PDA

View Full Version : Texans @ Falcons GameDay Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 [4]

Thorn
09-30-2007, 02:56 PM
aw for Christ's sakes, that really sucks.

Without a miracle, this one is over.

False Start
Well , it looks like I'm gonna make like an Italian and "Get the Fluck outta here" . It was fun folks , too bad we couldn't have gotten the W . Be safe and take care folks . Till next week . I'm out .

TexansFight
Playcalling on 3rd down and 1 was a joke. Horrible clock managment. I am so depressed by these turn of events.

jerek
Unbelievable. Are we an NFL team?

drewmar74
Brown is clutch! Money BABEEEEEEEEE!

kiwitexansfan
09-30-2007, 02:57 PM
On the bright side, we have a legit WR in Andre Davis....

Andre & Andre.

TexanExile
09-30-2007, 02:57 PM
Well Vinny, I believe you have to cue the "Benny Hill" music for us once again...what a humiliating drive.

The Dream
09-30-2007, 02:58 PM
aw for Christ's sakes, that really sucks.

Without a miracle, this one is over.

with a miracle this one is over

Playcalling on 3rd down and 1 was a joke. Horrible clock managment. I am so depressed by these turn of events

was actually a good call, but Ronny boy screwed it up.

gjmac2
This one is on the coaches.

Horrible, horrible play calling.

Waited to long to start pressuring Harrington, and the run game still looks horrible.

PapaL
fixed.

But he had a good game for us last year. Maybe it was two good games.

:sarcasm:

TexansFight
All of my enthusiasm and good feelings have been zapped by our joke of a performance this week. Coaches get an F as well as the players.

TK_Gamer
09-30-2007, 02:59 PM
I'm sorry, but this is the worst playcalling all year. Kubiak basicly blew the whole game on several occasions.

kiwitexansfan
Okay. Cut Dayne. Bring up Walker. Call in Corey Dillon. Just stop trotting that trash out there.

Agreed on Walker and Dayne... not on Dillon though.

Andrew6
Ok, I DVRed this game. Is this this worth watching when I get home or will I just cry?

The Pencil Neck
09-30-2007, 03:00 PM
Ok, I DVRed this game. Is this this worth watching when I get home or will I just cry?

Well, personally, I watch every game at least twice. Win or lose.

The Dream
09-30-2007, 03:00 PM

Stay FAR FAR away from this game if you still want to feel positive about this team...injuries or not we had plenty of opportunities to win today.

Hardcore Texan
09-30-2007, 03:01 PM
What a piss poor performance. Coaching, defense, ball protection......it all sucks.

kiwitexansfan
you know its been a terrible game defensively when the announcers utter the words "great game by Joey Harrington"

Joey Harrington.

WORST SECONDARY EVER.

Andrew6
Stay FAR FAR away from this game if you still want to feel positive about this team...injuries or not we had plenty of opportunities to win today.

looks like Matt Schaub had a hell of a game today.

Dread-Head
I'm sorry. You're down by 10. You're on the OTHER guy's half yard mark and if you blow it they get it back with miserable field position? **** it! Go for it!
Someone needs to tell Dayne to take up juggling in his own time and NOT when he's working.

gjmac2

You will see a frustrating performance by the Texans. Probably should have expected this after the emotional game last week.

J-Russ
09-30-2007, 03:02 PM
I wanted all week for this, thanks Texans team you let me down again and again. Kris Brown is terribly, no ****ing heart. we play like crap the whole game, but still could've tied it if he made that damn FG. He still haven't change since the dismal 2-14 season.

Hardcore Texan
To clarify, the defense and offense played well in the last quarter, too bad we were flat the first 3.

The Dream
What a piss poor performance. Coaching, defense, ball protection......it all sucks

Couldn't have said it better myself..... this was just BAD today.

BgThang
MAn, even with andre johnson and ahman green today we would have not won prolly the way we played. This game was a joke, I seen the defense show up twice today. The blitz omg we got beat nearly everytime.

I hope we lay the smackdown on miami and jaguars in the coming weeks. Then really hurt the titans. I will be happy to win at least 8 games this year.
Imaginge all the money spent on the players this year and there are not playing.
We were bleeding, but that is no excuse for some of the bonehead plays out there

Leahmic223
Get rid of Dayne. I don't understand why they like him so much.

3rd and 1 the guy can't convert. Can't get a friggin yard if his career depended on it. I don't understand why Kubiak trusted him so much this game.

The Dream
the falcons don't need Schaub they have Harrington!!!!! :splits: :whip:

Vinny
Well Vinny, I believe you have to cue the "Benny Hill" music for us once again...what a humiliating drive.
yakety sax (http://sg1.allmusic.com/cg/smp.dll?link=h6iu1rjzmr3r5sno76jmia6&z=MP3&r=20.asx)

The Dream
09-30-2007, 03:03 PM
the cowboys won.

RTP2110
09-30-2007, 03:03 PM
Why does our line always stop blocking at the end of games????

TexansFight
09-30-2007, 03:04 PM
Richard Smith does not know how to maximize our talents on defense. Our defense would be a terror if we had Dick Labeau or Gregg Williams managing our defense.

gjmac2
I think Jim Mora said it best....

"Playoffs????? Playoffs??? You got to be kidding. I just hope we win another game"

TK_Gamer
why didnt we run ron dayne or owen daniels for those 1 yard plays? I just dont get it.

RTP2110
300 yard game for Matt

Thorn
Well folks, yall have a good day, what's left of it. I got stuff to do. See ya.

Dread-Head
09-30-2007, 03:06 PM

The defense had moments of Brilliance the secondary with the obvious acception of Robinson was inconsistent. Schaub and Kube made some bad calls during the course of the game. I think some of the guys on this roster need to look at Ryans and Robinson's example and lay some vicious hits on the opposing teams.

Hardcore Texan
09-30-2007, 03:06 PM
Now I am going to be pissed all week.....

Andrew6
09-30-2007, 03:07 PM
I hate to say this but if we're unable to beat ATL do we have a chance this season?

TK_Gamer
09-30-2007, 03:07 PM
every team's QB is gonna look like a pro-bowler with faggins in the game. I officially change my prediction for the season, 7-9

GuerillaBlack
09-30-2007, 03:08 PM
why didnt we run ron dayne or owen daniels for those 1 yard plays? I just dont get it.

Did you see what Dayne just did at the end of the game?!? It was almost a sure touchdown, but he does not know what the hell he is doing.

Leahmic223
I hate to say this but if we're unable to beat ATL do we have a chance this season?

We are missing Andre Johnson man. He changes the way teams gameplan and is a huge factor.

Spike
Injuries or not...this was a horrible game. This team had an opportunity to turn a corner today and really did not play well.

Hardcore Texan
09-30-2007, 03:09 PM
At least our performance today will give me a nice excuse to be hungover tomorrow.

TexSon
We are missing Andre Johnson man. He changes the way teams gameplan and is a huge factor.

AJ has nothing to do with the pathetic showing from the defense.

BgThang
i give props to dunta, andre davis, demco (of course he is always there with the tackle), owen daniels, schuab (no int's, great pass%), c.cbrown. Oh and a shout out to okoye. Feel free to add to this.

FAGins can just take the bench.

Leahmic223
Did you see what Dayne just did at the end of the game?!? It was almost a sure touchdown, but he does not know what the hell he is doing.

What the hell is the guy good for? You hand the ball off to him 3rd and 1 and as a powerback you'd think he would be able to convert it...but he can't do that. A powerback that can't convert 3rd and 1s and can't pick up a sinlge yard when we need it is useless.

TK_Gamer
09-30-2007, 03:10 PM

you gonna ignore his stats for the whole year then? he's a 3 ypc bruiser, his stats prove it out. the bad play was on a pitch, allways a risky play near the goal line.

Leahmic223
09-30-2007, 03:10 PM
AJ has nothing to do with the pathetic showing from the defense.

He does have everything to do with us scoring 16 points though.

TK_Gamer
09-30-2007, 03:12 PM
also dayne probably has got 3 pitches in 2 years, he don't run outside, you give him the ball and he runs over the guard or center.

TexSon
09-30-2007, 03:13 PM
He does have everything to do with us scoring 16 points though.

Meh. You won't win often if you can't ever stop the other team. We are not exactly designed for shootout type games.

J-Russ
09-30-2007, 03:13 PM
Defense didn't step it up until after the 4th quarter. I think I saw Fletcher starting as the other CB.

Hmmm let's do the math Defense-Faggins+Fletcher=^Defense

TK_Gamer
09-30-2007, 03:14 PM
I chalk this one up to the coaching staff personally. I'm sure they even looked confused and inadequate even to the players, wich hurts your rythym and confidence.

PapaL
09-30-2007, 03:15 PM
you gonna ignore his stats for the whole year then? he's a 3 ypc bruiser, his stats prove it out. the bad play was on a pitch, allways a risky play near the goal line.

Unfortunately handing the ball off to a guy who gets you 3 yards every carry equals a punt. 3 carries x 3 yards = 4th and 1.

He is not a bruiser. Never has been, never will be. He is a little back stuck in a fat man's body.

I don't know what dirty little secret Dayne has on Kubiak but we need a #2 RB just as bad, if not worse, than we need a #2 WR.

The Dream
09-30-2007, 03:16 PM
Meh. You won't win often if you can't ever stop the other team. We are not exactly designed for shootout type games

I'm sorry but even without Andre our offense still had PLENTY of opportunities to put it in the end zone....dumb play calling, dumb play, and dumb penalties killed us though...that has nothing to do with Andre.

Leahmic223
Unfortunately handing the ball off to a guy who gets you 3 yards every carry equals a punt. 3 carries x 3 yards = 4th and 1.

He is not a bruiser. Never has been, never will be. He is a little back stuck in a fat man's body.

I don't know what dirty little secret Dayne has on Kubiak but we need a #2 RB just as bad, if not worse, than we need a #2 WR.

I don't understand what Dayne has on Kubiak. The only thing that will save this day for me is if the Colts lose.

Errant Hothy
I think we need to find a young RB next offseason. I don't care if we sign one, trade for one, or draft one.

Leahmic223
09-30-2007, 03:20 PM
I think we need to find a young RB nest offseason. I don't care if we sign one, trade for one, or draft one.

Agreed.

Any ways the season isn't over fellas. I'd expected us to go 2-2 the first 4 games. I'd just thought we'd lose to the Panthers and Win against the Falcons. I am just disappointed in how our defense looked, the DayneTrain, and whoever was calling the plays.

I just think we need to win next week if we want to prove we are a different team.

TexSon
09-30-2007, 03:21 PM
I'm sorry but even without Andre our offense still had PLENTY of opportunities to put it in the end zone....dumb play calling, dumb play, and dumb penalties killed us though...that has nothing to do with Andre.

:confused: Which is why I said that awful defense and stupid mistakes means we probably still don't win even with AJ.

IonSen88
09-30-2007, 03:22 PM
Good game!

I think Houston has a good team, and their season did not and will not end here. They could've rolled over, but for the second week in a row, they hung in there!

Thanks for allowing me to post on your board. Good luck the rest of the season!

TK_Gamer
09-30-2007, 03:24 PM

who's talking about 3 carries? 1 carry is what i'm talking about its 3rd and 1 on the 6 yard line, its 3rd and 1 on the half yard line. I'm not saying dayne is a starting calliber back, but for 1 yard I would run dayne up the middle any day.

The Dream
09-30-2007, 03:24 PM
:confused: Which is why I said that awful defense and stupid mistakes means we probably still don't win even with AJ.

LOL, yeah I forgot to throw in "I agree" after your quote...my fault

GuerillaBlack
09-30-2007, 03:25 PM
also dayne probably has got 3 pitches in 2 years, he don't run outside, you give him the ball and he runs over the guard or center.

I would have liked him to run inside (or a QB Sneek), instead of the pitch. Even a FB run.

PapaL
09-30-2007, 03:26 PM
Agreed.

Any ways the season isn't over fellas. I'd expected us to go 2-2 the first 4 games. I'd just thought we'd lose to the Panthers and Win against the Falcons. I am just disappointed in how our defense looked, the DayneTrain, and whoever was calling the plays.

I think his new name is going to be the Flab Cab.

GuerillaBlack
09-30-2007, 03:26 PM

We are fine at WR when everyone is healthy. We do need a better RB, though.

SheTexan
09-30-2007, 03:27 PM
Well, so much for that!! The entire team is to blame for this loss, IMHO!! INCLUDING the questionable play calling by the coach. JMO here, but, I think we were completely out coached! Just to many mistakes to even name them all. NO excuses either. Even with our backups, we should have won this game.

The Pencil Neck
09-30-2007, 03:29 PM
Good game!

I think Houston has a good team, and their season did not and will not end here. They could've rolled over, but for the second week in a row, they hung in there!

Thanks for allowing me to post on your board. Good luck the rest of the season!

Congrats on the first win, man. Have a good rest of the season!

TK_Gamer
09-30-2007, 03:30 PM
As long as we have faggins covering the speed reciever, we are gonna have to put up 30 points a game to have a chance. then when smith calls a 4-3 over with a 3 wide set twice, it just makes for a really long day.

The Dream
09-30-2007, 03:31 PM
Well, so much for that!! The entire team is to blame for this loss, IMHO!! INCLUDING the questionable play calling by the coach. JMO here, but, I think we were completely out coached! Just to many mistakes to even name them all. NO excuses either. Even with our backups, we should have won this game.

agreed.

Errant Hothy
09-30-2007, 03:36 PM

Huh? Since when have we ever had that kind of depth?

I'm not sying that the injuries cost us the game, the defense was relativly healthy; but I don't see how anybody can think that our backups are good enough to beat anybody's starters.

drewmar74
09-30-2007, 03:47 PM
I'm not saying dayne is a starting calliber back, but for 1 yard I would run dayne up the middle any day.

I disagree. The thing that has always killed me about Dayne is that very rarely does he run hard into the hole. Heck, you'd think that with that fat arse of his he could at least move the pile if he'd keep his legs churning. But he doesn't. He tends to run soft, IMO, and I just don't know if I trust him to get a tough yard because he does run so soft.

rmartin65
09-30-2007, 05:07 PM
we need a #2 RB just as bad, if not worse, than we need a #2 WR.

Totally agree. Between Walter, Jones, Davis and maybe even Mathis, we are okay at the #2 wideout spot. Davis in particular impressed. We have no backup runningback.

Nawzer
09-30-2007, 05:17 PM
This offense won't score enough point if the running game is not effective. Everything in this offense comes off of the running game and today we weren't good enough. Defenisively we were on the field too long and our secondary was awful. DeMarcus Faggins got abused most of the game. Our pass rush was inconsistent. Combine all of those things with the turnovers we won't win too many games.

dalemurphy
09-30-2007, 10:52 PM
Totally agree. Between Walter, Jones, Davis and maybe even Mathis, we are okay at the #2 wideout spot. Davis in particular impressed. We have no backup runningback.

Chris Taylor!- that injury is really hurting us right now. I was predicting that Taylor would be the primary backup and Dayne wouldn't even make the team... Man, I wish that had worked out!

cuongnet
10-04-2007, 07:48 PM
oh, good job!