PDA

View Full Version : Madden Curse? What about Nike curse?

gtexan02
09-28-2007, 10:37 AM
Is the Madden curse on LT this year or VY? LT said no to madden, but many argue that the curse will follow him anyway. VY is having a pretty good year.

What about the Nike curse?

Vick - Nothing needs to be said
LT - bad year
Steven Jackson - bad year
Shawn Merriman - bad year

Corrosion
09-28-2007, 11:42 AM
How bout we put the entire Dolts team on the next Madden cover while Pey-Me-A-Ton and Marvin give us some new Nike's :cool: Im as sick of Manning as the next guy but I'd really like to see him on the cover of Madden ..... Just for the Curse . :cool:

Double Barrel
09-28-2007, 11:44 AM
I don't get the tie-in to LT. He's not on the cover of Madden. The curse is supposed to be about the cover, not the offer.

TexansLucky13
09-28-2007, 11:46 AM
I don't get the tie-in to LT. He's not on the cover of Madden. The curse is supposed to be about the cover, not the offer.

The tie-in is the fact that the Chargers blow this season and LT isn't getting numbers that an MVP should.

Double Barrel
09-28-2007, 11:47 AM
The tie-in is the fact that the Chargers blow this season and LT isn't getting numbers that an MVP should.

That has more to do with Norv Turner and a massive coaching turnover than some mythical video game cover.

TexansLucky13
09-28-2007, 11:48 AM
That has more to do with Norv Turner and a massive coaching turnover than some mythical video game cover.

Of course.... but to the superstitious folk, it has nothing to do with that.

:tease:

HOU-TEX
09-28-2007, 01:43 PM

I agree. Turner is a horrible head coach.

He looks like a freaking psychopath in his interviews too.:specnatz:

Second Honeymoon
09-28-2007, 02:12 PM
Is the Madden curse on LT this year or VY? LT said no to madden, but many argue that the curse will follow him anyway. VY is having a pretty good year.

What about the Nike curse?

Vick - Nothing needs to be said
LT - bad year
Steven Jackson - bad year
Shawn Merriman - bad year

I hadn't thought of that at all but its spot on. All 3 guys in the new interlinked Nike spot are having subpar years and I wonder if Vick was to be the 4th guy. I bet they had a Vick version they were working on. Brady wears Nike but Vick would have been a better subject for those commercials.

whatever shoe Favre wears would be the least-cursed of any. That guy is a freak of nature. I may even shed a real tear of sadness the day he hangs up his cleats regardless of the brand. Just the epitome of what is right with professional sports. Blessed. Flawed. Beloved. Hated. Honest to a fault. Total and unequivocal love for his craft and the game.

I just hope Peyton doesn't stick around as long as Favre is. I am sure Viking, Lion, and Bear fan can't stand the guy after seeing him rip their hearts out every year through 2 decades. I know I am already sick of seeing Peyton's prodigious melon parade out of the locker room 2 times a year v. the Texans..go away We Give. Uncle. Mercy. plz Retire.

primadox
09-28-2007, 02:37 PM
Pey-Me-A-Ton

Now THAT's funny!!! I've never heard that one before!!! :rofl:

Corrosion
09-28-2007, 02:44 PM
Now THAT's funny!!! I've never heard that one before!!! :rofl:

Thats been my name for the guy ever since he signed that last contract which until recently had crippled the Dolts defense by taking up some much cap space .

HOU-TEX
09-28-2007, 03:06 PM
Thats been my name for the guy ever since he signed that last contract which until recently had crippled the Dolts defense by taking up some much cap space .

I'm sure the Colts and their fans are truly upset about it too. :specnatz:

Corrosion
09-28-2007, 03:18 PM
I'm sure the Colts and their fans are truly upset about it too. :specnatz:

Im sure Dolts fan didnt particularly like it until they got past the Pats and won the superbowl last season. Until the play-offs their defense was a total liability .

Double Barrel
09-28-2007, 03:24 PM
I know I am already sick of seeing Peyton's prodigious melon parade out of the locker room 2 times a year v. the Texans..go away We Give. Uncle. Mercy. plz Retire.

It just makes beating him that much sweeter.