PDA

View Full Version : Conspiracy theory

Andrew6
09-30-2007, 11:26 PM
Ok, I thought about and have come to this conclusion. Houston gave up 2 second round pics and swapped their #1 pick with ATL for Schaub, and ATL said Houston you also have to lose to us during the game this year. LOL ok it was just a thought.

Alrighty, So after finally taking the time out I watched todays game. I'd have to say that I've never seen so many BS flags by officals. I don't think offense or the defense did a bad job today for the Texans. IMHO I beleive our biggest problem is the one that we've had for a while, NO RUNNING GAME. Ron Dayne is not an every down back and is good for a few yards every now and then. He will not normally break for any yardage. He generally falls forward for around 2-3 yards. Other than lack of a running game, just didn't see much heart out there today. ATL just flat out out-played Houston.

Marcus
10-01-2007, 12:52 AM
It utterly amazes me how some can dismiss a lack of a running game, as something trivial . . as if it's 'nice to have' but not really needed.

threetoedpete
10-01-2007, 01:19 AM
It utterly amazes me how some can dismiss a lack of a running game, as something trivial . . as if it's 'nice to have' but not really needed.

agreed. Mario is being thrown under the buss, the backs and now of all people MS. OK one more time the pharse of the day boys and gurls is play action pass.
And if we don't have it this offense is DOA. I thought MS did a remarkable job under the circumstances. He almost willed this team to a win. There ain't no quit in this dog. He can hunt.

Well one thingy is for sure, Mr Sherman over estimated how much Mr. Flannagan had left in the tank. Is there enough body of evidence now to post that he can not play in this power run line ? One more start then bring in the rook.

I thought MS busted his guts tring to mount the come back. I wasn't sold on MS befor this game, but I am now. He can take us to the SB.

One more obsevation....we discovered something else today...our two, three, four and five Wrs are now locked down for the forseable future. And Walter is our #2. All he needs is targets. That's on the coaches. We are two deep at great TE's. Our ball skill guys....except at RB are set. Something this team has never had. Right now I'm wondering how much Ahmen has left in the tank.

The Pencil Neck
10-01-2007, 11:41 AM

The lack of a running game is what killed us in the red zone. But also, you've got to recognize what you've got and what you don't. Without AG, we've got no running game. Even with AG, our running game isn't exactly stellar. It's not about staying committed to it or feeding the ball more to Dayne or Gado. We've got to try to use the pass to set up the run. With MS and these receivers, we can move the ball.

But please, on 3rd or 4th and 1, do not call a 0 yard pass play to Leach anymore.

Andrew6
10-01-2007, 11:53 AM
Just out of curiosity, I thought I saw Casey Studdard out there on special teams is he playing on the line now? If so is he good enough to play center?

The Pencil Neck
10-01-2007, 12:49 PM
Just out of curiosity, I thought I saw Casey Studdard out there on special teams is he playing on the line now? If so is he good enough to play center?

I was surprised to see Casey suited up but with McKinney down, they had to suit him up.

But, for center, I think they're looking at Chris White as the future.

Texan_Bill
10-01-2007, 12:52 PM
Call me old school, but when its 3rd or 4th and inches and your QB is 6'-5" - how about a silent count sneak?????

Pantherstang84
10-01-2007, 12:58 PM
The lack of a running game is what killed us in the red zone. But also, you've got to recognize what you've got and what you don't. Without AG, we've got no running game. Even with AG, our running game isn't exactly stellar. It's not about staying committed to it or feeding the ball more to Dayne or Gado. We've got to try to use the pass to set up the run. With MS and these receivers, we can move the ball.

But please, on 3rd or 4th and 1, do not call a 0 yard pass play to Leach anymore.

I was thinking the same thing this morning. Sometimes in the WCO you have to use the pass to set up the run.

Brando
10-01-2007, 02:08 PM
Call me old school, but when its 3rd or 4th and inches and your QB is 6'-5" - how about a silent count sneak?????

I was wanting that at the goal line before the pitch out to Dayne when he decided to :juggle: the ball.