PDA

View Full Version : Big Bad Schaub

stevn8r
09-27-2007, 10:10 AM
The folks over at Chron.com had a little fun and came up with a pretty good little video about our Quarterback "BIG BAD SCHAUB"!

Enjoy

http://link.brightcove.com/services/player/bcpid823425601?bclid=958852564&bctid=1213816788

Lucky
09-27-2007, 10:14 AM
Now we know why McClain does so little reporting on the Texans and the NFL. Between his acting gigs and his video productions, Da General just doesn't have the time.

FirstTexansFan
09-27-2007, 10:16 AM
Jimmy Dean just turned over in his grave....a bit too sweet for me....Insulin please :)

Porky
09-27-2007, 10:21 AM
Pretty good little takeoff on the original Jimmy Dean song. And I bet most of you thought he only made sausage. :devilpig:

Pantherstang84
09-27-2007, 10:27 AM
Jimmy Dean just turned over in his grave....a bit too sweet for me....Insulin please :)

I think Jimmy would appreciate it if you didn't put him in the grave too early.

FirstTexansFan
09-27-2007, 10:30 AM
ooops, my bad, I was sure I had heard somewhere he had passed on....well, I still think he'd upchuck some sausage on this one....:)

HoustonFrog
09-27-2007, 10:34 AM
The girls did well!:whip:

eriadoc
09-27-2007, 10:34 AM
That ...... was horrible. Really.

Shaft75
09-27-2007, 10:54 AM

That was really horrible...

GlassHalfFull
09-27-2007, 10:58 AM

That really was horrible...

Porky
09-27-2007, 11:01 AM

That was horrible. Really?

stevn8r
09-27-2007, 11:04 AM
Not grammy winning, but a humorous and fun way to come up with a nick name!

False Start
09-27-2007, 11:24 AM
McClain sounds like hes trying out for the Godfather . It was pretty cool I guess .

Double Barrel
09-27-2007, 11:24 AM

Really, that was horrible.

HoustonFrog
09-27-2007, 11:27 AM
Originally Posted by eriadoc

Originally Posted by Shaft75

Originally Posted by GlassHalfFull

Originally Posted by Porky

Was really that horrible?

HOU-TEX
09-27-2007, 11:32 AM

If you looked horrible up in the dictionary, you'd find this next to it.

BeerTastesLikeVictory
09-27-2007, 11:35 AM

Horrible, that really was

HuttoKarl
09-27-2007, 11:58 AM

Yoda? Is that you?

stevn8r
09-27-2007, 11:59 AM
ok, I'll play...
horrible, really that was.

HoustonFrog
09-27-2007, 12:02 PM
If you looked horrible up in the dictionary, you'd find this next to it.

Was just trying to stay in the format they laid out otherwise agreed.

Errant Hothy
09-27-2007, 12:03 PM
Really, was that horrible?

Specnatz
09-27-2007, 12:10 PM
Really horrible, was that!

2BCF
09-27-2007, 12:41 PM
lol, funny.
Surprisingly, McClain was the best vocalist.
Would have been better w/o the screamin' chick.

texasguy346
09-27-2007, 12:52 PM
Horrible! Schrecklich! Orribile! Horrível!

Shaft75
09-27-2007, 12:59 PM
Originally Posted by eriadoc

Originally Posted by Shaft75

Originally Posted by GlassHalfFull

Originally Posted by Porky

Originally Posted by Double Barrel

Originally Posted by HoustonFrog

Originally posted by Hoth-Boy
Really, was that horrible?

Originally posted by Specnatz
Really horrible, was that!

Originally posted by BeerTastesLikeVictory

Originally posted by stevn8r
horrible, really that was.

That was horribly real...

powerfuldragon
09-27-2007, 01:03 PM
when i heard it on the radio, it pissed me off. this is an embarrassment to houston. anna-megan raley can not sing but tries like hell. and why'd the dummy have to talk about vy so much. if you look real carefully in the video, you can see a smudge on mclain's nose. so bad.

Shaft75
09-27-2007, 01:07 PM
when i heard it on the radio, it pissed me off. this is an embarrassment to houston. anna-megan raley can not sing but tries like hell. and why'd the dummy have to talk about vy so much. if you look real carefully in the video, you can see a smudge on mclain's nose. so bad.

Dude... If you are going to post in this thread, you have to play the game.

Was the smudge from a powdered, cream filled or chocolate donut??

HOU-TEX
09-27-2007, 01:10 PM
Was just trying to stay in the format they laid out otherwise agreed.

I know. I was wanting to do the same thing, but forgot to do the multi-quote thing.:)

HoustonFrog
09-27-2007, 01:12 PM
I know. I was wanting to do the same thing, but forgot to do the multi-quote thing.:)

I figured, just wanted to make sure no one thought I loved the thing..:gun:

powerfuldragon
09-27-2007, 01:16 PM
Dude... If you are going to post in this thread, you have to play the game.

Was the smudge from a powdered, cream filled or chocolate donut??
from vince young's ... that jack 'o lantern faced name dropper buys his chapstik at sams.

Double Barrel
09-27-2007, 02:02 PM
Surprisingly, McClain was the best vocalist.
Would have been better w/o the screamin' chick.

I agree completely. Anna-Megan is tone deaf, and in a really bad way.

HOU-TEX
09-27-2007, 02:09 PM
I agree completely. Anna-Megan is tone deaf, and in a really bad way.

Maybe she'd sound better if we gave her antenna's at little tweaking.:specnatz:
:Runs and hides:

The Pencil Neck
09-27-2007, 02:11 PM
I did not need to hear that.

AnthonyE
09-27-2007, 02:56 PM
Saw this two days ago on Apollo XVIII's youtube. :O

Pretty good. :)

Hervoyel
09-27-2007, 06:42 PM
I want to carve open my head and pull that out of my mind. I wish that had never entered my consciousness.

Which is a shame because it could have been done properly and worked. This version wasn't it.

Errant Hothy
09-27-2007, 06:50 PM
Which is a shame because it could have been done properly and worked. This version wasn't it.

It's the chick going "6'6" and 235" that is causing me to wear ear-plugs to keep my grey mater between my ears.

JDizzle
09-27-2007, 07:12 PM
McLain said on 610 this morning that they were going to do a song about Kyle and Mike Shanny right before the Denver game. Let's hope they decide to draw a picture instead. That was AWFUL.

brakos82
09-27-2007, 07:28 PM
That wasn't all that horible...

I just spelled horrible wrong :gun:

IlliniJen
09-27-2007, 08:55 PM
What an utter pile of crap.

What's with the Houston Chronicle sports "journalists"? I have no problem with something that's funny, but that was bad amateur unfunny grade-school-production-quality schlock. Less entertaining than a David Brent video.

UTColumbus
09-27-2007, 09:46 PM
That was horribly real...

Horrible was that reel.

John McClain and The Internet is like your buddy and the sports car he bought during his mid-life crisis. Your buddy drives up and you're like, "Damn John, that's a sweet ride." And then the months go on, and John keeps inserting his car into every conversation you and your friends have...what kind of oil he's putting in his car, where he's driving his car, who rode in his car, etc. Then you go over the John's house and he's out of beer because he bought awesome new rims. Pretty soon you wish John's car would crash and he would get back to who he was before the car.

stevn8r
09-27-2007, 09:54 PM
What an utter pile of crap.

What's with the Houston Chronicle sports "journalists"? I have no problem with something that's funny, but that was bad amateur unfunny grade-school-production-quality schlock. Less entertaining than a David Brent video.

how do you really feel?
:twocents:

Carr Bombed
09-28-2007, 12:04 AM
The only part I liked was listening to Chance McClain talk about how he hated vacuum cleaners

Da_General
09-28-2007, 08:19 AM
Make it stop! I can't take it! No matter what I listen to, this song keeps coming back and swirling around my brain! Between this and Frosty, I'm having major musical issues this season. :gun:

Blake
09-28-2007, 08:36 AM
First off, it is really annoying how I keep getting logged off every 5 minutes.

Secondly, I though the song was horribly awful. I have no problem with people having fun by making a parody, but the way they did it made me feel embarassed for them, so much so that I couldnt enjoy the fun idea that they had.

NitroGSXR
09-28-2007, 08:37 AM
As you guys know.... I'm Deaf. That being said...

I absolutely loved the video! I didn't have to 'hear' or 'listen' to any said screeching or whatever it was that went on. The video was captioned. I loved the words in the song/poem. For what it's worth, I read and comprehend songs as poems.

Now the words Big Bad Schaub are ringing in my head over and over.

Big.
Bad.
*with a whisper* Schaaauuub.

TexanAddict
09-28-2007, 11:19 AM
Someone needs to tell Anna-Megan not to quit her day job...whatever that is.

Specnatz
09-28-2007, 12:03 PM
As you guys know.... I'm Deaf. That being said...

I absolutely loved the video! I didn't have to 'hear' or 'listen' to any said screeching or whatever it was that went on. The video was captioned. I loved the words in the song/poem. For what it's worth, I read and comprehend songs as poems.

Now the words Big Bad Schaub are ringing in my head over and over.

Big.
Bad.
*with a whisper* Schaaauuub.

For once be thankful you did not have to hear that. Anna "I got my job because I have two qualities that stick out" Megan is possibly the worst singer on the planet her singing is to paris hilton acting. Nothing you ever want to see repeated.

Ya know I thought the video and the song was to be about Schuab not some fat ugly fat guy trying to sing into a mic. But looking at the video it appears that I was wrong.

stevn8r
09-28-2007, 12:16 PM
Some of you are taking this out of context or thinking about it too much. Just some Texan fans having fun supporting BIG BAD SCHAUB. Not trying to win any awards. I keep hearing the deap voice singing BIG BAD SCHAUB in my head, I guess I block out the "screaching"!
just my :twocents:

MeLoveTexans
09-28-2007, 12:23 PM
AM really sings horribly, i wanted to stick a hot poker in my head after hearing her try to add "soul" to that song. On an unrelated note, i think mcclain has a crush on anna meagan. General, i know you read these posts, just tell her how you feel. I believe in you!

NitroGSXR
09-28-2007, 12:25 PM
AM really sings horribly, i wanted to stick a hot poker in my head after hearing her try to add "soul" to that song. On an unrelated note, i think mcclain has a crush on anna meagan. General, i know you read these posts, just tell her how you feel. I believe in you!

She has a boyfriend. She mentioned him in passing when we were conversing after the Cowboys game.

You guys are funny sometimes.

TexanAddict
09-28-2007, 12:34 PM
Did she happen to call him John? or perhaps "General"?

The Pencil Neck
09-28-2007, 12:41 PM
You guys are funny sometimes.

I'm funny how? I mean funny like I'm a clown? I amuse you? I make you laugh, I'm here to ******* amuse you? What do you mean funny, funny how? How am I funny?

:cowboy1:

NitroGSXR
09-28-2007, 12:43 PM
I'm funny how? I mean funny like I'm a clown? I amuse you? I make you laugh, I'm here to ******* amuse you? What do you mean funny, funny how? How am I funny?

:cowboy1:

Full Metal Jacket? I'm trying to remember which movie that was from but I think it's Full Metal Jacket? Good Morning Vietnam? Gah. I can't remember.

EDIT: I just remembered. Joe Pesci.

The Pencil Neck
09-28-2007, 12:46 PM
Personally, I didn't really understand what some parts of the song meant. At first, I thought McLain was talking about VY when he was talking about facing up to the guy from Tennessee and I was like, why the hell are you talking about VY? We haven't even PLAYED VY with Schaub, yet!

But then I realized he was talking about Manning.

I think.

infantrycak
09-28-2007, 12:53 PM
Personally, I didn't really understand what some parts of the song meant. At first, I thought McLain was talking about VY when he was talking about facing up to the guy from Tennessee and I was like, why the hell are you talking about VY? We haven't even PLAYED VY with Schaub, yet!

But then I realized he was talking about Manning.

I think.

Nope--he was talking about VY--said it straight out on the radio talking about the song. One of the radio guys said something about giving extra incentive and Johnny said Vince doesn't need anymore incentive than not being picked.

The Pencil Neck
09-28-2007, 12:59 PM
Nope--he was talking about VY--said it straight out on the radio talking about the song. One of the radio guys said something about giving extra incentive and Johnny said Vince doesn't need anymore incentive than not being picked.

Then the song is even worse than I thought.

Señor Stan
09-28-2007, 01:07 PM
Then the song is even worse than I thought.

Not possible.

IlliniJen
09-28-2007, 03:43 PM
Someone needs to tell Anna-Megan not to quit her day job...whatever that is.

I think her job is to make really bad videos with McClain. I don't think there's any adult supervision over there at the Chronicle's sports department, otherwise I don't think something so unprofessional would consistently be created and posted to chron.com.

But at least chron.com has the best non-drama-queen hurricane/weather blogger in the area.

Double Barrel
09-28-2007, 03:50 PM
Make it stop! I can't take it! No matter what I listen to, this song keeps coming back and swirling around my brain! Between this and Frosty, I'm having major musical issues this season. :gun:

It is an earworm (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Earworm) of Dune proportions.

http://duneii.com/images/units/sand-worm.jpg

I freakin' hate those things, too! I've been cursed with them since I was a kid. I even failed an English test in high school because my moron friend behind me kept singing "Karma Chameleon" to annoy me!! It worked, too! :gun:

I was a bit surprised that McClain would say such things about the object of his desire. I guess a mancrush will cause you to do strange things, but I wouldn't know.

Mean Machine
09-28-2007, 11:18 PM
I think Big Bad Schaub is great. It's fun and I like the General and Anna Megan's voice's on the song.

Heck, I was cracking up watching/listening to it. I hope they do more takeoffs on other songs for players on the team.
I like the goofy stuff, and when you are winning it's so much better.
Maybe someday we'll have the Texan's version of the "super Bowl Shuffle'

False Start
09-28-2007, 11:33 PM
I think Big Bad Schaub is great. It's fun and I like the General and Anna Megan's voice's on the song.

Heck, I was cracking up watching/listening to it. I hope they do more takeoffs on other songs for players on the team.

Now we know what name McClain post under on this BB ..........

Just kidding man . :cool:

TexanSam
09-28-2007, 11:33 PM
I thought it was funny. Not a bad job by McClain. For once.

stevn8r
09-28-2007, 11:46 PM

I am with you MM! Just think in 20 yrs, we will crack up talkin about the cheezy "Big Bad Schaub" Video:laughjump:

"And like a giant oak tree just stood real still Big Schaub"
BWHAAAAAHAAAAAAHAAAA!!!!!!
lol:

edo783
09-29-2007, 05:27 PM
Cheezy and just a fun thing. IMO, if they would have done a full studeo professional recording it might have been over the top, but this is so poorly done by the talent that it is just like kids performing in the backyard. Just funny and not seriouse.

tulexan
09-29-2007, 05:29 PM
I thought it was one of the worst videos I have ever seen. They need to stop this whole Anna Megan thing. She isn't hot, she isn't talented, and she has no interviewing skills. The only thing she brings to the table is a hard on for John McClain.

WWJD
09-29-2007, 06:35 PM
One word describes that video. LAME...

GuerillaBlack
09-29-2007, 07:22 PM
I thought it was one of the worst videos I have ever seen. They need to stop this whole Anna Megan thing. She isn't hot, she isn't talented, and she has no interviewing skills. The only thing she brings to the table is a hard on for John McClain.

She isn't really ugly:

http://a113.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/104/l_fc4dd74ec631ee6ba8d13ca63180bca0.jpg

But the last part too funny.