PDA

View Full Version : DeAngelo Hall wants Out.

Leahmic223
09-30-2007, 10:46 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=AuHvtwfKsdiOpiJYlLHgRFlDubYF?slug=jc-halltraderequest093007&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

I say we go for it, I mean our secondary sucks so bad. I mean if we plan on drafting a unproven CB in the draft, might as well see what we can give for a proven CB and he's only 23. Maybe not attack this aggressively but at least give it a shot.

I mean Faggins has been giving up some big plays man, our secondary is in shambles, we need help one way or another.

awtysst
09-30-2007, 11:00 PM
He is signed for the next couple of years and pretty much has no way out. He can demand a trade, but the Falcons are under no obligation to trade him. I also have a feeling he has some character issues. In this new Goodell NFL, that can be a bad thing.

kastofsna
09-30-2007, 11:09 PM
Hall blows, no thanks.

Leahmic223
09-30-2007, 11:14 PM
He is signed for the next couple of years and pretty much has no way out. He can demand a trade, but the Falcons are under no obligation to trade him. I also have a feeling he has some character issues. In this new Goodell NFL, that can be a bad thing.

I don't know about the character issues. I mean has he ever been in legal trouble? I think Hall's issues lies with the team he is playing for and the Coach he is playing for. Its just one team. T.O. has a history of doing this to every team he plays for, this is Hall's first.

Plus the guy is 10x better than Faggins.

As for the Falcons not wanting to trade him, I don't take too much stock into that. They may try to hang on to the guy for this year and sees how long he remains unhappy...I mean it is worth a shot IMO. The secondary is a huge hole IMO. Some of the reason the line can't get to the QB because he's finding guys open before they get to him. Also Hall is a big reason why their pass defense is ranked so high...

I mean look the Cowboys took a risk for Owens, The Pats took a risk on Moss,
Both of those guys are the same type of guys as Hall. The guy that gets frustrated with hi team when they are losing and gets ready to hit the role...but when they are winning these guys get motivated. I think Hall can fix a lot of our problems in the secondary.

I just don't see what do we have to lose.

kastofsna
09-30-2007, 11:29 PM
Charlie Casserly said he wouldn't have drafted Hall because of his character issues.

Leahmic223
09-30-2007, 11:40 PM
Charlie Casserly said he wouldn't have drafted Hall because of his character issues.

Are we really going to listen to Casserly?

I'm just saying, other franchises has taken the risks with these guys and they are looking good right now.

The only thing I hear about Hall is that he's cocky and a bit egotisitical, but winning is a good medicine to all that.

Also, what do we have to lose? I mean Faggins is on the other side giving up plays, that needs to stop if we are going to be a winning team.

We took a risk when we got Schaub but its working out, depending on when and how much the Falcons want for him I would take the risk. We need a solid corner on the other side of the field and Hall is more than a solid corner. He's a good young corner I don't think Dunta is too much better than him honestly if he's better than him at all, they are at about the same point in their careers. Dunta is better against the run and Hall isn't going to get beat deep and can make some plays. I just don't think we have much to lose depending on what Atlanta wants and when or if they'd be willing to trade him. Maybe not this year but he should be on our radar.

kastofsna
10-01-2007, 12:00 AM
well, if there were concerns about his character before he went to the NFL (there were) and now he's having concerns in the NFL, seems like an important issue with him.

TexanSam
10-01-2007, 12:02 AM
I'd love to have him. I don't know if he had any outbursts before Petrino was hired at Atlanta, but even if he did I'd still love for the Texans to trade for him. As bad as Faggins has been, I would take the risk on Hall and his character issues.

Bulluck53
10-01-2007, 12:05 AM
His obvious problems are inconsistency and character issues. Although I don't think he would go to Vegas and order a friend to kill someone (ahem...) he doesn't use his head on the field, like last week. His talents would definitely be an upgrade, though.

real
10-01-2007, 12:06 AM
The man got his face spat in...

If he had character issues I think they would have showed....

Bulluck53
10-01-2007, 12:14 AM
Did you see what he did to Steve Smith?

dtran04
10-01-2007, 12:23 AM
His mouth is much better than his actual game.

Errant Hothy
10-01-2007, 09:31 AM
If the cost wouldn't be so high I'd say go for it.

He'd be a great #2 CB, and it would allow us to move Petey back to the nickel corner, and it would give us another season to get Bennett ready. Both Hall and Dunta are FAs after next season. I agree with real, if there were bad character issues they would have surfaced by now, I don't think he's had any off the field issues. Althought he is pasrt of that string of Vivk era Hookies, so there definalty should be some investagating before any moevement by the Texasn. I could care less if a player runs his mouth, espically a DB (to me that's part of there job).

But the cost will be to high.

GlassHalfFull
10-01-2007, 09:54 AM
I'd love to have him. I don't know if he had any outbursts before Petrino was hired at Atlanta, but even if he did I'd still love for the Texans to trade for him. As bad as Faggins has been, I would take the risk on Hall and his character issues.

We have a player on the team (Schaub) who should be able to let the front office know if there are any character issues or not.

Malloy
10-01-2007, 10:13 AM
Regardless of his character issues, I'm not sure that the Falcons will trust us in trades for a long time :)

Bring him in and introduce him to the team, let him know that there's a no BS attitude in Houston, and that he'll get killed if he does not behave.

Unfortunately chances are he won't get traded at all...

Exithios
10-01-2007, 10:36 AM
I wonder if they will take Jerome Mathis straight-up?

edo783
10-01-2007, 10:42 AM
I wonder if they will take Jerome Mathis straight-up?

Very much doubt that, but might be a starting point.