View Full Version : All Encompassing Carr Thread

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4

Corrosion
03-05-2008, 11:08 AM
This thread should be dead ..... Just like HWWNBM's career

Second Honeymoon
03-05-2008, 12:43 PM

Carr Sucked And Was Released. And We All Lived Happily Ever After.

THE END

The Pencil Neck
03-05-2008, 01:17 PM
Carr Sucked And Was Released. And We All Lived Happily Ever After.

THE END

:locked:

infantrycak
03-05-2008, 01:21 PM
:locked:

I would, but someone will just start another Carr thread later--consider this the trash receptacle.

GlassHalfFull
03-05-2008, 01:24 PM

Lord Voldemort?

Please :locked:

RIP Carr Thread

Wolf
03-10-2008, 06:53 PM
http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/giants/2008/03/giants-to-talk-with-carr-about.html

reminds me of a Steve Wariner song

Some fools never learn
Play with the fire
And you're gonna get burned

The Giants will continue their search for a new veteran backup quarterback tomorrow night when they begin a free-agent visit with David Carr.

Carr, the No. 1 overall pick back in 2002, will arrive in town tomorrow night and visit with the Giants for most of the day on Wednesday. As I’ve told you before, teams don’t often visit with players unless they intend to offer them contracts, and usually their hope is to sign the player before he leaves.

In other words, stay tuned. Things could happen fast.

Carr never quite lived up to expectations during his five years with the Houston Texans. He then spent last year as a backup in Carolina, where he made only four starts. If the 28-year-old does sign with the Giants, he’d be reunited with Chris Palmer,

Hookem ....somebody has a voodoo doll out for you if he signs

feebleminded
03-10-2008, 07:24 PM
Carr never quite lived up to expectations during his five years with the Houston Texans. :wow:

Can you imagine the field day that the NY media would have if he ever saw any playing time? That kind of situation could sure help sell a lot of papers.:hmmm:

ChampionTexan
03-10-2008, 07:54 PM
:wow:

Can you imagine the field day that the NY media would have if he ever saw any playing time? That kind of situation could sure help sell a lot of papers.:hmmm:

Makes sense from Carr's standpoint - with the durability that Eli's shown (hasn't missed a start in at least three years), it's one of the least likely places for Carr to have to play. That should be the #1 thing on Carr's list of things to look for if he ever signs again - Durability in the guy (or two guys) ahead of me on the depth chart.

Don't ask me what the Giants see in it.

Koolaid Time
03-10-2008, 08:06 PM

Me either.... but I see the headline in the New York Daily News:

"Mittens takes Manhattan"

Joe Texan
03-10-2008, 08:22 PM

Probably the fetal position for the franchise if Eli goes down

Blazing Arrow
03-10-2008, 08:49 PM
Possibly the willy Giants are going to start a new style of wear down offense by putting Carr in for the 1st quarter and allowing the D to tier out from sacking him so much. A fresh eli steps in and mops the floor with the worn out D player and subs that are forced to come in. :thinking:

ChampionTexan
03-10-2008, 10:28 PM
Me either.... but I see the headline in the New York Daily News:

"Mittens takes Manhattan"

That's Mr. Mittens if you don't mind.

BigBull17
03-10-2008, 11:26 PM
Possibly the willy Giants are going to start a new style of wear down offense by putting Carr in for the 1st quarter and allowing the D to tier out from sacking him so much. A fresh eli steps in and mops the floor with the worn out D player and subs that are forced to come in. :thinking:

That could be the funniest thing Ive read in a while...And so true.

Kaiser Toro
03-10-2008, 11:56 PM

Muhammad Ali called it the rope a dope, in Texan country we called it the Fresno Flop. Unfortunately we never got a chance to see the River.

HoustonFrog
03-11-2008, 09:43 AM
:wow:

That is the first thing I thought. Not only that but playing in an area where wind and weather makes being a QB that much harder. We could see some Garo Yepremium type running around and throws.

Hervoyel
03-12-2008, 10:54 AM
I can't get over the idea that Mr. Mittens might warm the bench and somehow end up wearing a Super Bowl ring by the end of his career. That would be an undeniable sign that there is no justice in this world.

Carr wearing a Super Bowl ring (unearned of course). I think I just threw up a little in my mouth.

Porky
03-12-2008, 11:12 AM
I can't get over the idea that Mr. Mittens might warm the bench and somehow end up wearing a Super Bowl ring by the end of his career. That would be an undeniable sign that there is no justice in this world.

Carr wearing a Super Bowl ring (unearned of course). I think I just threw up a little in my mouth.

I didn't. I threw up something that looks like technicolor dreamcoat. I didn't stop at my mouth.

Wolf
03-12-2008, 11:14 AM

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2221/1560664843_da39375253.jpg

Herv that was a weinersnitzelish comment

Honoring Earl 34
03-12-2008, 11:38 AM
http://boards.giants.com/forums/thread/767184.aspx

Wolf
03-12-2008, 11:44 AM

Earl that is awesome,

BTW has anyone put an APB on Hookem or checked to see if he has a pulse since this news ...maybe we might have to check on him IF Carr signs

Honoring Earl 34
03-12-2008, 11:46 AM
Earl that is awesome,

BTW has anyone put an APB on Hookem or checked to see if he has a pulse since this news ...maybe we might have to check on him IF Carr signs

Did you see the part about the gameshow ... priceless .

Blazing Arrow
03-12-2008, 11:47 AM

That is classic .... so many people actually want Carr it is funny.

I love the Top Model comment in the first post. Can any of you tell me you are suprised?

1. Carr played well for the Texans his last season. They pretty much released him to try and appease the fans. He's pretty good...not Pro Bowl, not franchise, but as a backup to Eli I'd feel comfortable with him over anyone else we have and anyone else out there (whoever says Harrington has NEVER seen him play or has no idea about football). I'd personally be pleased with the move for the right price.

santo
03-12-2008, 11:55 AM

I love the Top Model comment in the first post. Can any of you tell me you are suprised?

That comment was probably written by his brother, the poster formerly known as Hulk75.

:pirate:

Honoring Earl 34
03-12-2008, 11:57 AM

The Panthers fans were doing the same thing last year . That is until we kicked the butt in Charlotte .

This is a typical reaction ...opens a jug of Carr Koolaid ... gulp gulp gulp . He's really not bad it's that every offensive lineman was bad , they never had weapons , and never had an OC . What the hell is he doing ... throw the freakin ball ... throw the freakin ball more than three yards ... hold onto the freakin ball .

Who said this guy could play ... what's up with the gloves ... OMG .

Hardcore Texan
03-12-2008, 12:02 PM
Someone should gives those Giant fans a link to our board and this thread......all the ever need to know about Carr is right here.

One of them had this to say:

I say "who cares" to whomever the back-up QB is.

Face facts. If our back-up gets ANY significant playing time whatsoever, we're pretty well completely screwed.

Doesn't matter if its Carr, Harrington, Brunell, Wright, J Load. Any team who loses their stating QB is 9/10 screwed. The 1/10 times is so rare that it's almost pure freakin' luck.

Doesn't matter who the back-up is..

Sage Rosenfels would disagree as would most teams in the NFL. It is VERY important to have a capable back-up in this league, and Carr is not the way for them to go.

Wolf
03-12-2008, 12:21 PM
this was on someones myspace page.. and no it wasn't on Carr's

but I thought about it
http://www.purplekittens.com/waynegianthands.jpg

HOU-TEX
03-12-2008, 03:23 PM
According to this cat, he's a Giant now.

QB David Carr has agreed to terms of a one-year deal with the Giants, according to a person familiar with the negotiations who is not authorized to speak for the Giants.

http://www.nj.com/giants/

Vinny
03-12-2008, 03:25 PM

http://www.nj.com/giants/so much for the Giant dynasty. Welcome to the world of Carrbage time.

Vinny
03-12-2008, 03:29 PM
You gotta love this post...

I appreciate your opinion on this subject, but couldn't you have expressed it in one of the 3 OTHER David Carr threads easily found on the front page?nothing divides a fan base faster than a QB with girl hair and gloves. It's only a matter of time before their fans are at each others throats. :popcorn:

Wolf
03-12-2008, 03:34 PM
vinny can you do us a favor and use your resources to find Hookem

just to make sure he is ok...
I worry about his well being

Vinny
03-12-2008, 03:38 PM
vinny can you do us a favor and use your resources to find Hookem

just to make sure he is ok...
I worry about his well being
he logged on yesterday around 5pm, so he is around....he has been pretty busy.

Wolf
03-12-2008, 03:45 PM
he logged on yesterday around 5pm, so he is around....he has been pretty busy.

I feel for him.. hopefully Eli doen't go down (IF Carr makes the team)

Vinny
03-12-2008, 03:46 PM
I feel for him.. hopefully Eli doen't go down (IF Carr makes the team)Don't feel too bad. It's not always that your two favorite teams have God's chosen one run their scout team.

badboy
03-12-2008, 03:46 PM

http://www.nj.com/giants/I thought David was to be our first choice to back up Schaub when we trade Sage for a 1st round pick?:music: (my eyes are closed and my ears are covered up, but please be nice to me.)

Wolf
03-12-2008, 03:59 PM
http://shop.com.edgesuite.net/ccimg.shop.com/230000/230900/230966/products/48874043.jpg

buy stock now !
http://www.shop.com/+-a-New+York+Giants+gloves-p63551127-k36-st.shtml

new york ,fashion, David Carr .. you see where I am going :specnatz:

Yankee_In_TX
03-12-2008, 04:01 PM
Wow, to steal from sports radio:

Where do you put a QB who was benched so that he could build confidence and wouldn't be boo'ed? (Carr)

NY. Brilliant!

What is Palmer doing?!?!

Mr. White
03-12-2008, 04:02 PM
You knew that some OC was pompous enough to think that he'd be the one to fix this guy.

Kevin Gilbride must think he's the guy for the job. I'll bet ol' Hefty Lefty has better fundamentals at this point.

Mr. White
03-12-2008, 04:11 PM
What is Palmer doing?!?!

I stand corrected. I thought this was Gilbride's call. No doubt Palmer wants to bring him in so they can re-live their past glories.

If nothing else, it'll be interesting to see Carr added to the cast of characters. Giants fans better hope that Eli doesn't go down. If Carr thought the media was bad in Houston..........

Wolf
03-12-2008, 04:14 PM
one million dollars plus incentives

wow

ChampionTexan
03-12-2008, 04:15 PM
You knew that some OC was pompous enough to think that he'd be the one to fix this guy.

Insanely enough, it probably had more to do with Chris Palmer being the QB coach. Maybe he figures he can undo all the bad coaching that David received early in his NFL career.:)

HoustonFrog
03-12-2008, 04:16 PM
I didn't read the link but I think he is lucky to make the team and could be third string. I mean crap, I played WR/DB in high school. Will someone sign me?I was athletic. That is the equivalent of signing Vidal Sasoon Carr right now. I hope their board is ready for IronMan75 telling them how he should start over Eli.

GlassHalfFull
03-12-2008, 04:18 PM
Oh, the irony. The panthers boards were full of fans telling the Texans fans to shut up, when the Texans posters tried to warn them last year. Bad o-line....

Now, the Giants board will be filled with Panthers fans warning them how horrible Carr is...

What goes around comes around.

I also think Carr is a jinx, and this guarantees Eli will go down early in the season.

Wolf
03-12-2008, 04:21 PM
I also think Carr is a jinx, and this guarantees Eli will go down early in the season.
:hmmm: brainstorming here

wonder what would happen if you put Carr on the cover of Madden.

does the two jinxes cancel each other out or does the earth get swallowed into a vortex, leaving no trace except for Carr's perfect locks(gloves have to go with him)
:splits:

GlassHalfFull
03-12-2008, 04:23 PM
:hmmm: brainstorming here

wonder what would happen if you put Carr on the cover of Madden.

does the two jinxes cancel each other out or does the earth get swallowed into a vortex, leaving no trace except for Carr's perfect locks(gloves have to go with him):splits:

correct answer in bold. Luckily, Madden is not that senile yet.

Texans_Chick
03-12-2008, 04:30 PM
Carr and Palmer were friends.

Palmer is a very likeable guy and Carr is a known quantity. Carr said all the right stuff when Pendry came on (at first), but he really liked Palmer.

Palmer was probably too soft on Carr when he came into the league, and I don't think he did a good job of communicating the unwritten rules of being an NFL quarterback. You know, that maybe having your dad hanging around practice all the time is not cool.

Carr is a very good practice quarterback because he can't get hit and is more relaxed in his decision making, and won't make waves with the starter. Last year would have been an impossible year for Carr to be a backup to Eli because of Eli's own problems and the media market. This year, not a problem.

There's no sense clowning the Giants for picking up a backup quarterback. Given who is available and Carr's relationship with Palmer, it makes some sense for the Giants. But yeah, they have to hope he never sees the field.

Second Honeymoon
03-12-2008, 04:36 PM
congrats to the Giants for going from Super Bowl champion to making the stupidest move in the history of the league. congrats indeed.

well, here is to hoping that Carr hits the field this year. nothing would make me happier than seeing that loser get his ass whooped in front of the forgiving NY media. this could get really fun.

Double Barrel
03-12-2008, 04:58 PM
The NY media loves it some bangin' hair, so DC has got that going for him.

Congrats to him if it works out, though. I don't hate/dislike the guy as a person, so I have no ill will towards the dude.

I'm just glad he's not on our team anymore. :howdy:

Second Honeymoon
03-12-2008, 05:02 PM
The NY media loves it some bangin' hair, so DC has got that going for him.

Congrats to him if it works out, though. I don't hate/dislike the guy as a person, so I have no ill will towards the dude.

I'm just glad he's not on our team anymore. :howdy:

too bad we don't play NY this year. sadly, delhomme didn't get knocked out until we had already played the Panthers last year. I really want to see him get wtfpwned by the Texans defense.

i don't want the guy to die or anything, but he does deserve a big asswhooping for everything he put his thru in this town.

Double Barrel
03-12-2008, 05:04 PM
i don't want the guy to die or anything, but he does deserve a big asswhooping for everything he put his thru in this town.

Unless, of course, they're playing the Cowboys. I'd root for Davie to whip Oklahoma's team every single time!

Second Honeymoon
03-12-2008, 05:07 PM
Unless, of course, they're playing the Cowboys. I'd root for Davie to whip Oklahoma's team every single time!

never. never. never. he would be lucky to have success against Texas State or Sam Houston

RosenfelsIsMyQB
03-12-2008, 05:32 PM
From NFL.com

The New York Giants reached agreement with free-agent quarterback David Carr on a one-year, $1 million deal that also includes other incentives, NFL Network's Adam Schefter is reporting.

The Giants will be the third team in as many years for the former No. 1 overall pick (2002).

In six games -- including four starts -- last season Carr completed 53.7 percent of his passes for 635 yards, three touchdowns and five interceptions. In continuing with a theme from throughout his career, Carr was sacked 13 times. Over six seasons, Carr has been sacked 262 times.

BSofA04
03-12-2008, 05:33 PM
Thread merged

Malloy
03-12-2008, 05:36 PM
Now THATS quality backup :)

Wolf
03-12-2008, 05:45 PM
Now we know why Tampa signed even more QB's earlier.. to force the giants hand to get Carr LOL

Honoring Earl 34
03-12-2008, 06:01 PM
I have found Second Honeymoon on the Giants board .

http://boards.giants.com/forums/thread/769335.aspx

Wolf
03-12-2008, 06:10 PM

oh my stars wow

drewmar74
03-12-2008, 07:42 PM
The New York Giants reached agreement with free-agent quarterback David Carr on a one-year, $1 million deal that also includes other incentives, NFL Network's Adam Schefter is reporting.

$1M in NYC equals what, maybe $45K in the deep south?

ObsiWan
03-12-2008, 07:46 PM
OMG!!

Zoolander LIVES!!!

from nfl.com

Giants coach Tom Coughlin called Carr a talented, athletic player.

"We look forward to working with him on the fundamentals of the game," Coughlin said. "We do have some technical things to work on, but we are anxious to work with him in our program. If we can place him in a positive environment, perhaps he can reclaim some of the things that people saw to draft him in the first round."

Translation: He's camp fodder.

drewmar74
03-12-2008, 07:49 PM
Meh, I'd be surprised if he's on the roster come week 1.

And, if he is, I feel terrible for the Giants fans because I just don't think that Lil' Davey has any nerve left. He'll buckle like a belt under the pressure.

Koolaid Time
03-12-2008, 09:16 PM
Carr just proved P. T. Barnum was right...

There is a sucker born every day....

Wolf
03-12-2008, 09:23 PM

I am curious if Isaah Thomas moved from Knicks to Giants

Honoring Earl 34
03-12-2008, 09:27 PM
Satan tells Tom Coughlin ( deep Satan voice ) ... Tom it is time . Coughlin responds ... you want my soul for that super bowl right .

Satan says ... that would be to easy ... you will have a fait much worse .

Coughlin ... no you can't ... you're mad ... not that ... nooooooooooooo !!!

Satan ... that''s right ... you will sign David Carr ... Ha ha ha !!!

HoustonFrog
03-12-2008, 09:41 PM
Meh, I'd be surprised if he's on the roster come week 1.
And, if he is, I feel terrible for the Giants fans because I just don't think that Lil' Davey has any nerve left. He'll buckle like a belt under the pressure.

I said the same thing. As I have always said...good man, horrible QB and I can't believe people still act like he is even capable of taking over if he has to.

drewmar74
03-12-2008, 09:55 PM
And yet people keep giving him opportunities.

Makes quite a statement about how thin the pool is at QB.

BSofA04
03-12-2008, 10:03 PM
Satan tells Tom Coughlin ( deep Satan voice ) ... Tom it is time . Coughlin responds ... you want my soul for that super bowl right .

LOL!! I'm imagining the Satan voice from South Park. This post deserved some rep.

Second Honeymoon
03-12-2008, 10:51 PM

sorry but that isnt me...it was George Vreeland Hill....whoever the F that is....

pretty shrewd of the dude to use his full legal name to sign his posts, though...i guess that means he is serious or something

meh, even my girlfriend was like 'WTF, someone signed Carr?' When I told her it was the Super Bowl Champion NY Giants, she had this puzzled look on her face and I told her that some coaches have huge egos, and think they can be the one to finally fix someone. The crazy thing is that Carr already got Palmer fired once, why not go for the double? I will say that Gilbride's offense does dink and dunk alot (as we all know from the Pardee run n gun years) and Carr has shown the ability to do that but unless they change his mechanics especially his release point and trajectory, he will never be able to pull those throws off without him constantly getting his passes batted down (probably the biggest flaw in Carr's game...reliance on passing lanes)

Geez, I even think I know enough about football to attempt to address Carr's shortcomings and make him serviceable but the problem is that with the beatings he has taken and with him only getting older each day. By the time you develop him into something worth a crap he will be in his mid-30s.....no reward. I also think the Giants are forgetting about the value of having an intelligent and learned backup QB for signal calling and for practice. Carr is far from a student of the game, so what does he bring to the table. Granted, Manning knows more football than most of his coaches but I don't see anything for the Giants to gain by signing Carr.

I am just being real. Fix his trajectory and mechanics, fix his pace on his dropbacks, and force him to watch tape and study the playbook. If you do those things, you may have an average to above average backup QB. The problem is that there are a lot of QBs, even fat ass Lorenzen, who are better fits. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Another thing you could fix with Carr is his inability to accept responsibility for his failures.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3290086

"Chris knows me better than anybody," Carr told ESPN.com. "I'm looking forward to getting in there and working with him on what's right and wrong with my mechanics."

Carr, 28, spent last season with Carolina and struggled after taking over for an injured Jake Delhomme. Carr was the No. 1 overall pick in 2002 by Houston and spent the first five years of his career there.

He is expected to compete for the backup job behind Eli Manning.

"I have a lot of calluses," Carr said, according to The Associated Press. "I'm like an old carpenter I've been through it. If you let that stuff affect you, you're not going to be able to do your job. One of the reasons I'm excited about coming here is they protect the quarterback well and they have playmakers on the outside."

Yeah Andre Johnson and Steve Smith are just HORRIBLE playmakers on the outside....its always someone else's fault, huh, Carr?
what a freakin joke this guy is. truly pathetic professional.

well one day this thread will end...but it looks like it just got some new life...in NY no less. hahha. coming home from little league to hear that Carr got signed by the Giants and the Rockets won their 20th in a row, was a nice touch to the evening.

Good night, yall.

Hervoyel
03-12-2008, 11:27 PM
The whole thing looks very familiar. They're just like the Panthers were a year ago and if they end up having to rely on Carr this year at all then they'll see the same things that Panther fans saw. It really tells you a lot about how little most fans in other cities ever know about the Texans. They all make the same assumptions about the line, the coaching (even when the guy they have coaching Eli is the same guy who was here coaching Carr!) and the player.

TexanSam
03-12-2008, 11:44 PM
I like this goodie from the Giants board

I see this move as purely a competative move. Carr will push Eli for the starting job a lot harder than JLo (which I do not believe Carr will get ultimately). Carr will definately push Eli a lot harder to perform well more consistantly because Carr will be waiting in the Wings.

Second Honeymoon
03-12-2008, 11:50 PM
The whole thing looks very familiar. They're just like the Panthers were a year ago and if they end having to rely on Carr this year at all then they'll see the same things that Panther fans saw. It really tells you a lot about how little most fans in other cities ever know about the Texans. They all make the same assumptions about the line, the coaching (even when the guy they have coaching Eli is the same guy who was here coaching Carr!) and the player.

no truer words have been spoken. classic east coast myopia. they are ignorant of the fact that our OL wasn't the problem with our sack numbers. it was the signal caller's fault to a large extent...and Carolina found that out...now its time for the Super Bowl Champions to find that out.

it would be something special to see Carr and his mittens take heat from the vile NY media. Wow, this could get really surreal. Mittens Takes Manhattan (credit to another poster but cant remember who for that title)

Second Honeymoon
03-12-2008, 11:53 PM
I like this goodie from the Giants board

OMFG. are you kidding me. COMPETE with Eli for the starting job?!?!?!?!? Is this guy a Giants fan or a Carr family member? That is just priceless.

Guy wins a Super Bowl and you think Carr is going to push him for the job. Classic fantasy football attitude. Putting more value into where a guy was picked than how the guy plays the freaking game we love called NFL Football.

TexanSam
03-12-2008, 11:59 PM
they are ignorant of the fact that our OL wasn't the only problem with our sack numbers. it was the signal caller's fault to a large extent...and Carolina found that out...now its time for the Super Bowl Champions to find that out.

fixed

Second Honeymoon
03-13-2008, 12:07 AM
fixed

its not all Carr's fault but he was the problem.

Texans_Chick
03-13-2008, 12:14 AM
The whole thing looks very familiar. They're just like the Panthers were a year ago and if they end having to rely on Carr this year at all then they'll see the same things that Panther fans saw. It really tells you a lot about how little most fans in other cities ever know about the Texans. They all make the same assumptions about the line, the coaching (even when the guy they have coaching Eli is the same guy who was here coaching Carr!) and the player.

Doing my small part to help education national audiences on anything Texans semi-related:

David Carr Blames Others for His Quarterback Failings, Claims He Is Like a Carpenter. Huh? (http://sports.aol.com/fanhouse/2008/03/13/david-carr-blames-others-for-his-quarterback-failings-claims-he/)

I tried to be nice. And factual. And provide helpful links.

Those who still believes that David Carr has the potential to be a good quarterback if he gets into a better situation are dealing with matters of hope and faith and nothing based in any reality that I know.

Easy to link at a MB.

Trap_Star
03-13-2008, 12:16 AM
"football is fun...you just have to go out there and have fun..."

ChampionTexan
03-13-2008, 12:25 AM
Things are starting to allign quite nicely...

From Article:
First thing’s first, Vince Young didn’t succumb to the dreaded Madden curse last season after gracing the 2008 cover.

Now that THAT is out of the way, it looks like EA Sports is planning to get somebody who WILL. After all, despite winning Super Bowl XLII and being named Super Bowl MVP, Eli Manning is STILL a guy ‘’most susceptible'’ to either get injured, play like a jackass or screw his team of a title. That is probably why he’s one of the leading candidates to grace the cursed Madden cover next season.

In no way shape or form credible, but still funny.

http://www.oddjack.com/2008/is-eli-manning-the-new-madden-nfl-2009-cover-boy-02-18.php

Malloy
03-13-2008, 03:09 AM

Phunny :)

Malloy
03-13-2008, 03:12 AM
OMFG. are you kidding me. COMPETE with Eli for the starting job?!?!?!?!? Is this guy a Giants fan or a Carr family member? That is just priceless.

Cough HULK Cough...

Malloy
03-13-2008, 03:17 AM
From the Giants MB, this I found interesting:

we'll get to see if he can move the team in the pre season, and remember he is signed for only 1 year so you don't want to get rid of J load . but if he looks good it will raise his stock for the year after .unless he's ready to be a life time backup....and do you think he wants that.........

hmm... He actually wants that, I remember taking notice to this last year when he joined the Panthers, he said that he didn't mind being a backup on a winning team. Now THATS the kinda drive I want to see in all of my backup players :)

HoustonFrog
03-13-2008, 08:05 AM
Here is my question..did he and Palmer get along or not. I've seen in this thread people say that they got along. I heard this morning on bad radio that they were at odd and didn't get along...from Andre. So which is it. I know Palmer had to sign off probably but I wonder how icy it is in NY.

infantrycak
03-13-2008, 08:33 AM
Here is my question..did he and Palmer get along or not. I've seen in this thread people say that they got along. I heard this morning on bad radio that they were at odd and didn't get along...from Andre. So which is it. I know Palmer had to sign off probably but I wonder how icy it is in NY.

From David Carr's mickey mouth:

Carr added in the release that the "main reason" he signed with the Giants was Palmer, who was the Texans' offensive coordinator during Carr's first four years in Houston.

Well yeah Davie, that and they offered you a job.

Link (http://www.nj.com/giants/ledger/index.ssf?/base/sports-1/120538657397880.xml&coll=1)

HoustonFrog
03-13-2008, 08:41 AM
From David Carr's mickey mouth:

OK, thanks! I just found it strange that Andre...I know, they aren't the end all be all or even close in talk radio but he is on the Texan radio team.....said it was an icy relationship and that Daves parting comments about the offense after he left were pretty pointed. I guess he just thought.."hey the guy knows me."

Maddict5
03-13-2008, 08:47 AM

I am curious if Isaah Thomas moved from Knicks to Giants

I said the same thing. As I have always said...good man, horrible QB and I can't believe people still act like he is even capable of taking over if he has to.

And yet people keep giving him opportunities.

Makes quite a statement about how thin the pool is at QB.

"
Carr added in the release that the "main reason" he signed with the Giants was Palmer, who was the Texans' offensive coordinator during Carr's first four years in Houston."

Link (http://www.nj.com/giants/ledger/index.ssf?/base/sports-1/120538657397880.xml&coll=1)

the last page of this thread is golden....im all repped out

Texans_Chick
03-13-2008, 08:52 AM

Chris Palmer is a very likeable, friendly coach. I can't imagine him being terribly icy to anyone.

Carr has repeatedly said over the years how much he liked Palmer, and then when Palmer got canned, he played excited about Pendry but commented on how much he was going to miss Palmer.

I can't say how they are behind the scenes, but I can't imagine Palmer wanting Carr in NYC if he didn't get along with him.

Texans_Chick
03-13-2008, 08:59 AM
Here's a nutty comment I received in my blog comments:

8. let me ask you this...who exactly was he supposed to get the ball to? a quintuple covered andre johnson?

and that VAUNTED texans running game sure took a lot of pressure off.

owen daniels and andre davis' miraculous emergence was what helped the team, not the lack of carr. and the panthers are/were a crap team regardless of who was in there. again, quintuple cover steve smith and there you go, who was he going to throw to? dwayne jarrett? drew carter? does carolina even have a TE?

This is such a ridiculously misguided comment on so many levels it is difficult to even know where to begin.

I said a few things, but feel free to pile on if you care to. Even "Justin" my poor Panther fan who got irate when I was making factual entries about Carr before last season came around to the belief that Carr wasn't very good.

David Carr Blames Others for His Quarterback Failings, Claims He Is Like a Carpenter. Huh? (http://sports.aol.com/fanhouse/2008/03/13/david-carr-blames-others-for-his-quarterback-failings-claims-he/)

I think the AOL powers that be are promoting this post a little, so feel free to add some wisdom in the comments for posterity. :cool:

jgl35
03-13-2008, 09:07 AM
Being an Eagles fan I think this is a great move by the Giants. Can't wait to see Carr play against Jim Johnson's blitz or Ware and the Cowboys if he has to.
What this move tells me is the state of the qb position in the league is very poor. The only reason Carr can hang around is he has started in the past and is under 30, It's sure not his play. You don't "develop " any player after 7 years in the league. What you see is what you get.

Up here in the NE. you have two types of fans. Eagle/Giant fans who only want to sign anyone who they might have heard of and believe that their idea is an improvement. They spend their time on the team message boards.

The second type of fan know the league and are mostly ignored when they post what is fact. So don't put too much stock in what is being posted. A lot of people know better.
As an example, I have a good friend who has been a Giant fan for over 40 years. He called Carr "the worst nfl qb he has seen in the past 35 years". Said this when Carr was still a Texan and still had a following in Houston. I pm Vinny this years ago.

My advice to Carr is if you have to play, you better do it well. Your not in Kansas any more. People turn on you quick and get very nasty like you wouldn't believe. Keep your helmet on at all times and your loved ones away from the Meadowlands.

Maddict5
03-13-2008, 09:07 AM
from 'cak's link

His performance was marred by injuries and inconsistency, however, and the Panthers released him on Feb. 27.

inconsistency.. no. he was consistently terrible bar that one flying flip he did when they were 30 points down.

Honoring Earl 34
03-13-2008, 09:16 AM
If I remember right , Carr was gloating about how Pendry was going to take him to a different level that Palmer failed to achieve .

He was blaming Palmer's offense for his screwups . Even Hulk was making fun of Palmer making Carr throw over ladders . Hulk told the Panther fans that one reason Carr chose the Panthers was they would'nt mess with his motion .

I think Kubiak was the last straw . He also had a reputation as a QB guru like Palmer and when to gurus say your QB stinks ... well that's a trend .

HOU-TEX
03-13-2008, 09:20 AM

This is such a ridiculously misguided comment on so many levels it is difficult to even know where to begin.

I said a few things, but feel free to pile on if you care to. Even "Justin" my poor Panther fan who got irate when I was making factual entries about Carr before last season came around to the belief that Carr wasn't very good.

I think the AOL powers that be are promoting this post a little, so feel free to add some wisdom in the comments for posterity. :cool:

Nice stuff TC. I like this little jewell you through out there at the end. Noodling?? LMAO!

Well, and a NFL quarterback wearing gloves on both hands in warm weather is evidence of some really odd stuff noodling around in his head.

HoustonFrog
03-13-2008, 09:23 AM
Chris Palmer is a very likeable, friendly coach. I can't imagine him being terribly icy to anyone.

Carr has repeatedly said over the years how much he liked Palmer, and then when Palmer got canned, he played excited about Pendry but commented on how much he was going to miss Palmer.

I can't say how they are behind the scenes, but I can't imagine Palmer wanting Carr in NYC if he didn't get along with him.

Thanks for the info. I just was wondering since I heard the comment about them not getting along while channel surfing coming into work. I appreciate it. Nice article BTW. Always good work.:)

Hervoyel
03-13-2008, 09:25 AM
We always hear the quote about how a cornerback has to have a very short memory and be able to go right back out there and line up after getting burned. It's an ego thing that's necessary for them to be able to do their jobs. I swear I hear that six or seven times a year. It's all about having a thick skin and an extraordinary amount of confidence.

The truth is that this applies to just about every position in professional football from the punter all the way up to the owners. If you're a coach then you're going to get fired, dropped in the grease, scapegoated, or whatever at some point in your career (and it's probably going to happen at least a couple of times). The same guy firing you might be asking you to join his staff in a couple of years. You need to be able to bounce back when things don't work out.

I beleive that Chris Palmer is probably behind the Giants signing David Carr and didn't just sign off on it. I think he probably feels like he was making progress with Carr when he was here. Then when the Texans made the (in his eyes) bad decision of scrapping the offensive changes they'd worked on prior to the 2005 season, fell flat on their collective faces, and then ran him out of town to appease the fans (fired the wrong coach in my opinion) they let Joe Pendry screw him up. Then they brought Kubiak in and didn't give him enough time to straighten Carr out. I bet his thoughts go something like that.

Remember how reluctant Charlie Casserly and Dom Capers were to admit that they'd blown it with the Carr pick? I don't have any doubts that Chris Palmer shares that sentiment. In this case the thick skin and ego I talked about before probably tell him that he can fix David and help him get his career back on track. He likes David Carr, that's obvious. A lot of people like David Carr but most of those same people probably wouldn't sign him to an NFL contract.

A million dollar deal was news way back in the day. Now it's a relative pittance. The Giants just won a Super Bowl and they're humoring Chris Palmer by letting him revisit one of his former failures to try and make things right. From their perspective they have very little to lose and they probably think they'll work with Carr this year. Evaluate him after a year of practice (hopefully that's all he does in 2008) and then decide whether to sign him again or cut him loose.

Hardcore Texan
03-13-2008, 09:36 AM

Great job TC, as always I enjoy reading your blog, so many good links on there to prove your point.

NYG fans pray for Eli's health, you have been warned!

Texan Asylum
03-13-2008, 09:38 AM
We always hear the quote about how a cornerback has to have a very short memory and be able to go right back out there and line up after getting burned. It's an ego thing that's necessary for them to be able to do their jobs. I swear I hear that six or seven times a year. It's all about having a thick skin and an extraordinary amount of confidence.

The truth is that this applies to just about every position in professional football from the punter all the way up to the owners. If you're a coach then you're going to get fired, dropped in the grease, scapegoated, or whatever at some point in your career (and it's probably going to happen at least a couple of times). The same guy firing you might be asking you to join his staff in a couple of years. You need to be able to bounce back when things don't work out.

I beleive that Chris Palmer is probably behind the Giants signing David Carr and didn't just sign off on it. I think he probably feels like he was making progress with Carr when he was here. Then when the Texans made the (in his eyes) bad decision of scrapping the offensive changes they'd worked on prior to the 2005 season, fell flat on their collective faces, and then ran him out of town to appease the fans (fired the wrong coach in my opinion) they let Joe Pendry screw him up. Then they brought Kubiak in and didn't give him enough time to straighten Carr out. I bet his thoughts go something like that.

Remember how reluctant Charlie Casserly and Dom Capers were to admit that they'd blown it with the Carr pick? I don't have any doubts that Chris Palmer shares that sentiment. In this case the thick skin and ego I talked about before probably tell him that he can fix David and help him get his career back on track. He likes David Carr, that's obvious. A lot of people like David Carr but most of those same people probably wouldn't sign him to an NFL contract.

A million dollar deal was news way back in the day. Now it's a relative pittance. The Giants just won a Super Bowl and they're humoring Chris Palmer by letting him revisit one of his former failures to try and make things right. From their perspective they have very little to lose and they probably think they'll work with Carr this year. Evaluate him after a year of practice (hopefully that's all he does in 2008) and then decide whether to sign him again or cut him loose.

You must spread some rep...

Great post Herv.

Lucky
03-13-2008, 11:52 AM
A lot of people like David Carr but most of those same people probably wouldn't sign him to an NFL contract.
This was the only team that would have signed Carr. I thought last season was his last chance. But I forgot about Chris Palmer, whose work with Eli has bought enough caché to convince Reese & Coughlin that David can be restored to some facsimile of a NFL QB.

I keep thinking of the scene in Fast Times at Ridgemont High, where Spicoli looks at the wrecked Trans Am and boldly states, "I can fix it." This is Chris Palmer's Spicoli moment.

HOU-TEX
03-13-2008, 11:57 AM
This was the only team that would have signed Carr. I thought last season was his last chance. But I forgot about Chris Palmer, whose work with Eli has bought enough caché to convince Reese & Coughlin that David can be restored to some facsimile of a NFL QB.

I keep thinking of the scene in Fast Times at Ridgemont High, where Spicoli looks at the wrecked Trans Am and boldly states, "I can fix it." This is Chris Palmer's Spicoli moment.

Relax, all right? My old man is a television repairman, he's got this ultimate set of tools. I can fix it.

A freaking classic!

HoustonFrog
03-13-2008, 01:23 PM
Looks like Hulk75..Derek found the Giants board as FresnoGiant

Hey guys,

First post, but lifer G-Men fan.

Being a Jersey to Cali transplant, I got to see Carr play here at Fresno St. He is (or at least WAS) as good as his #1 pick indicated. Also true though, is that he has become extremely gun-shy in the pocket. Houston has a lot to do with that. Letting him suffer a record number of sacks in his rookie year may have ruined him for his career. However, after seeing what he is capable of behind an above average O-line (which we have), I have to think he may improve with the Gints'. Given some protection, he may eventually regain some trust in his pocket, and be at least a serviceable backup. His biggest knock is his interceptions. But, so is Eli's. The difference, is that Eli has been able to win with us, and Carr has never had a successful season. Let's see what he does in pre-season, and pass judgement then. But, IMHO he can and will be a decent #2.

GO GIANTS in 08' !!

http://boards.giants.com/forums/1/770329/ShowThread.aspx

Hervoyel
03-13-2008, 01:44 PM
The "Fresno Mafia" follow him around like groupies. It's just sick to think that for years we had to try and talk football while they were talking out of their fourth point of contact about their idol. It's no wonder you can't hold an intelligent conversation with these people.

HOU-TEX
03-13-2008, 01:48 PM
Looks like Hulk75..Derek found the Giants board as FresnoGiant

http://boards.giants.com/forums/1/770329/ShowThread.aspx

Nah, the grammar looks decent so it's not Hulk75. :gun:

Kaiser Toro
03-13-2008, 02:19 PM

Yeah, he was at the video arcade with Lawrence Taylor doing bong hits prior to the wreck. "People on ludes should not be driving."

Honoring Earl 34
03-13-2008, 02:19 PM
Here's a classic .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZNgIgnnXSdY

Kaiser Toro
03-13-2008, 02:31 PM
Here's a classic .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZNgIgnnXSdY

The Preacher, per usual, spitting fire and brimstone.

Texans_Chick
03-13-2008, 03:32 PM
Well, and a NFL quarterback wearing gloves on both hands in warm weather is evidence of some really odd stuff noodling around in his head.

I really believe this.

He started off with no gloves.

Then after he kept getting hit and fumbling, he went to one glove. (insert Michael Jackson teeeheeee heee here.) Now in actuality at the time, he wasn't fumbling any more than any other QB as a percentage of getting hit, but he was just getting hit a lot.

Then in Carolina, all of a sudden two gloves showed up. Mickey Mouse. Mime. JAZZ HANDS BABY! He claimed that it was so that he didn't have to lick his fingers to throw.

But there was something going wrong up in his brain. He had that fumbling thing in his noggin, and for good reasons. Because it seemed he lost control of the ball at just the wrong time.

No glove, one glove, two gloves. The result was all the same. Except for how damned goofy it looked. I mean, what quarterback thinks, you know, I can't wait to wear gloves because it gives me such great touch.

Texans_Chick
03-13-2008, 04:04 PM
LOL Hashmarks sighting:

Carr to appear on 'This Old House' (http://myespn.go.com/blogs/hashmarks/0-5-767/Carr-to-appear-on--This-Old-House-.html?post=true)

Eh, I'm actually not a long-suffering Texans fan. Maybe Carr-suffering is a better term.

Suffering is having no team at all and just the Cowboys and Titans news in the local paper.

Honoring Earl 34
03-13-2008, 04:05 PM
I really believe this.

He started off with no gloves.

Then after he kept getting hit and fumbling, he went to one glove. (insert Michael Jackson teeeheeee heee here.) Now in actuality at the time, he wasn't fumbling any more than any other QB as a percentage of getting hit, but he was just getting hit a lot.

Then in Carolina, all of a sudden two gloves showed up. Mickey Mouse. Mime. JAZZ HANDS BABY! He claimed that it was so that he didn't have to lick his fingers to throw.

But there was something going wrong up in his brain. He had that fumbling thing in his noggin, and for good reasons. Because it seemed he lost control of the ball at just the wrong time.

No glove, one glove, two gloves. The result was all the same. Except for how damned goofy it looked. I mean, what quarterback thinks, you know, I can't wait to wear gloves because it gives me such great touch.

This is an example of someone thinking that it's the arrow and not the indian .

mattieuk
03-13-2008, 04:28 PM
I burst out laughing in the bookmakers earlier when I saw this on Sky Sports News...

Have they seen tape of him?!? :tv:

Seriously though, Carr owes Palmer big time for arranging this.

Koolaid Time
03-13-2008, 04:37 PM
LOL Hashmarks sighting:

Carr-to-appear-on--This-Old-House-

While this refers to Carr's "carpenter" comment, can you imagine David Carr safely handling a nail gun, a table saw, or any other type of power tool?

I can't....

Double Barrel
03-13-2008, 05:33 PM
While this refers to Carr's "carpenter" comment, can you imagine David Carr safely handling a nail gun, a table saw, or any other type of power tool?

Would he be wearing the gloves in this scenario? :hmmm:

Honoring Earl 34
03-13-2008, 05:35 PM
Would he be wearing the gloves in this scenario? :hmmm:

He'd be like Tim Allen on Tool Time except in his tool pouch he'd have a hairdryer .

Malloy
03-13-2008, 05:52 PM
Wearing the mittens, he wont fumble any of the power tools?

Koolaid Time
03-13-2008, 07:00 PM
Wearing the mittens, he wont fumble any of the power tools?

With the mittens the blood wouldn't spurt as far when he shoots a nail through this hand with the nail gun.

BSofA04
03-13-2008, 07:12 PM
TC,
Great article. In it, you mentioned...
"The Texans in 2007 were liberated once the reign of Carr ended. In one of those little known facts, the Carr-less Houston Texans last year only allowed 22 sacks. (27th in the league). "
I'm sure 22 sacks would get you better than 27th place. Am I reading that incorrectly?

Second Honeymoon
03-13-2008, 07:28 PM
I burst out laughing in the bookmakers earlier when I saw this on Sky Sports News...

Have they seen tape of him?!? :tv:

Seriously though, Carr owes Palmer big time for arranging this.

How are the Newcastle faithful feeling about the Magpies being in danger of relegation? How the mighty have fallen....

Texans_Chick
03-13-2008, 07:59 PM
TC,
Great article. In it, you mentioned...
"The Texans in 2007 were liberated once the reign of Carr ended. In one of those little known facts, the Carr-less Houston Texans last year only allowed 22 sacks. (27th in the league). "
I'm sure 22 sacks would get you better than 27th place. Am I reading that incorrectly?

Actually I mangled that up when I wrote it.

The Texans had the 27th LEAST number of sacks.

Texans_Chick
03-13-2008, 08:01 PM
This is an example of someone thinking that it's the arrow and not the indian .

I must admit that when I see anyone putting with a belly putter, I think they are mentally weak.

Wearing two white gloves as quarterback in the NFL is worse than a belly putter in my universe of mentally weak things that people can do in sporting events.

Honoring Earl 34
03-13-2008, 09:09 PM
I must admit that when I see anyone putting with a belly putter, I think they are mentally weak.

Wearing two white gloves as quarterback in the NFL is worse than a belly putter in my universe of mentally weak things that people can do in sporting events.

TC ... I was'nt getting on you about Carr's woes . I was talking about Carr trying every gadget to fix what ails him .

Vinny
03-14-2008, 07:57 AM
Carr and Palmer were friends.

Palmer is a very likeable guy and Carr is a known quantity. Carr said all the right stuff when Pendry came on (at first), but he really liked Palmer.

Palmer was probably too soft on Carr when he came into the league, and I don't think he did a good job of communicating the unwritten rules of being an NFL quarterback. You know, that maybe having your dad hanging around practice all the time is not cool.

Carr is a very good practice quarterback because he can't get hit and is more relaxed in his decision making, and won't make waves with the starter. Last year would have been an impossible year for Carr to be a backup to Eli because of Eli's own problems and the media market. This year, not a problem.

There's no sense clowning the Giants for picking up a backup quarterback. Given who is available and Carr's relationship with Palmer, it makes some sense for the Giants. But yeah, they have to hope he never sees the field.
Carr did have his best years under Palmer and I'm sure Palmer thinks that he may have been able to turn the corner with Carr but Capers pulled the rug out from under him. Carr knows his system and his language scheme so he won't have to learn from the ground up....he can come in up to speed so to speak. I'm not sure that is any great advantage since I don't think Carr is a NFL QB anymore than David Klingler was.

Vinny
03-14-2008, 08:06 AM
If I remember right , Carr was gloating about how Pendry was going to take him to a different level that Palmer failed to achieve .

He was blaming Palmer's offense for his screwups . Even Hulk was making fun of Palmer making Carr throw over ladders . Hulk told the Panther fans that one reason Carr chose the Panthers was they would'nt mess with his motion .

I think Kubiak was the last straw . He also had a reputation as a QB guru like Palmer and when to gurus say your QB stinks ... well that's a trend .Carr has always blamed everyone but himself. He took a shot at us when he said he was glad to be on a "real" team when he was with the Panthers (before he ruined that "real" team in a few short starts). Carr throwing anyone under the bus when he is miles away is nothing new.

mattieuk
03-14-2008, 08:39 AM
How are the Newcastle faithful feeling about the Magpies being in danger of relegation? How the mighty have fallen....

Haha, about as sick as the Giants fans who've suddenly realise how screwed they are if Eli goes down!

Maddict5
03-14-2008, 08:44 AM
Haha, about as sick as the Giants fans who've suddenly realise how screwed they are if Eli goes down!

give the messiah time to work his magic :gun:

Maddict5
03-14-2008, 08:54 AM
classic headline (from the panthers writer on the AOL site that steph writes at)...its a midseason article after david played a few games for them

David Carr: They're Not Saying "Boo," They're Saying "Boo-urns"

i lol'ed for a solid 10 seconds when i read it

Texans_Chick
03-14-2008, 09:09 AM
classic headline (from the panthers writer on the AOL site that steph writes at)...its a midseason article after david played a few games for them

David Carr: They're Not Saying "Boo," They're Saying "Boo-urns"

i lol'ed for a solid 10 seconds when i read it

Yeah, all of us who write about the NFL stuff over there are on a listserv of sorts to make sure that we don't duplicate topics. Very funny people over there, and sometimes the listserv is funnier than the website.

We all laughed at that headline.

The guy who is the primary Panther writer over there was never in the Carr will take over for Delhomme camp because he had been reading my stuff for a while.

But pretty much everybody who writes over there, with the exception of the Giants' writer, has a pretty negative view of Carr's potential. I mean, it is 2008, how long do you have to write about a guy's upside?

I picked and chose some Carr entries that I thought Giant fans might be interested in.

If you want to see some more blaming others stuff, and you don't care to lose about 8 minutes of your life, here's Carr on the YouTubes, post Texans, pre-Carolina:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0zeeMRDJ3Xs

Basically, he says it will be good to throw from the upright position, and that he was just in a really bad situation when the Texans passed on Reggie Bush.

Second Honeymoon
03-14-2008, 09:51 AM
Yeah, all of us who write about the NFL stuff over there are on a listserv of sorts to make sure that we don't duplicate topics. Very funny people over there, and sometimes the listserv is funnier than the website.

We all laughed at that headline.

The guy who is the primary Panther writer over there was never in the Carr will take over for Delhomme camp because he had been reading my stuff for a while.

But pretty much everybody who writes over there, with the exception of the Giants' writer, has a pretty negative view of Carr's potential. I mean, it is 2008, how long do you have to write about a guy's upside?

I picked and chose some Carr entries that I thought Giant fans might be interested in.

If you want to see some more blaming others stuff, and you don't care to lose about 8 minutes of your life, here's Carr on the YouTubes, post Texans, pre-Carolina:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0zeeMRDJ3Xs

Basically, he says it will be good to throw from the upright position, and that he was just in a really bad situation when the Texans passed on Reggie Bush.

What a joke Carr is. 'It's gonna be fun'. 'It's amazing what you can do when you don't have to lay down on your back to throw a ball'. What a JERK!!

If I saw this dude on the street I would call him a freaking loser and to get the freak out of Texas and stay out. That pansy ass loser needs an ass whoopin' something fierce.

I am so glad I have always thought this guy was a pile of dog crap...he proves me more and more correct daily.

TexSon
03-14-2008, 01:13 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/story?columnist=yasinskas_pat&id=3292963&lpos=spotlight&lid=tab3pos1

New article on ESPN with some choice quotes. ESPN also gets some digs in against Houston and Carolina.

Carr says it was his "California Cool" that was the impediment to his success, while also admitting that he didn't prepare well enough.
In hindsight, the 28-year-old Carr says he has it now: The California cool has to go. That's something guys from California have to work against,'' Carr said. "Sometimes, we make things look too easy. I thought I had the right attitude in Houston and Carolina, but I realize now that I didn't. I worked hard, but I didn't prepare myself well enough to give my teammates true confidence in me.''

ESPN intimates that Carolina fans are hillbilly yokels that disliked his "cool" as opposed to his play.
Then, his trademark California cool --wearing the glove, dropping the word "dude'' often in conversation and that shoulder-length hair -- started rubbing people in the locker room and in NASCAR land the wrong way.

When Carr was in Houston, Palmer was his quarterbacks coach. The two always had a good relationship, but Carr admitted he might not always have given Palmer his best.
...It's about preparing yourself and carrying yourself the right way. Those were the things Chris always was telling me in Houston, but I wasn't always listening. This time, I'm going to listen.''

Thanks Davey! :rolleyes:

But wait, ESPN says it was actually all our fault!
But the shell shock of playing behind awful offensive lines in Houston was still with him.
Of course! The offensive line!

Vinny
03-14-2008, 01:29 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/story?columnist=yasinskas_pat&id=3292963&lpos=spotlight&lid=tab3pos1
Carr says it was his "California Cool" that was the impediment to his success, while also admitting that he didn't prepare well enough.

Quote:
When Carr was in Houston, Palmer was his quarterbacks coach. The two always had a good relationship, but Carr admitted he might not always have given Palmer his best.
...It's about preparing yourself and carrying yourself the right way. Those were the things Chris always was telling me in Houston, but I wasn't always listening. This time, I'm going to listen.''

how incredibly pathetic...he took the millions of dollars and a huge chunk of cap space from the hard working Texans fans and the team and now says he was too cool to give us his best. Unreal.

Trap_Star
03-14-2008, 01:32 PM

New article on ESPN with some choice quotes. ESPN also gets some digs in against Houston and Carolina.

ESPN intimates that Carolina fans are hillbilly yokels that disliked his "cool" as opposed to his play.

wow...what a turd.

Mr. White
03-14-2008, 01:56 PM

I just read this pathetic excuse of an article. Looks like the same lame California takes that we've been reading on this board for years.

I thought that Hulk75 was actually the writer, but this guy has decent grammar.

It might be the "California cool" attitude,the offensive line, the skill players, the defense, the local sportswriters and the whole fanbase.

We've been hearing it for years. I'll go with the most obvious answer....Carr isn't a good QB. Not here, not in Nascar country, and not in the media fishbowl of New York.

If it looks like Tim Couch and swims like Tim Couch.....

Vinny
03-14-2008, 02:00 PM
If it looks like Tim Couch and swims like Tim Couch.....Couch could play before his shoulder injury turned a decent QB with a mediocre arm into noodleman.

Hervoyel
03-14-2008, 02:04 PM
A couple of things about David Carr are becoming impossible to miss or ignore. Whatever people thought of him as a quarterback, football player or a teammate they always consistently said he was a good person. People focused on his faith and on his merits as a husband and a father and what a....well "good person" he was.

While he was here and really for as long as I've known about David Carr's existence I can't remember him ever really saying a whole lot. He'd do interviews and say the standard things you hear in football player interviews. He'd answer a question about the game or whatever he was asked but he never really said a lot. His answers were vanilla and generic and good enough but they didn't say much about him. I just always accepted the presented reality that he was a good person.

The farther he slides down the NFL food chain the more he speaks and the more he speaks the lower my opinion of him gets. I can no longer deny that this guy has very little in common with the person we were sold as the face of the franchise. He's detached from reality, relatively greedy, arrogant, and undeniably lazy. He might be a good father but hell, it's easy to be a good father when you aren't doing much of anything else and you have millions of dollars to throw around. Anybody with an 8 million dollar bonus in his pocket who doesn't have a mean streak can hang a "good father" medal on their chest.

What an exceptionally disappointing individual he turned out to be.

Hervoyel
03-14-2008, 02:05 PM
.....If it looks like Tim Couch and swims like Tim Couch.....

Tim Couch just called and demands you take that back. He worked harder trying (and failing) to come back after his shoulder injury than David Carr ever worked at anything in his entire life.

For the record, I think Tim has a point.

Errant Hothy
03-14-2008, 02:06 PM

All I have to say is...douche-bag.

HoustonFrog
03-14-2008, 02:14 PM
I just read this pathetic excuse of an article. Looks like the same lame California takes that we've been reading on this board for years.

I thought that Hulk75 was actually the writer, but this guy has decent grammar.

It might be the "California cool" attitude,the offensive line, the skill players, the defense, the local sportswriters and the whole fanbase.

We've been hearing it for years. I'll go with the most obvious answer....Carr isn't a good QB. Not here, not in Nascar country, and not in the media fishbowl of New York.

If it looks like Tim Couch and swims like Tim Couch.....

You know I have made this point multiple times on this board when Carr comes up. Couch was on an expansion team with a bad line and horrible drafting and the guy didn't catch a break. Yet Carr gets every excuse. Never made sense.

Second Honeymoon
03-14-2008, 02:24 PM
You know I have made this point multiple times on this board when Carr comes up. Couch was on an expansion team with a bad line and horrible drafting and the guy didn't catch a break. Yet Carr gets every excuse. Never made sense.

Couch played in Cleveland where the fans and the media have less patience and rarely homer for a guy that hasn't delivered the goods. We had guys lining up a mile long to homer for Carr and the only reason I come up with is....19-10. Kinda sad but that time is over....

david carr = douchebag

Lucky
03-14-2008, 04:04 PM
Dated 11-26-07
OMG, my WORST freaking nightmare. David Carr to the Giants. Dude, are you on crack?

Geez, I guess I better head on over to the Giants board to see if any of this nonsense is going on over there. I will put a stop to it real fast.
I thought Hookem was going to stop this?

As David Carr might say, "Sorry, Dude. My bad."

Hervoyel
03-14-2008, 04:24 PM

In that "California Cool" way he has of saying stuff like that. That's why I hate that guy. So cool, so California.

Honoring Earl 34
03-14-2008, 04:28 PM
In that "California Cool" way he has of saying stuff like that. That's why I hate that guy. So cool, so California.

Yeah but he made bad QB play look easy . :cool:

Double Barrel
03-14-2008, 04:28 PM
California fool is more like it...

Honoring Earl 34
03-14-2008, 04:33 PM
California fool is more like it...

I know John Elway struggled for years with being cool .

Actually that's why QBs from Pennsylvania are leaders ... they are'nt cool just good . Here's a list off the top my head .

Marino
Montana
Jim Kelly
Unitas
Namath
Schaub

Maybe Carr needs to work in a coal mine .

Rex King
03-14-2008, 04:51 PM
While he was here and really for as long as I've known about David Carr's existence I can't remember him ever really saying a whole lot. He'd do interviews and say the standard things you hear in football player interviews. He'd answer a question about the game or whatever he was asked but he never really said a lot. His answers were vanilla and generic and good enough but they didn't say much about him. I just always accepted the presented reality that he was a good person.

It may be revisionist, but I can't recall ever hearing him personally take the blame for a loss or say he personally needed to do better while he was here. It would get kind of old in the 2-14 season, but he never seemed to take responsibility. Oh well.

Blazing Arrow
03-14-2008, 05:26 PM

:thumbdown

Not cool bra, not cool ....

ChampionTexan
03-14-2008, 06:06 PM
Couch played in Cleveland where the fans and the media have less patience and rarely homer for a guy that hasn't delivered the goods. We had guys lining up a mile long to homer for Carr and the only reason I come up with is....19-10. Kinda sad but that time is over....

david carr = douchebag

Plus didn't Couch have certain Ryan Leaf-like qualities when interviewed by the media (Translation - Carr hid his doosheyness much better).

Kaiser Toro
03-14-2008, 07:41 PM
David Carr is a pathetic blob of grackle turd. I hope that the New York media grill him and then runs back to California in tears. Friggin Freshole.

No more soft California QBs please.

Second Honeymoon
03-14-2008, 08:00 PM
David Carr is a pathetic blob of grackle turd. I hope that the New York media grill him and then runs back to California in tears. Friggin Freshole.

No more soft California QBs please.

I can't wait to see 'Father Mullet' try to attend practices with Stalag Coughlin at the helm....or even at the games.

Giants Fan is just slightly above Philly Fan in the fan evolutionary scale and something tells me that Giants Fan and the media in general are gonna have a field day with Carr. I can see the headlines now.

Of Mice and Mittens
This Giant Carr Sucks
WTF? Carr is teh suxxorz!
You're Going Back To Cali
Boolander!!

Tulip
03-14-2008, 08:26 PM
A couple of things about David Carr are becoming impossible to miss or ignore. Whatever people thought of him as a quarterback, football player or a teammate they always consistently said he was a good person. People focused on his faith and on his merits as a husband and a father and what a....well "good person" he was.

The farther he slides down the NFL food chain the more he speaks and the more he speaks the lower my opinion of him gets. I can no longer deny that this guy has very little in common with the person we were sold as the face of the franchise. He's detached from reality, relatively greedy, arrogant, and undeniably lazy. He might be a good father but hell, it's easy to be a good father when you aren't doing much of anything else and you have millions of dollars to throw around. Anybody with an 8 million dollar bonus in his pocket who doesn't have a mean streak can hang a "good father" medal on their chest.

I never got the whole "classy" thing. Did members of the media just think that they really needed to say something nice of him - so they all decided on "classy"? It was such a weird adjective to use, because he always came across as someone who was very immature and had such a lack of personal responsibility that his comments made his coaches and teammates look bad whether he meant it or not. He took a lot of abuse (probably LESS than he deserved) by the media, but smiling through it is not indicative of classiness.

But it was the same on the field.

Not having the sense to get rid of the football DOES NOT EQUAL toughness.

Not taking media criticism to heart DOES NOT EQUAL classiness.

Koolaid Time
03-14-2008, 10:24 PM
Tim Couch just called and demands you take that back. He worked harder trying (and failing) to come back after his shoulder injury than David Carr ever worked at anything in his entire life.

For the record, I think Tim has a point.

Too bad Tim got hooked up with that quack doctor/trainer and the resulting positive steroid tests...

Hervoyel
03-14-2008, 11:04 PM
Too bad Tim got hooked up with that quack doctor/trainer and the resulting positive steroid tests...

Yeah, well the guy had a dream and it went seriously down the drain. I think he probably made a bad decision or two while trying to turn that around. It's not right of course but I can see the intent there. I can sympathize somewhat with athletes who have crossed the line while trying to recover from injury, at least more so than I can with guys who are just trying to find an edge.

I always wanted to see Couch succeed somewhere. I feel like he got the "dirty" end of the stick being picked by Cleveland. Expansion franchises should be given the Cleveland/Houston deal but I think there should be a rule in there that forbids them from drafting a QB in their first season of existence or that forces them to carry him on their practice squad in a special "untouchable" capacity for one year. Nobody should be allowed to start a rookie QB on an expansion team.

ObsiWan
03-15-2008, 12:19 AM
Yeah, well the guy had a dream and it went seriously down the drain. I think he probably made a bad decision or two while trying to turn that around. It's not right of course but I can see the intent there. I can sympathize somewhat with athletes who have crossed the line while trying to recover from injury, at least more so than I can with guys who are just trying to find an edge.

I always wanted to see Couch succeed somewhere. I feel like he got the "dirty" end of the stick being picked by Cleveland. Expansion franchises should be given the Cleveland/Houston deal but I think there should be a rule in there that forbids them from drafting a QB in their first season of existence or that forces them to carry him on their practice squad in a special "untouchable" capacity for one year. Nobody should be allowed to start a rookie QB on an expansion team.

That should be common sense. But expansion teams (or even established teams on the rebound) who are trying to ensure there are butts in every seat often don't follow common sense. Instead they listen to the clamoring fans who want to see the over-hyped "savior" as soon as he gets off the bus.

Honoring Earl 34
03-15-2008, 06:53 AM
Not having the sense to get rid of the football DOES NOT EQUAL toughness.

Just like Tex Cobb getting his butt whopped by Larry Holmes does'nt make him a boxxer .

Wolf
03-15-2008, 07:32 AM
after reading the article, i take back,well I can't take back everything I have said about Carr. I bought into Carr's goodness, 1st I thought he could succeed as a QB, and then I bought into he was a nice person.

what comes to mind is crash davis from Bull durham
Crash Davis: Come on meat, show me that million dollar arm of yours cause I got a good idea about that five cent head.

http://www.quotegeek.com/index.php?action=viewcategory&categoryid=639

anyway as far as Carr
fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me

I have been wrong but this one has got to take the cake on me being wrong, great day to start the morning

and for those that ever neg repped a poster for bashing Carr (you know who you are, you owe others a positive rep :bat:

Even thought I never (from what I remember) never neg repped anyone for bashing carr, I know I defended Carr back in the day and so I owe Second Honeymoon, Monarch(I think), SWTBound07,and probably Texan fight and a few others for doubting them

My apologizes

Hardcore Texan
03-15-2008, 11:57 AM
In case you missed this little gem on TexansTalk.com front page:

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=manytoblameforcarrharrin&prov=tsn&type=lgns

Carr and Harrington, however, don’t deserve all the blame. If you want to point fingers, also point them at the general managers who drafted them and the coaches who failed to develop them.

Making Carr the first-overall pick in the draft was former Texans GM Charley Casserly’s first mistake. Carr never should have gone that high. But failing to surround Carr with proper talent—particularly a reliable offensive line—was just as grievous an error.

As a rookie, Carr was sacked 76 times (an average of almost five per game), a single-season NFL record. In Carr’s five seasons in Houston, opponents sacked him 249 times.

Lions GM Matt Millen was responsible for drafting Harrington, who played inconsistently in Detroit but also didn’t have a great supporting cast.

“I’m not putting all of it on the quarterbacks,” says one AFC personnel man. “They were picked before they should have been, placed in positions they shouldn’t have been in, on teams that weren’t very good and in organizations that showcased them before they were ready.”

b0ng
03-15-2008, 12:16 PM
In case you missed this little gem on TexansTalk.com front page:

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=manytoblameforcarrharrin&prov=tsn&type=lgns

I love how none of these articles mention that the instant anybody not named David Carr stepped in to QB the offensive line played better. No supporting cast my ass.

Second Honeymoon
03-15-2008, 01:44 PM
after reading the article, i take back,well I can't take back everything I have said about Carr. I bought into Carr's goodness, 1st I thought he could succeed as a QB, and then I bought into he was a nice person.

what comes to mind is crash davis from Bull durham

http://www.quotegeek.com/index.php?action=viewcategory&categoryid=639

anyway as far as Carr
fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me

I have been wrong but this one has got to take the cake on me being wrong, great day to start the morning

and for those that ever neg repped a poster for bashing Carr (you know who you are, you owe others a positive rep :bat:

Even thought I never (from what I remember) never neg repped anyone for bashing carr, I know I defended Carr back in the day and so I owe Second Honeymoon, Monarch(I think), SWTBound07,and probably Texan fight and a few others for doubting them

My apologizes

dude, you don't owe anyone anthing. you were just a fan who believed in a guy and that guy let you down. you have nothing to apologize for.

we are all Texans fans and at the end of the day we just want our team to improve and cease making moves like the Carr drafting/resigning and the PBuc and Babin trades. RS is leading us out of the pits out of hell and hopefully with a little luck and hard work, we won't even remember the pitiful and pathetic era of David Carr.

Honoring Earl 34
03-15-2008, 02:19 PM
dude, you don't owe anyone anthing. you were just a fan who believed in a guy and that guy let you down. you have nothing to apologize for.

we are all Texans fans and at the end of the day we just want our team to improve and cease making moves like the Carr drafting/resigning and the PBuc and Babin trades. RS is leading us out of the pits out of hell and hopefully with a little luck and hard work, we won't even remember the pitiful and pathetic era of David Carr.

Oh no ... he's turning into a Cali cool guy .

Second Honeymoon
03-15-2008, 03:02 PM
Oh no ... he's turning into a Cali cool guy .

dems fightin' words :)

Hookem Horns
03-15-2008, 04:05 PM
Dated 11-26-07

I thought Hookem was going to stop this?

I tried and already put my 2 cents in over at the Giants board. However right now I am on the other side of the world and very disconnected from American sports. The bottom line is, if Manning goes down the G men are in trouble regardless. As bad as Carr is, Lorenzen is pretty bad also. The only difference is Lorenzen is 3 times the size of Carr and doesn't fall down at the first sight of trouble. All that is happening here is the Giants are throwing away a million dollars. Maybe they can write it off as a charity donation. Carr won't be around after camp, and if he is I doubt he will be the #2 guy. Oh well, they took out Dallas and won the Super Bowl so I am good with that for awhile. Now if only the Texans can do the same I will be a very happy camper.

Ah, it's good to be speaking (typing) English right now regardless if it is about Carr signing with my 2nd favorite team.

Hervoyel
03-15-2008, 08:52 PM
I love how none of these articles mention that the instant anybody not named David Carr stepped in to QB the offensive line played better. No supporting cast my ass.

That's what I'm saying as well. As far back as 2003 it was observed by multiple people that when Tony Banks came into games the line appeared to settle down and play better. I pointed that out over and over again in arguing that the Texans should have started Banks and that Carr wasn't ready. I can't claim that I saw what a complete turd he was going to turn out to be. I expected him to work out eventually like a lot of people but I thought that the Texans had unnecessarily exposed him to punishment before he was ready.

I had no idea that a lot of the punishment he was taking was coming his way because of things he was doing (or failing to do). I don't think the line was 76 sacks bad in 2002. Maybe mid 50's bad but not 76 sacks bad.

It's over now and there's nothing to be done about it but to move on.

Wolf
03-16-2008, 10:33 AM
The Significance Of The David Carr Signing: Humor

http://thebiglead.com/?p=4983

alphajoker
03-23-2008, 09:33 AM
The state of the franchise was significantly improved by the release of David Carr. :hides:

Xetuoh1836
03-23-2008, 09:43 AM
The state of the franchise was significantly improved by the release of David Carr. :hides:

And after 366 days, he still hasn't risen...:backsout:

ChrisG
03-24-2008, 06:11 PM
any catch moving the chains on sirius today at about 5:00pm?

someone was asking about setting up a trade for carr, the announcers were like he wears white gloves nothing more needs to be said...i almost drove off the road laughing

Texans_Chick
04-09-2008, 08:56 AM
I got a little sad that the Carr thread was going away, like it was all a very bad dream.

So here:

Big Blue View Blog on David Carr (http://www.bigblueview.com/story/2008/3/14/10657/8895)

I like the imaginary conversation at the beginning between Carr and the GM.

Honoring Earl 34
04-09-2008, 09:08 AM
I got a little sad that the Carr thread was going away, like it was all a very bad dream.

So here:

Big Blue View Blog on David Carr (http://www.bigblueview.com/story/2008/3/14/10657/8895)

I'm sure the thread will start back up soon enough .

Specnatz
04-09-2008, 09:16 AM

So here:

WOW jrs1940 is such a classy guy. If I knew how to respond on that thread I would and tell that jagoff what I think of him.

jrs1940@yahoo.com

But here is his email address. I did send a nice little not saying I thought his comments were classless. I was very cutious and respectful, but I told him I did not think those comments were uncalled for and then I reminded him that Carr failed at two stops not just one.

Brando
06-24-2008, 03:06 PM
Lorenzen was cut by the Giants...so Carr has a better chance to make the roster.

Jared Lorenzen, the portly backup quarterback who had almost as many nicknames as NFL snaps in four years with the Giants, was among five players waived by the team yesterday.

The move means that former No. 1 overall pick Carr will be in Albany. Carr was signed this winter and looked shaky during the minicamp. He said he spent most of those workouts focusing on his mechanics. "I was out of whack," he said of his throwing motion. "This is really the first time in the last couple years I've had someone actually work with it, just trying to get down to it. I still feel like I haven't begun to tap what I can do as far as playing, so I'm excited about it."

Sure if you say so......I'm sure Kubes loves hearing that......

Link (http://www.newsday.com/sports/football/ny-spgiants245739862jun24,0,5177489.story)

TEXANRED
06-24-2008, 03:35 PM
Lorenzen was cut by the Giants...so Carr has a better chance to make the roster.

Link (http://www.newsday.com/sports/football/ny-spgiants245739862jun24,0,5177489.story)

"I was out of whack," he said of his throwing motion. "This is really the first time in the last couple years I've had someone actually work with it, just trying to get down to it. I still feel like I haven't begun to tap what I can do as far as playing, so I'm excited about it."

That boy has more excuses than a hooker has got STD's.

This is his 7th year in the NFL. If he hasn't gotten it by now he never will.

Not to mention he is playing behind the guy who won the Superbowl last year.

I hope God loves David Carr b/c no one else does.

Texan_Bill
06-24-2008, 03:35 PM

Quite honestly, I would be surprised if Kubes read it, let alone even cared about it...

Brando
06-24-2008, 03:37 PM
Quite honestly, I would be surprised if Kubes read it, let alone even cared about it...

Yeah he don't care and I'm glad Carr isn't here spewing non sense anymore. Like my ex-wife's mom said when I married her....she's your problem now.:thisbig:

Texan_Bill
06-24-2008, 03:44 PM
Yeah he don't care and I'm glad Carr isn't here spewing non sense anymore. Like my ex-wife's mom said when I married her....she's your problem now.:thisbig:

NICE!!! At a way Mom-in-law!!!

Double Barrel
06-24-2008, 03:48 PM
"I still feel like I haven't begun to tap what I can do as far as playing, so I'm excited about it."
~ David Carr

WTF??! :mcnugget:

Man, that's just beyond a river in Egypt!

Texan_Bill
06-24-2008, 03:53 PM
Saying what Giants fans want to hear = $1,000,000.00

Poor Hookem... He has got to be shakin his head... :dontknowa

OzzO
06-24-2008, 03:59 PM
Oh come on guys - all he needs is someone to setup some ladders and a buzzer on the field.

drewmar74
06-24-2008, 04:08 PM
"Carr was signed this winter and looked shaky during the minicamp. He said he spent most of those workouts focusing on his mechanics."

Wow. He looked shaky? That's a shocker.

Vinny
06-24-2008, 05:02 PM
Lorenzen was cut by the Giants...so Carr has a better chance to make the roster.Lorenzen was the third QB battling for the QB2. I think Carr is competing with Anthony Wright for that spot now with Andre Woodson going to the PS.

ledzeppelin229
06-24-2008, 05:11 PM
"I still feel like I haven't begun to tap what I can do as far as playing, so I'm excited about it."
~ David Carr

His quote actually makes perfect sense, but he left out a crucial part.

He hasn't and he won't.

Double Barrel
06-24-2008, 05:12 PM
Jared Lorenzen, the portly backup quarterback who had almost as many nicknames as NFL snaps in four years with the Giants, was among five players waived by the team yesterday.

Rome was going over his many nicknames today, and some of them were just funny!

BBQ (Big Beautiful Quarterback)
Hefty Lefty
The Abominable Throwman
Round Mound of Touchdown
The Pillsbury Throwboy
Quarter(got)back
Lord Of The Ring-Dings

I hope he gets picked up and succeeds somewhere. The NFL lacks players with cool nicknames these days, and this guy has more than enough to go around. He just needs to make the cut somewhere.

Texecutioner
06-24-2008, 05:23 PM
I heard several members on another board criticize Houston fans for kicking David out of town and how unfair the city was towards him and all about how the coaching staff ruined him.

I couldn't have laughed harder at that. David was given way more chances than he ever deserved. There really are people out there though that believe that Houston ruined Carr, and that none of his play efficiencies were or are even his fault today.

I'd love to see ole David wearing a STAR in Dallas.

Texan_Bill
06-24-2008, 05:34 PM
I heard several members on another board criticize Houston fans for kicking David out of town and how unfair the city was towards him and all about how the coaching staff ruined him.

I couldn't have laughed harder at that. David was given way more chances than he ever deserved. There really are people out there though that believe that Houston ruined Carr, and that none of his play efficiencies were or are even his fault today.

Signed,

Carolina Panthers fans pre 2007 season.

I'd love to see ole David wearing a STAR in Dallas.

That would make you, Dread-Head, and me for sure.

Throw in Houston Frog for good measure... :tease:

Honoring Earl 34
06-24-2008, 05:47 PM
Carr went to Carolina because he said they would'nt mess with his mechanics . He stated the Panthers are more interested in the execution of the plays and that's what he needed .

Carr has blamed everybody and their dog while making millions ... must be nice . The only thing that might be tapped would be Strahan catching him in the shower ( I know he retired ) .

Second Honeymoon
06-24-2008, 05:50 PM
carr sucks and always will suck...u heard it here first

he makes as many excuses for himself as some Texans fans did....and that is pretty pathetic

i had read many reviews on his play in NY and they were all pretty critical...his chances of making the team just improve with Lorenzen getting cut but I think Woodson may be the #3 and they will just cut Carr. The guy is just a bad quarterback and a sorry excuse for a professional athlete. screw him and his tired act....i still cant believe NY signed the guy to compete for backup and for $1 million...the money isn't guaranteed so maybe the GM didn't want to look bad and cut Carr so early in his trials as a Giant.

maybe some New Yorker can pour another beer on his wife and David can get his panties in a wad about it again...what a complete tool

Joe Texan
06-24-2008, 05:56 PM
I thought this was about classics

Honoring Earl 34
06-24-2008, 05:56 PM
http://youtube.com/watch?v=0zeeMRDJ3Xs

Second Honeymoon
06-24-2008, 06:31 PM

yeah another pathetic interview where morons make blanket excuses for him and act like the guy is Jesus in cleats. there is another one where he talks about the tough times in Houston and stuff like that. things were tough because the dude was pants at playing QB in the NFL. pure and simple and it was painfully obvious to any honest observer. Carr couldn't hit the slant on a blitz and had to dump off to RB, scramble or Fresno Tuck. He couldn't throw short/medium over the middle of the field due to his lame release trajectory and was reliant on passing lanes to do just about anything. Throw those fundamental flaws in with a bad work ethic and low football IQ and you have a horrible excuse for a QB much less a #1 overall 'face of the franchise'. Tony Banks was a superior to Carr, but he wasn't Mr.Golden Boy so he rode the pine. We are just getting the egg off our face as a franchise.

he was too caught up in his family and stubborn pride to realize that he was the problem and that he needed to fix what he was doing, fix his mechanics, and fix his preparation dedication. he failed to do all 3 and then became a divisive force in the locker room. once that happened, Texans brass were forced to admit that they failed in selecting Carr and failed at resigning him to the maximum option extension.

Nothing EVER pissed me off more than him getting the maximum team option as if to say 'dont worry about the people calling for your head in the media, fanbase, and lockerroom. don't worry about the VY phenomena in Texas. you are 'my guy'. It's OK david, its not your fault. we love you and want to show you how much. we will even go out of our way to show you how much we care about you'....that carebear crap was a one way ticket to failure and I blame Bob McNair squarely for that. He was running the team like a family business and he needs to get over that real quick and can never let that happen again....recent moves and interviews suggest that the lesson has been learned by McNair and it looks unlikely that Bob will ever be shanghaied like that again. It can not happen again.

Honoring Earl 34
06-24-2008, 07:08 PM
yeah another pathetic interview where morons make blanket excuses for him and act like the guy is Jesus in cleats. there is another one where he talks about the tough times in Houston and stuff like that. things were tough because the dude was pants at playing QB in the NFL. pure and simple and it was painfully obvious to any honest observer. Carr couldn't hit the slant on a blitz and had to dump off to RB, scramble or Fresno Tuck. He couldn't throw short/medium over the middle of the field due to his lame release trajectory and was reliant on passing lanes to do just about anything. Throw those fundamental flaws in with a bad work ethic and low football IQ and you have a horrible excuse for a QB much less a #1 overall 'face of the franchise'. Tony Banks was a superior to Carr, but he wasn't Mr.Golden Boy so he rode the pine. We are just getting the egg off our face as a franchise.

he was too caught up in his family and stubborn pride to realize that he was the problem and that he needed to fix what he was doing, fix his mechanics, and fix his preparation dedication. he failed to do all 3 and then became a divisive force in the locker room. once that happened, Texans brass were forced to admit that they failed in selecting Carr and failed at resigning him to the maximum option extension.

Nothing EVER pissed me off more than him getting the maximum team option as if to say 'dont worry about the people calling for your head in the media, fanbase, and lockerroom. don't worry about the VY phenomena in Texas. you are 'my guy'. It's OK david, its not your fault. we love you and want to show you how much. we will even go out of our way to show you how much we care about you'....that carebear crap was a one way ticket to failure and I blame Bob McNair squarely for that. He was running the team like a family business and he needs to get over that real quick and can never let that happen again....recent moves and interviews suggest that the lesson has been learned by McNair and it looks unlikely that Bob will ever be shanghaied like that again. It can not happen again.

He said saying y'all was nonsense ... get a rope .

thunderkyss
06-24-2008, 07:14 PM
Nothing EVER pissed me off more than him getting the maximum team option as if to say 'dont worry about the people calling for your head in the media, fanbase, and lockerroom. don't worry about the VY phenomena in Texas. you are 'my guy'. It's OK david, its not your fault. we love you and want to show you how much. we will even go out of our way to show you how much we care about you'....that carebear crap was a one way ticket to failure and I blame Bob McNair squarely for that.

You know, I wasn't too happy with the idea of keeping David around past the '05 season, but c'mon...

Bob McNair made some mistakes.... whether those mistakes were forcing David into the starting line-up regardless what his coaches thought, or keeping said coach way beyond any right he may have earned, or allowing that coach to continue to do the nothing that got this team in the shape it was in, in 2006.

I respect McNair for saying, "Look Dave..... I f@#ed up, but I'll make it right. I'll get you a QB coach, and I'll give you another fat check.... "

David should have seen that, if it weren't explicitly stated, at the very least, he should have seen he did not earn that bonus. He should have made the decision to earn that bonus from then on.

but he didn't. :gun:

Brando
06-24-2008, 09:23 PM
Lorenzen was the third QB battling for the QB2. I think Carr is competing with Anthony Wright for that spot now with Andre Woodson going to the PS.

Hopefully nothing happens to Eli then because that is a disastrous back up QB situation. It makes me appreciate having Sage as a back up even more.

Honoring Earl 34
06-24-2008, 09:50 PM
Hopefully nothing happens to Eli then because that is a disastrous back up QB situation. It makes me appreciate having Sage as a back up even more.

Ol' Dave just thought the Texan fans were brutal .

Hooston Texan
06-24-2008, 11:04 PM
Can you imagine if Carr somehow won the #2 job and then Eli got hurt in, say the third game? What he got in Carolina--or here--isn't going to come close to what will await him in the Meadowlands. At that point, I will actually start feeling sorry for the guy.

dc_txtech
06-25-2008, 01:57 AM

David Carr: "We had enough fun to win us a couple of games"

Yes Davie, their is a direct and proportional relationship between the amount of fun had and the number of games won.

I really want to just forget about Carr, but I would love to see him play for any team that is not Houston. I think when Steve Smith disappeared last year, the world came to terms with Carr never becoming a legit NFL player.

StarStruck
06-25-2008, 05:51 PM
Fire Sale!

http://search.ebay.com/search/search.dll?from=R40&_trksid=m37&satitle=houston+texans+authentic+jersey&category0=

thunderkyss
06-25-2008, 06:00 PM
Can you imagine if Carr somehow won the #2 job

NO I can't

ATXtexanfan
06-25-2008, 06:28 PM
i wonder if this thread will one day end? naw, all i gotta do is remember he left houston with about 35 million to get pissed off all over again. crappy year to have the top pick ala alex smith

OzzO
06-26-2008, 07:19 AM
We support this thread, see.

Signed,
http://espn-att.starwave.com/i/nfl/profiles/coaches/30004.jpghttp://www.allamericanspeakers.com/sportspeakers/photos/7780Charley_Casserly.jpg

you know you miss these guys.

Honoring Earl 34
06-26-2008, 09:05 AM
i wonder if this thread will one day end? naw, all i gotta do is remember he left houston with about 35 million to get pissed off all over again. crappy year to have the top pick ala alex smith

35 million after taxes .

Honoring Earl 34
07-25-2008, 09:26 AM
http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/giants/2008/07/carr-tyree-wilkinson-not-ready.html

Carr, who is battling for the backup quarterback job, strained his foot working out last week. Coughlin said the status for both players is “wait and see.”

The Pencil Neck
07-25-2008, 10:00 AM
http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/giants/2008/07/carr-tyree-wilkinson-not-ready.html

He hurt his foot working out.

It says that Danny Clark is injured, too. Sports hernia.

Vinny
07-25-2008, 10:02 AM
He hurt his foot working out.

It says that Danny Clark is injured, too. Sports hernia. the rumor is that he hurt himself during an "aggressive" pedicure.

hobie
07-25-2008, 10:04 AM
the rumor is that he hurt himself during an "aggressive" pedicure.

Maybe he will wear gloves over his feet now....

Wolf
07-25-2008, 10:05 AM
I can see it now

1st white gloves and now

http://www.derwent-house-accommodation-supplies.com/image-files/slipperstowel.jpg

:joker:

Texan_Bill
07-25-2008, 10:07 AM
I can see it now

1st white gloves and now

http://www.derwent-house-accommodation-supplies.com/image-files/slipperstowel.jpg

:joker:

lol:

cuppacoffee
07-25-2008, 12:25 PM
My perspective!

Carr was big man on campus while at Fresno State. Every man’s dream.

He married very well.. and has a great family. Every man’s dream.

He was the #1 pick in the NFL and was compensated very well.. in his initial contract. Every man’s dream.

He was resigned for additional millions... Every man’s dream.

After being released by the Texans he signed for more millions.. from the Panthers. Every man’s dream.

He recently was signed by the Super Bowl Giants. He now has a chance to continue his career, such as it has been. Every man’s dream.

It bothers some that the greatest stats’ Carr has are those in the bank..:money:.

It doesn’t seem to bother Carr that he didn’t live up to others expectations of him…. He is a very rich..… but not a very good quarterback.

And that upsets some fans.:dangit:

I say more power to him…:highfive:..and lets go Texans:gotexans1 ..

:backsout: :coffee:

HOU-TEX
07-25-2008, 12:31 PM
Nevermind

Texan_Bill
07-25-2008, 12:38 PM
My perspective:

http://bajan.files.wordpress.com/2008/03/2-6-5-thief-420.gif

con·science /ˈkɒnʃəns/ Pronunciation Key -
–noun
1. the inner sense of what is right or wrong in one's conduct or motives, impelling one toward right action: to follow the dictates of conscience.
2. the complex of ethical and moral principles that controls or inhibits the actions or thoughts of an individual.
3. an inhibiting sense of what is prudent: I'd eat another piece of pie but my conscience would bother me.

cuppacoffee
07-25-2008, 12:48 PM
My perspective!

Carr sucks! Always has and always will. His family life meant nothing to me and to my surprise.....it still doesn't.

:texflag:

Yet.. some people still follow his career and everything that's said/written about him.

Seems strange to me...but that's just more perspective.

:gotexans1

:coffee:

brakos82
07-25-2008, 12:49 PM
I was playing against the Giants on Madden... guess who was the placeholder? :D

HOU-TEX
07-25-2008, 01:07 PM
Yet.. some people still follow his career and everything that's said/written about him.

Seems strange to me...but that's just more perspective.

:gotexans1

And I am not one of them. As far as I'm concerned, his career is over.

Actually I'm kinda pissed I even posted in this thread. Maybe it just peeved me a bit to see it come back to life, jokingly or not.

Matter of fact, I'm going to delete my last post. :shades:

Double Barrel
07-25-2008, 01:08 PM
My perspective:

David who? :um:

&

GO TEXANS!!! LOUD & PROUD! :texflag: :redtowel: :fans:

SheTexan
07-25-2008, 02:06 PM
My perspective:

David who? :um:

&

GO TEXANS!!! LOUD & PROUD! :texflag: :redtowel: :fans:

AGREE!!!! Let's move on!! Look to the future!!!!!!

Second Honeymoon
07-25-2008, 02:30 PM
they should relabel this thread, 'The Thread That Will Not Die'

its gonna take a Mothra or Godzilla to take down this thread, seriously.

as for Carr, he can get lost as far as I am concerned.
Dude needs to go away and go back to making movies like Zoolander and being a member of the Jonas Brothers.

http://www.ladyrattlerathletics.com/zoolander.jpg
Blue Steel

http://z.about.com/d/top40/1/0/Z/Z/jonasbros.jpg
Submit to the power of my eyebrows!!

cuppacoffee
07-26-2008, 01:45 PM
And I am not one of them. As far as I'm concerned, his career is over.

Actually I'm kinda pissed I even posted in this thread. Maybe it just peeved me a bit to see it come back to life, jokingly or not.

Matter of fact, I'm going to delete my last post. :shades:

Sorry Hou-Tex.. :D Just a slow day for me..too hot to mow the grass.

I've avoided this thread :stirpot:for a long time, should have stayed away permanently.

cuppacoffee
07-26-2008, 02:27 PM
My perspective:

–noun
1. the inner sense of what is right or wrong in one's conduct or motives, impelling one toward right action: to follow the dictates of conscience.
2. the complex of ethical and moral principles that controls or inhibits the actions or thoughts of an individual.
3. an inhibiting sense of what is prudent: I'd eat another piece of pie but my conscience would bother me.

Great image...:D... Many may say appropriate.

Main Entry: [2]ap·pro·pri·ate
Pronunciation: &-'prO-prE-&t
Function: adjective
Date: 15th century
: especially suitable or compatible : FITTING

Another word:

Main Entry: jeal·ou·sy
Pronunciation: 'je-l&-sE
Function: noun
Inflected Form(s): plural -sies
Date: 13th century
1 : a jealous disposition, attitude, or feeling
2 : zealous vigilance

I'll admit it. It fits me perfectly...My conscience wouldn't bother me a bit. Fools (in this case the owners and gm's)and their money are soon parted. I'd have taken the money and run too. Ummmm more pie with my coffee.

I'll be glad when the season starts and we can get away from these silly posts...;)

My absolutely, positively last post in this ridiculous thread.

steelbtexan
07-26-2008, 03:01 PM
The color of the Mittens match the color of his tampon.

I wonder if Tom Coughlin is going to let Rodger Carr run his practices.

Their whole family are so CALI. It's all about the Dough & the Show.

There is very little substance in that family.

IMO

TexanAddict
07-28-2008, 10:18 PM
If quarterbacks were judged based upon how they did in practice, guys like Rob Johnson and David Carr would still be in the league. Oh wait, the Giants picked up Carr this offseason in order to give him one last shot. Any lineman that played with Carr in Houston or Carolina can tell you how that is going to work out. It is doubtful that Carr ever ran out of bounds for two-yard losses in practice when he was off-limits to defenders. He has a penchant for doing just that in games.

Link (http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/writers/ross_tucker/07/28/qb.competitions/index.html?eref=T1)

This is awesome.

Wolf
07-28-2008, 10:26 PM
http://i.cdn.turner.com/si/multimedia/photo_gallery/0807/nfl.giants.training.camp/images/carr-tyree-jonathan-palmer.jpg

http://boards.giants.com/forums/thread/887050.aspx

Wolf
07-28-2008, 10:29 PM
QB David Carr continues to practice his throwing motion and footwork under the watchful eye of Quarterbacks Coach Chris Palmer. This morning Carr was playing catch with WR David Tyree instead of with WR Plaxico Burress as he had on Friday and Saturday. Plaxico may be in a snit because he does not have a new contract (and IMO will not get one until his health issues are resolved and the Giants are sure that he can go full-speed.) I don’t know if Carr has a nickname, but the one that come’s to mind is “legs like sticks.”

http://corner.bigblueinteractive.com/index.php?mode=2&thread=296298

Mr Mittens comes to mind
(vinny or whoever came up with that one)

Blazing Arrow
07-28-2008, 11:07 PM
My perspective:

LOL ... I would have rep'ed for this but it seems I have not passed on enough.

stingray
07-28-2008, 11:11 PM
The guys on Sirius NFL Radio were talking about how bad David Carr is as a Qb and that the only reason he is still in the league is because he has a strong arm and was a #1 overall pick. They also called him hamburger helper without the hamburger meat since he wore the white gloves.

Kaiser Toro
07-28-2008, 11:18 PM
The dude was our QB for five years. :gun:

Specnatz
07-29-2008, 12:09 AM

Ssshhh

Texan_Bill
07-29-2008, 08:51 AM
–noun

Great image...:D... Many may say appropriate.

Main Entry: [2]ap·pro·pri·ate
Pronunciation: &-'prO-prE-&t
Function: adjective
Date: 15th century
: especially suitable or compatible : FITTING

Another word:

Main Entry: jeal·ou·sy
Pronunciation: 'je-l&-sE
Function: noun
Inflected Form(s): plural -sies
Date: 13th century
1 : a jealous disposition, attitude, or feeling
2 : zealous vigilance

I'll admit it. It fits me perfectly...My conscience wouldn't bother me a bit. Fools (in this case the owners and gm's)and their money are soon parted. I'd have taken the money and run too. Ummmm more pie with my coffee.

I'll be glad when the season starts and we can get away from these silly posts...;)

My absolutely, positively last post in this ridiculous thread.

I guess 'jealous' would describe me... See I was raised with the ethic that you reap what you sow. You get what you earn. I never, ever realized that being an overrated, underachieving, mitten wearing, prima donna could get you riches....

So yes, in that regard - color me jealous..

BTW he didn't just steal $35 million from the Texans F.O. and owner. He stole it from us fans that paid to see him achieve new levels of suckiness for the better part of 5 seasons..

hobie
07-29-2008, 09:29 AM
I guess 'jealous' would describe me... See I was raised with the ethic that you reap what you sow. You get what you earn. I never, ever realized that being an overrated, underachieving, mitten wearing, prima donna could get you riches....

So yes, in that regard - color me jealous..

BTW he didn't just steal $35 million from the Texans F.O. and owner. He stole it from us fans that paid to see him achieve new levels of suckiness for the better part of 5 seasons..

Someones got to pay for those nice gloves he has...you think they run cheap?? Please, those are special gloves just like MJ had, you can't go to the mall and get those, and Isotoner doesn't have those either....

Texan_Bill
07-29-2008, 09:35 AM
http://www.laughingplacestore.com/images/products/1502L.jpg

Only $34.00 or $29.80 with discount - plus S&H from here: Mr. Mittens (http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://www.laughingplacestore.com/images/products/1502L.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.laughingplacestore.com/Product-1502.asp&h=750&w=802&sz=93&hl=en&start=4&um=1&tbnid=JeTGPVlbPvWFdM:&tbnh=134&tbnw=143&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dmickey%2Bmouse%2Bgloves%26um%3D1%26hl %3Den%26rls%3DHPIA,HPIA:2006-38,HPIA:en%26sa%3DN)

hobie
07-29-2008, 09:41 AM
http://www.laughingplacestore.com/images/products/1502L.jpg

Only $34.00 or $29.80 with discount - plus S&H from here: Mr. Mittens (http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://www.laughingplacestore.com/images/products/1502L.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.laughingplacestore.com/Product-1502.asp&h=750&w=802&sz=93&hl=en&start=4&um=1&tbnid=JeTGPVlbPvWFdM:&tbnh=134&tbnw=143&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dmickey%2Bmouse%2Bgloves%26um%3D1%26hl %3Den%26rls%3DHPIA,HPIA:2006-38,HPIA:en%26sa%3DN)

DAMN ! I was lead to believe something totally different, now I am pi**ed !!

Wolf
07-29-2008, 09:58 AM
I am very disappointed you go you guys.. y'all just can't see through the smoke and mirrors and fell for the first thing you saw .. Those weren't just any gloves you get, those were anti-fumbling gloves.. and honestly I don't know where you can get them but only one person had them and knows where to get them but rumors are they were called

magic fantasia gloves
http://imagecache2.allposters.com/images/pic/MCG/PFD1740~Sorcerer-Mickey-Fantasia-Magic-Posters.jpg

regular gloves doesn't give you the opportunity to stay in the league after the many years of poor play

I expected better, I am saddened on this day :thud:

False Start
07-29-2008, 10:50 AM
I made these a long time ago, I just thought I would contribute to this thread . :shades:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v440/SuperJoint88/davidcarrBAD3.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v440/SuperJoint88/davidmouse.jpg

:heh:

powerfuldragon
07-29-2008, 11:40 AM
lol. carr.

stingray
07-29-2008, 12:12 PM
Hamburger Helper but no meat.

http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb167/ray9175/helper.jpg

eriadoc
07-29-2008, 12:37 PM
This is still a topic? Can we just go ahead and merge this and the VY thread? Jeez.

Koolaid Time
07-29-2008, 07:46 PM
Does anyone expect Carr to be on the Giants roster at the end of camp???

Some team will cut a younger QB that played well in camp, and the Giants will pick him up because he is younger, quicker, and doesn't have the mental baggage of David Carr.....(and you don't have to pay him as much)

Wolf
07-29-2008, 08:55 PM
CARR STRUGGLING: Veteran quarterback David Carr has struggled in his opening days of training camp.

Carr fumbled a snap for the second straight day and threw an interception to safety Sammy Knight with no receiver in sight.

"He's just started to work," coach Tom Coughlin said. "He's going to need more time. He is getting limited snaps. It's going to take some time."

Carr was originally the No. 1 overall pick in the 2002 NFL Draft by the Houston Texans. He was released in March 2007 and spent last season with the Carolina Panthers, starting four games and playing in six without much success. He signed with the Giants in March as a potential veteran backup for Eli Manning.

http://www.mycentraljersey.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080729/SPORTS0301/807290386/-1/rss10

MightyTExan
07-30-2008, 09:44 AM
After two practices, David Carr still looks stiff and uncertain. The former No. 1 overall pick could wind up losing out in the battle for the Giants' No. 2 job.

http://www.newsday.com/sports/football/giants/ny-spgzone305782375jul30,0,7931149.story

PapaL
07-30-2008, 10:26 AM
Does anyone expect Carr to be on the Giants roster at the end of camp???

Some team will cut a younger QB that played well in camp, and the Giants will pick him up because he is younger, quicker, and doesn't have the mental baggage of David Carr.....(and you don't have to pay him as much)

I don't think he makes it.

Another team could cut and older, slower QB and he would still be better. The guy flat out can not read a D, not saying I can but I'm not trying to be an NFL QB.

Texan_Bill
07-30-2008, 10:29 AM
I don't think he makes it.

Another team could cut and older, slower QB and he would still be better. The guy flat out can not read a D, not saying I can but I'm not trying to be an NFL QB.

Mission: Reading defenses
Combatants: David Carr v. PapaL

Results: In a landslide, PapaL destroys David Carr.....

GlassHalfFull
07-30-2008, 12:28 PM
Is anyone here on a Giants mb? I bet the NY fans are crucifying DC.

And, DiapHer did a very mean thing to my dog. As if he wasn't depressed enough already.

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a47/DiapHer/codydavidcarr.jpg

Specnatz
07-30-2008, 12:39 PM
Is anyone here on a Giants mb? I bet the NY fans are crucifying DC.

And, DiapHer did a very mean thing to my dog. As if he wasn't depressed enough already.

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a47/DiapHer/codydavidcarr.jpg

I looked at the first couple of pages and not one thing regarding Carr.

Brando
07-30-2008, 12:48 PM
My perspective:

That was the wrong guy...he wasn't wearing the gloves!

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b252/Amberlybutterfly/Texans%20Signatures%20and%20pics/2-6-5-thief-420-1.gif

GuerillaBlack
07-30-2008, 01:59 PM
Did most of the people from California join this site because of Carr? A lot of them seemed to have left once he did, but some did stick around.

hollywood_texan
07-30-2008, 04:41 PM
Did most of the people from California join this site because of Carr? A lot of them seemed to have left once he did, but some did stick around.

I'm still here!!!

Hollywood Texan in Hollywood, CA!

Hervoyel
07-30-2008, 04:48 PM

Ah yes, "The Fresno Mafia" as they were known during Major Mittens heyday. They were to a man Texans fans till death and the most loyal fans a team could ever ask for......as long as you didn't cross them or point out anything negative about their boy.

Once he was gone they just kind of followed along like the groupies they were. I wonder how many of them have made it to the Giants fanbase? I wonder if Ibar is there? Hulk?

We'll never know.... and that's a good thing!

hollywood_texan
07-30-2008, 04:52 PM
Hulk

I miss that guy.

Someone should do a retrospective thread with his best postings.

Polo
07-30-2008, 04:57 PM
Guess the Giants just had to see for themselves!!!

Honoring Earl 34
07-30-2008, 06:49 PM
“(In Houston) other guys would talk about why they are only getting two, but I’m not one of those guys,” Carr said. “I’m not complaining. I’m just happy to be here, just trying to get better and happy to be with Chris and doing some good things.”

http://www.giants.com/news/headlines/story.asp?story_id=27663

New_Texans
07-30-2008, 07:04 PM
Deep down, based on the fact that this thread is still around, I think we still want to see the guy become a decent backup in the league. Mainly cause he was a nice guy that just sucked butt here in Houston.

PapaL
07-30-2008, 07:18 PM
Deep down, based on the fact that this thread is still around, I think we still want to see the guy become a decent backup in the league. Mainly cause he was a nice guy that just sucked butt here in Houston.

I don't think butt is what he was sucking. Not with that fab hair and Elton John gloves.

False Start
07-30-2008, 07:18 PM
http://i265.photobucket.com/albums/ii202/J4103V/gcrewcarr.jpg

Look at him ! Hes pathetic ! He needs to stop posing for pictures, and play football ! So ...... the first one to kick Carr's as* gets the rest of the day off !! Hes taking the white glove thing too far !

Second Honeymoon
07-31-2008, 01:15 AM

http://www.scopecreep.com/discus/messages/1895/2535.jpg

I knew that. What makes you think I didn't know that.

TexanSam
07-31-2008, 01:19 AM

I don't think it's that. I think it's because he was the first face of the franchise. For 5 years he was our QB. He was supposed to be our franchise QB. No matter who David Carr plays for, he will in all likelihood almost always be associated with the Texans. At least that's why I'm following his career still.

Buffi2
07-31-2008, 03:19 AM
As much as I hate to add to this thread - I couldn't resist this little interview titled
Carr Working to repair reputation with Giants

link (http://lohud.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080731/SPORTS01/807310436/-1/SPORTS)

"I think it's good just to be around a winning environment, regardless of the situation at quarterback," said Carr, who missed the first five practice sessions here while recovering from an offseason foot injury.

There are some questions to be answered.

"I wouldn't doubt it," said Carr, who failed to live up to expectations in five seasons with the Houston Texans and one with the Carolina Panthers. "I'd be wondering, too. What is his deal? This is the best team in football, and I wanted to prove I belong."

He got limited reps yesterday in practice, and there were some moments of indecision.

I, for one, think he has as much chance of making that team as I do.

TexanSam
07-31-2008, 03:30 AM
As much as I hate to add to this thread - I couldn't resist this little interview titled

link (http://lohud.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080731/SPORTS01/807310436/-1/SPORTS)

More from the same interview. Different newspaper though

http://www.newsday.com/sports/football/ny-spgiants315783474jul31,0,1966217.story

"I wanted to subtract all the variables I felt hindered us as a team anywhere else, and this was the best place I could find," he said. "I'll just go out there and if I'm good enough I'm good enough. If I'm not, then I'll know."

Carr hasn't gotten off to a rip-roaring start. He missed the first three and a half days of practices with plantar fasciitis, or a strained arch in his foot, after hurting himself while running in an old pair of sneakers about two weeks ago. Even after he made it to the field, he's looked shaky and has made some questionable decisions. For a starter, taking those chances isn't a big deal. But when a guy gets only a handful of attempts to make an impression, each throw counts.

MightyTExan
07-31-2008, 10:45 AM
Tell us something we didn't know...........

If quarterbacks were judged based upon how they did in practice, guys like Rob Johnson and David Carr would still be in the league. Oh wait, the Giants picked up Carr this offseason in order to give him one last shot. Any lineman that played with Carr in Houston or Carolina can tell you how that is going to work out. It is doubtful that Carr ever ran out of bounds for two-yard losses in practice when he was off-limits to defenders. He has a penchant for doing just that in games.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/writers/ross_tucker/07/28/qb.competitions/index.html

Hervoyel
07-31-2008, 11:06 AM

Actually, you're not in camp with the Giants which might make it tough on your making the team BUT it also conceals whatever shortcomings you may have in your game. You remain (to the Giants at least) "a mystery". David Carr is on the practice field with them. He can't hide there and by the time training camp ends they'll know everything they need to know about him.

I think your chances are better than his.

Texecutioner
07-31-2008, 11:18 AM
Actually, you're not in camp with the Giants which might make it tough on your making the team BUT it also conceals whatever shortcomings you may have in your game. You remain (to the Giants at least) "a mystery". David Carr is on the practice field with them. He can't hide there and by the time training camp ends they'll know everything they need to know about him.

I think your chances are better than his.

I hope he makes the squad. I want to see him in pre season. It's fun watching Carr when he's not a Texan. :mshadows:

Second Honeymoon
07-31-2008, 12:47 PM
That little pile of crap is still blaming everyone else.

Quote:
"I wanted to subtract all the variables I felt hindered us as a team anywhere else, and this was the best place I could find," he said. "I'll just go out there and if I'm good enough I'm good enough. If I'm not, then I'll know."

Dude is so ****ing dumb and so ****ing shallow that he can't realize that its on him. The variable that needs to be subtracted is him. He is still looking for excuses and trying to find the 'perfect' situation.

It's like he is still saying 'Im just trying to find a place where other people stop screwing up my career.'

This dude is a pile of garbage and anyone who believed in that loser feels like a big horse's ass right about now. McNair included.

If I saw this dude on the street I would call him a worthless douchebag and would tell him to take his lame pathetic act back to California and to get the hell out of our state. Just an embarassment to our franchise that needs to go away. Oh man, that quote set me off. Just a complete sack of cow excrement. freaking pathetic even by Carr's lowly standards.