PDA

View Full Version : RB news for Atlanta game

Errant Hothy
09-27-2007, 08:32 AM
per www.kffl.com/team/18/nfl

Texans | A. Green unlikely to play Week 4
Wed, 26 Sep 2007 18:42:13 -0700

Megan Manfull, of the Houston Chronicle, reports Houston Texans RB Ahman Green (knee) is unlikely to play Week 4.

Thankfully it looks like Dayne will be able to go.

Texans | Dayne practices Wednesday
Wed, 26 Sep 2007 18:41:50 -0700

Megan Manfull, of the Houston Chronicle, reports Houston Texans RB Ron Dayne (ribs) practiced Wednesday, Sept. 26, and is expected to play Week 4. He will likely start the team's game.

With the injuries at WR, the Texans are really going to have to get the running game going (and without McKinney this becomes even harder). Dayne needs to play this Sunday like he did against the Colts last Dec. I also think we are going to see a bunch or WR sets with a TE in the slot.

Yankee_In_TX
09-27-2007, 08:34 AM
I just worry we're playing Ronnie too early out of need. I don't think he's healed, and hope he doesn't get even more banged up.

HuttoKarl
09-27-2007, 08:34 AM
per www.kffl.com/team/18/nfl

Thankfully it looks like Dayne will be able to go.

With the injuries at WR, the Texans are really going to have to get the running game going (and without McKinney this becomes even harder). Dayne needs to play this Sunday like he did against the Colts last Dec. I also think we are going to see a bunch or WR sets with a TE in the slot.

Between Dayne and Gado, we should be able to tire that defense out. It's going to be tough going into that stadium and winning, but I have confidence that at the end of the day, we'll be 3-1.

Errant Hothy
09-27-2007, 08:36 AM
I just worry we're playing Ronnie too early out of need. I don't think he's healed, and hope he doesn't get even more banged up.

If the team wants to win I don't think they have no choice but to play Dayne. I don't think Gado is capable of establishing the running game we need to win.

Mr teX
09-27-2007, 08:48 AM
**sighs** it's times like this that i wish C. Taylor was healthy for us..
Hell, bring back Lundy....

Texans_Chick
09-27-2007, 09:20 AM

According to the press conference, Dayne thought he could go against the Colts, and Kubiak held him out then for not being 100%.

The person I am concerned about it Green. I knew it wasn't likely that he was going to play, but he has been the only one that has looked good at all.

In the most recent presser, they said he hurt his knee in the KC game and then rehurt it in this one.

You can be in great physical shape and be a hard worker, but if your knees are getting wonky, that's not a good thing for a running back.

gtexan02
09-27-2007, 09:22 AM
Im just concerned that we will only be dressing 2 running backs on Sunday.

If Dayne isn't a full 100%, we're just a hit away from unlesashing the Gado/Cook two headed monster

Mr. White
09-27-2007, 09:29 AM
I can't believe I'm saying this, but Jameel Cook looked pretty good when he ran the ball against the Colts. Maybe they could convert him to tailback for times like this.

real
09-27-2007, 09:31 AM
Kubiak already said that is the role he'll be used in.

Mr. White
09-27-2007, 09:45 AM
Kubiak already said that is the role he'll be used in.

Good to know. I think he'll do all right as long as we don't throw to him. Hopefully, his hands have gotten better since last season.

beerlover
09-27-2007, 10:06 AM
hold out both Dayne & Green lets see what Cook & Gado can do with full workload then based on their performance make adjustments with a rested & healthy #1 & #2 ready the following week.

real
09-27-2007, 10:16 AM
We are still playing an NFL team.

Goldensilence
09-27-2007, 10:18 AM
If Dayne feels he could've gone last week then he is probably good to go.

As for Gado He's a third string guy who had to step in cold during one the bigger early games of the season agaisnt what is looking more and more like a completely different defense. I'm sure Gado will get more reps duringthis week in practice and i expect him to look better in action this weekend. When he had to fill in at Greenbay he looked impressive and that's why i am pretty positive they kept him around as opposed to the other backs.

As for Cook even the most studious people who will remind us what he cost us last year has to admit he played well last week when called upon. There's gotta be some good Karma for a guy that has taken as much heat as him around here. Bottom line is this offense like last week is goingto have to be creative and needs Mathis and Davis to step up. It'd be nice if Walter really showed why Kubiak has faith in him. I think that has really got to be a big game for him personally.

markn
09-27-2007, 10:19 AM
The person I am concerned about it Green. I knew it wasn't likely that he was going to play, but he has been the only one that has looked good at all.

Me too.

On 790 this morning they had a doctor on going through the Texans injuries. The two biggest concerns were Green and AJ. Green has a bone bruise which is completely unpredictable (same problem Dominick Davis suffered??) - it may appear healed but can flare up at any time. Johnson has two knee sprains and is limping which (according to this doctor) means he's going to get muscle deterioration while recovering. He estimated AJ could be out for a total of six weeks.

stevn8r
09-27-2007, 10:21 AM
I just want everyone at 110% by Jacksonville!!!

eriadoc
09-27-2007, 10:36 AM
Well, if Dayne can't get the job done against ATL, at least we have Jameel Cook.

:pirate:

rockabilly
09-27-2007, 12:13 PM
add to this that Jerome Mathis was limited in practice yesterday with a foot injury.