PDA

View Full Version : Ramonce Taylor or Ricky Williams (Help at RB)

Hook'er
09-30-2007, 09:18 PM
Either Taylor or Williams could really help this team right now!

real
09-30-2007, 09:31 PM
Now is not the time to go into desperation mode.

Hervoyel
09-30-2007, 09:31 PM
Interesting ideas. I can't imagine them doing something like that but if I were in a position to do so I'd be calling anybody out there who might be able to help to see if they'd come in for a look. I question whether Ricky Williams is in anything approaching football shape, even if he's completely ready to play (meaning no weed). If he was ready to play we could probably use him. If Corey Dillon was ready to play I know we could use him.

For the record I don't think Dayne was that bad today. I think we got away from the run when we got behind and thus he never really got going after the first quarter. That's what I think. I also think that if Ahman Green is going to miss another game then bring me another old veteran (if he can play) to take Gado's spot on the roster. It's not like Samkon is doing anything with it.

real
09-30-2007, 09:34 PM
I think we should bring Wali back.

I still think the guy is a good running back...And in the pre-season he looked like he was quicker than last year...

texasguy346
09-30-2007, 09:39 PM
I think they should really give Walker a shot if Green is going to miss much more time. With Flannagan in at C he's going to be a liability in the run game. We aren't going to be able to run the ball up the middle all day, and we'll need a guy who's a little quicker to run it on the outside or pitch it to every now and then. Even getting him in on a screen once in a while will lead to more positive plays from our offense. Of course getting AJ & JJ back will do wonders for the running game too.

ObsiWan
09-30-2007, 09:47 PM
Corey Dillon makes the most sense for a short term fix. But we probably can't afford him.

YellerLotYeller
09-30-2007, 09:55 PM
http://www.lazydork.com/movies/friday.jpg
DAMN!!!! Did you really just say Ricky Williams?!?!

STEEL BLUE TEXANS
09-30-2007, 09:59 PM
Dayne was just awful in short yardage situations.

Mr. White
09-30-2007, 10:01 PM
I heard an interview with Ricky Williams a couple of weeks ago here in Austin. His old RB coach has his own radio show. He's been tough on Ricky in the past when he's screwed up, so I don't think he's blowing smoke.

FWIW, he thinks Ricky's in football shape right now. Ricky sounded real honest and contrite in the interview. He admitted that his problem has been that he's never had to do anything for himself since he was a football star through college.

When he got into the pros, he didn't know how to adjust to being an adult. If nothing else, the dude talks a good game.

He hasn't heard from the Dolphins since Cam Cameron got hired. He said that he'd love to play in Texas again since people in Texas are more receptive to him than anywhere else. I heard all that I needed to hear to be willing to give the guy a chance with my favorite pro team. I'd love to see him as a Texan. I think the Texans could benefit as well. Having said that, I honestly think it would never happen.

Ramonce....not so much.

4Texans
09-30-2007, 10:15 PM
If AG isn't coming back soon, we need some sort of help, but I'm not sure if it's Taylor or Williams that can help. Isn't Williams still the property of Miami if he plays in the NFL again?

Hook'er
09-30-2007, 10:32 PM
We just really need to get our running game going!:texflag:

dalemurphy
09-30-2007, 11:54 PM

He should've been benched at halftime for Gado. I'd describe his running style today as jogging with his eyes closed in 2 feet of water.

Texanmike02
09-30-2007, 11:58 PM
Barry is only 37 right now isn't he?

No seriously our options in no particular order would be this:

DD/DW
Dillon
Lundi
Taylor
Williams

If anyone has any other options let me know.

Mike

hot pickle
10-01-2007, 12:45 AM
ive said since the draft bring in RT.... hes a playmaker

awtysst
10-01-2007, 01:13 AM
Ricky Williams failed a drug test in May. He is going to seek reinstatement tomorrow. I do not want to take that kind of chance. He has failed 5 times. Do yall really want to take a chance on a fifth?

Hook'er
10-01-2007, 01:26 AM
Sure, why not?

DiehardChris
10-01-2007, 01:33 AM
We just need to have a permanent thread somewhere that says "The Texans never bring in players with character issues."

Texanmike02
10-01-2007, 02:44 AM
I don't think you can bring in Williams actually. Given the new NFL policy on behavior and the fact that they are talking about taking draft picks (at one point at least they were) or fining teams if you have a troublemaker on your roster I don't think you can afford Williams. Not even for 12 games. I think his days in the league are done if the league does take any action vs Teams.

Mike

threetoedpete
10-01-2007, 03:12 AM

Except on the twenty five yard run ? Look there is a function between the quality of holes to run through and the quality of your o-line. I've been preaching this for four years and no one wants to listen. You want holes in the line for average backs to get through and have big games ? Go draft them early in the process of the Draft. The only thing that has not come true this year that i predicted as a wrose case scenario is Salaam going down. Salaam goes down MS and Kubiack's offense looses all functionality. They had to get twevle starts out of the moss back centers to have a shot at a winning record. I stand by that.
The way Grady absolutly brutalized Flanagan, I'm not to sure that's going to be possible. Chriss White better be a heck of a center when the bullets are flying versus the "a" guys.

PapaL
10-01-2007, 07:22 AM
Ricky Williams failed a drug test in May. He is going to seek reinstatement tomorrow. I do not want to take that kind of chance. He has failed 5 times. Do yall really want to take a chance on a fifth?

We could A.) Have Ricky Williams who runs well when he's high or B.) Ron Dayne who runs like he's high. Hmm... PUSH?

TEXANRED
10-01-2007, 08:13 AM
For the record I don't think Dayne was that bad today. I think we got away from the run when we got behind and thus he never really got going after the first quarter. That's what I think. I also think that if Ahman Green is going to miss another game then bring me another old veteran (if he can play) to take Gado's spot on the roster. It's not like Samkon is doing anything with it.

I disagree. Ron Dayne was bad and then went back for seconds.

Stopped three times on third and one and fumbled on third and goal.

Errant Hothy
10-01-2007, 08:52 AM
No, to either.

Havn't we had pages and pages of discussion on both? Ricky is a pot head to whom weed is more important then football. Ramonce is a Pac-Man Jones starter kit at RB.

Just Say No!!!

TexanAddict
10-01-2007, 02:52 PM
Isn't Priest Holmes on Kansas City's PUP? Couldn't he reach an injury settlement and be released? I remember him being almost ready to replace LJ at the start of the season, but now i don't think the Chiefs have any intention of playing him. I think his risk of re-injury may not be as high as the risk of Ricky getting high. Hell, we could platoon Green, Holmes, and Dayne by quarters so that maybe might be able to avoid getting hurt (j/k). Seriously, I would rather see Priest here than Ricky or Ramonce if we must appease the UT backers.

Malloy
10-01-2007, 03:06 PM
I would LOVE to get Ricky. Now if the NFL would just stop being so harsh on recreational drugs :)

Seriously, getting Ricky (and keeping him around) would be awesome!

TexansSeminole
10-01-2007, 03:09 PM
We could A.) Have Ricky Williams who runs well when he's high or B.) Ron Dayne who runs like he's high. Hmm... PUSH?

Great post. I don't care if he is stoned out of his mind when he plays as long as he can run better than Ron Dayne and he doesn't get paid like a star.

Hook'er
10-08-2007, 12:07 AM
Yeah Dayne SUCKS............any news on Ricky?