PDA

View Full Version : The AFC South is Tough to Beat

Texan Asylum
09-29-2007, 05:45 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=Asx8fqJKGri5tgqn1G.M1v5DubYF?slug=theafc southistoughtobeat&prov=tsn&type=lgns

Six weeks ago, some online columnist ranked the AFC South sixth among the league's eight divisions. He wrote: "The gap between the defending champion Colts and the rest of the division remains huge. Jacksonville will continue to struggle as long as there's potential for a quarterback controversy, and as exciting as Vince Young is, he looks like a one-man gang for Tennessee."

Who could have written such drivel? Uh, that would be me. I'll have some Sweet Baby Ray's on my crow, please.

It's still early in the season, but after three weeks it looks like I was wrong with my assessment...

In Houston, new starting quarterback Matt Schaub and a young defense have Texans fans fired up and thinking their team has a real shot at the first winning record in franchise history. The Texans lost to the Colts at home last Sunday, 30-24, but you wonder if the outcome would have been different if wide receiver Andre Johnson hadn't been sidelined with a knee injury...(cont)

:texflag:

Vinny
09-29-2007, 05:46 PM
I've been talking about the AFC South being good for a while this off-season...the media is slow to catch up sometimes.

The Dream
09-29-2007, 06:03 PM
I'm not going to lie I didn't think the division would be THIS good, but I did think it was going to be a competitive division....definitely not 6th out of 8 though.

Maddict5
09-29-2007, 09:11 PM
theres another similiar article over on SI.. it has some new quotes from rick smith though

no link sorry