFrog
11-13-2007, 05:18 PM
My point still stands...despite the love for many in the thread I think the obsession with bringing VY down to make ourselves feel better about our also below average pick is bordering on obsessive.

Put the lotion in the basket

http://i1.tinypic.com/6tdgwb6.jpg

Errant Hothy
11-13-2007, 05:19 PM

But i don't want the hose again? :whip:

Texan_Bill
11-13-2007, 05:40 PM
My point still stands...despite the love for many in the thread I think the obsession with bringing VY down to make ourselves feel better about our also below average pick is bordering on obsessive.

You know, I always respect your opinion, but I think you are missing the point here Frog... This isn't about bringing Vince down, he's done that to himself by his performance. This is about rubbing the nose of the arrogant VY man-crushers in 'it', and bringing them back to earth. Vince may be something some day. But right now, he nor, RB, nor Mario are worth a top 10 pick let alone top 3 pick. I choose Mario, because thats the player that is the Houston Texan.

I would have never, ever chosen VY #1, from watching him school... Remember people flaunting (VY's senior year) - having the highest completion percentage rate in the Nation??? Geez, I can remember a certain QB in Houston, that owned that same exact stat for a little while in the NFL and what did it mean?? NADA!! I had criticized VY's throwing then, and said that if he ever wanted to make it in the NFL, he's going to have to learn how to be a passer. At Texas, he was surrounded by terrific athletes, who at times helped him look good (again, see Limas Sweed on some of those fade routes).

I will grant you that he is an amazingly gifted athlete, AND a terrific college QB, but that doesn't always translate to Sundays. Prime example was Major Applewhite; great college QB that didnt translate to Sundays although he is obviously on the college coaching fastrack.

The difference here Frog, is that I have never waivered on my assessment of VY as a QB. Not saying it won't happen for him some day, just saying he has a long, long way to go to be an NFL QB.

ChildressTitanMan
11-13-2007, 05:43 PM
Post 274 and 275 are both personal attacks in my mind. If me saying "Hey buddy, just wanted to let you know your probably one of my least favorite posters" is a personal attack, then both of those posts are easily personal attacks.

Sounds like you got shafted on that post.

kastofsna
11-13-2007, 05:49 PM
manning didn't win a championship because he's not a winner. that much is obvious. he's no vince young.

Texan_Bill
11-13-2007, 05:52 PM

PS... Why is Tom Petty's 'American Girl' stuck in my head now?!?!?

ChildressTitanMan
11-13-2007, 05:53 PM
You know, I always respect your opinion, but I think you are missing the point here Frog... This isn't about bringing Vince down, he's done that to himself by his performance. This is about rubbing the nose of the arrogant VY man-crushers in 'it', and bringing them back to earth. Vince may be something some day. But right now, he nor, RB, nor Mario are worth a top 10 pick let alone top 3 pick. I choose Mario, because thats the player that is the Houston Texan.

I would have never, ever chosen VY #1, from watching him school... Remember people flaunting (VY's senior year) - having the highest completion percentage rate in the Nation??? Geez, I can remember a certain QB in Houston, that owned that same exact stat for a little while in the NFL and what did it mean?? NADA!! I had criticized VY's throwing then, and said that if he ever wanted to make it in the NFL, he's going to have to learn how to be a passer. At Texas, he was surrounded by terrific athletes, who at times helped him look good (again, see Limas Sweed on some of those fade routes).

I will grant you that he is an amazingly gifted athlete, AND a terrific college QB, but that doesn't always translate to Sundays. Prime example was Major Applewhite; great college QB that didnt translate to Sundays although he is obviously on the college coaching fastrack.

The difference here Frog, is that I have never waivered on my assessment of VY as a QB. Not saying it won't happen for him some day, just saying he has a long, long way to go to be an NFL QB.

It's an interesting thread Bill.

The subject is sarcastic but at the same time it's instigated genuine football debate. It's both a smack thread & a serious one. Like Young it's got legs. The comparisons to Mario are also relevant.

The leg bones connected to the...foot bone,
The foot bones connected to the...toe bone.

Hey at least Mario got more money than Vince.That's a good thing right?
lol:

HoustonFrog
11-13-2007, 05:56 PM

TB, thanks for the assessment. I'm not trying to push a button and act like there aren't good arguments, as you have made, against VY. I also have said I understand that there is an overwhelming VY love that borders on insane that people have a backlash too. You are one of the posters I respect alot and I know that you have your reasons. I just see it sometimes though and the guy can't throw an int without brouhaha(wanted to use that :) ) over how bad he sucks. I guess since I didn't go to UT or wasn't a big rival I just always enjoyed the guy playing. He definitely isn't having a good year. I just think that some people who aren't really analyzing it don't get that him sucking doesn't make our choice any better if they suck over time too. At least I got to bring Buffalo Bill into the equation.

RTP2110
11-13-2007, 06:03 PM
Hilarious VY quote from the Colts' MB

Vince Young could have Moss, Wayne and Chad Johnson and still throw for 42 yds.

http://forum.colts.com/showthread.php?t=24252

Texan_Bill
11-13-2007, 06:07 PM
TB, thanks for the assessment. I'm not trying to push a button and act like there aren't good arguments, as you have made, against VY. I also have said I understand that there is an overwhelming VY love that borders on insane that people have a backlash too. You are one of the posters I respect alot and I know that you have your reasons. I just see it sometimes though and the guy can't throw an int without brouhaha(wanted to use that :) ) over how bad he sucks. I guess since I didn't go to UT or wasn't a big rival I just always enjoyed the guy playing. He definitely isn't having a good year. I just think that some people who aren't really analyzing it don't get that him sucking doesn't make our choice any better if they suck over time too. At least I got to bring Buffalo Bill into the equation.

I think for the most part, we are on the same page with the caveat being that I'm way more boisterous about my opinions (which is probably born out of rivalries that exists - even here in my office)..

adam
11-13-2007, 06:15 PM

In what way? How is having more fumbles than TDs helping his team? How is having 6 more INTs than TDs helping his team? How is averaging 5.8 yards per pass helping his team? How many TD passes has Vince Young thrown for the opposing team? Probably close to the amount that he has thrown for his own. The Titans win in spite of Young, not because of him. What has Mario done that is as damaging to the Texans as what Young has done to the Titans?

YellerLotYeller
11-13-2007, 06:24 PM
VY's football career is very similar to..........Ron Dayne's but without a Heisman.

adam
11-13-2007, 10:23 PM
VY's football career is very similar to..........Ron Dayne's but without a Heisman.

I would say that he is closer to David Carr. Except for the fact that Carr wasn't as much of an ass.

J-Russ
11-14-2007, 06:24 PM
Never seen Young blow up at a zebra.

Oh you also forgot he wins ball games .....

Or have you forgotten ..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xacq9vu3oDI

Amazing how much a person can regress in a year. Almost Carr-like

The Dream
11-14-2007, 06:28 PM
In what way? How is having more fumbles than TDs helping his team? How is having 6 more INTs than TDs helping his team? How is averaging 5.8 yards per pass helping his team? How many TD passes has Vince Young thrown for the opposing team? Probably close to the amount that he has thrown for his own. The Titans win in spite of Young, not because of him. What has Mario done that is as damaging to the Texans as what Young has done to the Titans?

It's funny how most people forget about what VY did for his team last season and also the fact that "magically" his team got better as soon as he entered the starting lineup................

RTP2110
11-14-2007, 06:41 PM
It's funny how most people forget about what VY did for his team last season and also the fact that "magically" his team got better as soon as he entered the starting lineup................

It's not surprising for the team to improve when the QB he came in for was only on the team for 3 weeks. Right now the Titans are a better team with Collins at QB, IMO.

Texan_Bill
11-14-2007, 06:42 PM

Dangit... I had almost forgotten what a great defensive back VY was and that he had the third or fourth longest field goal in NFL history...

The Dream
11-14-2007, 06:53 PM
Dangit... I had almost forgotten what a great defensive back VY was and that he had the third or fourth longest field goal in NFL history...

oh silly texans fans............................

Texan_Bill
11-14-2007, 06:58 PM
oh silly texans fans............................

You're right.. Tennessee's defense wasn't very good last year but with the subtraction of Pac-Man, they are suddenly one of the better defenses in the league...

I can think of one game (and yes it was against the Texans) where someone can truthfully say VY won the game.. Just think, if he has about 10 or 15 more of those type plays, he could elevate himself into the same QB status as Mike Vick...

Ignorance is bliss, and you sir are very, very blissfull.

Texan_Bill
11-14-2007, 07:12 PM
you can PM me if you want to talk about the subject......I would love to do so since you're such an "expert" and everything..................

I am about my heritage and that aint open for debate... Period!!

ATX
11-14-2007, 07:14 PM

Yeah.......no coincidence either that they started winning when their running game started working. But I guess all the attention VY got helped that too.

Overalls
11-14-2007, 07:33 PM
Not to get the thread back on subject or anything but us Texans fans aren't the only ones compairing Vince to Carr and other mediocre to bad QBs. Even Titan fans are.

http://www.gotitans.com/goForum/showthread.php?t=32705

:fans:

Bulluck53
11-14-2007, 07:45 PM
VY sucks right now, I agree. But I will hold judgement and see how he turns out the rest of this year and next.

What's more entertaining to me is that one of the most popular threads on a Texans message board is about Vince Young. Obsess much?

kastofsna
11-14-2007, 07:47 PM
perhaps if half the posts weren't wondering why the thread is so long, it wouldn't be so long.

infantrycak
11-14-2007, 08:07 PM
What's more entertaining to me is that one of the most popular threads on a Texans message board is about Vince Young. Obsess much?

Don't get too smug about that. We have merged plenty of threads into this one to keep the place from being cluttered.

Brando
11-14-2007, 08:48 PM
VY has struggled with little talent around him on offense but to say he is a worse QB than DC is just moronic imho.

I don't know who is saying he is worse than Carr. He is doing Carr like things this year.

1.)Running out of bounds behind the line of scrimmage.
2.)Takes off to run when he feels pressure.
3.)Holds the ball way to long.
4.)Throws INT's in the Red Zone.

It's also funny to see people who bashed David Carr use the same excuses for VY.

Bulluck53
11-14-2007, 10:04 PM
perhaps if half the posts weren't wondering why the thread is so long, it wouldn't be so long.

:lol: touche

I'm just playin...

TexansSeminole
11-14-2007, 10:42 PM
What's funny is that nobody who defends VY has a legitimate argument.

I've heard "The running game is so effective because of all the attention VY gets". Lol @ that. Same goes for Reggie I suppose, huh?

I've heard "Ya, well the Dolphins suck."

I've heard "Your record is worse than ours."

I've heard "He magically made the team better when he entred the lineup" even though the guy isn't doing anything for the team at this point.

Keep coming back to this thread VY and Titan fans, it's funny to hear your excuses.

Texan_Bill
11-15-2007, 08:55 AM
Well, its Thursday November 15th and Vince Young is still one of the 5 worst QB's in the NFL today...

:stirpot:

Errant Hothy
11-15-2007, 03:39 PM
:locked: :locked: :locked: :locked: :locked:

This thread has run it's course me thinks.

Brando
11-15-2007, 03:39 PM
This thread sucks......:gun:

lol It was hijacked!

BeerTastesLikeVictory
11-15-2007, 03:43 PM
lol It was hijacked!

Soooooo, Vince Young is not doing that great this year.

infantrycak
11-15-2007, 04:15 PM
The Confederate flag debate now has its own thread in the No Spin Zone.

Texan_Bill
11-15-2007, 05:07 PM
Soooooo, Vince Young is not doing that great this year.

That seems to be the scuttle-butt!!

Blazing Arrow
11-15-2007, 05:35 PM
Vince Young is good ... Vince Young is great ... surrender your will as of this date! :whip:

Texan_Bill
11-15-2007, 05:36 PM
Vince Young is good ... Vince Young is great ... surrender your will as of this date! :whip:

Never, my man!!!! In fact, if he ever became a Texan, I might have to become a Titans fan.... :hides:

Brando
11-15-2007, 05:42 PM

Your last name must be Del Monte, that was corny.:)
http://graphics.samsclub.com/images/products/0002400004375_LG.jpg

drewmar74
11-15-2007, 05:51 PM
Your last name must be Del Monte, that was corny.:)
http://graphics.samsclub.com/images/products/0002400004375_LG.jpg

It would have been better if it was a haiku...

Vince has saved the 'tacks.
Alone, he saved Bud's franchise.
Oh, and brought world peace.

Hunger and disease,
can't stymie Vince Young's powers.
All hail mighty Vince!

Blazing Arrow
11-16-2007, 12:55 AM
How about:

Na na na na na na Leader ... Leader (to the original Batman sitcom theme song)

kastofsna
11-16-2007, 01:00 AM
and he's about as legitimate of a leader as the one in the simpsons episode.

Blazing Arrow
11-16-2007, 02:05 AM
and he's about as legitimate of a leader as the one in the simpsons episode.

I am glad someone got the reference ....

Tedc
11-16-2007, 07:55 AM
It would have been better if it was a haiku...

Oh, and brought world peace.

Hunger and disease,
All hail mighty Vince!

I would make some minor adjustments and would say you came up with the perfect haiku.....Rep!

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y224/Tedc/whirledpeas.jpg

Oh, and brought whirled peas.

Hunger and disease,
All hail mighty Vince!

GP
11-16-2007, 09:41 AM
Vince is learning that you get hurt in the NFL when you run a lot.

That's a team whose record does NOT properly represent the level of the team's true talent.

Honoring Earl 34
11-16-2007, 10:13 AM
I may be wrong but I think teams learned not to blitz VY .

I think it's better to rush 4 and mix up your coverages , while using a spy on him .

TexansSeminole
11-16-2007, 11:40 AM
I may be wrong but I think teams learned not to blitz VY .

I think it's better to rush 4 and mix up your coverages , while using a spy on him .

You are wrong. Jacksonville blitzed all but 3 defenders several times last week. They broke it down on Gameday. Vince had favorable matchups throughout the game...he just couldn't make the throw. Sterling Sharpe was having a hard time keeping himself from laughing at where Vince's decided to throw the ball on several throws.

There was one play where Jax dropped 3 back in coverage and blitzed 8 and Vince had a easy throw to the right side of the endzone (the guy was running a post route, however it was obvious that he could easily beat the defender if he were to run more toward the sideline), however he threw it to the left side. lol.

Honoring Earl 34
11-16-2007, 04:03 PM
http://www.sportingnews.com/yourturn/viewtopic.php?t=305742

ATX
12-09-2007, 04:39 PM
Sorry, just had to bring this back since Young had a great game again.....

13/21 for 121 yards, 0 TD, 2 INTs

2 rushes for 2 yards

Titans lose!!!

GP
12-09-2007, 04:51 PM
You are wrong. Jacksonville blitzed all but 3 defenders several times last week. They broke it down on Gameday. Vince had favorable matchups throughout the game...he just couldn't make the throw. Sterling Sharpe was having a hard time keeping himself from laughing at where Vince's decided to throw the ball on several throws.

There was one play where Jax dropped 3 back in coverage and blitzed 8 and Vince had a easy throw to the right side of the endzone (the guy was running a post route, however it was obvious that he could easily beat the defender if he were to run more toward the sideline), however he threw it to the left side. lol.

I think VY spent all of his energy and emotion on the UT-USC championship game, as well as the first game he played at Reliant (as a Titans player).

VY has struck me as a player who rode his pony as hard and fast as he could...and now he's stuck walking the rest of the way.

Meanwhile...Mario Williams is stringing together fairly consistent performances, racking up almost 10 sacks in his 2nd year, and seems to be growing as a player (in fundamentals).

TexansSeminole
12-09-2007, 05:15 PM
7 touchdowns and 16 interceptions on the season.

He looks out of it at times. He doesn't seem to be playing the role of leader as much as I had seen him to last year, or even earlier in this year. Maybe the team isn't responding to him the same as before, or maybe he is just too confused with the rest of the playing quarterback.

adam
12-09-2007, 05:17 PM
Sorry, just had to bring this back since Young had a great game again.....

13/21 for 121 yards, 0 TD, 2 INTs

2 rushes for 2 yards

Titans lose!!!

The man is obviously God.

In the mean time:

Sage Rosenfels went 27/36 for 209 yards and 3 TDs.

TexansSeminole
12-09-2007, 05:20 PM
VY has thrown more than one TD in only 2 games this year. Against New Orleans, and against us. I think that says a little something about our pass defense as a whole.

He has also only played one game in which he threw a touchdown but did not throw an interception and that was against the Colts. He had 1 TD in that game.

GP
12-09-2007, 05:23 PM
The man is obviously God.

In the mean time:

Sage Rosenfels went 27/36 for 209 yards and 3 TDs.

But be sure to listen to the rest of the posters around here:

"Sage is just a backup....Schaub is our guy!"

LOL. Well, Sage sure as heck looked like a "starting QB" today, didn't he?

Honoring Earl 34
12-09-2007, 05:33 PM

I thought Sage did everything right except those fumbles . He needs to reset his inner clock .

Oh yeah ... Vince's legend is his worst enemy .

HoustonFrog
12-09-2007, 05:34 PM

Well didn't Schaub have games like this this year and people complained..."I like him but he better watch out for those fumbles and bad throws." Sage had throw a ton of picks too. I think it is the love the backup syndrome with some people.

austintexanite
12-09-2007, 05:42 PM
I think it is the love the backup syndrome with some people.

%100

Wolf
12-09-2007, 07:21 PM
http://forums.titansonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=32245

wow, just wow

TexansSeminole
12-09-2007, 07:27 PM

wow, just wow

Fisher receiving alot of heat for the Titans conservative play calling with VY at QB. This sound familiar guys?

mexican_texan
12-09-2007, 07:27 PM
My goodness. It's David Carr all over again.

Errant Hothy
12-09-2007, 07:31 PM

I had the exact same thought...how scary must that be for the Titan's fans?

Silver Oak
12-09-2007, 07:32 PM
4 td's and 19 int's. truly AWFUL.

it was nice watching L.T. run that last one in on the titan Defense. :doot:

mexican_texan
12-09-2007, 07:35 PM
I had the exact same thought...how scary must that be for the Titan's fans?
The fanbase is slowly splitting in two.

BigBull17
12-09-2007, 07:53 PM
They are killing him over there. They also hate Chow and Fisher. But, its great to hear VY nuked the way he is.

Second Honeymoon
12-09-2007, 07:58 PM
They are killing him over there. They also hate Chow and Fisher. But, its great to hear VY nuked the way he is.

They hate Fisher!!! wow, people from Tennessee are more ignorant than i thought....that dude is A+ head coach

Mr teX
12-09-2007, 10:17 PM

It's great to see isn't it?

ATX
12-09-2007, 10:24 PM
:user: They're talking about how they should have drafted Cutler and one poster made a good point about Fisher and Chow wanting Cutler, but Bud wanted VY. Bingo :specnatz:

kastofsna
12-10-2007, 12:41 AM
i have to say that i'm stunned that Young sucks so far. i expected so much better from a WINNER like him. because that's all that matters for college QB's is their ability to win at big schools with blue chip talent all around them.

brakos82
12-10-2007, 12:56 AM
I give him one more year. If he can't perform up to expectations, he's a bust. :whip:

austintexanite
12-10-2007, 02:17 AM

wow, just wow

All those posts reminded me of this board for the past two years. The line or the qb? I'm a big Texas fan, but I never wanted him as our QB. We should have taken Brees as a free agent. Anyway, I like the post where the Tacks fans are getting tired of all the Texas fans that became Titan fans, pretty funny stuff.

ATX
12-10-2007, 02:36 AM
All those posts reminded me of this board for the past two years. The line or the qb? I'm a big Texas fan, but I never wanted him as our QB. We should have taken Brees as a free agent. Anyway, I like the post where the Tacks fans are getting tired of all the Texas fans that became Titan fans, pretty funny stuff.

Yeah, they want to take Limas Sweed (WR - UT) as their first round pick. Guessing it's those UT fans, but who knows.

austintexanite
12-10-2007, 03:07 AM
Yeah, they want to take Limas Sweed (WR - UT) as their first round pick. Guessing it's those UT fans, but who knows.

LOL, I'm pretty sure you are right about that.

chicagotexan2
12-10-2007, 12:37 PM
All he does is win!!! (when his team can overcome his many screw-ups). I love it.

toronto
12-10-2007, 02:35 PM
i have to say that i'm stunned that Young sucks so far. i expected so much better from a WINNER like him. because that's all that matters for college QB's is their ability to win at big schools with blue chip talent all around them.

I honestly believe that his regression this season is Fisher's fault. The club went to 6-2 by playing "Fisherball" and relying on a terrific start from the defense. Problem was that as soon as they needed the offense, Fisherball was all they had, and Fisher has absolutely no clue how to let an offensive co-ordinator actually let his QB loose. For years he corralled Mcnair, and now he's doing it this year with VY. Check out how many carries the Titans have from their RBs then compare it with Eddie's peak seasons. Fisher hasn't adapted at all.

Sigh,
Signed 30 years of this BS Titan/Oiler fan.
:gun:

Mr teX
12-10-2007, 03:48 PM
I honestly believe that his regression this season is Fisher's fault. The club went to 6-2 by playing "Fisherball" and relying on a terrific start from the defense. Problem was that as soon as they needed the offense, Fisherball was all they had, and Fisher has absolutely no clue how to let an offensive co-ordinator actually let his QB loose. For years he corralled Mcnair, and now he's doing it this year with VY. Check out how many carries the Titans have from their RBs then compare it with Eddie's peak seasons. Fisher hasn't adapted at all.

Sigh,
Signed 30 years of this BS Titan/Oiler fan.
:gun:

Yeah, but Fisherball isn't responsible for those 16 picks. I saw the game highlights from yesterday's game, those balls should've never been thrown & he's had lots of those throughtout the year. His WR's aren't helping him true, but his decision-making is still terrible. You expect that from a 2nd year QB, but he's showing little if any progression from last year in this regard & isn't a players' biggest jump in progression supposed to be from yr. 1 to 2?

fisher isn't an *****, there's a reason he's been there for so long & it's b/c he knows where his bread is buttered for now.

I keep reading from Titans fans that they want to see more bootlegs to utilize VY's athleticism. The problem with that is, teams are now waiting on it (Mario got one of his 2.5 sacks in the last titans game off of a VY bootleg ) & the run game hasn't exactly been anything to fear with them. In addition to this, VY isn't exactly bullseye when throwing on the run. You also don't want your QB running to much or he will end up getting hurt in some capacity or another. If he can't run a regular 1 read offense in the NFL (which is what Fisher trying to do now), what makes you think that he can handle a spread offense at this level where you have to be sure of what you're looking at before you throw?

Bottom line, he's just going to have to beat good teams **consistently** with his arm, otherwise teams will continue to play him this way & fisher will continue to hold him back, which by the way i don't blame him for doing either.

PapaL
12-10-2007, 03:52 PM
Just read this in Peter King's MMQB; link (http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/writers/peter_king/12/09/week14/2.html):

12. Tennessee (7-6). Isn't it funny how, looking back at the 2006 draft, we all laughed at Houston for even suggesting Mario Williams was better than Vince Young? Who's laughing now?

Bulluck53
12-10-2007, 06:09 PM
I'm still laughing, I'd rather have VY then our second option....

I'll say it again, Vince is still learning. His struggles come down to a lot of things:

a-c. He's simply not that good right now
d. Chow is doing a bad job of suing VY's abilities.
e. VY has no confidence in anyone else on the offense except his line.

Everyone said coming out that he would be a 2-3 year project, last year did nothing to change that, IMO. I will judge his play after next year.

brakos82
12-10-2007, 06:13 PM
I will judge his play after next year.

Even Carr was halfway decent season in his third year. :shades:

ATX
12-10-2007, 06:15 PM
I'm still laughing, I'd rather have VY then our second option....

I'll say it again, Vince is still learning. His struggles come down to a lot of things:

a-c. He's simply not that good right now
d. Chow is doing a bad job of suing VY's abilities.
e. VY has no confidence in anyone else on the offense except his line.

Everyone said coming out that he would be a 2-3 year project, last year did nothing to change that, IMO. I will judge his play after next year.

Yeah 2-3 years if he sat the first year, but he has already played more than people thought he would play.

Bulluck53
12-10-2007, 06:20 PM
Doesn't change anything. Don't get me wrong I'm not defending his play, I think I've made it clear I'm not happy with it. But QBs take time, and he is no exception to that. He's not Peyton or Big Ben, he needs some time.

But if you have watched this team at all you know Fisher and Chow are trying to fit a round peg into a square hole. If they weren't planning on changing the offense to his advantage they shouldn't have picked him.

ATX
12-10-2007, 06:23 PM
Doesn't change anything. Don't get me wrong I'm not defending his play, I think I've made it clear I'm not happy with it. But QBs take time, and he is no exception to that. He's not Peyton or Big Ben, he needs some time.

But if you have watched this team at all you know Fisher and Chow are trying to fit a round peg into a square hole. If they weren't planning on changing the offense to his advantage they shouldn't have picked him.

They didn't want Vince, they wanted Cutler or Leinart....Bud wanted Vince. I think they're realizing that what worked for Vince in college won't work for him in the NFL and are trying to figure out what works.

Bulluck53
12-10-2007, 06:31 PM
I know and I agree, Bud should die. But my point was get rid of them if they won't put him in the position to do his best... and who writes the checks?

I don't agree with that. What worked for him in college was the spread offense from the gun. The past whatever weeks he has lead the NFL in yardage running that scheme. I realize the record was 1-3. Again, VY is not Peyton. He needs a supporting cast and a defense (I never said "he just wins"). He needs some playmakers (at least one, please).

But yesterday we go back to Fisherball and he goes back into the rut. They need to let him play his game or bring in somebody who will.

TEXANS84
12-10-2007, 06:40 PM
Madden curse, minus the injury.

ATX
12-10-2007, 06:42 PM
I know and I agree, Bud should die. But my point was get rid of them if they won't put him in the position to do his best... and who writes the checks?

I don't agree with that. What worked for him in college was the spread offense from the gun. The past whatever weeks he has lead the NFL in yardage running that scheme. I realize the record was 1-3. Again, VY is not Peyton. He needs a supporting cast and a defense (I never said "he just wins"). He needs some playmakers (at least one, please).

But yesterday we go back to Fisherball and he goes back into the rut. They need to let him play his game or bring in somebody who will.

His game won't work in the NFL IMO and he needs to be developed into a different type of QB or he won't last too long. What works in college doesn't work in the NFL, that's why the option is not very effective in the NFL. It's a different game and alot of great players in college don't cut it in the NFL. It was a stretch to take him as the 3rd pick IMO.

Second Honeymoon
12-10-2007, 06:43 PM
Even Carr was halfway decent season in his third year. :shades:

no he wasn't. he was horrible.

Bulluck53
12-10-2007, 06:46 PM
You're entitled to your opinion

Texan_Bill
12-10-2007, 06:47 PM
Bud should die.

[/END THREAD]

Silver Oak
12-10-2007, 07:05 PM
Bud should die.

rep.

PapaL
12-10-2007, 07:29 PM
Madden curse, minus the injury.

Wow - your right. And I thought the Madden curse was the worst possible thing. Little did I know playing like crap, being healthy and having the Madden curse was possible

brakos82
12-10-2007, 07:29 PM
Wow - your right. And I thought the Madden curse was the worst possible thing. Little did I know playing like crap, being healthy and having the Madden curse was possible

But wasn't he injured during our first matchup against them? :shades:

YellerLotYeller
12-10-2007, 07:43 PM
But wasn't he injured during our first matchup against them? :shades:

and yet they still start him over Collins......

76Texan
12-10-2007, 07:48 PM
Is Blazing Arrow on vacation or sumthing? :)

brakos82
12-10-2007, 07:50 PM

I dunno. Probably lighting his VY Fathead on fire.

Silver Oak
12-10-2007, 09:19 PM
I dunno. Probably lighting his VY Fathead on fire.

doubt that. he customized his vy fathead with two glory holes for private enjoyment.

Specnatz
12-10-2007, 09:21 PM
doubt that. he customized his vy fathead with two glory holes for private enjoyment.

Does he invite Richard Justice and Keye program director Gary Vinson over and charge them admission?

GP
12-10-2007, 11:01 PM
Well didn't Schaub have games like this this year and people complained..."I like him but he better watch out for those fumbles and bad throws." Sage had throw a ton of picks too. I think it is the love the backup syndrome with some people.

Nah.

It's more of a "Love the guy who plays better" syndrome.

Where's that scepter that it seems fans use to anoint and "knight" QBs as being "starting QBs," relegating anybody else to mere backup status forever?

In the NFL there seems to be two truths: 1.) Once a coach in the NFL, you're always "in" and can find work, no matter how bad you are ; and 2.) Once a starting QB in the NFL, you're always a starting QB no matter how bad you are.

(shakes head)

You guys, deep down in your heart, KNOW that Sage has outplayed Schaub. You just don't want to admit that we wasted two 2nd round picks on him. To say that Sage is doing better would be admitting that we made a bonehead move. And by seeing all the "VY was a bad pick," and "Reggie Bush was a bad pick," and the "Mario was the right pick" threads out here...it's obvious that you guys have put your fingers in your ears and do NOT want to admit that Schaub is/was not worth the price we paid. You want those two picks back, and you don't want to even think about it.

LOL. It's Kool Aid time in Texas.

Blazing Arrow
12-11-2007, 12:25 AM

I still believe ... I was just letting you guys get it all out before I started in :bat:

Carr Bombed
12-11-2007, 12:39 AM
I still believe ... I was just letting you guys get it all out before I started in :bat:

give me a break......please, still tell me how "Vince is the governor of Texas" again.......the guy sucks, plain and simple.

Next your going to upload videos like this to youtube....

http://youtube.com/watch?v=hE-tmbX4Mmc

Blazing Arrow
12-11-2007, 12:57 AM
Fact of the matter is .. we are still finishing at least at .500 something the Moooos still have yet to do. But I thought Shammy was the savior and Green was rejuvinated. This season ends Titans still sweep the cows ... you still finish last.. the pattern repeats itself.

Blazing Arrow
12-11-2007, 01:01 AM
give me a break......please, still tell me how "Vince is the governor of Texas" again.......the guy sucks, plain and simple.

Next your going to upload videos like this to youtube....

http://youtube.com/watch?v=hE-tmbX4Mmc

Sorry I could not hear you ... the cellar door was closed again. Better luck next ... decade? century? LA Dynamite ... has a nice ring to it.

Wolf
12-11-2007, 01:08 AM

I'll give you Jim Schwartz>Richard Smith :specnatz:

Blazing Arrow
12-11-2007, 01:13 AM
Chief red hat folds like a drunk poker player ... no AH the team is crap ... says allot about the DC not to be able to manage around one injury.

Carr Bombed
12-11-2007, 01:35 AM
Sorry I could not hear you ... the cellar door was closed again. Better luck next ... decade? century? LA Dynamite ... has a nice ring to it.

Thats funny, especially coming from a team lead by a QB thats NOT THE GOVERNOR OF TEXAS......I mean please tell us how he is the "man"......Sounds like a inside joke to me, hahahha please..........tell me agian.....how is this guy supposed to be the savior of Bud's "death bed wish" agian....

kastofsna
12-11-2007, 02:11 AM
oh boy, here comes Blazing Arrow, that guy who has no argument for anything yet still continues to argue in every thread and will resort to insults that have nothing to do with the current topic whatsoever. hooray

BattleRedToro
12-11-2007, 07:12 AM
Fact of the matter is .. we are still finishing at least at .500 something the Moooos still have yet to do. But I thought Shammy was the savior and Green was rejuvinated. This season ends Titans still sweep the cows ... you still finish last.. the pattern repeats itself.

I wouldn't count on the Titans finishing at or above .500 until they actually win 8 games. It is entirely possible that the Titans could finish at 7-9, while it is also possible that the Texans could finish 9-7 or even 8-8 and therefore the Titans would be in last place, despite beating the Texans twice.

So, if I were you I would wait to gloat about your team's final position within the division until your team has actually secured a better position than the Texans.

Texan_Bill
12-11-2007, 08:37 AM

Typical Flaming Sparrow response... The question was simple: "Vince is the governor of Texas"?? again.......the guy sucks, plain and simple. Answer for 'his highness' sucking so bad. This is his second year and he's regressing not progressing.

Better hope for a healthy Albert Haynesworth.... Except karma has a funny way of returning favors to turds like Fat Albert.

Texan_Bill
12-11-2007, 08:55 AM

WOW!!! WooooHoooooooo!!! .500??? Impressive?!!? *laughs*. You keep striving for that .500 - we'll keep aiming higher. .500 may be a bench mark for a young team to show their improvement over the last couple of years, but an established team like the Titans accepting .500 football is downright pitiable!!!

LMFAO!!!
Matt Schaub 11 games 11 starts 9TD's 9 INT's 2,241 yards; RTG 87.2
Sage Rosenfels 6 games 2 starts 11 TD's 7 INT's 1,123 yards; RTG 91.3
Vince Young 12 games 12 starts 7 TD's 16 INT's 2,032 yards; RTG 66.9

That is pathetic!!! Chris Redman thinks Vince Young sucks!!!

I will give you the Ahman Green thing. That didn't work out, but I suspect the Texans wont stop there. How about the Titans? Can they admit that, maybe, just maybe Young was a mistake?? Nope, can't do that - because it wasn't your HC or OC that wanted him to begin with. Your owner was more interested in taking a jab at the city of Houston, than he was trying to improve that offense with a real QB.

TD
12-11-2007, 09:33 AM
http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c318/RiversCPA/vy-adams.jpg

Texan_Bill
12-11-2007, 09:52 AM

Rep TD.... That's awesome!!!

76Texan
12-11-2007, 01:00 PM
WOW!!! WooooHoooooooo!!! .500??? Impressive?!!? *laughs*. You keep striving for that .500 - we'll keep aiming higher. .500 may be a bench mark for a young team to show their improvement over the last couple of years, but an established team like the Titans accepting .500 football is downright pitiable!!!

That is pathetic!!! Chris Redman thinks Vince Young sucks!!!

I will give you the Ahman Green thing. That didn't work out, but I suspect the Texans wont stop there. How about the Titans? Can they admit that, maybe, just maybe Young was a mistake?? Nope, can't do that - because it wasn't your HC or OC that wanted him to begin with. Your owner was more interested in taking a jab at the city of Houston, than he was trying to improve that offense with a real QB.I think Arrow has regressed along with Vince! http://texanstalk.com/forums/images/icons/icon10.gif

Texan_Bill
12-11-2007, 01:39 PM
I think Arrow has regressed along with Vince! http://texanstalk.com/forums/images/icons/icon10.gif

Excellent point!!!

ATX
12-11-2007, 02:19 PM
I'm no stat junky, but any great QBs play worse their second year than their first year? Even Davey Boy played better his second year than his first year.

YellerLotYeller
12-11-2007, 04:44 PM

The door hasn't shut yet. Thank you for noticing though......

AFC PLAYOFF SEEDING
Division leaders W-L Div. Conf. Remaining schedule
1. PATRIOTS y 13-0 4-0 10-0 NYJ (3-10), MIA (0-13), @NYG (9-4) = 12-27 (.308)
2. COLTS z 11-2 4-0 7-2 @OAK (4-9), HOU (6-7), TEN (7-6) = 17-22 (.436)
3. STEELERS 9-4 5-0 7-3 JAX (9-4), @STL (3-10), @BAL (4-9) = 16-23 (.410)
4. CHARGERS 8-5 3-1 7-3 DET (6-7), DEN (6-7), @OAK (4-9) = 16-23 (.410)
Wild-card teams W-L Div. Conf. Next Game
5. JAGUARS 9-4 2-3 6-3 @PIT (9-4), OAK (4-9), @HOU (6-7) = 19-20 (.487)
6. BROWNS 8-5 3-2 6-4 BUF (7-6), @CIN (5-8), SF (3-10) = 15-24 (.385)
In the hunt W-L Div. Conf. Remaining schedule
7. BILLS 7-6 4-2 6-5 @CLE (8-5), NYG (9-4), @PHI (5-8) = 22-17 (.564)
8. TITANS 7-6 3-2 4-5 @KC (4-9), NYJ (3-10), @IND (11-2) = 18-21 (.462)
9. BRONCOS 6-7 3-2 6-4 @HOU (6-7), @SD (8-5), MIN (7-6) = 21-18 (.538)
10. TEXANS 6-7 0-4 3-6 DEN (6-7), @IND (11-2), JAX (9-4) = 26-13 (.667)

santo
12-11-2007, 04:49 PM

So does this mean you'll be moving to LA, too?

C'mon. Don't tell me Bud is giving up in Tennessee.

:specnatz:

Texan_Bill
12-11-2007, 04:53 PM
So does this mean you'll be moving to LA, too?

C'mon. Don't tell me Bud is giving up in Tennessee.

:specnatz:

Arrow already lives in Cali. In his perfect world, the Raidahs would move to LA, so that Inbred Children of Uranus would move to Oakland. He would prefer San Franscisco, but....

TexansLucky13
12-11-2007, 04:54 PM

Best... Pic... Ever....

Double Barrel
12-11-2007, 06:03 PM

That picture is just creepy. Bud looks like a senior NAMBLA member with his new boytoy. *blech!*

Run, Vince, run!! (no, this is not the Titans gameplan, but rather one dude to another telling him to make his escape before Bud takes his socks off and gets more comfortable by the fireplace!)

brakos82
12-11-2007, 06:22 PM

I think there's a more... um.... graphic one somewhere...

Overalls
12-11-2007, 06:36 PM
According to NFL.com, the Buffalo Bills are 7-6 so far this season. Rookie QB Trent Edwards has started, according to NFL.com, 6 games so far this season. The Buffalo Bills are 5-1 in the games rookie QB Trent Edwards has started this season. Thus the Buffalo bills are 2-5 in games rookie QB Trent Edwards did not start. Now granted he is ONLY a rookie and his stats aren't great but he does have a higher QB rating (80.1) than SOME 2nd year QBs have. But as we all learned after listening to the VY guys last year stats don't mean nothin'. All that matters is wins. So since he has a better winning % as a rookie than Vince "Superman" Young did last season shouldn't we just cancel the next 10 years of seasons and change the playoff format so that the Bills And Titans can just get on with it and play each other for the Super Bowl till atleast 2017.

:fans:

The Dream
12-12-2007, 04:40 PM
don't doubt vince......

Bulluck53
12-12-2007, 09:02 PM
I'm no stat junky, but any great QBs play worse their second year than their first year? Even Davey Boy played better his second year than his first year.

VY minus Drew Bennett, Bobby Wade and Travis Henry is going to play a little worse.

ATX
12-12-2007, 09:09 PM
VY minus Drew Bennett, Bobby Wade and Travis Henry is going to play a little worse.

excuses, excuses, excuses.........

Bulluck53
12-12-2007, 09:29 PM
Ha thats pretty obvious. Lose 3/4 of the offensive production and you're offense will slide. That goes for any team. Don't let your blind hate for the guy and this franchise cloud your common sense.

Also, read my previous posts on the subject.

bah007
12-12-2007, 09:32 PM

His QB Rating is nearly identical to last year.

If I'm a Titans fan:

My biggest complaint is Young not running the ball as well. Everybody knew he was going to struggle throwing the ball. But his ability to run was supposed to balance that out and it isnt this year.

He is averaging 2 yards less PER CARRY this year, and has half as many TDs.

He is growing as a passer.......verrrry slowly. His completion percentage is way up (more than 10% higher), but his TD:INT ratio is terrible.

ATX
12-12-2007, 09:41 PM
Ha thats pretty obvious. Lose 3/4 of the offensive production and you're offense will slide. That goes for any team. Don't let your blind hate for the guy and this franchise cloud your common sense.

Also, read my previous posts on the subject.

I was a huge VY fan at UT, I live in Austin, and I was watching him play before the Titans even knew who he was. I don't hate the guy by any means, he's just overrated IMHO. Mack Brown used to take him out of the game early in his collegiate career and put Major Applewhite in whenever they needed to take ball down the field in the 4th qtr.

He was always around top notch talent at UT and I saw him for what he was. A great college player, but didn't think it would translate into NFL success. It isn't hate, it's more about proving the VY lovers wrong.

TheDrifter
12-12-2007, 10:05 PM
I was a huge VY fan at UT, I live in Austin, and I was watching him play before the Titans even knew who he was. I don't hate the guy by any means, he's just overrated IMHO. Mack Brown used to take him out of the game early in his collegiate career and put Major Applewhite in whenever they needed to take ball down the field in the 4th qtr.
He was always around top notch talent at UT and I saw him for what he was. A great college player, but didn't think it would translate into NFL success. It isn't hate, it's more about proving the VY lovers wrong.

Im by no means a UT super fan...but it couldnt have been Applewhite, their playing careers at UT dont line up time wise.

ATX
12-12-2007, 10:21 PM
Im by no means a UT super fan...but it couldnt have been Applewhite, their playing careers at UT dont line up time wise.

Brain lapse.......who am I thinking about here. Those were my college days...kinda hazy.

ATX
12-12-2007, 10:25 PM
Chance Mock is who it was.......my bad.

Silver Oak
12-12-2007, 10:32 PM

Collins seemed to use the WR's just fine when he played here. Guess he just got lucky huh?

Texan_Bill
12-13-2007, 08:33 AM

Beleive me... No one here, wants to hear about missing players!!!

Bulluck53
12-13-2007, 11:27 AM
Collins seemed to use the WR's just fine when he played here. Guess he just got lucky huh?

Have you guys read any of my posts? For the most part I agree with all of your takes on VY... i'm just more optimistic about it and not ready to label him a bust.

Bulluck53
12-13-2007, 11:27 AM
Beleive me... No one here, wants to hear about missing players!!!

Ha, just pointing out a fact.

ATX
12-13-2007, 11:30 AM
Have you guys read any of my posts? For the most part I agree with all of your takes on VY... i'm just more optimistic about it and not ready to label him a bust.

I don't think he will be a bust like Carr or Couch, but I doubt he lives up to the #3 pick he was chosen as. He'll be a manageable QB IMO, but never great.

Specnatz
12-13-2007, 11:34 AM

I remember at the beginning of the season all the teetun fan saying you did not need tose guys and that they sucked and the WT you had you will be fine.

Opppss got this one wrong.

Bulluck53
12-13-2007, 11:57 AM
I remember at the beginning of the season all the teetun fan saying you did not need tose guys and that they sucked and the WT you had you will be fine.

Opppss got this one wrong.

Thats why I don't post over there.

VY is a guy thats going to need talent around him, he won't be able to win by himself. At Texas he had Sweed, Young, Charles (i think), Blalock, etc. Last year he had a lot more talent and played a lot better. It's no coincidence he is struggling this year.

Mr teX
12-13-2007, 11:59 AM

VY is a guy thats going to need talent around him, he won't be able to win by himself. At Texas he had Sweed, Young, Charles (i think), Blalock, etc. Last year he had a lot more talent and played a lot better. It's no coincidence he is struggling this year.

Now if you could just get this to the VY homers........................

Texan_Bill
12-13-2007, 12:00 PM

VY is a guy thats going to need talent around him, he won't be able to win by himself.

BOOO! That's blasphemy!!! VY does it all on his own!!!

Bulluck53
12-13-2007, 12:00 PM
I don't even try, it a lost cause trying ot talk about VY at those boards. Either he is Ryan Leaf or Dan Marino.... there is no in-between

Bulluck53
12-13-2007, 12:01 PM
BOOO! That's blasphemy!!! VY does it all on his own!!!

... well I could be wrong :splits:

ATX
12-13-2007, 12:03 PM

Those Texas teams were loaded with talent.....remember that D that stuffed Lendale White on 4th and 1? That game was the best VY ever had and it raised his value to levels that were unthinkable before that night. The way I see it is that most QBs can do alot with great talent around them, but few QBs can do alot with lesser talent around them.

Bulluck53
12-13-2007, 12:15 PM
Those Texas teams were loaded with talent.....remember that D that stuffed Lendale White on 4th and 1? That game was the best VY ever had and it raised his value to levels that were unthinkable before that night. The way I see it is that most QBs can do alot with great talent around them, but few QBs can do alot with lesser talent around them.

This is how I look at it (forget the fact that our receivers can't catch). Teams stack the box because we have no consistent deep threat at reciever. I don't think it's solely because they don't respect Young as a passer because he has shown the last couple of weeks that he can get it done in the pocket. With a deep threat the running game opens up. With a running game Vince can work his magic. IMO, and its simple on paper, get a guy that can stretch the field... that will keep defenses honest and allow for both the backs and Young to move around and do their thing. Unfortunately, this franchise hasn't had much recent success with drafting/signing that receiver.

Texan_Bill
12-13-2007, 12:20 PM
This is how I look at it (forget the fact that our receivers can't catch). Teams stack the box because we have no consistent deep threat at reciever. I don't think it's solely because they don't respect Young as a passer because he has shown the last couple of weeks that he can get it done in the pocket. With a deep threat the running game opens up. With a running game Vince can work his magic. IMO, and its simple on paper, get a guy that can stretch the field... that will keep defenses honest and allow for both the backs and Young to move around and do their thing. Unfortunately, this franchise hasn't had much recent success with drafting/signing that receiver.

What ever happened to Eric Moulds!?!? :whip:

Mr teX
12-13-2007, 12:56 PM

You still have one problem though, VY's accuracy.

Bulluck53
12-13-2007, 01:01 PM
You still have one problem though, VY's accuracy.

He has definitely improved over last year in that department. Now it seems like he is even more indecisive then he was. I don't know if thats because he lacks confidence in his receivers or what. There have been many occasions, a lot of his interceptions as well, that there was 'miscommunication' between him and the receiver on the play call. Thats probably mutual but I think it has a lasting effect on his decisions.

Honoring Earl 34
12-13-2007, 01:07 PM
I think fans bought into and made Vince much more than he is , a 2nd year QB . Maybe Vince bought into himself a little much .

The holes in Vince's game are exposed ... we'll see if corrects them . I don't like a QB who starts off with bad mechanics ... been there done that .

Ask your friends about who's having a better year ... Mario or Vince ... most assume it's Vince . Hype kills ..... careers .

bah007
12-13-2007, 01:43 PM
What ever happened to Eric Moulds!?!? :whip:

I'd be surprised if Moulds could post a 4.6 in the 40 these days.

austintexanite
12-13-2007, 03:21 PM
You guys should check out forum.hornfans.com. Talk about man-love. You can't even critique the guy, if you do, some see it is as if you are turning your back on him.

BattleRedToro
12-14-2007, 07:18 AM
Bulluck53, I have a few questions.

1) How have the WR's the Titans drafted this year played?

I don't know if you live in Tennessee, but if you do, you will be able to answer this next questions better.

2) What was the reaction like, in Tennessee, to drafting Vince Young instead of Jay Cutler, and has the opinion of that decision changed?

3) Although he has played well, are there some regrets, in Tennessee, as well to drafting Michael Griffin instead of one of the WR's taken in the 1st Round?

Bulluck53
12-14-2007, 03:39 PM
Bulluck53, I have a few questions.

1) How have the WR's the Titans drafted this year played?

I don't know if you live in Tennessee, but if you do, you will be able to answer this next questions better.

2) What was the reaction like, in Tennessee, to drafting Vince Young instead of Jay Cutler, and has the opinion of that decision changed?

3) Although he has played well, are there some regrets, in Tennessee, as well to drafting Michael Griffin instead of one of the WR's taken in the 1st Round?

The receivers drafted this year have done next to nothing.... Chris Davis was the punt returner to start the year but he had some drops/fumbles and never really showed anything. I think he got hurt and then as been inactive since. Our 3rd round pick Paul Williams hasn't seen the field and has been active once if that. Joel Filani didn't make it out of camp.

The really was no reaction on passing on Jay Cutler for a few reasons. First, he wasn't worth the 3rd pick in the draft. Second, Vanderbilt fans are outnumbered even in Nashville, the love for Cutler wasn't even a blip on the radar compared to VY and Houston. Also, I think we all knew that Cutler and even Leinart would be better QBs then Young but its what he brings to the table that propelled him ahead of the other two (that and Bud's libido). I for one would not have been upset if we had traded down and taken Cutler, not just in hindsight, but I'm happy with Young and think he will turn out to be worth it.

The Griffin pick I was up and down on for about a week after the draft. After they made the selection I was pretty upset then realized that a rookie Griffin is much better then Lamont Thompson at Free Safety. Then when Fish came out and said they wanted him to play corner I thought it was ridiculous because Aaron Ross was taken with the next pick. Now that he is starting at safety I have no problems with it, the fact that he is playing well is just a bonus.....

... the real problem I think we all had with the draft was selecting Chris Henry in the second. Forget the suspension, why select a guy who barely played in college in the second round over an obvious need. We passed on Steve Smith from USC and I think Dwayne Jarrett as well, that could be wrong though. I still don't understand that one.

Wolf
12-21-2007, 11:27 PM
http://www.truveo.com/Framed-Vince-Young-and-Regina-King/id/3946692578

Regina King tries to make an actor out of Vince Young

Napa Auto Parts
12-25-2007, 04:09 PM
WoW VY leading his team to almost another playoff run wow he sucks who cares about going to the playoffs i rather have the new version of fragile fred as my QB.:fans:

Wolf
12-31-2007, 12:34 AM
http://forums.titansonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=32962

wow discussion on TOMBS

brakos82
12-31-2007, 12:55 AM
HA Vin4e Y ioug si the Csusred OEN .!

Napa Auto Parts
12-31-2007, 01:45 AM
I wouldn't be surprised if VY was the MVP this season:pirate:

Bud Adams
12-31-2007, 01:59 PM
When VINCE says we're going to playoffs, we're going to the playoffs!

Even if he isn't actually the one taking us there. He said it so it happened. It's like MAGIC

Wolf
01-06-2008, 11:03 PM
I went to the tomb today wow, deja vu it was like the Texan message board when Carr was QB

everyone split on how VY is more talent around him, better coaching, let vince be vince..

wow.. I personally thought at the time Bud should have let steve McNair tutor Vince for a year.

http://forums.titansonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=33292
http://forums.titansonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=33298
http://forums.titansonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=33250

austintexanite
01-06-2008, 11:26 PM
I went to the tomb today wow, deja view it was like the Texan message board when Carr was QB

everyone split on how VY is more talent around him, better coaching, let vince be vince..

wow.. I personally thought at the time Bud should have let steve McNair tutor Vince for a year.

gracias

The Pencil Neck
01-06-2008, 11:40 PM
I went to the tomb today wow, deja view it was like the Texan message board when Carr was QB

Wow. That is deja vu.

And look around here now... it's much betterer around here now. The big argument is whether we should draft a running back or not as opposed to massive flamewars about the QB. :texflag:

Napa Auto Parts
01-07-2008, 03:56 AM
I hope the front office for the titans continue to ignore the need for WR if they ever realize it we really are going to be the bottom dwellers for the AFC for a while.

ATRAIN
01-07-2008, 09:00 AM
You guys should check out forum.hornfans.com. Talk about man-love. You can't even critique the guy, if you do, some see it is as if you are turning your back on him.

hahahaha considering your name looks like your in Austin as well. Man I get it everyday when I talk about how bad Vince is. I said it before draft day that I didn't want Vince on the Texans. One thing I like to do is print out his season stats, cover up his name and ask someone what do you think about this QB stats. They say man thats horrible who is it. When I show the name they start saying well he doesnt have talent and VY finds a way to win hahaha. Vince Homers are funny.

ATRAIN
01-07-2008, 09:38 AM
Just curious, not trying to troll or anything but who here is a VY fan and who here is sick of him? Also if you are sick of him do you live in Houston, Austin, or somewhere else?

GlassHalfFull
01-07-2008, 09:52 AM
I actually feel somewhat sorry for him. Well, not really, but it sounded good.

He is catching the flack for being caught in the middle of a love/hate relationship. I did not want the Texans to draft him personally. And most of the "hate" I feels for him is a backlash against the fans who think he can do no wrong and have trashed Mario since the draft. It is interesting how the fans can end up "hating" a player for situations out of their control.

Basically, he got caught up in the "perfect storm" fan situation. Hometown hero, not drafted by hometown, but picked up by team who left the hometown under nasty circumstances. Add in some college rivalry, and hollywood couldn't have produced a better scenario for division among the fans.

I was happy when the Titans lost yesterday and am not proud of myself to admit that some of that satisfaction came from the fact that VY did not play well. But honestly, I do not wish him to fail - just the Titans. And I am ready for us to get over our obsession with him. I would be very happy never to see this thread again or threads about him unless we are playing the Titans that week.

Texan_Bill
01-07-2008, 09:57 AM

He is catching the flack for being caught in the middle of a love/hate relationship. I did not want the Texans to draft him personally. And most of the "hate" I feels for him is a backlash against the fans who think he can do no wrong and have trashed Mario since the draft. It is interesting how the fans can end up "hating" a player for situations out of their control.

Basically, he got caught up in the "perfect storm" fan situation. Hometown hero, not drafted by hometown, but picked up by team who left the hometown under nasty circumstances. Add in some college rivalry, and hollywood couldn't have produced a better scenario for division among the fans.

I was happy when the Titans lost yesterday and am not proud of myself to admit that some of that satisfaction came from the fact that VY did not play well. But honestly, I do not wish him to fail - just the Titans. And I am ready for us to get over our obsession with him. I would be very happy never to see this thread again or threads about him unless we are playing the Titans that week.

See my problem is the whole "hometown hero" BS.... Houston is my hometown and he is NOT my hero. Never was, never will be. So what?? The 'Sips won a national championship with VY playing QB. How many other Houston kids were on that team?? There have been many, many players to come out of this city and no one wears their jock straps as eye patches.

one word: hype

GlassHalfFull
01-07-2008, 10:03 AM
See my problem is the whole "hometown hero" BS.... Houston is my hometown and he is NOT my hero. Never was, never will be. So what?? The 'Sips won a national championship with VY playing QB. How many other Houston kids were on that team?? There have been many, many players to come out of this city and no one wears their jock straps as eye patches.

one word: hype

Which can get me started on my rant about the press and how ridiculous their power has gotten. And if I get really off track, I will say how it is not just sports, but the press is controlling every aspect of American life. But luckily for you I will forbear and not go there. :)

ATRAIN
01-07-2008, 10:05 AM

Yeah I agree for the most part. Yes UT is my college team and yes I wanted them to win the title. Did I want the Texans to draft VY.....no, did I want them to draft Reggie.....no. Did I know who Mario was.....no hahaha. My roomate to this day (HUGE VY HOMER) claims that I said I wanted VY.....come on I know what I said. I didn't hate him until recently. Yes im sure the whole Keye issue in Austin didn't help. To me completely honest I am just sick of him and this city being all over his jock. As far as the hometown hero, hahah I dont think he was a hero at all.

Texan_Bill
01-07-2008, 10:07 AM
Which can get me started on my rant about the press and how ridiculous their power has gotten. And if I get really off track, I will say how it is not just sports, but the press is controlling every aspect of American life. But luckily for you I will forbear and not go there. :)

Go there! Go there!! j/k.... You're spot on!!

BigBull17
01-07-2008, 12:32 PM

This is true. He and Reggie also get alot of hate for little things like the media blasting us for passing on the golden children. We heard it so much from without(and within) that some around here (like me) love to see the Titans lose because of him. Of course, their EA commercials didnt help any of it. By the way, you're welcome.:cowboy1:

Double Barrel
01-07-2008, 12:35 PM
It is interesting how the fans can end up "hating" a player for situations out of their control.

My dislike of the dude has nothing to do with the '06 draft.

My dislike stems from two things:

1. He ran around our stadium yelling "this is my house!" after an OT win. I see this as classless and a 'me first' attitude, and I wish for Mario to squash him like a bug every chance he gets because of this little show-off display.

2. He's a Tennessee Titan.

The Madden curse has been fulfilled. :cowboy1:

Texan_Bill
01-07-2008, 12:37 PM

1. He ran around our stadium yelling "this is my house!" after an OT win. I see this as classless and a 'me first' attitude, and I wish for Mario to squash him like a bug every chance he gets because of this little show-off display.

For me, ADD:

3. He's a 'sip (which can be forgivable - see Earl)

4. He was a Madison Marlin

5. Got too much of the credit at TU, when there was SOOOO much other talent around him.

ATRAIN
01-07-2008, 12:51 PM
5. Got too much of the credit at TU, when there was SOOOO much other talent around him.

It was the Ohio State game and the 2 Rose bowls. Ohio state pass to win the game was horrible, but Limas made a unbelievable catch. The Rose bowl victory wouldn't have happend without the Texas defense. That run VY made was the fault of USC. They were in a LB zone package not expecting a run but a pass. When they caught onto it, VY was already almost in the endzone.

Texan_Bill
01-07-2008, 12:59 PM
It was the Ohio State game and the 2 Rose bowls. Ohio state pass to win the game was horrible, but Limas made a unbelievable catch. The Rose bowl victory wouldn't have happend without the Texas defense. That run VY made was the fault of USC. They were in a LB zone package not expecting a run but a pass. When they caught onto it, VY was already almost in the endzone.

There's that name that I associate so much of Texas' success: Limas Sweed. Very often VY threw jump balls that Sweed out jumped or out worked the defender.

VY also had the benefit of TE David Thomas:
Finished his college career as the most prolific receiving tight end in University of Texas history and led the nation's tight ends in blocking consistency as a senior ... Set the school's all-time career records for receptions by a tight end (98), receiving yards by a tight end (1,367) and touchdown receptions by a tight end (15) ... Owns the Longhorns' single-season record for receptions by a tight end (50, 2005) ... Set the Texas single-game record for receptions by a tight end with 10 grabs in the 2006 Rose Bowl, helping the Longhorns claim the BCS championship ... Did not miss a game in his collegiate career, starting 38 of 51 games for the Longhorns ... Of his 98 career catches, 70 were good for first downs (71.4 percent) and 34 came on third-down plays (34.7 percent) .. Averaged 13.9 yards per catch during his career and averaged 21.6 yards on his 15 touchdown receptions ... Earned first-team Academic All-Big 12 honors in 2004 and 2005.

From the Patriots website: David Thomas (http://www.patriots.com/team/index.cfm?ac=playerbio&bio=32011)

aj.
01-07-2008, 01:02 PM
I wish there was a way for Bud to draft Sweed and Charles. I think that would send Middle TN folks off a cliff.

ATRAIN
01-07-2008, 01:07 PM
There's that name that I associate so much of Texas' success: Limas Sweed. Very often VY threw jump balls that Sweed out jumped or out worked the defender.

VY also had the benefit of TE David Thomas:

From the Patriots website: David Thomas (http://www.patriots.com/team/index.cfm?ac=playerbio&bio=32011)

You know that was it right there. VY threw to the TE most of the time when he wasn't running, why because its kind of hard not to complete a little 5 yard dump off to your TE. Limas had to jump up to get the ball because VY has horrible accuracy and the VY homers say this every year...........his accuracy is getting better hahaha. I still haven't seen it.

Wolf
01-07-2008, 01:08 PM
rose bowl game was a classic whether you were for UT or for USC, was a shame there had to be a loser in that game
but Young was
20 or 30 for 267 yards
19 rushes for 200 yards. 3 tds and long of 67

you got to give Vince credit for that

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/bowls05/bowls?game=rose

Young played a whale of a game for UT ..and I loved it after ESPiN proclaimed USC the greatest team in college football history, I was glad they got beat and being born and raised in Texas, I am was proud a Texas team won

I am far from a VY fan and like to think I am fairly level headed about him (don't hate and don't love) but sometimes I think the hatred clouds judgement on him and his college days

If VY had a knack it was to converting on 3rd down, he was very dangerous on 3rd down plays esp in college. now in the pros? well last season he did it a few times, but like some on this board have said, once his legs go, it is going to be tough for him unless he learns how to pocket pass

Hardcore Texan
01-07-2008, 01:33 PM
Yeah I agree for the most part. Yes UT is my college team and yes I wanted them to win the title. Did I want the Texans to draft VY.....no, did I want them to draft Reggie.....no. Did I know who Mario was.....no hahaha. My roomate to this day (HUGE VY HOMER) claims that I said I wanted VY.....come on I know what I said. I didn't hate him until recently. Yes im sure the whole Keye issue in Austin didn't help. To me completely honest I am just sick of him and this city being all over his jock. As far as the hometown hero, hahah I dont think he was a hero at all.

I feel very similiar to this.

I love UT, they are my favorite college team by far. But, I support the Big 12 as much as I can especially kids from Texas. These guys are students and amateur atheletes and are very exciting to watch, I like getting behind my fellow Texans! In other words, I enjoy smack talk with people I know who are Aggies, Red Raiders, etc. but it's in good fun, these folks are my neighbors.

I loved VY in college, the National Championship was a thing a beauty. Knocking off the almight USC, "the best team ever" :doot: . Come on, some of you Aggies can admit it. :shades:

I always thought VY was a great college QB but I never wanted the Texans to draft him.....and I am so glad they didn't. I really felt like he would get exposed at the next level. And now that he is a pro there is a lot more critiquing to be done. And just like ATRAIN said, you can't make an honest assesment about him in these parts. The blind man love has go to go....Wake up People! Anyway, some of this coupled with how he acts now, the way he acted after the OT win in Houston last year (Texan Bill nailed this perfectly), and the way he came off on the 60 minutes interview like he is so much better than everyone else and above the system, he just down right gets on my nerves these days, and I pretty much can't stand him. He could use a big dose of humility.

After yesterday's performance he might have gotten it, he did not look good at all and IMO cost the tits the game.

Hervoyel
01-07-2008, 01:35 PM
"Vince Young is the best QB in the NFL"

Right now, at this moment in time Vince Young isn't even the best QB on the Titans roster. Vince has some problems he needs to overcome before he can even make that claim.

He's got what it takes to make a team in the NFL but that's not saying all that much. Look at some of the stiffs that can make a roster in the NFL.

I look at Young and think the following....

Physical Tools: Check
"Heart" and determination: Check
Leadership Ability: Check
Intelligence: Remains to be seen
Maturity: Remains to be seen

In almost any college game between just about any two schools you can name the majority of the players on both teams will not make it to the NFL and if 51% of them somehow do then most of them will be out of it in short order. In College you can win on a team with less talent and use only your innate playmaking ability and leadership. In the NFL you have to fire on all cylinders to be the kind of player the hype said Vince Young would be.

Sure somebody can spoon feed him an offense. That's nothing out of the ordinary. There are 32 starting QB's in the NFL, does anybody think they're all brain surgeons or rocket scientists? Of course they aren't. Time and coaching should help build the maturity that he appears to lack at the moment. Plenty of guys get picked in the first round and lack maturity. Hell, Jeff George never aquired it and he played in the league for many years. He was just never terribly successful (or at least never close to being as successful as he might have been if he'd been a little less selfish and a little more mature).

To perform at a high level consistently Vince Young is going to have to learn a playbook and he's going to have to grow up. He's going to have to make himself be coachable otherwise he's just going to be another guy who doesn't live up to his draft status regardless of what an incredible game he played against USC. Look at David Carr and consider that he had pretty much all the physical gifts you could ask for in an NFL QB. He was purportedly a reasonably intelligent guy who was married with a couple of kids. He was clearly very mature. He wasn't complete though. He lacked discipline and focus and was not dedicated to his craft. He didn't appear to be very "coachable". He's on his way out of the league I think. Vince could follow him if he doesn't do what he has to. He needs to put that pride down for a while and dedicate himself to learning his craft. His "skillz" aren't going to get it done here. Nobody comes to the NFL and dominates with just skill and will these days. It's been thirty years since anybody could be successful with just that.

Edit: Having said all that he's a Tennessee Titan and so I can't bring myself to want him to succeed. I want to beat the Titans every time we play them (and that ain't happened much in 6 years) and I believe now that clearly the Texans didn't blow that draft pick. I don't wish we had Vince Young. I wish we hadn't paid David Carr a bonus to suck for two more years but I don't wish we had gone with Young. I don't think much about Vince Young at all unless the Titans are on our plate that week or some Vince Young nut hugger (or hater) brings him up.

Hardcore Texan
01-07-2008, 01:42 PM
rose bowl game was a classic whether you were for UT or for USC, was a shame there had to be a loser in that game
but Young was
20 or 30 for 267 yards

Young played a whale of a game for UT ..and I loved it after ESPiN proclaimed USC the greatest team in college football history, I was glad they got beat and being born and raised in Texas, I am was proud a Texas team won

I am far from a VY fan and like to think I am fairly level headed about him (don't hate and don't love) but sometimes I think the hatred clouds judgement on him and his college days

If VY had a knack it was to converting on 3rd down, he was very dangerous on 3rd down plays esp in college. now in the pros? well last season he did it a few times, but like some on this board have said, once his legs go, it is going to be tough for him unless he learns how to pocket pass

Well said, and I especially love the part in bold.....good times.

Texan_Bill
01-07-2008, 01:42 PM
but Young was
20 or 30 for 267 yards

I never said he hasn't had some good games. In fact, earlier this year I admitted when he had one. But my judgement of his college playing days are not clouded. If I were a Texas alum, I would be sick and tired of VY getting all of the credit for that very, very talented offense. They were then and still are today my perceptions based on observations.

Running QB's in the NFL don't do well or they don't last long. Steve McNair and Donavan McNabb figured out how to become pocket passers first, running threats second. Mike Vick did not. Until Young can figure that out (if possible), he will never succeed. Therein lies the problem. I don't think he is accurate enough to gain respect from defenses in the NFL. Therefore, defenses will continue to a) cram the box, b) spy him and c) use various rush blitz packages against him.

Those are not clouded judgements.

Wolf
01-07-2008, 02:40 PM
my reply was because the thread at the time seemed to be turning toward his college career

yes TB I agree exactly about what you said about his NFL game.

I am like DB.. I don't hate VY personally, he is a titan, I don't like the Titans and bud and with the way the media bashed the Texans with not taking him or bush, has made me want to get into the "I told you so" mode when those player fail.

I still am in the "I hope the players do well except when they play the Texans" mode

austintexanite
01-07-2008, 03:21 PM
Just curious, not trying to troll or anything but who here is a VY fan and who here is sick of him? Also if you are sick of him do you live in Houston, Austin, or somewhere else?

[QUOTE=GlassHalfFull;818140]And most of the "hate" I feels for him is a backlash against the fans who think he can do no wrong and have trashed Mario since the draft. It is interesting how the fans can end up "hating" a player for situations out of their control.

As a Longhorn fan, I will always be grateful that he helped in bringing back a championship. But, I have always been a bigger fan of NFL than college. I am sick of people treating him like a God, and after all the flak that we got last year for Mario, I'm happy he's struggling so that he realizes that he has to work hard to be good in this league. I saw him take some shots this year and that could be a reason why he does not want to run anymore. I don't remember him being hit that much as a Horn, and I feel that he is slowly realizing that he can't get away with that stuff in the NFL as much as he used to. More importantly, he plays for Tennessee which I despise and once he started running his mouth I was glad he got smacked in the mouth to keep him quite. I know a lot of people who never liked Vince because he was always cocky on the practice field and after team meetings. There was some resentment from his fellow Horns and it seems to be following him in Tennessee.

Texan_Bill
01-07-2008, 03:27 PM
I know a lot of people who never liked Vince because he was always cocky on the practice field and after team meetings. There was some resentment from his fellow Horns and it seems to be following him in Tennessee.

WOW!! Seriously, I hadn't heard that before.....

austintexanite
01-07-2008, 03:33 PM
WOW!! Seriously, I hadn't heard that before.....

Sarcasm or real? Either way, just stating what I know.

Texan_Bill
01-07-2008, 03:37 PM

I was hoping the 'seriously' implied that I really was being serious. Sorry, but I really hadn't heard that before. In other words, I thought the one thing he had a Texas was this squeeky clean image and ALL his teammates and coaches thought he was the greatest thing next to cold beer.

Who knew??

ATRAIN
01-07-2008, 03:40 PM

I never heard that either but I LOVE IT!!

austintexanite
01-07-2008, 03:43 PM
I was hoping the 'seriously' implied that I really was being serious. Sorry, but I really hadn't heard that before. In other words, I thought the one thing he had a Texas was this squeeky clean image and ALL his teammates and coaches thought he was the greatest thing next to cold beer.

Who knew??

My fault, I'm too sarcastic myself so I often misinterpret things. One of my best friends had close connections to the football team and I found out that some offensive and defensive players didn't like his attitude. During the games they didn't doubt his leadership, or abilities, but it was the other stuff that they couldn't stand.

Texan_Bill
01-07-2008, 03:45 PM
My fault, I'm too sarcastic myself so I often misinterpret things. One of my best friends had close connections to the football team and I found out that some offensive and defensive players didn't like his attitude. During the games they didn't doubt his leadership, or abilities, but it was the other stuff that they couldn't stand.

Thanks!! Very interesting! Funny how some players are able to create this great public image, but when you find out some of the 'behind the scenes' stuff, it makes you go: :hmmm:

ATRAIN
01-07-2008, 03:45 PM

Very interesting, I wonder if Griffin tells people on the Titans that VY is a cocky baby!! I love seeing VY pout on the sidelines!!!

WesmanTexanfan
01-07-2008, 06:41 PM
ok, i like vince, played against him in highschool, i want him to be a great QB, but he keeps proving me wrong..... the titans would be playing the pats next week if he had lined up at wide out and KC got the snaps, im almost certain....... sorry vince, i hope you prove me wrong....

Honoring Earl 34
01-07-2008, 08:12 PM

Yep ... after the game that he ran around the stadium ... I thought Vince has bought a little to much into Vince .

He's a stinking Titan ... hated them .

To the Titan fans ... in two years if he's still just OK ... it's not the weapons around him , it's him . We know this first hand .