PDA

View Full Version : Texans vs Falcons -- Austin Official Watch Party (plese sticky)

Specnatz
09-26-2007, 10:29 AM
Be sure to be out at ThirdBase this Sunday. It is an away game we need to represent Loud, Proud, and in Full Force.

If there is any special needs that have not already been discussed let RickyB, BigWig or Myself know and we will try to get you taken care of.

I will get NitroHonda take care of with the CC when I get there this Sunday.

The LIST:

Specnatz
Axman
Nitro Honda + 1 or 2 depending on if his wife allows him to drink or not.
Kaiser Toro (Soccer? Boooo {unless it is for kids})
Hookinreds + 1
Barrett + 2 or 3
Rockabilly + 1
Fletch (lives) + 3 and one masocist

PS. If you know anyone who is not on the mailing list please let BigWig know because he is still in charge of that and Rick is still the main point of contact with ThirdBase.

axman40
09-26-2007, 02:54 PM
Sunday, SunDay! SUNDAY! I will be at 3b watching The Texans!
:texflag: :fans:

NitroGSXR
09-26-2007, 03:04 PM
The thing though, Spec, is that their TVs don't have closed captioning in them. He did not purchase them as TVs but as computer LCDs. LCDs are not required by law to have a closed captioning decoder built in like TVs are.

As for last Sunday, the game was shown on K-EYE thus we need the decoder for it to work. Two weeks ago the game was on NFL Network and it's their responsibility since it's content that they own. No, the NFL network does not have to by law caption the games but they do.

Third Base just won't do it for me. It's not from a lack of not trying by Third Base. They really tried. It's just the way they're set up. They would have to spend money to accomodate me and that's not what I'm really looking for. I can just very easily go elsewhere without causing up a poopfest.

Wellllll.... I got a question... if the game is being shown on local TV, could one retort to watching it on the NFL network instead? If that's so, then we would have to have Third Base put it on the NFLn channel and not KEYE so we can get the captioning up since the NFLn captions their games and has that feature enabled within their systems.

Specnatz
09-26-2007, 03:31 PM
The thing though, Spec, is that their TVs don't have closed captioning in them. He did not purchase them as TVs but as computer LCDs. LCDs are not required by law to have a closed captioning decoder built in like TVs are.

As for last Sunday, the game was shown on K-EYE thus we need the decoder for it to work. Two weeks ago the game was on NFL Network and it's their responsibility since it's content that they own. No, the NFL network does not have to by law caption the games but they do.

Third Base just won't do it for me. It's not from a lack of not trying by Third Base. They really tried. It's just the way they're set up. They would have to spend money to accomodate me and that's not what I'm really looking for. I can just very easily go elsewhere without causing up a poopfest.

Wellllll.... I got a question... if the game is being shown on local TV, could one retort to watching it on the NFL network instead? If that's so, then we would have to have Third Base put it on the NFLn channel and not KEYE so we can get the captioning up since the NFLn captions their games and has that feature enabled within their systems.

Last week Bill switched the games to the NFL Network for us because he knows of our hatred for KEYE. So that is not a problem. Like I said it was my fault for not getting it setup in advance. All I had to do is ask and it would have been done.

Kaiser Toro
09-26-2007, 03:38 PM
I will be there but will be tardy. I have a soccer game at 9:45 am in Onion Creek and will come directly.

hookinreds
09-26-2007, 04:19 PM
In-laws will be in town, but they usually get on the road after breakfest. So count me in at this point plus one.

NitroGSXR
09-26-2007, 04:54 PM
Last week Bill switched the games to the NFL Network for us because he knows of our hatred for KEYE. So that is not a problem. Like I said it was my fault for not getting it setup in advance. All I had to do is ask and it would have been done.

NitroHonda plus two.... no I want beer. NitroHonda plus one!

BigWig
09-26-2007, 08:01 PM
Well is week 4 and were are 2-1 and still in the hunt for just about anything. We sure got banged up playing with those ponys. I suspect we will need to keep an eye on those dirty birds this week, they seem to play kinda dirty.
Anyway this is your wake up call to post on the thread over at www.texanstalk.com and get ready to show 3rd base again what a gr8 following we have. I heard on ESPN 1530 a bunch of VY homers calling in the other day after the thumbtacks embarrased the Aints, saying we Texans fans are non exisitant and a bunch of whiners, that everyone in ATX wants VY.
Heres your chance fans , show up in numbers and cheer on our Texans.
On a side note I will not be there I have to go to Dullass to see my family, but I know KT, Spec, and Hookinreds, and Nitro and the rest of the gang will take up my slack.
PS y'all dont forget the chants "Houston", "Texans", "First down", and "KEYE Sucks"!

FatTabbyMama
09-26-2007, 08:20 PM
I will miss this Sunday, sadly. It's my mom's birthday so I'll be in Houston with her. Y'all have fun and GO TEXANS! :fans:

rickyb
09-26-2007, 08:31 PM

Awesome, Spec. Thanks for working with Bill on this important issue.

Sorry that I will miss this coming weekend.

barrett
09-27-2007, 12:28 AM
i'll be there + 2 or maybe 3.

rockabilly
09-27-2007, 12:22 PM
I will be there +1.

axman40
09-27-2007, 03:16 PM
I will miss this Sunday, sadly. It's my mom's birthday so I'll be in Houston with her. Y'all have fun and GO TEXANS! :fans:
Tell your mom Happy Birthday from the gang at Reliant West!
:fans:

Specnatz
09-29-2007, 10:48 AM
C'mon folks is this it? We need more people there, to show that we want this place as our home, because you know damn well KEYE will screw us again.

HJam72
09-29-2007, 11:58 AM

You need to take your mom to the game for her birthday. :fans: :texflag:

fletcher
09-30-2007, 01:55 AM
I will be there this week. I am bringing 3-4. Sadly one of them is a Dolphins fan. 4th is a Steelers fan but not sure if she'll be there.

hookinreds
09-30-2007, 07:50 AM
I will be there this week. I am bringing 3-4. Sadly one of them is a Dolphins fan. 4th is a Steelers fan but not sure if she'll be there.

No problem...we can boo them equally.

Kaiser Toro
09-30-2007, 07:59 AM
I will be there before 12 pm. Our soccer game was cancelled.

fletcher
09-30-2007, 09:43 AM
No problem...we can boo them equally.

I've always hoped that Houston fans were better than that. :) We boo the bad plays, or the teams that play, but a fan doesn't deserve it unless they are a jerk.

For example, I went to see the Dallas/Texans game a few years ago in Dallas. It was miserable being a Texans fan there, as the Cowboys fans are 100% dicks. Walking out after the Cowboys had won, I was made to feel like it was somehow I was a pariah or some such.

Specnatz
09-30-2007, 10:05 AM
I've always hoped that Houston fans were better than that. :) We boo the bad plays, or the teams that play, but a fan doesn't deserve it unless they are a jerk.

For example, I went to see the Dallas/Texans game a few years ago in Dallas. It was miserable being a Texans fan there, as the Cowboys fans are 100% dicks. Walking out after the Cowboys had won, I was made to feel like it was somehow I was a pariah or some such.

With Hookinred it is more a figure of speech. He Brings a Bronco fan with him.

It just means if he knows there is a fan of a certain team there he will be sure to have fun with the fan and boo their team. It is all about making sure everyone has fun.

NitroGSXR
09-30-2007, 10:30 AM

You do not have to worry about that. Texan fans are one of the best groups when it comes to opposing fans. Look at the rivalry forum! We t reat them well! They're usually the ones who turn hostile. What goes around comes around.

Now, I'm going to boo your friend and then buy him a beer next week. I have nothing against Dolphin fans this week but next week is a whole different story. Right now, I'm targeting Falcon fans. KILL ATLANTA!!

It's all in good fun!

:fans:

ATRAIN
09-30-2007, 10:55 AM
I missed last week cause I was at the game and this week im at work :(, at work right now actually. Next week ill be out of town. DaMN i want to go out there with you guys. Anyways make me proud cheer loud. :fans:

SheTexan
09-30-2007, 11:02 AM
You guys/gals have a great time and rep our Texans well! I think about ya every Sunday.

Kaiser Toro
09-30-2007, 11:33 AM
20 folks so far, come on down!:texflag:

They also got the closed captioning worked out.

H-Town Balla#90
09-30-2007, 04:46 PM
sucks that i couldn't make it today.......was on daughter duty and was having problems w/ my road runner and couldn't post until now.

hope you guys had a good crowd......sux that our D let harrington have a field day......but in all honesty, at least these longhorns fans that are demanding the titans/VY are feeling $hitty todat too, what with K-State straight up d**k smacking the 'horns at home. (sorry to all you Texans fans that are horns fans too, but that's the reality of it, a majority of them want titans over us, so screw them in my opinion!!!)

hopefully i cfan be there next week.

Hookem Horns
09-30-2007, 06:40 PM
sucks that i couldn't make it today.......was on daughter duty and was having problems w/ my road runner and couldn't post until now.

hope you guys had a good crowd......sux that our D let harrington have a field day......but in all honesty, at least these longhorns fans that are demanding the titans/VY are feeling $hitty todat too, what with K-State straight up d**k smacking the 'horns at home. (sorry to all you Texans fans that are horns fans too, but that's the reality of it, a majority of them want titans over us, so screw them in my opinion!!!)

hopefully i cfan be there next week.

VY is being featured on 60 Minutes tonight. That's surely not going to help the cause against the Titans in Austin.

BTW, don't worry about offending me. I too am fed up with the UT/Titan thing. Yes, I am a Longhorns fan but college football for me is just a warmup for Sunday. Until college gets a real playoff system I will never be fully on board with it.

fletcher
09-30-2007, 10:37 PM
Was it just me or did the jam a few more tables in there this week? It seemed much tighter than last week, uncomfortably so.

Plus, it let in room for the cowboys fans. Which is a true disappointment.

dalemurphy
09-30-2007, 10:50 PM
Was it just me or did the jam a few more tables in there this week? It seemed much tighter than last week, uncomfortably so.

Plus, it let in room for the cowboys fans. Which is a true disappointment.

Well, I know there were 4 or 5 broken chairs in the way- that made it pretty tight. Someone needs to tell that fat*ss Barrett to be more careful!

NitroGSXR
09-30-2007, 10:54 PM
I was disappointed with the turnout. This was an away game thus we should have had a large gathering. If we're to call Third Base our official home then we have to attend in droves! Especially when the Texans are out of town.

C'mon guys.

Specnatz? I thought you were going to pop a blood vessel. Lol.

Barrett? Quit breaking chairs. Yes sir. Try standing until you lose another... what? How skinny is your butt? Cheeeeee.... Didn't you break one last week as well?

KT, good job on the first downs.

Good times, guys! Yes, you can go ahead and put me down for next week as well! Screw it. The rest of the season! Except for the Tampa Bay game. I'm going.:shades:

FatTabbyMama
10-01-2007, 12:40 AM
I missed breaking chairs? Man, mom's birthday wasn't anywhere near as exciting! Missed y'all; it's just not the same watching the game at home. Count me in for next Sunday, or as Nitro said, for every Sunday that I'm not lucky enough to make it to a game. :texflag:

BigWig
10-01-2007, 07:40 AM
I am sorry to hear the turnout wasnt as good as before. This is what I was referring to in the the past several years when I ran the party's at the Saxon pub.
If we werent winning the fans wouldnt show, thans thats when I officially retired and thanks to Spec Ricky KT and a few others I was coaxed out of retirement.
I was in Dallas visiting family or I would have been there.
Too bad we made Joey look like Manning, we should have one that but were too banged up I suppose.
Way to step it up Andre D.
I'll be there for the Fins , and since they allow kids and take care of them so well, If I have to I will bring my girl again.

NitroGSXR
10-01-2007, 10:44 AM
I missed breaking chairs? Man, mom's birthday wasn't anywhere near as exciting! Missed y'all; it's just not the same watching the game at home. Count me in for next Sunday, or as Nitro said, for every Sunday that I'm not lucky enough to make it to a game. :texflag:

Okayyyyy. So are you really a fat tubby mama or is that just a name? I don't recall seeing a fat lady at Third Base over the last four weeks. You need to give me a nudge this coming Sunday so I can put a face to your name.

Just listen for a guy screaming his lungs out. Listen carefully though. You should be able to detect a Deaf accent. If that don't work, the flapping of my hands between me and my girlfriend as well as my boy should arrest your attention.

I've pretty much gotten to know a lot of the people so if you can't find me... just ask someone. They'll point me out. This goes for everyone on the board. I want to know who you all are!

barrett
10-01-2007, 11:32 AM
I think you all will attest to the fact that I spend the majority of my time at third base on my feet.

NitroGSXR
10-01-2007, 11:34 AM
I think you all will attest to the fact that I spend the majority of my time at third base on my feet.

Quit lying, fatty.

:specnatz:

Barrett is really skinny for those of you that don't know.

Mr. White
10-01-2007, 11:44 AM
I'm back from vacation today. I went from Ft. Lauderdale to Austin by plane and then back from Miami to Austin by car.

Then I went back east to Brenham for the weekend. Then I had to do my online defensive driving class last night after I got back to Austin.

Having said all that, I should be back at 3rd Base this upcoming Sunday.

rockabilly
10-01-2007, 02:36 PM
I thought a fight was gonna break out between a Texans fan and a Romo fan at third base...the cowboy fan was talking so much crap for no reason to a kid sitting at my table, I wish the Texan fan (dont know his name, italian looking with red texan cap on), would of decked him...

I had to move my girlfriend, cause it looked pretty serious like something was gonna go down.

Can you imagine ONE cowboy fan starting a fight with a ROOM FULL OF TEXANS?

Specnatz
10-01-2007, 02:49 PM
I thought a fight was gonna break out between a Texans fan and a Romo fan at third base...the cowboy fan was talking so much crap for no reason to a kid sitting at my table, I wish the Texan fan (dont know his name, italian looking with red texan cap on), would of decked him...

I had to move my girlfriend, cause it looked pretty serious like something was gonna go down.

I did not hear any of that, I did yell Cowboys Suck .......... Once.

hookinreds
10-01-2007, 04:22 PM
I did not hear any of that, I did yell Cowboys Suck .......... Once.

You yelled a lot of things once.

There were two cowboy fans in the center of the room with their two lady friends. One of them said something towards the end of the game about the Texans (I believe that was not to long after you declaired your love for the cowboys). Myself and a couple others in the room just turned around and looked at him without saying anything...he didn't say much after that.:cowboy1:

NitroGSXR
10-01-2007, 07:39 PM

I saw that too and was about to jump in. I'm the kind of guy who would never start a fight but I would jump in and back my guy up in a heartbeat! That's just the way I am.

Don't worry, mate. I got your back.

FatTabbyMama
10-01-2007, 11:31 PM
Okayyyyy. So are you really a fat tubby mama or is that just a name? I don't recall seeing a fat lady at Third Base over the last four weeks. You need to give me a nudge this coming Sunday so I can put a face to your name.

Just listen for a guy screaming his lungs out. Listen carefully though. You should be able to detect a Deaf accent. If that don't work, the flapping of my hands between me and my girlfriend as well as my boy should arrest your attention.

I've pretty much gotten to know a lot of the people so if you can't find me... just ask someone. They'll point me out. This goes for everyone on the board. I want to know who you all are!

Oh I know exactly who you are... ;)

I am the "mom" to a slightly grumpy 20 lb orange tabby cat - hence the name. I used to have a jewelry biz I named after her, so all my logons were a variation of that theme. The few people that know me from these boards know that name, so I've stuck with it despite having shipped my "kid" off to live with my parents in Houston (roommate is allergic).

barrett
10-02-2007, 02:13 AM
Quit lying, fatty.

:specnatz:

Barrett is really skinny for those of you that don't know.

I have a fun little bet that I use from time to time to get a free 6 pack of beer. It's called the " I weigh 180'something .... no freakin' way you weigh 180'something!!!!" bet.... but actually usually it's someone that thinks (because i'm actually a bit average sized) that I weight MORE than that. (I'm 6' 3") So, in actuality I am not that skinny but rather I am un-heavy. furthering the defense that it's not my fault that every away game a chair is broken at 3rd base. the fact that dale murphys' chubby left knee is breaking chairs right in front of our favorite waitress is also helping my case. Thanks dale.

;)

barrett
10-02-2007, 02:26 AM
oh... by the way, even though we had a lighter turnout out than the panthers game I thought we made some noise and continued to stake out claim to that back room.

i'm proud to say that i have no idea if the game was even televised locally. with the next game being a home game though we really need all the non-ticket holders to come out IN FORCE!!! ya'll are gonna have to really fill that room!

Big Wig! this is TEXANS 2.0! you have to forgive them the past and give them a second chance!!!! lets keep this going!!!

dalemurphy
10-02-2007, 08:29 AM
I have a fun little bet that I use from time to time to get a free 6 pack of beer. It's called the " I weigh 180'something .... no freakin' way you weigh 180'something!!!!" bet.... but actually usually it's someone that thinks (because i'm actually a bit average sized) that I weight MORE than that. (I'm 6' 3") So, in actuality I am not that skinny but rather I am un-heavy. furthering the defense that it's not my fault that every away game a chair is broken at 3rd base. the fact that dale murphys' chubby left knee is breaking chairs right in front of our favorite waitress is also helping my case. Thanks dale.

;)

Barrett, you obviously understand nothing about physics. I have a tiny knee. That's why, when I focused all my massive weight onto one tiny spot on that chair, it made a crunching sound that nobody, the waitress included, can prove was the sound of a chair breaking. After all, you are the one with the reputation, you were in the vacinity, you have no alibi, and your wife was cheering at inapropriate moments of the game on Sunday!

axman40
10-02-2007, 04:24 PM
No mere chair can withstand Barrett's Buns of Steel! What's next walnuts?:texflag:

barrett
10-03-2007, 02:13 AM
this is developing into a very VERY odd reputation for me. .... i must say....

Specnatz
10-03-2007, 07:13 AM
this is developing into a very VERY odd reputation for me. .... i must say....

The bar stool is still the funniest. how many pieces was that thing in when you got done with it.

:wild:

dalemurphy
10-03-2007, 07:55 AM
The bar stool is still the funniest. how many pieces was that thing in when you got done with it.

:wild:

In fairness, the bar stool broke when he jumped on top of it and did that really obscene celebratory dance he does every time Faggins makes a play. Yep, that's Barrett's boy: PETEY!