PDA

View Full Version : Delhomme not Practicing

HoustonFrog
09-27-2007, 03:45 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3039299

CHARLOTTE, N.C. -- Jake Delhomme missed practice again Thursday with a strained right elbow, making it more likely backup David Carr will start at quarterback for Carolina on Sunday against Tampa Bay.

Panthers coach John Fox, always secretive with injuries, sidestepped a question on whether Delhomme tried to throw.

"He did not participate [in practice]," Fox said. "That's all .. I've got to say and that's all I'm going to say. You know that."

Brando
09-27-2007, 03:52 PM
ON NFL Network last night(I think it was Adam Schefter) that said he will not try and practice until Friday and will see from that point.

swtbound07
09-27-2007, 04:03 PM
was that the sound of tampa clinching the division?

CloakNNNdagger
09-27-2007, 07:23 PM
Last week, Carr came into the game with the opposition having not prepared game planning) for him being in the game. This week will be another story..........I expect we will see our old Carr off and running.........for his life.

ATX
09-27-2007, 09:50 PM
And all across the nation, fantasy players are scratching Steve Smith in their lineups and adding the Tampa Defense.

StarStruck
09-28-2007, 04:00 AM
Last week, Carr came into the game with the opposition having not prepared game planning) for him being in the game. This week will be another story..........I expect we will see our old Carr off and running.........for his life.

LOL I am watching NFL channe's Put Up Your Dukes, and the host just said that it seems that David is having a hard time letting the Houston thing go. He went on to translate Carr's interview to say "I got a Clairol commercial coming up soon and Delhomme will never get this job back after I start." Pretty funny stuff.

Mr teX
09-28-2007, 10:37 AM
And all across the nation, fantasy players are scratching Steve Smith in their lineups and adding the Tampa Defense.

Wouldn't say across america, just here in houston. I'm @ that crossroads now.....

i've got Jason Witten, Brandon Marshall, & Wes Welker to choose from

Hmmmmm

drewmar74
09-28-2007, 11:06 AM
I'd leave Smith in.

Why? Because Carr will look for Smith before going fetal.

Couldn't help it. Tooooo easy.

I am curious to see how Carr does if he starts. I suppose it's a bit easier for me to be objective regarding Mickey's performance since he's not under our center.

HoustonFrog
09-28-2007, 11:47 AM
I'd leave Smith in.

Why? Because Carr will look for Smith before going fetal.

Couldn't help it. Tooooo easy.

I am curious to see how Carr does if he starts. I suppose it's a bit easier for me to be objective regarding Mickey's performance since he's not under our center.

Smith suits Carr. Throw a 5 yard out and hope he can run the other 75 yards.

I hope he gets pummeled. I think he is really not liking the fact that Schaub has put us in the "relevant" category.

Ole Miss Texan
09-28-2007, 12:29 PM
I wish David the best. You can definitly question his desire while here in houston but have to admit he was always a classy nice guy.

I hope he does well with carolina and resurrects his career...they are in the NFC so we don't have to worry too much. If they can win more games, it will make our defeat over them look better.

Leahmic223
09-28-2007, 12:48 PM
Panther fans are going to see and feel our pain now.

Of course he can always go in there in light it up, he had a few good games here but we'll see. He's the kind of QB that needs a brick wall in front of him to have success, if one guy gets through that wall he panics.

Double Barrel
09-28-2007, 12:49 PM
While I consider DC a bust as a Texan, I wish him the best on his new team.

I do feel bad for Carolina's offensive line. They are about to be considered completely worthless.

TexansLucky13
09-28-2007, 12:50 PM
Watch him win this game, just like last week. I hope that happens just so I can hear the excuses some of you will make.

Double Barrel
09-28-2007, 12:52 PM
Watch him win this game, just like last week. I hope that happens just so I can hear the excuses some of you will make.

And if he loses, we can't wait to hear the excuses you make for him. :joker:

CloakNNNdagger
09-28-2007, 12:52 PM
Panther fans are going to see and feel our pain now.

Of course he can always go in there in light it up, he had a few good games here but we'll see. He's the kind of QB that needs a brick wall in front of him to have success, if one guy gets through that wall he panics.

.........and a seeing eye dog to find his secondary receivers...............

Grams
09-28-2007, 12:54 PM
I wish David the best. You can definitly question his desire while here in houston but have to admit he was always a classy nice guy.

I hope he does well with carolina and resurrects his career...they are in the NFC so we don't have to worry too much. If they can win more games, it will make our defeat over them look better.

Sorry - I hope he falls on his face.

I kind of like the positive press we have been getting for dumping him and getting Schaub. The media is starting to say that it was not all our Oline's fault with all those sacks. That a lot of them were his fault that he cannot read the defense, holds the ball too long, panics too easily, etc.

TexansLucky13
09-28-2007, 12:55 PM
And if he loses, we can't wait to hear the excuses you make for him. :joker:

This will certainly be an entertaining weekend.

:cowboy1:

HOU-TEX
09-28-2007, 02:38 PM
While I consider DC a bust as a Texan, I wish him the best on his new team.

I do feel bad for Carolina's offensive line. They are about to be considered completely worthless.

You know..I was beginning to feel the same way..until I saw his dumbass on NFLN taking another shot at Houston. It pissed me off even more when Dukes made a point to say it wasn't even provoked by a question. He continues to take malicious jabs.

Between that, the stupid hat he was wearing and the queer hair, I hope he get's his face smeared in the freakin ground by TB.

If they happen to win, who gives a frog's fatass. We already beat them

Sorry for the frog comment HoustonFrog:shades:

Second Honeymoon
09-28-2007, 03:04 PM

what excuses? the dude played good in the 2nd half and did enough to help his team win a game that they had to have. he showed some life. good for him. hope things work out for him. i have never been one to hope or pine for his career to fizzle. if he can ever stop pissing and moaning about his time in Houston, I would have no problem with him whatsoever.

some of us just wanted him out of town so we could have good football...would a good Carr performance do anything to belittle that position? most of us arent looking for him to succeed OR fail in order to serve some sort of twisted personal agenda...we wanted him gone, he is gone, and now we have good football for once.

i realize that in College Station uncreative, illiterate, inept, and uninspired football is an annual rite of passage but some of us expect more especially from our professional franchise here in Houston. We got rid of Gloveboy and now we have a good product. Why the agenda? Carr sucked with Texans. a decade of Pro Bowl caliber seasons will do nothing to change that fact. Turn page.

Double Barrel
09-28-2007, 03:06 PM
This will certainly be an entertaining weekend.

:cowboy1:

That goes without saying when it's football season! :victory:

Second Honeymoon
09-28-2007, 03:18 PM
That goes without saying when it's football season! :victory:

yup. Sunday Ticket time. A little Texans at Noon and a little Steeler action at 3.

CloakNNNdagger
09-28-2007, 03:22 PM
We finally have an explanation for the gloves:

http://www.courier-journal.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070927/SPORTS/709270490/1002/SPORTS
If you're wondering who persuaded Carolina Panthers quarterback David Carr to wear gloves on both hands during a game, look no further than his golf buddy, Jim McMahon.

"I don't know if he's the greatest role model, but he's a cool dude, and we get along great," Carr said yesterday about the flashy former Chicago Bears quarterback, who was known for his gloves and headbands.

Carr said after McMahon made his sales pitch while they played golf at Lake Tahoe, he experimented with gloves in practice last year and wore them in one game when he played for Houston.

"You don't have to grab the laces half the time if you're throwing a quick ball," Carr said. "It's however the ball comes up in a snap, you can throw it. You don't worry about that. It's just a much better grip."

So when starter Jake Delhomme was injured in the third quarter Sunday in Atlanta, Carr was ready to become that rare quarterback with a glove on his throwing hand.

And to match the Panthers' white jerseys, Carr ran in resembling a butler with white gloves.

"I tell him he looks like Michael Jackson," fullback Brad Hoover said.

That's not the only nickname being thrown around the locker room this week.

"Michael Jackson. Mickey Mouse," Carr said. "Someone shot me with a Minnie Mouse. I couldn't even get the male version of the mouse."

Texan_Bill
09-28-2007, 03:23 PM
http://www.scavengeinc.com/images/rubies/2810n.jpg

Second Honeymoon
09-28-2007, 03:30 PM
:snore:

real
09-28-2007, 03:33 PM
One of his teammates called him Minnie Mouse ?!?!

LMAO.

HOU-TEX
09-28-2007, 03:38 PM
Maybe he's under contract with Hamburger Helper. :gun:

http://www.modtones.com/download/previews/wallpaper/thumbs/159245.gif

Double Barrel
09-28-2007, 04:22 PM
I still think the mime blast works good, too.

http://images.jupiterimages.com/common/detail/43/35/23373543.jpg

Use the gloves, Dave. Feeeeeel the pressure.

Texan_Bill
09-28-2007, 04:24 PM
http://jupiter.phy.ohiou.edu/~rouzie/sp151/ads/clairol.jpg

HOU-TEX
09-28-2007, 04:28 PM
I always thought he wore them because he didn't like his bare hand touching butts. :user:

HoustonFrog
09-28-2007, 04:47 PM
We finally have an explanation for the gloves:

I think his teammates stole my thunder from Carolina week around here when I said Dorthy Hamil wanted her hair back and Mickey his gloves. Residuals/

Texan_Bill
09-28-2007, 04:51 PM
I think his teammates stole my thunder from Carolina week around here when I said Dorthy Hamil wanted her hair back and Mickey his gloves. Residuals/

Alright I will give you residuals for this:

http://www.scavengeinc.com/images/rubies/2810n.jpg

But not for this:

http://jupiter.phy.ohiou.edu/~rouzie/sp151/ads/clairol.jpg

This was from Jamie Dukes from his show "Put Up Your Dukes" (which someone else mentioned earlier today in another thread)...

DocBar
09-28-2007, 10:41 PM
This is pretty entertaining, seeing what everyone else REALLY thinks about Carr...he's not getting much respect for his QB play.