PDA

View Full Version : All Encompassing Carr Thread

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

Carr Bombed
10-01-2007, 02:04 AM
http://podcast.itm-1014.com/wfnz/688831.mp3

After listening to this song, I have to take back what I said about John McClain & the gang and their "Big bad Schaub" jingle............It could of been ALOT WORSE!!

Leahmic223
10-01-2007, 02:26 AM
:woot2

:wow: :wow: :wow:

:laughjump:

Thanks for that.

Also Delhomme may be out longer than expected...Go the the Carolina board. One poster said "Everything the Houston Fans complained about were absolutely true."

He got sacked 3 times today, threw a INT, and completed about 16 passes out of 40...wow Carr you really reached a new low today.

Carr Bombed
10-02-2007, 12:07 AM
Anybody know how long Delhomme will be out?

Hookem Horns
10-02-2007, 01:28 AM
Just image what would have happened if DC played for the Eagles. The Giants might have had 30 sacks on Sunday night.

ledzeppelin229
10-02-2007, 01:37 AM
Just image what would have happened if DC played for the Eagles. The Giants might have had 30 sacks on Sunday night.

This would be before a defender touched him, right?

Yankee_In_TX
10-04-2007, 12:31 PM
Not sure if this was in another thread, we argued this morning, I though CAR got shut out last weekend, I was wrong:
Carr-
19/41, 155 yds, 3.78 yards per attept (classic Carr), 1 TD, 1 INT, 3 sack

TD came with 23 seconds left, TB was up 20-0, garbage TD?

The Pencil Neck
10-04-2007, 12:43 PM
Not sure if this was in another thread, we argued this morning, I though CAR got shut out last weekend, I was wrong:
Carr-
19/41, 155 yds, 3.78 yards per attept (classic Carr), 1 TD, 1 INT, 1 sack

TD came with 23 seconds left, TB was up 20-0, garbage TD?

IIRC, Carr had something like 40 yards passing going into the 4th quarter.

So, most of his yards and his TD came when the game was out of reach.

The commentators made the comment that they were playing him with a cover-2 and he was throwing into the strength of the cover-2 instead of attacking the middle of the field.

Just like he did here.

powerfuldragon
10-04-2007, 12:52 PM
despite his failings as a passer, you have to admit that hurdle for the first down was pretty cool.

santo
10-04-2007, 01:00 PM
despite his failings as a passer, you have to admit that hurdle for the first down was pretty cool.

We should have kept him for short yardage situations and goal line touchdowns.

Texan_Bill
10-04-2007, 01:04 PM
Ric Ocasek and Paulina Poroskova threw up in their mouth a little, after hearing that...

I thought Carr was sacked 3 times??

Yankee_In_TX
10-04-2007, 01:16 PM
Ric Ocasek and Paulina Poroskova threw up in their mouth a little, after hearing that...

So corrected.

jerek
10-04-2007, 01:19 PM
Made funny by the fact that I traded Peyton Manning for Steve Smith and Matt Schaub right before Delhomme went down injured. Steve Smith has since been worth a combined 7 points across two weeks while Manning has easily exceeded Schaub.

I am the Charley Casserley of fantasy football.

Yankee_In_TX
10-04-2007, 01:22 PM
I was ticked about Smith last week. I didn't think carr would be THAT bad.

Porky
10-04-2007, 01:32 PM
I guess the sponser ads change, but the one I got was hilarious!

Looking for David Carr? Find him today. Yahoo.com

Right next to an ad saying "Join a flag football team today".

Oh, the irony of it all. :splits:

Double Barrel
10-04-2007, 01:49 PM

I thought it was very graceful, like a gazelle.

http://oreo.ldivine.com/gazelle_run.jpg

2BCF
10-04-2007, 02:39 PM

So did Gary Numan. :secret:

That was obviously recorded before the Tampa Bay game, lol.

Texan_Bill
10-04-2007, 02:45 PM
So did Gary Numan. :secret:

That was obviously recorded before the Tampa Bay game, lol .

DOH!!!! (to steal a phrase) So corrected...

Second Honeymoon
10-04-2007, 02:55 PM
Made funny by the fact that I traded Peyton Manning for Steve Smith and Matt Schaub right before Delhomme went down injured. Steve Smith has since been worth a combined 7 points across two weeks while Manning has easily exceeded Schaub.

i am actually surprised you didn't trade for Carr and put him in as your starter.

fwiw - you thought Carr was Jesus in cleats and then you trade Peyton. Me thinks you need to take a Football 101 course.

real
10-04-2007, 03:39 PM
Lol

StarStruck
10-04-2007, 04:31 PM

And, that's the truth!:shades:

Porky
10-04-2007, 04:57 PM
Looks like Carr is playing again this Sunday against the Aints. Come on, let's see it on Houston TV! :splits:

Link (http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d802f490b&template=without-video&confirm=true)

Posted: 1 hours 59 minutes ago
Carr likely to start; Delhomme still sidelined with elbow injury
Associated Press

CHARLOTTE, N.C. -- David Carr appears likely to make his second straight start at quarterback for the Carolina Panthers after Jake Delhomme missed practice again Thursday.

David Carr, QB
Carolina Panthers

Week 4 vs. TB:
COMP/ATT: 19/41
YDS: 155
TDs: 1
INTs: 1

» Profiles: Carr | Delhomme
» Panthers: Stats | official site While coach John Fox would not identify a starter for Sunday's game at New Orleans, Delhomme hasn't thrown a football since straining his right elbow on Sept. 23 against Atlanta.

Carr completed 19 of 41 passes for 155 yards, one touchdown and one interception in Carolina's 20-7 loss to Tampa Bay on Sunday.

Linebackers Dan Morgan and Adam Seward also missed practice on Thursday. Morgan has a partially torn Achilles' tendon, while Seward has missed the past two games with a calf injury.

Running back DeShaun Foster returned to practice on Thursday after missing Wednesday's workout because of a coach's decision.

hollywood_texan
10-04-2007, 05:28 PM
They need to run the game on a few TVs at Reliant during the Miami game.

GlassHalfFull
10-04-2007, 05:32 PM
Found this over on the Panther's MB
Agree. Carr definitely can play a starting role for us as long as needed, and he will get better every week as he gets more familiar with our offense and starters. He may have a breakout game vs. the Saints.

And I thought I was an optimist:doot:

ObsiWan
10-04-2007, 05:34 PM

yeah, that might take folks mind off Petey Faggins
(oops, did I say that out loud?}
:)

Hookem Horns
10-04-2007, 05:43 PM
Looks like Carr is playing again this Sunday against the Aints. Come on, let's see it on Houston TV! :splits:

Looks like the Saints will be getting their first win. Just think of the fans before the 06 draft that wanted both David Carr and Reggie Bust on the Texans. LOL, that would have been a circus. Both your QB and RB running around clueless. Boy it could have been REAL bad here.

Brando
10-04-2007, 05:50 PM

NO. He needs to be completely out of Reliant, especially TV.

drewmar74
10-04-2007, 05:52 PM
Looks like the Saints will be getting their first win..

All they have to do is run the cover 2 and blitz a little bit. They'll have David rattled in no time.

Just think of the fans before the 06 draft that wanted both David Carr and Reggie Bust on the Texans. LOL, that would have been a circus. Both your QB and RB running around clueless.

Actually, I bet David would have had an incredible completion percentage and Reggie would have had Larry Centers' like numbers what with all of the checkdown passes to the RB. Of course, we probably would have been something like 4-12 but our two-headed offensive juggernaut would have had great stats!

Just heard about an hour ago on Fox Sports Radio's Chris Myers & Shawn Farnam (sp?) show that the kickers and David Carr were both excused from the Panthers players' only meeting held today. Struggling to find a link if anyone can help...

Malloy
10-04-2007, 07:42 PM
Looks like the Saints will be getting their first win. Just think of the fans before the 06 draft that wanted both David Carr and Reggie Bust on the Texans. LOL, that would have been a circus. Both your QB and RB running around clueless. Boy it could have been REAL bad here.

Get the Benny Hill theme song ready for the sack/tackle-for-a-loss highlight reel :)

Vinny
10-04-2007, 08:21 PM
http://www.carolinahuddle.com/forum/carolina-panthers/61203-realy-starting-get-my-nerves.html

Carr's ability to unite the team and the fan base is unquestioned and without peer.

(yes that was sarcasm)

ObsiWan
10-04-2007, 08:42 PM
http://www.carolinahuddle.com/forum/carolina-panthers/61203-realy-starting-get-my-nerves.html

Carr's ability to unite the team and the fan base is unquestioned and without peer.

(yes that was sarcasm)

What will the Panther faithful say when he-who-shall-remain-un-named stinks it up against the winless Saints?

ObsiWan
10-04-2007, 08:44 PM
All they have to do is run the cover 2 and blitz a little bit. They'll have David rattled in no time.

Actually, I bet David would have had an incredible completion percentage and Reggie would have had Larry Centers' like numbers what with all of the checkdown passes to the RB. Of course, we probably would have been something like 4-12 but our two-headed offensive juggernaut would have had great stats!

Just heard about an hour ago on Fox Sports Radio's Chris Myers & Shawn Farnam (sp?) show that the kickers and David Carr were both excused from the Panthers players' only meeting held today. Struggling to find a link if anyone can help...

and still, he refuses to be one of the guys...

Lucky
10-04-2007, 11:16 PM

It was a joke by Mike Florio of PFT (http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm).

Panthers G Mike Wahle called a players-only meeting (http://www.gastongazette.com/sports/team_10986___article.html/players_good.html). (They made an exception for David Carr. And the kickers.)

drewmar74
10-04-2007, 11:44 PM
It was a joke by Mike Florio of PFT (http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm).

Thanks for the assist. I knew that was too good to be true....

But you know, I could almost see that happening.

Second Honeymoon
10-05-2007, 12:38 AM
wow, nice touch equating Carr with kickers. that isn't fair.....to the kickers.

its kinda hilarious that it took one game of Carr to bring about the dreaded 'Players Only Meeting'

whatever, kudos to the guy for making a career out of bad football, aww shucks red state charm, and unyielding hair that even Jimmy Johnson would be proud of.

congrats DC. you have had a great career..............for me to p**p on.

Double Barrel
10-05-2007, 11:30 AM
What will the Panther faithful say when he-who-shall-remain-un-named stinks it up against the winless Saints?

They will quickly realize that they now have the "worst.oline.evar!" and WRs who couldn't be 4th stringers on any other NFL team. Logic all originating from the it's-never-Carr's-fault mentality.

Yankee_In_TX
10-05-2007, 11:41 AM

*update*

Carr did attend the meeting, but chose to sit in the QB Corner and play his Gameboy. When the meeting was adjorned, some players decided to watch game films. Carr was then seen on the highway in a covertable. The top was up to avoid windblown hair.

Vinny
10-05-2007, 12:57 PM
*update*

Carr did attend the meeting, but chose to sit in the QB Corner and play his Gameboy. When the meeting was adjorned, some players decided to watch game films. Carr was then seen on the highway in a covertable. The top was up to avoid windblown hair.
Hey thats not fair! Carr watches gamefilm at home with his wife and toddlers. They both give him tips on how to avoid the blitz.

HoustonFrog
10-05-2007, 01:10 PM

Well according that their board it includes 1) he is getting used to the new system 2) has to get some games under him 3) receivers drop too many balls 4) O-line.

(Dizzy)...whoa...sorry, I thought I was in 2005 and 2006 again

Yankee_In_TX
10-05-2007, 01:20 PM
Hey thats not fair! Carr watches gamefilm at home with his wife and toddlers. They both give him tips on how to avoid the blitz.

So THAT's where the "fall to the fetal position" QB sneak play came from!

GP
10-05-2007, 07:19 PM

Yes, apparently he just pops in the Sonogram DVD to see what position to take when there's a defender 4 yards away from him....

Daddy can't get messy. Daddy stay clean. Daddy wear glovies on his handsies!

Yay, daddy!

Señor Stan
10-05-2007, 11:13 PM
Daddy can't get messy. Daddy stay clean. Daddy wear glovies on his handsies!

Yay, daddy!

http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g67/senorstan/Carrolina.jpg

Brando
10-06-2007, 11:24 AM
I just thought about his wedding ring. He's not wearing it over the gloves to show his love?:pirate:

TheRealJoker
10-07-2007, 11:37 AM
Is it confirmed that Carr will be starting at qb again this week?

TD
10-07-2007, 11:54 AM
I heard on NFL radio that yes, he will start.

Maddict5
10-07-2007, 12:25 PM
that sound is panthers fans sobbing gently..

texanmojo
10-11-2007, 05:33 PM
Looks like our old buddy DC might not start this weekend. Poor baby has a boo boo...if he would quit getting his ass sacked...he probably wouldn't be hurting right now...

"David Carr threw gingerly on the side, but wasn’t ready to practice. Vinny Testaverde scrambled to learn the playbook and get his 43-year-old body ready. Rookie Matt Moore just tried to keep up.

Thursday produced few answers for the Carolina Panthers (http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21220439/#) as they try to figure out who will start at quarterback Sunday against Arizona.

Carr, listed as No. 1 with Jake Delhomme (http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21220439/#) set to undergo season-ending elbow surgery, missed practice for a second straight day with a sore back."

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21220439/

bah007
10-11-2007, 05:34 PM
My back is sore too.

Too bad I have to show up to work to actually get paid...

Texan_Bill
10-11-2007, 05:35 PM
The Panther fans were discussing this on their boards...

Link: Carr Misses Second Straight Day of Work (http://www.carolinahuddle.com/forum/carolina-panthers/61751-carr-misses-second-straight-day-work.html)

Brandon420tx
10-11-2007, 05:37 PM
I'm sure he's excited about being the back up again... sigh, you had your second chance.

Second Honeymoon
10-11-2007, 05:48 PM
meh, the guy is injured or he would be out there. he got rolled by a couple Saints and I am sure its pretty bad or he would be out there. if he is jaking it and not playing hurt well then, that is a problem. I think he is injured and that he can't make the throws. I don't think he would quit this early and I can't stand the guy, to be frank.

Too bad its not a foot problem. Maybe if he had a foot problem it would help him drop back at a more appropriate pace. He likes runs back to a predetermined spot, stares down one guy, and then javelin tosses it to him from behind his ear. hard to watch but like a trainwreck, you just can't turn away. I hope the guy is alright though, I may occasionally hope a player gets hurt but never injured. Nothing wrong with a big stick but I don't want to see anyones leg emulate Theismann's leg being broke by LT on MNF. Too brutal.

Maddict5
10-11-2007, 06:15 PM
if he is jaking it .

lol attempt at entering websters dictionary

Vinny
10-11-2007, 07:55 PM
Carolina may start to score points again. This can't be bad news for the offense. When Jake was in there they were scoring 24 points a game and he had 8TD's and only 1 pick.

jerek
10-11-2007, 09:45 PM
Carolina may start to score points again. This can't be bad news for the offense. When Jake was in there they were scoring 24 points a game and he had 8TD's and only 1 pick.

I hope so. I traded for Steve Smith right before Jake Delhomme got hurt.

JDizzle
10-11-2007, 09:46 PM
I think it's destined that Vinny starts. He throws for a TD, keeps his streak alive, and convinces Fox that he's the best QB on the active roster. Think about it ... Carr backing up Testaverde ... priceless stuff.

kiwitexansfan
10-12-2007, 12:50 AM
I think it's destined that Vinny starts. He throws for a TD, keeps his streak alive, and convinces Fox that he's the best QB on the active roster. Think about it ... Carr backing up Testaverde ... priceless stuff.

I think Testervade is the best QB on the active roster. If he starts this week Carr won't beat him out, unless they are too embarassed to start the world's most ancientist QB.

brakos82
10-12-2007, 06:55 PM
Was David Carr even alive when Vinny started playing? :whip:

Brando
10-12-2007, 06:59 PM
On the radio they mentioned DC practiced today and is listed as probable.

CloakNNNdagger
10-12-2007, 07:37 PM
SI states Carr "Probable" (http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/football/nfl/10/12/carr.panthers.ap/)

CHARLOTTE, N.C. (AP) -- Quarterback David Carr, who returned to practice Friday for the Carolina Panthers, was listed as probable for Sunday's game against the Arizona Cardinals.

But Coach John Fox was not ready to declare Carr the starter. "That will be a game-time decision," Fox said.

If Carr can't go, either Vinny Testaverde or Matt Moore would get the start.

Carr missed the last two days of practice with a back injury, but Fox said he looked good during practice Friday

"He was out there throwing," Fox said. "That's a good start. I'm not sure if somebody rams into him that will be such a good thing."

Carr also has a four-hour flight ahead of him, which may not help his back.

Ready, but game time decision sounds like a ploy for not allowing the Cards to focus their prep on one QB.

If Matt Moore does well, DC may be job hunting with the return of another one of his classic performances.

IF someone rams him????........he WILL be sacked if he plays......it's become part of his game plan......

A four hour flight may not help his back?????...........If he can't survive the plane ride, good luck avoiding an intra-game hospital visit.

TexanExile
10-12-2007, 08:06 PM
A four hour flight may not help his back?????...........If he can't survive the plane ride, good luck avoiding an intra-game hospital visit.

I think he should be more worried about having to check his Mickey Mouse gloves before boarding the aircraft. Those things may not fit in the overhead compartment.

If he starts, he won't finish. :fortune:

Brando
10-12-2007, 09:52 PM
http://www.freemyspacegraphics.com/Images/Funny_Animations/images/33FUNNY.gif

Carolina Panthers quarterback David Carr was downgraded to questionable for Sunday's game against Arizona after his sore back stiffened on the team's cross-country flight

NFL.com (http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d8033a490&template=with-video&confirm=true)

Napa Auto Parts
10-28-2007, 12:36 AM
Poor David i guess its just Sad that he cant even beat 58 year old vinny testaverde man what was Mcnair thinking with his Man Love for David Carr we should of gotten rid of him after the 1st year.:specnatz:

2BCF
10-28-2007, 05:06 AM
Yep, Vinny Testaverde a.k.a. "Dad" to his fellow Panther teammates, will start!

Carr, never will be a reliable leader of an NFL team.
I realized that while watching him with his former team, the Texans, play against the Packers in a Sunday night game in 2004. ESPN had Carr “miked up” and the results were disastrous. Viewers learned that he loves to play with his hair. And after each completion, he would run down the field like he had just won the Super Bowl and scream, “Thank you, Jesus.”
I have no problem with paying respects. But after completing a 3-yard out?

http://www.sltrib.com/sports/ci_7303537

TEXANS84
10-28-2007, 10:48 AM
Carr ran back onto Carolina's sideline and started to warm up as if he was leading a military team into combat. Coincidentally, a cameraman was there to film him getting ready. Carr warmed up on the sideline, and after each pass, you guessed it, fixed his hair so the part in the middle stayed perfect.

LOL, from the article above

Vinny
10-28-2007, 03:49 PM
Carr came into the game and the fans went wild (http://www.carolinahuddle.com/forum/showthread.php?t=62926)

GlassHalfFull
10-28-2007, 03:51 PM
Carr came into the game and the fans went wild (http://www.carolinahuddle.com/forum/showthread.php?t=62926)

Sure sounds familiar. :specnatz:

Napa Auto Parts
10-28-2007, 05:01 PM
If only we had a time machine.

OzzO
10-29-2007, 02:11 PM

Is Hulk renamed to KillerKat there?

ATX
10-29-2007, 02:31 PM

That made my day......like deja vu or something. Here are some memorable quotes......

yes, it's the O-line's fault that Carr can't play QB. Nevermind that Vinny was barely touched today. and he's supposed to be the guy that gets sacked because he's old and slow.

Carr is horrible. Whoever thinks he's the future, you need your head examined. Play calling has nothing to do with '3rd and 6, I'm gonna pass it 4 yards behind the line of scrimage'

why even have a playbook with carr under center? he only knows 2 plays: pitch to running back in the flats or over the middle to jeff king for 5 yards!

David Carr sucks bottom line. He looks lost and scrambles way to soon and usually backwards at that.

At first i was skeptical about him being the problem in Houston but we all now know it's true. He sucks.

I was watching hte game with some friends and while I'm yelling at Carr to throw the ******** ball, he says "everyone's covered, who can he throw to?".. I said, "it's funny how Testeverde was getting hte ball out and now all the sudden everyone is "covered".. He sort of stopped talking after that.

I would rather watch a puppy slowly die of leprosy than watch David Carr attempt to attempt to play quarterback for our team.

Texan_Bill
10-29-2007, 02:38 PM
I read this one on CarolinaHuddle.com:

So if David Carr was on Grey's Anatomy he would be McStinky???

MeLoveTexans
10-29-2007, 03:28 PM

Read KillerKat's posts i think we found hulk.... still standin up for his brother... what a Carr :homer:

Texan_Bill
10-29-2007, 04:48 PM
I wrote:
Hulk, is that you?!?!

Anyway, the Texans two QB's are on pace to do way more than your brother ever did here.... Combined they are 68% completion with more than 2100 yards at the halfway point. The Texans (prior to yesterday were ranked 9th in overall offense and 4th in passin offense.... Oh and by the way, they are doing that with a worse offensive line than Carr had here last year (note injuries to Spencer and a season ending injury to Steve McKinney). As far as INTs v. TD's... Davey and his bangin' hair only had 2 seasons out of 5+ where he did that... 14-11 and 16-14. That doesn't bode well for a supposed #1 overall draft choice...

Face it... Davey has all the tools physically to be a good QB in this league, but its between the ears that he cant seem to figure it out. He's had a great weapon in Andre Johnson and now he has a future HOFer in Steve Smith...

Many of what the Texans fans shared on this board with the Panthers fans is becoming painfully obvious given many of the posts that I read.. Even the Titans fan can recognize Carr for being Carr.

Sorry to hear about Vinny, as he was by far y'alls best chance to win.. Hopefully your running backs can do enough to keep the ball out of Carr's hands.

Someone name KAYA responded:
Texas Bill, he is not who you think he is. KillerKat is who he is, a long time, committed, hypocritical, delusional, unabashed Delhomme hater. This really has nothing to do with Carr and everything to do with making excuses for whoever could possible challenge Jake for the starting job. This guy was making the same excuses for Chris Weinke.

I wrapped up by saying:
Okay.. I gotcha, but those excuses and such just sounded so darn familiar..

Link: DAVID CARR (http://www.carolinahuddle.com/forum/62926-david-carr-3.html)

the wonger need food
10-29-2007, 08:24 PM
http://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l248/ninetimesblue/ladies/carr/26.jpg

NFLforher
10-30-2007, 12:10 AM
http://podcast.itm-1014.com/wfnz/688831.mp3

After listening to this song, I have to take back what I said about John McClain & the gang and their "Big bad Schaub" jingle............It could of been ALOT WORSE!!

Oh, it got a lot worse. Did you watch yesterday?

GlassHalfFull
11-01-2007, 10:18 AM
Couldn't decide which way to go with the title. I thought some here might appreciate this in today's DeBriefing (http://sports.aol.com/fanhouse/2007/11/01/the-debriefing-patriots-vs-colts-feels-just-like-wrestlemania/#cont) by MJD.

David Carr Is Starting This Weekend ...

... which is another way of saying, "The Panthers are going to lose this weekend." Vinny Testaverde is hurt (one of the downsides of having your best quarterback being a guy who grew up watching Bonanza), so the Panthers have no choice.

Carr is the worst quarterback I've seen play this season. The absolute worst. And yes, I'm counting Trent Dilfer, Cleo Lemon, Trent Green, Tarvaris Jackson, Tim Rattay, and Quinn Gray. Okay, maybe not Quinn Gray ... but you get what I'm saying.

Usually, I'd say that this would make the Titans a gift at -4.5, however ... I saw Vince Young play last week, too. This has the potential to be the ugliest game of the year, in a year that's seen a lot of ugly games.

If Colts/Patriots is Hulk Hogan vs. Andre the Giant, then Panthers/Titans is Hillbilly Jim, the Haiti Kid, and Little Beaver against King Kong Bundy, Little Tokyo, and Lord Littlebrook in a mixed tag team match.

Maddict5
11-04-2007, 07:34 AM
go to about 4:40 in this vid...

http://www.nfl.com/videos?videoId=09000d5d803cfce0

i wonder when DC started to become the biggest joke in nfl player circles

Blazing Arrow
11-04-2007, 12:39 PM
Titans D looking for records sack total this game. Expect Carr to be 18/30 105 yards 0 TDs 3 INTs.

:bat:

Honoring Earl 34
11-04-2007, 12:51 PM
go to about 4:40 in this vid...

http://www.nfl.com/videos?videoId=09000d5d803cfce0

i wonder when DC started to become the biggest joke in nfl player circles

OOOOH ... Hulk is going to whip Alberts butt for that .

I would pay to see Hulk try to whip Albert's butt .... this ain't Dunta .

tulexan
11-04-2007, 12:57 PM
The White Gloves are back too.

Blazing Arrow
11-04-2007, 01:28 PM
Carr very Carr-esk ....

2 sacks and counting ... the last one he just took a dive on.

Maddict5
11-04-2007, 01:36 PM
not too bad.. only 2 sacks so far- granted hes only dropped back to pass 4 times total but still thats only 50% :)

GP
11-04-2007, 01:39 PM
LOL.

Haynesworth jumps offsides, and David applauds...waving his hand toward the Titans to indicate the flag was on the defense.

Looked like a traffic cop with those bright white gloves, all he needed was a whistle and a little cap.

Hookem Horns
11-04-2007, 01:42 PM
What's with the cheap shot on Carr? Are the Titans stupid or something? Why would you want to injure Carr? If Carr get's injured your going to have to face a real QB. If not it's going to be a sackfest.

J-Russ
11-04-2007, 01:43 PM
thrown into triple coverage, somethings never changes. Well actually he threw a deep ball and it wasn't intercepted, he is progressing after all.

GP
David sacked....again.

That makes 3, right?

I'l just stay here for the 2nd & 16...David overthrows the receiver by a mile. But Vandenbosh hits David in the small of the back (late hit) with his helmet--First down by penalty.

David overthrows WR....again. Nowhere close to the WR.

Wow.

HoustonFrog
My stats show 3 sacks now...nice

GP
11-04-2007, 01:45 PM
I bet there's a long string of cuss words on the panthers board right now.

:user:

LOL.

I can see it now. Those guys over there are short on patience and long on obscene statements.

GP
11-04-2007, 01:46 PM
3rd and long....

David throws the 2-yard quick pass to Steve Smith.

Classic.

Maddict5
11-04-2007, 01:48 PM
lets face it.. david is even more terrible now that he doesnt have kubiak anymore

Blazing Arrow
11-04-2007, 02:13 PM
4 .... 4 sacks!

http://i164.photobucket.com/albums/u13/BlazingArrow24/thecount.jpg

ah ah ah

HoustonFrog
11-04-2007, 02:20 PM
I bet there's a long string of cuss words on the panthers board right now.

:user:

LOL.

I can see it now. Those guys over there are short on patience and long on obscene statements.

http://www.carolinahuddle.com/forum/63437-official-panthers-titans-gameday-thread-24.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by YeaRucker!
Announcer: "Good protection, and Carr is sacked!"

How in the hell does this guy have a freaking job?!?

I'm convinced that John Fox lost a bet and had to sign him as a result

DiehardChris
11-04-2007, 02:24 PM
He has somehow regressed. How could he have possibly gotten worse?!?!!?

All his deep throws are overthrown, except for the one to Smith in the endzone - which was thrown into triple coverage.

Even his out patterns to the sidelines have sailed on him. He's atrocious! But at least he's wearing nice white gloves and has a nice perm.

DiehardChris
11-04-2007, 02:27 PM
Uh oh! Austin's Jesus is slow getting up after a hard shot from the Panthers!

Spled
11-04-2007, 02:29 PM
26 yards passing and o points at Halftime. I can't defend him today.

DiehardChris
11-04-2007, 02:45 PM
Another sack. He never took his eyes of the receiver, then didn't know what to do. He looks totally and completely lost.

Honoring Earl 34
11-04-2007, 02:50 PM
http://www.mrbill.com/TVparty%20Mr_%20Bill%20Creator%20Walter%20Williams %20interview_files/MrBill1.jpg

DiehardChris
11-04-2007, 02:51 PM
lol

DiehardChris
11-04-2007, 02:59 PM
Wow, the Titans are doing EVERYTHING they can to lose this game. If only Carolina had a quarterback.

Titans cough it up and give the Panthers great field position, and DC proceeds to lead them... backwards. Nice fumble. I guess the gloves don't help much.

Honoring Earl 34
11-04-2007, 03:01 PM
The CBS halftime report was singing " Three Times a Lady " about Carr's sacks .

It's no wonder why we stink . Bob McNair trying to build a team around David Carr is getting dumber by the minute .

The loser , weanie mentality will take years to get out of our system .

DiehardChris
11-04-2007, 03:01 PM
...and the FOX announcers are calling for the Panthers to bench Carr and go with the ROOKIE Matt Moore. LOL

GP
11-04-2007, 03:06 PM
4 .... 4 sacks!

http://i164.photobucket.com/albums/u13/BlazingArrow24/thecount.jpg

ah ah ah

Five...Five Fabulous sacks.

Hookem Horns
11-04-2007, 03:09 PM
The Panthers look so much like the old Texans that I can't even watch this anymore.

GP
11-04-2007, 03:13 PM
The Panthers look so much like the old Texans that I can't even watch this anymore.

Dom Capers is the key here. Everywhere he's been, it's gotten worse.

Dom is a tragedy magnet.

Brandon420tx
11-04-2007, 03:16 PM
I think their message board just crashed..

NVM its back now

http://www.carolinahuddle.com/forum/63437-official-panthers-titans-gameday-thread-38.html#post1208936

Thats great!

DiehardChris
11-04-2007, 03:28 PM
http://www.khsd.k12.ca.us/stockdale/DirDavidCarr/Images/likely3.jpg

THAT. Is priceless. Fake... but priceless.

Napa Auto Parts
11-04-2007, 03:30 PM
i was watching some of the panthers game. man david carr is horrible.

New_Texans
11-04-2007, 03:33 PM

i dont think its fake, its actually on a website dedicated to him.

Wolf
11-04-2007, 03:36 PM
I'd rather have Wienke or Fasani. Or Harrington. Or McCown. Or Rosenfels. Or Aaron Brooks. Or Brunell. The turnover ratio is 5-1. Any other QB in the league would win this game. This is the worst QB performance you will ever see. You will be telling your grandchildren about this one, when they say, "this QB sucks", you'll say "In my day QB's really sucked! Let me tell you about a guy named David Carr."

http://www.carolinahuddle.com/forum/carolina-panthers/63458-carr-worst-qb-panthers-history.html

Busa_Bill
11-04-2007, 03:36 PM
Carr is getting completely trashed on their board. I never thought he could be this bad.

Wolf
11-04-2007, 03:39 PM
Carr is getting completely trashed on their board. I never thought he could be this bad.

reading their board, makes me have a lot of respect for moderators, I can't imagine the stuff they have to erase to keep a board mature and that board isn't govern like this one (not disrespecting their mods) but this board does a great job keeping things steered the right way

TexansSeminole
11-04-2007, 03:50 PM
One of the topic threads is "Carr = worst QB in Panthers history".

Brando
11-04-2007, 03:53 PM

He is also the worst QB in Texans History. I think that title will be safe forever.

TexansSeminole
11-04-2007, 03:55 PM
He is also the worst QB in Texans History. I think that title will be safe forever.

Superstition is not a belief of yours is it? :shades:

It's ok, I'm not either.

HoustonFrog
11-04-2007, 03:58 PM

Yeah people are clamoring for Weinke back...no joke.

Spled
11-04-2007, 04:01 PM
Moore's in. Carr may be finished in Carolina.

GP
11-04-2007, 04:19 PM

It's not fake.

I've been to the website before, it's a high school yearbook site for Stockdale H.S. where David went to school.

Reminds me of the scene in Napolean Dynomite where she's taking photos and asks the guy to "curl your hand up into a ball, and tuck it under your chin...now think of tiny little starfishes making bubbles under the ocean..." and the guy gets this goofy look on his face and stares into the ditance.

Awesome.

2BCF
11-04-2007, 05:11 PM
I think the panther fans finally understand what they have in David Carr:

And I would rather be raped by bigfoot than ever see David Carr take another snap for this team.

CloakNNNdagger
11-04-2007, 05:58 PM
SEVEN sacks????????????? 2002????????

4Texans
11-04-2007, 07:02 PM
7 Sacks????? I didn't know the panthers O-line was soooo bad!

:sarcasm:

HoustonFrog
11-04-2007, 07:48 PM
7 Sacks????? I didn't know the panthers O-line was soooo bad!

:sarcasm:

Exactly. It was always the line. I thought I heard about how nice it was for him to behind a real line. Maybe the line is starting to see what happens to your rep when you have him behind you.

Wolf
11-04-2007, 07:55 PM
I will be suprised if Carr will be with an NFL team after this season.. Great guy, but he is done.

Mr teX
11-04-2007, 07:55 PM
Exactly. It was always the line. I thought I heard about how nice it was for him to behind a real line. Maybe the line is starting to see what happens to your rep when you have him behind you.

Easy now folks, Carolina's line wasn't really all that good, but he can't hide behind that anymore, not with the way Delhomme was doing his thing b4 he went down. I'm just glad he's someone else's salary cap problem now.

Napa Auto Parts
11-04-2007, 07:58 PM
i remember the Carr homers that used to defend him like a Wild Beast.
the line i remember the most is we let him go he's going to take what ever team he goes to to a superbowl we cant give up on him or something similar to that.

NitroGSXR
11-04-2007, 08:01 PM
Here's what Albert Haynesworth had to say about Carr....

"We knew (David) Carr would feel the rush, because he’s always worried about us. And knowing this year that we’re better, we knew he might be kind of extra scared, or worried about our defense. So we wanted to get after him. He held the ball a real long time so it gave us a chance to get there. I appreciate him holding the ball so long to help us out."

http://www.titansonline.com/news/newsmain_detail.php?PRKey=5265

Lol. I just cannot stop laughing. I like Haynesworth today. Guy is so dumb and even HE can understand what the problem is!

HoustonFrog
11-04-2007, 08:10 PM
Easy now folks, Carolina's line wasn't really all that good, but he can't hide behind that anymore, not with the way Delhomme was doing his thing b4 he went down. I'm just glad he's someone else's salary cap problem now.

I was paraphrasing what he said when he joined the Panthers. I didn't mean it. He kept saying it. 7 sacks says it all.

TexanSam
11-04-2007, 08:13 PM
I will be suprised if Carr will be with an NFL team after this season.. Great guy, but he is done.

Convert him to running back!

Wolf
11-04-2007, 08:14 PM
Convert him to running back!

LOL, he has to be faster than Dayne :pirate:

Brando
11-04-2007, 09:33 PM
Na, he has the hands of a WR.:pirate:

NitroGSXR
11-04-2007, 09:37 PM
Na, he has the hands of a WR.:pirate:

He's got the gloves for them, that's for sure.

sakebomb
11-04-2007, 11:04 PM
I think old Steve Smith was getting a little upset with Mr. Carr today.

sakebomb
11-04-2007, 11:05 PM
I think old Steve Smith was getting a little upset with Mr. Carr today.

Napa Auto Parts
11-05-2007, 12:02 AM
http://espn-att.starwave.com/media/nfl/2002/0908/photo/a_carr_i.jpg

When i look @ this picture i always:fans: cry. we should of giving him another 5 years.

Second Honeymoon
11-05-2007, 12:48 AM
is anyone that surprised? after all, its all about having fun with David. Screw commitment, preparation, and leadership. Let the eggheads worry about that. Just have fun, lil Davey.

the guy will be lucky to still have a job by the end of the season. He is just total garbage and has been since the day we drafted him....still the most losingest QB in NFL history with 4+ years of starts. you could put him on the Patriots and the Patriots would suck. you could put him behind a HOF offensive lines, HOF back, and HOF wr/te corps and he would still suck. he just sucks, period. finally people around the nation are seeing just how horrible and pathetic Carr is.

Texan_Bill
11-05-2007, 10:34 AM
OUCH!!!

• Tim Couch might be the one person preventing us from deeming David Carr as the worst overall No. 1 draft choice among quarterbacks since the AFL/NFL merger in 1970. Carr, a sack waiting to happen while with the Houston Texans, has been unable to grasp a very simply principle with the Carolina Panthers – get the ball to Steve Smith. In the three games Jake Delhomme or Vinny Testaverde started and finished, Smith has caught 25 passes for 407 yards and five touchdowns. In the five games in which Carr has appeared, the All-Pro receiver has combined for a paltry 15 catches for 122 yards and one touchdown. Call it a hunch, but don't be surprised if Matt Moore soon gets the call to connect with Smith. Also, Carr was sacked seven times on Sunday.

Link: Winners and Losers (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ja-winnerslosers110407&prov=yhoo&type=lgns)

Blazing Arrow
11-05-2007, 11:10 AM
The second sack Carr totally gave up. He was wrapped up but got out of it. Instead of trying to get his balance and doing anything ... he just drops to his arse ... he actually took a step after the missed sack then fell. Typical Carr. :gun:

powerfuldragon
11-05-2007, 11:35 AM
i ROFL'd when coach cowher slipped up during the highlights and said carr got sacked 70 times...

Porky
11-05-2007, 05:06 PM

I think Darcy might have a better chance at playing NFL QB. Anyone know if she is available? Might put in a call to John Fox and see if they can sign her. :devilpig:

Texan_Bill
11-05-2007, 05:15 PM
I think Darcy might have a better chance at playing NFL QB. Anyone know if she is available? Might put in a call to John Fox and see if they can sign her. :devilpig:
LINK (http://www.midweek.com/content/paina/image_full/4284/)

http://www.midweek.com/images/paina/060816/060816_5.jpg

Ashley Pias, Darcy Maeda, Nicole Pickens, Amber Belcher, Lea Okudara, Maria Quidez, Rachel Mark and Erin Kinoshita

Some of the best of Hawaii’s public relations industry were in attendance at the PRSA (Public Relations Society of America) Hawaii Koa Anvil Awards dinner at Waikiki Beach Marriott Resort & Spa.

Seems Darcy is more successful at her endeavors....

drewmar74
11-05-2007, 05:55 PM
The latest from the Mighty MJD...

The Sinner: Steve Smith

Steve Smith has a right to be envious of every other receiver in the National Football League, because they're all playing for quarterbacks better than David Carr. Every single one of them. Steve Smith should be personally volunteering to perform deep-tissue massage on Vinny Testaverde to get him healthy.

Carr has actually made Steve Smith a part-time fantasy player. When Carr is in the line-up, you should not start Steve Smith. Consider:

Steve Smith's averages when David Carr doesn't play in a game:

8.3 receptions, 135.7 yards, and 1.7 touchdowns.

Steve Smith's averages when David Carr does play in a game:

3.0 receptions, 24.4 yards, 0.2 TDs

That's amazing. I didn't think it was possible that a quarterback could do that. David Carr, when he's quarterbacking the Carolina Panthers, is able to turn Steve Smith into the fantasy equivalent of Justin Gage or Bobby Wade. He is Steve Smith's kryptonite.

Do you know how hard that is? Look around at the league ... there are other good wide receivers out there with bad quarterbacks, but none bad enough to actually force them out of your fantasy line-up.

The combo of Chad Pennington and Kellen Clemens has not been able to cripple Jerricho Cotchery. The combo of Matt Leinart, Kurt Warner, and Tim Rattay hasn't been able to do bury Larry Fitzgerald. The combo of Kyle Boller and Steve McNair hasn't been able to make Derrick Mason irrelevant.

It's truly unique what you're doing, David Carr. Congratulations.

http://sports.aol.com/fanhouse/2007/11/05/the-debriefing-the-seven-deadly-sins-of-sunday-week-9/

TexansSeminole
11-05-2007, 06:03 PM
The latest from the Mighty MJD...

The Sinner: Steve Smith

Steve Smith has a right to be envious of every other receiver in the National Football League, because they're all playing for quarterbacks better than David Carr. Every single one of them. Steve Smith should be personally volunteering to perform deep-tissue massage on Vinny Testaverde to get him healthy.

Carr has actually made Steve Smith a part-time fantasy player. When Carr is in the line-up, you should not start Steve Smith. Consider:

Steve Smith's averages when David Carr doesn't play in a game:

8.3 receptions, 135.7 yards, and 1.7 touchdowns.

Steve Smith's averages when David Carr does play in a game:

3.0 receptions, 24.4 yards, 0.2 TDs

That's amazing. I didn't think it was possible that a quarterback could do that. David Carr, when he's quarterbacking the Carolina Panthers, is able to turn Steve Smith into the fantasy equivalent of Justin Gage or Bobby Wade. He is Steve Smith's kryptonite.

Do you know how hard that is? Look around at the league ... there are other good wide receivers out there with bad quarterbacks, but none bad enough to actually force them out of your fantasy line-up.

The combo of Chad Pennington and Kellen Clemens has not been able to cripple Jerricho Cotchery. The combo of Matt Leinart, Kurt Warner, and Tim Rattay hasn't been able to do bury Larry Fitzgerald. The combo of Kyle Boller and Steve McNair hasn't been able to make Derrick Mason irrelevant.

It's truly unique what you're doing, David Carr. Congratulations.

http://sports.aol.com/fanhouse/2007/11/05/the-debriefing-the-seven-deadly-sins-of-sunday-week-9/

That's a good one.

Texans_Chick
11-05-2007, 06:15 PM
FanHouse has been all over this. The guy who writes for the Panthers is pretty a huge Panther fan and wasn't one of those folks who was a big fan of the Carr acquisition:

John Fox and Marty Hurney Should Be Fired for Subjecting Us to David Carr (http://sports.aol.com/fanhouse/2007/11/04/john-fox-and-marty-hurney-should-be-fired-for-subjecting-us-to-d/)

Somebody in Charlotte needs to hold an intervention. We need to put Carolina Panthers head coach John Fox and GM Marty Hurney in a room together and tell them, "Look, we like you guys. You put together a pretty decent defense, and it's not really your fault that Jake Delhomme hurt his elbow and can't play right now. But if you don't bench David Carr now, you should start polishing your résumés, because you'll be needing them in January."

Seriously, I haven't seen a sorrier excuse for an NFL quarterback since Aaron Brooks was throwing passes backwards in New Orleans. Mister Mittens has all the playmaking ability of ... well, me. And I couldn't throw a spiral until my junior year in college, when a lesbian friend of mine showed me how.

Even I know, however, that if the rush is coming, I need to get rid of the damn ball. David Carr doesn't. He cannot lead an offense, and judging from all the personal fouls called on Carolina today, Carr's inability to do anything on offense is clearly frustrating the rest of the team.

The sad thing is that Carolina Panthers could have signed any number of decent backup quarterbacks during the offseason. Even Joey Harrington would have been a better solution than Carr. Just look at their numbers:

Harrington: 63.4% completion rate, 6.6 yards per attempt, passer rating of 80.9
Carr: 55.2% completion rate, 5.0 yards per attempt, passer rating of 66.9

Second is pretty harsh:

David Carr Has a Concussion! We're Saved! (http://sports.aol.com/fanhouse/2007/11/05/david-carr-has-a-concussion-were-saved/)

Reports are coming out of Charlotte that David Carr suffered a concussion at the end of the Panthers-Titans game, and his status is up in the air for next week. No football fans have celebrated a quarterback getting hurt this much since Tommy Maddox got his throwing arm mangled in Baltimore three years ago.

I guess he isn't a big fan.

Good thing Carr is having so much more fun and excitement in Carolina.

David Carr is Looking for Fun (http://sports.aol.com/fanhouse/2007/04/14/david-carr-is-looking-for-fun/)

Number one jinx. Do not diss your old team no matter how badly you think that they stunk on ice, because you never know when it is going to get worse.

BTW, the guy behind the Mister Mittens blog is also a FanHouse writer. :cool:

axman40
11-05-2007, 06:19 PM
http://www.newseum.org/media/dfp/jpg5/lg/NC_CO.jpg
:cowboy1:

Second Honeymoon
11-05-2007, 06:59 PM
this is hilarious....did anyone actually think he was going to turn his career around?

carr was the problem with the offense for the past 5 years and no amount of coddling excuses will ever change that. it seems to me that the carolina fanbase and media didn't need 5 years of bad football to realize this....good for them. sadly only a few of us over here realized it before it was too late and after years of being labeled haters.

but at least lil davey is having fun

ATX
11-05-2007, 07:10 PM
I said it many weeks ago, if you have Steve Smith on your fantasy team, it's time to drop him. I wouldn't be surprised if many Houstonians win their fantasy league because they suckered someone into trading for Smith when Delhomme went down.

White Runningback
11-05-2007, 07:30 PM
Too bad I've been kicked off too many boards for being so anti-Carr. I was right about this guy all along.

Hookem Horns
11-05-2007, 08:51 PM
I was right about this guy all along.

I figured it out during the 2005 season. However no one called it as early as Pete (gr8fan). He was pointing out his flaws right after his rookie year and often commented that he didn't think he would get better.

Trap_Star
11-05-2007, 08:58 PM
in his defense, the gloves are awesome.

StarStruck
11-05-2007, 09:03 PM
I said it many weeks ago, if you have Steve Smith on your fantasy team, it's time to drop him. I wouldn't be surprised if many Houstonians win their fantasy league because they suckered someone into trading for Smith when Delhomme went down.

Right! My opponent had Steve Smith and Donovan McNabb. Since the majority of my team didn't play until last night, I began the evening down by 30+. When the smoke cleared, I was up by almost 90. Willie Parker is good, but not THAT good. I can check off another win. Seriously though when seeing Steve Smith with 1 fantasy point, even I felt bad.

Honoring Earl 34
11-05-2007, 09:06 PM
http://www.carolinahuddle.com/forum/carolina-panthers/63632-starting-carr-same-deactivating-steve-smith.html

http://www.carolinahuddle.com/forum/carolina-panthers/63644-carr-got-concussion.html

Texans_Chick
11-05-2007, 09:36 PM
Deadspin's MJD Smorgasbord (http://deadspin.com/sports/the-mjd-smorgasbord/ground-bacon-burgers-for-all-318934.php)is genius. He watches all the games from a sportsbar and comments on them. His language is uh a little vulgar at times, but I am guessing you can handle it.

Here's his Carr comment for Sunday:

Speaking of the Panthers, David Carr is sacked (unusual, I know) ... and then decides that he can just get up and run with the football. Apparently, Carr alone has decided on a new NFL rule that says the first sack made against David Carr on any given play doesn't count. I actually think this rule would be pretty fair ... if you sack David Carr once, you have to let him get up, and then count 5 Mississippi before you can sack him again.

Brandon420tx
11-05-2007, 10:08 PM
http://www.carolinahuddle.com/forum/carolina-panthers/63632-starting-carr-same-deactivating-steve-smith.html

http://www.carolinahuddle.com/forum/carolina-panthers/63644-carr-got-concussion.html

I like this one the best, especially the part when they bring up the Texan fan that gave them the warnings.

http://www.carolinahuddle.com/forum/47440-david-carr-signs-carolina-panthers-8.html#post1211895

Hookem Horns
11-05-2007, 10:16 PM

Foxy just said on the radio that Carr's concussion was his second in the past month and they are checking the waver wire for a QB. There are several QBs available: Archie Manning isn't playing for anyone, Fran Tarkenton, Bob Greise, Hell! any one of those guys could come in and do as good as what we got from Carr in Memphis

This one was funny. What was even funnier is that this fan thinks the Titans play in Memphis.

Brandon420tx
11-05-2007, 10:51 PM
Someone should go to the Panthers board and let them know that they can win inspite of David Carr, like the texans were forced to do at the end of last year... just hand the ball off 50+ times.

axman40
11-05-2007, 10:52 PM
http://www.carolinahuddle.com/forum/images/icons/icon1.gif Carr's new glove...
Now he can pause the pass rush

http://tonnikala.net/jutut/2003/gameon/img/powerglove.jpg

http://www.carolinahuddle.com/forum/carolina-panthers/63601-carrs-new-glove.html

Double Barrel
11-06-2007, 11:56 AM

I was called a sucker when I traded Steve Smith from my FF team for Donovan McNabb. I have yet to be proven wrong in that trade, even though I need WRs and have only started McNabb once.

HoustonFrog
11-06-2007, 12:14 PM
I was called a sucker when I traded Steve Smith from my FF team for Donovan McNabb. I have yet to be proven wrong in that trade, even though I need WRs and have only started McNabb once.

Hell I got Romo for him. Jackpot!!!Of course the guys starter was Brady.

kastofsna
11-06-2007, 12:15 PM
Carr didn't seem to hurt Andre Johnson's fantasy numbers.

HoustonFrog
11-06-2007, 12:32 PM

If you were in a points per catch league but not a TD one.

kastofsna
11-06-2007, 12:34 PM
ah, fairy tale football discussion.

Mr teX
11-06-2007, 12:36 PM
this is hilarious....did anyone actually think he was going to turn his career around?
carr was the problem with the offense for the past 5 years and no amount of coddling excuses will ever change that. it seems to me that the carolina fanbase and media didn't need 5 years of bad football to realize this....good for them. sadly only a few of us over here realized it before it was too late and after years of being labeled haters.

but at least lil davey is having fun

i gave him the benefit of the doubt. i figured maybe if he able to sit for a whole season he might be able to become a decent back up. looks like he going to be out of the league in a few..

Double Barrel
11-06-2007, 01:21 PM

That's a testament to AJ, not Carr.

kastofsna
11-06-2007, 01:24 PM
yes, but i think most of us, even the Texans homer amongst us, can agree that Steve Smith is certainly of the Andre Johnson ilk.

gtexan02
11-06-2007, 01:29 PM
Carr crippled AJ's fantasy numbers.

In 2 games without Carr this year, AJ already had 3 TDs and 260 yards. That would take 4 games+ with Carr. AJ rarely got into the end zone with DC at the helm

Double Barrel
11-06-2007, 01:29 PM
yes, but i think most of us, even the Texans homer amongst us, can agree that Steve Smith is certainly of the Andre Johnson ilk.

Then what's his problem? Just catch Carr's patented three yard dump passes and take it to the house! :shades:

Honoring Earl 34
11-06-2007, 01:49 PM
http://www.carolinahuddle.com/forum/63598-caption-pic-2.html#post1213270

powerfuldragon
11-06-2007, 01:59 PM
Did you see how AJ made Shaub look?

Blazing Arrow
11-06-2007, 02:02 PM
http://i164.photobucket.com/albums/u13/BlazingArrow24/carrasadeer.jpg

classic

HoustonFrog
11-06-2007, 02:16 PM
Carr crippled AJ's fantasy numbers.

In 2 games without Carr this year, AJ already had 3 TDs and 260 yards. That would take 4 games+ with Carr. AJ rarely got into the end zone with DC at the helm

Exactly. That was my point earlier. If you were in a point per catch thing..sure but he wasn't scoring TDs. I mean 12 catches for 35 yards is not the best thing(these stats are fabricated to prove a point, please don't play dumb and attempt to argue them)

4Texans
11-06-2007, 02:19 PM
FanHouse has been all over this. The guy who writes for the Panthers is pretty a huge Panther fan and wasn't one of those folks who was a big fan of the Carr acquisition:

BTW, the guy behind the Mister Mittens blog is also a FanHouse writer. :cool:

MR. MITTENS!!!

That's one of the best yet!

4Texans
11-06-2007, 02:23 PM

I don't believe he helped his numbers either. Looks like he was being held back. Just ask Steve Smith.

After seeing how Carr has played at Carolina, it's really too bad that we held on to him for 5 years. He's a great person, but he's not a #1 QB.

TexansSeminole
11-06-2007, 02:38 PM
I don't believe he helped his numbers either. Looks like he was being held back. Just ask Steve Smith.

After seeing how Carr has played at Carolina, it's really too bad that we held on to him for 5 years. He's a great person, but he's not a #1 QB.

I don't think he is a #2 or a #3. He was supposed to be the #2 and got replaced by Vinny. Then he became the #3 and can barely complete passes when he comes in. The guy is done. He won't be playing for anybody next year I don't think. Unless he gets a minimum offer for a QB or something. I just don't see a logical reason for ANY team to pick him up at this point. He is not what you would call a "young QB" anymore. He should be far more advanced at QBing than he is. I don't see why a team would pay him. You could easily get a younger QB with equal skills. Even to be a #3.

HOU-TEX
11-06-2007, 02:50 PM
Considering he's been wearing his little gloves for quite a while now, his hands are probably cosmetically gifted to become a hand model.

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/179/483832651_0eee6b01fa.jpg

drewmar74
11-06-2007, 03:29 PM
i gave him the benefit of the doubt. i figured maybe if he able to sit for a whole season he might be able to become a decent back up. looks like he going to be out of the league in a few WEEKS

Added to your statement above in bold......

I figure David is done at the end of the 2007 season. We'll see him in the obligatory "Notable free agents still waiting for the phone to ring" article that runs next August.

Vinny
11-06-2007, 05:02 PM
saw this on the Panther board and it was too good not to pass on

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b254/godsavelazy/7927_zoolandercarr.gif

Texans_Chick
11-06-2007, 05:58 PM

Good lord.

Spittake.

HoustonFrog
11-06-2007, 06:10 PM

That's Awesome!!Thanks for the laugh before heading home.

Texan_Bill
11-06-2007, 06:13 PM

That's funny as (blank)...

I see this working its way into the never dying Dante thread..

kastofsna
11-06-2007, 06:13 PM
should've been executed a lot better.

White Runningback
11-06-2007, 06:33 PM
http://www.carolinahuddle.com/forum/images/icons/icon1.gif Carr's new glove...
Now he can pause the pass rush

http://tonnikala.net/jutut/2003/gameon/img/powerglove.jpg

http://www.carolinahuddle.com/forum/carolina-panthers/63601-carrs-new-glove.html

OMG! Brilliant!

Texans_Chick
11-08-2007, 10:37 AM
David Carr has a concussion.

He is trying to make his doctors mad by staying active.

Testaverde Returns to Practice for Carolina (http://sports.aol.com/fanhouse/2007/11/08/testaverde-returns-to-practice-for-carolina/)

I never thought I would be quite so happy to see a 43-year-old quarterback return to action. David Carr has done terrible things to my brain.

As for Carr, he's going to miss some time after suffering a concussion late last week against Tennessee. He's responding by pissing off the one group he hasn't pissed off yet -- his doctors.

"I feel all right," Carr said, grinning. "The doctor said I'm concussed, whatever that means. They told me not to (practice). So I was out there doing push-ups and running, on the bike, doing that stuff, trying to make them mad."

Wow. Not only does Carr not know how to run an offense, he doesn't know what a concussion is. This begs the question: did the concussion have any actual impact on him? Who knows?

jlam
11-08-2007, 10:46 AM

He is trying to make his team's fans mad by staying active.

Testaverde Returns to Practice for Carolina (http://sports.aol.com/fanhouse/2007/11/08/testaverde-returns-to-practice-for-carolina/)

:cool:

Honoring Earl 34
11-08-2007, 12:05 PM

He is trying to make his doctors mad by staying active.

Doctor's ran test on Carr's brain and found nothing .

kastofsna
11-08-2007, 01:08 PM
you guys love him.

NitroGSXR
11-08-2007, 01:27 PM
Can anyone direct me to a negative comment by Steve Smith in regards to Carr's quarterbacking skills? I'd really appreciate it. It's kind of hard to sort through this massive data and try to find a negative comment which I believe Steve Smith has said.

Second Honeymoon
11-08-2007, 01:41 PM
Can anyone direct me to a negative comment by Steve Smith in regards to Carr's quarterbacking skills? I'd really appreciate it. It's kind of hard to sort through this massive data and try to find a negative comment which I believe Steve Smith has said.

I havent heard him saying anything that bad. I think he was yelling 'Feed Me' to the OC and DC on the sideline but that was in DC's 2nd start.

I havent really heard anything in the press since. Haynesworth whacked DC pretty good but I have actually heard Carolina OL blame themselves just like the Texans OL did back in the day. I think its kinda embarassing for the entire Carolina organization to be dealing with this. They were ignorant and naive enough to think that they had something special and even a possible long term starter in David Carr. I don't feel sorry for them one bit. Those who do not learn from history are destined to repeat it.

at least now we are getting credit for having such an enormous bust as our #1 overall pick. Now the rest of the nation is seeing just how bad the guy is and now maybe the guy can take his rightful seat on the throne of Worst #1 Overall Draft Pick QB of All Time. Couch was the consensus pick because everyone thought it was everyone else's fault and not Carr's. Couch wasn't good but he wasn't as bad as Carr is and was. Now people are seeing that and Carr can now be forever known as biggest #1overall QB bust as he should be. Sorry Tim, but DC wins by losing.

kastofsna
11-08-2007, 01:57 PM
i think just about every non-Texans fan looks at Couch as a bigger bust.

HoustonFrog
11-08-2007, 02:10 PM

I've made this argument before against Carr getting chances but here it is again....both drafted #1 by "expansion" teams....both had horrible O-lines to start or O-lines with injuries....both had horrible coaches/coordinators to start......yet Couch never gets the benefit of the doubt and Dave keeps getting excuses...well until now.

Blazing Arrow
11-08-2007, 02:15 PM

Tim Carr or David Couch (http://www.gotitans.com/goForum/showthread.php?t=20733&highlight=couch)

Might as well bump this thread ...

TexansSeminole
11-08-2007, 02:15 PM

Cleveland has a huge fan base and they get decent air time. Last year I was on vacation and I was talking to this Giants fan. He was trying to tell me that David Carr is a good quarterback and I asked him how many Texans games he had seen. He told me 2 maybe 3, so I told him that he was dead wrong because he had not seen him play. He then tried to tell me about the Texans OL and their inability to block, in which case I told him to stop repeating ESPN and take it from someone who has seen him play 70+ times, he sucks.

Most people don't know anything about the Texans. Other than we have Andre Johnson and Matt Schaub. People also know Mario Williams and DeMeco Ryans.

kastofsna
11-08-2007, 02:17 PM
I've made this argument before against Carr getting chances but here it is again....both drafted #1 by "expansion" teams....both had horrible O-lines to start or O-lines with injuries....both had horrible coaches/coordinators to start......yet Couch never gets the benefit of the doubt and Dave keeps getting excuses...well until now.
it didn't help that Couch was a douche to the fans and Carr has basically been a good guy.

TexansSeminole
11-08-2007, 02:19 PM
Doctor's ran test on Carr's brain and found nothing .

LOL @ that.

HoustonFrog
11-08-2007, 02:31 PM
Cleveland has a huge fan base and they get decent air time. Last year I was on vacation and I was talking to this Giants fan. He was trying to tell me that David Carr is a good quarterback and I asked him how many Texans games he had seen. He told me 2 maybe 3, so I told him that he was dead wrong because he had not seen him play. He then tried to tell me about the Texans OL and their inability to block, in which case I told him to stop repeating ESPN and take it from someone who has seen him play 70+ times, he sucks.

Most people don't know anything about the Texans. Other than we have Andre Johnson and Matt Schaub. People also know Mario Williams and DeMeco Ryans.

Rep. I've been saying this for years. Outside of Houston, even the big time sportscasters on ESPN and other places continually trotted out the same b.s. about "their O-line is horrible." Most had seen nothing but lowlights of Carr falling down or getting hit. They never saw the play develop or anything else. It was the company line until this year.

HoustonFrog
11-08-2007, 02:31 PM
it didn't help that Couch was a douche to the fans and Carr has basically been a good guy.

Maybe, I was just comparing situations...I love the word douche. I think Dave is one in his own right when it comes to the perma-smile and everything non-football but he is a good guy.

Double Barrel
11-08-2007, 02:39 PM
I think it's a mixture of both Carr and our o-line sucking. Plenty of blame to go around.

infantrycak
11-08-2007, 02:55 PM
I think it's a mixture of both Carr and our o-line sucking. Plenty of blame to go around.

True it is both, but here is a fun stat:

Texans on pace for 23 sacks v. 43 last year.

Carolina on pace for 38 sacks v. 32 last year.

Things that make you go hmmmmm.

What the heck here is another:

Texans on pace for 46 passes of 20+ and 16 of 40+ v. 29 and 3 last year.

Carolina on pace for 24 and 6 (and 2of the 3 40+ that project to 6 on the year were thrown by Delhomme--the 3rd was by Vinny) v. 37 and 7.

TexansSeminole
11-08-2007, 03:04 PM

Carolina on pace for 24 and 6 (and 2of the 3 40+ that project to 6 on the year were thrown by Delhomme--the 3rd was by Vinny) v. 37 and 7.

Nice stats.

Also, you can take into account how many sacks the Panthers missed out on when Delhomme and Vinny were playing. Even though Vinny is another sack addict.

TexanSam
11-08-2007, 03:04 PM
I can't see David Carr being in the league much longer. The guy is just flat out awful. He's not a #2 QB. He might be a #3 QB, but the only time 3rd string quarterbacks enter the game is during garbage when they're getting blown out, Carr's specialty

HoustonFrog
11-08-2007, 03:06 PM

Yup, exactly.

TexansSeminole
11-08-2007, 03:06 PM
I can't see David Carr being in the league much longer. The guy is just flat out awful. He's not a #2 QB. He might be a #3 QB, but the only time 3rd string quarterbacks enter the game is during garbage when they're getting blown out, Carr's specialty

Or you are just sooo unlucky that season and get 2 QBs hurt. Kinda like Carolina.

GP
11-08-2007, 04:13 PM

Wait a second...

Here's an even more alarming perspective:

2005: David succumbs to 68 sacks

2006 (Gary Kubiak era begins): David succumbs to 41 sacks (and 1 attributed to Sage)

2007: We're on pace for about 28 sacks.

A FORTY SACK difference from 2005 to 2007.

It's dropping by about 20-per-season.

It's getting to where when you are in the checkout line, at a supermarket, they ask you if you would prefer Paper Carr or Plastic Carr.

infantrycak
11-08-2007, 04:15 PM
2007: We're on pace for about 28 sacks.

A FORTY SACK difference from 2005 to 2007.

We're on pace for 23 sacks--a 45 sack difference.

Porky
11-08-2007, 04:43 PM

With essentially the same personell, especially from last year to this year.

GP
11-08-2007, 04:51 PM

NFL.com has Sage/Schaub at a combined 13 sacks...but I think I got messed up not realizing that this was through NINE games, not 8.

My bad.

BTW, I think Kubiak would be a fool to trot Schaub out against the Saints. Sage is on a roll, and Kubiak has said in his recent presser that "I'm not going to play Matt until Matt looks like 100% Matt..." or something to that effect.

This, IMO, is a perrrrfect statement for Kubiak to make...it gives Sage at least one more game, and Sage is arguably beginning to lead this team out of what was abit of a dead spot coming off the Panthers game. Kubiak should milk this for all it's worth. I think giving it back to Schaub too soon will be a setback for the morale of this team. They like Schaub, don't get me wrong, but this team has been with Sage forever.

You guys please don't persecute me for this, but Sage is a lot more mobile than Schaub--Especially in getting away from the center. With a better line, I think Schaub is a Ben Roethlisberger-type QB (Tall, big, and able to read defenses and go with the right read). But this line requires a guy to be quick on his feet, and Sage has Schaub beat (IMO) on that aspect. Grab a couple of beefy OL and Schaub will look like Big Ben. Guaranteed.

I would go with Sage until he shows he cannnot do it anymore--He has deserved it, even if it's for a few games this season; it's a lost season anyways. In fact, Iw ould not be surprised if Sage is starting somewhere next year due to the bad batch of QBs we have and the injuries that have hit starters this year.

I have never been a fan of the "Well, it's the starter's job as soon he's ready to go." Baloney. It's the head coach's CAREER if he doesn't get the W's.

And if Sage gets you the W's...you don't play musical QBs. There's more pride being lost on getting drubbed week after week rather than on who is playing QB and what the contract details are.

Second Honeymoon
11-08-2007, 04:52 PM
kastofsna? do you think Carr is better than Couch?

some people dont realize that Couch actually helped produce a winning season and a playoff berth. he wasn't the starter the whole year but they made the playoffs and he was injured so he didn't play. i beleive Kelly Holcombe ended up playing in the playoff game and they almost beat the Steelers, they actually should have beat them but choked late. Northcutt totally dropped a pass right in his hand that would have iced it.

carr is carrbage and its no wonder that our offense has finally looked like a real offense since his sorry act left our town once and for all. shame on carolina for buying into the ESPN take that it was everyone else's fault on the Texans. We know the truth now. It is an undeniable and unwavering truth. DAVID CARR SUCKS ****.

GP
11-08-2007, 04:59 PM

some people dont realize that Couch actually helped produce a winning season and a playoff berth. he wasn't the starter the whole year but they made the playoffs and he was injured so he didn't play. i beleive Kelly Holcombe ended up playing in the playoff game and they almost beat the Steelers, they actually should have beat them but choked late. Northcutt totally dropped a pass right in his hand that would have iced it.

carr is carrbage and its no wonder that our offense has finally looked like a real offense since his sorry act left our town once and for all. shame on carolina for buying into the ESPN take that it was everyone else's fault on the Texans. We know the truth now. It is an undeniable and unwavering truth. DAVID CARR SUCKS ****.

There is always SOME team that thinks they are smarter than everyone else.

It's a situation of thinking you can correct something. It's a false confidence.

It's gambling, actually.

You knew it was all over when the "sell" to David by a Panthers coach was this: "We're not going to try and change you, not going to try and mess with your mechanics..."

Pfft. I wish we could put an mp3 soundbite on the board...the sound of when a ghost eats you in Pac Man to signal that you're dead. When I read THAT, I knew it was curtains for David and Carolina.

I saw DBs easily making a better break on David's out passes (to the sideline), recently, because he has that MLB wind-up where he telegraphs that he's throwing the ball to a certain side--Add in the sidearm action and it takes longer for David to let the ball go. But what do I know, I'm just a fan of the game...

Him and Leftwich should star in Beverly Hills Quarterback.

Double Barrel
11-08-2007, 05:07 PM

While all true - and we know how stats only reveal part of the story, especially considering Carr sacked himself at least a third of the time - I just know that our new QB has been riding the pine with multiple injuries because our line failed to protect him on numerous occasions ('cept the concussion, which was just Schaub failing to know where he was at).

I figured our sack numbers would fall when DC left, but I still have no confidence in the line we roll out there.

Errant Hothy
11-08-2007, 05:11 PM

Isn't one of the QB no longer in the NFL, and one about to no longer be in the NFL?

Isn't this like asking what sucks more, getting kicked in the balls or getting kneed in the balls? They both suck.

infantrycak
11-08-2007, 05:17 PM
While all true - and we know how stats only reveal part of the story, especially considering Carr sacked himself at least a third of the time - I just know that our new QB has been riding the pine with multiple injuries because our line failed to protect him on numerous occasions ('cept the concussion, which was just Schaub failing to know where he was at).

I figured our sack numbers would fall when DC left, but I still have no confidence in the line we roll out there.

Totally agree the line still needs improvement, like two new starters next year at LT and C. That should tell you something though about the magnitude of the correction from just changing the QB. Schaub's injuries have come on two flagged plays, one while no pass protection was going on so I have a hard time putting those totally on the OL--would have been nice if Haynesworth wasn't in a position to even hit Schaub obviously so it is partially on them.

Honoring Earl 34
11-08-2007, 05:26 PM
Has any player ever made so much money performing so poorly ?

I guess this was one of the lessons Bob learned the hard way .... don't get to close to the help . Look what happened to Thomas Jefferson .

White Runningback
11-08-2007, 05:35 PM
Has any player ever made so much money performing so poorly ?

I guess this was one of the lessons Bob learned the hard way .... don't get to close to the help . Look what happened to Thomas Jefferson .

I don't know about numbers but these names ring a bell in the Houston Hall of Thievery:

Kelvin Cato
Matt Maloney
Mitch Williams
Greg Swindell
Doug Drabek

add names as you wish

TexansSeminole
11-08-2007, 05:44 PM
I don't know about numbers but these names ring a bell in the Houston Hall of Thievery:

Kelvin Cato
Matt Maloney
Mitch Williams
Greg Swindell
Doug Drabek

add names as you wish

Well Kelvin Cato was OK. Not sure how much we paid him though.

Doug Drabek had his kid playing baseball and football for The Woodlands...so now we can call that kid home-grown. He did something for us, I guess.

Texan_Bill
11-08-2007, 05:49 PM
I would leave Drabek and Swindell off the list. They actually did average here, but overall had pretty good careers..

Maloney and Cato on the other hand are good comparisons to DC...

Crap, I think we are still paying Maloney off :rolleyes:
J/K I know...

kastofsna
11-08-2007, 05:51 PM
With essentially the same personell, especially from last year to this year.
not to sound like i'm intentionally playing devil's advocate, but they're playing much better this year than last year.

disaacks3
11-08-2007, 06:18 PM
BTW, I think Kubiak would be a fool to trot Schaub out against the Saints. Sage is on a roll, and Kubiak has said in his recent presser that "I'm not going to play Matt until Matt looks like 100% Matt..." or something to that effect.

This, IMO, is a perrrrfect statement for Kubiak to make...it gives Sage at least one more game, and Sage is arguably beginning to lead this team out of what was abit of a dead spot coming off the Panthers game. Kubiak should milk this for all it's worth. I think giving it back to Schaub too soon will be a setback for the morale of this team. They like Schaub, don't get me wrong, but this team has been with Sage forever.

You guys please don't persecute me for this, but Sage is a lot more mobile than Schaub--Especially in getting away from the center. With a better line, I think Schaub is a Ben Roethlisberger-type QB (Tall, big, and able to read defenses and go with the right read). But this line requires a guy to be quick on his feet, and Sage has Schaub beat (IMO) on that aspect. Grab a couple of beefy OL and Schaub will look like Big Ben. Guaranteed.

I would go with Sage until he shows he cannnot do it anymore--He has deserved it, even if it's for a few games this season; it's a lost season anyways. In fact, Iw ould not be surprised if Sage is starting somewhere next year due to the bad batch of QBs we have and the injuries that have hit starters this year.

I have never been a fan of the "Well, it's the starter's job as soon he's ready to go." Baloney. It's the head coach's CAREER if he doesn't get the W's.

And if Sage gets you the W's...you don't play musical QBs. There's more pride being lost on getting drubbed week after week rather than on who is playing QB and what the contract details are.

After I stopped giggling...In response to the bolded sections:

Sage is on a roll to throw more interceptions than I thought possible..even against sub-par defenses.

I'm not sure Jesus could pull this team out of the injury-laden pit it has dug for itself. If we'd have had to rely on Sage's arm and judgement to win the Raiders game, it would never have happened.

Been with Sage forever? This isn't Sage's first stop & he's still a backup...that's NOT by accident.

Can't do WHAT anymore? Sage is still a SOLID backup who has too many quirks in his game to be a starter.

Please, tell me how many Wins are attributable to Sage. Please don't use the VY accounting method of his mere presence within 50yds. of the playing surface.

Double Barrel
11-08-2007, 08:00 PM
Totally agree the line still needs improvement, like two new starters next year at LT and C. That should tell you something though about the magnitude of the correction from just changing the QB. Schaub's injuries have come on two flagged plays, one while no pass protection was going on so I have a hard time putting those totally on the OL--would have been nice if Haynesworth wasn't in a position to even hit Schaub obviously so it is partially on them.

True on all counts. We've fixed the self-sacking problem by getting a QB that can actually get rid of the ball and feels the pocket, so now we just need to shore up the line itself. Hopefully it's a priority with this FO. Otherwise, we might start seeing fans gather their torches and pitchforks and head to Reliant.

Runner
11-08-2007, 10:04 PM

Always has been both. Problem is, that takes 2 bits to store. It only takes 1 bit to store either it was all Carr or all the line.

0 - All Carr
1 - All the line

00 - neither Carr nor the line
01 - All Carr
10 - All the line
11 - Both Carr and the line

Funny thing though - they have a 45 sack drop and a corresponding drop in the running game. It isn't supposed to be a zero sum game! They need to do both at once.

Feel free to apply the 1 bit lesson (also known as the gray area principle to the analog types) to other arguments here as well. :)

Napa Auto Parts
11-08-2007, 10:56 PM
we all knew david carr was a no good for nothing QB he might be a good human being but thats about it. Damn You Charlie Casserly for ruining our franchise in the 1st year.

2BCF
11-09-2007, 12:27 AM
Well Kelvin Cato was OK. Not sure how much we paid him though.

Doug Drabek had his kid playing baseball and football for The Woodlands...so now we can call that kid home-grown. He did something for us, I guess.

Contract was for $42,000,000 over 6 yrs.

4Texans
11-09-2007, 07:53 AM

You may be right. I think because we kept DC as QB here for 5 years, people would believe that Couch was a bigger bust, and people put too much blame on our OL. We paid the OL a lot of money, but DC pocketed quite a bit for himself.

kastofsna
11-09-2007, 08:08 AM
plus, Carr got another job after being cut by the Texans. and is actually starting. Couch was signed by the Packers but quickly cut.

2BCF
11-09-2007, 10:57 AM
You may be right. I think because we kept DC as QB here for 5 years, people would believe that Couch was a bigger bust, and people put too much blame on our OL. We paid the OL a lot of money, but DC pocketed quite a bit for himself.

And Carr would have never lasted 5 yrs anywhere else.
He wasted our time and money cuz McNair couldn't let go.

Look at the Carolina, they already know he's garbage.

Texan_Bill
11-09-2007, 11:04 AM
Look at the Carolina, they already know he's garbage.

I have been reading their boards, and they are destroying DC.. Some go as far as to say ".. should have listened to those Texans fans...."

In one thread, they were all over Mr. White at the beginning and then singing his praises towards the end.

MightyTExan
11-09-2007, 11:09 AM
Notebook: Carr: If concussions become a problem, I’ll hang it up
http://www.gastongazette.com/sports/carr_12627___article.html/week_panthers.html

“Health is first and family is first. Football is fun. But that’s not something you mess around with,” said Carr, who suffered his second career concussion this past Sunday against Tennessee.
“I have three boys at home and a family and after all this is done that is where I’m going to be spending my time. I don’t want to have to have the same intellectual level as my 7-year-old son right now.”

infantrycak
11-09-2007, 11:22 AM
"I don’t want to have to have the same intellectual level as my 7-year-old son right now.”

And David hangs one over the plate.

kastofsna
11-09-2007, 11:24 AM
that ball would be too weak for a home run derby.

4Texans
11-09-2007, 11:25 AM
I have been reading their boards, and they are destroying DC.. Some go as far as to say ".. should have listened to those Texans fans...."

In one thread, they were all over Mr. White at the beginning and then singing his praises towards the end.

DC's family doesn't even post anymore to defend him...

GlassHalfFull

You must spread rep around yada yada yada....

Texan_Bill
http://www.gastongazette.com/sports/carr_12627___article.html/week_panthers.html

“Health is first and family is first.

Which is it DC, health or family first???

Second Honeymoon

no doubt icak. even a hack like Carlos Mencia or the Smothers Brothers could have hit that one out of the park.

4Texans
11-09-2007, 11:44 AM
. I don’t want to have to have the same intellectual level as my 7-year-old son right now.”

:specnatz:

Hey kids, line up and take a swing at the penata......:dangit:

Brandon420tx
11-09-2007, 11:45 AM
I find the jokes jokes about opposing defenses triple teaming Steve Smith and Blitzing 8 people on Carr the funniest

Case in point.

Originally Posted by carolinarolls
Atlanta is going to destroy the Panthers. Smitty will get doubled all day. There will be at least 8 in the box. They will focus on stopping the run, which I am sad to say, is all we have.
4-5

In Response

Originally Posted by VT4EVER
I didn't know Carr was starting.....

The Good News for the Panthers is Vinny T. MIGHT start this weekend ... if not, I hope they play that rookie, or direct snap it to the Running Backs.

ATX
11-09-2007, 12:41 PM
This thread ALWAYS brings a smile to my face. I don't know why exactly, but everything and I mean everything I read on the Panthers forum and hear from the media is just too deja vu for me. Some of the posts on their boards seem like they copy and pasted from our board over the past few years. :whip:

I guess it's hard for me to feel sorry for him failing as a professional football player considering he's made millions for basically sucking. Almost envy him for his ability to steal that much money and probably retire before he is 30.

Honoring Earl 34
11-09-2007, 12:47 PM

I wonder if the Texans had the quote police watching after Carr ?

I can see the Panthers trying to convince Carr that he's not right . Team Doctor says ... I saw Aikman and Steve Young with concusions and you're worse . Carr says ... I like Troy Aiman ... you mean we're alike ?

texasguy346
11-09-2007, 01:03 PM
I wonder if the Texans had the quote police watching after Carr ?

I can see the Panthers trying to convince Carr that he's not right . Team Doctor says ... I saw Aikman and Steve Young with concusions and you're worse . Carr says ... I like Troy Aiman ... you mean we're alike ?

That or John Fox will go after Carr with a baseball bat every week in pre-game warmups until he hangs up the mickey mouse gloves.

Honoring Earl 34
11-09-2007, 01:23 PM
That or John Fox will go after Carr with a baseball bat every week in pre-game warmups until he hangs up the mickey mouse gloves.

I guess this is actually sad . It shows that David has no clue about the world he's in and is quite sheltered .

There's another Panther named Dan Morgan who would love to have Carr's health but can't catch a break . While that in itself is sad that Morgan tries to comeback after 6 concusions ... they aint playing tag ... it's the world they live in and it's who most of them are .

I just sit and steam about how much time we wasted waiting for David Carr to lead the Texans . He is 180 out of what it takes to lead .

Double Barrel
11-09-2007, 03:52 PM
"Football is fun." ~ David Carr

I hope I never hear him say this again. I just reminds me of his medicore mentality.

You see competitors like Brady and Manning, among many others, that get pissed when they play bad even in a winning effort. You see guys like Dunta Robinson who hate losing with such a passion that their anger just seeths through their words and attitude. NONE of them excuse away mistakes and stupidity because they are having fuuuuuun.

While it will be an endless debate with regards to Carr vs. the o-line, I think the dude is a loser and would have sucked in the NFL regardless of what team he was on. Our first QB probably would have been setting sack records in the first year, too, but we can fix the o-line over time (in theory). You cannot fix a player's brain who accepts losing as long as he's having fuuuuuun.

GP
11-09-2007, 04:32 PM

“Health is first and family is first. Football is fun. But that’s not something you mess around with,” said Carr, who suffered his second career concussion this past Sunday against Tennessee.
“I have three boys at home and a family and after all this is done that is where I’m going to be spending my time. I don’t want to have to have the same intellectual level as my 7-year-old son right now.”

Gee, I sorta' thought that's where he was at all the time anyways...

...Taking film home, eating some Froot Loops with the "Fam" while he catches up on how he's going to be able to get that 5-yard out pattern working against the next opponent.

Yeah, David. You've got a lot to think about there.

This concussion situation is the perfect "out" for him. I think he knows he's not going to make it. He had that squirrely look on his face in all the photos I saw of him in Panthers camp this summer...the sort of look that says "I wonder how long it's going to take until they find me out around here."

Here's my prediction: He quits at the end of the year, citing health problems from all those sacks he took as a Texans QB...and the few he took as a Panther just sealed the deal.

This is tailor-made for David. Bank on it.

GlassHalfFull
11-09-2007, 04:35 PM

...Taking film home, eating some Froot Loops with the "Fam" while he catches up on how he's going to be able to get that 5-yard out pattern working against the next opponent.

This concussion situation is the perfect "out" for him. I think he knows he's not going to make it. He had that squirrely look on his face in all the photos I saw of him in Panthers camp this summer...the sort of look that says "I wonder how long it's going to take until they find me out around here."

Here's my prediction: He quits at the end of the year, citing health problems from all those sacks he took as a Texans QB...and the few he took as a Panther just sealed the deal.

I bet you a million dollars you are ... umm... right... nevermind.:user:

Texan_Bill
11-09-2007, 04:46 PM
Saw this on the Carolina board.
Its from an ESPN article: Page 2 - Catching up with the NFL... (http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=fleming/071107&sportCat=nfl)

Link to Panthers board: The Huddle (http://www.carolinahuddle.com/forum/carolina-panthers/63918-espns-fleming-some-interesting-notes-panthers-titans.html)

TT0N24: Line of the week comes from a columnist in Nashville who said the reason QB David Carr wears gloves is so he won't leave fingerprints on these horrific performances. You look at his body language and it reminds you of Joey Harrington and Tim Couch: a guy who was just hoping for the final whistle to blow. Young takes a lot of risks with the ball but that beats a guy like Carr who looks afraid to throw the thing 6 yards downfield. He makes me miss Vinny. Did I just say that?

LMAO!!

Honoring Earl 34
11-09-2007, 04:48 PM

Bob McNair will take a cue from Drayton and sign Carr to a personal service contract .

TexansSeminole
11-09-2007, 04:54 PM
I can see David Carr acting as if concussions ended his career after he gets waived in Carolina and nobody calls him.

GP
11-10-2007, 05:22 PM
David Carr is still awful.

Just thought I'd update the situation.

:mail:

StarStruck
11-10-2007, 05:27 PM
Is Hulk still championing David's skills as quarterback, and if so what name is he using now?

2BCF
11-11-2007, 01:48 AM
Is Hulk still championing David's skills as quarterback, and if so what name is he using now?

At carolinahuddle, I believe he's Carr8<33'sGross69

Spled
11-11-2007, 04:35 PM
Looks like Carolina didn't get any better without Carr.
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/boxscore;_ylt=Aj7pBcgLLhqeZwWAohjuBE0isLYF?gid=200 71111029

kastofsna
11-11-2007, 05:01 PM
yeah, ugly game, there's a lot more to blame than just Carr for the Panthers.

brakos82
11-11-2007, 05:02 PM
yeah, ugly game, there's a lot more to blame than just Carr for the Panthers.
No, no there isn't.

4Texans
11-11-2007, 05:08 PM

On pantherfanz.com he was 8westcoastpanther8. He never outed himself officially, though TexanBill tried to call him out and he denied it. His threads and post were just too Hulk like.

adam
11-11-2007, 06:12 PM
Wow, that was...erm...wow.

David Carr is a joke. Did anyone see the one sack Haynesworth got against the Panthers? He got one arm on Carr and he just flung to the ground. He has no business being in the NFL. Maybe he should just retire and become a Abercrombie model or something.

GlassHalfFull
11-11-2007, 06:28 PM
Wow, that was...erm...wow.

David Carr is a joke. Did anyone see the one sack Haynesworth got against the Panthers? He got one arm on Carr and he just flung to the ground. He has no business being in the NFL. Maybe he should just retire and become a Abercrombie model or something.

Carr played today? I thought he was out with a concussion.

adam
11-11-2007, 07:22 PM
Carr played today? I thought he was out with a concussion.

No, he's injured. I was referring to last week when they played the Titans.