PDA

View Full Version : USA Today S/W - Texans make front page

ChrisG
10-03-2007, 11:27 AM
The Texans made the front page of USA Today's Sports Weekly, and 3 full pages on the team. And it is pretty much all positive input on our team. The talk about taking Mario and why we took him.

The article also list our Defensive players and gives a quick bio on each. "Cornerbacks: Dunta "DRob" Robinson, 25, DeMarcus "Petey" Faggins, 28: Robinson has evolved into a team leader. He is a solid cover man and a punishing hitter....Faggins is one of the six remaining orginal Texans.

They also mention the teams weekly "Yak" award, for big hits on defense. -- I would love a YAK t-shirt the team has
"black shirt with the texans helmet crunching a genertic white helmet with the words YAK YAK"

I could scan the article and post it but i wan't sure if that was against board rules. mods?...

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b385/fernogfx/usatoday.jpghttp://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b385/fernogfx/usatoday1.jpg

NitroGSXR
10-03-2007, 11:29 AM
THat's great! I don't generally read the US Today but I'm on my way to purchase this right now. Good job on the scan so I know now that this wasn't the NEWSPAPER but that sports supplement that they sell for a buck seventy-five.

Shaft75
10-03-2007, 11:32 AM
Well done man... I have never heard of the yak awards. I would like to get my hands on one of those also.

Cjeremy635
10-03-2007, 11:38 AM
YAK YAK.....That's fun to say, especially if you draw it out. Kinda like, "yaaaaaaaaaaaakkkkkkkk" Perfect. :includeme:

alphajoker
10-03-2007, 02:24 PM
Hm, funny that all they can mention about Faggins is that he was an original Texan.

tulexan
10-03-2007, 02:51 PM
Hm, funny that all they can mention about Faggins is that he was an original Texan.

Reminds me of Curb Your Enthusiasm when Larry asks Cheryl's friend what she liked about his movie and she said the length.

nero THE zero
10-03-2007, 03:21 PM
Why does DeMeco have the captain badge on in that picture? I thought 'Dre, Dunta, and Brown were our 3 team captains?

real
10-03-2007, 03:28 PM
Try Dre, Meco, and Brown.