PDA

View Full Version : All Encompassing Carr Thread

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4

2BCF
11-13-2007, 01:07 AM
No, he's injured. I was referring to last week when they played the Titans.

He's been concussed out.

ATX
11-13-2007, 12:50 PM
Great write up on Carr.......

CHARLOTTE, NC — The Carolina Panthers are hoping that a concussion suffered by quarterback David Carr might work to the team’s advantage. Since entering the league as the number one overall pick of the Texans six years ago, Carr has struggled to find consistency and success in the league.

“David’s problem is that he thinks too much,” Panthers Quarterbacks Coach Mike McCoy told SSNN. “With the concussion, obviously, the thinking ability of a player is likely to be severely hampered. It’s all instinct and reaction. We’re hoping that a spaced out David will lead to fewer questionable decisions.”

When starting QB Jake Delhomme was lost for the season, Panther fans hoped Carr would be able to step in and lead the team. However, Carr quickly reverted to his old form – panicking in the pocket and locking in on receivers.

Panthers Head Coach John Fox told reporters that Carr’s concussion could save his career. “He got the crap kicked out of him in Houston and it really messed him up. But who knows, with the concussion, he could become a totally different quarterback – one who’s not afraid to stand in the pocket and take a hit. Or at least one who has no idea that hit is coming and therefore no fear.”

“As long as Andre Johnson is out there, I think we have a real chance,” said a visibly dazed Carr. “Whether it’s me or Sage Rosenfels out there, with the defense this Texans team has, we can really stay in this thing.”

http://www.serioussportsnewsnetwork.com/2007/11/panthers-hope-carr-plays-better-with-concussion.html

Yeah it's fake, but too funny and might just be true.

Wolf
11-18-2007, 12:03 PM
Steve Smith out for Carolina (based on their MB

but thought this was funny

And the spread changed a couple hundred points now. Then again, he probably would have only had 3 catches for 12 yards.

http://www.carolinahuddle.com/forum/carolina-panthers/64526-steve-smith-out.html

Spled
11-18-2007, 06:07 PM
Could he get punch drunk and turn into Joe Montana?

drewmar74
11-21-2007, 03:01 PM
Not a homer, not a hater. Just an observer. And I think I may be observing the end of a career.

CHARLOTTE, N.C. (AP) - For the past several weeks, Carolina Panthers coach John Fox has been careful not to name a front-runner at quarterback between Vinny Testaverde and David Carr.

On Wednesday, Fox made it clear: He's going with the 44-year-old.
"Right now, if everybody is healthy, Vinny will be the starter," Fox said.

The move comes after the Panthers gave Carr a two-year, $6 million deal in the offseason to back up Jake Delhomme. But since Delhomme was lost to a season-ending right elbow injury in Week 3, Carr has been ineffective.

He's had a back injury and two concussions, but when Carr has played he's struggled to find receivers and has appeared skittish in the pocket.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/7473920

kastofsna
11-21-2007, 03:12 PM
yeah, it's probably the end of Testaverde's career.

Double Barrel
11-21-2007, 03:13 PM
Man, does Carolina's offensive line suck or what?!

drewmar74
11-21-2007, 03:22 PM
yeah, it's probably the end of Testaverde's career.

I'd say both of them, actually.

Vinny will probably hang it up for good.

Carr will probably get another chance but I'd be willing to be wager that he's out of the league by Jan. or Feb. of 09.

Maybe they just need some veteran leadership to mentor the young guys. Oh, and some WR's and a stud RB. Get all that done and Carr will thrive.

:sarcasm:

petedy
11-21-2007, 03:50 PM
I'd say both of them, actually.

Vinny will probably hang it up for good.

Carr will probably get another chance but I'd be willing to be wager that he's out of the league by Jan. or Feb. of 09.

Maybe they just need some veteran leadership to mentor the young guys. Oh, and some WR's and a stud RB. Get all that done and Carr will thrive.

No,Carr is basically done with the Panthers.Vinny has been named the starter for the remaining few games of the season. This will be the end of his NFL carreer and not Vinny's. I'm sure most of you fine upstanding people will take this news with great glee.

Honoring Earl 34
11-21-2007, 04:24 PM
No,Carr is basically done with the Panthers.Vinny has been named the starter for the remaining few games of the season. This will be the end of his NFL carreer and not Vinny's. I'm sure most of you fine upstanding people will take this news with great glee.

Well ... it just shows you the Panthers FO is a lot smarter than our old regime . :cowboy1:

Double Barrel
11-21-2007, 04:41 PM

"Glee"...what a funny word.

No, our "glee" was when the Texans released the player last off-season. Most of us could care less about the fellow outside of this water-cooler discussion.

drewmar74
11-21-2007, 04:49 PM
water-cooler discussion.

Probably the best possible description of my feelings at this point.....

2BCF
11-22-2007, 12:46 AM

I blame the owner.
Giving up on a player after a few rough starts?
A good owner would realize that it's gonna take several years to develop such a gifted talent.
Perhaps even half a decade or so.
How else would you know what he could really do if only given the chance? :shades:

Wolf
11-22-2007, 07:00 PM
http://www.gastongazette.com/sports/carr_13203___article.html/testaverde_panthers.html

CHARLOTTE — David Carr came to Carolina hoping to be a part of a winning football team and have a chance to resurrect his NFL career.
Needless to say, things haven’t gone well for Carr since signing a two-year, $6 million contract with the Panthers in the spring.

In three starts, he’s suffered two concussions and a compression fracture in his back and the Panthers are 4-6. He hasn’t enjoyed the protection he thought he would when he escaped the Houston Texans — he’s been sacked 12 times, which is more than Carolina’s other three quarterbacks combined — and now he’s been benched indefinitely for 44-year-old Vinny Testaverde.
And the season isn’t even over yet.

“This whole year has been a little crazy, to tell you the truth,” Carr said. “A little different than I had expected. At the same time, if my number is called I’ll got out there and have fun, try to do what I can to give the team a spark and try to win a football game. I support whatever (coach John Fox) decides.”
So what did he expect?
“To tell you the truth, I don’t know,” Carr said.
Carr isn’t into analyzing why Testaverde, whom the Panthers signed off the street last month after Carr injured his back, is playing instead of him.

“If I tried to think about that all night, I’d drive myself crazy,” Carr said. “I wouldn’t be too much fun on Thanksgiving.”
He believes injuries have had something to do with it, saying just this week he’s finally “pretty close” to 100 percent.
When Carr has played, he’s looked more than a little skittish in the pocket, especially since suffering the back injury on Oct. 7 against New Orleans.

11-23-2007, 12:33 PM
music to my ears.

Hervoyel
11-23-2007, 07:30 PM
http://www.gastongazette.com/sports/carr_13203___article.html/testaverde_panthers.html

You notice how he's still just going out there and trying to have fun? He was all about having fun out there when he was a Texan too.

One thing I think we can all agree on is that a football player who no longer enjoys the game is hard to watch and very rarely successful. We often hear that teams or players doing badly "aren't having fun anymore" and we all dread the idea that the "game" can become just a "job" to a player whose lost his desire to compete.

I think that this can go too far the other way too. I think that the way David is constantly talking about how he's "having fun out there", "trying to go out there and have fun", and "keeping things in perspective and having a good time" needs to maybe focus a little less on how much fun the game is and possibly try getting serious about his job. In a lot of ways he's got too damned much perspective. You don't want your QB to smile, nod, and clearly understand deep down inside that it's all just a game and not very important in the grand scheme of things. You want your QB to lose sleep at night when he has a bad game. You want him to obsess over timing with his receivers. You want him to worry about losing and to lust after winning.

David Carr just bounces a kid on his knee, smiles, and knows he's loved by Jesus. David Carr knows better than to sweat the small stuff. He might very well be right and that's great but that's also exactly what's wrong with him.

Second Honeymoon
11-24-2007, 11:11 AM
You notice how he's still just going out there and trying to have fun? He was all about having fun out there when he was a Texan too.

One thing I think we can all agree on is that a football player who no longer enjoys the game is hard to watch and very rarely successful. We often hear that teams or players doing badly "aren't having fun anymore" and we all dread the idea that the "game" can become just a "job" to a player whose lost his desire to compete.

I think that this can go too far the other way too. I think that the way David is constantly talking about how he's "having fun out there", "trying to go out there and have fun", and "keeping things in perspective and having a good time" needs to maybe focus a little less on how much fun the game is and possibly try getting serious about his job. In a lot of ways he's got too damned much perspective. You don't want your QB to smile, nod, and clearly understand deep down inside that it's all just a game and not very important in the grand scheme of things. You want your QB to lose sleep at night when he has a bad game. You want him to obsess over timing with his receivers. You want him to worry about losing and to lust after winning.

David Carr just bounces a kid on his knee, smiles, and knows he's loved by Jesus. David Carr knows better than to sweat the small stuff. He might very well be right and that's great but that's also exactly what's wrong with him.

i agree, David is a pathetic excuse for a professional athlete. 'have fun'?!?!?! how the hell can you have fun when you are 2-14. the dude obviously doesnt care about football or care about competing....even after the guy lost his job, he still doesnt care. football is a job to him and a 9-5 job at that. he lacks all of the professional dedication that it takes and he has no pride in his game or skill at all. just a pathetic pathetic excuse of an athlete. wasn't it great when we won 2 games in a row this past week, we didn't have a parade or have some media expose of our QB getting his stupid freaking hair cut? didn't it feel nice not even hearing it mentioned as anything of merit? david carr is the curse of no expectations and a curse that has finally left the texans and will soon be gone from the league...FOREVER.

isn't it funny how we made no changes on offense (green hasnt been healthy so he doesnt count) and we go from being totally inept to being a quality entertaining offense that has big play potential and wins games for us? I can't remember ONE GAME that Carr and the offense ever won for us in our first 5 years of existence as a franchise. If I saw this guy on the street I would laugh my arse off at him. 'David, you suck. You are a loser. Go spend time with your family you pansy...oh and Michael Jackson called, he wants his gloves back.'

whoever thought this guy was EVER a good QB should be drawn and quartered and put in a blender....

....oh wait that would be half the board and Bumblin' Bob himself....never mind.

OzzO
11-24-2007, 12:31 PM
So what did he expect?
“To tell you the truth, I don’t know,” Carr said.

Let's remind Carr what he expected (http://www.cbc.ca/story/sports/national/2007/04/13/nfl-panthers-carr.html) when he chose the Panthers over Seahawks....

"If I learned anything in the last five years, that is where football games are won and lost," Carr said. "You get to a point where you're in survival mode, which is hard for me.

"Honestly, in the last five years, we haven't had much spark. If we were stuck in the forest it would be hard to light a fire with what we had going on."

Not only did Carr want to play for a team with an established offensive line but he wanted to play for a winner.

"I have been on an expansion team and it's not fun," Carr said, noting that the Texans have gone 24-56 since entering the NFL in 2002.

"I've been on teams that aren't winning and it wasn't exciting. Football is a hard enough game when you go out there and you are battling everything and you go out and lose.

"It makes it hard. I wanted to be on a team that was fun and exciting and, whether I had a chance to play right away, it didn't matter to me."

As long as he's on a winning team with an "established offensive line" and it's fun and exciting. Oh, and he can't start fires.

Great guy, but not the "NFL is priority" material.

Second Honeymoon
11-24-2007, 05:18 PM
some guy going through the motions for 5 years isn't a 'great guy' to me. He is reaping what he sowed. Good riddance.

Honoring Earl 34
11-24-2007, 06:06 PM
"Honestly, in the last five years, we haven't had much spark. If we were stuck in the forest it would be hard to light a fire with what we had going on."

Dear David ... you were supposed to be the flint that made the spark .

Oh well times up and the slipper does'nt fit . The gloves do for what it's worth .

CloakNNNdagger
11-24-2007, 09:57 PM
Chances are that Carr will get a chance to put his other foot into the grave:

BREAKING NEWS (http://www.carolinagrowl.com/Read.aspx?Story=379): Testaverde added to injury report as questionable after back tightens up
Written by Steve Reed
11/24/2007 12:37:36 PM

CHARLOTTE -- So much for quarterback stablity.

The Carolina Panthers on Saturday added 44-year-old quarterback Vinny Testaverde to their injury report as questionable for Sunday's game against New Orleans with stiffness in his back.

According to team spokesman Charlie Dayton, Testaverde's back tightened up after Friday's practice.

The Panthers did not practice Saturday.

Dayton said coach John Fox will make a game-time decision on Testaverde's status.

If Testaverde doesn't play, it's expected David Carr would start against the Saints. Carr's only win as a starter this season came in Week 5 against New Orleans.

The Panthers also have Matt Moore on the roster, but he is considered their third-string quarterback.

Fox named Testaverde the starter on Wednesday, saying he wanted to have some stability at the quarterback situation.

2BCF
11-25-2007, 03:00 AM
They seem to be taking it well over at carolinahuddle:

http://www.carolinahuddle.com/forum/carolina-panthers/64921-panthers-qb-testaverde-now-questionable-sunday.html

sakebomb
11-25-2007, 08:42 AM
It is so funny how they are saying the same things that were said on this board. You can go back in our archives and copy some of the quotes and post them over there. The quotes will be a couple of years old but they still apply.

4Texans
11-25-2007, 05:59 PM
And it took us 5 years, and over $35 mill to figure out he's not an NFL QB...:gun:

TheRealJoker
11-25-2007, 06:10 PM
He almost hit 100 yards passing today!!!

J-Russ
11-25-2007, 08:43 PM
"It's not like we were purposely trying to not score points," Carr said. "They were chanting 'More' -- that they wanted more points. And we were trying to give it to them."

http://www.carolinahuddle.com/forum/carolina-panthers/65024-david-carr-denial.html

hilarious.

Wolf
11-25-2007, 08:51 PM
http://www.carolinahuddle.com/forum/carolina-panthers/65024-david-carr-denial.html

hilarious.

http://www.charlotte.com/panthers/story/378088.html

last paragraph for those that think it was a joke.

wow...I like Carr as a person and wish him well, but as far as football..he is done

Honoring Earl 34
11-25-2007, 08:59 PM
"It's not like we were purposely trying to not score points," Carr said. "They were chanting 'More' -- that they wanted more points. And we were trying to give it to them."

Wow ... I'd pay good money to see the Carr clan vs the Hilton's on family feud .

Wolf
11-25-2007, 09:00 PM
see what the wonderlic scores and combine really shows before drafting.

RazorOye
11-26-2007, 12:42 AM
When he only throws for 95 yards and has a completion percentage below 50% on THIS Saints' secondary.... that's downright inexcuseable

And how do you not throw at Jason David more often?

It's been a key part of offensive schemes against us - but Carr couldn't make it work

Texans_Chick
11-26-2007, 09:43 AM
http://www.charlotte.com/panthers/story/378088.html

last paragraph for those that think it was a joke.

wow...I like Carr as a person and wish him well, but as far as football..he is done

The paper today says it was a joke. "Made with a lopsided grin."

This is my favorite comment about his performance, from the always entertaining mjd in today's The Debriefing (http://sports.aol.com/fanhouse/2007/11/26/the-debriefing-the-seven-deadly-sins-of-sunday-week-12/).

The Sinner: David Carr: 10-of-22, 95 yards, 0 TDs, 2 INTs. He's awful. Just terrible. No one can tell me that there aren't 10 quarterbacks in the Arena League, or playing in Canada that could step into the NFL tomorrow and be better than David Carr. I hate watching him play. I'd rather watch Mike Holmgren get a nude, full-body, hot oil massage from Dennis Green.

Sorry about that if you are eating breakfast. He adds this:

Saints cornerback Jason Craft on his team's strategy against the Panthers:

"We knew if we could go ahead and kind of disrupt [Panthers QB David] Carr a little bit, he would make some bad decisions."
Pretty good gameplanning by the Saints there. "We're going to use a defensive line today, so since we're playing David Carr, we should be in pretty good shape."

And they were. Carr was awful. Carr is awful. You really don't even need to disrupt him to get him to make bad decisions ... all you really need to do is get him to put on a football uniform Then you're all set.

Vinny
11-26-2007, 09:49 AM
I still can't believe that the Texans forced this hunk of garbage down our throat for 5 years and kept spinning his game to us as if we were too stupid to see how awful he was....the sad part is that a big chunk of our fans just bought it.

Texan_Bill
11-26-2007, 09:56 AM
Not sure if anyone posted this link before, but here is the link to Mister Mittens : Mister Mittens (http://mistermittens.org/)

Texans_Chick
11-26-2007, 10:05 AM
I still can't believe that the Texans forced this hunk of garbage down our throat for 5 years and kept spinning his game to us as if we were too stupid to see how awful he was....the sad part is that a big chunk of our fans just bought it.

A lot of the league was stupid about it too. This is a league that Charlie Casserly does commentary for, and he's the guy that continued to maintain even after the season was going on that David Carr could be a QB in the NFL.

jerek
11-26-2007, 10:14 AM
For the record I think I bought into him having the "tools" (arm strength, speed) and hoped that his vision--the single overwhelming reason he continues to be so awful--could be improved with coaching and a better supporting cast. There is little denying that Capers and his staff of goons were awful at developing talent and I hoped that Carr would improve with a change of scenery.

Having said that ... thanks for ruining Steve Smith on my fantasy team.

Second Honeymoon
11-26-2007, 11:41 AM

yup, and you and I were labeled as dumbarses and no-nothings and haters by the myriad throngs of Carr homers. The guy was no good and never was good. now everyone acts like they knew it all along, but we know the truth, Vinny.....and I have a laundry list of bad reputation to prove how much Carr myopia there was in this city and this board.

Oh, and to the people that say they like him as a 'person'? why?!? because he is white, good looking, and a christian? a good 'person' wouldn't blame everyone else for their problems and wouldn't let a whole city down by not being dedicated to football and spending more time in his living room than in the film room during football season. What is there to like about that other than him being white, attractive, and a good provider for his kids. That isn't anything special to like.

this guy crapped all over your franchise, yet you call him a 'good person'.....just pathetic.

HoustonFrog
11-26-2007, 11:48 AM
yup, and you and I were labeled as dumbarses and no-nothings and haters by the myriad throngs of Carr homers. The guy was no good and never was good. now everyone acts like they knew it all along, but we know the truth, Vinny.....and I have a laundry list of bad reputation to prove how much Carr myopia there was in this city and this board.

Oh, and to the people that say they like him as a 'person'? why?!? because he is white, good looking, and a christian? a good 'person' wouldn't blame everyone else for their problems and wouldn't let a whole city down by not being dedicated to football and spending more time in his living room than in the film room during football season. What is there to like about that other than him being white, attractive, and a good provider for his kids. That isn't anything special to like.

this guy crapped all over your franchise, yet you call him a 'good person'.....just pathetic.

Oh, I was labeled a big time hater who knew nothing about football because I stated a bunch of facts about his vision, staring down receivers and lack of progress regarding simple NFL QBing things like throwing the ball away and going downfield. Despite the fact that Couch was in a similar scenario with no backers and that it wasn't uncommon for a guy drafted that high at QB to be a bust. People wanted to just keep selling the excuses. In all honesty, I didn't whole sale buy into supporting the Texans until he left. I never could watch him and knowingly cheer his 4-5 wins when he was bringing the team down.

Second Honeymoon
11-26-2007, 11:50 AM
A lot of the league was stupid about it too. This is a league that Charlie Casserly does commentary for, and he's the guy that continued to maintain even after the season was going on that David Carr could be a QB in the NFL.

what do you expect him to say? he is the moron that drafted the guy (and heath shuler, I might add). it was obvious to most NFL people that Carr was and always will be a horrible QB.

during this past season it was painfully obvious that the league knew how bad Carr sucks. only two teams even considered him a quality backup and now even they know he sucks as a backup.

basically when casserley says something, you have to realize how much of a moron he is and what his track record is. the fact that he is collecting a paycheck is a testament of just how bad CBS's pre-game show is.....unwatchable.

Screw Carr and I hope he never plays another down in this league. Then he can have plenty of time to spend with his family and he can stop trying to pretend to be a professional athlete. oh, and if ANY pre-game show hires him as an analyst, i think I might have to puke. The guy should be selling bibles and snake juice out of the trunk of his car....not acting like he knows anything about football....just another mimbo that fooled a lot of you.

thank God he is gone and that his career is just about over....its been way overdue and that 'We Want Moore' chant was hilarious. I watched a lot of that game on Sunday Ticket and me and my friend were just laughing at how bad he was and how few fans were even in the stands. carr's career is over and Fox's might be over by hitching his wagon to that waste of space.

Second Honeymoon
11-26-2007, 11:57 AM
Oh, I was labeled a big time hater who knew nothing about football because I stated a bunch of facts about his vision, staring down receivers and lack of progress regarding simple NFL QBing things like throwing the ball away and going downfield. Despite the fact that Couch was in a similar scenario with no backers and that it wasn't uncommon for a guy drafted that high at QB to be a bust. People wanted to just keep selling the excuses. In all honesty, I didn't whole sale buy into supporting the Texans until he left. I never could watch him and knowingly cheer his 4-5 wins when he was bringing the team down.

yup, you have always been in touch with reality as well. i just don't let the color of a player's jersey dictate how I feel about the guy. as a matter of fact, if a player on my home team is bad, I am even harder on him than a bad player on another team. Some people just don't like to admit that our team was stupid and that Carr's selection and re-signing retarded the development of our franchise tenfold.

and jerek, you were one of the biggest Carr homers in existence so don't be surprised if I don't shed a tear about Carr ruining one of your fantasy football stars seasons.....sounds like poetic justice to me :)

as for our current QB, he has a long ways to go but he has already made more progress in 11 games than Carr did in 6 seasons. At least our football is watchable and exciting now. The turnovers need to end but sometimes they are going to happen....you just have to limit them. I think Schaub has the dedication and professionalism to improe and progress as a NFL QB. That is what i look for in a QB, not just a strong yet flawed arm and a nice haircut.

David Carr's NFL Career - R.I.P.

jerek
11-26-2007, 12:09 PM
and jerek, you were one of the biggest Carr homers in existence so don't be surprised if I don't shed a tear about Carr ruining one of your fantasy football stars seasons.....sounds like poetic justice to me :)

Honestly I may have been a homer in that I believed--apparently wrongly--that he could be "fixed" as a player. So be it.

But it never ceases to amaze just how much of your time and this board's bandwidth you are willing to devote to trashing the guy. This page alone is a telling example--three nauseatingly lengthy, and extremely repetitive, diatribes.

Have you considered anger/grief counseling?

thegr8fan
11-26-2007, 12:14 PM
I have to say I was one of the biggest 'drum beaters' about Carr's lack of QB talent at the NFL level. I beat on him and his non-existant talent for years as the Texans QB. Hey, I started beating the 'TOM-TOM' about him when the Texans had a 7-9 record. More than one person wondered what I was 'smoking' to make those kinds of comments about him, at that time. Heck read my signature line that I still haven't bothered to change and put up there 3 yrs ago, it seems.

BUUUUUTTTT, come on people, let it go. He doesn't strap on a Texans uniform anymore, anyway. You'll live longer, I promise, if you ya just let him go on with his life.

He sucks.

we ALLLLLLLL know it. Really.

do we all need to reaffirm this??

After every game he actually does get some playing time in on a Sunday, however FEW games that is, being replaced with a 44 yr. old TesteMOSES QB is 'telling' enough.

Isn't it??

Texans_Chick
11-26-2007, 12:22 PM
For the record I think I bought into him having the "tools" (arm strength, speed) and hoped that his vision--the single overwhelming reason he continues to be so awful--could be improved with coaching and a better supporting cast. There is little denying that Capers and his staff of goons were awful at developing talent and I hoped that Carr would improve with a change of scenery.

Having said that ... thanks for ruining Steve Smith on my fantasy team.

I think there was so much bad with the early Texans, it was difficult to distinguish bad, from bad bad, from bad bad bad.

Second Honeymoon
11-26-2007, 12:24 PM
Honestly I may have been a homer in that I believed--apparently wrongly--that he could be "fixed" as a player. So be it.

But it never ceases to amaze just how much of your time and this board's bandwidth you are willing to devote to trashing the guy. This page alone is a telling example--three nauseatingly lengthy, and extremely repetitive, diatribes.

not 'apparently' wrong....you were wrong. period.

don't sugarcoat it. he sucks and you were wrong and I was right....so don't expect me to shed any tears over his current plight or your fantasy football team's plight. i don't like the guy because he never gave any of us reason to like him. being white, handsome, rich, and a complete failure is nothing to like in my book.....

Second Honeymoon
11-26-2007, 12:29 PM
I think there was so much bad with the early Texans, it was difficult to distinguish bad, from bad bad, from bad bad bad.

well when they got rid of Glenn yet kept making excuses for Carr, I knew that the Texans werent interested in winning. they were interested in trying to somehow justify their belief in Carr and force him down our throat. they were sold on his GQ looks and his awwshucks 'i'm a christian family man' tired stupid act.

yeah, it may have been difficult distinguishing good from bad but it wasn't impossible. I knew carr sucked. why didn't casserley? oh wait, because he is a total moron and I am not a homering member of the mindless stupid sheeple.

being a quality NFL Gm is difficult but not impossible.

Porky
11-26-2007, 12:33 PM
Andre Ware was a terrible pro QB, but I enjoy him as an analyst. It wouldn't bother me if he becomes an analylst as long as he is a better analyst then he WAS a QB.

As to Carr, the first two yrs I gave him the benefit of the doubt. By yr 3, I started to have very serious concerns about his game. By that offseason I was ready for a change, but the Texans were not. By yr 4, I REALLY wanted a change and began to trash him pretty badly. However, when they gave him the extension and hired Kubes, I was willing to give him one last chance under the hope that somehow Kubiak could wave his magic wand and turn him into a QB. I quickly realized how foolish that notion is. You can't turn water into wine, not even Kubes is capable of that.

This year proves that my initial thoughts were correct. the guy has some physical tools, but has NOTHING else. The mental aspects, the leadership, et al are all simply missing. We have gone over his shortcomings ad infinitium, so there is no point in rehashing it now.

I could take today to continue to trash him, but I won't. I don't believe in kicking a man when he is down. It has to be so clearly obvious to even the most strident Carr homers that this man's career is over that there really is no point in debating it any longer. He robbed Mcnair, he robbed Carolina. Now, he can ride off on his white horse and spend a lot more time with his family, which is what he wanted all along. Many of us want that, but we don't get to rob our employers of millions of dollars and retire wealthy. So be it, and good luck to Mr. Carr in his future endeavors.

RazorOye
11-26-2007, 12:57 PM
David Carr really didn't do himself any favors in a post-game interview.

Early in the game, the crowd was chanting "WE WANT MOORE!" as in backup rookie QB, Matt Moore. They'd had enough of Carr.

When asked about the crowd chanting, Carr replied:

just wow....

HOU-TEX
11-26-2007, 01:04 PM

Early in the game, the crowd was chanting "WE WANT MOORE!" as in backup rookie QB, Matt Moore. They'd had enough of Carr.

just wow....

Holy cow! That's so sad it's freakin hilarious. I never really thought he was the sharpest knife in the drawer, but damn.:)

jerek
11-26-2007, 02:03 PM
not 'apparently' wrong....you were wrong. period.

don't sugarcoat it. he sucks and you were wrong and I was right....so don't expect me to shed any tears over his current plight or your fantasy football team's plight. i don't like the guy because he never gave any of us reason to like him. being white, handsome, rich, and a complete failure is nothing to like in my book.....

I will waste one more post on this sorry topic with you.

Let's visit a dictionary for a definition of apparent:

1 : open to view : visible
2 : clear or manifest to the understanding <reasons that are readily apparent>

As in, synonomous with obviously. I was obviously wrong about Carr being able to make it in this league. I'll admit it, happily. As for you, even a stopped clock is right twice a day--way to strike message board oil, dude!

Even if you were always right, I never asked for your sympathy or your garbage takes on why I or any one else liked him as a player, namely your as-usual, pathetic and totally off target insistence that it was his being white, handsome, rich, a good dad, a Christian guy, whatever. I'll leave it at that--good luck with your perverse obsession with both Carr and making the case for your apparent omniscience. While we're at it, maybe you could give me some stock tips or read my palm, Miss Cleo.

TexansSeminole
11-26-2007, 03:35 PM

just wow....

LOL!!!!!!!!!!! Oh man. That video is on NFL.com. Just go to the NO vs. CAR game at the top and look for the video with David Carr in the red hat. He was dead serious when he said it too. LOL.

TexanSam
11-26-2007, 03:51 PM

Couldn't agree with you more. I thought Carr would be able to right himself while he was here. He wasn't able to and I was glad when he was released. But some people on this board seem to have complete hatred for the guy. Yes he sucks as a QB but there is no way anyone could give me a legitimate reason as to why they hate the man so much. And then some of these posters get all huffy when someone doesn't have the same negative view as them. Get over it all ready.

TexansFight
11-26-2007, 03:52 PM
I share Second Honeymoon's anger and frustration with regard to Carr-bage. Like, Vinny, I can't believe his sorry act was forced down our throats for 5 years. It bugged the hell out of me how he lacked the drive and determination to be an elite QB and a guy on which a franchise can be built upon. Being the first guy to leave and trashing your O-line does a lot to build credibility and respect in the eyes of your teammates, not to mention being absolutely awful in your job and getting REWARDED with a contract extension for awful performance.

McNair does not give a damn about winning. He is the perfect embodiment of the Houston corporate attitude of smoke and mirrors, PR, and money. That this guy was backed and rewarded because he was good looking, Christian (the religion or lack there of a person should NEVER be a factor at any job much less the NFL), and a family guy is a travesty. That ill will which factored into passing on VY built up a LOT of negative emotion in our fans. It will take more than 1 season for that to lessen.

Face it, Carr , Capers, McNair and Casserley dug a HUGE hole for this team with their ineptitude. I have no problem hating a loser like Carr who wasted our time for 5 years with his substandard play and who LACKED CHARACTER in getting paid as a #1 OVERALL PICK to try to work hard and become a great QB, pissing away what little skill he had.

alphajoker
11-26-2007, 03:52 PM
LOL!!!!!!!!!!! Oh man. That video is on NFL.com. Just go to the NO vs. CAR game at the top and look for the video with David Carr in the red hat. He was dead serious when he said it too. LOL.

Yeah, he was! He looks very uncomfortable trying to answer questions.

TheIronDuke
11-26-2007, 04:26 PM

My god, he WAS serious I think.

http://www.nfl.com/videos?videoId=09000d5d804814b9

2BCF
11-26-2007, 08:39 PM
My god, he WAS serious I think.

http://www.nfl.com/videos?videoId=09000d5d804814b9

LOL

Definitely, not the sharpest TOOL in the shed.

Second Honeymoon
11-26-2007, 09:16 PM
but at least he is having fun.....

....maybe DC should have been in the Miss Teen USA pageant....

..such as...the fumble...they want more...as in such as...getting sacked and the Fresno Tuck such as....

the guy needs to have that quote immortalized in NFL Films when they talk about all-time draft busts....

adam
12-01-2007, 04:57 PM

Maybe he did get hit one to many times. That has to be one of the dumbest things that I have ever heard anyone say.

Also, kind of off-topic, does anyone else think Carr looks like a flagrantly homosexual GAP model in that coat/jacket? Seriously, he looks like he's still in junior high. Plays like it too.

alphajoker
12-02-2007, 12:13 AM
Don't think I saw this posted yet. If this turns out true, then Carr is, without an doubt, a bust. :hides:

Goodbye for Carr?

There is speculation among fans and media in Carolina that this could be David Carr's last season in the NFL.

Carr, who has battled injuries this season, is going through the worst season of his career. He lost the starting Panthers quarterback job to Vinny Testaverde, 44. Then Carr was pulled from last week's 31-6 loss to New Orleans in favor of Matt Moore, an undrafted free agent.

After the Texans waived him, Carr signed a two-year deal with the Panthers for $6 million.

To make matters worse for coach John Fox, who could be fired after the season and replaced by Bill Cowher, Carolina (4-7) is 0-5 at home this season. The Panthers have a seven-game losing streak at home dating to last season.

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/fb/texansfront/5344795.html

Honoring Earl 34
12-02-2007, 12:39 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3138007

Trap_Star
12-02-2007, 12:41 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3138007

"football is fun"....

PapaL
12-02-2007, 02:10 PM
Down goes Carr....down the depth chart this time.

petedy
12-03-2007, 12:24 PM
I have said it on another post, even though I'm a Carr fan I can now say he is damaged. He is probably done with the NFL. When you suffer a compression fracture of the back and two concussions in the same season your mental game is done. In 2004, he also recieved a concussion and I believe that's when his sidishness began but he had also told the coaching staff to improve the o-line and they didn't. I will go so far to say they still haven't fixed it. Also you need a running game and they really haven't got one. Do their jobs need to be put on the line or what?

Mr. White
12-04-2007, 11:47 AM
This (http://blogs.charlotte.com/panthers/2007/12/fox-shielded-ca.html) one has a familiar ring to it.

Fox shielded Carr from home crowd
Coach John Fox usually doesn't say much of anything in his Monday news conferences. But he did have one interesting thing to say about quarterback David Carr this week.

That came when Fox was asked to elaborate on Sunday's decision to have Carr as the third quarterback behind Vinny Testaverde and Matt Moore. Fox implied that part of that decision came because the game was in Bank of America Stadium.

"I don't know that I wanted to expose him to here at home, definitely yesterday and we'll kind of weigh that as we move forward,'' Fox said. "Anytime you don't have success, it has an effect on you mentally. I still have confidence in David Carr. I still think he has good things to offer. I don't think it's gone as well for him or for us as we'd all expected. That doesn't mean to say that it won't moving forward either.''

-- Pat Yasinskas

If your own coach won't play you on your home field, then it might be time to start that broadcasting career.

Texan_Bill
12-04-2007, 11:52 AM
Anyone listen to Steve McKinney on 1560 this morning?!??! Let's say it involved Davey with Steve McKinney playing "Straight eye for the queer guy"

ATX
12-04-2007, 11:53 AM
This (http://blogs.charlotte.com/panthers/2007/12/fox-shielded-ca.html) one has a familiar ring to it.

If your own coach won't play you on your home field, then it might be time to start that broadcasting career.

I still have confidence in David Carr.

Fox is gone after the season.....what has Carr done to show you have confidence in him?

tulexan
12-04-2007, 12:02 PM
Carr = Coach Killer

Napa Auto Parts
12-04-2007, 10:10 PM
Carr = Coach Killer

That aint no lie i remember when i used to get flammed on the texans message boards for stating that Carr Sucked.

White Runningback
12-05-2007, 08:49 AM
Carr was a cautionary tale long before he left Houston. However, some our the board's resident self-professed "experts" rode his jock like Lane Frost and ate up the Texans' spin on his performance with a spoon in each hand.

I didn't need to go to every training camp practice, have 6000+ posts, or write a blog for anyone who would give me space to do it to see Carr was a joke.

GP
12-05-2007, 02:48 PM
Carr was a cautionary tale long before he left Houston. However, some our the board's resident self-professed "experts" rode his jock like Lane Frost and ate up the Texans' spin on his performance with a spoon in each hand.

I didn't need to go to every training camp practice, have 6000+ posts, or write a blog for anyone who would give me space to do it to see Carr was a joke.

OK.

What are your thoughts on the team now?

Who's in need of being dumped, and who do we need to get? What about the coaches? What's your opinion on our QB situation, etc.?

I'd like to know.

I don't know that I can sit here and trust your comments about how you knew "David Carr was a bust" without having to have 6000 posts...does your post history go back far enough that we can see what you posted on the David Carr topic while he was still a Texans player? Not slamming you, just asking.

I'd like to see your opinions on the current state of our team and where you think it should go.

76Texan
12-05-2007, 03:27 PM
Somebody who thought the Texans committed a crime passing up on VY and Bush to draft Mario Williams. http://texanstalk.com/forums/images/icons/icon10.gif

Double Barrel
12-05-2007, 03:58 PM

Who are these so-called "self-professed experts" on the board? :um:

Honestly, I ask because I cannot name anyone that fits your description.

Tulip
12-05-2007, 09:30 PM
Anyone listen to Steve McKinney on 1560 this morning?!??! Let's say it involved Davey with Steve McKinney playing "Straight eye for the queer guy"

I heard it. Steve had me cracking up, talking about throwing away David's gloves, cutting his hair and dressing him in jeans from Cavender's and a camo hat.

That was funnier than years ago when John and Lance asked him if David had any nicknames, and Steve said he called David "Sweet Feet".

tulexan
12-21-2007, 07:04 PM
From the Sports Guy

THE PROVERBIAL F-MINUS
David Carr

The perfect storm of QB crappiness: Artificially heightened expectations for no good reason (the fact an NFL team once made the mistake of drafting him first overall); no discernable talents for the position unless you call "holding the ball too long" a talent; an unparalleled, jeffgeorgian ability to suck the life out of anyone who plays with him; and if that's not enough, every time he takes off his helmet, he looks like he's posing for the June 1983 cover of Tiger Beat. When Carr is playing for your favorite NFL team, you're constantly disappointed/enraged/frustrated/disgusted, only deep down, you're telling yourself, "Hey, he was the No. 1 pick, maybe he can turn it around." So even though he's better than the guys from the "No-Week Wonders" list, at least with those guys, you have no expectations going in. Carr's suckitude is crueler and more complicated. That's why he's last on the Powerless List.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=simmons/071221

Specnatz
12-21-2007, 07:15 PM
From the Sports Guy

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=simmons/071221

LMAO I knew someone would put that there.

Vinny
12-21-2007, 07:23 PM
I have said it on another post, even though I'm a Carr fan I can now say he is damaged.
are you a Carr fan because of his great quarterbacking skillz or because he looks good in pink?

tulexan
12-21-2007, 07:33 PM
LMAO I knew someone would put that there.

I thought the world needed to read it.

Specnatz
12-21-2007, 07:42 PM
are you a Carr fan because of his great quarterbacking skillz or because he looks good in pink?

Oh that was Carr with the pink #9 jersey. I thought she/he looked familiar.

Honoring Earl 34
12-21-2007, 08:42 PM

The Texans worst stroke of luck was having the first pick in the 2002 draft .

Oh well ... Sweet Caroline bad times never felt so good ... I'm inclined to draft in the top fifteen again .

Hervoyel
12-22-2007, 12:00 AM
The Texans worst stroke of luck was having the first pick in the 2002 draft .

Oh well ... Sweet Caroline bad times never felt so good ... I'm inclined to draft in the top fifteen again .

Nothing wrong with having the first pick in that draft. It's just criminal that they didn't use it on Julius Peppers.

WesmanTexanfan
12-22-2007, 12:24 AM
Start David carr..... he's healthy right, sage is a back up!!!:wild:

Tulip
12-22-2007, 01:22 PM
Bill Simmons' "Ode to Mittens" was a pure poetry.

So, finally, the media understands.

Maddict5
12-22-2007, 02:39 PM
Bill Simmons' "Ode to Mittens" was a pure poetry.

So, finally, the media understands.

in fairness, the SG always said carr was as useful as a fork for eating soup

brakos82
12-23-2007, 12:51 PM
Set a new NFL Record. :whip:

The one constant nearly all of the division leaders have had this year is the quarterback position. Guys like Tom Brady, Peyton Manning, Tony Romo and Brett Favre have started every game, and that's a big reason their teams are division winners. The Carolina Panthers? Yeah, not so much. They have officially set an NFL record for most starting quarterbacks in one season with four -- Jake Delhomme, David Carr, Vinny Testaverde and Matt Moore. Clearly, that lack of consistency at the primary offensive position is a big reason they're 6-9 and out of the playoff race. It doesn't help that once Delhomme and Brett Basanez ended up on injured reserve, Carolina's first choices at QB were 1.) really, really old and 2.) really, really bad.

Source: David J. Warner, NFL Fanhouse (http://sports.aol.com/fanhouse/2007/12/23/carolina-sets-unfortunate-nfl-record/)

RTP2110
12-23-2007, 01:00 PM
I read, "Carr helps Panthers"

I thought, "what did he do? retire?"

Wolf
12-23-2007, 03:37 PM
ha subway brady quinn commercial... Brady"Sundays I will be kinda busy"HA

disaacks3
12-23-2007, 03:37 PM
Carr did NOT beat the Colts, Ron Dayne and Kris Brown won that game despite Carr. Now, now...if those kinda games count for VY, then they should count for Carr too. :sarcasm:

treygar
12-23-2007, 03:41 PM
We still have a Carr fan boy around here?

What is wrong with that. I look around Reliant Stadium when I go to games, I see Pastorini jerseys, Campbell jerseys, Moon jerseys. They accomplished the same as Carr, nada, zilch, zero. Am I saying Carr is better than them, no, but I'm sure you'll try to spin it that way as well.

I'm tired of the losing, you can keep a QB with a high long distance passing percentage and quote that all day long - and I'll quote that Matty boy can't finish 30% of the games he starts. It is all relative.

How about I like who I like and you go try to bully someone else because your kind of posting only amuses me and proves that you aren't the 'family messageboard' man that you claim to be.

Instead you try to force your opinion on others as if it is gospel. Get a life.

brakos82
12-23-2007, 03:44 PM
Do we have to move this AGAIN? Jeez...

Napa Auto Parts
12-25-2007, 04:14 PM
Its the line i tell you:sarcasm:

Wolf
01-11-2008, 04:55 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HbqI66mgi0s
Video is what Carr's agent sent to the Panthers

seriously
someone was a fan

tulexan
01-11-2008, 05:01 PM
I like how almost all of the highlights are much more impressive for the receiver or running back than what David Carr did on that play.

drewmar74
02-08-2008, 12:48 PM
Me, I'm thinking that's the end of David Carr if the Panthers waive him. I don't mean that maliciously - I just don't see how someone will be willing to pick him up if Carolina lets him go....

http://www.charlotte.com/panthers/story/483881.html

"Linebacker Dan Morgan and backup quarterback David Carr are among prominent players the Panthers could release in the coming weeks. Cutting them could save the Panthers nearly $5 million under the salary cap, according to salary documents. Morgan was once the centerpiece of the defense, but injuries, including a string of concussions, sidetracked his career. The emergence last season of rookie Jon Beason at middle linebacker might have made Morgan expendable. He's scheduled to count $4.55 million against the cap next season. Releasing him would save about $2.1 million. Cutting Carr isn't as easy for Carolina as many fans might think. His struggles were obvious when he filled in for injured Jake Delhomme. However, the organization admires his natural talent and overall classiness. Carr's cap number was forecast to be $4.35 million, but the Panthers could save $2.8 million of that by releasing him."

Koolaid Time
02-08-2008, 01:24 PM
He's toast...

I expect to see "David Carr Honda/Acura" opening up on the Grand Parkway in a couple of years.

He has apparently saved much of his money from the Texans.

DiehardChris
02-08-2008, 01:31 PM
"However, the organization admires his natural talent and overall classiness."

BWAHAHA what does that even mean?

David Carr checklist:

1. Naturally talented
2. Classy
3. Sucks

#3 makes the other two meaningless. LOL

Polo
02-08-2008, 01:36 PM
Admires his talent and overall classiness ?

LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!

This reminds me of a quote from a movie...

"The Yankee's always win because no one can keep their eyes off the pinstripes"

The Carolina Panther's management is under the same spell Bob McNair was under....

Too concerned with the nice hair, pretty boy looks and "physical qualities" to be worried about his actual Quaterback and team leading skills...

Hats off to David Carr for Charming his way through the NFL though!

Second Honeymoon
02-08-2008, 02:18 PM
Maybe he'll pick up some endorsements for hair gel or brushes or scrunties or something like that.

:lion:

or Tampax and Massengil. He would be an ideal spokesperson for those products. Maybe he can endorse guyliner for Maybelline.

Overall classiness?!!? oh you mean by throwing the franchise that stood by him for half a decade under the bus? for calling the Panthers a 'real team' and for inferring that our Offensive Line sucked and that the Panthers would be the first decent offensive line he played behind? Is it classy to put little to no effort out to improve at your job or to have football as a non-priority in your life even though millions of people are counting on you and you are rewarded with millions and millions of dollars in salary?

Wearing white gloves and having meticulous hair doesnt make you classy....if anything it makes you a pretty boy primadonna metrosexual douchebag.

Carr's career is over and he can jump in a lake for all I care. Go away DC and take your lame act with you. You are pathetic, DC.

Hervoyel
02-08-2008, 02:31 PM
He's toast...

I expect to see "David Carr Honda/Acura" opening up on the Grand Parkway in a couple of years.

He has apparently saved much of his money from the Texans.

I could see that maybe in Fresno but not anywhere in the greater Houston area.

Goldensilence
02-08-2008, 02:37 PM
Me, I'm thinking that's the end of David Carr if the Panthers waive him. I don't mean that maliciously - I just don't see how someone will be willing to pick him up if Carolina lets him go....

"Linebacker Dan Morgan and backup quarterback David Carr are among prominent players the Panthers could release in the coming weeks. Cutting them could save the Panthers nearly $5 million under the salary cap, according to salary documents. Morgan was once the centerpiece of the defense, but injuries, including a string of concussions, sidetracked his career. The emergence last season of rookie Jon Beason at middle linebacker might have made Morgan expendable. He's scheduled to count $4.55 million against the cap next season. Releasing him would save about $2.1 million. Cutting Carr isn't as easy for Carolina as many fans might think. His struggles were obvious when he filled in for injured Jake Delhomme. However, the organization admires his natural talent and overall classiness. Carr's cap number was forecast to be $4.35 million, but the Panthers could save $2.8 million of that by releasing him."

Jon Gruden LOVES QBs in Tampa...so he's got one more shot.

Double Barrel
02-08-2008, 03:23 PM
the organization admires his natural talent and overall classiness

Deja vu'?

MightyTExan
02-08-2008, 04:09 PM
http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2004-11/899898/pjuss-davidcarr.jpg

prostock101
02-08-2008, 05:33 PM
He will retire and open a "Mr. Mittens Car Wash and Hair Salon".

Franchise's will be available.

Ole Miss Texan
02-08-2008, 05:49 PM
I don't think his career is over untill he says it is. By that, I mean he will be able to find plenty of clubs that want him as a backup. His career as a starter is most likely gone. He's not going to get the $$ he has been getting, that's for sure but for the average backup QB salary, he'd be fine. If he's unhappy getting paid much much less and strictly as a back up role the rest of his career- he might just quit football alltogether. He'll have opportunities though.

TexanSam
02-08-2008, 06:29 PM
I bet he gets picked up by the Patriots. The Pats then go 18-0 next year and are losing at halftime 24-10 in the Super Bowl. Brady gets hurt tripping while running towards the tunnel and Carr steps in and leads the Patriots to a huge comeback to win the Super Bowl. Disney buys the movie rights immediately afterwards.

kastofsna
02-08-2008, 08:34 PM
hope he does well wherever he goes.

Txn_in_FL
02-08-2008, 08:48 PM
http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2004-11/899898/pjuss-davidcarr.jpg

One of the creepiest things I have ever seen. Thanks for the nightmares.

AnthonyE
02-08-2008, 10:14 PM
Wearing white gloves and having meticulous hair doesnt make you classy....if anything it makes you a pretty boy primadonna metrosexual douchebag.

If his career is over he could become Micheal Jackson's backup dancer if Micheal decides to make a comeback. O_O

I would pay to see that. Micheal and David on the same stage, rofl!

Heath Shuler
02-09-2008, 12:48 PM

I hope he goes to Miami

TD
02-09-2008, 02:24 PM
Maybe he'll pick up some endorsements for hair gel or brushes or scrunties or something like that.

or Tampax and Massengil. He would be an ideal spokesperson for those products. Maybe he can endorse guyliner for Maybelline.

You guys haven't been paying attention. David started his endorsement deal during the season. It's so obvious.

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c318/RiversCPA/disneyland.gif

Second Honeymoon
02-09-2008, 02:25 PM
What career?

I hope he starts for the Dolphins so then Kastofsna will finally get a true taste of the pure suckitude that is Carr.

Personally, I hope his career continues to fail and that he continues to be outed for the pile of garbage that he and his fans are.

kastofsna
02-09-2008, 08:41 PM
as if i'm not aware of how much he's sucked over the years.

TexanSam
02-09-2008, 11:14 PM
It gets on my nerves that people seem to hate the guy so much. Sure, I know he's a crappy QB. But I'm not rooting for the guy to fail and I don't hate the guy. Some of you seem to hate him personally. Get over it.

AnthonyE
02-09-2008, 11:23 PM
It gets on my nerves that people seem to hate the guy so much. Sure, I know he's a crappy QB. But I'm not rooting for the guy to fail and I don't hate the guy. Some of you seem to hate him personally. Get over it.

I agree with this.

He's a great guy, devout Christian, and had tons of class while he was here. He handled himself nicely to the hatred in the Houston air.

I wish him good luck, and I hope he's having fun with the millions he earned with the Texans doing nothing. :)

El Amigo Invisible
02-09-2008, 11:40 PM

http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=46944

Hagar
02-10-2008, 08:19 AM
Wow, how times have changed. There used to be ton of DC Homers around, now there's a ton of haters.

Its kinda ugly y'all. Get a life.

Koolaid Time
02-10-2008, 10:21 AM
I could see that maybe in Fresno but not anywhere in the greater Houston area.

What ever happened to his 9000 square foot house that was under construction in Fort Bend County? It was about 50% finished when he was released.

cuppacoffee
02-10-2008, 10:50 AM

I agree with this.

He's a great guy, devout Christian, and had tons of class while he was here. He handled himself nicely to the hatred in the Houston air.

I wish him good luck, and I hope he's having fun with the millions he earned with the Texans doing nothing. :)

Wow, how times have changed. There used to be ton of DC Homers around, now there's a ton of haters.

There are still posters here who will not buy into the antipathy and hatred of Carr that is displayed by others.

Its just that most have chosen to move on.

:coffee:

Wolf
02-10-2008, 11:15 AM

it has moved on the another QB within the division :music:

Second Honeymoon
02-10-2008, 11:37 AM
I agree with this.

He's not a great guy, he turned on this team the moment he was released. Blaming everyone else for his own failures and claiming it was nice to be on a 'real team'. NOT a great guy, just a guy.

Devout christian? I don't care if he is the freaking pope. Since when does religious affiliation matter on whether you like a player or whether he is any good or worth giving teh benefit of the doubt. I don't have to know a guy practices the same religion as me to like him. Who really cares?

Tons of class? You mean he had tons of class because he didn't get arrested? you mean he had tons of class because he was white and dressed nice? you mean he had tons of class because he didn't whine about losing or try to get any better. Seems to me he was just fine with losing and made no changes to his own routine or life in order to change from being a loser. This guy doesnt have any more class than a 3rd string long snapper. Some of you were just enammored with the aww shucks good ole boy mentality and the good looks and media facade. if he had tons of class he would have dedicated himself to the franchise that dedicated themselves to them. It was more important to have fun and try and portray this Norman Rockwell BS...which it seems many of you were more than happy to gobble up. What a joke.

He handled himself nicely to the hatred? what hatred? half of you guys were still making excuses for him till the day he was run out of town. Anyone who criticized the guy was labeled a hater and pariah. He never stood up to the criticism because he was unprofessional and didn't care. He bought the BS that it was everyone elses fault. So did a lot of you. Once he got to Carolina it was more than obvious whose fault it was.

The fact is he made a bunch of money being a crappy QB for the Texans. He was coddled and babied for years and never made an attempt to get any better or dedicate himself to teh team. It was more important to play footsie at home with his wife than to stay late studying film or work in the offseason with his teammates. He let all of you down but because he was a good ole boy and a 'Christian' he gets a free pass for years. Whatever.

I don't care about his career or his future because he didn't care about our team. He didn't care about us...so screw him and his failure of a career. Some guy doesnt come to town, steal millions, achieve nothing and then get some free pass and 'good luck to you' Screw Carr and screw QBs whose popularity was built on locker room smiles, bangin' hair, and his religious affiliation. Popularity should be won on the field and by winning games, not by being some goody two shoes who sucks at QB.

Carr sucks. Career is over. Many houston fans were suckered into the lie. I personally hope he never gets a sniff of the NFL again. not because I don't like him but because he doesnt care. If he had a fraction of the professionalism and dedication that it takes to be a quality athlete, I would say he has a shot but he just has too many shortcomings and is too much of a loser. Carr sucks and the whole party line that supported him sucks too.

Second Honeymoon
02-10-2008, 11:38 AM
What ever happened to his 9000 square foot house that was under construction in Fort Bend County? It was about 50% finished when he was released.

Burn the thing to the ground for all I care. he did nothing for this community except lead a bunch of blind sheeple around bleating excuses for his sorry arse.

Specnatz
02-10-2008, 11:59 AM
Burn the thing to the ground for all I care. he did nothing for this community except lead a bunch of blind sheeple around bleating excuses for his sorry arse.

At least you have gotten over it and have moved on. Seriously SH, relax man he is not our QB anymore.

eriadoc
02-10-2008, 11:59 AM
BWAHAHA what does that even mean?

David Carr checklist:

1. Naturally talented
2. Classy
3. Sucks

#3 makes the other two meaningless. LOL

Most of the posters re: Carr here have completely the opposite of 1 and 2, while retaining an abundance of 3.

Carr didn't do well here. So be it. I don't wish him any ill, though I am glad he isn't an organizational problem anymore.

Koolaid Time
02-10-2008, 12:02 PM
Most of the posters re: Carr here have completely the opposite of 1 and 2, while retaining an abundance of 3.

Carr didn't do well here. So be it. I don't wish him any ill, though I am glad he isn't an organizational problem anymore.

If only Dan Reeves hadn't told McNair "You can win with David Carr"......

Things would have been much different.. But I see more long term promise in Matt than in Vince...

Second Honeymoon
02-10-2008, 12:15 PM
At least you have gotten over it and have moved on. Seriously SH, relax man he is not our QB anymore.

haha. i hear ya man. i just can't stand the guy. His 5 years of suckitude did a number on me.

Hervoyel
02-10-2008, 02:11 PM
haha. i hear ya man. i just can't stand the guy. His 5 years of suckitude did a number on me.

Indeed. I think that's fairly evident from the tone of your posts relating to him. It's like he knocked up your dog or broke the head off a bolt while helping you put a new intake manifold on your 63' Corvette. It's like he drank your last beer....AGAIN!

The fact that you're right about him ends up being sort of beside the point amid all the venom.

David Carr was a lousy QB and remains a lousy QB. He won the genetic lottery and was given all the physical tools to do the job but lacked either the desire or the ability to be what he was physically capable of being. Maybe he didn't want to do the extra work. It looks that way to us because to my knowledge at least he never did it. If he had put in the extra time and effort would this have turned out different? I don't know but I'm inclined to believe that it would have ended the exact same way.

I don't think he had the instincts to play QB in the NFL and you can't learn how to do that no matter how many hours you put in. It's like a sprinter turned WR. We've all seen them try to break into the league but there's more to being a WR than being fast. Even the ones who can catch sometimes just lack that "instinct" that's needed to play the position. They just don't seem to be able to block out that impending contact or get the needed seperation from the DB to really be an NFL WR.

David Carr could play QB well at a college level. His skills did not translate to the NFL. It happens. It sucks when it happens to you but it happens to everybody eventually. We blew the first pick in franchise history. So did a lot of expansion teams. It wasn't anything personal on his part. I don't even think about David Carr unless it's brought up in a thread here. I don't blame him for anything. I blame the Texans for blowing the obvious Julius Peppers pick and then making us all sit through their pretending they didn't screw up for 5 years.

eriadoc
02-10-2008, 02:14 PM
Indeed. I think that's fairly evident from the tone of your posts relating to him. It's like he knocked up your dog or broke the head off a bolt while helping you put a new intake manifold on your 63' Corvette. It's like he drank your last beer....AGAIN!

The fact that you're right about him ends up being sort of beside the point amid all the venom.

David Carr was a lousy QB and remains a lousy QB. He won the genetic lottery and was given all the physical tools to do the job but lacked either the desire or the ability to be what he was physically capable of being. Maybe he didn't want to do the extra work. It looks that way to us because to my knowledge at least he never did it. If he had put in the extra time and effort would this have turned out different? I don't know but I'm inclined to believe that it would have ended the exact same way.

I don't think he had the instincts to play QB in the NFL and you can't learn how to do that no matter how many hours you put in. It's like a sprinter turned WR. We've all seen them try to break into the league but there's more to being a WR than being fast. Even the ones who can catch sometimes just lack that "instinct" that's needed to play the position. They just don't seem to be able to block out that impending contact or get the needed seperation from the DB to really be an NFL WR.

David Carr could play QB well at a college level. His skills did not translate to the NFL. It happens. It sucks when it happens to you but it happens to everybody eventually. We blew the first pick in franchise history. So did a lot of expansion teams. It wasn't anything personal on his part. I don't even think about David Carr unless it's brought up in a thread here. I don't blame him for anything. I blame the Texans for blowing the obvious Julius Peppers pick and then making us all sit through their pretending they didn't screw up for 5 years.

Pretend that was my post :)

Thanks Herv!

DerekLee1
02-11-2008, 01:34 PM
http://www.carolinagrowl.com/Read.aspx?Story=492

QB David Carr

Reasons to cut him: Carr looked frightened in the pocket and his teammates quickly lost all confidence in him. By the end of the season coach John Fox was even afraid to play Carr, demoting him to third string. With a cap figure of more than $4 million, keeping Carr would be, well... ludicrous.

Reasons to keep him: Can’t think of any.

My take: To me, this is easiest cut in franchise history. I would anticipate the team will waste little time parting with Carr.

Second Honeymoon
02-11-2008, 01:37 PM
http://www.carolinagrowl.com/Read.aspx?Story=492

QB David Carr

Reasons to cut him: Carr looked frightened in the pocket and his teammates quickly lost all confidence in him. By the end of the season coach John Fox was even afraid to play Carr, demoting him to third string. With a cap figure of more than $4 million, keeping Carr would be, well... ludicrous.

My take: To me, this is easiest cut in franchise history. I would anticipate the team will waste little time parting with Carr.

:violin

Polo
02-11-2008, 01:37 PM
But, but, but.....

He has class and dignity!

And he's so ever dreamy!

santo
02-11-2008, 01:38 PM
off topic, but would the Texans be interested if they did cut DeShaun Foster?

PapaL
02-11-2008, 01:39 PM
But, but, but.....

He has class and dignity!

And he's so ever dreamy!

The gloves, the gloves - who will wear the clown gloves?

Second Honeymoon
02-11-2008, 01:40 PM
The gloves, the gloves - who will wear the clown gloves?

Casserley should be forced to wear them as some sort of scarlet letter for drafting the guy in the first place.

TexansSeminole
02-11-2008, 01:44 PM
off topic, but would the Texans be interested if they did cut DeShaun Foster?

I would be. Foster and a 4th round RB would be a significant upgrade to what we have at this point in time.

Koolaid Time
02-11-2008, 02:13 PM

Agreed... but its 2:00 Eastern and no cuts announced by the Panthers yet.

I bet he will pack up and move down I-85 to Atlanta. Harrington and Leftwich are both finished there.

He may be worth it if he will take the league minimum..

Koolaid Time
02-11-2008, 02:16 PM
No love for the "gloved one" in Charlotte....

Man, this poll looks like something posted on here...

POLL | What should Panthers do with David Carr, Dan Morgan?

Release both of them
Cut Carr, keep Morgan
Cut Morgan, keep Carr
Keep both of them

1670 people have voted so far

http://forums.charlotte.com/kr-cltpanthers/messages?msg=32777.1

Hookem Horns
02-11-2008, 02:32 PM
Should the Texans sign Carr if he become available considering he might be had at league minimum?

Lucky
02-11-2008, 02:34 PM
Should the Texans sign Carr if he become available?
Trolling your own site? I've seen it all, now. :)

HOU-TEX
02-11-2008, 02:34 PM
Should the Texans sign Carr if he become available considering he might be had at league minimum?

:stirpot:

Second Honeymoon
02-11-2008, 02:35 PM

no.

HoustonFrog
02-11-2008, 02:56 PM

LOL..NO!!You do know that there are some here that secretly think with some work that he can compete with what we have....maybe not even secretly:spy:

Texan_Bill
02-11-2008, 03:02 PM
Sure..... The player's parking lot needs a new valet. :spy:

Of course this could mean running the vehicle 'out of bounds', or fumbling the keys away...

Polo
02-11-2008, 03:05 PM
LOL..NO!!You do know that there are some here that secretly think with some work that he can compete with what we have....maybe not even secretly:spy:

Point those people out because I can squash that notion...

Second Honeymoon
02-11-2008, 03:13 PM
Well he has Chippendales and/or Playgirl to fall back on, which is always a good thing. Maybe he could go into proctology since he likes wearing gloves so much. He will have to reinvent himself before he can be taken seriously. who knows, maybe even loads of film study and DRASTICALLY changing his mechanics could help him turn things around, but it aint looking good for Camp Carr right about now. He is set for life anyway, so I don't think I will be losing sleep for their well being.

Double Barrel
02-11-2008, 03:27 PM
Carr could probably be a good customer service rep.

PapaL
02-11-2008, 03:38 PM
You know it's bad when not a single person has mention the CFL or the Arena league.

Texan_Bill
02-11-2008, 03:45 PM
You know it's bad when not a single person has mention the CFL or the Arena league.

Ahhhh, but they have.. I'm just not sure which of the two thousand threads that those comments were made on... :shades:

Koolaid Time
02-11-2008, 03:50 PM

Is minimum wage the minimum you can pay someone in the Arena Football League?

On second thought, Carr has "Thunderbears" written all over him...

Koolaid Time
02-12-2008, 11:07 AM
Almost 11 Am Eastern time and Carr STILL has a job at Carolina...

Perhaps with Delhomme's "Tommy John" surgery not 100% rehabbed, they are keeping Mr. Mittens around as an insurance policy, but that is surprising considering he was #3 on the depth chart at QB.

Once Carr gets cut he can do infomercials with Billy Mays for the "Magical Mittens"

http://images.broadwayworld.com/photoops/shieldschicago/rookeShieldsBackontheBoards008-vi.jpg

Texan_Bill
02-12-2008, 11:14 AM
Almost 11 Am Eastern time and Carr STILL has a job at Carolina...

Perhaps with Delhomme's "Tommy John" surgery not 100% rehabbed, they are keeping Mr. Mittens around as an insurance policy, but that is surprising considering he was #3 on the depth chart at QB.

Once Carr gets cut he can do infomercials with Billy Mays for the "Magical Mittens"

http://images.broadwayworld.com/photoops/shieldschicago/rookeShieldsBackontheBoards008-vi.jpg

http://www.scavengeinc.com/images/rubies/2810n.jpg

"And if you act now, we'll throw in an additional pair at no charge...."

http://thedisneyblog.typepad.com/store/images/mickeygloves.jpg

Wolf
02-12-2008, 11:49 AM
http://www.carolinahuddle.com/forum/carolina-panthers/70448-why-carr-others-havent-been-cut.html

they are thinking after june 1st
but Carr only has one year left on his contract so who knows

hobie
02-27-2008, 03:15 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3267399

We shall see where he ends up now...I wish him well but I don't see him being heavily pursued...

Triple347
02-27-2008, 03:18 PM

We shall see where he ends up now...I wish him well but I don't see him being heavily pursued...

I wish him well, also. I was always a Carr fan, but knew he had to go. I hope he does catch on with someone. He does still have a lot of ability, but we shall see.

beerlover
02-27-2008, 03:19 PM

Supercuts? http://images.usatoday.com/sports/_photos/2004-12-14-inside-carr.jpg

PapaL
02-27-2008, 03:20 PM
Disneyland?

http://www.babble.com/CS/blogs/famecrawler/2007/11/16-22/jennie-garth-mickey-mouse-disneyland-dancing-stars-anaheim-dance.jpg

HoustonFrog
02-27-2008, 03:23 PM
His best bet is to go to work for ESPN or somewhere. I don't believe the guy is a serviceable NFL QB.

Texan_Bill
02-27-2008, 03:24 PM
Maybe Carr could provide some competition at QB for Team Texas. Afterall, they only have: Kliff Kingsbury, BJ Symmons and Eric Crouch on their roster.

Porky
02-27-2008, 03:26 PM
Carr is available? Can we sign this guy? If he only gets an offensive line, a decent WR, and a decent OC look out, he will be great! :whip:

2BCF
02-27-2008, 03:31 PM
2 sentences in link regarding Carr, lol.

I hope whatever Davey decides to do, he continues to "have fun".

WesmanTexanfan
02-27-2008, 03:36 PM
he should design football gloves, I like this one....
http://www.bayraider.tv/images/jackowhiteglove.jpg

Brando
02-27-2008, 03:37 PM
Sean Salisbury just left ESPN, there is an opening for a ex-QB that couldn't cut it in the NFL for NFL Live. Disney owns ESPN. :thinking:

ChampionTexan
02-27-2008, 03:42 PM
Carr is available? Can we sign this guy? If he only gets an offensive line, a decent WR, and a decent OC look out, he will be great! :whip:

Or maybe we could convert him to a DB or OLT?

StarStruck
02-27-2008, 04:07 PM
His best bet is to go to work for ESPN or somewhere. I don't believe the guy is a serviceable NFL QB.

It's possible that he could end up on the Cowboys roster. We just have to pray that Romo stays healthy and Carr only enters on blowouts

WesmanTexanfan
02-27-2008, 04:12 PM
It's possible that he could end up on the Cowboys roster. We just have to pray that Romo stays healthy and Carr only enters on blowouts

NO WAY, That would be sweet, Carr for Cowboy!!!!!

lol

TexansSeminole
02-27-2008, 04:12 PM
Carr is destined to be on the

http://www.morleyfield.com/course/bench.jpg

HOU-TEX
02-27-2008, 04:13 PM
Maybe Carr could provide some competition at QB for Team Texas. Afterall, they only have: Kliff Kingsbury, BJ Symmons and Eric Crouch on their roster.

IMO, he'd still be cut. All three of them are better than Mr. GQ.

Sean Salisbury just left ESPN, there is an opening for a ex-QB that couldn't cut it in the NFL for NFL Live. Disney owns ESPN. :thinking:

He's not smart enough to be on TV. Well, then again....you mentioned espn. :gun:

Goldensilence
He could end up in someone's camp. I know Seattle expressed some interest in him last year it's possible Mike is still interested in making him a backup.

Todd Collins future is up in the air, Brunell could retire, Jim Zorn could make for a fit?

It's going to be a small contract and he's going to have to bust it to make it on the roster. I think this is end of the road for Carr's NFL career.

tulexan

No blowout is safe for Carr to ride out.

HoustonFrog
02-27-2008, 04:40 PM

Hell no!!That would be one of the toughest fan situations of my life. Please no Lord!

Texan_Bill
02-27-2008, 04:41 PM
Hell no!!That would be one of the toughest fan situations of my life. Please no Lord!

*prays Carr winds up with the Cowboys*

:stirpot:

Hervoyel
02-27-2008, 04:44 PM
There's almost always some coach who thinks he can fix it and David Carr's case will be no exception. His next contract, if he is offered one will be much smaller than anything he thought he would ever sign in the NFL and his tenure will probably be no longer than training camp. He's now going down a path that Tim Couch has covered from one end to another. We can all see where this is going.

Carr isn't articulate* enough to be much of a broadcaster but he looks right for it and somebody might be willing to pay him to learn on the job. I see color commentary on Fresno State games in his immediate future..

Edit: *Maybe "articulate" isn't the right word. He speaks clearly but he needs to work on his conversational "flow" if he's going to be doing football games. I always thought interviews with him seemed very stop-and-go with his responses seeming to all require a thoughtful (possibly confused?) pause before they came out. He's not a natural public speaker is more what I meant to say. Some guys with terrible speaking skills still seem to enjoy speaking to an audience and make it work. David Carr always struck me as being somebody who would rather not be talking into a microphone. Maybe it would be different if he wasn't the focus of the conversation. I don't know.

Kaiser Toro
02-27-2008, 04:53 PM
I would love for him to go to the AFC South. The Carr karma needs to be spread around.

Double Barrel
02-27-2008, 04:55 PM
Is this the first page of this thread that Second Honeymoon has not expressed his burning hatred for David Carr? Very eerie. :shades:

Texan_Bill
02-27-2008, 05:05 PM
Is this the first page of this thread that Second Honeymoon has not expressed his burning hatred for David Carr? Very eerie. :shades:

Shhhhh!!! I don't think he's logged on right now.. :spy:

Honoring Earl 34
02-27-2008, 05:07 PM
I've read where they all went to Cali . It was called the Derek Carr sweepstakes .

Hardcore Texan
02-27-2008, 05:09 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-panthers-moves&prov=ap&type=lgns

CHARLOTTE, N.C. (AP)—The Carolina Panthers released disappointing quarterback David Carr on Wednesday and came to terms with receiver Muhsin Muhammad on a two-year contract.

Carr was let go a year after he signed a $6 million, two-year deal with the Panthers following a five-year stint as a starter in Houston. But Carr struggled so badly when he took over for the injured Jake Delhomme last season that he was eventually demoted to third-string.

Carr leaves Carolina as Muhammad prepares for his second stint with the franchise. Muhammad was expected to sign his contract later Wednesday, a week after he was released by the Chicago Bears.

“Moose from day one urged me to do my best to return him to the Panthers,” said agent Joel

New_Texans
02-27-2008, 05:12 PM
im guessing he retires?:thinking: :thinking:

Hardcore Texan
02-27-2008, 05:13 PM
That or arena football. I doubt he ever gets another back-up gig again.

gary
02-27-2008, 05:16 PM
A scout That I know from the Panthers told me at the East West Shrine game they were going to cut Carr.

prostock101
02-27-2008, 05:42 PM
I can see it now......

"Mr. Mittens Car Wash and Hair Salon"

TexansFanatic
02-27-2008, 05:47 PM
im guessing he retires?:thinking: :thinking:

I'd say that's a good guess. He's clearly shown he's not NFL material.

Second Honeymoon
02-27-2008, 06:14 PM

Carr sucks caulk. Hope that qualifies.

Double Barrel
02-27-2008, 06:15 PM
Carr sucks caulk. Hope that qualifies.

Now there is balance in The Force. :texflag:

Mr. White
02-27-2008, 06:18 PM
I've read where they all went to Cali . It was called the Derek Carr sweepstakes .

I hope QB75 has learned his lesson from when Dom Capers kicked him out of practice. The next one might have a better shot.

Texans_Chick
02-27-2008, 07:37 PM
Here's the Panther writer's point of view from FanHouse, in part:

And That Will Be All for David Carr (Hallelujah!) (http://sports.aol.com/fanhouse/2008/02/27/and-that-will-be-all-for-david-carr-hallelujah/)

It wasn't just that Panthers fans couldn't stand Carr's ineptitude at QB, either. Fantasy owners who drafted Steve Smith wanted to take Carr's mittens and shove them up his rectum. All told, Carr was 1-3 as a starter -- and he probably shouldn't have won that game in New Orleans -- and finished the season with 3 touchdown passes, 5 interceptions, 13 sacks and a passer rating of 58.3 in 6 games. Carr's inability to read a defense pushed Carolina to sign the ancient Vinny Testaverde, who exposed Carr for the fraud he is.

Reading the news from bloggers is often more interesting than just reading the AP report. It gives you a better feel for things. :cool:

DocBar
02-27-2008, 08:26 PM
Might be in the wrong forum now, but.....
http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/5575673.html

Blazing Arrow
02-27-2008, 08:56 PM
13 sacks in 6 games only 4 of them starts ... ahhh good old Carr. I just wonder what Haynsworth would have done to that guy if you had him last season :thinking:

Marcus
02-27-2008, 09:20 PM
Latest word is that David Carr will retire, and that Mack Brown will hire him as a special assistant/quarterbacks coach for the upcoming 2008 season.

Second Honeymoon
02-27-2008, 09:38 PM
Latest word is that David Carr will retire, and that Mack Brown will hire him as a special assistant/quarterbacks coach for the upcoming 2008 season.

ok now Marcus is just trying to get me angry. he's baiting me :)

Honoring Earl 34
02-27-2008, 09:44 PM

The Carrhorn offense will really blow .

Kaiser Toro
02-27-2008, 10:10 PM
"He did everything we asked, but unfortunately it didn't work out like anyone had hoped or expected," general manager Marty Hurney said. "David is an excellent person and we wish him the best."

Unfortunately this is true as we paid an excellent person first pick money for five years.

axman40
02-27-2008, 10:34 PM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/1/19/Gomer_Pyle.jpg (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Gomer_Pyle.jpg) "Surprise, surprise, surprise!".
:texflag:

DocBar
02-27-2008, 11:42 PM

That should rank up there with waterboarding. What's next, Ricky Williams as drug counselor???

ObsiWan
02-28-2008, 07:53 AM
That should rank up there with waterboarding. What's next, Ricky Williams as drug counselor???

well, I mean.... who else knows drugs better...?
:)

PapaL
02-28-2008, 09:17 AM
Some where Hulk is on suicide watch...

hadaad
02-28-2008, 10:01 AM
13 sacks in 6 games only 4 of them starts ... ahhh good old Carr. I just wonder what Haynsworth would have done to that guy if you had him last season :thinking:

No way. Haynesworth would never get a shot on Carr. The second Carr got back there, he was looking to roll out. Sure, Vanden Bosch would have had a field day but Haynesworth would have to start running sideways off the snap to catch up to Carr.

OzzO
02-28-2008, 01:39 PM
Some where Hulk is on suicide watch...

Dangit - I was just gonna post something similar. I was wondering what MB he was gonna go to now?

Second Honeymoon
02-28-2008, 01:59 PM
Dangit - I was just gonna post something similar. I was wondering what MB he was gonna go to now?

Dallas Desparados. Ironically, it could be a place where Carr could resurrect his career. The money is just so small that Carr would have to really want to change things and commit for the love of the game and competition or he will still come up short and be a failure. As bad as things seem right now, with enough hard work, dedication, and most importantly sacrifice, he could at least be a backup QB in the NFL.

He has a long way to go but its not impossible and he is young and has the resources to go somewhere and just get playing time without having to worry about putting food on the table. The game moves very fast and that type of wide open play may help Carr improve his downfield vision/progressions. He would just have to be willing to commit himself 100% and he has never shown he was willing to do that.

Anyways, at least everyone says he is a good person. He just isn't a good player at all.

HoustonFrog
02-28-2008, 02:32 PM
He already has been signed.

YMCA Team Hook N Ladder

http://i28.tinypic.com/fljchv.jpg

bah007
02-28-2008, 02:34 PM

YMCA Team Hook N Ladder

http://i26.tinypic.com/23kutr5.jpg

Nice tan.

Second Honeymoon
02-28-2008, 02:38 PM
Nice tan.

is that a tampon string or thong that that guy is pulling from David's nether regions?

HOU-TEX
02-28-2008, 02:50 PM

YMCA Team Hook N Ladder

http://i28.tinypic.com/fljchv.jpg

Dang, he's even getting sacked in flag football. :thinking:

HoustonFrog
02-28-2008, 02:53 PM
Dang, he's even getting sacked in flag football. :thinking:

And I think that might be Chris Weinke laughing at him in the background..lol.

TexansSeminole
02-28-2008, 02:54 PM
And I think that might be Chris Weinke laughing at him in the background..lol.

I'd take Weinke over Carr anyday.

chicagotexan2
02-28-2008, 03:29 PM
I'd take Weinke over Carr anyday.

I'd Take Tinky Weinkie over Carr anyday.

Blazing Arrow
02-28-2008, 05:40 PM
No way. Haynesworth would never get a shot on Carr. The second Carr got back there, he was looking to roll out. Sure, Vanden Bosch would have had a field day but Haynesworth would have to start running sideways off the snap to catch up to Carr.

AH got to Carr 3 time in Carolina before he just started throwing balls into the stands to get away from him.

Texan_Bill
02-28-2008, 05:44 PM
AH got to Carr 3 time in Carolina before he just started throwing balls into the stands to get away from him.

Soooooo, Fat Albert had 6 sacks all season and 3 of those were against Carr?? Thats absolutely pathetic for an alleged pro-bowler...

Blazing Arrow
02-28-2008, 06:06 PM
Soooooo, Fat Albert had 6 sacks all season and 3 of those were against Carr?? Thats absolutely pathetic for an alleged pro-bowler...

You do recall what he did to your QB right? He missed basicaly 4 games as well. Anyone who would not call AH's preformace last season a Pro Bowl one knows little to nothing about football.

Hervoyel
02-28-2008, 06:08 PM
So at some point this became the "All Encompassing Albert Haynesworth Thread"?

Blazing Arrow
02-28-2008, 06:15 PM

He takes over games and now I guess threads :wild:

But Carr sucks .... does that make it better?

Texan_Bill
02-28-2008, 06:21 PM
You do recall what he did to your QB right? He missed basicaly 4 games as well. Anyone who would not call AH's preformace last season a Pro Bowl one knows little to nothing about football.

Yes... He drove Schaub into the ground. It's called a cheap shot from a punk.

Okay, the pansy missed 25% of the season (reason enough to not make the pro-bowl). But lets play the game anyways; So, math would tell me that he was on pace to have a whopping 8 sacks.. Oh boy!!! (and again, 3 were v. Carr). Thats good stuff there. :rolleyes:

Texan_Bill
02-28-2008, 06:23 PM

Actually its still about Carr. It just so happens that the punk Sparrow brought into the equation was merely padding his stats against Carr.

Blazing Arrow
02-28-2008, 06:30 PM
Yes... He drove Schaub into the ground. It's called a cheap shot from a punk.

Okay, the pansy missed 25% of the season (reason enough to not make the pro-bowl). But lets play the game anyways; So, math would tell me that he was on pace to have a whopping 8 sacks.. Oh boy!!! (and again, 3 were v. Carr). Thats good stuff there. :rolleyes:

Ah so you think stats are the most important factor for a player then? Refer to my last post in this thread for what I think of that.

Was the hit on Shammy legal?

TexansLucky13
02-28-2008, 06:34 PM

What about beating that guys face in with his cleats?

He is a Grade A thug and he belongs with the Titans (or the Raiders).

Blazing Arrow
02-28-2008, 06:34 PM
BTW Billy .... 8 sacks would have put AH at tied for 2nd in the league for DTs. So yes again that is a Pro Bowl stat since you seem to put so much weight in them.

Blazing Arrow
02-28-2008, 06:36 PM
What about beating that guys face in with his cleats?

He is a Grade A thug and he belongs with the Titans (or the Raiders).

He served a suspension, went to anger management classes, apologized, and paid a fine. Should AH now feed the guys dog too?

Oh and "beating the guys face in with his cleat" is a little of an exaggeration don't you think?

TexansLucky13
02-28-2008, 06:38 PM
He served a suspension, went to anger management classes, apologized, and paid a fine. Should AH now feed the guys dog too?

Oh and "beating the guys face in with his cleat" is a little of an exaggeration don't you think?

I called it as I saw it, and there it is.

Blazing Arrow
02-28-2008, 06:41 PM
I called it as I saw it, and there it is.

That was actually Rocky 4 you were watching ....

Texan_Bill
02-28-2008, 06:43 PM
Ah so you think stats are the most important factor for a player then? Refer to my last post in this thread for what I think of that.

Nope and nope.....

I dont think stats tell the whole picture, but for D-linemen sacks are tangible element to their performance.

Actually no, it was not legal. There are any number of personal fouls that could be called, from unnescessary roughness to unsportsmanlike conduct, possibly even a roughing the passer call. It is not permissable to 'drive' a players head into the ground.

No worries though. Y'all are stuck with the guy this season and he will become a cancer...

TexansLucky13
02-28-2008, 06:45 PM
That was actually Rocky 4 you were watching ....

http://profootballtalk.com/HaynesworthStomp.jpg

Yep, that's definitely Stallone bringing his hoof down on the defenseless guy on the ground.

Texan_Bill
02-28-2008, 06:47 PM

WHAT??!!? Exaggeration?!?!?!? 30+ stitches???? Put the bong down.. Re-watch the clip.

Thats not an exaggeration, that is fact.

Anyway, enough about that particular loser, this thread was about Carr....

I can start a 'Fat Albert is Punk' thread if you want me to... k???

Blazing Arrow
02-28-2008, 06:47 PM
http://profootballtalk.com/HaynesworthStomp.jpg

Yep, that's definitely Stallone bringing his hoof down on the defenseless guy on the ground.

Nice angle but he did not step it was more of a kick. Again if you serve your time are you not allowed to come back?

Blazing Arrow
02-28-2008, 06:49 PM
Anyway, enough about that particular loser, this thread was about Carr....

I can start a 'Fat Albert is Punk' thread if you want me to... k???

I was actually waiting for DB to jump in but he must be on vacation .... :cool:

TexansLucky13
02-28-2008, 06:50 PM
Nice angle but he did not step it was more of a kick. Again if you serve your time are you not allowed to come back?

"Haynesworth tried to stomp on Gurode's head, but missed. A second stomp opened a severe wound on Gurode's forehead, narrowly missing his right eye. Haynesworth was hit with a 15-yard penalty for unsportsmanlike conduct. In the midst of his protest, he took off his helmet and threw it to the ground, which led to another 15-yard penalty and Haynesworth's ejection from the game. [6] Gurode later received 30 stitches just above and below his right eye."

I consider that a face-stomping. Just like Bill said.... open your eyes next time you watch the clip. He was one inch away from ending that guys career.

Blazing Arrow
02-28-2008, 06:57 PM
"Haynesworth tried to stomp on Gurode's head, but missed. A second stomp opened a severe wound on Gurode's forehead, narrowly missing his right eye. Haynesworth was hit with a 15-yard penalty for unsportsmanlike conduct. In the midst of his protest, he took off his helmet and threw it to the ground, which led to another 15-yard penalty and Haynesworth's ejection from the game. [6] Gurode later received 30 stitches just above and below his right eye."

I consider that a face-stomping. Just like Bill said.... open your eyes next time you watch the clip. He was one inch away from ending that guys career.

I never condoned the action ... I think I was quit vocal against it at the time and still am. But I also think there is a reason that the system has penalties for infractions and when someone serves them it is time to move past them.

Carr sucks!:texflag:

drewmar74
02-29-2008, 11:13 AM
Carr sucks!:texflag:

Unless of course you are the Miami Herald:

The Dolphins should sign David Carr. The likelihood is not that Carr will magically become the long-sought answer at the quarterback spot (though I wouldn't rule it out). The point is that if you throw enough question marks into the competition, your odds increase that one of them might miraculously straighten out and become an exclamation point. Put another way, the Dolphins' starting QB, right now, is thoroughly unaccomplished journeyman Cleo Lemon, whose chances of being back with the team are anorexia-slim. The other guy, second-year man John Beck, is unproven and of dubious long-range future. Talk about a depth chart! In the NFL, the depths don't sink much lower in terms of experience or proof at the game's most important position.

http://www.miamiherald.com/614/story/438415.html

That blows my mind. There were some here that said they thought that he'd get another shot but I was thinking "No freakin' way."

Looks like I am wrong.

Again.

Texan_Bill
02-29-2008, 11:16 AM
Let's think about this..... Does Carr seem like he would be a Bill Parcell's kind of guy???

I think not...

Wolf
02-29-2008, 11:24 AM
Let's think about this..... Does Carr seem like he would be a Bill Parcell's kind of guy???

I think not...
no joke, I mean chris palmer was under Parcels and helped tony romo, and chris palmer is under eli manning.

chris palmer under carr and......

Honoring Earl 34
02-29-2008, 11:57 AM
Unless of course you are the Miami Herald:

The Dolphins should sign David Carr. The likelihood is not that Carr will magically become the long-sought answer at the quarterback spot (though I wouldn't rule it out). The point is that if you throw enough question marks into the competition, your odds increase that one of them might miraculously straighten out and become an exclamation point. Put another way, the Dolphins' starting QB, right now, is thoroughly unaccomplished journeyman Cleo Lemon, whose chances of being back with the team are anorexia-slim. The other guy, second-year man John Beck, is unproven and of dubious long-range future. Talk about a depth chart! In the NFL, the depths don't sink much lower in terms of experience or proof at the game's most important position.

http://www.miamiherald.com/614/story/438415.html

That blows my mind. There were some here that said they thought that he'd get another shot but I was thinking "No freakin' way."

Looks like I am wrong.

Again.

He would'nt make past the first preseason game .

Blazing Arrow
02-29-2008, 12:10 PM
It would be pretty sweat to see the Phins pick him up. Assuming they draft a QB with their pick ... Carr gets to mentor the guy. Guaranteeing #1 picks for seasons to come.

hadaad
02-29-2008, 12:22 PM
I'd love to see what kastofsna had to say about that.

HOU-TEX
02-29-2008, 12:30 PM
He would'nt make past the first preseason game .

Hmm...I don't know. He's always been a Training Camp warrior. He'd probably get all the Phins fans in a happy tizzy during Camp. Once game time, the "stop, drop and roll" will commence. :gun:

Honoring Earl 34
02-29-2008, 12:43 PM
Hmm...I don't know. He's always been a Training Camp warrior. He'd probably get all the Phins fans in a happy tizzy during Camp. Once game time, the "stop, drop and roll" will commence. :gun:

I think Parcells is a guy who thinks QBs don't win games they lose them . The first time Carr ran out of bounds behind the LOS to save his passer rating ... would be the last .

HoustonFrog
02-29-2008, 01:16 PM
I think Parcells is a guy who thinks QBs don't win games they lose them . The first time Carr ran out of bounds behind the LOS to save his passer rating ... would be the last .

Dear Lord, I'd love to see Parcells at camp with Carr. Carr would cry on national TV. That or he would take the title of "she" from Terry Glenn.

Errant Hothy
02-29-2008, 01:22 PM
Dear Lord, I'd love to see Parcells at camp with Carr. Carr would cry on national TV. That or he would take the title of "she" from Terry Glenn.

Just imagine Carr coming on to the field with the "mittens" and Parcells' face.

:thisbig: :thisbig: :thisbig: :thisbig:

austintexanite
02-29-2008, 01:26 PM
There is no way Parcells could last a whole season with Carr as his qb. I think he was have a massive stroke if he had to watch Carr the whole year.

Double Barrel
02-29-2008, 01:58 PM
Parcells is a good judge of talent. No way does he see Carr for anything other than what he is right now. I would be shocked if the Dolphins picked him up.

Brando
02-29-2008, 02:01 PM
Parcells is a good judge of talent. No way does he see Carr for anything other than what he is right now. I would be shocked if the Dolphins picked him up.

No doubt Parcells is a great talent evaluator, I would be very shocked to see the Dolphins pick up another Lemon.

4Texans
02-29-2008, 03:39 PM
Between Carr and Tuna working together, who do you think would have a "melt-down" first??????:thinking:

It's really a toss up if you ask me,,,,

bah007
02-29-2008, 03:40 PM
Between Carr and Tuna working together, who do you think would have a "melt-down" first??????:thinking:

It's really a toss up if you ask me,,,,

ESPN would have one waiting to find out the answer to that question.

Dread-Head
02-29-2008, 04:10 PM
He's made enough money to where he can open a car dealership or something...

Texan_Bill
02-29-2008, 04:23 PM
He's made enough money to where he can open a car dealership or something...

Isn't 'David Carr Auto' somewhat redundant?!?! :thinking:

Texans_Chick
02-29-2008, 05:28 PM
Miami columnist begging for Carr.

Carr+Parcells=quivering pile of goo and glove remnants.

Other thoughts on this in part:

Miami Herald Columnist Smitten With Mittens (http://sports.aol.com/fanhouse/2008/02/29/miami-herald-columnist-smitten-with-mittens/)

Yes, my friends, Greg Cote of the Miami Herald has stepped forward and suggested that Mister Mittens might be a worthwhile signing for the Dolphins, which leads me to say this with a straight face: Greg Cote must be high.

Seriously, weren't the Miami Dolphins 1-15 last season? Wouldn't they prefer to have a quarterback who's capable of winning some games? Carr is 22-56 as a starter, he can't read a defense, and he holds onto the ball too long, resulting in extra sacks and fumbles. You can only blame his offensive lines so many times before you realize that maybe, just maybe, linemen can only block for so long every play.

Bill Parcells is smart enough to know these things. He will not sign David Carr, and I'm sure he will join me in encouraging Greg Cote to put down the pipe.

StarStruck
02-29-2008, 07:20 PM

IIRC, and I do, back when there was talk about Carr going to Miami last year, Hulk said that the only way that would happen is that Miami would have to open the pocketbook really wide. What doya think?

thunderkyss
02-29-2008, 08:32 PM
IMHO, there are a lot of similarities between David Carr, and Drew Bledsoe.

At this point in time though, DC is a baskett case, and needs a shrink as much as he'll need a QB coach.

If there is any coach out there, that could make David Carr a success, it would be Parcells. That's the way I see it.

Too bad Bill Parcells isn't a coach anymore.

kastofsna
02-29-2008, 08:57 PM
no clue how this Carr to Dolphins thing ever sprung up, but it's hysterical.

McCown is signed anywho.

Brando
03-02-2008, 12:07 PM
I thought this was entertaining, even though the "Carr" is a little played out.....

THE GRAPEVINE: Might the Ravens seek a new Carr?

You would be hard pressed to find anyone here in The Land of Pleasant Living to argue the point that the Ravens are ok at quarterback. We all know they are not. Steve McNair is like that 1992 Toyota Camry in your uncle’s driveway. Man was it a good and reliable car in its day but even the most precise Precision Tune on the planet can’t get that engine to run on 2 cylinders much less four.

Kyle Boller is like that car you take to the mechanic that won’t reproduce the engine knock that you hear when you are driving around town alone and then as soon as you go on the road out of town, the damn thing breaks down altogether.

Troy Smith is a nice, new compact vehicle that has a little giddy up and does pretty well in tight spaces but when it gets boxed in by a tractor trailer or two, the sight lines aren’t clean and you are forced to take chances while escaping congested areas.

Clearly QB issues remain part of the local landscape…

Remember David “You Can Drive My” Carr? The former No. 1 overall pick in the 2001 draft is now looking for a new home. The Carolina Panthers recently severed ties with Carr and he’s now a free agent. But Ravens fans, before you get yourself all lathered up over the possibilities of a new Carr, keep in mind that this old Carr was behind Vinny Testaverde and Chris Weinke on the Panthers’ depth chart last season. Should the Ravens bring him in, hopefully it will cost them no more than a Rent-a-Wreck.

I think Vinny T is a Ford Model T.;)

Link (http://www.ravens24x7.com/column_view.php?cid=13&id=2268&view=archive)

Silver Oak
03-02-2008, 12:25 PM
I'll throw this in this thread as it is DC related...

so I call the Texans ticket office yesterday as I received a piece of mail saying I was "Past Due" on making my season tickets payments (which I am not...idiots), and I listened to their recording waiting for someone to pick up, and the tape is of Vandemeer with a play by play of DC!

Good Grief...can someone in that office please bring us out of that nightmare and put some Schaub to AJ or Mario returning the fumble for a td, or even AD returning a kick return?

PapaL
03-02-2008, 12:33 PM
I thought this was entertaining, even though the "Carr" is a little played out.....

I think Vinny T is a Ford Model T.;)

Link (http://www.ravens24x7.com/column_view.php?cid=13&id=2268&view=archive)

Great just want I need, another reason to stay away from Baltimore. I swear if I run into Mr.Mittens at the grocery store I'm going to throw some tomatoes at him.

Koolaid Time
03-05-2008, 09:19 AM
http://www.carolinahuddle.com/forum/carolina-panthers/70448-why-carr-others-havent-been-cut.html

they are thinking after june 1st
but Carr only has one year left on his contract so who knows

Seesh he has been cut almost a week and nobody said anything on here....

Goldensilence
03-05-2008, 09:31 AM

They've been too busy on the Sage for a 3rd thread. :wild:

Koolaid Time
03-05-2008, 09:32 AM
Great just want I need, another reason to stay away from Baltimore. I swear if I run into Mr.Mittens at the grocery store I'm going to throw some tomatoes at him.

I heard that Carr was interviewing for the Maitre` de position at Roger Clemens’ Sports Grill…

HOU-TEX
03-05-2008, 10:09 AM

Page 22 post #424. :cool: