PDA

View Full Version : Why aren't we getting TB @ Carolina today ?

nunusguy
09-30-2007, 11:51 AM
Whether you hated or loved DC when he was here, he was our QB and the face of our NFL franchise for the first 5 years.
Carr is getting his first start with his new team in Carolina today, and its not being shown locally ! Instead my OLine TV guide (and hard-copy guide) shows SF entertaining the Seahawks. That's not bad since we might get a Babin or Joppru sighting, but I'm much more interested in Carr's performance today.
I know it was a late in the week decision to insert Carr as the starter (due to an injury to the reg QB), but maybe Fox will just switch over to the TB-Carolina game, another late start in the NFC ?

Hookem Horns
09-30-2007, 12:53 PM
I think 5 years was enough for Houston having to watch this guy.

stingray
09-30-2007, 02:32 PM
Why do you want to see Carr? This isn't like Montana Going to the Chiefs. Who cares!!! He moved on, we moved on.

RTP2110
09-30-2007, 03:14 PM
Id rather watch Carr than SF/SEA

RTP2110
09-30-2007, 03:33 PM
Well according to NFL.com, Carr played 1 drive then Delhomme came in.

Edit: nevermind, they corrected it.

Vinny
09-30-2007, 03:50 PM
this just sucks figured the carr would do better then this http://www.panthersfanz.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=11891&view=findpost&p=169018

stingray
09-30-2007, 04:05 PM
DId you just see the play Carr just Made. He dove and flipped for the first down. Pretty cool play.

nunusguy
09-30-2007, 04:06 PM
Why do you want to see Carr? This isn't like Montana Going to the Chiefs. Who cares!!! He moved on, we moved on.

Even though the love or hatred for Carr still exists for many, sentimentally speaking I'm basically indifferent about whether he succeeds or fails with his new team. And I'm very happy with Schaub, an obvious upgrade over DC IMO.
But I won't deny I'm curious to see what Carr looks like with another team, in a new system. Actually very curious.

stingray
09-30-2007, 04:07 PM
Even though the love or hatred for Carr still exists for many, sentimentally speaking I'm basically indifferent about whether he succeeds or fails with his new team. And I'm very happy with Schaub, as obvious upgrade over DC IMO.
But I won't deny I'm curious to see what Carr looks like with another team, in a new system. Actually very curious.

I was just messing with you man. I agree. I'm kind of wondering what he'll look like. Any way, did you just see the play that Carr dove for the the first Down?

kastofsna
09-30-2007, 04:07 PM
You guys are missing a barnburner, Carr has 9 yards on 11 attempts passing.

drewmar74
09-30-2007, 04:12 PM
You guys are missing a barnburner, Carr has 9 yards on 11 attempts passing.

Beat me to it. The play by play looks eerily similar.

1-10-CAR 22 (11:37) 8-D.Carr pass incomplete deep right to 89-S.Smith.
2-10-CAR 22 (11:30) 8-D.Carr pass incomplete short right to 89-S.Smith (31-P.Buchanon).
3-10-CAR 22 (11:26) 8-D.Carr scrambles left tackle to CAR 37 for 15 yards (23-J.Phillips).
1-10-CAR 37 (10:40) 26-D.Foster up the middle to CAR 39 for 2 yards (95-C.Hovan).
2-8-CAR 39 (10:04) 8-D.Carr pass short middle to 89-S.Smith to CAR 43 for 4 yards (55-D.Brooks).
3-4-CAR 43 (9:27) 8-D.Carr pass incomplete deep right to 18-D.Carter.

FWIW, he did trade the white gloves for some black ones. Guess the Minnie Mouse comment got him.

2BCF
09-30-2007, 04:28 PM
For your comic relief:

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter?season=2007&week=REG4&game_id=29250

Vinny
09-30-2007, 04:34 PM
You guys are missing a barnburner, Carr has 9 yards on 11 attempts passing.a hell of an offense with Carr. 15 passing attempts and 26 yards at the half. Get r done!

D. Carr 6/15 26

TexSon
09-30-2007, 04:39 PM
I'm watching the game on Sunday Ticket... it's pretty funny. The announcers are all like "why won't they attack the middle of the field, that is how you beat this type of defense" while Carr throws a 3 yard sideline pass for an incompletion.

kastofsna
09-30-2007, 04:52 PM
shouldn't you accidently get 100 yards passing with Steve Smith on your team?

HoustonFrog
09-30-2007, 05:03 PM
Steve Smith has 5 yards. Dave is killing my fantasy team...:gun:

Vinny
09-30-2007, 05:05 PM
Steve Smith has 5 yards. Dave is killing my fantasy team...:gun:Dave always killed AJ's fantasy worth too...hell, many fans here were dogging AJ because they were making excuses for Carr. Good riddance.

2BCF
09-30-2007, 05:11 PM
From a poster at carolinahuddle.com:

http://i109.photobucket.com/albums/n43/rajayc/Carr-MJ-1.jpg

Maddict5
09-30-2007, 05:21 PM
DId you just see the play Carr just Made. He dove and flipped for the first down. Pretty cool play.

im watchin it.. carr is really terrible but that was one heck of a play- its the first ever DC play that made me say 'OMFG' as it was happening

tulexan
09-30-2007, 05:27 PM
From a poster at carolinahuddle.com:

http://i109.photobucket.com/albums/n43/rajayc/Carr-MJ-1.jpg

the look on the coach's face is priceless

TexSon
09-30-2007, 05:29 PM
Bwahah, typical Carr. Sack and then an interception inside his own 20.

tulexan
09-30-2007, 05:32 PM
I want to hear Terry Bradshaw say that Carr is good after this game.

Malloy
09-30-2007, 05:34 PM
I think 5 years was enough for Houston having to watch this guy.

I'm getting the game here in Denmark, and wow...Carr looks horrible, like 2002-2006-texan horrible :)

Where is Hulk75 when you need him?

Vinny
09-30-2007, 05:35 PM
I'm getting the game here in Denmark, and wow...Carr looks horrible, like 2002-2006-texan horrible :)

Where is Hulk75 when you need him?Bashing the Panther fans for not being "real fans" I'm sure.

Malloy
09-30-2007, 05:39 PM
Bashing the Panther fans for not being "real fans" I'm sure.

Carr gets no love, so sad :)

TexSon
09-30-2007, 05:40 PM
Steve Smith is about to punch Carr... on 4th and 2 he throws it about 40 yards down field with no receiver within TWENTY yards. Hilarious.

Marcus
09-30-2007, 05:42 PM
Bashing the Panther fans for not being "real fans" I'm sure.

Hell, I keep looking for Ibar Harry to get on there and say that coaches are not properly game planning to maximize David's talents.

Errant Hothy
09-30-2007, 05:47 PM
http://www.carolinahuddle.com/forum/showthread.php?t=60760

I think we wouldn't be having this problem if the WR's do WHAT THEY'RE PAID TO DO!! Carr needed help today and didn't get it plain and simple.

hehe!

More fun reading.
http://www.carolinahuddle.com/forum/showthread.php?t=60708&page=48

Yes I'm making myself feel better by basking in Carolina's misery...got a problem with that?

Hookem Horns
09-30-2007, 05:48 PM
Carr is getting pummeled. 2 sacks in a row. Wow, the Panthers have the worst line in the NFL. Poor Carr, he goes from the worst line in the Texans to the new worst line in the Panthers. What bum luck.

Tulip
09-30-2007, 05:50 PM
No way - the excuse machine is still alive and well on the Carolina boards? I'm going to have to check this out.

I guess I shouldn't be surprised - every minor celebrity has a die-hard fanbase.

Brando
09-30-2007, 05:51 PM
I don't feel so bad about our loss today after watching Carr today. I'm glad he is not here no more. Terrible game for Carr. He just got sacked back to back.

7 for 20 something 1 INT at one point his longest completion was 7 yards. Still might be.

2BCF
09-30-2007, 05:54 PM
I hope some of our Texans are watching this in ATL, or on the plane.
They need a good laugh too.

Porky
I've been keeping up with it on NFL game center. Dang, I wish they had that game on in Houston today. I really need a good laugh after that Texans game.

It's hilarious watching the Panthers fans implode.

As of the last time I checked, Carr was 11 for 31 for a whopping 86 yds, an INT, and 4 sacks with about 5 min left. Freakin hilarious

Nice link to the gameday thread on Carolina Huddle. If you enjoy a good laugh, I highly recommend it --

http://www.carolinahuddle.com/forum/showthread.php?t=60708

Vinny
No way - the excuse machine is still alive and well on the Carolina boards? I'm going to have to check this out.

I guess I shouldn't be surprised - every minor celebrity has a die-hard fanbase.Carr continues to gets sacked?!?!?!? Jake had been sacked 3 times in 3 games.

http://www.carolinahuddle.com/forum/showthread.php?t=60708&page=49#post1153642

Tulip
09-30-2007, 05:55 PM
How much they are paying Carr?

lol

They shouldn't worry - the Panthers will never pay Carr close to the $35 million the Texans paid him.

Vinny
09-30-2007, 05:57 PM
Carr is painful to watch. Stop taking those baby steps in the pocket. I don't know if this is psychological damage from Houston or if he's always been this humongous coward and he just played behind a great line in college... but whatever it is, this is some ugly quarterbacking. these are getting funny. http://www.carolinahuddle.com/forum/showthread.php?t=60708&page=51#post1153718

Tulip
09-30-2007, 05:58 PM
Vinny - I was just about to post that very quote about Jake's 1 sack per game!

Hey - at least they're catching on more quickly than Texans fans did.

Hookem Horns
09-30-2007, 05:58 PM
I have the Sunday Ticket and admit that I am watching it. It the same as when you drive past a carr accident. You just have to look. He is looking as bad or worse than his stats are showing (for example, he just had a ball batted way up in the air and Steve Smith luckily grabbed it before it was intercepted. That will go down as a completion..lol).

Vinny
09-30-2007, 06:00 PM
I have the Sunday Ticket and admit that I am watching it. It the same as when you drive past a carr accident. You just have to look. He is looking as bad or worse than his stats are showing (for example, he just had a ball batted way up in the air and Steve Smith luckily grabbed it before it was intercepted. That will go down as a completion..lol).

He's maneuvering the Panthers for his one obligatory garbage time TD....rumbling stumbling and bumbling down field once the game is over.

2BCF
09-30-2007, 06:00 PM
This is where Carr turns it on...during garbage time.

nunusguy
09-30-2007, 06:01 PM
Carr is getting pummeled. 2 sacks in a row. Wow, the Panthers have the worst line in the NFL. Poor Carr, he goes from the worst line in the Texans to the new worst line in the Panthers. What bum luck.
And it's interesting to note how with Carr's absense here in Houston, the Texans Oline seems to be improving in the sack department.
And I dunno exactly why, but it's really looking like those sacks sorta follow DC, wherever he goes ?

tulexan
09-30-2007, 06:03 PM
Carr is getting his typical garbage time stats

Tulip
09-30-2007, 06:04 PM
This is where Carr turns it on...during garbage time.

Nothing like a soft prevent defense to function as a stat-padder.

Porky
09-30-2007, 06:05 PM
This is so funny. I'm ROFLMAO. :whip:

Tulip
09-30-2007, 06:05 PM
I have to admit - my favorite comments are the "why aren't they throwing down the middle of the field" ones. As if that's the coach's fault. Ha!

TexSon
09-30-2007, 06:06 PM
Carr gettin' himself some garbage time stats in the last two minutes.

Porky
09-30-2007, 06:07 PM
Touchdown. Tampa, you soft prevent defense idiots! And I was having a ball too. Oh well, now hulk75 can come out of the closet again and tell everyone what a great QB Carr would be if they just gave him another chance. :devilpig:

kastofsna
09-30-2007, 06:08 PM
boy, there's a lot of reason to be happy if you're a Tampa-area football fan...

HoustonFrog
09-30-2007, 06:14 PM
19 of 41 for 155...1 trash TD and 1 int with usual sacks.....great game:cool:

Tulip
09-30-2007, 06:21 PM
So weird that David averaged 2.5 sacks per game last year to Matt's 1.5 this year. How odd.

Brando
09-30-2007, 06:26 PM
http://www.carolinahuddle.com/forum/showthread.php?t=60760

hehe!

More fun reading.

Yes I'm making myself feel better by basking in Carolina's misery...got a problem with that?

Ha! It's making me feel better.

Hookem Horns
09-30-2007, 06:30 PM
LOL, another quote from the Panthers board

If he had some pass protection, you all may lighten up on him a bit. He has held onto the ball a bit long, but he is mostly running out of the pocket after he drops back. Not all the blame lies on Carr.

bigfan77801
09-30-2007, 06:33 PM
I think we prety much have the answer to the line or Qb question.

drewmar74
09-30-2007, 06:38 PM
"GEE, LOOK WHAT HAPPENED when Carr threw the ball PAST THE FIRST DOWN MARKER to Steve Smith.

Who would have ever thought you would get a first down if you threw it past the first down marker. Who? Who would have thought it?"

Didn't take them long to get disenchanted...

ATX
09-30-2007, 07:44 PM
19 of 41 for 155...1 trash TD and 1 int with usual sacks.....great game:cool:

Don't forget his amazing 3.7 yards per attempt stat. Looks like his longest pass was a screen pass as well.

Hervoyel
09-30-2007, 07:53 PM
Don't get me wrong, I'm "enjoying" the confirmation that our collective theory was right. At the same time this would go down so much better if the Texans were 3-1 right now instead of 2-2.

4Texans
09-30-2007, 09:10 PM
I think the panther fans saw today that Carr is not going to help them out much at all. He just doesn't have it in him to lead a team, and still needs a lot of work. And that coaching staff isn't the one that is going to work with him. They better hope Jake :heart: gets well soon.

tulexan
09-30-2007, 09:54 PM
Some of my favorites

This is borderline being Sadistic to myself by watching the last few minutes of the game. I need a "safe word" that my fiancee can say to me when I'm watching this ****, and cut the TV off.

Let's cut Carr some slack guys, he hasn't started a game in about 10 mos. You didn't expect him to be rusty? I did. And the personal insults are oh so cool...

See how Carr ran right to the rush. If he'd have run left he would have avoided it.

He got sacked because he has terrible instincts (pocket presence).

Malloy
10-01-2007, 03:50 AM
I openly admit that I watched the entire Carolina game, and at some point my gf told me to shut it because I was laughing hard and telling her how little has changed with Carr. I also got the chance to see the Houston game is the best perspective possible, by comparing it to Carolinas game. Panthers have a real nice team, and some real playmakers and YET Carr only coughed out a garbage-TD, we have pretty much all of our playmakers on the bench, and we were still yard away from making the game REAL interesting.

In this light I realize how far we as a team has come, and knowing the injuries and seeing the fight in our guys, I feel less bad about our loss today. It's pretty simple, everyone loses sometimes, get used to it. Cherish wins, learn from mistakes, and never whine about loses, it gives me a headache :)

Kaiser Toro
10-01-2007, 04:10 AM
I openly admit that I watched the entire Carolina game, and at some point my gf told me to shut it because I was laughing hard and telling her how little has changed with Carr. I also got the chance to see the Houston game is the best perspective possible, by comparing it to Carolinas game. Panthers have a real nice team, and some real playmakers and YET Carr only coughed out a garbage-TD, we have pretty much all of our playmakers on the bench, and we were still yard away from making the game REAL interesting.

In this light I realize how far we as a team has come, and knowing the injuries and seeing the fight in our guys, I feel less bad about our loss today. It's pretty simple, everyone loses sometimes, get used to it. Cherish wins, learn from mistakes, and never whine about loses, it gives me a headache :)

I just watched both edited versions of those games as well. Talk about a pick me up after watching the Texans lose. Carolina is in for some dark days.

Porky
10-01-2007, 09:08 AM
Anyone know how long Delhomme is going to be out? The only thing that cheered me up yesterday was seeing Carr bomb like usual. I would like to see Carr again next week. I need another pick me up! :splits:

texasguy346
10-01-2007, 09:10 AM
Anyone know how long Delhomme is going to be out? The only thing that cheered me up yesterday was seeing Carr bomb like usual. I would like to see Carr again next week. I need another pick me up! :splits:

I don't know how long he's out, but I believe the NFL network said that Delhomme was the third on the depth chart for the Tampa Bay game so I'd imagine that he's not going to miss much time & might be back as soon as next week.

Vinny
10-01-2007, 09:21 AM
I'm with Porky....I saw how the Panther fans all called our fans who warned them idiots all off season....I'm getting a kick out of their first reaction to the awesomeness of the magical gloved one. well i stand corrected... if anyone thinks david carr was terrible at
houston because of his off.line whatcha think now.... do the gloves make you throw errant passes 15- 20 feet above someones head..... when he came to the panthers i too said well thier oline sucked, no coaching , no intensity or will to win in houston..... i stand corrected DAVID CARR is aweful ----- IF WE HAVE TO DEPEND ON HIM THE ONLY THING GOOD COMEING OUT OF THIS SEASON WILL BE OUR DRAFT POSITION........ SORRY FOR THE RANT BUT WHEN I SEE WHAT THE PANTHERS HAVE DONE WITH THE TALANT THEY GOT I WANT TO PUNCH A HOLE IN MY WALL.......
http://www.carolinahuddle.com/forum/carolina-panthers/60853-wasnt-his-off-line.html

Second Honeymoon
10-01-2007, 09:27 AM
I'm watching the game on Sunday Ticket... it's pretty funny. The announcers are all like "why won't they attack the middle of the field, that is how you beat this type of defense" while Carr throws a 3 yard sideline pass for an incompletion.

carr can't throw over the middle of ANY field. he just sucks and his mechanics limit an OC's planning.....sux to be u Carolina

Second Honeymoon
10-01-2007, 09:34 AM
oh yesterday's game was the coup de grace for any realistic Texans fan the past 5 years. carr was an abomination for 59 minutes. he got the garbage touchdown at the end and an extra 100 yards to pad his 'great' stats.

fwiw - with 5 minutes left in the game and his team down by 20, Carr was 7 for 22 for 40 yards with an interception. He tried to outdo his Oakland performance but Fox made Carr keep passing unlike Kubiak telling Carr to shut it down and hand the ball off.

Carr is an embarassment to anyone who supported him or believed in him. The gloves are just cosmetic and an easy punch line but this has nothing to do with gloves. The guy is just a bad QB and that is all he will ever be.

I will give him credit for a Play of the Day candidate in him vaulting over the linebacker and safety for Carolina's 3rd 1st down.....problem is that it was in the 3rd quarter.

where is caddy and the other losers (hulk 75, etc.) at when you need them?

Porky
10-01-2007, 10:22 AM
oh yesterday's game was the coup de grace for any realistic Texans fan the past 5 years. carr was an abomination for 59 minutes. he got the garbage touchdown at the end and an extra 100 yards to pad his 'great' stats.

fwiw - with 5 minutes left in the game and his team down by 20, Carr was 7 for 22 for 40 yards with an interception. He tried to outdo his Oakland performance but Fox made Carr keep passing unlike Kubiak telling Carr to shut it down and hand the ball off.

Carr is an embarassment to anyone who supported him or believed in him. The gloves are just cosmetic and an easy punch line but this has nothing to do with gloves. The guy is just a bad QB and that is all he will ever be.

I will give him credit for a Play of the Day candidate in him vaulting over the linebacker and safety for Carolina's 3rd 1st down.....problem is that it was in the 3rd quarter.

where is caddy and the other losers (hulk 75, etc.) at when you need them?

Paging Caddy to the Carr thread. Take it like a man. :whip:

HOU-TEX
10-01-2007, 10:35 AM
Paging Caddy to the Carr thread. Take it like a man. :whip:

I think he takes it from Carr like a man daily.:heart:

Porky
10-01-2007, 10:36 AM
I think he takes it from Carr like a man daily.:heart:

Why do you think Carr switched from white gloves to black? :devilpig:

Texan_Bill
10-01-2007, 11:04 AM
Why do you think Carr switched from white gloves to black? :devilpig:

Oh... Okay, that's why. See, I thought he was just trying to accessorize and black worked better.

Brando
10-01-2007, 12:00 PM
I heard this on the radio today.....

The Panthers took the Carr out of the garage but the offense stalled.

Double Barrel
10-01-2007, 05:50 PM
"Where's the genius that said Carr was better than Delhomme? Man that guy is brilliant." (http://www.panthersfanz.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=11903)

Not much to see here folks...move along... :whistle:

Brando
10-01-2007, 05:55 PM
"Where's the genius that said Carr was better than Delhomme? Man that guy is brilliant." (http://www.panthersfanz.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=11903)

Not much to see here folks...move along... :whistle:

Man that looks like our board a couple of years ago. Good Riddance.

Look at Houston, terrible with Carr, good without. Coincidence? After today, I think not. There were lots of things wrong today in every aspect of the game, but when your team can't cross the 50 nearly all day, the leader of the offense has to be at fault. When you can't complete any freaking passes, he has to be at fault

Texan_Bill
10-01-2007, 05:57 PM
From some Texan fan:
Just stopped by since I had an opportunity to watch the Panter's game yesterday...

Yes.. David Carr is who we thought he was. He looked like the same 'ol Carr that we saw 75 times in 5 years.

Yes.. There were some dropped balls, but a lot of that is the receivers not having confidence in Carr. Carr has absolutely no leadership skills and therefore people in the huddle don't have that confidence in him the way they might Jake.

Although we lost to Atlanta yesterday, Schaub was only sacked once. He's been sacked only 6 times in 4 games with that same 'horrible O-line' (less our starting center) that Carr had. Thats an average of 1.5 sacks per game. Carr was sacked 249 times in 75 games for an average of 3.3 sacks per game. Again, its the same O-line.

I hope y'all get Jake back soon, and can turn things around. I would much rather see y'all win the NFC South over Tampa, Atlanta and especially NO..

Panther fans response:
Oh Man!! That sounds exactly like Chris Weinke. Here we go again.

Brando
10-01-2007, 06:03 PM
From some Texan fan:

Panther fans response:

I wonder who that Texan fan was?http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/images/smilies/whistle.gif

Tulip
10-01-2007, 08:41 PM
Wait until they find out that the reason David looked so terrible yesterday wasn't because of "rust" but because he can't play against the cover 2. More revelations coming soon.....

JDizzle
10-01-2007, 08:54 PM
I think it was during the game against the Panthers, one of the commentators said that Kubiak gave Carr a handful of teams that were interested in trading for him , but if he didn't want to play for that team then Kubiak wouldn't pull the trigger. Kind of hard to believe that none of those teams wanted Carr to at least compete for a starting job, or that no other team was willing to sign him as a FA and have him compete for a starting job, and yet he chooses to sign with Carolina knowing that he'd be Delhomme's backup. Pathetic if you ask me. Good riddance.

Hookem Horns
10-01-2007, 09:33 PM
Another Panther fan quote

Carr is not good.
He had a bunch of sacks in Houston b/c he holds on to the ball way too long. It wasn't all his O line

Wow, this guy sounds like a UT homer/VY jock sniffer. Oh wait, this is October 2007 not March 2006, my bad. ;)

4Texans
10-02-2007, 07:01 AM
I think it was during the game against the Panthers, one of the commentators said that Kubiak gave Carr a handful of teams that were interested in trading for him , but if he didn't want to play for that team then Kubiak wouldn't pull the trigger. Kind of hard to believe that none of those teams wanted Carr to at least compete for a starting job, or that no other team was willing to sign him as a FA and have him compete for a starting job, and yet he chooses to sign with Carolina knowing that he'd be Delhomme's backup. Pathetic if you ask me. Good riddance.

I heard that during the Panthers game also. I don't doubt that is what the Texans told him, but I bet if they could have gotten a 4th Rd pick or higher, they would have told him to start packing you're going to ???????????.

Texan_Bill
10-02-2007, 08:06 AM
I wonder who that Texan fan was

:whistle: . :shades:

real
10-02-2007, 09:49 AM
I heard that during the Panthers game also. I don't doubt that is what the Texans told him, but I bet if they could have gotten a 4th Rd pick or higher, they would have told him to start packing you're going to ???????????.

That is indeed what the Texans told him.

HOU-TEX
10-02-2007, 10:10 AM
Do y'all think Carolina will give him a 8 million dollar signing bonus after this year?:backsout:

Sorry, I love the heck out of Bob McNair, but that one still baffles me. I'm just glad it's over.:whew

StarStruck
10-02-2007, 10:15 AM
Do y'all think Carolina will give him a 8 million dollar signing bonus after this year?:backsout:

Sorry, I love the heck out of Bob McNair, but that one still baffles me. I'm just glad it's over.:whew

Check with Hulk. If I recall correctly, he said that if Miami wanted him, that they would have to shell out a lot of money.

HOU-TEX
10-02-2007, 10:21 AM
Check with Hulk. If I recall correctly, he said that if Miami wanted him, that they would have to shell out a lot of money.

LOL! Hulk also said there was at least 20 teams that wanted him too. That guy was a piece of work!

Add Hulk to the long list of reasons why I'm glad he's gone.:gun:

TexansSeminole
10-02-2007, 01:32 PM
My favorite line from the "Why the Carr bashing" thread (http://www.carolinahuddle.com/forum/carolina-panthers/60782-why-carr-bashing.html) was "He needs psychological assistance".

HoustonFrog
10-02-2007, 02:47 PM
My favorite line from the "Why the Carr bashing" thread (http://www.carolinahuddle.com/forum/carolina-panthers/60782-why-carr-bashing.html) was "He needs psychological assistance".

I had to help them with their problems and couldn't resist writing over there.

Double Barrel
10-02-2007, 02:51 PM

I hate to say it, but I think it's pathetic of our FO, as well. We paid the guy big jack, he failed, and we should have used our right to move him wherever we could to give the HOUSTON TEXANS the best opportunity to get something of value.

I have to question the owner's desire to win at all costs when we leave value on the table in order to cater to personal relationships. I have no doubt he wants to win, but you cannot be chum in a tank full of sharks. To win with the sharks, you must be the shark.

Specnatz
10-02-2007, 03:05 PM
I hate to say it, but I think it's pathetic of our FO, as well. We paid the guy big jack, he failed, and we should have used our right to move him wherever we could to give the HOUSTON TEXANS the best opportunity to get something of value.

I have to question the owner's desire to win at all costs when we leave value on the table in order to cater to personal relationships. I have no doubt he wants to win, but you cannot be chum in a tank full of sharks. To win with the sharks, you must be the shark.

I think the owner will see that sooner now rather than later. Rick Smith seems to know what he is doing. It took the Patriots a while to learn those lessons after Kraft purchased the team. McNair is not a dumb guy and he will soon realize you can not run an NFL like you can normal businesses.

drewmar74
10-02-2007, 03:49 PM
I had to help them with their problems and couldn't resist writing over there.

I went and started to read the thread, threw up in my mouth a little bit, then closed the window.

It was like going back in a freakin' time machine. You've the full gamut over there - everything from homers and apologists to those who have seen the light.

Just like the old board only in electric blue and silver.....

HoustonFrog
10-02-2007, 04:08 PM
I went and started to read the thread, threw up in my mouth a little bit, then closed the window.

It was like going back in a freakin' time machine. You've the full gamut over there - everything from homers and apologists to those who have seen the light.

Just like the old board only in electric blue and silver.....

Yeah and add to the fact that they are an angry little bunch. It really is like going back in time. What until he has one good game followed by another bad one. They will really be in the vortex that is Carr. It is like the ring in Lord of the Rings....devisive.

texasguy346
10-02-2007, 04:30 PM
I feel for the Panther fans, but at least we can say that we gave them fair warning about Carr & what to expect. If only we had gotten a little warning from Fresno fans other than Ibar Harry who thought the Texans would be in the SB in 2002 with Carr at the helm. BTW I wonder if he's made his way over to the Carolina board yet to join the ranks with the Hulkster.

Double Barrel
10-02-2007, 04:34 PM
Steve Smith is one angry receiver. And it could get a lot worse...

Panthers QB Delhomme hopes to avoid season-ending elbow surgery (http://canadianpress.google.com/article/ALeqM5grV8EgWwcH28ygKy_lgmgWUJB4CQ)

I feel for those folks. But having been there, done that, I can only say that I'm glad it's them and not us!

Tulip
10-02-2007, 05:34 PM

Honestly, I think that was a sweet little PR story, but the truth is that it would have been impossible for them to get value for Carr with Carr's contract. That was the rub - that was the power that Carr really had to choose his team. His contract had to be restructured, and he basically refused to restructure his contract.

Double Barrel
10-02-2007, 06:10 PM
Honestly, I think that was a sweet little PR story, but the truth is that it would have been impossible for them to get value for Carr with Carr's contract. That was the rub - that was the power that Carr really had to choose his team. His contract had to be restructured, and he basically refused to restructure his contract.

You are probably closer to the truth of the matter than any story that I've read so far. It has never made any sense that they would give up on value that benefits football operations because of a personal friendship an owner has with a player. There is a gap in the logic, and I've had a hard time believing that our owner is that much of a naive noob. He didn't become a billionaire because he's stupid, IMO.

2BCF
10-03-2007, 10:54 AM
Confused indeed.

Carr failed to jump-start an offense that had been running quite smoothly under Delhomme's care over the first three games. The former No. 1 overall draft pick was constantly off the mark and appeared tentative and confused all afternoon long. He produced a paltry 26 passing yards during the first half, and completed just 19-of-41 throws for 155 yards and an interception for the game.

"That was one of the worst games I have played in a while," said Carr. "It didn't feel like I was comfortable back there. I never really got in sync. I blame myself."

http://www.sportsnetwork.com/default.asp?c=sportsnetwork&page=nfl/news/abn4105620.htm

Second Honeymoon
10-03-2007, 12:18 PM
ahhhhhh, so now that the little girl is with a 'real team' its now his fault...what a piece of crap he is
its been his fault all along. more concerned about getting his nails done and being Ward Cleaver holy roller loser NFL quarterback.

sucks to be Steve Smith right about now...so long Pro Bowl. You now have a pile of crap throwing you the football...you lose

at least the pansy doesnt curse, much less drink evil beer. what a tool.

Maddict5
10-04-2007, 10:08 AM
"That was one of the worst games I have played in a while," said Carr.

yeah its been what, 4 games since the patriots incident, 6? since the oakland fiasco and 8 since the titan calamity

HoustonFrog
10-05-2007, 11:37 AM
Dear Lord, this is the stuff that makes me cringe

http://www.carolinahuddle.com/forum/60782-why-carr-bashing-12.html

"Not only did Carr come in the Falcons game with the Panthers down and walk off the field with a win, he beat the Colts in the second-to-last game he played in Houston; something their new QB failed to do.

Anyway, Carr ran into the Bucs' buzzsaw in his first start and we lost. Things will improve. And the Texans will run into Tampa Bay (and probably lose) in a few weeks too."\

Oh, and they have disabled me over there. I guess my "truths" caused too many problems and they were mad that I got on one of their posters who told us we were obsessed.

Second Honeymoon
10-05-2007, 12:41 PM
frog,
was that Hulk over there saying that garbage. the more and more I talk about Carr and his armada of clowns, the more I want to turn into 'Likes To Fight Guy'. It sounds like things are going just peachy over there at Panther land. They are recycling the old Carr excuses like its Day One of his career.

well Tommy Lee errrr David Carr better brush up on his diaper changing because his NFL career is about to come to an abrupt and hilarious end.

what a pile of crap he is...and no, he isn't classy. he doesnt accept responsibility and he just spouts out vanilla excuses and newspeak.

he talks a lot but he says nothing. he also comes off as a complete tool in his interviews....like a little 17 year old.

Brando
10-05-2007, 12:51 PM
Mr. Fetal Positon Sack Maker

Bud Light Presents: Real Men of Genius
(real men of genius)
Today we salute you, Mr. Fetal Positon Sack Maker
(Mr. Fetal Positon Sack Maker)
Without your undying commitment, we might find ourselves trapped in the pocket going into a fetal position.
(Oh, I need you now!)
Like a brave soldier, you storm hostile territory delivering much needed dump down passes to your men.
(Uugh!)
Should you pass for 1 yard? Or two? Or perhaps that giant 10 yard super pass.
(Keep dumpin'!)
While others rest, you can't… because somewhere there's a DE doing the stunt in search of you David.
(Stunt! Stunt! Stunt!)
So crack open an ice-cold Bud Light, master of leaving the practice field early and be with your family.
(Is there anybody out there?)

HoustonFrog
10-05-2007, 01:24 PM
frog,
was that Hulk over there saying that garbage. the more and more I talk about Carr and his armada of clowns, the more I want to turn into 'Likes To Fight Guy'. It sounds like things are going just peachy over there at Panther land. They are recycling the old Carr excuses like its Day One of his career.

well Tommy Lee errrr David Carr better brush up on his diaper changing because his NFL career is about to come to an abrupt and hilarious end.

what a pile of crap he is...and no, he isn't classy. he doesnt accept responsibility and he just spouts out vanilla excuses and newspeak.

he talks a lot but he says nothing. he also comes off as a complete tool in his interviews....like a little 17 year old.

I actually wanted to intelligently reply to the above post but found out I was labeled a Troll and given no posting privileges. Oh well. I wrote 6 posts on QB'in and told one guy to back off and had to go. Fun while it lasted:user:

Vinny
10-05-2007, 01:57 PM
I actually wanted to intelligently reply to the above post but found out I was labeled a Troll and given no posting privileges. Oh well. I wrote 6 posts on QB'in and told one guy to back off and had to go. Fun while it lasted:user:That zod guy is the admin....he's an incredible dumbass. He was calling Carr's game pretty good last week and is not tolerant of others opinions (the reason he disabled your account)....he was calling people jock sniffers...thats one of my pet peeves in football forums (I really don't care when people call each other jock sniffers....totally turns me off). Dude is obviously clueless....one reason homers don't make good football mb admins.

Texan_Bill
10-05-2007, 02:04 PM
I actually wanted to intelligently reply to the above post but found out I was labeled a Troll and given no posting privileges. Oh well. I wrote 6 posts on QB'in and told one guy to back off and had to go. Fun while it lasted:user:

They haven't pulled the plug on me yet... Maybe I will go out in a hail of glory...

Specnatz
10-05-2007, 02:08 PM
They haven't pulled the plug on me yet... Maybe I will go out in a hail of glory...

I am sure you know how to do that.

Mr. White
10-05-2007, 02:27 PM
I went in and "trolled" that board in June when they were all excited about picking up Carr for nothing.

I just really told them what they could expect from the guy. It turned into a flame war. Pretty high percentage of morons over there. I haven't posted since.

Mr. White
10-05-2007, 02:37 PM
Carolina Huddle is pretty funny. Just like it used to be around here.

They have "Jake-Sniffers" and "Jake Haters" over there just like we had "Carr homers" and "Carr bashers" over here.

I'm glad that I haven't seen a "Start Sage" thread yet this year.

HoustonFrog
10-05-2007, 02:38 PM
That zod guy is the admin....he's an incredible dumbass. He was calling Carr's game pretty good last week and is not tolerant of others opinions (the reason he disabled your account)....he was calling people jock sniffers...thats one of my pet peeves in football forums (I really don't care when people call each other jock sniffers....totally turns me off). Dude is obviously clueless....one reason homers don't make good football mb admins.

Yeah I saw him and he pretty much was blindly supporting Carr. The funny part is, as you guys looking at the threads can see, is that most of the Texan fans wrote pretty intelligent stuff. The problem was a couple of them said they were tired of us, etc, etc. Finally one told me that if I wanted to obssess and waste my time then go for it and that all my posts said the same thing. I finally had to tell the guy to get over it and that they obviously weren't interested in talking football since 2 of my posts were football and the others were having to explain myself. No skin off my back. They weren't the smartest football fans.

Texan_Bill
10-05-2007, 02:47 PM
Yeah I saw him and he pretty much was blindly supporting Carr. The funny part is, as you guys looking at the threads can see, is that most of the Texan fans wrote pretty intelligent stuff. The problem was a couple of them said they were tired of us, etc, etc. Finally one told me that if I wanted to obssess and waste my time then go for it and that all my posts said the same thing. I finally had to tell the guy to get over it and that they obviously weren't interested in talking football since 2 of my posts were football and the others were having to explain myself. No skin off my back. They weren't the smartest football fans.

Zod is completely irrational when it comes to Carr along with many of them over there...

I must admit however, there have been a few folks who were genuinely interested in some of the honest critiques of Carr. Some have gone as far as to admit they saw last week some of things that were pointed out prior to the game.

Mr. White
10-05-2007, 03:07 PM
I just read the whole thread. I think my IQ just dropped about a few points.