PDA

View Full Version : Positives

kiwitexansfan
09-30-2007, 04:15 PM
Is it too early for this??

Andre Davis (assuming he is healthy) is a legit WR for this team.

Schaub had a career high yardage day throwing to Davis and Walters.

At the end of the game when the defense absolutely needed a stop they made some plays. (yes they were rubbish for 3 3/4 quarters but they stood up at the end)

Okoye got another sack, pretty good production for a DT, especially a rookie.

We have Miami next week who are 0-4.

Dread-Head
09-30-2007, 04:19 PM
the positive I can see is that the Defense did their jobs although someone needs to tell Petey Faggins to quit making excuses and just do his JOB. And that these guys have the talent they just need to fine tune it.
The biggest positive? that the Season ISN'T over yet.

Leahmic223
09-30-2007, 04:31 PM
We are 2-2...seriously we are usually 1-3.

I don't know if Miami loss this week, but we may be playing another desperate team.

kastofsna
09-30-2007, 04:31 PM
i didn't see the game today, but looks like injuries are catching up with ya.

inexcusable to let Harrington have a career day though, no matter what.

belars44
09-30-2007, 04:34 PM
Agreed. We come home and lose to the 0-4 Dolphins and all is back to norm. I suppose it was a fun first 2 weeks though.

alphajoker
09-30-2007, 04:45 PM
Hate to poop on anyone's parade but to me...they lost, there are no positives.

J-Russ
09-30-2007, 04:48 PM
Losing negates any positives there were in the game. All that matter is the win and we didn't get it.

Heres to another terrible week, this lost is going to follow me around like a black cloud. I can't believe I waited all week for THIS.

Texanmike02
09-30-2007, 04:48 PM

One of my positives for this week was "we have atlanta next week who are 0-3"

Mike

Texanmike02
09-30-2007, 04:50 PM
i didn't see the game today, but looks like injuries are catching up with ya.

inexcusable to let Harrington have a career day though, no matter what.

That had nothing to do with injuries. 3/4 of our secondary wouldn't consideration for C-USA player of the year much less do they deserve to be starting on an NFL team.

Mike

valleytexfan
09-30-2007, 04:51 PM
I'm with you kiwi, there were a couple of things to build on for next week.

But man, oh man, the defense was soft today, IMO. Harrington picked apart the secondary with relative ease. Demeco and Amobi were the only bright spots.

We need AJ, Ahman, Jacoby and Mathis back to spark this team on offense and special teams.

Kudos to Atlanta today, no doubt. They played with their backs against the wall.

kastofsna
09-30-2007, 04:57 PM
One of my positives for this week was "we have atlanta next week who are 0-3"

Mike
yeah but if you watched the games or looked at the stats, Atlanta was doing pretty well despite being 0-3. Miami, on the other hand, is 0-4 and is playing like it. worst defense in the NFL.

just worry about Ronnie Brown, who has consecutive 200-yard games from the line of scrimmage. he's a threat. no one else is.

beerlover
09-30-2007, 04:59 PM
biggest positive is nobody signifcant was injured & those injured are one week closer to coming back. :specnatz:

kastofsna
09-30-2007, 07:00 PM
how did Mario Williams do?

ATXtexanfan
09-30-2007, 07:03 PM
biggest positive is nobody signifcant was injured & those injured are one week closer to coming back. :specnatz:

ain't that the truth

nunusguy
09-30-2007, 07:11 PM
We are 2-2...seriously we are usually 1-3.

At the beginning of the season, who wouldn't haven't been delighted with
a 2-2 September ?
We obviously need some help in the secondary, but the front 7 of the D is looking very promishing.
And we gotta be very happy with Schaub.
If you got a young, talented D and a QB you can rely upon, you're on your way to contending. Now if we can just catch a little good fortune on getting the walking wounded back in playing condition, we got a shot here.

Brando
09-30-2007, 08:17 PM
how did Mario Williams do?

He did pretty good no sacks but had at least a couple of tackles for loss.

Hervoyel
09-30-2007, 08:34 PM
Is it too early for this??

Maybe but what the hell, go for it.

Andre Davis (assuming he is healthy) is a legit WR for this team.

Yes he is and I for one like seeing somebody spreading the ball around to all this WR depth we suddenly find ourselves with.

Schaub had a career high yardage day throwing to Davis and Walters.

I think he would have had a similar day if AJ, Jacoby, and Mathis were all healthy and Green was his RB. I just think that the passing game didn't really "dumb down" because our best guys were out like it would have in years past. It's all good stuff and good signs for the future.

At the end of the game when the defense absolutely needed a stop they made some plays. (yes they were rubbish for 3 3/4 quarters but they stood up at the end)

I don't see this as a positive. They came into this game flat and didn't get a fire lit under them until it was too late. This is going to get us beat almost weekly in this league. They need to come to play 60 minutes of football like they did in weeks 1-3.

Okoye got another sack, pretty good production for a DT, especially a rookie.

Good stuff. Mario needs to find the QB again. I hope he can catch Trent Green next week. If Trent can get away from Mario with that walker he uses to get around then I'm going to have to start worrying again.

Be careful what you ask for. This week we had Atlanta and they were 0-3. Look where that got us. Fortunately for us we didn't add to our injured list this week (much) and we're coming home to play the Dolphins. Also Atlanta has been playing much better than their record would indicate so this wasn't that much of a surprise. It would be hard to find anyone willing to say that about the Dolphins. They truly, deeply suck in a profound way. We'll get back to the winning side of life but 3-2 will always look kind of tainted when we think of how this one got away.

3-2 is not good enough. After week 5 this team should have been sitting at 4-1 and would have been with a better effort today.

Pantherstang84
09-30-2007, 08:51 PM
Maybe but what the hell, go for it.

Yes he is and I for one like seeing somebody spreading the ball around to all this WR depth we suddenly find ourselves with.

I think he would have had a similar day if AJ, Jacoby, and Mathis were all healthy and Green was his RB. I just think that the passing game didn't really "dumb down" because our best guys were out like it would have in years past. It's all good stuff and good signs for the future.

I don't see this as a positive. They came into this game flat and didn't get a fire lit under them until it was too late. This is going to get us beat almost weekly in this league. They need to come to play 60 minutes of football like they did in weeks 1-3.

Good stuff. Mario needs to find the QB again. I hope he can catch Trent Green next week. If Trent can get away from Mario with that walker he uses to get around then I'm going to have to start worrying again.

Be careful what you ask for. This week we had Atlanta and they were 0-3. Look where that got us. Fortunately for us we didn't add to our injured list this week (much) and we're coming home to play the Dolphins. Also Atlanta has been playing much better than their record would indicate so this wasn't that much of a surprise. It would be hard to find anyone willing to say that about the Dolphins. They truly, deeply suck in a profound way. We'll get back to the winning side of life but 3-2 will always look kind of tainted when we think of how this one got away.

3-2 is not good enough. After week 5 this team should have been sitting at 4-1 and would have been with a better effort today.

Well. I couldn't have said it better. Good post.

thegr8fan
09-30-2007, 09:56 PM
Positives of the game?? Well, I was very very angry at the end, due to the loss.

nice to BELIEVE, finally, that you have a chance to win the game, and it isn't over 'till the final whistle blows'. Now, to do that you have to play the right plays, manage the clock correctly, and get a little 'lucky'.

but it sure feels good to be able to get MAD at a game again. Unlike the last couple of years, when we lost and I walked away saying ' well there goes another one', with little or no emotional attachment to it.

Kubiak has some 'evaluating' to do with his clock management. But he will get it done and we DID have a chance to make a comeback WIN on this one.

and all of this with our 'backup' players on Offense. :texflag:

kiwitexansfan
10-01-2007, 06:04 PM
nice to BELIEVE, finally, that you have a chance to win the game, and it isn't over 'till the final whistle blows'. Now, to do that you have to play the right plays, manage the clock correctly, and get a little 'lucky'.

This got me, we were down by 10 in the fourth and new we could win it.

Then I was surprised when things didn't go our way.

It is a great feeling.

Texans_Chick
10-01-2007, 09:18 PM
Dunta Robinson played like his hair was lit on fire. Lots of intensity.

His block of the field goal was amazing, and it is too bad nobody saw it because it was wasted in the grotequery that was the Texans last offensive series.

DeMeco Ryans is so danged solid. A few more pieces and parts around some of the better players and they may have something going. The best defenses in the league have someone they don't have to worry about at MLB.

I think it is nice that fans can be nit picky about the QB play instead of well, the stuff we used to have to talk about.

Ultimately, in a 16 game season with no directional schools, it pays not to get too high or too low about a particular game and move on. That's what they want the players to do, and it isn't bad advice for fans and their brain matter.

the wonger need food
10-01-2007, 09:29 PM
No additional injuries. Matt Schaub got a little better. Amobi continued to impress.

The negatives far outweigh the positives though.